Forum Settings
Forums

Main Staff of 'Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu' Announced

New
Oct 18, 2019 9:39 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Kadokawa opened an official website for the Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu (Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation) anime series on Friday, revealing the main staff, the first key visual (pictured), and a teaser promotional video. The television anime adapting Rifujin na Magonote's adventure fantasy light novel will premiere in 2020.

Manabu Okamoto (Gamers!, Akame ga Kill! episode director) is directing the anime series at Studio Bind. Kazutaka Sugiyama (The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls design works, Darling in the FranXX animation director) is designing the characters. Egg Firm is credited for production.

Rifujin na Magonote penned the novel on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website between November 2012 and April 2015. Kadokawa began printing the series with illustrations by Sirotaka through its MF Books label in January 2014. The 22nd volume shipped on July 25.

Yuka Fujikawa launched a manga adaptation in Comic Flapper magazine in May 2014. Kadokawa will publish the 11th volume on October 23.

Teaser PV

Official site: https://mushokutensei.jp/
Official Twitter: @mushokutensei_A

Source: Anime! Anime!
VindstotJun 19, 2020 3:43 AM

Oct 18, 2019 10:48 AM

Jan 2009
i heard this is the best and most popular Isekai out there and also started the Isekai trend

but why MAL says its still publishing though? i thought the Light Novel already ended years ago

and i might check this out since high chance it will be a complete anime adaptation

lol i doubt the animation would be anything near that movie animation quality preview, its just an pre-made animated preview and not part of any actual TV episode im almost sure
Oct 18, 2019 10:53 AM

Jul 2015
It looks like it's 2 cour. I could see things that are from Vol 6.

Oct 18, 2019 11:42 AM

Mar 2012
AdrianRubinsky said:

You think they might adapt all of his childhood arc? If it is 2 cour it cannbe decently paced right up to
Oct 18, 2019 12:06 PM

Dec 2017
boy, the PV looks like a game cutscene, i just hope it will have the same consistency throughout the series. i’ve read this long time ago and i enjoyed it.
Oct 18, 2019 12:07 PM

Jul 2015
-ShadowClaw- said:
AdrianRubinsky said:

You think they might adapt all of his childhood arc? If it is 2 cour it cannbe decently paced right up to
The teaser seems to cover all the childhood arc, and it is impossible to cover all that in 13 eps.

I see a lot of hand drawn monsters (no 3DCG) and fights... maybe we are getting split cours.

Oct 18, 2019 12:26 PM
Oct 2013
deg said:
i heard this is the best and most popular Isekai out there and also started the Isekai trend

but why MAL says its still publishing though? i thought the Light Novel already ended years ago

You're thinking of the Web Novel which is already completed
Oct 18, 2019 12:45 PM
Apr 2016
So soon... I've only read the first LN volume so far.
I hope Seven Seas will translate all volumes that will be adapted before it will air...
Oct 18, 2019 3:20 PM

Dec 2015
JanPri said:
I hope Seven Seas will translate all volumes that will be adapted before it will air...

Just read the web novel, it's the same thing, but without pictures.
Oct 18, 2019 3:21 PM

Dec 2015
All hail the king! (Of isekai)
Oct 18, 2019 4:13 PM

Jan 2015
New studio huh?
This looks SO GOOD. Never got into the LN, but heard so many great things about it. Looking forward to this, expectations are high
Oct 18, 2019 4:35 PM

Aug 2014
WTF WAS THAT PV.................... i was afraid of the animation being poor bc new studio/unsure of director but i am BLOWN AWAY at those scenes.... Mushoku Tensei finally getting the treatment it deserves for kickstarting the isekai boom. best isekai finally gonna get its recognition
Oct 18, 2019 4:58 PM

Dec 2014
This looks fantastic, never even heard of this but I will watch.
Oct 18, 2019 5:41 PM

Dec 2015
Amazing, this was actually what made me into LN world.
It took its whle and it's gonna take even more to see the whole thing but even just a bit it's gonna be finna gucci.
Oct 18, 2019 5:45 PM

Jan 2009
Brometheus said:
deg said:

You're thinking of the Web Novel which is already completed

so are the light novel and web novel of it different in (some parts of the) story?
Oct 18, 2019 7:10 PM

Jun 2017
This looks really good!! Will it follow the life of the character from the birth??
Oct 18, 2019 7:43 PM

