Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 18, 2019 10:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This Mary girl is pretty outgoing.

I'm not sure what this anime is trying to be it has a weird humor style of storytelling. John should also be more on guard if he doesn't want to get attacked.
Oct 18, 2019 11:54 AM
Sep 2015
I only read a few Sherlock story more than 10 years ago, and coincidentally this episode is one of those story. Of course, in British context it's ginger hair instead of mole, and nice modernized adaptation change from bank to pawn shop, bank nowadays is much safer than when Sherlock was written.
Oct 18, 2019 11:58 AM

May 2018
This show's depiction of lgbt people is yikes.
Oct 18, 2019 12:03 PM

Mar 2018
Mary's.. sister huh.. whatever happened to John at the end there. F

James is still a bit of a mystery.
I think it would be more enjoyable if I actually read some Sherlock but I have not a singke clue
It's kind of comedy x mystery with a very weird setting. I don't dislike it but guess I won't get 'the real experience' here

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Oct 18, 2019 12:09 PM

Aug 2013
Well, that was a... unique OP.

So that kid is James Moriarty.

Oct 18, 2019 12:12 PM

Nov 2011
I like this anime. The cases are pretty predictable but it's still a fun show to watch so far.

Those two sisters though lol.

Im looking forward to the development between Watson, Sherlock, and other detectives throughout the series.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 18, 2019 12:44 PM
May 2017
Wait. so that kid is Moriatry??!! Anyone who knows anything about Sherlock Holmes knows what that means. Not spoiling it for those who don't know.
Oct 18, 2019 12:45 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The most ridiculous version of Sherlock Holmes ever.
OP is weird, wtf ? Sherlock looks more like a homeless than a detective.
Oct 18, 2019 12:51 PM
Mar 2019
That was a unique OP I must say lol.... The episode was great... Time went by in a flash while watching.... Tbh this might become the overlooked anime of the season... So far it has been wonderful!!
5/5
FanBoii
Oct 18, 2019 1:00 PM

Sep 2018
This plot twist at the end of the first episode was clever, because now Watson could get close to Sherlock, and not make it a plot convenience.
Jolyne Kuujou + Steel Ball Run Universe = Billie Eillish
Oct 18, 2019 1:07 PM

Feb 2017
I had fun with this episode too. I enjoy the wackiness of it. I also really dig the opening and ending. OP is very stylish, weird and I really dig the jazz.

From these two episodes I assume the cases will be mostly comedic in the beginning that will be used to introduce and flash out the cast a bit, as well as to get us familiar with the setting. Then when Watson's case starts it will switch to serious arc.
Oct 18, 2019 2:40 PM

May 2019
I have been enjoying this anime so far. It's different, it's wacky, but it's quite fun to watch.

I really loved the opening. Fits the aura of the show really well.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Oct 18, 2019 2:57 PM

Apr 2012
The pacing of the case was just perfect. Quite refreshing opening and ending themes too.

James' introduction was weird but at least he's not Milky Holmes' Moriarty.
Oct 18, 2019 3:04 PM

May 2018
Raging-Man said:

Yep, and you can say that again.
Oct 18, 2019 3:37 PM

Jan 2017
This week case was so not so hard to solve, one you saw the concrete on the part-time girl everything was clear.

I hope that they will soon stop that "weekly mystery to solve" episodic approach because it will be boarding AF in few episodes/weeks.

Also F for Watson.
Oct 18, 2019 3:49 PM
Apr 2013
Like last weeks new rendition of 'A study in Scarlet', this time we have another classic. 'The red-headed league', one of the most famous of all Sherlock Holmes stories. It is a bit sad, that we don't get new stories, strictly speaking, but these modern adaptions are fun, too, especially when you see all those easter eggs and their implications, like Mary.
Oct 18, 2019 4:14 PM

Sep 2011
Sherlock's rakugo is really cool, and fortunately it seems to be a recurring thing. Poor Watson though, he got the short end of the stick. But at least James seems to be his ally, and he helped him to help Sherlock. I hope Fujiko's dreams come true too. It was cruel to toy with her like that, let alone to open a hole in her shop. lol
Oct 18, 2019 4:57 PM

Oct 2015
This show's got some style. I love it. I hope we get to see the other detective's perspective soon as well
Oct 18, 2019 5:36 PM

Sep 2017
The wackiness continues. Such a wild cast of characters. I'm surprised to hear these stories are actually based on the original Sherlock Holmes material. I've never once read/watched anything Sherlock before, but it's cool to know.

