Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2019 5:22 AM

Jun 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this OVA was hilarious and now I'm only looking even more forward to the next season.
The first half was really funny and I enjoyed the janken part the most and the scene after that with akari's surprise birthday party was so sweet <3

I wish Akari's sister would share her akari collection with me.

Oct 6, 2019 5:41 AM

Aug 2013
seeing Akari got hype is the most gorgeous thing I've seen this week

English is my second language
Oct 6, 2019 6:17 AM

Jul 2017
OVA was 30 mins long damn
Oct 6, 2019 7:24 AM

Nov 2018
Wasn't it supposed to be released in November?

Lmao more than Akarin herself, her outfit was shining.
Himawari looked at Sakurako as if she was asking for permission from her girlfriend.
Chinatsu's cookies are fearsome.
Akari's wig. I'll pretend I didn't see that. for her sake too.
Maid Himawari was cute.
Sakurako loves Himawari so much lol. And its mutual too. Best ship of this series as always.
Ikeda's tsukkomi was cute.
+1 hyper Akari is so cute. +2 even cuter. +3 and she became dark I loved that too. +4 is crazily lovable. +5 and wow. Someone save her. It's alright Akari you are best yuru yuri girl.
Oh I am glad she got the spotlight she deserves. Great OVA.
Oct 6, 2019 9:28 AM

Sep 2009
A Blu-ray Disc of the OVA was delivered on September 18 to backers who participated in a related crowdfunding campaign.
It's retail sale started on November 13.
Oct 6, 2019 12:03 PM

Mar 2019
so good to see our girls back...had a lot of fun while watching it, definitely missed Yuru Yuri, although Mini Yuri is still on going but not really the same.
Kyouko always with best party ideas, I need to use that in my parties too
Oct 6, 2019 2:29 PM

Feb 2011
This was great. I had a smile on my face during the entire episode. I really missed Yuru Yuri, we need a new season.
Oct 6, 2019 9:52 PM

Feb 2017
They didn't mention any new season for akari!? Mooooo ❜( ” 3 ”)❜

Himawari's voice is the same? I heard that the person who lent him the voice is now happily married.
The truly intelligent person is one who can pretend to be a fool in front of a fool who pretends to be intelligent.
Oct 7, 2019 9:35 AM

Mar 2018
Gosh, my sides... I lost it when Akari acted like a broken retard in that rock-paper-scissor punishment game. Her VA should get some award for her performance with that. Even Kyoko and Sakurako couldn't handle her lol

And why dafuq is this "Status: not yet aired"? Go home MAL, you're drunk.

Oct 7, 2019 10:12 AM

Dec 2017
was some good shit. the quality was even better than i remember it to be. also, a pleasant surprise to see it being out earlier than it should be, really nice

the scene with the reminiscence of all the previous seasons kinda hit me in the feels. mini yuri is just not enough right now, so look forward to s4

Oct 7, 2019 7:14 PM

Jan 2011
it's been 10 years damn looking bad we had a lot of yuru yuri so this was still a nostiagc treat

was decent until hyper Akari it made me lose my shit i was dying and turns out she was too! lol animation was real good so it sold a lot of the bit as well.

nice twist after all theses years to finally acknowledge Akari
Oct 7, 2019 11:00 PM

Nov 2007
Andres_creig said:
Himawari's voice is the same? I heard that the person who lent him the voice is now happily married.
Himawari's voice actor is Suzuko Mimori.
She got married a few months ago.
She is still active with roles for Revue Starlight (Hikari) and Love Live (Umi) with live events for both confirmed on Nov 3rd, Mid Jan and early July.
She is also currently acting in a stage performance of West Side Story.
Oct 8, 2019 12:36 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
If anime time proceeded like real time does then these girls would be in their mid 20s by now. Feelsweirdman

Always nice to see them back though, however briefly it may be. Still arguably the best CGDCT show out there
Oct 8, 2019 2:58 PM
Oct 2016
Hyper Akari is one of the funniest things I've ever seen in anime.
Ichigo did nothing wrong.
Oct 10, 2019 12:41 PM

May 2017
So much waiting for only 30 more minutes of Yuru Yuri... yes, every second worth the damn grief. Happy 10th anniversary 💗
    CARP 9/12/18 Eterno
Oct 10, 2019 6:00 PM

Oct 2018
I wonder how hard it is for the VA to portray Akari going crazy and still having a cute comfy voice.
Oct 11, 2019 7:15 AM

May 2009
It was so much better than that borefest 3rd season by TYO. Of course still far from GODa Kobo level.
Oct 11, 2019 11:59 PM

Jun 2017
Kyouko's smile always gets me.

