Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2019 6:25 PM

Nov 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ok at least this episode covered pretty much a chapter +- some scenes that were already shown last week and Luffy fooling around with Holdem. Zoro and Kiku had some playtime too.

The Red Hawk scene was pretty dope, tho. Loved the remix of the Luffy's here theme that was used and Tama's reaction.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 5, 2019 6:38 PM

Sep 2016
The first minutes were slow it felt like the characters staring at each other and delaying the plot moving forward,they recaped Otama taming that baboon for no reason. We all know that the reason for her capture IS the fact that she has that "magical power"

The jokes were fine as always, at least they keep nailing the comedy but that was not a moment for comedy.

Once Luffy recaped Otama getting sick for drinking the water the episode picked up its pace and even tho most of the fight was filler against cannon fodder and I don't remember Speed using her bow in the manga it was pretty fantastic and I had a blast watching it. The animation is still on point and the sound too. A few stare contests and uneeded dialogs but they didn't suck the enjoyment out of this week's episode.

Law appearing in front a Hawkins, a fantastic done scene imo. And Luffy beating the shit out of Holdem was well executed, that Ace flashback added a lot of impact for Otama's character.

Overall, a good episode and one worth watching skipping a few scenes at the beginning.

Oct 5, 2019 8:21 PM

Feb 2015
that was pretty epic. It really felt like a classic one piece episode.
Oct 5, 2019 8:37 PM

Oct 2015
Damn Toei placed every strength on that red hawk! Truly magnificent.

I must say Toei, focuses so much on the sensation of the fight and really exaggerate sometimes. I wish they would focus also on the timing of the animation and scripts, damn they suck at those.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 5, 2019 9:16 PM
Apr 2016
Ah, best episode in a while.

I hope next episode we'll see Law fight, that would be great. The red hawk had really good animation, Luffy straight up one punched him.
Oct 5, 2019 9:38 PM

Feb 2010
Luffytaro cracking Holdem at the end was FIRE and seeing Kiku flex a bit was cool but this pacing makes me feel the red hawk should've happened like 3 episodes ago...can't say this episodes was more than okay, preview for next episodes looks good with Law vs. Hawkins.
Oct 5, 2019 11:52 PM

Oct 2017
Well this episode was a bit better than some previous episodes and decent enough to watch atleast.
Oct 6, 2019 1:16 AM

Jul 2015
First half felt a bit slow in pacing same as in previous episodes but the second half definitely cranked that up to a good pacing

Nice to see Luffy go Red Hawk on that small fry with that lion fanny pack, the animation at that scene really became better

Can't wait for Law vs Hawkins the next episode

Oct 6, 2019 1:51 AM

Jan 2008
twoego said:
Ah, best episode in a while.

I hope next episode we'll see Law fight, that would be great. The red hawk had really good animation, Luffy straight up one punched him.

Absolutely agree. This was leaps and bounds better than the last few weeks worth of episodes combined. I'd like to hope we'll continue to get this, but I know they'll be too afraid to catch up to the manga for that to be an actual reality.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Oct 6, 2019 2:00 AM

Oct 2015
This episode was probably one of the best eps recently. It covered 10 pages. Definitely good enough.

When Luffy and Zoro started cracking their necks I thought half the episode would be about nothing but that, just like when Luffy and that sumo wrestler tried not to fall off the ring.

That Red Hawk (did Luffy say "jet" instead of "red" here?) was indeed pretty cool.
Oct 6, 2019 3:44 AM

Apr 2019
The last 10 minutes of this episode were much, much better than the past few episodes that aired, and Luffy's red hawk was excellently animated. Lets see if Toei can keep it up for Law vs Hawkins next week.

