Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2009 7:45 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
well that was interesting i guess
Sep 3, 2009 12:09 AM

Mar 2009
I can't help but feel that it's a bit much to send people to Hell over these types of things. Another way would have been to expose the teacher in the middle of her confession. She obviously didn't want to go to hell and had the patience to withstand for 9 years. Get her fired, prove the girl innocent, and everyones happy = )
"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it." Oogway
Sep 25, 2009 8:35 PM

Aug 2009
Well, it was like season 1. You send somene to hell just because that someone did "bad" things to you.
It's not even that bad, it's just logical thinking.

But anyways, that teacher was going to hell anyways, she signed a contract with Enma 9 years ago.
Her plan about bringing one student with her to hell too failed though. :D
Jan 12, 2010 2:50 PM

Nov 2009
wow i think she kinda deserved 2 go 2 hell cuz she was useing her students... eh but still... its sooo confusing... *mixed emotions...*
Mar 19, 2010 12:27 PM

Mar 2010
eh, i don't know, her reasoning stands when you think about all the other teacher did to her in the past. she deserved to go to hell for ruining her.

Moonfrost said:
But anyways, that teacher was going to hell anyways, she signed a contract with Enma 9 years ago.

she didn't make that contract. she wanted to, but she didn't want to go to hell. why do you think the other teacher was still around to make a contract of her own?
Mar 30, 2010 7:18 PM
Sep 2009
Haha, that was awesome. I nearly fell out of my chair when she looked down at the person at the console and it was Ai. 8D
Just my two cents.
Jan 26, 2011 11:25 PM

Dec 2008
"It's my repentance for creating a teacher like you."

DAMN. Just... damn.

I liked how the tables turned there. :D
Feb 14, 2011 6:32 AM

Oct 2009
Well this was a nice change i guess, still these people are depending on Jigoku Shoujo way too much...
Feb 19, 2011 3:57 AM

Oct 2008
Nice. :)
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 3, 2011 5:26 AM
Jun 2011
lol. I guess she ended up in hell eitherway. xD
Aug 16, 2011 10:00 AM

Aug 2009
Darn. For a second there I thought they would be able to resolve their grievances without resorting to Hell Girl sending someone to hell.
Feb 26, 2012 5:37 AM

Jun 2011
I liked how they mixed things up here. It wasn't just an "I hate this person, so I'll send him to hell!" kind of thing.
Mar 11, 2012 8:27 AM
Jul 2009
Meh, there's always other solutions than sending someone to hell. The atmosphere is getting better, yet the reasons for hatred in every episode are kind of lame.

I liked Baba.. I wish all teachers were like that. Strict and disciplined, yet obviously having a heart.
Nowadays, at least where I live, teachers try to act like their teen students.
Mar 28, 2012 8:14 AM

Jan 2010
Baba Shouko is amazing!
Apr 18, 2012 6:46 PM

Jul 2011
kikuri was funny in this episode i loved when ai told her to stop and she was like "i cant"
and ai said "you cant" for some reason that was extremley funny
Aug 8, 2012 6:01 PM

May 2012
Great episode but the teacher who made that was really a bad person and even though Ms. Baba is harsh she meant it for the best of the students!

Kikuri was just to funny in this episode, luckily not as scary as previous episodes :p
Aug 18, 2012 3:10 PM

Jun 2011
Very interesting episode, it's crazy for how twisted some people are. I like how the episodes are starting to show different kinds of situations, way out of the 'usual'
Can't wait to see what else they come up with ^^
Sep 16, 2012 2:43 PM

Apr 2011
DannySEN said:
Well this was a nice change i guess, still these people are depending on Jigoku Shoujo way too much...
These people? There are millions of people, who are doing the same thing w/o Jigoku Shoujo.

Regarding the episode, I like it. I did not notice the time skip, but it all make sense and I was turn away because Baba sensei looks gross, but she change that at the end w/ her dialogue. What a strong woman, not any people have that type of resolve and she still ask for lessen suffering for her ex-student.
Sep 16, 2012 2:43 PM

Apr 2011
DannySEN said:
These people? There are millions of people, who are doing the same thing w/o Jigoku Shoujo.

