Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 11, 2019 3:24 PM

Mar 2019
As this content creator says; season 3 was rushed and studio Deen was busy with other contracted projects, so they had to pass the anime to a small studio, "March Jack".

https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/1165347212580122624?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

If this information is true and seeing the quality of the first episode, my heart is fully broken.

¿What do you guys think?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 11, 2019 7:31 PM
May 2019
Pactio said:
As this content creator says; season 3 was rushed and studio Deen was busy with other contracted projects, so they had to pass the anime to a small studio, "March Jack".

https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/1165347212580122624?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

If this information is true and seeing the quality of the first episode, my heart is fully broken.

¿What do you guys think?

I think the anime will be shit
Oct 11, 2019 7:52 PM

Feb 2018
March Jack? I think he is talking about Marvy Jack:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/producer/553/Marvy_Jack

Spice and Wolf with Brains Base, after that - typical outsource studio who helps larger studious with animation, backgrounds, etc.

Yeah, it seems legit. Same as OPM 2, not so much people in industry actually cares about quality of final product. And Arifureta example showed us that Japanese anime viewers will watch adaptation of popular source material (and buy blu-ray disks) even with horrible animation. So, you don't need even try to make anime adaptation something good.
Oct 11, 2019 9:30 PM

Mar 2012
Even the manga is bad, it's not a big deal.
Oct 12, 2019 1:35 AM
Aug 2015
I personally think the overall quality of the animation was good. The environments were all well animated and looked detailed but i have to agree with everyone else that the fighting scenes were poorly executed and the censoring of all the blood really comes out of nowhere and just feels so unnecessary. If they improve the fight scenes a bit and remove the White blood this can turn in to a good season despite its bad start.
Oct 12, 2019 2:17 AM

May 2018
upwindspy said:
I personally think the overall quality of the animation was good. The environments were all well animated and looked detailed but i have to agree with everyone else that the fighting scenes were poorly executed and the censoring of all the blood really comes out of nowhere and just feels so unnecessary. If they improve the fight scenes a bit and remove the White blood this can turn in to a good season despite its bad start.

Maybe in the Blu-Ray edition it will be better.
Oct 12, 2019 2:23 AM
Aug 2015
Rider9530 said:
upwindspy said:

The Blu-Ray wont magically fix the fight scenes and the blood im afraid..
Oct 12, 2019 2:26 AM

May 2018
upwindspy said:
Rider9530 said:

I meant that it would hopefully fix the censorship.
Oct 12, 2019 2:27 AM
Aug 2015
Rider9530 said:
upwindspy said:

That would be too late if they want to save the series. They need to make changes and thats now or the score Will just keep dropping
Oct 12, 2019 2:29 AM

May 2018
upwindspy said:
Rider9530 said:

That would be too late if they want to save the series. They need to make changes and thats now or the score Will just keep dropping

I know that, but my main problem with this season is the censorship.
Oct 12, 2019 2:29 AM
Jul 2018
Animation was horrible in this first episode, so now we know the reason. I think that this franchise is going down with every season, so overall quality is poor.

Best thing would happen to the serie is give it an ending and close all the plot, manga is also going down in quality.
Oct 12, 2019 2:31 AM
Aug 2015
Rider9530 said:
upwindspy said:

Absolutely. I agree. That was awful.
Oct 12, 2019 2:49 AM

Feb 2018
Rider9530 said:
upwindspy said:

How can they promote the BD with that kind of production on TV series?
Oct 12, 2019 3:05 AM
Aug 2019
upwindspy said:
Rider9530 said:

evem if the score drop to 5..if japanese like it and buy the bd..it will still got another season..thats why alot of high score mal anime didnt got season 2 lol and if it get a season it will be super late..as long you not show me that japanese really hate this series..you can drop your "save the series"
Oct 12, 2019 3:08 AM
Aug 2015
Ozen106th said:
upwindspy said:

evem if the score drop to 5..if japanese like it and buy the bd..it will still got another season..thats why alot of high score mal anime didnt got season 2 lol and if it get a season it will be super late..as long you not show me that japanese really hate this series..you can drop your "save the series"

Ait ait my dude. Lucky for us that we have dudes who are sitting on so much knoweledge.
Oct 12, 2019 10:55 AM
Jul 2018
upwindspy said:
Rider9530 said:

(or the score Will just keep dropping) That's west rating
West rating doesn't count except Japan

