Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Oct 13, 2019 5:33 PM

Aug 2018
This episode was pretty GREAT, the Opening & Ending are good and recap&filler are good as always love this episode
Hero
Oct 13, 2019 5:56 PM
Case is closed!

Jan 2019
I like the Opening song. As I expected though, it's the first episode of this season, so most of the scenes are kinda explanations for the audience who forgot the story. But, I'm sure, the next episode will be great because MHA is never disappointed me!

Btw, I bought the MHA stickers package on Amazon because I wanted to get my favorite hero's sticker. There are 73 stickers, but my hero (Eraserhead) was only one.. I was sad.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2019 7:09 PM
Mar 2014
Imo this was a good first episode of the season
Oct 13, 2019 7:29 PM
Oct 2019
Let's vote Hate 🀘
Oct 13, 2019 7:40 PM

Jun 2013
joe_g7 said:
Although the recaps at the start of every season are very tiring, and despite this episode being filler, I quite liked it. Good start.
100% agree. Even though this was a filler, I found myself enjoying it. It made me realize how much I miss these characters, and I always love seeing my favs just doing everything things. I don't think we really needed a whole recap student by student of their abilities, however.
MAL Profile (friend me!) | YouTube Vlogs
Oct 13, 2019 7:40 PM

Nov 2016
JizzyHitler said:
For a recap episode, this honestly had a load of heart. Honestly, if it werent for the random clips of past events and telling us who the characters are for the 900th time id not have a hard time believing this were just a normal episode and the reporter guy would return later on.

I'm not going to expect much from this season from all the negative things I've heard from alot of friends of me about this arc or rather that its mostly good but drops the ball in the final stretch and kind of marks the series trending downwards in quality, but I'm at least hoping it will be ok. At least its gonna be lightyears better than a certain other shounen jump series' fourth season that actually trainwrecks.
Either they were exaggerating or they were pissed of by the
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2019 9:07 PM

Aug 2016
Are people really going to complain about it being stuffed? stop obsessing with manga and enjoy anime well ;)
Oct 14, 2019 12:03 AM

Apr 2018
I had a feeling that it'll be filler/recap. I didn't mind it though since it's the first episode. Soft episode~ can't wait for hardcoreeee!
Oct 14, 2019 12:56 AM

Dec 2015
Yeah, it's a filler and recap episode, but not bad.
The reporter is a cool guy, and man... that quirk! I wasn't expecting that!

I like the OP, except the last part with that horrible "ikeeee"

ED is ok.

Oct 14, 2019 3:05 AM

Sep 2011
Afloo said:
JizzyHitler said:
For a recap episode, this honestly had a load of heart. Honestly, if it werent for the random clips of past events and telling us who the characters are for the 900th time id not have a hard time believing this were just a normal episode and the reporter guy would return later on.

I'm not going to expect much from this season from all the negative things I've heard from alot of friends of me about this arc or rather that its mostly good but drops the ball in the final stretch and kind of marks the series trending downwards in quality, but I'm at least hoping it will be ok. At least its gonna be lightyears better than a certain other shounen jump series' fourth season that actually trainwrecks.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 14, 2019 4:45 AM
Sep 2019
For a recap episode that was actually quite entertaining
Oct 14, 2019 6:10 AM
Jul 2018
As someone who is constantly watching and reading other things it is sometimes difficult for me to remember everything when a new season of a show I do follow comes out. Recaps are a good thing and I don't consider them "filler". I've already forgotten the op and ed other than op is Blue Encount which I tend to like. I'll have to hear/see them more before I make a final judgement but bnha ops almost always become bangers to me. Can I just say camera guy could have done something really awful with a quirk like that? It was nice that he wanted to know All Might successor for personal reasons and not to just throw it in some tabloid magazine to make a buck.
Oct 14, 2019 7:01 AM

May 2016
FMmatron said:
AlphaOmegaKnight said:

Mha fanboys need to chill

Did someone offend you? Don't worry, I will take care of that.

