Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 7, 2019 7:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This seems like a fun little show with its lighthearted humor. I actually find Mile quite adorable.

We also meet others like Reina, Pauline, and Mavis. Each of them seem different so the show itself is somewhat colorful with its main cast. Mile apparently is overpowered but she didn't ask to be. Heh, amusing premise. Mavis might be my favorite character out of the main cast so far.
Stark700Oct 7, 2019 9:03 AM
Oct 7, 2019 8:47 AM

Jun 2008
Am I crazy or the anime just ignored the light novel?
Oct 7, 2019 9:02 AM

Sep 2018
SSTHZero said:
Am I crazy or the anime just ignored the light novel?

They Seem to have ignored the first arc entirely and made the first episode mostly original content
Oct 7, 2019 9:04 AM
Oct 2019
Not surprised lol, they tend to butcher anime adaptions of light novels. Just the preview review someone posted in the other discussion also showed lolicon type related assumptions and theories.. The light novel doesn't even touch on those things in a lolicon type way. I'm honestly disappointed as I was looking forward to this..

Even made an account just to vent my disappointment lol
Oct 7, 2019 9:09 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well if they really butchered the LN opening it at least wasn't as aggrevating as when they did it to Arifureta. Not that that's saying too much mind you
Oct 7, 2019 9:16 AM

Jun 2008
I've read only the first 2 books and the first arc is the best so far... Well, like Afureta, I think I'll ignore the anime.
Oct 7, 2019 9:23 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Seems like a parody of isekai or something like that, this is cool.
She was 10x prettier when she was japanese imo and haha obviously isekaied by the famous isekai truck.
Her powers triggered by a reflection on her chest --> ultimate laser beam.
I'm looking forward for the next episodes, that was good.
Oct 7, 2019 9:25 AM

Oct 2017
God damn truck Kun u just had to hit such a gorgeous girl and make her into such a cute loli, not that I'm complaining. Also so much for her average power and life lmao. Anyway not bad for a start, looking forward to the upcoming episodes.
Oct 7, 2019 9:43 AM

Jan 2014
EXCUSE ME???? DID THEY ACTUALLY DELETE THE BEST PART OF BOOK 1!?!?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2019 9:44 AM
Sep 2018
Bye-bye commonsense-chan, School life arc will probably be backstory. Original content was so-so tho, did not expect Reina's voice to be so low.
Oct 7, 2019 9:44 AM

Dec 2018
Daaaamn, she`s savage!!! Kinda reminds me of the MC from Humanity Has Declined.
Oct 7, 2019 9:47 AM

Aug 2013
And there's Truck-kun.

Good start. Mile only asked to have average abilities though she ended up being overpowered. Quite amusing.

I might read the LN of this.

Oct 7, 2019 9:49 AM

Nov 2014
No idea what happened, but it was pretty fun.
Oct 7, 2019 9:50 AM
Sep 2018
Leo said:
And there's Truck-kun.

Good start. Mile only asked to have average abilities though she ended up being overpowered. Quite amusing.

You should, 80% of this episode is original content from anime but there are 7 translated volumes of the source material.
Oct 7, 2019 9:54 AM

Dec 2018
Lovely another anime with rape fantasies ,, Dropped 1/10
Oct 7, 2019 10:03 AM

Sep 2017
I actually liked how it changes the beginning. I'm not a LN reader but it seems to me to have a lot better pacing than the manga. All the silly jokes also helped making it less a trite expositional episode as generic feel-good isekai anime tend to have. Lets say, comparing to Death March or isekai smartphone, which is similar in terms of feel-good-ness, and you'll see how much better this episode was executed by comparison.)

So far it is a 5-6 for me. Will have to see whether it can keeps up with this pacing and silly details. Project No.9 is doing another isekai show this season and it is not a studio known for its fine production, so a drop in the sakuga quality might be expected in a few more episodes later... But let's hope not.
Oct 7, 2019 10:16 AM
May 2016
Hmmm ok reminded me of Endro! though not as silly and an isekai, for a comedy it wasn't really that funny. Desperately wants to be average but isn't...OK.
Oct 7, 2019 10:23 AM

Jul 2014
Truck-kun receiving the recognition it deserves lmao.

The explanation of her "average" powers, poor girl :'D

This was pretty fun and I already love Mile, so looking forward to more.
SkyLETVOct 7, 2019 10:36 AM
Oct 7, 2019 11:01 AM

Aug 2013
Okay. High chances for AOTS.
That was great. And these backgrounds and expensive character animation. It looks more like high class Doga Kobo series.
Can't wait for more.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 7, 2019 11:10 AM

Nov 2015
Truck-kun is finally getting noticed. The episode was all anime original, but still a decent start to the show imo.

