Forum Settings
Forums

What's wrong with making an anime-like utopia?

New
Oct 20, 2019 6:40 PM

Jul 2016
Why is reshaping society to be like anime bad?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 20, 2019 6:44 PM

Jun 2019
As much as I would like to be constantly falling over while fondling minors' breasts and getting away with it, I don't see how that would be an utopia or at least productive.

Leading biologist Scott Pitnick said:
The bigger your 'nads, the smaller your brains
Oct 20, 2019 6:49 PM
Jul 2018
Bakchos said:
As much as I would like to be constantly falling over while fondling minors' breasts and getting away with it, I don't see how that would be an utopia or at least productive.
By getting away with it you mean being punched, thrown and kicked by that same minor and not having any legal action taken against you.
Oct 20, 2019 6:54 PM

Mar 2018
What the hell does that even mean, can you be more clear?
poop
Oct 20, 2019 6:55 PM

Jun 2019
Peaceful_Critic said:
Bakchos said:
By getting away with it you mean being punched, thrown and kicked by that same minor and not having any legal action taken against you.
If anime taught me anything, that's what should happen in the real world, isn't it?

Leading biologist Scott Pitnick said:
The bigger your 'nads, the smaller your brains
Oct 20, 2019 6:59 PM
Jul 2018
Bakchos said:
Peaceful_Critic said:
If anime taught me anything, that's what should happen in the real world, isn't it?
Should and what does happen are 2 different things, I'm afraid. Not all can break a guy's bone because they walked in a changing room.
Oct 20, 2019 7:00 PM

Jul 2016
Esquirtit said:

A world where looking up skirts, getting "disciplined" up by sexy teachers, and more is commonplace.
Oct 20, 2019 7:06 PM

Jun 2017
I like anime to be nothing more than just...fiction.

Real Life is good as it is, most of the time.

Oct 20, 2019 7:06 PM

Jun 2012
Becoming an Anime boy would eventuate in losing the longing to become Anime.
Oct 20, 2019 7:19 PM

May 2009
IpreferEcchi said:
IpreferEcchi said:
Esquirtit said:
A world where looking up skirts, getting "disciplined" up by sexy teachers, and more is commonplace.
What's wrong is that these aren't my kinks. :P
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Oct 20, 2019 7:21 PM

Oct 2016
Fun topic.

First, how many anime actually portray anything even close to a utopia? SoL cute girls doing cute things shows are the closest I can think of. Those girls usually live very safe stable lives doing whatever they want with very little problems. There's also an understanding that dad isn't home because he's killing himself at work and they spend pretty much all their time sheltered at school, so... I doubt they're going to live the utopian life when they grow up.

Second, in this thread in your clarification you seem to be describing ecchi from the perspective of the main character? So getting consistently blue-balled, by a tortuously good looking group of girls who seem to be interested in you but who will never put out? Man, that's only a utopia for masochists. To be fair this depends on the ecchi. I know some ecchi does have sex or implied sex. Kiss x Sis may very well be utopia.

So now that I've rambled my way into the answer. There's nothing wrong with living the utopian Kiss x Sis life.
Oct 20, 2019 7:23 PM

Mar 2012
No you see I don't want to be constantly worry about truck on the street.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 20, 2019 7:23 PM
Jul 2018
IpreferEcchi said:
Esquirtit said:

Making the world more like your (the general "your," not you specifically) fetishes and fantasies is a bad idea because not everyone likes those. It would be inhumane to force them on people; and if you don't force them, they won't become commonplace because that's what is best for most people.

More generally speaking, making society more sex positive isn't necessarily a bad thing, but you're being too specific.
Oct 20, 2019 7:24 PM

Feb 2018
Wowowowow, a utopia is not only based on sex or panties that have not reached secondary school.

Where is the desire of an Isekai world where you can go on an adventure to kill rapist goblins? Where are the values ​?!
Oct 20, 2019 7:27 PM

Oct 2016
If real life were more like anime, there would be less war, more cooperation, smarter usage of resources, and probably way lower global population. More importantly, there'd be a yearly event where one lucky (and socially-inept) boy is transported to a fantasy realm. Colleges would have magic and battles. The food would always taste good, and everybody will have cute oneesans and oniisans.

妾はアステマ, 荒廃の天使
Oct 20, 2019 7:53 PM

Oct 2016
Minerbit said:
Wowowowow, a utopia is not only based on sex or panties that have not reached secondary school.

Where is the desire of an Isekai world where you can go on an adventure to kill rapist goblins? Where are the values ​?!