All the west ratings of any shows are Futile , Useless , Not important Except Japan
removed-userOct 12, 2019 10:59 AM
Oct 12, 2019 11:03 AM
Jul 2018
drakoneel said:
Rider9530 said:

im waiting for the blu ray aswell. and they probably made this much sensor so people will buy the blu rays

Mostly that's the only way for Uncut censorship ,
They should just broadcast two versions of the same EPs on two channels One is censored and another Uncut

I remember some shows did that

The one that did it was High School DxD
removed-userOct 12, 2019 11:10 AM
Oct 12, 2019 11:08 AM
Jul 2018
Ozen106th said:
upwindspy said:

1000000% Truth! West ratings doesn't count but Some people still think that sadly :P
Oct 12, 2019 1:05 PM
Apr 2016
The question is more why didn't the producers kept A-1 Pictures as the animation studio for this season?
Oct 12, 2019 2:16 PM

Dec 2018
Flair_Noble said:
The question is more why didn't the producers kept A-1 Pictures as the animation studio for this season?

i heard the movie under performed so a-1 just dipped
Oct 12, 2019 2:38 PM
Jul 2016
kataneer said:

Spice and Wolf with Brains Base, after that - typical outsource studio who helps larger studious with animation, backgrounds, etc.

Yeah, it seems legit. Same as OPM 2, not so much people in industry actually cares about quality of final product. And Arifureta example showed us that Japanese anime viewers will watch adaptation of popular source material (and buy blu-ray disks) even with horrible animation. So, you don't need even try to make anime adaptation something good.

i won't say the reason that they don't care it's the committee is asking them to work on unbelievable schedules so how do you expect them to do a better work in these circumstances also while OPM S2 being a downgrade from S1 but it wasn't bad it was fine.
Oct 12, 2019 3:16 PM
Apr 2015
As a Sawano fan and someone who enjoyed the other seasons its a shame to see the show go down hill so much, especially considering how good it used to look.

I also can't imagine what deen were working on that was more valuable than this as well, unless it was the konosuba movie?
Oct 12, 2019 4:17 PM

Oct 2014
kataneer said:

If only those Above actually gave the workers a reasonable Schedule.
OPM1 was only that well animated because they got a good Schedule.
The only ones who don't care are the Suits above.

More ppl there have to follow the example of the likes of Kyoani (even Toei cares).
Oct 12, 2019 4:25 PM
May 2019
Just_A_ManBOi said:
Flair_Noble said:

It's aniplex that dipped, not A-1.
Oct 12, 2019 4:29 PM
May 2019
JoeThePro said:
As a Sawano fan and someone who enjoyed the other seasons its a shame to see the show go down hill so much, especially considering how good it used to look.

I also can't imagine what deen were working on that was more valuable than this as well, unless it was the konosuba movie?

Konosuba movie is made by JC Staff, not Deen. They had to rush production for this season cuz Aniplex dipped, which led to most of the season needing to be outsourced which sucks because it doesn't have a good production schedule.

I'm also sad cuz this is my favorite part of the manga and it's when all the greatness happens.
Oct 12, 2019 6:53 PM

Dec 2018
Bakusatsuou said:
Just_A_ManBOi said:

oh my bad i dont have ears when listening to news
Mister-ManOct 12, 2019 10:29 PM
Oct 13, 2019 12:05 AM

Jan 2015
Bakusatsuou said:
Just_A_ManBOi said:

I know ANIPLEX dropped out because the movie bombed, but did Netflix pull out as well??Or was Netflix's contract with ANIPLEX and not Kodansha???
Oct 13, 2019 7:25 AM
May 2019
chrisbj said:
Bakusatsuou said:

I know ANIPLEX dropped out because the movie bombed, but did Netflix pull out as well??Or was Netflix's contract with ANIPLEX and not Kodansha???

I think the contract was with Aniplex, not 100% sure tho
Oct 13, 2019 11:11 AM
Jan 2018
upwindspy said:
Rider9530 said:

There's censorship becouse apprently it has a different time slot then the other two seasons did . And Japan are strict anything before a certain time needs to be censored . And usually they air a uncensored version on a different channel.