It'll probably follow the manga version more than the LN, with the school arc being explained entirely in flashbacks.
Oct 7, 2019 11:21 AM

Feb 2013
Ashhk said:
Seems like a parody of isekai or something like that, this is cool.
She was 10x prettier when she was japanese imo and haha obviously isekaied by the famous isekai truck.
Her powers triggered by a reflection on her chest --> ultimate laser beam.
I'm looking forward for the next episodes, that was good.

It's not a parody of Isekai at all. It's just a slice of life series. Isekai has many genres inside it which aren't about a focus on adventure/action. If anything, this is more of a CGDCT
Oct 7, 2019 11:24 AM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
I thought that, while it was an original opening, it was a good one. Sure, I would've liked to see the first arc when she was Adele and all her friends at that school, but going from 3-4 episodes in one school to 6-7 episodes in another school, and then wrapping up right where the story really starts to take off would not make a very good anime. So if skipping the first arc (hopefully bringing it in as backstory over time) helps them to include more of their post-school life, that's fine with me.

They've done a good job making Mile the OP but ditzy girl she is, I really loved their adaptation of Mavis (whose voice is exactly what I had imagined), and Reina is spot on. I was slightly surprised by Pauline's depiction, not in a bad way, but I'm not sure what about her surprised me.

As for Nano-kun, that took me by surprise. I surely wasn't expecting to see a kitty materialize out of thin air. But, hey, it works. Personifying and grouping all the nanos together into one "Nano-kun" will make it easier for those new to the story to understand their role in the story. Of course, there's nothing "nano" about this Nano-kun though.

Overall, I think it was really a very good opening to the series. It's impossible to please everyone, of course, and I'm sure they were aware that cutting the first arc would be met with disappointment, but I really do think the series as a whole would suffer if they had included two school arcs back to back.

HaXXspetten said:
Well if they really butchered the LN opening it at least wasn't as aggrevating as when they did it to Arifureta. Not that that's saying too much mind you

For sure. Pretty much any work of prose has to have things changed to work in a visual medium like anime because the way stories are told is completely different from one to the other. And compared to Arifureta, well, there's not really any comparison. I'm caught up with both of the light novels, and the first ep of Abilities is far and away better than the first ep of Arifureta.

Yuri-Crusader said:
Lovely another anime with rape fantasies ,, Dropped 1/10

That's a shame, @Yuri-Crusader. That was a completely anime original scene less than 30 seconds. After reading 7 volumes of the light novel, I can tell you that (best as I recall) it has zero rape fantasy. I can't say whether they'll add more in the adaptation, but the cast is essentially these 4 girls doing adventury/Hunter girl things, with extremely little (if any) element of sexuality. Other than comments about chest size.

I'm caught up with both this and Potions (by the same author, FUNA-sensei), and it's just a guess, but I think FUNA-sensei probably would be upset about them adding more than what they have, as the light novel stays quite far away from rape and loli territory. (Before anyone responds: Yes, the story is about young girls, but there's a difference between a young girl and a loli.)
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
Oct 7, 2019 11:29 AM

Jan 2019
:O baffled
Easy 10

Edit: I suppose only the first episode made that impression :/ Currently at ep 4 and its weakening. Will keep editing this later on.
Fade_Oct 28, 2019 11:24 AM
Oct 7, 2019 11:38 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm a hunter novice from the get go huh interesting concept. Still despite her aspirations its nice to see Mile's innocent nature during her exploration of the capital. Seems Truck San has quite the important role in series in which he's featured in. Mile sure has quite a good variety of magic types that she can call upon. Miles remarks about events though sure were amusing. So Pauline had them take her hostage too so as to allow her to take care of the children huh. Interesting plan. Damm thats one hell of a hairstyle the boss has there. The boss though has to be the weirdest one i ever seen in a anime. Its good that Lenny was fine though. Still to think that the friends that she made and was trying to avoid are now her classmates looks like Miles life is gonna get more interesting. Overall an interesting first ep that did well in introducing the main cast as well as how powerful Mile's abilities are despite her wishes to be average. Of the group after Miles Reina has to be the most interesting. From this ep it seems that it will be a balance between light hearted humour and action and story a direction that if balanced correctly will ensure this series does well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2019 12:00 PM
Aug 2017
So they pretty much skipped the first volume, the nanomachines is some furry mascot creature now, here relationship with her family was good even though in LN a big problem of her being so good at things was thre rising peer pressure and many fights within her family. I don't remember her meeting her Prep school classmates before they started.

Honestly a bad first impression for the adaptation. if you want to make an original just make an original.
Oct 7, 2019 12:01 PM

Apr 2009
I've seen many butchered adaptations, but judging by this dumpster fire of an episode, No.9 is aiming for the top.

