Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 7, 2019 3:09 PM
Feb 2019
I at least listen to them once to know if it's good or not but most of the time, when I find an OP or ED that is great , I don't skip them.

I'd say skip them 60% of the time. Usually when I binge watch an anime to be updated (ex:One Piece) I just skip the OP&ED and the recap just to get str8 to the poin and watch the episode. Not cause the OPs are bad but just because I can listen to them whenever I want lol.

When it comes to weekly episodes I dont skip them tho.
At the moment I haven't skip one Fire Force and One Piece-Wano Kuni OP, they're just ABSOLUTE BANGERS.

Some people dont listen to them just because they dont wanna get spoiled by the visuals but hey, just close your eyes and listen to the fucking music. OPs are meant to be watch, dont blame me for enjoying the hard work put in those.

Oct 7, 2019 3:09 PM

Jul 2019
I skip them most of the time unless I really like the op or ending
Swagernator said:
God damn, another gay thread upon us.
Oct 7, 2019 3:11 PM

Oct 2018
I do. Every time.

Because they contain (massive) spoilers most of the time.
Oct 7, 2019 3:18 PM

Jun 2019
I love some OP & ED's (I've got a list of my favourite ones on my profile page), they can make or break a show, well maybe not break a show, but a good OP/ED can set the tone for a show and enhance the watching experience greatly.

That said, just because a show may have a great OP/ED, doesn't mean I want to watch it every single ep, particularly if I'm binge watching a show, as you can get sick of any track when you hear it too much.

I love the Netflix option to skip the OP/ED, although I will sit through good ones if I like them enough.
Oct 7, 2019 3:27 PM

Apr 2016
I skip the OP if I don't find it entertaining.

I almost always skip the ED.
Oct 7, 2019 6:00 PM

Aug 2019
I only skip OP when im at work and i usually skip the ED because i want to watch the next episode ASAP
Oct 7, 2019 6:03 PM

Dec 2017
I usually watch them once to see if I like them. If I do, I watch them, if I'm not too thrilled I'll skip them.
Oct 7, 2019 7:09 PM
Dec 2018
If it's a original show or a show which I didn't read the LN/Manga before I always skip the OP/ED.

Sadly Anime have a long history of spoiling the best moments in the OP.
Oct 7, 2019 7:14 PM

Aug 2011
I always watch the OP and ED at least once, but I'll usually skip them after that. If I really enjoy one or both of them, I might watch them again after that, now and then, but I can't think of any series that I watched the OP and ED in every single episode.
Oct 7, 2019 7:17 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Gytanzo said:
Usually, no. Only OP I ever skipped was My Hero Academia's third OP.

Bruh, that's the best OP from MHA tho
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 7, 2019 7:57 PM

Jan 2018
i only skip them if i don't like them, which is most of the time lol
Oct 7, 2019 8:03 PM

Jan 2016
No because I love music and some of these openings and for the most part, endings are absolute bops.
Oct 7, 2019 8:09 PM

Sep 2017
DatRandomDude said:
Gytanzo said:
Usually, no. Only OP I ever skipped was My Hero Academia's third OP.

Bruh, that's the best OP from MHA tho

the first and second completely annihilate that sad excuse of an op. i heard it grew on some people, which is awesome, but it just got more and more irritating for me.
Oct 7, 2019 8:19 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Skipping both the OPs and EDs is like peeing at the urinal with both your pants and your underwear pulled all the way down

so no
ManabanOct 7, 2019 8:22 PM

Oct 7, 2019 9:09 PM

Jan 2019
I listen to them the first time. If they're good, I listen to them every episode. If they're not, I skip them. Simple as that.
You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become irrelevant.
Oct 7, 2019 9:23 PM

Dec 2018
I never skip the OP/ED of the first and last episode or next to last cause nowadays I notice they don't show OP in the last episode only the song's playing in the end

"O kawaii koto"
( ´• ᴗ •` )

I wish i could love myself~

Oct 8, 2019 4:25 AM
Oct 2019
only one piece OP cuz they’re too long
Oct 8, 2019 5:13 AM

May 2015
at first episodes, I don't skip them. And then at later episodes I skip them completely

Oct 8, 2019 5:14 AM

Sep 2019
I usually skip the ending, but listen to it once.

