Forum Settings
Forums

'Strike the Blood' Gets Fourth OVA Series, Special OVA in 2020

New
Oct 5, 2019 11:46 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013

The Dengeki Bunko Aki no Namahousou Festival event announced a fourth original video anime series and a special episode for Gakuto Mikumo's Strike the Blood light novel on Sunday. Titled Strike the Blood IV, the new series will be released in six volumes, each containing two episodes.

The first volume of the fourth series will debut on March 25, 2020. The subsequent volumes will release on June 24, 2020; September 30, 2020; December 23, 2020; March 24, 2021; and June 30, 2021.

A key visual for the special original video episode, subtitled Kieta Seisou-hen, was also revealed (pictured right). Warner Bros. Japan will ship the special episode on January 29, 2020.

J-rock band Kishida Kyoudan & The Akeboshi Rockets and voice actress Risa Taneda, who voices the female protagonist Yukina Himeragi, will perform the opening and ending theme, "Akatsuki no Kaleido Blood" and "Dear My Hero," respectively. The main staff and cast will reprise their roles from the previous anime installments. Connect will once again produce both original video anime.

Dengeki Bunko began publishing the school action fantasy novel in 2011, featuring illustrations by Manyako. The 15th volume marked the ending of the series' first part in May 2016, and the second part followed with the 16th volume in December that year. Kadokawa published the 20th volume on June 8.

A manga adaptation by TATE ran in Dengeki Daioh between June 2012 and December 2016. The tenth and final volume was published in February 2017.

The first anime adaptation, covering the first six volumes, aired over two quarters beginning Fall 2013. A two-part original video anime based on an original story by Mikumo shipped in 2015. Silver Link. and Connect returned to co-produce a second original video anime series, which was distributed between November 2016 and May 2017. The eight-episode series spanned four Blu-ray and DVD volumes and adapted volumes nine through twelve.

The third original video anime series, entirely produced by Connect, debuted in December 2018 and ended with ten episodes on September 25. The latest series covered up to the 17th volume, as well as the Seisen-hen (Holy War arc).

Discotek Media licensed the television anime in North America and released it on Blu-ray and DVD in November 2016. Yen Press licensed both the light novel and manga adaptation in English in January 2015 and published the 12th light novel volume on May 21, with the 13th volume scheduled for an October 15 release. The tenth and final manga volume went on sale in April 2018.

Announcement

Official site: http://www.strike-the-blood.com/fourth/
Novel special site: https://dengekibunko.jp/special/stb/

Source: Dengeki Online

Strike the Blood IV & Strike the Blood: Kieta Seisou-hen on MAL
NaruleachOct 6, 2019 10:54 PM

Oct 5, 2019 11:49 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
About darn time for me to catch up to this series.

Congratulations for the fans of StB btw!

Edit: Op & ED Details are out!

https://twitter.com/stb_anime/status/1180741782910521344?s=20
_MushiRock11_Oct 6, 2019 12:18 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 5, 2019 11:54 PM

Feb 2016
Man I don't know why can't they just make another season instead of OVA series. They can't be worried about it not going well.
Another 12 episodes in the span of 1-2 years. Well I guess something is better than nothing
Oct 5, 2019 11:59 PM

Oct 2010
AnonymousGuy9 said:
Man I don't know why can't they just make another season instead of OVA series. They can't be worried about it not going well.
Another 12 episodes in the span of 1-2 years. Well I guess something is better than nothing

TV restrictions might play some part in that. Going with OVAs, they don't have to worry about that kinda thing
Oct 6, 2019 12:17 AM

Nov 2007
Iie senpai. This brings more titties which is good for an OVA adaptation.

For a harem anime that doesn't have a single heroine past 1K faves in MAL says a lot of the quality of the anime. Also, the main heroine is one of the most retarded heroines ever.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 6, 2019 12:31 AM

Oct 2015
Couldn't watch this anime past episode 5 when it first aired. I'm surprised its still going strong considering its lack of word of mouth.
Oct 6, 2019 12:42 AM

Nov 2018
There goes new Ova of 12 episodes.Well,I'm looking forward for a better show.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Oct 6, 2019 12:56 AM

Feb 2012
Who watches this cringe ass shit
Oct 6, 2019 1:25 AM
Oct 2019
Ramkec said:

People who actually have taste in anime
Oct 6, 2019 4:27 AM

Nov 2014
Nice. Tho I'm still waiting for translation to previous OVAs.

I wonder, could it be OVA format that helps? It allows for much more time to work on it and less censorship. It probably also brings more money.
JustAnotherShiroOct 6, 2019 4:31 AM
Oct 6, 2019 4:38 AM
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
Hahaha, just started the third season this session, and the fourht one's already anounced, lol! Though, to be honest with you, I totally predicted we'd get news of it soon! haha lol
Oct 6, 2019 5:37 AM

Apr 2016
I haven't watched the third season yet, the second was a bit disappointing but I’ll keep up to watch it.
Oct 6, 2019 5:49 AM
Feb 2018
im waiting for some decent subs for 6-10 episodes and here they have announced season 4 already. this series better get full adaptation now since story is quite close to end i think i heard that 2 more volumes are remaining in the series that will tally the number to 22 volumes. anime has already covered upto 17 skipping few volumes in between and changing some plot to accommodate the skippings.
Oct 6, 2019 6:35 AM

May 2012
Good news

I still did not watch episode 7 to 10 of season 3 because there is no good subs yet.
Oct 6, 2019 8:00 AM

Jun 2011
o 2020 is gonna be a good year! Not the biggest fan of this series but I find myself enjoying it more as I go along. Don't even remember there's a 3rd season but hell yeah definitely would welcome a 4th season! The world needs more magic/fantasy action anime series, that's the one advantage anime has over live action movies.