And the steaming services such as Funimation and crunchyroll are given what they are given otherwise no streaming

Oct 13, 2019 2:51 PM

May 2012
The only problem is cesnorship

I don't see any other problem. The animation looks fine to me. I could not see any difference compared to previous seasons

I'm happy it got more seasons and it better than noting.
Oct 13, 2019 10:26 PM

Feb 2018
Judging from the first episode, I'd say the animation is pretty good. Let's see how it goes when they animate the more complicated fight scenes. I really don't get this hate beforehand though
Oct 20, 2019 4:58 AM
Apr 2016
Deen has no experience with decent, story-based series. They bit more than they could chew, and now we are the ones suffering.
woc1997 said:
Judging from the first episode, I'd say the animation is pretty good. Let's see how it goes when they animate the more complicated fight scenes. I really don't get this hate beforehand though

I have no idea what you are talking about. In the first episode there were mostly stills and re-used scenes where they just slash through the screen, without actual combat.
Daniel_NaumovOct 20, 2019 5:04 AM
Re:formed
Nov 8, 2019 2:11 PM

Jul 2016
woc1997 said:

5 episodes so far and the animation is still garbage.

the moms of the people who remove signatures are hœs
discord: Jotaakuu#8878

Nov 9, 2019 1:31 AM

Feb 2015
If it was Deen animating it then arguably it would look even worse. I actually think the direction is a bigger issue than the animation. DoDoesn'tes help that the current arc sucks either.
Nov 9, 2019 12:42 PM
Apr 2015
It's a simple solution, if you dont.like the animation and bitch about it every episode then dont watch it smh
Nov 21, 2019 5:30 PM

Nov 2009
DragonIncursio said:
It's a simple solution, if you dont.like the animation and bitch about it every episode then dont watch it smh

And people like you are exactly the reason why series gets low scores and bad sales, which in turn gives it a bad rep and low chance of having sequels.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Nov 24, 2019 10:21 AM
Jan 2018
blame the time slot for the white blood
Nov 25, 2019 9:56 AM
Jul 2018
amlg said:
DragonIncursio said:

And people like you are exactly the reason why series gets low scores and bad sales, which in turn gives it a bad rep and low chance of having sequels.

The West ratings and scores are Futile , No matter how toxic they are, they mean nothing to JP the Wests are 0 , and this Anti-Anime site here, is just laughable

JP is the only ones that matters , as long there's a huge fanbase in JP , More sequels will come , I don't know how the sales are in JP , I'm sure there's alot of buyers there

Like Fairy Tail keeps coming.. because it has a huge fanbase in JP and more keep coming , We got an ongoing Canon sequel Manga Fairy Tail 100 Years Quest taking place right after the final chapter because of JP fans not because of these West , I recommend it if you want to see FT going strong once again

+ a cross over manga with FT , Rave, Edens Zero
a FT game

The same with 7 Deadly sins , as long there's a huge fanbase in JP , More will come
removed-userNov 25, 2019 10:20 AM
Nov 26, 2019 4:17 AM
Oct 2018
It is deen's fault, the same way opm 2 was jc staff's fault.
Nov 30, 2019 1:49 PM

Mar 2012
Nik03178 said:

It's Nakaba Suzuki's fault if NnT is bad tho.
Dec 25, 2019 10:13 PM
Apr 2016
So you are telling me, that some monkey business Aniplex, which I will now google, after the side-story film failed (of course it would), pulled out and took with them A-1 Pictures, which has done incredible work on adapting this series so far, and then sold/threw it out to a studio like Deen... Which then threw it out to even less significant and experienced studio?!
Monkey business.
HaarWyvern said:
Nik03178 said:

I will not be talking about the original source, hopefully you are just some stupid salty brat with snarky commentary towards a work of art you do not like, but time will tell.
As for the animated series, so far there is almost entirely nothing wrong with the story. So far, what we have seen on screen, warrants no BLAME! on the original creator. This is clearly the studio fault, whichever studio is responsible at this point. Previous seasons were critically acclaimed and the masses loved them as well.