With the OP, I usually flip between skip and watch. It really depends on how I feel at the time. Sometimes, I just want to get to the action (especially if I got dinner ready). The only difference is if I really like it; then I'll most likely watch it always.
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Oct 8, 2019 5:21 AM

Jul 2012
Watch once or twice. Then skip.

Usually leave ED on when writing MAL episode comment.

If I like the song, I download or stream the full versions on my own time.
Oct 8, 2019 6:44 AM

Oct 2017
sayurlodeh said:
only one piece OP cuz they’re too long

said it before I did!
One Piece most of the time has the long recap after the OP as well.
It adds up to 6 minutes into the episode you need to skip. its the worst

in short, I only skip One Piece openings
Oct 8, 2019 6:46 AM

Sep 2008
every time unless it's really goddamn good.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Oct 8, 2019 6:49 AM
Dec 2018
I used To Skip Them But now i watch every Opening & endings. I even Download the song if it seems Good To me
Oct 8, 2019 6:50 AM

Sep 2019
I watch (almost) all openings except for fate/stay night (studio deen) and sometimes one piece
one piece
episode 321
15:46 (or 16:33)
you're welcome
Oct 8, 2019 6:59 AM

Oct 2018
Sometimes I skip openings and I almost always skip the ending theme.
Oct 8, 2019 7:14 AM
Ecchi_no_Ou

Oct 2018
Never skipped and never will do such a thing.

There are a lot of good openings and endings both on the animation side and music themes and for me, it's a way to show your appreciation for the Studio, Artists and Cast's work.

Here's a fine example in my opinion:
Hinamatsuri - amazing Anime
Opening and Ending Themes - Distance and Sake to Ikura to 893 to Musume
Oct 8, 2019 7:20 AM

Jul 2019
I just listen (not watch), then I skip it bc I don't want to see all the characters and some scenes before the actual episode. but I listen to OP/ED on YT
Oct 8, 2019 8:59 AM

Aug 2016
Only if I don't care too much for the song otherwise I sing along every time. I do always listen to each OP and ED at least once though.
Oct 8, 2019 9:39 AM
Jul 2018
It really depends on the OP and ED but normally if it's seasonal I wont skip either unless I don't care for them. If I'm binging then to save time I will skip both. I normally download songs I like so after awhile watching the OPs and EDs I really enjoy are not necessary anyway.
Oct 8, 2019 9:47 AM

Jul 2013
Short answer, yes! and music like all entertainment is subjective. Subjectively, most anime intros or endings are still annoying as hell. Objectively, they are mostly a marketing scheme for J-pop.
Kurt_IrvingOct 8, 2019 9:50 AM
Oct 8, 2019 9:59 AM

Nov 2015
Respecting everyone but those who skip them are bunch of id*** , I mean , why are you an anime fan and use MAL if you actually skip openings?
Nov 2, 2019 5:09 AM
Sep 2019
Nubiellee said:
Well sometimes I let it play in the background while I do something else, if that counts.
Same. I usually watch anime in background while I’m doing something else these days. So yeah, I do that too
Ya boy is going to Con Alt Delete 2020! See you there!

Nov 2, 2019 5:10 AM

Aug 2019
rommelcedric said:
Nubiellee said:
Well sometimes I let it play in the background while I do something else, if that counts.
Same. I usually watch anime in background while I’m doing something else these days. So yeah, I do that too

why tho ?

ffhfhfhsdhfafsfafsdfdont mind me just filling the character count
Nov 2, 2019 5:40 AM

Oct 2019
I generally watch the entire intro and outro of the 1st episode, and then skip them for the rest. If the intro outro changes during the course of show, I watch the new ones and skip after as well. Sometimes if I'm doing something and too lazy to skip, I just let it play out.
Nov 2, 2019 5:42 AM

Oct 2019
Ahri-is-cute said:
Respecting everyone but those who skip them are bunch of id*** , I mean , why are you an anime fan and use MAL if you actually skip openings?