The OP was pretty unique. I quite liked it.
Oct 18, 2019 8:43 PM

Oct 2015
The last bar scene was hilarious, poor Watson for getting cornered like that! Mary is a naughty one, she didn't even intervene.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 18, 2019 9:32 PM

Oct 2009
This anime does a lot of things: wacky style, somewhat alternative/unrealistic setting, bringing Sherlock into modern times, bringing Sherlock into that alternative world, offering a certain level of caricature/parody of several genres and locations and people - of archetypes, really... It is a weird mixture, really, and it might indeed turn out to be too much for some viewers. But I urge everyone watching: don't take seriously. The anime sure doesn't take itself seriously, after all, and that's where its entertainment lies: that self-awareness of its over-the-top ridiculous shenanigans.
Oct 18, 2019 9:57 PM

Oct 2017
This case was pretty much predictbale and I really hope all the upcoming cases dun turn out to be like this. Also lol John should really be on guard more or he won't survive in this area for long.
Oct 18, 2019 10:55 PM

Aug 2014
Interesting choice to twist the setting but not the mystery. But the characters keep it fresh and competition structure can be interesting. The Irregulars girl was great, and all the detectives have their unique flair as well. Especially like Mary's look.
Sieg Zeon!
Oct 18, 2019 11:34 PM
Jul 2018
The character dynamics are interesting enough to keep me hooked. Looking forward to the next episode.
Oct 19, 2019 1:07 AM

Mar 2010
Ew at the detectives bugging Sherlock. Is Sherlock the only good detective here lol?

This is as wacky as ever
Oct 19, 2019 1:34 AM
Nov 2017
The Ed is not to be slept on, doesn’t really fit with the show so far but I think it’s a good sorta emotional song
Oct 19, 2019 1:50 AM
Sep 2018
I loved the scene where Sherlock puts all his painkiller tablets into his cereal like Jesus Christ this show is wack af!!!!
Oct 19, 2019 2:46 AM

Jan 2017
YouStink said:
The Ed is not to be slept on, doesn’t really fit with the show so far but I think it’s a good sorta emotional song

Post credit scene has an easter egg too

Google it ;-)
Oct 19, 2019 6:26 AM
May 2016
Leo said:

yeahhh I was thinking about who that kid was in last episode . But didn't expect him to be frickin James Moriarty.
Oct 19, 2019 6:39 AM
May 2016
THAT KID IS MORIARTY?!

What? How?! Wha...!

What does this all mean? Is that an alternate universe or is he gonna turn heel later, what the frickety frick?!
Oct 19, 2019 7:11 AM
Sep 2019
phantomfandom said:
I only read a few Sherlock story more than 10 years ago, and coincidentally this episode is one of those story. Of course, in British context it's ginger hair instead of mole, and nice modernized adaptation change from bank to pawn shop, bank nowadays is much safer than when Sherlock was written.

Exactly..the adventure of the red-haried league...

Plus, why waste your time digging a hole to a bank these days...hacking the system is much easier.
Oct 19, 2019 7:12 AM
Sep 2019
Synchronisity said:
YouStink said:

Google it ;-)

Wow...you are good!

Garrideb was the name of the client in another of the Sherlock Holems story..the three Garridebs. Maybe the next episode ...
Keep them comming!
Nigerianotaku40Oct 19, 2019 7:16 AM
Oct 19, 2019 8:01 AM

Mar 2019
Basically Shelock Holmes Main Story But All The Characters Are Weird xdddddd lmao
Wtf with the OP
That case was basic af and there's no need of budget rakugo in the end to explain it
I hope it will improve in the next episodes
Oct 19, 2019 8:03 AM
Jul 2018
janiwolf said:
Wait. so that kid is Moriatry??!! Anyone who knows anything about Sherlock Holmes knows what that means. Not spoiling it for those who don't know.

justuday said:
Leo said:

yeahhh I was thinking about who that kid was in last episode . But didn't expect him to be frickin James Moriarty.

ShyGuyDY said:
THAT KID IS MORIARTY?!

What? How?! Wha...!

What does this all mean? Is that an alternate universe or is he gonna turn heel later, what the frickety frick?!

I know right? xD My reaction as well.

I don't trust him one bit. And fellow SH fans already know why.
removed-userOct 19, 2019 8:07 AM
Oct 19, 2019 9:03 AM

Mar 2016
When the guy at the woman's audition hired her for her mole, I immediately laughed; this is 'The Red-Headed League'!! They actually made that disastrously crazy story even crazier.

Moriarty is acting strange. He is cute, but I know enough about Sherlock Holmes to know he can't be trusted.
Oct 19, 2019 9:16 AM

Aug 2007
Irishchatter said:
I loved the scene where Sherlock puts all his painkiller tablets into his cereal like Jesus Christ this show is wack af!!!!

I agree, so enjoying it!

The canned oranges were added in as well.