A humorless, witless husk of what was one of a handful of genuinely interesting isekais.
Oct 7, 2019 12:07 PM

Mar 2016
This isn't exactly my cup of tea, but I did like some of the humor, and how self-conscious the anime is of the tropes it's following.

In a way, the MC did get "average" powers, the median average, not the mean average she probably had in mind. ^^;
Oct 7, 2019 12:16 PM

Apr 2016
I like the comedy and the art here looks nice. It seems this anime won't be a serious one and i'm fine with that.
Oct 7, 2019 12:16 PM

May 2013
tfw there are more isekai parodies than actual (serious) isekai this season. Didn't really like this one as well, looks like cute girls doing cute things in another world
Oct 7, 2019 12:17 PM

Mar 2013
Kinda cringy ngl... But i've seen worse so i'm pretty much immune. Main girl's a bit overwhelming, lol. Artstyle looks cute!
Oct 7, 2019 12:35 PM

Oct 2018
Not a bad start, seems like an isekai parody to me

I'll definitely keep watching it
Oct 7, 2019 12:53 PM

Mar 2013
I guess we just need to hope there's enough backlash from Japanese audiences about the studio ignoring the LN and manga for them to get back on track next week and actually do something based on the source material. Going entirely for anime original plots defeats the object of adapting something.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Oct 7, 2019 12:57 PM

Mar 2013
franzjpm said:
Leo said:
And there's Truck-kun.

You should, 80% of this episode is original content from anime but there are 7 translated volumes of the source material.

I'll be waiting for more editions of the manga to get translated. I only have the first volume right now but will be checking to see when more volumes come out.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Oct 7, 2019 1:02 PM
Apr 2013
Do you remember last seasons Maou-sama, Retry? This... is a worse version of that.
Well. It is slightly amusing, hope it gets better.
Oct 7, 2019 1:08 PM
Sep 2011
The first episode was kind of unimpressive to me. They're trying to play off of all those isekai tropes... but some of that's been done before. Overall, poorly executed.
Oct 7, 2019 1:09 PM

Jun 2008
-> People saying this anime seems like an Isekai parody...

They really killed the source material with one episode.
Oct 7, 2019 1:14 PM

Mar 2013
Hang on a sec, how long has Nano-chan been a cat? I've only read one volume of the manga so it may change later on but I distinctly remember them being weird robot cube things.
Oct 7, 2019 1:22 PM
Apr 2011
Judgment526 said:
This isn't exactly my cup of tea, but I did like some of the humor, and how self-conscious the anime is of the tropes it's following.

In a way, the MC did get "average" powers, the median average, not the mean average she probably had in mind. ^^;

And just like the writer of this story, you also don't know what the average means.
Average = mean. There is absolutely no difference.
Median = the middle value. For an even amount of numbers, it is the mean of the two middle values.

What our MC should have asked for is of course the median, as it is less susceptible to outliers (like the dragon).
But if she got the mean amount of power, she should be weak as hell. There is only 1 (or maybe a few) super powerful dragon, while there are countless weak creatures to compensate for that.

And then the 'middle of the scene'-exposition that is is shoe-horned in, says she got half the power of the dragon, which is even moreso NOT the average.

If you really can't even think of a plausible reason for your premise, what are you doing writing a story?
Oct 7, 2019 1:34 PM

Apr 2008
I guess I'll skip this one after all (and read the novels instead). Maybe I'll watch it later if it gets the good word, but I'm already watching too many shows and planning more, so something's gotta give :(
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this signature is unavailable in your region.
Oct 7, 2019 1:36 PM

Jun 2008
Riotstarter said:
Hang on a sec, how long has Nano-chan been a cat? I've only read one volume of the manga so it may change later on but I distinctly remember them being weird robot cube things.

I don't remember it appearing as cat too. And I've read until the part when they defeat...
Oct 7, 2019 1:42 PM

Nov 2016
Is so Cute O‿‿O ^^
the adventures of Adele von Ascham aka Mile-chan begins.
Oct 7, 2019 1:45 PM
Sep 2013
[quote=Dr4kon message=58481660]
Judgment526 said:

If you really can't even think of a plausible reason for your premise, what are you doing writing a story?

This is actually explained better in the novel. As it's stated above by kyoudai this episode is mainly original content that seems to be in place of the first arc of the story as to not have a season of anime only on the school arcs without getting to the story. It's unfortunate but I understand the reasoning.

saifors said:
So they pretty much skipped the first volume, the nanomachines is some furry mascot creature now, here relationship with her family was good even though in LN a big problem of her being so good at things was thre rising peer pressure and many fights within her family. I don't remember her meeting her Prep school classmates before they started.