Society is based on sex and utopia is based on sex without strife. This is non-negotiable.
Oct 20, 2019 8:06 PM

Feb 2018
SillySlySy said:
Minerbit said:

Society is based on sex and utopia is based on sex without strife. This is non-negotiable.
m-maybe you're right... I guess, the police have always been a problem.

Even a utopia can be corrupted, y-yeah...
Oct 20, 2019 8:24 PM

Jun 2017
the premise here is way too broad to mean anything lol
Oct 20, 2019 8:26 PM

Oct 2016
Minerbit said:

It's a good thing you complied. I'd hate for you to become incompatible with our glorious utopian society.
Oct 20, 2019 8:40 PM

Aug 2016
But that would make anime just live actions, and live actions of anime suck so fuck no.
Oct 20, 2019 8:48 PM

Feb 2018
SillySlySy said:
Minerbit said:

It's a good thing you complied. I'd hate for you to become incompatible with our glorious utopian society.
I-It's not what you think! baaaaka. I understand your perverted utopia and I respect it. But a futuristic / medieval world full of epic adventures is better, sex is not the main thing.
Oct 20, 2019 8:54 PM

Oct 2016
That's it I'm throwing you into the onsen and you're staying there until your skin gets all wrinkly.
Oct 20, 2019 9:31 PM

Aug 2010
I think it depends the anime. I would love if society was like an harem where anyone finds happy.
It wouldn't be so fun a shit society like in Evangelion or Devilman.
Oct 20, 2019 9:35 PM
Jul 2018
IpreferEcchi said:

i would not want to be biggest pussy in the world.
Oct 20, 2019 10:09 PM
Jul 2018
Well, that would depend on what genre of anime we're talking about, and is there really a guarantee we'd all be main characters? :(
Oct 20, 2019 10:12 PM

Feb 2019
It's not bad. It's just not possible.
Oct 21, 2019 12:43 AM
Sep 2019
Isn't anime a lot like real-life, unless you're the special boy or girl who's special because of some special reason and now you have to save the world? A lot like real-life minus the exaggerated expression, constant monologuing, and needless tension focused on something relatively mundane. Yeah, that'd be cool. I can dig that.
Ya boy is going to Con Alt Delete 2020! See you there!

Oct 21, 2019 2:49 AM

Aug 2013
Because anime is only cool when you are the protagonist or part of the main cast. And let's be honest. None of us would be.
Oct 21, 2019 6:55 AM
Jul 2018
KamisamaHatatan said:
Because anime is only cool when you are the protagonist or part of the main cast. And let's be honest. None of us would be.

Hmm... I think it depends on the anime. If anime has taught me anything it is that anybody can be the protagonist or part of the main cast. (Just as long as they are a Japanese high school student).

As for this anime utopia idea... I think it would be like that episode of Black Mirror that was like Star Trek. I'll say no more so I don't spoil it.
Oct 21, 2019 7:08 AM
Jul 2018
KamisamaHatatan said:
yea u'd be a side char at best, me on the other hand id be like the kenshiro or gokku cuz im freakin based and epic dude. very goodd

Oct 21, 2019 7:22 AM

Sep 2019
Why would you nerds want the world to be more ''anime-like''? You barely even qualify as background characters as it is. In an anime world you wouldn't even be worthy of screen time, while main characters like me would get even more shine.

I am a god

Even though I'm a man of god

My whole life in the hand of god

So y'all better quit playing with god

Oct 21, 2019 9:43 AM

Aug 2013
Truxtoff said:
KamisamaHatatan said:
yea u'd be a side char at best, me on the other hand id be like the kenshiro or gokku cuz im freakin based and epic dude. very goodd

I cannot remember Goku or Kenshiro being non-binary. You don't even qualify as a main character in society. Unfortunate
Oct 21, 2019 10:30 AM

May 2009
GreatAide said:
the premise here is way too broad to mean anything lol
This is like, internet opinion statements in a nutshell.

I really don't like ridiculously vague and broad statements like this.

Because pretty much the only proper response to "what do you think of this idea?" is "it depends on the details", every time.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Oct 21, 2019 11:11 AM
Jul 2018
I'd like a Shinsekai Yori society, if I think about it ... without the downsides to it. Don't want to spoiler.
Oct 21, 2019 11:12 AM

Jun 2016
Judging by your replies, if by anime-like utopia you mean a irl ecchi utopia where people pshysicaly harass others all the time without any punishment then yes i find it very wrong and disgusting.
You can already have an utopia like that inside your head.
Oct 21, 2019 11:15 AM

Oct 2013
Only thing I'd want from anime is some of those special powers and abilities to be real. Make life a lot more interesting.

