Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 23, 2019 7:23 PM

Oct 2013
firegold33 said:
That CGI scorpion ... Disgusting. The first minutes of the episode was disappointing but the rest of the interactions between Yue and our MC was nice and funny. I wonder what's behind that door.

Agreed, but fighting sequence itself was not that bad. The problem is it's hard to see whether it was good or bad because of that terrible looking CGI giant scorpion or whatever it was.
Jul 23, 2019 8:32 PM
Sep 2016
HueyLion said:
This anime has been quite trash compare to the expectations it had at the start.

Also no, even if the LN or heck manga is suppose to be better, if its anything like what the anime is showing I'll will stick with my Overlord and Reincarnated as a Slime both of which are better.

LN is better than the anime, which is expected considering how bad they adapted the Volume 1. Still, Arifureta isnt that great either. Both Slime and Overlord are better.
Jul 23, 2019 8:41 PM

Jan 2013
The cgi wasn't the best, not even close but overall it was a pretty good episode!
I can't wait to find out at what floor he actually is when he will come back xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 24, 2019 2:46 AM
Oct 2017
I mean, the story seems good but the animation is dogshit and the CGI looks like complete garbage.
Jul 24, 2019 5:29 AM

May 2009
mattao313 said:
this was the best episode of the 3 yet it still sucked.

Amen.

This anime is so bad that I enjoy watching it; to laugh.
Why the f does this get an adaptation and I still have to wait for a Skip Beat remake.
(yea I know. that doesnt have to do with shit)
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Jul 24, 2019 9:25 AM

Jun 2010
too much cgi... is bad for my health
"A sword is a weapon, Kenjutsu is the
art of killing, Whatever pretty words
you use to speak of it, this is
its true nature."

Otaku always defy common sense.

nferocious76

Jul 24, 2019 10:08 AM
Jun 2017
Hajime and Yue remind me of Vikram and Betaal.
Jul 24, 2019 10:55 AM

Aug 2018
other than the scorpion cgi, the episode was decent but still not impressed.
Jul 24, 2019 11:19 AM
Sep 2015
So far this is Sword Art Online levels of bad.

Also this pedo shit is really disgusting.
Dumb-DumbJul 24, 2019 11:27 AM
I dislike coomers.
Jul 24, 2019 12:30 PM
Oct 2016
I don't understand all this bitching about the "bad CGI" and "bad animation." So far it looks like it's gonna be a pretty good anime and it's one of the shows I look forward to most this season. The vibe and chemistry between the characters is great and the MC has already evolved from a weak little vanilla MC to a badass OP MC. What more could you want? It's not like this is gonna be the best show ever, but I don't think any isekais these days are really trying to be. At the end of the day, all the average viewer wants out of an anime is an emotional connection with it's characters and a decent story to be drawn into. There are obviously other factors like voice acting, visuals, and music that can help make or break a show, but Arifureta has checked all the boxes as far as I'm concerned. I hope everyone can stop over analyzing and enjoy this anime as much as I've been able to so far. Good luck and success with all that you do. Peace.
Jul 24, 2019 8:42 PM

Mar 2019
The CGI really doesn't bother me, people seem so damn fussy about every thing. I think this was the best episode so far and I think it's improving. Lol that scene where she just kept biting him was hilarious.
Jul 24, 2019 10:42 PM
Feb 2019
you know, this really isn't half bad if you watch it while not paying much attention.

just eat your dinner or something and occasionally look at the screen and see some big monster die or something.
Jul 25, 2019 12:46 AM
Jul 2019
Why does this anime is getting from bad to worse in many aspect I hope they could fix it though
Jul 25, 2019 12:46 AM
Jul 2019
Why does this anime is getting from bad to worse in many aspect I hope they could fix it though
Jul 25, 2019 12:55 AM

Oct 2008
Terrible overuse of CG!
it was meh...
3/5.

Jul 25, 2019 6:48 AM
Jul 2014
FaaipDeOiad said:
So far this is Sword Art Online levels of bad.

Also this pedo shit is really disgusting.