Honestly a bad first impression for the adaptation. if you want to make an original just make an original.

I get your thought here and honestly as far as the opening went while I didn't hate it I understand the reasoning to try and get the anime to the main story not just the first school arcs. I just hope the rest of the story follows along better, until we get more I can't really form a full opinion.

That being said I honestly like Nano-chan as a small cat mascot. They could have done something similar to TenSura but I think it works well as a character to add filler to Mile's thoughts rather than a simple voice.
Oct 7, 2019 1:47 PM

Jan 2016
LMFAO I LOVE HOW THEY INTRODUCED TRUCK-SAMA IN THIS EPISODE.

Okay okay this MC is absolutely fucking amazing. This isekai reincarnation is amazing for my trash self.

I love all the references she made to manga/anime/movies/etc too HAHAHAHA

Also the explanation for why her "average" powers aren't very average is amazing.
Oct 7, 2019 3:07 PM

May 2015
Its about time we start getting some isekais with female leads. I want more isekais like this with girls as main character who are overpowered.

Its a cute series cant wait for more. Love to see more of her overpoweredness unlike with normal isekai which has become boring to see. Girl power FTW!!
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 7, 2019 3:38 PM

Nov 2016
Great to have more self-aware isekais this year, this was exactly what I neededtill I get fed up with these too And it's an all girl main cast, nice.

Hope there will be more women with indecent fetishes.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 7, 2019 3:43 PM

Oct 2010
I actually did run the math to get estimation on a world population to make her half power of a dragon and 6800 more powerful then human.
Guess what?
1.000147080453007795264009413149 of humans per 1 dragon.

The only way to fix this mess is to calculate average on species rather then overall population(so each kind counted only once) and there still should be some creatures to fill gap in-between dragon and human and offset amoeba.

P.S. Yeah, math is a serious business contrary to isekai and nanomachines fantasy.
geptorOct 7, 2019 4:03 PM
Oct 7, 2019 3:45 PM

Jun 2016
Another isekai parody but more moe-ish, I like it! the first episode is great.
Truck-kun, the bad guys from Hokuto no Ken, overpowered Loli, a useless tomboy swordwoman, a redhead tsundere magician etc. XD great.
Oct 7, 2019 3:55 PM

Jun 2014
Truck-kun strikes again. I love the changes from the novel except for the exposition pauses. I don't think those were necessary to be revealed at this point. I hope they will do a proper flashback in the future though.
Oct 7, 2019 4:06 PM

Jun 2019
Another truck kun Isekai.
Another overpowered MC.
Bored..

Wait??
CGDCT Isekai anime with Doga Kobo's taste?

Okay i am in. 😄
Oct 7, 2019 5:06 PM

Mar 2016
Dr4kon said:
Judgment526 said:

And just like the writer of this story, you also don't know what the average means.
Average = mean. There is absolutely no difference.
Median = the middle value. For an even amount of numbers, it is the mean of the two middle values.

What our MC should have asked for is of course the median, as it is less susceptible to outliers (like the dragon).
But if she got the mean amount of power, she should be weak as hell. There is only 1 (or maybe a few) super powerful dragon, while there are countless weak creatures to compensate for that.

And then the 'middle of the scene'-exposition that is is shoe-horned in, says she got half the power of the dragon, which is even moreso NOT the average.

There are actually three types of average, and median is very much one of them. It’s just that in most cases, when we talk about average, we’re actually referring to the mean, which is certainly what the protagonist was asking for since, even if you factor in how strong an elder dragon might be, the number of weak individuals would balance this out resulting in a power level that’s...well, fairly average.

Assuming a relatively even distribution of power levels across the spectrum from weakest to most powerful, the median would in fact end up being around the midway point between weakest and strongest which is exactly what the protagonist got, and that fits the description we got this episode.

You call the elder dragon an outlier, but there’s really no way for us to know if that’s true without being specifically told that is there? All we know is that the elder dragon stands at the pinnacle, but we’re never told if there are other powerful beings that are only slightly weaker than it, and if so, how many there are.
Judgment526Oct 7, 2019 5:12 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2019

89 by Old_Fart_61 »»
Jan 11, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2019

89 by Old_Fart_61 »»
Jan 11, 7:18 PM

» Where do I pick up the light novel after the anime?

neil - Dec 23, 2019

8 by abyss_will »»
Dec 12, 2023 11:22 AM

» will this ever get a second season?

go1d1eaf - May 22, 2021

17 by NiQ1 »»
Oct 4, 2023 1:33 AM

Poll: » Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2019

117 by Saxanka »»
Sep 26, 2023 9:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.