Oct 12, 2019 12:49 PM

Jan 2018
I NEED MORE. don't they make 10mil yen from the campaign or something
Oct 19, 2019 1:02 PM

Apr 2013
A K-On reference !!! In 2019 !! Wild.

I love these girls so much. I'm glad we still get content. I laughed a lot while watching it.
Also it had some good bits of animation, especially during the rock paper scissors part, which was also very cool.

I loved this OVA. It was a great celebration for its 10th anniversary. Happy birthday, Yuru Yuri !
Oct 24, 2019 12:03 PM
Jul 2018
Season 4 when????
Oct 26, 2019 9:48 AM

Sep 2019
It was quite a good episode. I've enjoyed it even tho it wasn't anything special but seeing the old yuru Yuri makes me happy :)
Oct 29, 2019 6:38 AM

Aug 2011
Truly one of the few series of CGDCT I can enjoy nowadays.
That caveman part was so cute !

Uho, Uho Hoo~ !
Nov 3, 2019 3:45 PM
Jul 2013
Wow! This OVA resembled much more to the first seasons then the third one!
I'm so happy I was able to watch it, and I would even like to donate, even in retrospect, to the creator of this great OVA.
Do you know why it only got 7.6?
Nov 8, 2019 11:26 PM
Jun 2016
I remember making a blog post on this OVA when it was announced and it had previews. I was mostly talking about the art style that the new studio would use. In summary, TYO did a good job with the previous season and OVA movie, but Doga Kobo's simplier character designs somewhat just fits this anime better?

Seeing the first few seconds of this OVA and I can already liking the current studio's (Lay-duce) job. Which is actually something that I've expected since I've seen an episode or two of Release the Spyce, another anime produced by that studio with Namori as the character designer. I've thought to myself: "Hey, I think the character designs here would be pretty perfect for Yuru Yuri. Just a little less dark (the anime had a 'darker' design than YRYR)." Anyways, back to YRYR. I think Lay-duce's designs are a perfect balance between Doga Kobo's and TYO's character designs? I mean, I can definitely see that it's adding upon Doga Kobo's.

Yui and Chinatsu playing cavemen is a little surprising, lol. Kyouko must be so powerful!

"Sounds a bit too normal." Ah, that's the Kyouko I know and love.

Honestly, I'll probably never get tired of the boob jokes this show has.

Oh, and they apparently have smartphones now, not that I've noticed if they had those in the previous seasons.

Damn, they've actually broke the 4th wall here twice. I mean, they did so in the previous seasons as well, but they explicitly say that it's the 10th anniversary. Just saying.

Even Kyouko and Sakurako are both afraid! In all seriousness, yeah, I'd expect them to be the least afraid of Akari while playing that Rock, Paper & Scissors game. That makes me wonder, what if it were Kyouko and Sakurako losing instead? I can just imagine. Also, it's nice to see they've actually reused an insert song from a previous season finale (I think), which is called "Minna Daisuki no Uta". Also, it's nice to see that the previous seasons are being referenced as well (i.e. Sakurako showing a flashback to Akari). But that makes we wonder if the studio animated those scenes again or if they just reused and edited the clips. I think it's more likely that they've animated those, again? Since that would have been a copyright problem?

This means that this episode canonically happened on the 23rd to 24th of July or so, since that's Akari's birthday. Also, damn. Such a nice OVA. Hope we see more of Yuru Yuri in the future! Definitely my favourite anime in the kirara-kei (CGDCT) genre, if not, of all time!

