Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 23, 2019 1:49 PM

Mar 2018
@Mythologically You're the first one who insulted my character. I may have been agressive in my first post to you but that's because I thought you could handle it. You came here for flamewars, it was my mistake to expect reasonable arguments coming out of you. Don't whine about insults, I've seen you on these forums before, even your reviews are full of insults. Really don't know why you make a big deal out of it

>Calls my post a stream of verbal diarrhea

Comes up with this meaningless bullshit

You cannot prove that a character is one-dimensional because every single character is at least one-dimensional.

That is the baseline for a character, as a character cannot be zero-dimensional.As such, you cannot prove that a character is one-dimensional. You can provide evidence for it, and you can disprove that a character is one-dimensional by providing evidence showing that the character is complex. However, definitively proving that a character is one-dimensional is impossible, as any evidence you provide could still be nullified by counter-evidence. How is that in any way difficult to understand or confusing? I didn't set out to prove that Thorfinn is one-dimensional, I provided evidence for it. However, if you can show how Thorfinn is a complex character, then my evidence is meaningless. See how that works?

In my first reply I asked you to explain why Thorfinn is one-dimensional. Your reply to me suggested ''no one can provide evidence'', thank you for proving that because you seem to be of the illusion ''me angry'' is a good argument.

You pretty much ask me to argue semantics. I don't know what you think is ''complex''. I don't know why you believe Thorfinn is one-dimensional. I don't think you use these words the way they're supposed to, just keep it to ''me don't like''.

And that brings me to the only paragraph where you actually made any point whatsoever. And hey, at least you finally gave me a valid point to work with! Let's say that what you have said about Thorfinn, to you, makes him a satisfactory & complex character. Good for you, then. I'm glad you enjoy the show. For me, having multiple personality traits doesn't make a character complex. Same with him growing up and being different from when he was a kid, same with him going "grrr me angry now me want revenge (but i don't want to just kill him, i want to reclaim my dad's honor!)" when his dad died, and same with him being conflicted because he has to kill people even though his dad said that killing people is bad. To me, that is uninspired writing that is neither interesting nor engaging & is aimed at the lowest common denominator. Guess we'll have to disagree on this one.

Very meaningful, you really made clear what actual complexity is to you. Just say ''I don't enjoy watching it'' next time. I never even said I find Thorfinn complex, just that he's a character with enough depth as of now (major development incoming apparently by manga readers). I've proven why Thorfinn isn't one-dimensional.

I really don't know what makes you think I care if you find this series good or not, I only wanted to argue your points. I thought you had more to say, but I guess you're empty already. You keep repeating the same unsubstantiated shit.

Regarding Thors, I think we already established that this series isn't completely realistic (and has no intention to, for drama). Of course his encounter with Askeladd was over the top, I don't disagree with that. I think that him being a deserter and psychologically damaged is easily believable. He knew he had to die anyway, Floki would've 100% attacked the village if he didn't receive Thor's head, that's another point that makes his actions logical to me.

Anyway, your whole post doesn't actually disprove anything that I say, but instead is just "this is not a criticism because I disagree with it". Stop acting like your opinions are all that matters.

They do matter more than yours, you're out here to bait and spout your self-absorded hateful opinions. I thought you were capable of more

@Hajime_Hinata Far from, but I respect the wanking

:typo

EsquirtitSep 23, 2019 4:33 PM
poop
Sep 23, 2019 1:53 PM
Aug 2019
Mythologically said:

Dear Diary,

Today, I learned that you can mask the total lack of arguments with a tirade of insults.

Signed,
Mythologically

Once again, surface-level observations are all one can provide when talking about a surface-level show that is completely devoid of substance or meaning. Anyway, let's rip apart the newest stream of verbal diarrhea.

You're right. The fact that people try to argue with insults is one of the most annoying this on these forums.

I am unwilling to believe that not a single person in Thors time (nor any era) was diametrically opposed to the any sort of mainstream thinking. No matter the era, there must have been men whose philosophies moved society forward. The Rennasaince movement happened because individuals were inspired by the writings/inventions of other individuals. The paradigm shift must have started with the thinking of 1 man. And I think this sort of paradigm shift occurs in a number of era and in a number of fields/subjects. Aristarchus of Samos was the first in recorded history to believe that the sun was the center of the universe. This idea was diametrically opposed to the mainstream thinking of ancient Greece, that the earth was the center. His idea didn't catch on until centuries later.
najumobiSep 23, 2019 1:57 PM
Sep 23, 2019 2:17 PM

Mar 2018
@Najumobi @Hajime_Hinata

Okay, seems people believe I insulted him first. Come on, we're on a anime forum in the 21th century. We're all beta males compared to Thors. Jokes aren't allowed anymore, even if aimed at someone who's clearly baiting and has a very edgy written review. Fucking hell, so this is why it turned out to be a bit of a flamewar? Didn't even remember I ''insulted'' him.