OH ANIPLEX IS AN AMERICAN COMPANY MONKEY BUSINESS MONKEY BUSINESS!!
Daniel_NaumovDec 25, 2019 10:16 PM
Dec 25, 2019 10:23 PM
Mar 2019
I've looked thru a few Japanese forum discussions on this season's SDS too tho, their complains weren't a teeny bit either...There were pretty long complaints...I doubt that this season's SDS might do well to get another season with this type of animation eventho I really enjoyed the manga...Really disappointed with Deen tho, they did so much better in terms of animations with Chuubyou Boys despite the story feeling underwhelming...sigh I dunno tho Imma read thru more Japanese forums...
Beanie13268Dec 25, 2019 10:35 PM
Dec 26, 2019 1:48 AM
Apr 2016
Hanna13268 said:
I've looked thru a few Japanese forum discussions on this season's SDS too tho, their complains weren't a teeny bit either...There were pretty long complaints...I doubt that this season's SDS might do well to get another season with this type of animation eventho I really enjoyed the manga...Really disappointed with Deen tho, they did so much better in terms of animations with Chuubyou Boys despite the story feeling underwhelming...sigh I dunno tho Imma read thru more Japanese forums...

If they change studio again, to someone responsible and actually experienced with high quality animation, then they will get all the sponsors they need for an adaptation. This is not a series problem, this is a studio problem.
Dec 26, 2019 1:53 AM

Jan 2009
when it comes to anime adaptations usually the anime studio are not part of the ownership aka production committee anyway and looks like its the same case here
Dec 26, 2019 2:26 AM

Mar 2012
Daniel_Naumov said:
So you are telling me, that some monkey business Aniplex, which I will now google, after the side-story film failed (of course it would), pulled out and took with them A-1 Pictures, which has done incredible work on adapting this series so far, and then sold/threw it out to a studio like Deen... Which then threw it out to even less significant and experienced studio?!
Monkey business.
HaarWyvern said:

I will not be talking about the original source, hopefully you are just some stupid salty brat with snarky commentary towards a work of art you do not like, but time will tell.
As for the animated series, so far there is almost entirely nothing wrong with the story. So far, what we have seen on screen, warrants no BLAME! on the original creator. This is clearly the studio fault, whichever studio is responsible at this point. Previous seasons were critically acclaimed and the masses loved them as well.

To me you seems by far more salty than me. (It's not that I really make fun of you hold your horses)

It's a trash tier shonen for me so I do not really care. It don't understand people saying it's that bad because story and characters were already awful that's all.
So for me it's author fault, his previous manga was original even if I don't really like it. But NnT is bad on all point except the art of the manga.
In fact I'm happy, NnT don't deserve a good staff, I prefer those guys on another animes.

My opinion.
Dec 26, 2019 2:34 AM
Apr 2016
HaarWyvern said:
Daniel_Naumov said:
Monkey business.

To me you seems by far more salty than me. (It's not that I really make fun of you hold your horses)

It's a trash tier shonen for me so I do not really care. It don't understand people saying it's that bad because story and characters were already awful that's all.
So for me it's author fault, his previous manga was original even if I don't really like it. But NnT is bad on all point except the art of the manga.
In fact I'm happy, NnT don't deserve a good staff, I prefer those guys on another animes.

My opinion.

Your opinion lacks proper argumentation and cannot be taken as anything more than a rant. It is better not to be done here, but be so kind the next time you would like to boldly state something as being "litter" or "awful" and provide reasons and, most importantly, weighted arguments as to why something is as bad as you describe it. Explain yourself in a clear and coherent manner.
Dec 26, 2019 10:34 AM
Aug 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
Monkey business.
HaarWyvern said:

Incredible work? 2nd half of season 2 was a garbage rush adaptation with the fact that they ruined a great fight in episode... was it 22? i don't remember.

A-1 never shined for this manga, not that the material was that good, but still
Dec 26, 2019 11:27 AM
Apr 2016
Hebi_op said:
Daniel_Naumov said:
Monkey business.

Incredible work? 2nd half of season 2 was a garbage rush adaptation with the fact that they ruined a great fight in episode... was it 22? i don't remember.

When we get to compare, the brilliance is obvious.
Dec 26, 2019 11:34 AM
Aug 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
Hebi_op said:

When we get to compare, the brilliance is obvious.

I wasn't comparing. I was just saying that s2 adaptation wasn't good, regardless on how much s3 sucks
Dec 26, 2019 2:44 PM
Nov 2019
If they passed the anime to the March Jack studio, they are to blame.🤦

If the Deen study were really busy, they shouldn't even have taken a project, so they are to blame in the notary's office.😐
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

190 by aristotle002 »»
Apr 14, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2019

88 by Sodo2050 »»
Mar 13, 11:54 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2020

89 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 28, 12:34 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2020

34 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2020

25 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 11:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.