Obligatory "Iie senpai, watashi-tachi no kenka desu!" lol
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 6, 2019 8:29 AM

Dec 2016
The OVAs have been selling like 8k+ BVD/DVD every volume. Good for the series.
Oct 6, 2019 8:40 AM

Dec 2015
Good to see more of this. With all the other bad shows continuing (saw the Mahouka crap now continues as well :D) and a lot of better stuff never being continued. So okay it it is OVA - at least it continues.
Oct 7, 2019 4:51 PM

Oct 2010
The PV is full of the worst things in anime and nothing else.
Oct 7, 2019 8:27 PM
Jun 2013
VyseLegendaire said:

What are the worst things in anime? woman skin and some panties? 30 years old and you talk like a edgy elitist teenager lmaoo
Oct 8, 2019 1:14 PM

Oct 2010
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:
VyseLegendaire said:

What are the worst things in anime? woman skin and some panties? 30 years old and you talk like a edgy elitist teenager lmaoo

Bad art style, bad animation, reliance on random panty shots of kids, pointless derivative stupid plot…etc. Not sure about edgy teens, I thought this kind of show actually appealed more to the young crowd. Im an adult who enjoys grown-up manly things like GaoGaiGar and Granzort.
Oct 8, 2019 4:01 PM

Mar 2014
Ramkec said:

There are people who watch all the 4-to-6 derivative isekais per season, every season, giving them 10/10...

At least the fights in this one and it's dumb jokes make it a very fine time waster.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Oct 9, 2019 11:18 PM

Aug 2010
Well, Raildex fans got to have fun, I guess now it's Strike the Blood's turn.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Oct 14, 2019 9:11 PM

Apr 2015
VyseLegendaire said:
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:

Bad art style, bad animation, reliance on random panty shots of kids, pointless derivative stupid plot…etc. Not sure about edgy teens, I thought this kind of show actually appealed more to the young crowd. Im an adult who enjoys grown-up manly things like GaoGaiGar and Granzort.

"Grown adult" but bashes other people for having different taste in anime, whatever you tell yourself.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Oct 14, 2019 9:17 PM

Oct 2010
Tropisch said:
VyseLegendaire said:

"Grown adult" but bashes other people for having different taste in anime, whatever you tell yourself.

Huh? I bash the show for being bad. If you love it, I don't hate you for that. I also poked fun at myself for liking 'kids' shows which many people bash at the end there, among many that is. Just don't like seeing 'low quality productions' being green lit.

First guy bashes me saying the same thing, with no qualifications. How is this show a high quality high brow anime or anything? Prove me wrong.
Oct 16, 2019 12:42 PM

Apr 2015
VyseLegendaire said:
Tropisch said:

Huh? I bash the show for being bad. If you love it, I don't hate you for that. I also poked fun at myself for liking 'kids' shows which many people bash at the end there, among many that is. Just don't like seeing 'low quality productions' being green lit.

First guy bashes me saying the same thing, with no qualifications. How is this show a high quality high brow anime or anything? Prove me wrong.

Yeah, I'm not bothering discussing with a man child who calls anything with fanservice "bad". Blocked.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Oct 16, 2019 9:59 PM

Oct 2010
Nice pattern:
A. launch attack based on interpretation of original post, rather than what it really says
B. ignore response asking for real debate, which also contains clarifications which strictly conflict with the original, false interpretation
C. repeat A and block, launch random insults which also convey false claims about what was said, and pretend that a debate happened, and you won, despite it never having happened
D. Rejouisse!
Oct 16, 2019 10:12 PM

Sep 2013
Good something else to see
While you shitpost about other taste, i watch or read stuff :D
Nov 17, 2019 9:33 AM

Nov 2007
Pre-screening event for Kieta Seisou-hen on December 15, 2019
https://twitter.com/stb_anime/status/1195177316244062208

CM for Kieta Seisou-hen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjj5nCSiads
tsubasaloverDec 6, 2019 5:05 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 21, 2019 1:21 AM

Feb 2010
malvarez1 said:
Well, Raildex fans got to have fun, I guess now it's Strike the Blood's turn.
is that sarcasm? Because I dont know if anyone enjoyed the butchered mess that was season 3.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Dec 15, 2019 4:10 AM

Nov 2007
tsubasaloverDec 16, 2019 12:19 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

More topics from this board

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
1 hour ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 6 hours ago

3 by eli_shmeli »»
5 hours ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - Today

3 by JehadKun »»
9 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
10 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

26 by infanf »»
Today, 5:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.