Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 21, 2019 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That's why you shouldn't mess with Mavis. When she's focused, prepare for a fierce fight. I think the guy that challenged her was a fool. Pauline's magical abilities impresses me but that ending of that fight was priceless. Same with Reina's although I didn't find that fight surprising against the old dude.

Nice fireworks though, Melie lol. The pose at the end of the fights was gold.

Stark700Oct 23, 2019 10:04 AM
Oct 21, 2019 9:02 AM

Apr 2016
Can someone please throw a demon lord or two at them already ?
Oct 21, 2019 9:06 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Another good and funny episode, Mile still draw attention haha.
I really like that group for the moment, they're cutes
Oct 21, 2019 9:24 AM

May 2015
Very cute, I like how their opponents are not really dangerous on some massive scale and everything is so lighthearted.
The bit with figurines was great. Nicely done, Pauline.
Oct 21, 2019 9:25 AM

Sep 2013
If someone read light novel, probably watching this adaptation cause him a headache. :(
Oct 21, 2019 9:55 AM

Mar 2018
Maybe I should've waited with start reading...
WieczornyKac said:
If someone read light novel, probably watching this adaptation cause him a headache. :(
cause this is exactly the case now

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Oct 21, 2019 9:55 AM

Aug 2013
These girls are overpowered. Pauline's fight was hilarious, she terrifying lol.

Oct 21, 2019 10:02 AM

Feb 2016
3 episodes and we already got through a tournament? lmao
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 21, 2019 10:18 AM
Aug 2017
WieczornyKac said:

Oh I assure you, it is. FUNA deserved better than this " "adaptation" "
Between skipping a bunch and changing a bunch to make it a more generic and cliche isekai this is honestly the most disappointing anime for me this year.
saiforsOct 21, 2019 10:43 AM
Oct 21, 2019 10:29 AM

Nov 2014
I love it. Comedy is actually funny, characters cute and even when there are some enemies it's still lighthearted.
Oct 21, 2019 11:00 AM
Dec 2015
Ahhhh, I enjoyed the Episode to a point. Just so disappointed in the fight. Mavis and Reinas was identical to the books, but the two fights I really wanted to see was Pauline's and Miles.

While it was amusing, it still left so much to be desired. So much content was skipped, and even not taking the skip into consideration the Episode felt over all rushed as you never got to learn about motivations, goals or their other adventures while at school. Also what happened to Veil???

Largely disappointed in the Episode. Hoping the next one is better, but I have a feeling a lot of the other big fights that happen later on will also be underwhelming like this one was.
Oct 21, 2019 11:08 AM

Oct 2017
One Reina for me, please!
:P

Also, announce second season already! Third too! And more!
Oct 21, 2019 11:14 AM
Oct 2019
No no! please no! FUNA deserve more incredible and serious adaptation than this! really love how the story in LN even the manga has almost the same until this part in ep3 with its LN counterpart.

why there's no backstory on how Mile ended up in hunter school (like how the manga brought it up by skipping the entire of vol1 LN and make it into past story that Mile told to her roommates)

the scene that should be more touching where Rena told Mile that why not make party with them, and its reason (runaway princess, concubine of some old man and ms. fugitive)

ugh what's with that fighting seriously, FUNA made it more into serious, twisted and gruesome type of battle though still skillfully inserting some jokes in it.
*where's the lost char Veil?
*where's the serious epic fight between Mile and the supposed to be the one their are against mithril roar and its leader?
*where's Paulin's exciting fight with her broken arm and epic twin fire ball?

The producer seriously having fun twisting the original story so much it makes headache to follow.

aside from all of those above. For non followers of LN and Manga adaptation this anime sure is good one with cute and light joke of all girls MC in Isekai. Easy to follow on how isekai story type with its OP MC flows.
Rx8391kmhOct 21, 2019 11:18 AM
Oct 21, 2019 11:24 AM

Jan 2008
Well, butchered adaption aside, seeing the Crimson Vow skit animated was nice I guess...

Smirked when Nano decided to apologize in advance to the audience that 6 month just went by like that.
Oct 21, 2019 11:36 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Miles crafting skills really are impressive as shown in the Reina figure that she made. Given that the school's main role is to train hunters its a given that graduation will involve a battle of sorts but to think it will be on such a scale. Miles stories as well as seeing the kidnappers again sure ended up creating quite the sense of motivation for the party. A motivation that was backed up up by some impressive skill thanks to the training they had from Mile. While Mavis was fast and Reina's magic was powerful Pauline had to be the most scary one. But Miles training sure managed to show to the world the power that Miles party had in the best way possible. It was so satisfying seeing the girls get their revenge on the ones that humiliated them last time. Despite the opportunity to join some real famous groups it was nice to see the girls honor their promises and form their own party. A pretty entertaining ep that really showed not just how much the girls friendships and bonds have developed but also how much impact Miles little training had on them as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2019 11:49 AM

Jun 2019
Decent ep to set up the next part of the story line. i like how they manage to cram a lot of action and events into a single ep, yet it doesn't feel rushed.

