Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 9, 2019 2:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not bad, there's the exploration of school life this episode. Madoka also seems to be showing her kind side to Sora by giving him that bento.

Compared to the first episode, this one continously fleshes out Sora's personality as a person. I admire his determination tbh. I mean practicing 1000+ shots per day?! Damn! This show also seems to have some pretty tough characters, kinda like how schools are supposed to be. Seems they're also fleshing out a bit of Madoka and Momoharu's characters more.
Stark700Oct 9, 2019 4:00 AM
Oct 9, 2019 4:13 AM
Sep 2015
Can someone tell that girl to stop feeding my boy her lunch? I'll be the only one to take care of his growth development, in height and his other area...
Oct 9, 2019 4:31 AM
Sep 2016
If there's one thing that I found a little strange was Madoka just sitting outside the basketball court for 4 hours listening to him do free throws. It's not a flaw or anything (if anything, Chiaki being pretty unlikable thus far is a flaw), but I just found it super odd. Maybe it's just the fact that I think most teenagers have better things to do. That's just me though.
It really do be like that though.

Oct 9, 2019 4:58 AM

Aug 2013
Sora shooting more than 1000 shots per day. Love that determination.

Oct 9, 2019 5:21 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, this was a compelling watch!

Savage kick there at the start but Sora is just too good even then, 27-0 God lord. 1000+ shots daily perhaps is an incredible feat but there's no saying that's enough, Madoka sure hit the spot there. Seriously though, why the heck would you waste 4 hours seeing someone practice, I'm not sure which is more incredible now lol.

Chiaki's little attempt at obtaining a raw bra totally failed lol, on the other hand. For a while there, I thought he didn't realise Sora's depth perception but it was good to see him referring back to that. Not surprised to hear that Motoharu and Chiaki 'quit' the sport but that short backstory was quite saddening to see.

"Motoharu's Wings" - Looks like we'll be seeing more of him in the courtyard from next episode onwards!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 9, 2019 5:28 AM

Oct 2017
Shooting 1000 times each day is just proof of how much Sora loves and wants to play basketball.

Motoharu is almost onboard, just a little more push and he will join Sora in his practice. Thou I wonder what will it take for Chiaki to join. Madoka is a gd girl, she seems to be interested in Sora and she even gave him that bento.
Oct 9, 2019 5:38 AM
Mar 2019
Good episode... I'm starting to like Sora even more... His determination is Unmatched!!!
I guess Chiaki is going to be the Kageyama of this series (Yeah yeah.. Ik Ahiru no Sora manga came before Haikyuu)
It was a pretty nice Character dev episode...
4/5
FanBoii
Oct 9, 2019 6:15 AM

Jul 2014
Shooting 3 pointers 1000+ shots per day, this boy has heart. I thought he'd be like the point guard cause of how we saw him dribble past the others like a breeze, but alas this kid is a shooting guard! well he can probably switch from SG and PG depending on his team.
I kinda found it... weird that Chiaki was just outside counting Sora's shots for like 4 hours.. had me all "...woah there..." well she did say she was interested in the guy but thats some weird ass dedication right there.
With that being said I'm curious with Sora's mom.. is she still sick and in the hospital? or... dead? on second thought don't answer that. I'll just wait and see how all of this unfolds.
4/5.
Oct 9, 2019 6:41 AM

Dec 2014
This is just fantastic, very compelling.

I'm loving all the Madoka shots especially the one on the rooftop. <3

Sora is awesome, he's got a lot of heart. Loving his passion and dedication to the sport. I also love how he just believes Momoharu will come to play with him, the final scene with Madoka telling him that was so good.

I can't wait for more.
Oct 9, 2019 7:05 AM

Jan 2017
I really like where this is going so far. We might finally get a proper basket anime since Slam Dunk.

Someone knows if it will be a 12 or 24+ episodes?
Oct 9, 2019 7:11 AM
Aug 2017
Dudi4PoLFr said:
I really like where this is going so far. We might finally get a proper basket anime since Slam Dunk.