@Mythologically Sorry dude, I didn't mean to ''verbally abuse'' you. I didn't read all of your replies to Tsukuyomi, I would've adressed that first but I went straight away to your post that adressed my points. Seriously, I apologize for that.
poop
Sep 23, 2019 2:22 PM

Oct 2009
If I had to guess it'd be that vikings are boring. I'm certainly not interested at all based on what I've read, but I am curious since it's got such a high score.
Sep 23, 2019 3:12 PM
Aug 2019
Esquirtit said:
@Najumobi @Hajime_Hinata
Okay, seems people believe I insulted him first.

Not at all. I don't know/remember your prior statements.
My comment was only directed at the disgust I believed I detected from his sarcastic statement, & it was intended strictly to expresses my alignment with the sentiment.
Sep 23, 2019 3:40 PM

Mar 2018
najumobi said:
Esquirtit said:
@Najumobi @Hajime_Hinata
Okay, seems people believe I insulted him first.

Not at all. I don't know/remember your prior statements.
My comment was only directed at the disgust I believed I detected from his sarcastic statement, & it was intended strictly to expresses my alignment with the sentiment.

Sure, but I believe depending on how people present themselves insults can be justified. So personally I'm not that disgusted by it if there's still room for conversation.
poop
Sep 23, 2019 6:54 PM
May 2013
Daniel_Naumov said:
rtil said:

not sure what throwing boulders or animation errors have to do with the story, but to each their own.

If you can somehow justify labeling this series as "mature" by providing points of artistic or symbolic value, then you will not sound like a know-nothing loud-mouth that labeels anyone who refuses to worship what they like as the opposite of "mature". You know, like they do in civilized world - provide actual substance, not hot air.

why so defensive? i'm not here to change anyone's mind, i'm just stating the obvious. characters exhibiting superhuman strength in an animated series doesn't prevent a story or its themes from being mature in nature, amongst other things. if you can't extend your disbelief beyond that then you have a narrow understanding of how stories can be told. that's not my fault and it's not my job to educate you. you're obviously irrationally upset about this anime so there's no point in discussing it with you further.
Sep 24, 2019 5:00 AM

Sep 2019
heg said:
there is still less than 200K members at the moment now dont get me wrong that kind of number is popular (afaik anything that reach 100K members on an anime entry here on MAL with its current 6 million total users is popular already) but to me its not reaching Attack on Titan levels yet?

should they have aired this on CrunchyRoll instead that has like 45million users at the moment instead of Amazon Prime which i do not know how many users it has and probably a lot less than CrunchyRoll have

or are there any other reason why its not getting more popular right now?
Yo, debates are heated up here recently.
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Sep 24, 2019 5:53 AM

Nov 2017
Okay. Okay.
To make it simple. Is Vinland Saga still slept on or is it getting popular now?

You can look at the amount of fanarts of an anime to know the answer.
As I said before, if the characters aren't moeshit, then it won't be popular.
Sep 24, 2019 7:58 AM

Dec 2016
"Reaching attack of titan level" maybe one or two animes every year could eventually be called that way, this anime isn't one of these
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Sep 26, 2019 1:00 PM
May 2017
Im surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet, the level of stupidity here is too strong...As expected of MAL
Sep 26, 2019 10:17 PM

Apr 2018
I Read this thread with berserk golden age ost in the background, it feels good.
Sep 27, 2019 12:13 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
Mythologically said:
I think the main thing hindering Vinland Saga's popularity growth is that it is garbage.