I liked the story telling at the beginning, "are the girls susceptible to these stories, like otaku from my world". It seems like Mile (the Japanese pronunciation is so different from english, I'd say it more like Mi-lee, not Myle) is quite well informed about the whole anime/manga/idol activites of her former world.

Oh forgot how hilarious that truck death was for her in the first ep, like a wink at Konosuba and many others that have done it before.
Oct 21, 2019 12:01 PM
Sep 2013
WieczornyKac said:

I read the WN then the LN when it came out in english.
I participated in the comment section of the WN for a good 100+ chapters as soon as each chapter came out until life got too hectic.

I was expecting good things and was excited for the first episode when it came out.
What I wasn't expecting was that 5 minutes in, I was reaching for the cupboard looking for paracetamol.
Oct 21, 2019 12:20 PM

Mar 2013
I'm gonna need a gif of the huge mercenary running away from Mile before the fight even started
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Oct 21, 2019 12:44 PM

Jan 2016
Damn these fights were really lackluster :/

Except the last one.

Oct 21, 2019 12:55 PM

Jan 2016
Riotstarter said:
I'm gonna need a gif of the huge mercenary running away from Mile before the fight even started

Your wish is my command

Oct 21, 2019 12:57 PM

Nov 2013
wtf this anime is so funny, i laughed way too much this episode
seriously, i can't even imagine how nice the manga/novel is, if everyone is complaining lol
winddevil1Oct 21, 2019 1:00 PM
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Oct 21, 2019 1:28 PM

Jul 2014
Fuck This Shit I'm Out lmao.

Pauline's fighting style can be scary. And damn, the girl doesn't waste time and she's already making money.

I wonder if they will ever learn (probably not)... don't call the loli flat, she's still growing!

POSE!

The tournament arc was short but very funny.
Oct 21, 2019 1:37 PM

Apr 2014

Wanting to be normal when you're level 9999 and people around you are at a two digit number.
You'll get used to it.
Oct 21, 2019 2:02 PM

Apr 2015
This was pretty funny! The fights were silly for the most part, and the guy running away from Mile was the funniest of them all. To think that they have gotten so much attention already that they are selling small figures off themeselves XD

winddevil1 said:
seriously, i can't even imagine how nice the manga/novel is, if everyone is complaining lol

Been wondering the same thing, so far it's really enjoyable but most I see is negativity... maybe after this adaptation it's time to actually read the source.
Oct 21, 2019 2:04 PM
Jun 2010
the fighting was so lackluster and lazy. They really remove all the character building and world building from this series, trying to turn it into the next KonoSuba.
Oct 21, 2019 2:24 PM

Jun 2016
ChloeVonEinzbern said:

Wanting to be normal when you're level 9999 and people around you are at a two digit number.
You'll get used to it.

Ahahahah XD same vibe of goblin slayer's priestess.
Oct 21, 2019 2:42 PM
Jan 2019
This episode was too funny and the references were not missing. The girls did great in the exhibition, the training they received from Mile paid off, I would say too much 😂.
I already feel that I will miss this anime when I finish, it has become one of my favorites 😁.
Oct 21, 2019 2:46 PM
Oct 2019
I don't know why I enjony so much this anime. It just too easy to watch.

I can't wait to see Miles full power lol.
Oct 21, 2019 2:53 PM
Feb 2018
Funny as hell. I will start reading manga or LN as soon as this ended, considering everyone else complains about skipped content it just HAS to be great...
Oct 21, 2019 6:47 PM

Jun 2013
i just lost it when that B rank hunter just ran away
Oct 21, 2019 6:55 PM

Jul 2016
That mercenary dude running away from Mile was so unexpected it made me laugh out loud xD

Another quite entertaining episode.
Oct 21, 2019 7:33 PM

Oct 2015
CeddyyBearr said:
This was pretty funny! The fights were silly for the most part, and the guy running away from Mile was the funniest of them all. To think that they have gotten so much attention already that they are selling small figures off themeselves XD

winddevil1 said:

Been wondering the same thing, so far it's really enjoyable but most I see is negativity... maybe after this adaptation it's time to actually read the source.

i can gurantee, these people are just focking overreacting lol
ln/wn source fags are alwyas like this
as if they know what generic or cliche actually means in the first place
i dont doubt the ln/wn is better
i doubt that this adaptation is actually bad lmao
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Oct 21, 2019 7:49 PM

Oct 2015
I wonder if they practiced that theatrical pose, since they were all in sync? For someone who doesn't want to stand out, Mile sure placed her effort on that pose.