I heard it will be a 4 cour meaning it will have 50 episodes. At least that's what I heard from other people buy my information may be unreliable
FridschteinOct 9, 2019 7:16 AM
Oct 9, 2019 7:13 AM

Jan 2017
Fridschtein said:
Dudi4PoLFr said:

I heard it will be a 4 cour meaning it will have 50 episodes

Hype overload! I was hoping for 26 ep but a whole 4 cour run would be a God sent!
Oct 9, 2019 7:22 AM

Aug 2017
Loving this episode, shows determination! Ahh I miss Sakuragi 😊😊😊
Excited for next week's episode 😁👍

Oct 9, 2019 8:05 AM

May 2018
Dudi4PoLFr said:

It's a four cour anime so it will be around 50 episodes.
Oct 9, 2019 8:06 AM

Jul 2017
Only 2 eps in and I already feel like this is gonna be like a Run with the Wind gem. Can already predict the hype when the whole team comes together. Only downside will be if this show decided to be 1-cour (or split cour)
Oct 9, 2019 8:13 AM

Nov 2016
The disrespect, tho. Would've paid them back big time for the kick. At least Momoharu has still a bit of respect for the game, even tho the flame of his passion seems to have burned out at this point. But Sora's sparking energy is about to reignite that fire anew.

Another very good episode. My favorite anime this season so far.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 9, 2019 8:17 AM

Dec 2018
damn, waiting a week between every ep will be tough :(
Oct 9, 2019 8:48 AM

Jun 2015
I REALLY ENJOY THIS ANIME

AS A FORMER BBAL PLAYER MYSELF I WANT TOO OPLAAAAAAY

10/10

ABSOLUTE BEST 2 EPS IVE SEEN SINCE BUTA YAROU
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Oct 9, 2019 9:44 AM

Jun 2016
for me this anime much way better than kuroko basket !!!

i can tell from 2 episode first , and i got the hype !!
Oct 9, 2019 9:47 AM

Jan 2016
Pretty decent second episode.

Although, why the heck is that guy trying so hard to be a pervert? Literally anyone would notice their bra is missing.
I 100% expected them to get caught.
Oct 9, 2019 11:19 AM

Jan 2019
holy lord, bring back so many memories that i used to be bbl player middle-high schooler before getting motorcycle accident.

1000 3p training tho, rofl.
back then even for 200 3p is enough to me, my arm starting to cant move xd.
cl_skinnyguyOct 9, 2019 11:23 AM
Oct 9, 2019 11:39 AM

Apr 2019
I hope it doesn't take long for them to form the team, good episode
Oct 9, 2019 11:58 AM

Aug 2019
Another good episode, could be my favourite new series this season.
Oct 9, 2019 12:04 PM

Jan 2016
not gonna lie, I laughed when he got kicked
Oct 9, 2019 12:59 PM

Apr 2016
A pretty good second episode. It gives me a Slam Dunk vibe but it’s too early to say something about that.
Oct 9, 2019 1:06 PM
May 2019
Solid episode once again. Hope the show keeps up. And that it doesn't goes Tsubasa's way that he's only real talented and has to carry his whole team. Also, it seems interesting that Chiaki keeps nagging his brother to play even tho he doesn't like the game.
Oct 9, 2019 1:23 PM

Feb 2014
Disappointed that they didn't get the bra.
Oct 9, 2019 1:50 PM
Apr 2013
So much for realism. When 2 people experienced in Basketball are dumb enough to not know how to play Murrey Ball and loose 27 points in a 1v5. At least Madoka should've been able to block... something. But well, 40% hits on Stepback Threes must be a myth, because as we all know already from anime like Kuroko, you can have a 100% shooting percentage from everywhere on the field, as long as you have a shitty enough explaination. The animation of Soras shots were especially ugly and unrealistic. Given is height and the distance, throwing the way he does would earn him air ball after air ball. Just nothing of the fluidity a shooter should have. Also Madoka calling out his 'interesting playstyle'. Clearly she never watched NBA before. Like, ever heard of Steph Curry? James Harden? Those might ring a bell. What might their playstyle be...? Drives... and 3pts? Weird...

Well, aside from this anime being completely wrong in nearly everything basketball related, it manages to tell a somewhat decent story, and Madoka stays cute. But this is a sports anime, so no romance involved. At best they end up having a crush without coming out, because that all important Interhigh will cockblock as usual.
Oct 9, 2019 2:34 PM

Mar 2019
phantomfandom said:
Can someone tell that girl to stop feeding my boy her lunch? I'll be the only one to take care of his growth development, in height and his other area...

are you yuri crusader's yaoi version?

also

common dude! put ur back into it and add some anime and stuff to the profile!! bring it to life! ╭☞( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)╭☞
my dark magical girl webseries
https://unsafemahoushoujo.wordpress.com/blog/
Oct 9, 2019 2:50 PM