True but being garbage isn't stoppning KnY from being popular.
Sep 27, 2019 1:16 AM

Jan 2019
Oh god this thread is major flaming bait. I'm surprised that no mod has locked it yet.
Sep 27, 2019 2:12 AM

Sep 2019
Jfs_ said:
I Read this thread with berserk golden age ost in the background, it feels good.
hehe, your post is gold. 24-carrot gold.
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Sep 30, 2019 8:52 AM
Jun 2019
Everyone just don't think too much...Its going to be awesome by the end of season...those complaining about the depth of characters..plz allow events to unfold...I read few chapters after ep12 as I felt that anime was too slow but after reading manga I can't wait to see those awesome scenes in manga being animated....I can see a storm coming that is gonna turn all the haters into lovers...plz wait...those who feel it repetitive will also understand reason behind all this build up...plz allow events to unfold...Its really gonna be great...after reading ahead I realised how great it is and can't be compared to any other show.....
Nxt_ArsenicSep 30, 2019 8:56 AM
Oct 1, 2019 11:20 AM

Oct 2018
Roevhaal said:
Mythologically said:
I think the main thing hindering Vinland Saga's popularity growth is that it is garbage.

Well, your opinion doesn't matter at all.

Idk why, but it still doesn't matter.

Oh and you also have favourites, so don't talk with trash taste like that.
Oct 1, 2019 12:21 PM
Aug 2019
-Aincrad- said:
Roevhaal said:

Well, your opinion doesn't matter at all.

Idk why, but it still doesn't matter.

Oh and you also have favourites, so don't talk with trash taste like that.

It’s just what happens when people love something. Everything else is terrible lol
Oct 2, 2019 1:55 AM

Jan 2015
This thread should be read while eating pop corns
Oct 2, 2019 2:15 AM

Jan 2019
Xenocrisi said:

Save me some please!
Oct 2, 2019 2:41 AM

Sep 2019
It's the most overrated and predictable anime that I have ever seen. I dropped it when Thor died since he was the only interesting character I can't stand his bratty son.
Oct 2, 2019 2:57 AM

Jan 2019
BlackPilled said:
It's the most overrated and predictable anime that I have ever seen. I dropped it when Thor died since he was the only interesting character I can't stand his bratty son.

Hell, why not. I'll drop my popcorn and get into a little debate shall we?

While predictable, Thors' death acted more as a building block to the narrative. It could also represent the harsh reality of the world of the era he lived in, as acting like a pacifist would inevitably lead to your death.
Oh, and it seems you just want a likable and relatable character. Rather than one whose character flaws (not technical) can be irritating to a casual audience. You'd probably hate Thorfinn even more later, so it's a good idea to keep it dropped.
I hate the term "overrated" btw. Not because it's insult against the target, but because of the glaring subjectivity it has. It sometimes has hypocritical underlines.
Oct 2, 2019 2:58 AM

Jun 2017
Xenocrisi said:
Same with Kimetsu no Yaiba threads
Oct 2, 2019 3:44 AM

May 2015
BlackPilled said:

"iT's OvErRaTeD"

Oct 2, 2019 6:38 AM

Jan 2015
mhkr said:
Xenocrisi said:
Same with Kimetsu no Yaiba threads

Let’s say both are pop corn entertainment worthy
Oct 7, 2019 7:21 AM

Oct 2013
Good, normies don't deserve it.
Oct 7, 2019 1:22 PM
Sep 2018
CondemneDio said:
It doesn't seem to attract the typical anime fan. Might be the setting, or the way it is presented. And since it doesn't have big boobs in frame 90 % of the time, waifu-oglers steer clear.

The anime isn't perfect but easily the best of the season.

Agree with you. I think this season is going to be a good foundation for future seasons. And if we want to enjoy a different anime, we always have to be enough motivation to invest our time. VS definitely worth it.
Join the Last Parade for your anime Salvation
Oct 7, 2019 7:08 PM
Aug 2018
I think once we get deeper into the story into the character development arcs and even the political intrigue this is gonna pick in popularity. Maybe wishful thinking from a fan of the manga and anime but I can't such a great story not getting more attention.
Oct 7, 2019 10:40 PM
Oct 2019
It's not for casual audiences which is why not everyone appreciates it. I mean look at Fate/Apocrypha for example. Most of the core fanbase considers it a trainwreck and a bastardization of the franchise for it's immature writing but casuals love it because it has flashy fights, cool badass OP MC and cute waifus. Kimetsu No Yaiba on the other hand is more broad in its appeal. It has more than enough face value entertainment for casuals but it's writing and human characters can still be liked by mature audiences. Vinland Saga is a seinen made for mature audiences who want a well written story with compelling characters who are actually human than a hero.
Oct 8, 2019 1:01 AM

May 2018
" is the popularity growth hindered by something?"

