Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 12, 2019 7:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh so that's the OP song. Interesting.

I have to admit, Merlin's introduction made me laugh a little. Mash's still got an intuition that makes her more aware of her surroundings. An important episode to further introduce more characters including Anna and more lore revealed about background stories. Anna is such a cutie lol

ED theme song also looks interesting. I must say, this anime has some creative visual backgrounds.
Stark700Oct 12, 2019 7:56 AM
Oct 12, 2019 9:05 AM
Jun 2015
until episode 2 i didn't see any significant problem except they have hard time to animate dialogue scenario. remember again people, scenario in fgo mostly is about conversation and hardly to have explanation text. you can see how they use static image for several second when merlin or enkidu explain something in long sentences. but this is still acceptable and we can expect steady of good quality in the future episode, different from assassin pride
Oct 12, 2019 9:13 AM
Jan 2019
Great episode
But why the Score going down
Oct 12, 2019 9:21 AM

Sep 2018
Merlin is here...at this point I just don't care...
Jolyne Kuujou + Steel Ball Run Universe = Billie Eillish
Oct 12, 2019 9:22 AM

May 2016
YooNooMAL said:
Great episode
Cause anime only’s didn’t heed our warnings
Oct 12, 2019 9:22 AM

Jul 2014
Noticed that the score is goin down too, but heck.
Anyways good ep, nothing much to write about and nothing interesting besides the Merlin reveal and getting a

The OP and ED were nice, loved the early mini fight they had, pretty good animation and art going around. Hope they can keep it that way till the end.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
MrZawaOct 12, 2019 3:12 PM
Oct 12, 2019 9:32 AM

Jan 2013
That fight at the beginning was a marvel to watch

also, me watching the score going down...
JaveraOct 12, 2019 9:36 AM
Oct 12, 2019 9:33 AM

Apr 2016
As the post credit scene last week showed us, Merlin and Anna are here (and Merlin's VA is as good as ever). Production value is still high, fighting scenes great. Kingu also showing his true colors. We also got a glimpse of Leonidas and finally Gilgamesh and Siduri. Also i must say they really are going ham with explanations ... even Merlin situation was already brought up.

PS: Opening is bad.

Rizki_Diablo said:
different from assassin pride

What is event a correlation between the two lol.
Oct 12, 2019 9:37 AM

May 2015
Reshiram_IX said:
YooNooMAL said:
Great episode
Cause anime only’s didn’t heed our warnings

Cause people unfamiliar with this are the ones scoring. This anime isn't gonna be revolutionary, but it definitely is a hype story with alot of highs past the halfway point.

Oct 12, 2019 9:39 AM

Mar 2016
YooNooMAL said:
Great episode
all the fgo players have already given 10/10 while everyone else is finally catching up on whatever they were going to give it
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Oct 12, 2019 9:39 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The opening is pleasant but nothing more than that.
Animation during the fight at the beginning was pretty good.
Fine episode.
Oct 12, 2019 9:42 AM

Aug 2013
Good episode. Liked it.
Love both the OP and ED.

The fight scenes were nice.

Oct 12, 2019 9:50 AM

Jan 2009
the OP and ED songs are meh but damn the visuals of it are so good and so are the sakuga battles in this episode too

i thought Ana is an adult woman but she is just a loli? or maybe she is just short in height lol

that fake Enkidu is great at fighting and from the OP he is really part of the enemy
Oct 12, 2019 9:52 AM

Dec 2014
This is just fantastic.

The production value on this seems insane, they really putting that FGO money to good use eh? The art is so pretty and the animation and fight sequences are fantastic.
OP is awesome, Eresh only had a little screen time in the OP though. Do they want to keep her mysterious or something?

Merlin is amusing, I love how he just provokes everyone with his smug attitude of being a Grand Caster. The part where he intimidates Da-vinci was hilarious. Fou jumping on Merlin was funny too.