Does anyone else think MHA Season 4 is just another generic shonen? Foreneverworld and Chibireviews both act like manchildren imo and need to relax

Oct 14, 2019 7:12 AM

May 2016
Every MHA Fanboy:

Season 1 was shit

It get's better and better

Season 4 is where the real plot takes place

Oct 14, 2019 7:24 AM

Nov 2016
JizzyHitler said:
Afloo said:
Oct 14, 2019 7:33 AM

Oct 2018
When i heard that this episode was a recap, i felt that the studio has done very wrong about choosing this episode to be the recap episode. But the recap episode was necessary as this anime had three seasons before this one.

On the bright side - There's a very low chance of getting another recap episode in this season as the recap episode is already done.

The recap episode wasn't as bad as the recap episodes of other anime. on the other hand, it was really good considering that it was a recap episode. The animation was a bit dull at the starting 2-3 minutes but it got improved at an incredible rate after that.

I don't think that the studious has done something wrong. It were the people's fault to think that the 4th season would start off with a fight. This episode was better than what i expected it to be. I don't know how other people feel about it but the Bones know what they are doing and its not the place of people to say that the anime starts off really bad. There is a reason why Bones is considered to be one of the best studious.

In short, This episode was not as bad as people say it is. and the 4th season is off to a great start.
Tokyo ghoul's 1st ,2nd ,3rd and 4th season were a big mistake of Pierrot!!!!!
Oct 14, 2019 7:37 AM

Sep 2011
Afloo said:
JizzyHitler said:

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 14, 2019 8:04 AM
Mar 2015
Glad the reporter chose not to reveal his scoop
Oct 14, 2019 12:58 PM
Jan 2017
Not a big fan of the opening
The song is good but the visuals leave me wanting more, generic shots of 1-A who will do fuck all this season, All might running in his outfit (why??) we got the idea they were walking in different directions and moving apart we don’t need an extended running sequence, random shots of fights that will happen which is expected, I would have liked more focus on Overhaul, Kirishima, Mirio and Nighteye instead of Bakugo and All might who in the grand scheme of things won’t do much if anything
I liked the shot of Eri falling in the sky since it symbolised this arc but that was it really
Oct 14, 2019 2:11 PM
Jan 2017
Also why was All Might wearing his golden age outfit, he shouldn’t have been wearing that 18 years ago, he should have been wearing his modern one, that one he wore during his Japanese debut, meaning he wore the one with the cape while in the US, so why switch back to save some guys from a fire him having shared featured before the AFO fight is fine since it’s just a look and a artistic choice but this doesn’t make sense, I know it’s filler but come on
Oct 14, 2019 4:45 PM

Jan 2010
I was not at all pleased with the filler nature of this episode. I felt that the reporter figuring it out so easily and forced makes the fact the rest of the universe hasn't feels so unreasonable. So enough about the filler detracting from the ongoing narrative the OP is a far cry from previously hype BnHA OP's and was very much a letdown. The ED is a bit better but not to the standard that has been set. A pretty forgettable first episode of the 4th season.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

Oct 14, 2019 9:10 PM

Jul 2011
Come on guys. This anime is now in its 4th season. Not everyone watches this on Funimation, Crunchyroll, your favorite pirate sites. Some people watches this ON TV IN JAPAN (and elsewhere too, this show also aired before on Toonami right?) and it's probably the only way for them to watch it. Therefore the recap is necessary. And this recap is good, not just a bunch of scenes that we already saw before and just pasted with each other to complete the 23 minutes required. They made an effort to show a story (about the reporter). I think it was done quite well.
Oct 15, 2019 1:43 AM
May 2019
I hate recap/filler episodes this one is no exception.
If you need a recap then you probably haven't payed attention and should rewatch series instead and if you're new to MHA you should start from S1 not S4 just saying.
But at least OP/ED are nice.
Oct 15, 2019 12:16 PM

May 2016
There was a lump in my throat through out most of the episode, MHA a show that I really missed. 5/5
Oct 15, 2019 1:03 PM
Sep 2019
I don't know how to feel about this episode, it mostly consisted of recaps. I didn't even want to watch this at first but here I am now. Let's see what the rest of the season has to offer.
Oct 15, 2019 1:24 PM

May 2018
AlphaOmegaKnight said:
Every MHA Fanboy:

Season 1 was shit

but season 1 was awesome though! :c nooo

β–Ί"The deeper the darkness the more dazzling the light shines." β—„
β–Ί"As you live you lose reasons and hope. But as you keep on going, you pick up new reasons and hope."β—„
β–Ί"If I don’t stand up here… If I don’t reach higher here… When am I ever going to do it?"β—„
Oct 15, 2019 1:43 PM
Mar 2013
Xstasy said:
If you need a recap then you probably haven't payed attention and should rewatch series instead and if you're new to MHA you should start from S1 not S4 just saying.