Mar 2018
That boy shot 9/9 from 3pt land... Give that man a 4 year contract in the NBA, he shooting like Stephen Curry
Oct 9, 2019 3:42 PM

Jul 2009
Whether or not Sora actually shot 1022 shots or not isn't the real issue (ok it is but), the real issue is WHO WOULD ACTUALLY SIT THERE FOR 4 HOURS AND COUNT. Actually staying for 4 hours isn't unbelievable either but COUNTING???? That's why this is anime and not real life xD

This anime continues to be cliche but I like it anyway. Also Momoharu would actually be hot if she changed his damn hair (not back to his middle school hair tho, try something new dude)
Oct 9, 2019 5:20 PM

Jun 2015
Damnit, he was so close to the bra......
Oct 9, 2019 7:03 PM

Dec 2018
Nice episode, this series is really promising.
Oct 9, 2019 8:44 PM

Jul 2016
Girl please, at least don't leave your bra in the floor of a messy club room...

Nice second episode. In general, I really liked it though it's also true that I'm a bit disappointed they didn't show more of Sora owning those guys during their match.

Anyways, looking forward to next week. Really interested in seeing what they will do with Momoharu's character. Those dudes from the other school tho... I smell some payback in the future.
Oct 9, 2019 9:22 PM

Aug 2018
That fade away 3 point jump shot is lit... expecting no power2 basketball moves to this anime.. haha
Oct 9, 2019 10:03 PM

Oct 2008
1,000 shots per day? they mean all field goals?
that's an elite jump shooter huh...
thugs being thugs, for sure the three thugs that they brought down would make a wicked revenge...more trouble incoming!
4/5.

Oct 9, 2019 11:23 PM

Apr 2010
I liked it. Momoharu's backstory of working hard and just not having the talent is nice contrast from Sora. Wonder what Chiaki's backstory is?
Oct 10, 2019 1:47 AM

May 2019
Furthered the shonen thematic concerns in this ep, and developed the rest of the cast a little bit more.

Man, that outro in great.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Oct 10, 2019 1:52 AM

Jan 2013
I like that Sora is a closet pervert. Even Chiaki noted that he was being way too excited for the peek.

1000+ 3 pts a day is nuts. can't wait till we get actual ball games
Oct 10, 2019 2:22 AM

Oct 2009
Madoka: My curiosity got the better of me - sit there for 4 hours - counting how many balls Sora shot until 1022. - Excellent curiosity. 👏
Oct 10, 2019 3:33 AM

Sep 2018
Pretty enjoyable overall, but the lovable pervert trope is getting on my nerves.
Stop wasting time on MAL, go watch Planet With!
Oct 10, 2019 3:41 AM
Jun 2017
I am amazed by this episode and as a basketball fan, i have realized some things in todays episode..

• Sora is like steph curry- well Steph curry isnt the smallest PG in NBA but we do all agree he a thin and small PG but what he is doing (just like Sora) is that he is excelling in athleticism and of course 3 point shooting. Steph curry became a well known basketball player not just in USA, but in other parts of the world because if his playing style..

• many can relate with MOMOHARU- well you have the height and build, but sadly you dont have the skills especially in shooting. But well i do believe that constant practice and training can make a player a good one... (i mean just take a look at ben simmons- he is a good player but cant shoot some 3's not until yesterday where he hit his 1st 3 pointer in a pre season game. Well he did train months for that one)
Oct 10, 2019 3:52 AM

Jun 2011
LeSponge said:
(i mean just take a look at ben simmons- he is a good player but cant shoot some 3's not until yesterday where he hit his 1st 3 pointer in a pre season game. Well he did train months for that one)
Months is an understatement lol he's been at it for years, he's been in the league for like 2~3 years by now.