Yes i know 300+ vampire molesting 16 yo boy. We must report it immediately.
Jul 25, 2019 8:04 AM
Aug 2014
Episode 1 was a mix of bad and funny, but from then on I like it. Like there was a bunch of exposition you had to get through before the actual show started.

Good characters so far, which is the lifeblood of any good story.
Jul 25, 2019 8:43 AM

Jul 2015
The adventures of Accelerator and his thirsty loli vampire were fun to follow, I'm liking this dude quite a good amount and I'm starting to think that this is the factor that makes me like some isekai works, although I'm definitely being cautious because at this point I also was liking Slime and Shield Hero and... yeah, both ended up being a torture to me (I need to learn to drop popular stuff).

Overlord S3 made a cameo here with awful CGI scorpion that made my eyes bleed, but tbh I liked the fight outside of that.

Parasitic plant was spooky, seeing Hajime shot at that monster while controlled Yue was between both was too good, she gave the classic "shoot, don't worry about me! (But you won't to avoid hurting me, right?)" and that fucker didn't even hesitate, her reaction in angery was cute.

Floor 100 and evil cliffhanger for next episode, let's see what is there.
Jul 25, 2019 10:43 AM
Apr 2013
Oh my, I'm kinda surprised. I mean, that abomination of CGIness aside, this anime became somewhat enjoyable to watch. Sure, it will never be the highlight, but it made me chuckle a few times and even allowed me to somewhat sympathize with the characters. The MC is as badly written as ever, but at this point I don't really care that much about it anymore.
Jul 25, 2019 11:35 AM

Jul 2019
I think it's the best episode so far, but it was bad either. Hope to see at least a slight improvement in the next episodes, unless I'm gonna drop it without hesitation.

Reach for the
Stars☆

Jul 25, 2019 3:32 PM
Mar 2019
this show is actually trash. i'd drop it, but i want to finish what i started. i'll try to take it as a joke or sth. but this cgi...
Jul 25, 2019 3:39 PM
Mar 2017
The episode was quite entertaining, focusing on how the relationship between Yue and Hajime progresses now that they are fellow travelers.

At least Hajime and Yue's teamwork is good, they both gave their best effort to defeat that scorpion monster.
I laughed a lot about how Yue transformed Hajime into her source of food, she drinking the boy's blood casually, while he made every effort to move forward.
Another detail that stood out a bit was the origin of the maze that Yue tells Hajime, which is well received information and that I assume will be relevant in future episodes.
This episode highlighted Yue a lot and as she slowly gets used to her savior, besides that Yue puts on too funny faces.
Hajime put a good use on the body of the scorpion, its strong shell resulted in material to create that rifle, which I hope Hajime will put to good use soon.

Tender detail of how Yue was moved to hear the story of Hajime, both must stay together to be happy, I hope in the end Hajime stays in that world with the girls (the priestess girl, the rabbit girl and the girl with black yukata .

Anyway, the episode was good as for the development of Yue and Hajime, the CGI of the scorpion is another separate issue and ruined the episode a bit (very, very little), but I'm getting used to these monsters in CGI.
If im honest Yue is the reason I keep watching this anime, I want to see how her character is growing, I also want to see that girl with black Yukata who appears in the OP and finally I want to see if Hajime destroys the face of the classmate who betrayed him, oh and I want to see what happens to the girl who suffered so much for the loss of Hajime.
salbery755Jul 25, 2019 3:45 PM
Jul 26, 2019 3:22 AM

Apr 2018
Oh god that cgi was so unbearable, I'm getting Overlord s3 flashbacks
Jul 26, 2019 3:39 AM
Jul 2018
She's an old Loli! 300 years old! She's legal bois
Jul 26, 2019 7:02 AM

Jun 2013
The episodes are getting better, but theres still something just really bad about each one.
Jul 26, 2019 6:27 PM