I can't wait for more of their adventures, they're a lively bunch to watch.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 21, 2019 9:26 PM
Aug 2018
enJ0Yable said:
Funny as hell. I will start reading manga or LN as soon as this ended, considering everyone else complains about skipped content it just HAS to be great...

I assure you, the light novel is a million times better. (don't bother with the manga). I've read volumes 1 and 2 in the past 3 days and I'm hooked.
Oct 21, 2019 9:35 PM
Oct 2016
lihle808 said:
I wonder if they practiced that theatrical pose, since they were all in sync? For someone who doesn't want to stand out, Mile sure placed her effort on that pose.

I can't wait for more of their adventures, they're a lively bunch to watch.

Considering Mile/Adele's reaction to be: "Are we really doing this?"...
They have had to practice it before the Graduation "Arc".

===

Personally I love this episode (as well), the comedic execution was perfect, and if this anime continues to be this fun and wacky, I may just pick up the LNs after the anime finishes just to see what are the differences.
Oct 21, 2019 9:42 PM
Aug 2018
Mei-o_Scarlett said:
CeddyyBearr said:

i can gurantee, these people are just focking overreacting lol
ln/wn source fags are alwyas like this
as if they know what generic or cliche actually means in the first place
i dont doubt the ln/wn is better
i doubt that this adaptation is actually bad lmao

You haven't read the light novel so I understand that you would say this, but this adaptation is truly horrible. They have cut out all world building and character development. The first half of volume 1 of LN is entirely, which explains why Mile is at Hunter's Prep (honestly my favorite part of the LN so far). The tournament was supposed to be a serious, climatic fight scene against the Roaring Mythrils. But instead these anime original cliche villians were the enemies and they looked like a massive joke. Not to mention they cut out my poor buddy Veil. Poor Veil. I won't go into too much detail because then I would have a whole essay of stuff they cut out.

tldr; The anime adaptation clearly has no intention of properly adapting the story. I would guess that they are going for a KonoSuba vibe, and I think they were moderately successful. People that haven't seen the light novel seem to be enjoying it.

The anime just does not do the light novel justice so I 100% recommend reading the light novel, just maybe after you've watched the anime if you don't want the anime ruined for you.
Oct 21, 2019 9:47 PM

Oct 2015
>doent do it justice
>just complains about stuff YOU liked being cutt out
sasuga

and then you wonder why no one takes your complaint seriously

also yes, adaptations are NOT supposed to actually uyknow, adapt the work
if we go by this logic
ghost in the shell would be the worst anime ever

Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Oct 21, 2019 9:47 PM
Sep 2013
enJ0Yable said:

The WN/LN is great yes.
Liking it is another matter depending on what you liked about the previous episodes.
Oct 21, 2019 9:53 PM
Oct 2016
getBoolean said:

You haven't read the light novel so I understand that you would say this, but this adaptation is truly horrible. They have cut out all world building and character development. The first half of volume 1 of LN is entirely, which explains why Mile is at Hunter's Prep (honestly my favorite part of the LN so far). The tournament was supposed to be a serious, climatic fight scene against the Roaring Mythrils. But instead these anime original cliche villians were the enemies and they looked like a massive joke. Not to mention they cut out my poor buddy Veil. Poor Veil. I won't go into too much detail because then I would have a whole essay of stuff they cut out.

tldr; The anime adaptation clearly has no intention of properly adapting the story. I would guess that they are going for a KonoSuba vibe, and I think they were moderately successful. People that haven't seen the light novel seem to be enjoying it.

The anime just does not do the light novel justice so I 100% recommend reading the light novel, just maybe after you've watched the anime if you don't want the anime ruined for you.

I could understand why you'd be upset about it, but it's an LN (and manga) to anime adaptation. They have to cut things at places to get to the pacing they wanted, and personally, I find the pacing just right. Heck, considering the trend, they can always place the first half of vol 1 later. As I've read the free sampler, I could safely say that:

Honestly, I'd say I enjoy the show right now for being just as it is. At least it's not something REALLY dissapointing like Mekaku City Actors which the adaptation ruined all sense of pacing and plot progression to fit what should be 8 LN volumes in 12 episodes.
Oct 21, 2019 10:28 PM
Aug 2018
ronelm2000 said:
getBoolean said:

I could understand why you'd be upset about it, but it's an LN (and manga) to anime adaptation. They have to cut things at places to get to the pacing they wanted, and personally, I find the pacing just right. Heck, considering the trend, they can always place the first half of vol 1 later. As I've read the free sampler, I could safely say that:

Honestly, I'd say I enjoy the show right now for being just as it is. At least it's not something REALLY dissapointing like Mekaku City Actors which the adaptation ruined all sense of pacing and plot progression to fit what should be 8 LN volumes in 12 episodes.

yeah I understand the exposition being skipped, that's pretty standard for anime, but they skipped the entire first arc. They've cut out all foreshadowing too (as anime often does), so maybe they plan on doing something with it later, but idk.