Regarding the episode, I like it. I did not notice the time skip, but it all make sense and I was turn away because Baba sensei looks gross, but she change that at the end w/ her dialogue. What a strong woman, not any people have that type of resolve and she still ask for lessen suffering for her ex-student.
Sep 23, 2012 5:15 PM
Sep 2009
vansonbee said:
DannySEN said:

People are always going to make these kind of horrible decisions. I have begun to look at this whole vengeance process as "soul farming" for hell.

I can actually get behind Baba sensei a little. She would do anything, ANYTHING to enforce her opinion on bringing up students properly.

Being a teacher is an important job for future generations. Very important. (Parenting is #1 though xD)
Nov 30, 2012 1:53 PM

Jan 2012
sent to hell for being a bad teacher........ really??
Feb 28, 2013 6:49 PM

Oct 2012
It changed the pace two episodes faster than the first season always a good thing. That was a really interesting story and i love the irony of her still going to hell despite all her plans of getting revenge without pulling the string.
Mar 28, 2013 1:21 PM

Aug 2008
Manipulating other people to send her teacher to hell without getting her own hands dirty is just all kinds of low. :/
Jul 11, 2013 9:51 PM

May 2010
Man, every single episode seems to have the same comment section...
“Money can't buy dere”
Aug 28, 2013 9:35 AM

Sep 2012
in the end new teacher who was student of Baba say'd that she understands her that is was wisp of love, & i say to it

wisp of love my ass, wisp of love creates monster's, wisp of love gives birth to evil!!! so i condemn wisp of love!!!

Teacher like Baba are cause why some young people quit school

Baba-Sensei is old-fashioned bitch with good heart, the other teacher was bigger bitch, just saying that time of teachers like Baba is over, old-fashioned teachers have no place as a teacher anymore, students have their right to, right to go to school with the hair style's they like

but i wouln't try send baba to hell, thats bit extreame
Sugram22Jun 15, 2019 5:13 AM
Sep 30, 2013 7:04 PM

Jun 2012
well that was unexpected a little bit i knew it was the teacher but didn't expect it to end up like this. i cant say baba had the right to sent her to hell but at least she seemed to accept the consequences and have a bit of justice in her.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Oct 4, 2013 11:14 AM

Aug 2013
I like how the second season is quite different from the first. These episodes are less predictable and more versatile! :D
Also, Baba sensei was really cool at the end (─‿‿─)
May 16, 2014 4:40 PM

Jul 2012
I felt bad for the teacher who was sent to hell baba should of just proven that it was her and that was that.....she's the reason why the teacher ended up the way she was
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Oct 11, 2014 12:38 AM

Nov 2013
Wow that young teacher was fucking dirty. Luring children to do her own biding by trying make them kill a teacher she hated when she was a child.

I don't agree with what Shoko did. Sending her to hell was a WAY too overkill even if it meant paying for her sins.

Oct 11, 2014 12:41 AM

Nov 2013
Animefreak17a said:
I felt bad for the teacher who was sent to hell baba should of just proven that it was her and that was that.....she's the reason why the teacher ended up the way she was
Agree. She should have tried to expose the teacher's wrongdoings rather than sending herself and the teacher to hell.

Sep 18, 2015 12:44 AM

Aug 2010
Yes, a different episode! It really is like finding that needle in the haystack. That's one awesome teacher, going to hell just to make sure the students wouldn't have to put up with such a despicable failure of a human being.
Sep 24, 2015 9:24 AM

Aug 2014
This was an oddly satisfying episode.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Nov 12, 2015 4:15 PM

Jan 2014
Yup..this episode was different..
Nov 24, 2015 3:32 AM

Jun 2015
when she was crying that please don't send me to hell ...didn't she should consider it instead of saying at the end that please be gentle with her.....afterall she was her student ,she should have learned..........SERIOUSLY........is the director out of topics.....I miss the old season as it was awesome.
Dec 13, 2015 4:53 AM

Jan 2012
randompadley said:
sent to hell for being a bad teacher........ really??