It's not trashy and overly melodramatic enough to be popular.
Also sometimes its characters try to solve or go around the problems instead of smashing them with will and dedication. The characters who don't do that are killed.
This is a bit uncomfortable and surprising for some watchers.
Oct 9, 2019 6:37 AM
May 2016
I'm just surprised by how it seems like so many people almost seem desperate to hate on/shit on this show? I'm only like 5 eps in but I've been loving it so far, it's refreshing compared to most seasonal anime and I'm definitely interested in reading the manga. I'm just glad to be seeing more seinen adaptations as of late in general.

Elucid said:
BlackPilled said:

I hate the term "overrated" btw. Not because it's insult against the target, but because of the glaring subjectivity it has. It sometimes has hypocritical underlines.

Hell yeah brother, completely agreed, "it's overrated" is a '''''criticism''''' used almost exclusively by stupid people who's thought process is "IT POPULAR THEREFORE IT BAD" most of the time.
ModernoirOct 9, 2019 6:44 AM
Oct 10, 2019 5:41 PM
Jun 2016
NotFred said:
CorkMars said:
Not reaching Attack on Titan levels of popularity?? Are you ok? Is everything alright?

The answer is obvious! Vinland Saga is simply not good. Attack on Titan is good and can appeal to a far wider audience. AoT has more realistic characters despite a fantasy setting, far better cg, better music, and an interesting plot full of mystery. When I watch AoT its because I have lots of things I'm curious about and want to fund out!! Vinland on the other hand has no stakes, no questions, and nothing remotely interesting about it to speak of!! The only conflict established in 9 episodes is that OP kid wants to kill goatee guy but won't do it in his sleep because he wants to honor his father (let it be noted that truly honoring his father would mean giving up on the cycle of violence and forgoing this sort of revenge plot.) The animation sucks, the plot sucks, and the characters suck. I was excited for Vinland ever since it was announced! I thought it was a show with seemingly endless potential. Now I tell my friends not to bother watching it unless they're still operating on a Dragon Ball/ Bleach/ Prince of Stride level of horribly childish anime taste.

Please don't ask silly questions like this. If you actually think Vinland deserves to be one of the most popular anime of all time alongside AoT... Well there's really nothing I can do for you except laugh.

I never disagreed with someone that much.

Vinland Saga already developed characters more than entire Aot's s1.

Animation is done decently, you're probably expecting Demon slayer quality.

So you're telling " a kid trying to kill a goatee guy" is gonna be the entire story? There's more to that. Aot's first 8 eps were literally: "Titans attack, kill the titans" Vinland Saga is more than just a revenge story, that's why people consider it a masterpiece.

Not every anime needs mystery to be good. Vinland saga is about the journey, not the destination.
What character development? We're already in the second half of the show and all we got to see was a bit more about Askeladd (not that I'd call it development), as Thorfinn is still obsessed with killing him, refusing to learn from his dad and his revenge plot has absolutely nothing to do with what's going on currently in the show, making it even harder to be invested.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2019 9:03 AM
Aug 2019
DupeusT31 said:
What character development? We're already in the second half of the show and all we got to see was a bit more about Askeladd (not that I'd call it development), as Thorfinn is still obsessed with killing him, refusing to learn from his dad and his revenge plot has absolutely nothing to do with what's going on currently in the show, making it even harder to be invested.

I disagree with your opinion about character development.

In E13 Canute is starting to get character development after we began following him in E10. Thorfinn isn't in the spotlight, but he's the reason Canute was pushed to the point where he was motivated to come out of his shell a little to defend himself. And Canute's development is significant because it's necessary for Askeladd's plans, arguable Vinland's most intriguing aspect currently. The story could progress faster, but it's steadily gaining steam, nonetheless.
Oct 11, 2019 9:54 AM
Aug 2018
Slow pace maybe. And the fact that there are no waifus for the average anime fan. Not to mention the setting is from the Viking era. One of my friend refused to watch it because he doesn't like history, especially Viking history. I tried telling him it's not at all about history. The setting is nothing but a perfect frame for a perfect picture painted. He's going to give it a shot. But maybe that's true for most casual anime fans. They think it's just history and invasions. And ig the trailers weren't as badass as they could have been. Thanks to Gigguk and some other popular youtubers, it's getting as much popularity as it is. But seriously, I think it would have been great if they had marketed Vinland better than they did. It deserves that much.
Oct 11, 2019 10:13 AM
Aug 2018
CorkMars said:
Not reaching Attack on Titan levels of popularity?? Are you ok? Is everything alright?