I agree, the anime is pretty good except for the cliche lolicon villians they introduced and a few other small things
Oct 21, 2019 11:53 PM
Oct 2016
getBoolean said:
yeah I understand the exposition being skipped, that's pretty standard for anime, but they skipped the entire first arc. They've cut out all foreshadowing too (as anime often does), so maybe they plan on doing something with it later, but idk.

I agree, the anime is pretty good except for the cliche lolicon villians they introduced and a few other small things

Considering the ED, and SD Marcelina, I doubt they will ignore the first arc forever. They will shuffle around the plot points to improve narrative consistency (they've done it for EP2, for example), and the breadcrumbs that each character has their own past has already been placed. Adele described her situation as "complicated", and Reina has been hinted to have a ... family situation, and Pauline described her home as, "something she has to go back to eventually". Even the little points like Lenny's involvement, the reputation of the Hunter Prep School, and the fact that many parties going by example tend to be gender-balanced, have all been placed properly on a world that's basically reminiscent of medieval settings, as well as mention of Nobles.

It would be narrative-wise to keep this redundancy to a minimum:

Until the anime fully airs with no signs that Adele's past is explained, I'd count the first arc, not as skipped, but simply not adapted yet, for that reason.
Oct 22, 2019 12:15 AM

Oct 2008
Another totally fun episode!
Mavis, Pauline, & Reina also got strong against some B-class opponents!
that pose of the 4 girls, only 1 more and they would be a sentai group lolz!
5/5.

Oct 22, 2019 3:16 AM

Oct 2017
Another funny episode thou the previous ones were better. Pauline's fight was the best lol, also she is scary. Well even thou Mile wants a average life she us getting a lot of attention as usual.
Oct 22, 2019 3:26 AM

Mar 2019
That was a cool ep, their team looks cool and they are fighting great !
That OP is catchy too
Oct 22, 2019 3:42 AM

Feb 2017
Hm, can they be considered chuunibyou if they got the fantastics powers to back it up?

BTW tossing my two cents to the complains from the readers because why not, usually I see the readers always complain that this or that detail got cut even if the anime is 8.5+ in MAL and sometimes animes trying to pander to the readers by shoving all the exposition into 12 episodes end up making the anime bad, so as a producer for this I would go "why bother" and just make a good anime based on the material given, if it's good enough people will go read the source and not be bored from having already seen it all and the readers can get something different from what they already know.
Oct 22, 2019 3:44 AM
Sep 2018
Seriously, what the fuck is the anime studio is thinking? They made a shit adaptation to one of my favorite light novel. I guess the light novel readers were also disappointed to the anime adaptation. With me! Those who were disappointed from the episode 1 till the latest episode!
Oct 22, 2019 4:57 AM

Oct 2007
another fun episode. ^^

whoa, they all really improved. Easily defeat all those B-rank hunters. Plenty of money from selling nendoroids as well.
Oct 22, 2019 6:31 AM

May 2018
LMao they're overpowered as hell.
The captain mercenary decided it wasn't worth it and ran away!
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Oct 22, 2019 11:13 AM

Apr 2014
Franz79 said:

Ahahahah XD same vibe of goblin slayer's priestess.
Yeah, pretty much that's a parody of her just like we got a parody of Dragon Ball / Dragon Ball Z in the show.
Oct 22, 2019 1:03 PM

Dec 2018
I don't understand the idea of making an adaptation, but not adapting any of the original material and just filling it with references and silly jokes, since the novel was good and different enough to be worth it, I hope that the adaptation of Azusa the slime slayer has better luck.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2019

125 by Vosson12564_cool »»
Mar 4, 4:01 PM

Poll: » Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2019

89 by Old_Fart_61 »»
Jan 11, 7:18 PM

» Where do I pick up the light novel after the anime?

neil - Dec 23, 2019

8 by abyss_will »»
Dec 12, 2023 11:22 AM

» will this ever get a second season?

go1d1eaf - May 22, 2021

17 by NiQ1 »»
Oct 4, 2023 1:33 AM

Poll: » Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2019

117 by Saxanka »»
Sep 26, 2023 9:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.