Ana is cute. <3

I don't actually read the stories in game, I only know vague summaries of each singularity. So I'm watching this as kind of an anime-only but with some knowledge of the source so I'm curious what Enkidu's role in this is seeing as this is a time after his supposed death.
Oct 12, 2019 10:02 AM
Oct 12, 2019 10:02 AM

Apr 2016
Javera said:

Yeah, but those faces were funny. First Romani then Vinci lol.

Lelouch0202 said:

Yis.
Oct 12, 2019 10:03 AM
Apr 2018
The opening song sounds so much better now that we've seen the visuals. And that ending, loved it!
Oct 12, 2019 10:04 AM

Jan 2009
the OP and ED visuals are really great but the songs itself is just average

Oct 12, 2019 10:06 AM

Jul 2016
The one of the highlight in this episode is Fou-kun kicked Merlin, its hilarious seeing it animated xD. The animation and art this episode is amazing. That OP is good but the scenes are great, ED is nice with cool visuals. And next is Gil vs Gudao and Mash. To the next episode

Oct 12, 2019 10:10 AM
Apr 2014
That fight scene between "Enkidu" and "Ana" was pretty nice.
ED quite reminiscent of FZ's first ending, same singer too.
Oct 12, 2019 10:27 AM
May 2017
Aw yes, great episode, the animation and art visual is excellent.
The OP and ED is....eh... Probably gonna get used to it couple episodes later.
The characters introduction is spot on, exactly what I wanted it to be.

Oct 12, 2019 10:40 AM

Dec 2013
This is fucking masterpiece.
Dat plot twist, WHAT THE FUCK!
Oct 12, 2019 10:53 AM

Jul 2009
NOt enough Fou kicking Merlin

Fou-Kyou!!
bruh
Oct 12, 2019 10:59 AM
Apr 2013
Ah, great OP and ED, and really good animation this episode. And this IS NOT ufotable for once. Thats kinda amazing. The first episode was nice as well, but this one sold me on the anime.
Oct 12, 2019 11:00 AM

Feb 2016
The visuals look stunning.
I am used to seeing Gilgamesh in UBW but now we get to see a different look of him

I haven't completed the 7th singularity but so far it seems that nothing is being left behind in the adaptation
Oct 12, 2019 11:11 AM

Apr 2015
Amazing episode again, finally I'll get to see my best boy Gilgamesh in action next episode! ♥
I really liked the Op and Ed I don't understand the complains, the songs were chill.
The fight scene between Enkidu and Ana was awesome as well and she finally joined the team with Merlin.

I'm still not used to see Gudao all the times, but i'll get over it.

All the people who voted hated it are weak anime only.
MiayaOct 12, 2019 11:26 AM
Oct 12, 2019 11:21 AM

Jul 2015
Swagernator said:
As the post credit scene last week showed us, Merlin and Anna are here (and Merlin's VA is as good as ever). Production value is still high, fighting scenes great. Kingu also showing his true colors. We also got a glimpse of Leonidas and finally Gilgamesh and Siduri. Also i must say they really are going ham with explanations ... even Merlin situation was already brought up.

PS: Opening is bad.

Rizki_Diablo said:
different from assassin pride

What is event a correlation between the two lol.

the opening is bad indeed. I bet you the only reason they let USG do the opening was that they have popularity, not because their style fits Fate or anything, cause it doesnt
It's okay to smirk

Oct 12, 2019 11:25 AM

Apr 2015
It was a beautiful opening what do you mean. We don't need openings full of fight scenes all the times and powerful song, it's not a shonen.
Oct 12, 2019 11:29 AM

Dec 2015
CATH PALUG ATTACKING MERLIN MOMENT, FINALLY T_T

And he's so adorable hnngggg!!! So does Ana.