Aug 7, 2016 7:17 PM

Jan 2008
So Ai said in the last episode "she's not a bringing of justice" or whatever but then she *and the others) get in the way of what the teacher women was doing? Yeah, it was bad but still I don't think they should have intervened. It kind of goes against what they say.
Jun 9, 2017 4:00 AM

May 2015
Meh... one of the worst episodes.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 1, 2017 8:08 AM
Sep 2014
Rojo said:
So Ai said in the last episode "she's not a bringing of justice" or whatever but then she *and the others) get in the way of what the teacher women was doing? Yeah, it was bad but still I don't think they should have intervened. It kind of goes against what they say.

She didn't intervene to bring justice.
Curses come home to roost. That's the rule. You don't get to outmaneuver it, or trick others into cursing who you want to curse. It doesn't work that way. You want someone sent to hell? Then you better pay the price, too.

I also don't think Baba Shoko sent the teacher to hell for being "a bad teacher."
She did it because the teacher was willing to sacrifice one of her students to eternal agony just so she could punish someone without having to live with the consequences. From her point of view, sure, she could've just exposed her. But the teacher would've continued doing what she'd been doing. Making her life hell, spreading rumors and lies, and most importantly: manipulating someone else into cursing Baba Shoko.
Which would've lead us to exactly the situation so many people so often complain about: where someone laments on why they didn't just curse that person right when they could.

Baba Shoko did. Before the teacher managed to tricked someone else into sacrificing themselves just so she gets her vengeance without consequence, Baba Shoko ended it right then and there, even if it meant she'd have to sacrifice herself.
Sep 29, 2017 7:30 AM
Aug 2016
Rojo said:
They are just making sure the person who click hell link is the correct person, not just being manipulated.
Jan 6, 2018 10:23 AM

Oct 2015
The short Ai/Kikuri interactions are the highlights of the episodes :P
Jun 7, 2019 1:23 AM

Jun 2017
Oh, how the tables have turned for that teacher, trying to make her student send Baba to hell whilst keeping her hands clean didn't work out so well after all. Oh well, it's also good to see Ai wearing another uniform, cute.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jun 15, 2019 5:01 AM

Sep 2012
Moonfrost said:
Well, it was like season 1. You send somene to hell just because that someone did "bad" things to you.
It's not even that bad, it's just logical thinking.

until she pulls the string there is no contract and no1 goes to hell (so the past thing doesn't matter) it was explaibed in s1, what ai meant was cause she used som1 else to do it she would have ended up there anyway

Jan 29, 2021 9:34 AM

Mar 2019
And then high school is even worse. Nice episode.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Nov 12, 2022 4:28 PM
Dec 2017
eh this episode was aighty i guess

Dec 28, 2022 11:59 AM
Feb 2020
This episode was really deep
Mar 30, 2023 2:44 PM

Sep 2017
This episode felt very fast paced for some reason. It's been bugging me for some time now, but how did the glasses guy(from the yakuza episode) know Ai's name as soon as he saw her?
Moonfrost said:
She wasn't. It was shown that once she learnt that she'd also have to go to hell she abstained from pulling the thread.
خ
Oct 24, 2023 3:14 PM

Dec 2017
This felt like a very unique episode, the twist was cool and Baba Shouko is a good character. She seems like the type of teacher you'd meet in real life.

"This is my punishment for creating a teacher like you" was such a metal line.

I don't particularly care for the "this isn't enough to justify sending someone to hell!" debate, in this logic you'd end up saying the same about a majority of the other episodes.
Not to mention you might be underestimating how petty and resentful real people can be, too. Some people out there commit the worst crimes over very minor reasons, so I don't think the show is too unrealistic in this aspect.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 30, 2008

64 by nrrc102 »»
Dec 4, 2023 12:21 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

so_addictive - Apr 22, 2008

85 by bunniboiz »»
Oct 26, 2023 10:23 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MEGATRON - Jul 23, 2008

63 by bunniboiz »»
Oct 25, 2023 8:08 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Antarael - Nov 13, 2008

61 by bunniboiz »»
Oct 24, 2023 2:46 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 18 Discussion

aero - Jul 30, 2008

39 by Dawizz »»
Jul 23, 2023 12:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.