"๐™‡๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ... ๐™ž๐™ข๐™ฅ๐™ช๐™ง๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ... ๐™Ÿ๐™ค๐™ฎ... ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ž๐™ฃ... ๐™„ ๐™๐™–๐™ซ๐™š ๐™˜๐™–๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ข ๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™–๐™จ๐™ž๐™™๐™š. ๐™‹๐™ž๐™˜๐™  ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ข ๐™ช๐™ฅ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™˜๐™–๐™ง๐™ง๐™ฎ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ข ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช. ๐˜ผ๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ง... ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™ซ๐™–๐™ก๐™ช๐™š."
Oct 6, 2019 5:00 AM

Mar 2015
That Red Hawk scene was awesome!!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 6, 2019 7:47 AM

Dec 2014
ok like the fights continue on..... I like zoro and female samurai chemistry
Oct 6, 2019 9:13 AM

May 2014
Law stop Hawkins, Luffy ko Holdem, Zoro and Okiku would be great couple Good episode, way better than previous

Also, Speed sama 4 nakama โค๏ธ
Oct 6, 2019 11:18 AM
Jul 2018
Luffy can absorb flames !! That's great, mera mera absorption theory is becoming clearer
Oct 6, 2019 11:26 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah...that red hawk was pretty dope. Ball-de-boo had it coming.
Oct 7, 2019 12:03 AM

Mar 2018
Ah yes only One Piece anime would let their characters crack their neckbones dozens of times before a fight

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Oct 7, 2019 6:09 PM

Jul 2013
Overall definitely a better episode as the last ones. You know something is about to happen when Luffy and Zoro crack their necks that often. I liked the action. Okiku and Zoro made a good team. I honestly thought Speed was stronger. These arrows did absolute nothing.

I knew Luffy would freak out after he saw Tamas cheek and heard what Holdem did to her. That was by far the best Red Hawk animation I have seen so far. Absolute amazing job. It also showed how much stronger Luffy was compared to Holdem.

Can't wait to see Law vs Hawkins. This will be interesting.

Oct 8, 2019 5:53 AM

Jul 2016
Natsu88 said:
Overall definitely a better episode as the last ones. You know something is about to happen when Luffy and Zoro crack their necks that often. I liked the action. Okiku and Zoro made a good team. I honestly thought Speed was stronger. These arrows did absolute nothing.

The front liners are nothing compared to Luffy or Zoro.

Luffy just beat Katakurri, unless you are a bat man, you are not bothering him.
Oct 9, 2019 2:24 PM
Jan 2019
The last minutes of the episode were great !, a great animation. I got a few tears when Otama remembered Ace when she saw Luffy using the Red Hawk, it was a moving and epic scene. The bastard Holdem received his deserved. Zoro and Okiku were great too.
I want to see the fight between Law and Hawkins ๐Ÿ˜Ž.

Ps: Damn Jack! The bastard is still alive.
Oct 11, 2019 6:14 PM

May 2014
People may complain about how slow the pace is, but that animation of Red Hawk really compensate for the pace. This indeed the best animation I have seen of Red Hawk. So much better than the animation of the same technique in Fishman Island. This director knows what he is doing and how to animate the art and pace in the important fights. I am really glad they decided to change the director. Really love how Oda write this story. She just got the Ace nostalgia by seeing the fire of Luffy's technique. Gonna be interesting to see her reaction when/if she get to know they are "siblings". Great ep., though it was slow in the beginning.

Looks like Zoro have got a new waifu in his collection, Okiku. She is cute and have a stronger mentality than Tashigi in fights. I hope they meet and make it a threesome. ( อก° อœส– อก°)

PS! Ever since I have seen Holdem's appearance it reminds me of the lion zombie dude from Thriller Bark. Am I the only one who got this feeling? LOL
Oct 13, 2019 3:53 AM

Apr 2013
First half was just them screaming at each other and that weakling laughing all the time.
"Tama! I will save you now!" - Proceeds to do nothing for another 10 minutes.