Yeah, I knew it! I knew it was Akane that volunteered when Kyouko said that. Also, this confirms that she and Akane talks to each other. Since I believe someone in the YRYR wiki speculated that they talk to each other.
Nov 19, 2019 2:31 PM
Aug 2014
This was the BEST YY episode ever made! I loved 100% of it from start to finish! What an animation budget! They did the "silent" episode opening again, and it was great again! I will get on my knees and please whoever it takes to get season 4 made.
Dec 2, 2019 2:28 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
It definitely brought some nostalgia, been a long time since I started watching the series, and at least 2 years since I finished S3, enjoyed this more than I thought, despite some really silly animations (was done on a budget probably, more so than previous seasons).

It feels odd to hear them acknowledging it has been years.
Also on the topic, this series 10th anniversary was last year, not this one!

Would love an S4...

8.1/10 = 8

bastek66 said:
It was so much better than that borefest 3rd season by TYO. Of course still far from GODa Kobo level.

S3 was the best season yet, I dunno if I would recommend the series to someone that seems to not like yuri, cuz S3 was heavy on it, and I can't really see a fan of that, saying it was boring.
Dec 20, 2019 9:53 AM
Jan 2018
oh, I'm so impressed with the wig style has a simmilarity from Release the Spyce
Love the art of the author, Great OVA! so,next season..
Dec 21, 2019 9:06 AM

Dec 2012
AAAAHHHHH LOSING IS SO FUNNNNNNNNNNN -Akari

-also me when having a losing streak in any game.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Dec 22, 2019 4:30 PM

May 2014
teared up at the end ngl
"My name is John Locke, and I'm responsible
for the well being of this Island"
Jan 6, 2020 10:42 PM

Jul 2016
It feels absolutely fulfilling to see my precious daughter Akari finally being acknowledged without the episode being a joke.

Both funny and sweet OVA overall.

7/10 - Season 4 when?
Feb 7, 2020 9:01 AM

Feb 2019
Some topsy turvy prehistoric yuru yuri at the start lol.

Prehistoric yuru yuri version of toothbrush scene lmao.

Everything chinatsu touches turns into mosiac. She's surely not the one to be underestimated.

Kyoko with her usual quirkiness with wig and stuff. Love how she triggered chinatsu.

Akariin's wig was the funniest. Also love the group photo they took together

Everybody gangtsa till akariin gets angry and starts asking questions.

The birthday celebration was really heartwarming. It's nice to see akariin being the star for once.

Also nice to see best siscon in the world having some screen time.

Akariin stole the spotlight. Just give her enough screen time and then only greatness awaits.
May 1, 2020 9:41 AM

Jul 2012
It has been quite some time watching Yuru Yuri. Akarin!!! Like the episode, the profession game and hyper Akari =) I feel like it might be a bit slow as today's show, but won't mind 4th season.
The barrel roll scene is still one of my most memorable scenes from all the anime i watched =/
7/10
Jun 27, 2020 6:21 AM

Sep 2018
Pleasant to watch both for fans and for those who are not, just a pity that it lasts too little, time has literally flown and it seemed as if it lasted as long as a canonical episode of about twenty-four minutes. Although Akari's character is not exactly the protagonist, it is good to see that in the end she is not merely a spare tire in the narrative. I'm just sorry that there are not the other characters from the anime series, oh well! At least Akari's sister has been seen. I hope to see some other season of this show, I love it too much, after so many years that I follow it. The quality of the drawings and the animations are quite good, the ending is very catchy.

Real rating is 7/10, the fan rating is 8/10. The heart is not controlled. <3
Terrablu2018Jun 27, 2020 6:24 AM
Jul 30, 2020 8:18 PM

May 2017
Do not watch this directly after finishing season 3. That's my recommendation.

As we all know, the direction shifts pretty noticeably from season 2 to Nachuyachumi and season 3 with the change in studio, causing the show to feel noticeably way more personal and heartwarming than the first two seasons.

Not to say that the first two seasons are bad or anything; I enjoyed them! It's just that the change in studio and direction for Nachuyachumi and beyond created an even deeper connection to the characters for me. Going from that style of direction to this, which takes after the first two seasons moreso, is a huge immersion-breaker.