This episode felt way better than the first episode, whether it's action scene or non

The OP and ED visuals are really nice, but I personally not really a fan of the songs (yet)

Friendly Uruk guard bro

And finally animated bae Siduri

And also beautiful Caster Gil
Oct 12, 2019 11:32 AM

May 2015
This show would've benefited immensely by just releasing the first two episodes together because this episode was honestly good. Just no more ass shots like last week and we're set...

Oct 12, 2019 11:35 AM

Nov 2013
Fou kicking Merlin was funny, but then I remembered Fou ruined everything in the chapter after Babylonia and it's not funny anymore. Merlin > Fou.

K interested in how the fight with Gil will go without Kintoki Rider lmao.

Anyway, I think there were less butt shots this week, good.
Oct 12, 2019 11:40 AM

Apr 2015
Shayon said:
Miaya said:
It was a beautiful opening what do you mean. We don't need openings full of fight scenes all the times and powerful song, it's not a shonen.

funny you say that since this OP has enough fight scenes. it looks, and sounds, just like a battle shounen OP

Fight with Quetzalcoatl and generals slaying demon beasts = many fights? It was a chill op.
Oct 12, 2019 11:42 AM

Jan 2013
Swagernator said:
Javera said:

lol yes Romani's as well
Oct 12, 2019 11:42 AM

Feb 2017
Decent OP and ED. I loved the art in the ED. Episode itself was good. Enkidu is revealed to be an enemy and they finally reach Uruk and face King Gilgamesh. I love how they managed to portray Uruk as big and lively city.
Oct 12, 2019 11:47 AM

Jul 2013
Merlin easily best boy. Seeing Gil so... hardworking was a surprise too. Wonder how are they going to fight against him.

Javera said:
Swagernator said:

lol yes Romani's as well
It's funnier if you know that their voice actors are married.
Oct 12, 2019 12:25 PM

Apr 2016
Botato said:
Fou kicking Merlin was funny, but then I remembered Fou ruined everything in the chapter after Babylonia and it's not funny anymore. Merlin > Fou

This rat saved waifu, all forgiven.
Oct 12, 2019 12:39 PM

Mar 2016
Great episode. pacing was nice. You had to end the opposite on the Gilgamesh meeting. Looking forward to the next episode.
Oct 12, 2019 12:40 PM

Apr 2015
Man, I fuckin' Loved this episode, comparative to the first, I just felt so much more into it. Merlin is a cheeky dick as per usual. Ana is adorable, the towns great, etc. romani getting exhasperated with merlin is also wonderful

and I see so much complaining about the OP here and I just don't personally get it LOL, this chapter is literally "dark" shounen, and Nasu has made explicit comparisons to long RPG/fetch quests iirc. It getting the most shouneny like opening possible is literally the best thing for it; I am at a loss at the blunted reaction tbh.

Kinda sucks they blew the lid off the reveal though.
Oct 12, 2019 12:42 PM

Nov 2017
I must say, Im enjoying the hell out of this lol great episode. I wonder how they will animate the fight next episode?

Oct 12, 2019 1:15 PM
Nov 2015
Dear lord the unlimited budget work here awsome
Oct 12, 2019 1:37 PM
Jul 2018
Use of the word "prostitute" is such a shitty misunderstanding. They were priestesses, certainly not hired whores. There's no proof that they included intercourse in their rituals, but if it were true, it would be reserved exclusively for the king.
Oct 12, 2019 1:39 PM

May 2018
Swagernator said:
Botato said:
Fou kicking Merlin was funny, but then I remembered Fou ruined everything in the chapter after Babylonia and it's not funny anymore. Merlin > Fou

This rat saved waifu, all forgiven.

but said waifu is now a normal girl with no 'back of the sword' fighting prowess :(
Oct 12, 2019 1:40 PM
Mar 2018
Shayon said:
the score went down? good.