... yes go on and re watch 30+ hours rather then have them have one episode explain everything. Super reasonable request, vs you know you people who know everything could just skip this one episode and start next week.

regardless was far from the worst recap, in fact might be one of the better recaps because its more of a filler. Its just EH, throwaway that you can skip if you know your stuff.
Oct 15, 2019 2:07 PM
May 2019
dejet said:
Xstasy said:

... yes go on and re watch 30+ hours rather then have them have one episode explain everything. Super reasonable request, vs you know you people who know everything could just skip this one episode and start next week.

regardless was far from the worst recap, in fact might be one of the better recaps because its more of a filler. Its just EH, throwaway that you can skip if you know your stuff.

If you need to be reminded of what happened, you were never paying attention to begin with.
And if you so much need to be reminded you don't need recaps because there are wikis with episode summaries.
So either way they are unnecessary and obsolete especially when you consider that people have the internet and are no longer restricted to cable or network television.
Besides you can't condense 30+ hours worth of content in a single episode anyway.
Oct 15, 2019 2:30 PM
Mar 2013
Xstasy said:
dejet said:

If you need to be reminded of what happened, you were never paying attention to begin with.
And if you so much need to be reminded you don't need recaps because there are wikis with episode summaries.
So either way they are unnecessary and obsolete especially when you consider that people have the internet and are no longer restricted to cable or network television.
Besides you can't condense 30+ hours worth of content in a single episode anyway.

your right, should petition them to make 2~4 episodes recaps!

Not many people are hardcore into the show, there are a lot of casual people who watch it. This is a nice episode to bring people up speed.... you are in the minority being someone who reads up on wikis or re watchers a show.

Iv been reading the manga, not going to lie it did a decent job telling me where they left off so I could remember what has not been said yet.
Oct 15, 2019 2:32 PM
Jul 2014
JizzyHitler said:

You've been doomposting since before this season started so this act of yours isn't working. Truth be told this arc is well liked among the fandom the problem is that the people who hate it make up a very loud minority and this has been the thing that's been happening since the series reached mainstream status where you attract people who got caught up by the hype and just read the series in order to prove its not as good as people say.Stop being a tool and make your own opinion.

Oct 15, 2019 2:40 PM
Jul 2014
JizzyHitler said:
Afloo said:

Oct 15, 2019 2:42 PM
May 2019
dejet said:
Xstasy said:

Not many people are hardcore into the show, there are a lot of casual people who watch it. This is a nice episode to bring people up speed.... you are in the minority being someone who reads up on wikis or re watchers a show.

Iv been reading the manga, not going to lie it did a decent job telling me where they left off so I could remember what has not been said yet.

4 recap episodes you're cruel lol.
It would be better if they made recap movies instead for those that need them and kept main series recap free.
Then nobody would complain.
Oct 15, 2019 3:07 PM

May 2010
So a recap ep huh, probably shouldn't be surprised. And I'm not even mad about it, seems I forgotten most of characters, their names and quirks xD So I will let it slide this time.

I guess I really did miss these freaks, hoping for another enjoyable ride with them :3 Not a fan of new opening, it sounds like Typical-shounen-opening-x, nothing new or particularly fun about it, meh.
Digging the ending though, both song AND the visuals. I'm already intrigued by this new character and her backstory, seems like new arc'll be largely focused on her? We'll see. Looking forward to finding out :3
Oct 15, 2019 3:22 PM

Sep 2011
Devil_Food said:
JizzyHitler said:

You've been doomposting since before this season started so this act of yours isn't working. Truth be told this arc is well liked among the fandom the problem is that the people who hate it make up a very loud minority and this has been the thing that's been happening since the series reached mainstream status where you attract people who got caught up by the hype and just read the series in order to prove its not as good as people say.Stop being a tool and make your own opinion.