Also giant robots.
Oct 21, 2019 12:04 PM

Jul 2016
KamisamaHatatan said:

I'm talking about culture presented within an anime. Why the fuck would anyone mean things relating to the literal production of anime?
Oct 21, 2019 12:07 PM

Aug 2013
IpreferEcchi said:
KamisamaHatatan said:

I'm talking about culture presented within an anime. Why the fuck would anyone mean things relating to the literal production of anime?

Too much ecchi might have melted your brain into mush, because I didn't say any of that.
Oct 21, 2019 12:09 PM
May 2019
It's not possible unless technology advances and we can make matrix like anime reality, now that would be awesome!!!
Then you can become an OP isekai protagonist lol.
Oct 21, 2019 12:28 PM

Aug 2013
I didn't know you cannot be a protagonist in life too.
Oct 21, 2019 12:35 PM

Dec 2012
I'd take a vanilla H-manga utopia where all conflicts are settled by sex so even if you lose you still kinda win, for sure.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Oct 21, 2019 12:40 PM

Jul 2016
Kruszer said:
I'd take a vanilla H-manga utopia where all conflicts are settled by sex so even if you lose you still kinda win, for sure.

That was the American advertising slogan for the Rumble Roses wrestling game.

"Even when you lose, you win."

My mom purchased it for me recently on Amazon, and the player's guide.

Oct 21, 2019 12:52 PM
Dec 2017
IpreferEcchi said:

so you want a world where pedophilia is everywhere . and where Killing people is allright ...
remember anime world is not as good as you think .
Oct 21, 2019 2:26 PM

Jul 2016
Issmail22Lawfy said:
so you want a world where pedophilia is everywhere . and where Killing people is allright ...

I want a world that values pleasure above all else. Things that don't create mutual pleasure are bad.

Japan is on the right track and everywhere else should follow Japan's example.
Oct 21, 2019 2:33 PM
Dec 2017
IpreferEcchi said:
Issmail22Lawfy said:

I want a world that values pleasure above all else. Things that don't create mutual pleasure are bad.

be reasonable dude , if there is no rules for pleasure and relationship it would be just a war so strong men will get the pleasure while weak men won't get it .
are you sure you are going to be a strong man in that world , because at least in real life you don't need to be like john cena to get a wife, kids, money
Oct 21, 2019 2:35 PM

Jul 2016
Issmail22Lawfy said:
be reasonable dude , if there is no rules for pleasure and relationship it would be just a war so strong men will get the pleasure while weak men won't get it .
are you sure you are going to be a strong man in that world , because at least in real life you don't need to be like john cena to get a wife, kids, money

You missed the MUTUAL PLEASURE part.

Nobody reads everything I say. Some don't read any of it, like a guy on my profile earlier...
Oct 21, 2019 3:01 PM
Dec 2017
IpreferEcchi said:
Issmail22Lawfy said:

You missed the MUTUAL PLEASURE part.

Nobody reads everything I say. Some don't read any of it, like a guy on my profile earlier...

what is "mutual pleasure" for you?

Oct 21, 2019 3:33 PM

Jun 2019
Yes, as @SillySlySy says, if it could be like Kiss X Sis (with implied sexual intimacy with non blood related cute girls) then count me in. If you're talking about the "normal" life of an MC in the usual harem/ecchi show then no thanks, they never get anywhere past the confession or a kiss. I couldn't take that, even as a 14 year old lad I couldn't handle just that level of intimacy for long, so defo not for life.
Oct 21, 2019 5:39 PM

Apr 2015
IpreferEcchi said:
Issmail22Lawfy said:

I want a world that values pleasure above all else.

You and Slaanesh would get along mighty-fine my friend. ^^
Oct 21, 2019 6:49 PM

Jul 2016
Monarch-Reli said:
You and Slaanesh would get along mighty-fine my friend. ^^

I've heard this before and now that I'm hearing it outside Forum Games I really know that I'm popular.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » What position do you watch anime in?

Spunkert - 6 hours ago

14 by Rairuchela »»
5 seconds ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

977 by YahwehTzVaoth »»
2 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

73 by Kenzolo-folk »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - 12 hours ago

20 by Rinenka »»
6 minutes ago

» Have you ever come across anime-related fakes?

RobertBobert - 52 minutes ago

5 by RobertBobert »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.