Oct 19, 2019 12:04 PM

Mar 2014
yellowheartren said:
This anime does a lot of things: wacky style, somewhat alternative/unrealistic setting, bringing Sherlock into modern times, bringing Sherlock into that alternative world, offering a certain level of caricature/parody of several genres and locations and people - of archetypes, really... It is a weird mixture, really, and it might indeed turn out to be too much for some viewers. But I urge everyone watching: don't take seriously. The anime sure doesn't take itself seriously, after all, and that's where its entertainment lies: that self-awareness of its over-the-top ridiculous shenanigans.

That's why I'm enjoying this anime, I'm not taking it seriously and just having fun, no analyzing or comparing the characters to the original literary ones (though I found it very amusing that Moriarty is Sherlock's friend here knowing how it is in the books, that was hilarious; though who knows if that'll change at some point, it would be interesting). It clearly is meant to be watched like this. Reminds me of Kekkai Sensen in a way.
justtvalerieOct 19, 2019 12:08 PM
Oct 19, 2019 2:22 PM

Mar 2017
I knew it! I knew Mary's 'onii-san' was actually an 'onee-san'! hehe

I've got a feeling that this whole 'Moriarty is Sherlock's friend' thing is going to come crashing down by the end of the series... Moriarty is shady af

I have to say, the op is such an awesome tune!
Oct 19, 2019 2:57 PM

Jan 2017
BarelyCreative said:
janiwolf said:

justuday said:

ShyGuyDY said:
THAT KID IS MORIARTY?!

What? How?! Wha...!

I know right? xD My reaction as well.

I don't trust him one bit. And fellow SH fans already know why.

Moriarty being a teen was already announced haha,

I wonder if the studio has planned a The Final Problem parody or not. Man it will be hella fun pitting adult Sherlock against kid Moriarty xD
Oct 19, 2019 2:59 PM

Jan 2017
Nigerianotaku40 said:
Synchronisity said:

Google it ;-)

Wow...you are good!

Garrideb was the name of the client in another of the Sherlock Holems story..the three Garridebs. Maybe the next episode ...
Keep them comming!

Not me. This was pointed out by a person from kabukicho sherlock subreddit. I haven't finished the entire Casebook series yet so I missed it entirely.
Oct 19, 2019 3:25 PM

Feb 2017
Ugh, unless they do something interesting with Moriarty in the future I see no reason to continue the show.
๐˜ผ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก ๐™™๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ก๐™ก๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™—๐™ค๐™™๐™ฎ
Oct 19, 2019 4:24 PM
Sep 2018
Laena said:
Irishchatter said:

I agree, so enjoying it!

I could see that dish being attempted to be made by Food Wars fans haha
Oct 19, 2019 4:38 PM

Aug 2007
Irishchatter said:
Laena said:

I agree, so enjoying it!

Really? I would almost be afraid to ask them how it'd taste ;)
Oct 19, 2019 4:58 PM
Sep 2018
Laena said:
Irishchatter said:

Really? I would almost be afraid to ask them how it'd taste ;)

Humans can do anything in this world so definitely someone would be able to make Sherlocks dish no problem. I could imagine them using rice krispies with dye as the pills xD
Oct 19, 2019 7:20 PM

Jun 2014
I know it's only 2 episodes in but I hope the "case of the week" thing doesn't last too long. The show could potentially get stale if that's the case.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 19, 2019 8:10 PM

Jul 2019
everything about this show is so weird and i love it. good refresher on sherlock
Oct 19, 2019 11:31 PM
Apr 2018
Raging-Man said:

The point of the show is that all of thew characters are weird. If they were all normal, the show would be a lot more serious and possibly good in its own way, but it wouldn't have the comedy that comes with the eccentric characters. Not only are the LGBT characters weird, but the majority of characters are weird. I mean look at Sherlock himself. The point of the characters being eccentric is due to the environment that they live in. So I don't believe that they are trying to say that the average LGBT person is like the LGBT characters in the show, but more that all of the characters in the show are weird.
Oct 19, 2019 11:39 PM

Dec 2014
there are really some diverse characters in this show... hmmm
Oct 20, 2019 12:01 AM

Nov 2013
thebrentinator24 said:
I know it's only 2 episodes in but I hope the "case of the week" thing doesn't last too long. The show could potentially get stale if that's the case.

But the novel and even the tv series is bunch of collection of short stories. Although yeah 23 minutes is very short length to create a good mystery.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Oct 20, 2019 1:28 AM

Jun 2014
DannyTheDonkey said:
thebrentinator24 said:

But the novel and even the tv series is bunch of collection of short stories. Although yeah 23 minutes is very short length to create a good mystery.

They could take liberties and change things up. But we'll see I guess.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2020

54 by SenChen »»
Apr 14, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2019

59 by naturalbrawler »»
Jan 15, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2019

27 by naturalbrawler »»
Jan 14, 11:39 AM

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

39 by OneFaintingRobin »»
Mar 14, 2023 12:16 PM

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

34 by EratiK »»
Sep 4, 2022 3:58 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.