Play2X said:
Also Madoka calling out his 'interesting playstyle'. Clearly she never watched NBA before. Like, ever heard of Steph Curry? James Harden? Those might ring a bell. What might their playstyle be...? Drives... and 3pts? Weird...
The manga was first released in 2003 according to MAL, back then, Lebron James was just drafted, and you wanna talk about Steph and Harden.. Players simply don't shoot a lot of 3's back then. Also your point on 1v5 and giving up 27 points, remember they're not pro, they're high school players. Remember Lamelo scoring 93 points off cherry picking? Also, female players just aren't as physical or good as a male player, you watch the WNBA? Now switch the channel back to the NBA, huge difference. As for the animation part on the movement, it's the usual animation issue man, most sports anime have them, even the well known Kuroko no Basket is bad at the character movements during the game.
ToG25thBaamOct 10, 2019 3:57 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 10, 2019 6:34 AM
May 2019
Shooting those 1000+ shots was very unbelievable. I couldn't even handle shooting 100+ shots and he'll do it 10x what I could do. Well, those were a nice introduction for their character, especially for Momoharu and Sora. We'll have another Haruko here which is Madoka. It was a good introduction for their character, I'm hoping that this show will gradually get good each episode. I can't wait for the next episode, I'm hoping that this show will become as good as Slam Dunk. It slowly change my view about it wherein it will be good but not as good as Slam Dunk.
Oct 10, 2019 6:37 AM

Jul 2019
Loved it!!! this episode shows an important side of Madoka's background, what thing he's good at at basketball and why Mohamaru stopped playing and what's the thing he's good at at basket ball as well. it was an emotional episode tbh. again Loved it.

I'm starting to like the character animation style, it was kinda weird at the beginning but actually one you get used to wait you start to like it.

I think that Ahiru no Sora is going to be one of the best animu this season.

That old man surprised me with that bomb.

Oct 10, 2019 8:18 AM
Sep 2018
I really want to see the end from where this shits going. Madoka is cute
<3
Oct 10, 2019 8:49 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Shooting a 1000 shots is some Kobe Bryant type of dedication when it comes to basketball. Sora's fade away jumper was simply beautiful. I feel sorry for Momoharu because he used to like basketball, but he wasn't talented enough so he quit. Madoka is automatic best girl in this series.
Oct 10, 2019 1:15 PM
Apr 2013
ToG25thBaam said:
LeSponge said:
(i mean just take a look at ben simmons- he is a good player but cant shoot some 3's not until yesterday where he hit his 1st 3 pointer in a pre season game. Well he did train months for that one)
Months is an understatement lol he's been at it for years, he's been in the league for like 2~3 years by now.

Play2X said:
Also Madoka calling out his 'interesting playstyle'. Clearly she never watched NBA before. Like, ever heard of Steph Curry? James Harden? Those might ring a bell. What might their playstyle be...? Drives... and 3pts? Weird...
The manga was first released in 2003 according to MAL, back then, Lebron James was just drafted, and you wanna talk about Steph and Harden.. Players simply don't shoot a lot of 3's back then. Also your point on 1v5 and giving up 27 points, remember they're not pro, they're high school players. Remember Lamelo scoring 93 points off cherry picking? Also, female players just aren't as physical or good as a male player, you watch the WNBA? Now switch the channel back to the NBA, huge difference. As for the animation part on the movement, it's the usual animation issue man, most sports anime have them, even the well known Kuroko no Basket is bad at the character movements during the game.

The source is from 2003...? Oh, it really is. Well, damn, then it is really pretty early, especially when Shaq is still around and stuff. Well, that doesn't mean however, that the rest is wrong. Like you said yourself, these guys are no pros, and Madoka seems at least somewhat competent. And the blond haired dude, too. Barring braindamage no basketballplayer can't be dumb enough to not closely guard someone, who just stepback 3s you. Have Madoka and kinpatsu here guard Sora closely, while the three guys just stay in the paint, and in case foul. Not like they did that in the first attack or anything.
As for the animation, Kuroko did have awesome animation - in the first and last episode of each season at least ^^ In general I'd be happy if companies would perhaps a bit more in sport shows and especially the animation of those.
Oct 10, 2019 1:55 PM

Mar 2010
Better then the first episode but them peeping on the girls. That just grosses me out.

Blond guy seem the best guy so far and Madoka
Oct 10, 2019 3:55 PM
Mar 2019
This anime looks good already. Can’t wait for next weeks episode.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ahiru no Sora Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2020

77 by Henk-Devries »»
Feb 13, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Ahiru no Sora Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2019

45 by Hinata22525 »»
Nov 21, 2023 10:54 PM

Poll: » Ahiru no Sora Episode 26 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2020

37 by nightjasmine »»
Oct 12, 2023 1:51 AM

Poll: » Ahiru no Sora Episode 49 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2020

38 by mirco99 »»
Oct 8, 2023 2:57 PM

» Will there be a season 2 of Ahiru no Sora?

TheCryBabyHero - Jul 10, 2023

7 by DemiDaCactus »»
Aug 27, 2023 9:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.