If you're looking for something more serious-toned like season 3, don't watch this immediately after season 3, because you won't get what you're looking for.
Sep 18, 2020 8:12 AM

Feb 2013
Happy birthday Akarin.
Nov 16, 2020 7:22 PM
Aug 2012
They returned to the old animation from season 1 & 2

Some low quality animation and Off model characters but is Yuru Yuri At heart!i hope to see a new season
Nov 18, 2020 11:18 PM

Jun 2009
I was glad that the art design was much more colorful again. Definitely prefer this over the way season 3 looked. Finally Chitose looked like herself again.
Jan 12, 2021 8:33 PM

Sep 2020
Aaaaawn so cute!!!
That was a beautiful ending, for sure.

Akarin is happy, I'm happy
Mar 17, 2021 3:27 AM

Feb 2020
It was great as always. This is my absolutely favorite CGDCT of all time. :)

I want a fourth season. <3

SerafosMay 10, 2022 8:41 AM
Apr 6, 2021 6:53 PM

Jan 2021
Caveman Akari has made my day. Yuru Yuri is my salvation, it makes my day everytime I watch it. This is one of the only CGDCT shows I actually enjoy (the others are Machikado Mazoku and New Game). Yuru Yuri delivers so much more in terms of comedy.
Anyway, I hope season 4 comes out soon ( =3= )
SpicelitApr 30, 2022 10:35 AM
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Apr 7, 2021 5:49 PM

Jan 2020
This was an amusing little OVA, though I think peak Yuru Yuri is still San Hai. I do hope they end up creataing another season though, it has been awhile since we've had a proper amount of Yuru Yuri.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

May 20, 2021 11:51 AM

Aug 2018
Everyone is good at something, sweet.. ;P Like Yui at getting fire.. Kyouko at fishing.. Akari at collecting berries and making flowers.. Akari's are quite feminine things she's good at, by the way, it seems.. ;P Not sure, what Chinatsu is good at.. Maybe she'd be good at killing someone, lol.. Like mammoth, or something, I don't know..
These hairstyles are probably references to other anime series, I'd guess.. But I can't recognize any..
Oh, impression cards seems like a fun idea.. ;P
Lol, what, statue?.. ;D Nice surprise.. ;P
Chitose's fantasies are the best.. ;P I imagine, she is probably good girl in relationship as well, fufu.. ;P
No, Akari, don't die.. ;/
This anime is both great at slice of life comedy and drama.. Enjoyable OVA.. ;P
Nov 28, 2021 1:36 AM

Aug 2020
Great 10th anniversary episode. Happy birthday Akarin!

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Apr 4, 2022 4:05 PM

Sep 2018
Holy shit, Akari losing her mind at the end of the episode was fricking hilarious, yandere Akari...

Plenty of sequels getting announced from popular shows, hoping for the 4th season news one day...
Apr 5, 2022 1:28 PM

Aug 2016
i love this anime i wish there were even more episodes it's great 10/10
May 10, 2022 9:59 AM

Feb 2020
Re-watching this.

They were so cute in those caveman outfits. ^_^

Those wigs were hilarious.

Akari's surprise birthday party was so heartwarming. She really deserved to stole the spotlight in this last episode. :)

Lol @ Akane at the end. x3
Apr 21, 2023 9:14 AM
Mar 2018
So himawari and Akari first meet at school same as episode 11 season 2 where akari time travel back to 1 year, that himawari and akari erase future akari text on the table.

anyone noticed it?
Sep 12, 2023 8:05 PM

Dec 2009
Original Notes of 2020:

More topics from this board

» And the award for the dumbest use of punctuation in a title goes to...

vytah - May 5, 2018

13 by Gegenschein »»
Jun 9, 2023 2:48 PM

» Possibility of a 4th season

Antagonized - Dec 9, 2018

11 by MeguSae38 »»
Jun 4, 2023 1:58 AM

» Who is the Best main Yuru? In Yuru Yuri

Royron32 - Jan 18, 2022

3 by Spicelit »»
May 24, 2022 7:28 PM

» Anniversary event

mickal777 - Mar 3, 2019

4 by waalex11 »»
Apr 6, 2020 11:22 PM

» Am I the only one pissed off that donators uploaded the OVA to the internet?

HunLepto - Oct 17, 2019

5 by HunLepto »»
Oct 17, 2019 8:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.