Oct 2015
best story = best adaptation treatment

My favorite isekai along with Re:zero. Can't Imagine if it's airing in the same time with Re:zero s2 .
Oct 18, 2019 7:51 PM

Feb 2013
deg said:

and i might check this out since high chance it will be a complete anime adaptation

lol i doubt the animation would be anything near that movie animation quality preview, its just an pre-made animated preview and not part of any actual TV episode im almost sure

The web novel ended, not the light novel. The web novel was on Shosetsuka ni Narou, a site where anyone can put novels and anyone can read for free, so he was an amateur writer until he was picked by a publisher to publish his story in a oficial way as a LN, which is almost ending.
Oct 18, 2019 8:51 PM

Jan 2009
caio_brb said:
deg said:

The web novel ended, not the light novel. The web novel was on Shosetsuka ni Narou, a site where anyone can put novels and anyone can read for free, so he was an amateur writer until he was picked by a publisher to publish his story in a oficial way as a LN, which is almost ending.

are there any big changes between the light novel and web novel then?
Oct 18, 2019 9:59 PM

Feb 2013
deg said:
caio_brb said:

are there any big changes between the light novel and web novel then?

Not big differences. Like the other web novels, it's not major.
Oct 19, 2019 12:39 AM

Dec 2011
JanPri said:

Hahaha! Impossible. Seven Seas plans to release the translation of volume 6 on 7/7/2020. How many volumes do we have so far? 22 volumes.

http://lndb.info/light_novel/Mushoku_Tensei_-Isekai_Ittara_Honki_Dasu-

Well, I do hope that the anime adaptation will make the staff of Seven Seas consider prioritizing its translation.
Oct 19, 2019 1:10 AM
Demon Venerable

Apr 2018
It looks so amazing, I can't wait. I hope this will be success so we will see the whole story adapted.!!!
Oct 19, 2019 1:49 AM
Apr 2016
Harontiar said:
JanPri said:

Hahaha! Impossible. Seven Seas plans to release the translation of volume 6 on 7/7/2020. How many volumes do we have so far? 22 volumes.

http://lndb.info/light_novel/Mushoku_Tensei_-Isekai_Ittara_Honki_Dasu-

Well, I do hope that the anime adaptation will make the staff of Seven Seas consider prioritizing its translation.

True, but the anime may not adapt all 22 volumes. Perhaps it will be adaptation of just the first 5-6 volumes (Not that I could know)
Oct 19, 2019 6:21 AM

Mar 2014
This definitely made my f*cking day.
Oct 20, 2019 12:52 AM
Sep 2018
I was very afraid about how the adaptation would look like... but this looks freaking amazing. If they can keep up this production value throughout the series and do a good job at scripting and implementing the story this might become absolutely awesome. The shield hero got some really nice treatment and it did wonders to it's quality and popularity. And I consider at the very least the first arc of shield hero to be mostly cheap hate bait, sorry. Now imagine that quality with a story like this where each of the characters has more depth and progression than your usual animes whole cast combined.

I really like how much care the visuals of the world have got. I always loved the traveling part of MT with our adventurer trio and it seems that the makers saw the charm that traveling the world YoungIndianaJones-style can have.

Oh and yeah, since I doubt they will get ever beyond the Begarrit continent arc nobody can complain about any harem elements (though they were handled with way more care than in any anime/LN/comic I"ve known).

fanboying over.
Oct 20, 2019 1:33 AM
Oct 22, 2019 1:44 AM

Sep 2017
I didn't really know what to expect seeing this is the studio's first anime and all. And the director also, this is his second project as the series director. But judging from the teaser alone, it looks pretty amazing. If they can keep this quality up, I can see this becoming something to remember.
~ May all the beauty be blessed ~
Oct 22, 2019 2:28 AM

Jul 2015
great pv tbh

too bad it's a harem , i'm not into polygamy stuff
skip
Oct 22, 2019 3:02 AM

Nov 2016
This was a big surprise to me, especially since I read the manga before this announcement. Though I'm only hyped for Roxy (main reason why I picked up the manga, she's a cutie).
Apr 5, 2020 12:49 AM

Aug 2017
LeWind_God said:
This was a big surprise to me, especially since I read the manga before this announcement. Though I'm only hyped for Roxy (main reason why I picked up the manga, she's a cutie).
Lmao the manga. Read the novel duh.

RNG best girl!!!
RNG best waifu!!
RNG is life!Long live RNG!

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

18 by TheSekiryuutei »»
10 seconds ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
59 minutes ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
2 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
6 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.