So by saying im setting expectations low and hoping its still fun despite some negative things ive heard I'm being a tool and not forming my own opinion. Cut the crap and just say what you actually mean, you want people to only say good things about the series. I've mentioned not looking foreword to this arc and the stuff past that, like three times including this one and you somehow have taken that to heart for some bizzare fucking reason and think im trying to convince everyone somehow by writing a few hundred words of text over the course of a year.

Go look at how Afloo replied and see how a rational person handles a conversation, cause he sure as fuck has made me look foreword to things more than you sperging out.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Oct 15, 2019 3:43 PM

Aug 2017
This filler/recap episode was much better than the first episode of season 3 :V

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 15, 2019 3:47 PM
Jul 2014
JizzyHitler said:
Devil_Food said:

So by saying im setting expectations low and hoping its still fun despite some negative things ive heard I'm being a tool and not forming my own opinion.

Because you've been saying the same shit for months now, if you dont want to watch dont watch its that simple but acting as if your colleagues word ate thr word of the fandom is stupid.

Cut the crap and just say what you actually mean, you want people to only say good things about the series.

Me pointing out that your misgivings are unfounded upon and that you should wait for the season to actually start than listing to people is not asking you to say only good things about it.
Oct 15, 2019 4:54 PM

Mar 2014
Reporter stole that selfie like I think we all would if we could lol
Oct 15, 2019 6:52 PM
Mar 2018
that was a ugly first episode but whatever
Oct 15, 2019 7:13 PM

Jan 2013
What a great almost filler episode! Damn! What a start. Loved this episode.
Gotta love that journalist.

Plus Ultra!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 16, 2019 3:15 AM
Mar 2013
Xstasy said:
dejet said:

4 recap episodes you're cruel lol.
It would be better if they made recap movies instead for those that need them and kept main series recap free.
Then nobody would complain.

I'd be ok with that maybe make it an hour long ova mini movie. Not a bad middle ground and keeps it cheaper.
Oct 16, 2019 10:13 AM

May 2016
πŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘Ž This season is shit and 2019 has some of the worst animes ever.

People just hype them up for the animation for the story and nothing else.

Promised Neverland is one example
Oct 16, 2019 10:15 AM

May 2016
xSayumi said:
AlphaOmegaKnight said:
Every MHA Fanboy:

Season 1 was shit

From what i've heard. Season 1 didin't get the fans hyped and woken like Demon Slayer did. So, 2016 was just a total waste of anime and so is 2019
Oct 16, 2019 10:52 AM
Jul 2018
It was wholesome, stop whining nerds
Oct 16, 2019 12:02 PM
Apr 2019
All-Might is cuter than Uraraka.
Oct 16, 2019 3:34 PM

May 2018
AlphaOmegaKnight said:
xSayumi said:

From what i've heard. Season 1 didin't get the fans hyped and woken like Demon Slayer did. So, 2016 was just a total waste of anime and so is 2019

I didn't speak for all fans. I loved it. That's all. ^-^

β–Ί"As you live you lose reasons and hope. But as you keep on going, you pick up new reasons and hope."β—„
β–Ί"If I don’t stand up here… If I don’t reach higher here… When am I ever going to do it?"β—„
Oct 17, 2019 1:22 AM

May 2016
xSayumi said:
AlphaOmegaKnight said:

Btw, did ya hear? MHA fans once again attacked creator due to recap.

ForneverWorld posted a vidoe on that.
Oct 17, 2019 6:13 AM
Jun 2014
i seriously hate ochako! I cant wait for Overhaul to appear! he is one of my favorite characters! I loved this arc tho hated the ending and many new characters like the big 3 and eri.
Oct 17, 2019 2:43 PM

May 2018
AlphaOmegaKnight said:
xSayumi said:

Btw, did ya hear? MHA fans once again attacked creator due to recap.

ForneverWorld posted a vidoe on that.

wtf ?? are they stupid ? ok then... meanwhile I am sitting here hyped af even though it was a recap.

Oct 17, 2019 5:57 PM

Mar 2018
By the 4th season it'd be nice if some manga readers realized that anime onlys don't give a single shit about what they think of the upcoming events and that if they have praises or issues, wait for the god damn anime to reach those points.
Oct 18, 2019 7:03 AM

Jan 2015
Pretty good episode, I enjoyed it
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

465 by YeaGERIST01 »»
Apr 23, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

158 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

233 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

225 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

128 by WolfWood37 »»
Mar 31, 9:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.