Oct 2015
i don't know what's up with people complaining about the cgi when in fact it's used on those massive mobs. good luck finding an anime with an average budget that deals with massive mobs like that that don't use cgi lmfao
Jul 26, 2019 8:42 PM
Jun 2019
I'm unsure about my feelings for this series so far. It did catch my interest enough to dive into its manga but seeing how it will only have 13 episodes my hopes are not high. The anime so far is some aspects gives a little bit more than the manga in some areas in others it lacks. I guess that can be said for any adaptation. It does however seem to be adding a far bit more... context to certain things in the story that the manga has yet to divulge. I do hope the anime will at the very least flesh out Hajime's and Yue's romantic relationship more than the manga.
Still not impressed with how CGI has been used in recent anime series that have come out in the past year and i have little hope of its improvement. I just try my best to not let it offend me completely.
Jul 27, 2019 3:49 AM

May 2018
I can get behind this. As long as you have no expectations, you can enjoy this ;)
Jul 27, 2019 12:05 PM

Feb 2018
I thought the episode was decent. The CGI wasn't bad either, though it could've been better. What annoys me is how slow paced the episodes are. I just hopes it keeps getting better. (:
Jul 28, 2019 3:36 PM
Jul 2016
Kxrumi said:
Pretty boring and predictable.
The fight against the crab was very bad, inconsistent and with a horrific CGI. The music during the fights felt very out of context, as if it didn't fit.
Hajime in the first 2 episodes wanted to take revenge on the one who betrayed him, but now he says he doesn't want revenge...nani?

that's for now lmao the only thing he want now to get out from this dungeon
Jul 28, 2019 3:45 PM
Jul 2016
the episode was good but oh well the cgi could be better but it still passable the planet monster was better and although yue isn't my favorite character but she's fine also white fox helped Asread in this episode's animation
Jul 30, 2019 11:15 AM
Oct 2017
Mythologically said:
If this is a horrible adaptation, the LN must be the best thing ever made by humans
imagine continuing to defend this piece of shit after episode 4 lmao
Aug 1, 2019 7:08 AM

Aug 2016
I have many things on top of anime quality, but at least they have balls to let MC be molested by lewd vampire loli only second episode we got to know her. Pretty straightforward, but standard being Harem Hero who doesn't get lewd somehow even though all girls are into him, that's nice change of pace.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2019 7:38 PM

Sep 2017
This show just keeps getting worse and worse. I'm glad I didn't drop it though; it's beginning to get really funny. The CG is still pitiful, especially with the spikes and the Scorpion. The soundtrack is still great and awesome to listen to, though. The fight itself was an animated shitshow. I couldn't even begin to tell what was going on, and the choreography is among the worst I've seen in a show classified as "Action." Yue beginning to cry after his story made me laugh really hard. The voice acting of the entire cast (except for Hajime's VA) is pathetically awful. The scene where they were trying to simulate a crowd cheering but it was just one guy going "Yeah!" halfheartedly is one of the greatest moments in anime history. If she can stop biting his neck, that would be great. It's just fucking weird seeing a loli seductively drink blood. At least in Monogatari the loli has a personality. At least this action scene wasn't terrible. Although, that was mostly because there wasn't any action. I'm shocked to actually find a loli in an isekai with LESS personality and importance than Filo from Shield Hero. Incredible. In conclusion, 8/10 comedy, 4/10 episode.
Aug 6, 2019 4:30 AM
Mar 2012
lol that cg.
"I'll explain everything in order" - mc, did they messup the editing last 2 episodes just to say this?
Nice abrupt osts & backgrounds are decent.
Flower dinos were 2d & cute. Poison woman was properly creepy so gj there.
Aug 6, 2019 7:49 AM
Feb 2019
Lmao did anyone notice that when he was carrying the vampire girl in battle the mc got his arm back for a moment and after battle its gone again xd
Aug 8, 2019 9:59 PM
Sep 2018
Have given this anime the 3 episode rule and I am already contemplating whether to drop it or not.

The plot feels like it doesn't go anywhere. I literally was fighting myself to not fall asleep while watching it.
Some of the scenes are downright retarded and leaves me being unable to tell whether the anime is trying to take itself seriously or not.

I want to give this anime a try, but if I do decide to drop this I'll give it a 5/10
Aug 9, 2019 7:41 AM
Mar 2015
you are ripe Time to eat
Aug 18, 2019 2:36 PM
Apr 2019
The episode was funny.. but my god I hated Yue.