The answer is obvious! Vinland Saga is simply not good. Attack on Titan is good and can appeal to a far wider audience. AoT has more realistic characters despite a fantasy setting, far better cg, better music, and an interesting plot full of mystery. When I watch AoT its because I have lots of things I'm curious about and want to fund out!! Vinland on the other hand has no stakes, no questions, and nothing remotely interesting about it to speak of!! The only conflict established in 9 episodes is that OP kid wants to kill goatee guy but won't do it in his sleep because he wants to honor his father (let it be noted that truly honoring his father would mean giving up on the cycle of violence and forgoing this sort of revenge plot.) The animation sucks, the plot sucks, and the characters suck. I was excited for Vinland ever since it was announced! I thought it was a show with seemingly endless potential. Now I tell my friends not to bother watching it unless they're still operating on a Dragon Ball/ Bleach/ Prince of Stride level of horribly childish anime taste.

Please don't ask silly questions like this. If you actually think Vinland deserves to be one of the most popular anime of all time alongside AoT... Well there's really nothing I can do for you except laugh.
Lol. Ofc. Nothing beats a kiddo screaming for three seasons that he wants to kill Titans. Most characters in Vinland are well drawn. We have Askeladd who just wants peace for his people and the world. Even though he's a man who wouldn't mind any dirty business, he's the perfect portrayal of how the Danes were portrayed in the 19th century. Noble Savages. Uncorrupted, accepting humanity at its raw form, accepting what needs to be done no matter how painful. We have Thorfinn who believes in honour, a huge part of Viking's life. Although his vision is obscured by vengeance, he still holds that ideal upright in his heart. We have prince Canute, a timid wise lion. You'll get to see more of his character development in the later episodes. you'll get to see why he became the greatest Anglo-Saxon King of all times.
It pains me that you think curiosity is everything when it comes to anime. You have a taste, and it's a common taste. But Vinland isn't built to make you question. It's a world slowly unfolding before your eyes, focusing on wavering ideologies, thirst for power, revenge, honour, Valhalla, and most importantly, the fight. The fight between empires, between idelogies, for freedom, for revenge, for saving your people, for plain old survival.
Vinland Saga did justice to history. And it's clear as day that the studios and the creators poured their heart into it. The music is dope af. The animation looks pretty raw but sits well with the plot.
You don't have to be so harsh towards an anime well done just because you have a mainstream mindset.
Oct 11, 2019 2:10 PM

Dec 2018
Vortex7 said:
CorkMars said:

Lol. Ofc. Nothing beats a kiddo screaming for three seasons that he wants to kill Titans. Most characters in Vinland are well drawn. We have Askeladd who just wants peace for his people and the world. Even though he's a man who wouldn't mind any dirty business, he's the perfect portrayal of how the Danes were portrayed in the 19th century. Noble Savages. Uncorrupted, accepting humanity at its raw form, accepting what needs to be done no matter how painful. We have Thorfinn who believes in honour, a huge part of Viking's life. Although his vision is obscured by vengeance, he still holds that ideal upright in his heart. We have prince Canute, a timid wise lion. You'll get to see more of his character development in the later episodes. you'll get to see why he became the greatest Anglo-Saxon King of all times.
It pains me that you think curiosity is everything when it comes to anime. You have a taste, and it's a common taste. But Vinland isn't built to make you question. It's a world slowly unfolding before your eyes, focusing on wavering ideologies, thirst for power, revenge, honour, Valhalla, and most importantly, the fight. The fight between empires, between idelogies, for freedom, for revenge, for saving your people, for plain old survival.
Vinland Saga did justice to history. And it's clear as day that the studios and the creators poured their heart into it. The music is dope af. The animation looks pretty raw but sits well with the plot.
You don't have to be so harsh towards an anime well done just because you have a mainstream mindset.

Lol you've seen far less anime than me, you're favorite is Erased and you like Vinland Saga. I'm mainstream? Hm, okay. Also if you didn't;'t notice this series doesn't take place in the 19th century. It's okay if you just enjoy stupid fights and heavy breathing from an overpowered child MC. That may be very generic and childlike but you're allowed to like it's not the worst thing in the world. Just stop defending Vinland like it's high art and accept that it's generic shonen, and you like generic shonen. Vinland isn't doing anything that another anime hasn't done before and you'll see that when you watch a little more buddy.
Oct 11, 2019 2:11 PM

Dec 2018
Vortex7 said:
CorkMars said:

Also I just noticed that you gave Akame ga kill! a 10. I rest my case.
Oct 11, 2019 5:34 PM

Nov 2017
CorkMars said:
Vortex7 said:

Idiotic reply. Even if he gave SAO a 10 you still lose in this argument.
Oct 11, 2019 5:41 PM

Feb 2019
Oh yeah, this thread still exists. Time to grab some popcorn.
Oct 11, 2019 6:15 PM

Dec 2018
LalatinaDarkness said:
CorkMars said:

Okay Mr. Lalatina Darkness. I will trust in you and your ultimate wisdom as the final authority over this opinion we disagree on. Thanks buddy
Oct 11, 2019 6:46 PM

Aug 2019
Vortex7 said:
Lol. Ofc. Nothing beats a kiddo screaming for three seasons that he wants to kill Titans. Most characters in Vinland are well drawn.