Ana is precious and some of these sound effects during fights are awful

Here people we have someone that doesn't know shit about sound effects but want's to give his opinion and definitely thinks he's right.
Oct 12, 2019 2:00 PM
Oct 12, 2019 2:03 PM

Oct 2018
I loved the episode. It was really nice to finally watch the OP and ED. I absolutely loved the OP (visuals and music wise), as well as the ED that blessed us with beautiful images, in my opinion. I also really liked the fact that the ED shows some symbolical images from the past singularities at the beginning. Btw, I'm really surprised Eresh got more screentime than Ishtar in the OP. I loved the shots where she appears.

Seeing Fou jumping at Merlin animated was truly a blessing, and Ana looks way cuter than I imagined her. Da Vinci was extremely cute per usual, and and Gilgamesh looks as handsome as ever. The scenery is truly astonishing, and the details and animation looked wonderful for me.

I'm really liking this adaptation of my favorite FGO singularity. Really grateful we get to watch this :)
Oct 12, 2019 2:05 PM
Jul 2016
The OP got me giddy as fuck seeing the unlimited budget works as well as Leonidas finally getting his animated debut. The episode was fantastic as well; I'm liking how they're handling the exposition segments stemming from the game by keeping the shots dynamic, or by switching to different scenery. Also glad we made it to Gilgamesh this episode, perfect place for a cliffhanger. I usually wait until after the first episode to see if a show's animation is truly great, and it's looking like our quartz funds are being used to their fullest. The best part is that it's only gonna get better from here.

tl;dr Loved the episode, can't wait for Saturdays.
Oct 12, 2019 2:08 PM

Sep 2014
Pretty enjoyable 2nd episode, pretty cool opening quite a bit catchy.

Romani such a Merlin fanboy and lold at dem sips.
Fou kicking Merlin was hilarious.
Ana too precious hnnggg.

Wasn't expecting that kind of personality from Gil either.
Oct 12, 2019 2:29 PM

Aug 2010
nerfx said:

Romani such a Merlin fanboy and lold at dem sips.
Fou kicking Merlin was hilarious.
Ana too precious hnnggg.

Wasn't expecting that kind of personality from Gil either.

Well it's because everyone, including our MC, has the image of the Archer Gilgamesh. Right now he's not on his 'combat' class, but rather on his 'ruler' class. He's a Caster right now rather than his more well known Archer class, so his personality is slightly different.
Oct 12, 2019 2:31 PM

Aug 2009
MrMadness said:
The OP got me giddy as fuck seeing the unlimited budget works as well as Leonidas finally getting his animated debut. The episode was fantastic as well; I'm liking how they're handling the exposition segments stemming from the game by keeping the shots dynamic, or by switching to different scenery. Also glad we made it to Gilgamesh this episode, perfect place for a cliffhanger. I usually wait until after the first episode to see if a show's animation is truly great, and it's looking like our quartz funds are being used to their fullest. The best part is that it's only gonna get better from here.

tl;dr Loved the episode, can't wait for Saturdays.

Leonidas's debut was in Last Encore but we dont talk about that.
nerfx said:

Romani such a Merlin fanboy.

The opposite actually.

AiHikari said:

Well it's because everyone, including our MC, has the image of the Archer Gilgamesh. Right now he's not on his 'combat' class, but rather on his 'ruler' class. He's a Caster right now rather than his more well known Archer class, so his personality is slightly different.

Well, that one isnt a Servant so he isnt "Caster".
Oct 12, 2019 2:34 PM
Jan 2016
Another awesoem episode!

Enkidu was bad after all!

Merlin and ana made their entrance, and i found Merlin amusing her teasings!

Ana and Enkidu figh was so wonderfull animated damn!

They managed to enter in uruk, and it is really elaborated, and well represented, so beautifull!

They encounter Gilgamesh, and he looks to be a good king, but seems they will have a fight next episode, looking forward to it!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2020

185 by keynutil »»
Apr 11, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2019

287 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2019

176 by keynutil »»
Apr 1, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

186 by Apreggi »»
Jan 11, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

220 by Apreggi »»
Jan 11, 2:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.