Because some people are after the content itself, and just don't waste time on the opening that's the exact same for every episode
Nov 2, 2019 5:58 AM

Mar 2017
I only skip the openings if I absolutely cannot wait to see what happens next when there is a huge cliffhanger in the previous episode during binge sessions. The other exception is when the opening plays for way too many episodes, and the only example I can think of there is with One Piece. When I was watching through it, I'd skip the opening every couple of episodes after hearing it a few times. I usually only listen to the endings the first time, and then just go to the next episode every other time. If it's a show that's still airing, I won't skip the endings though.
My Candies:
Nov 2, 2019 6:04 AM

Dec 2017
Most openings are good enough to be unskipped. I usually skip hard rock or boring trash. 40% of openings are skipped by me.
Nov 2, 2019 6:06 AM

Jun 2017
I have only ever skipped one opening which was Baki the Grappler OP 2. The CGI was horrible and the song wasn't the best either. For the most part for endings I only listen to them entirely once or twice then I skip them, I think the only ED that I would listen to all the way through every time was Naruto Shippuden ED 15. I loved the song and the sparring sessions Naruto had with each of the characters were cool to look at.

ManaphyNov 2, 2019 6:33 AM
Nov 2, 2019 6:16 AM

Oct 2019
I would at least watch it once (usually on last ep, or 1 ep before that) so I don't get any possible spoiler. If I find the song enjoyable for my taste I would just look for the music separately.
Nov 2, 2019 6:19 AM

May 2019
Would only skip the opening and ending in case they happen to be a pain in my ears, or if I've seen it a hundred times already.
Nov 2, 2019 10:59 PM
Sep 2019
actuallyaadhi said:
rommelcedric said:

why tho ?

ffhfhfhsdhfafsfafsdfdont mind me just filling the character count

Because I've got stuff to do but I still gotta get my anime fill. Haha.
Ya boy is going to Con Alt Delete 2020! See you there!

Nov 2, 2019 11:49 PM

Feb 2014
Almost always. For one, most openings have way too many spoilers for plot and characters that are yet to be introduced and their relationship with the current characters. I prefer to know about those things by watching the actual show. Most opening/endings also look and sound pretty generic, with the same formulaic Jpop/Jrock songs with ugly, jarring key changes, making them sound like they were slapped together using pieces of 2-3 different songs. And since I marathon most anime, they're a waste of time and watching them, even the ones I like, gets pretty repetitive and tedious.
Nov 3, 2019 12:48 AM

Oct 2013
Only if I find them exremely annoying.
Oct 11, 2020 10:12 AM
Jul 2020
If I'm going to watch like all 750 eps of Naruto then yeah. BUT I DON'T SKIP IT IF IT IS A NEW OPENING AND ENDING and if it's lit like Blue Bird, Sign and Silhouette.
Oct 11, 2020 10:19 AM

Oct 2019
What I do for most anime is that every time I sit down to watch I let the Op play. If I’m going to watch more than 1 episode that time around, I will only play for the first episode I see. However for the most part I never skip any OP no matter how many eps I see. I do skip endings. For new endings I will just listen to the whole thing once and never again lol
Unless I really like it
Oct 11, 2020 10:20 AM

Nov 2019
I watch every Opening at least once, rarely do I watch the ending unless the song gets me during the first few seconds.

If I don't like the opening I skip it and if I like it I don't, plain and simple.
Everyone could use some One Piece in their life.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would you be in favor of tipping Crunchyroll for every anime you complete on their platform?

Dije - 1 hour ago

18 by Lhundrup »»
12 seconds ago

» Hottest character from any of your Anime Favorites OR Character Favorites? (profile)

IpreferEcchi - 53 minutes ago

3 by Rhaelynne »»
16 minutes ago

» Characters that ya think are a Genderbent You

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

18 by IpreferEcchi »»
44 minutes ago

» Frieren fans, let's settle for the best couple

epsilono - 2 hours ago

7 by Kushna »»
51 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

74 by MitsukiHimeka »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.