So, a 300+ year old Vampire Loli that got locked away for being too strong gets possessed by a plant lady that the MC killed in 2 hits?

but WAIT in the same episode, they also make her do some giant ball of fire death on the robot enemy that the MC couldn't pierce through until Yue helped???

But wait... not once did our MC question the intention of Yue sucking her blood, he just let it happen... every single time.

And I don't understand Yues character still, why does she act like a 5 year or something, this really bothers me. I would at least understand if they made her 17 like the MC, but my god, she acts like a lost child.

Am I just lost or has this character just lost its memory of "learning to be an adult" ( she doesn't age i know, but her mental mind has to ) while she was locked away?
Sep 1, 2019 12:32 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
That was... mild? It could have been better, but I'm not seeing how it's that bad, probably it goes downhill from here who knows though. Looks like the show will have a lot of Combo battles though.
Sep 5, 2019 1:06 PM

Jan 2015
I don’t even know why am I even watching this anime, guess I want to know jus how bad an anime can get

DAMN, that was the most horrible CGI I’ve ever seen. Not even the slightest effort tho. How could they think to air this shit on tv

Loli vampire is the only thing I care about in this show. Might jump my score to 2 for her only
Oct 12, 2019 7:44 PM
Jun 2016
Immediately after the opening theme, it cuts to Hajime fighting the scorpion. Can we pay due credit to that scene. For 50 uninterrupted seconds, Hajime fights that scorpion without saying a word.

That characters keep moving their mouths instead of their fists during fight scenes is one of the main things holding the action genre lacks, and the immersion I felt when he thought the scorpion proves it.

Arifureta innovated greatly on the long pitiful action genre here.
Oct 12, 2019 7:53 PM
Jun 2016
Mythologically said:
If this is a horrible adaptation, the LN must be the best thing ever made by humans
Well said.

Dec 26, 2019 2:15 PM

Aug 2018
CGI is shit
Hate it
Feb 22, 2020 10:38 PM
Feb 2020
I love this episode simply because it's implied that they banged. I'm tired of b*tch ass anime protagonists that don't make a move or flat out reject their waifus. That one fade to black scene instantly made this more realistic than most anime out there.
Jun 7, 2020 7:16 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So we get a legal 300 years old loli out of nowhere? Great! What else? She drank your blood and give you power. And then? Another mighty sniper rifle in his hand and never use it. What a nice little adventurous, there. If only the background story felt more dark, it will be so much better.
badabassJun 7, 2020 7:28 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 18, 2020 6:29 PM

Apr 2020
"You've suffered more than me"
Said the 300+ years old vampire to the teenager edgelord
Feb 11, 2021 5:23 AM

Nov 2019
Yes a lot of Shield Hero and Slime monsters, also Yue feels very familar and Mc reminds me of Bell kun (white hair, red eyes)
Mar 10, 2021 6:40 PM

Nov 2010
Good job Hajime. I would've taken Yue back home as well. hehe Let's see how Kaori would react if she knew about his new waifu.

Damn, I thought Hajime has the best stats, but this Kouki guy must be hacking too.

Yue is so adorable. I like every scene with her. Hajime is pretty cool too. I like him. So much better than Mr. Perfect Rimuru.

Mar 19, 2021 12:37 PM

Sep 2012
considering what 1other series said in other words Vampire desire the blood from who they love the most, like others blood not so good while hes is irresistible

new imagine being with vampire, u will always get love bites with fangs :D

badabass said:
So we get a legal 300 years old loli out of nowhere? Great! What else? She drank your blood and give you power. And then? Another mighty sniper rifle in his hand and never use it. What a nice little adventurous, there. If only the background story felt more dark, it will be so much better.

its the reverse she got power from him
Sugram22Mar 19, 2021 12:42 PM
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

383 by Rishabh1348 »»
Mar 5, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2019

103 by TsunamiYT »»
Mar 2, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2019

173 by Seabury »»
Jan 14, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2019

171 by Mizangrh »»
Dec 26, 2023 8:18 AM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2019

89 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 6:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.