Don't get me wrong, I think Vinland Saga is really good, but as of yet, it's offered nothing that Attack on Titan hasn't already, aside from some intricate exploration of Askeladd's character in the last couple of episodes.

The MC's motivations in both are fairly simple (at their respective points in the anime) and Vinland's story hasn't got me immersed yet. So it's easy to appreciate why it isn't catching on like AoT did, especially if you're an anime-only.

Having read the manga, I know what happens in Vinland and Thorfinn develops into one of the best protagonists I've seen in Manga/Anime, but there is a particular point in his story that you will either love or hate. Certainly not one for those that love balls-to-the-wall action.
Oct 11, 2019 6:49 PM

Nov 2015
Attack on titan is a shonen and this is not.
Shonen anime are more popular
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Oct 11, 2019 7:09 PM

Nov 2017
xenosys said:
Vortex7 said:
Lol. Ofc. Nothing beats a kiddo screaming for three seasons that he wants to kill Titans. Most characters in Vinland are well drawn.

Don't get me wrong, I think Vinland Saga is really good, but as of yet, it's offered nothing that Attack on Titan hasn't already, aside from some intricate exploration of Askeladd's character in the last couple of episodes.

The MC's motivations in both are fairly simple (at their respective points in the anime) and Vinland's story hasn't got me immersed yet. So it's easy to appreciate why it isn't catching on like AoT did, especially if you're an anime-only.

Having read the manga, I know what happens in Vinland and Thorfinn develops into one of the best protagonists I've seen in Manga/Anime, but there is a particular point in his story that you will either love or hate. Certainly not one for those that love balls-to-the-wall action.

The difference is that Thorfinn isn't the only MC in this season at least. Having watched all episodes available (anime-only here), he'll be sidelined from this point until the last ep. One of the common criticisms from people because they're too fixated with his revenge story.

CorkMars said:
LalatinaDarkness said:

Okay Mr. Lalatina Darkness. I will trust in you and your ultimate wisdom as the final authority over this opinion we disagree on. Thanks buddy

Yeah you should because I gave Akame ga Kill a 3/10 and my opinion on forums doesn't matter if I gave it more than 5
Oct 11, 2019 7:18 PM

Oct 2013
Old_School_Akira said:
Attack on titan is a shonen and this is not.
Shonen anime are more popular

Tokyo ghoul is a seinen but yet it was really popular like other shounen series, it really doesn't matter.
Oct 11, 2019 7:18 PM
Jun 2016
najumobi said:
DupeusT31 said:

I disagree with your opinion about character development.

In E13 Canute is starting to get character development after we began following him in E10. Thorfinn isn't in the spotlight, but he's the reason Canute was pushed to the point where he was motivated to come out of his shell a little to defend himself. And Canute's development is significant because it's necessary for Askeladd's plans, arguable Vinland's most intriguing aspect currently. The story could progress faster, but it's steadily gaining steam, nonetheless.
When he starts acting like a leader I can call that development. I was just calling out the absurdity of that person's comment saying that VS had already more character development than aot s1 when in reality it had barely any yet.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2019 7:27 PM
Jun 2016
Vortex7 said:
CorkMars said:

Vortex7 said:
CorkMars said:

Lol. You criticize the mainstream mindset but it's exactly what you have by misinterpreting Eren's character so bad. The last time Eren said he wanted kill all the titans was in season one. He matured much faster than Thorfinn actually.
Oct 12, 2019 3:20 AM

Aug 2014
Thread locked

Thread devolved into baiting and ranting about completely unrelated shows. Clearly time for this mess to be closed.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2019

352 by Herrior »»
Apr 23, 11:47 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2019

795 by Lawgun »»
Apr 23, 3:43 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2019

391 by ecklonia »»
Apr 15, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

271 by Fibyu »»
Apr 10, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2019

259 by JustAnotherShiro »»
Mar 24, 2:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.