Second half at least had some fighting, even though it was just fodder again.
Nov 4, 2019 9:39 PM

Feb 2015
Entertaining episode, despite I’m more excited about the confrontation between Hawkins and Law that is about to come. Zoro and Okiku, your job is to steal the food. What a red hawk, beautiful.
Nov 8, 2019 6:12 AM

Jul 2013
Lol Ball-de-boo get fucked bro. Why is he so weak? Sure Luffy being pissed is a huge power up but really a single punch? Even that creepy looking centaur is just so helpless. How come they're headliners too like Basil Hawkins? We need to move on from this small fries and deal with the Beast pirates themselves
Dec 25, 2019 5:24 PM

Jan 2015
The first half was slow. Tama is saved and Luffy beat actually very easy this Holdem.
Jan 10, 2020 3:49 AM

Feb 2013
Holdem got off easy but he was too weak to fight seriously anyway.
Jan 28, 2020 4:08 PM
Jul 2018
Yes yes yes, I am always happy to see a douchebag being put on his place. So Holdem, how does it feel to get one-shot ko'ed by a "low-class scum"? I am pretty sure his neck got snapped and he got set on fire. I doubt he will survive quite possibly the best red hawk attack we have seen on the series so far.

Law: *Puts a basket on to hide his identity from Hawkins*

Also Law: *Has a familiar-looking pirate emblem on his clothes, a familiar long sword, and unique tattoo letters on his fingers*

Hawkins: Who are you?

Law, what was the point of the basket in the first place? I guess spending so much time with the Strawhats can mess up with one's mind.
Mar 20, 2020 11:16 PM
Jun 2015
That Red Hawk though. They built this move up to be pretty much a Finisher.
Apr 22, 2020 11:51 AM

Mar 2010
Ah love when justice is served. And I have to admit When I saw Otama get her face cheeks pulled it really pissed me off, the torture was not cool.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 19, 2020 8:05 PM
May 2020
This episode was a ray of sunshine compared to the prior two. Toei Animation is still terrible though. I do not get it! One Piece has some of the best it-is-so-obvious-that-you-won't-confuse-it-for-the-real-story filler episodes! Why can't they start doing those again, in addition to the movie tie-ins, instead of dragging out the manga chapters?!?!? Still, good to see this animated.
Aug 31, 2020 11:36 AM

May 2016
FMmatron said:

The Red Hawk scene was pretty dope, tho. Loved the remix of the Luffy's here theme that was used and Tama's reaction.
Climax of the episode been ages since I got this hyped.
Jan 23, 2021 12:29 PM

Mar 2016
This ep makes up for the past few ep of snail-paced pacing.

Who says Luffy never have a strategy? He does, it's just... Instantaneously formed and executed in an instant! A few commands and the plan is put into action. Zoro and Okiku managed to easily overpower yet another stream of average goons. The real highlight is Luffy facing off Holdem, well by 'facing-off' it's more like showing him who the fuck he thinks he's fighting against. Holdem is no more than a bully to Tama, as soon as Luffy saw Tama injury. Holdem's defeat is sealed.

Luffy's red hawk is especially flashy in this time, one might call it a trickshot! It's a high-risk manoeuvre involving the need to use both of his hands, meaning that Tama is gonna have a nice aerial rollercoaster ride down to the ground whilst Luffy launched his fiery attack towards the wannabe tough guy; Holdem. The animation here is fiercely satisfactory, just as satisfying as a bully beatdown and a trickshot is. Satisfying ending to the ep all around.

Aug 31, 2021 3:14 AM

Jun 2019
That Red Hawk was epic. No one hurts Tama.
Sep 7, 2021 6:26 AM

Aug 2021
Thank you Luffy for taking revenge for tama :D
Sep 12, 2021 9:15 AM

Sep 2015
Amazing episode ! So many tensions from different sides, and Law was prepared to counter Basil Hawkins !

I wanted Zoro to this his Oni giri moveset on that horse girl, for how cruel she was

And there are more and more new soundtracks too! Luffys soundtrack in wano kuni style !

Luffys selflessness is the best! I love how he cares about Tama !
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jun 1, 2022 12:44 PM

Dec 2012
Infinitely better episode. The final few minutes were phenomenal. Attacking Balls with a full blown Red Hawk was a fantastic gesture that ties in Ace as though it was the Fire Fist himself.
Jun 13, 2022 4:17 AM
Jul 2018
the red hawk scene was amazing loved it and there was no way those small fries would stand a chance against Luffy
removed-userAug 13, 2022 4:04 AM
Aug 12, 2022 8:31 PM

Aug 2018
that red hawk was great, love it!
Aug 21, 2022 6:59 PM

Dec 2018
ok this was pretty good. wondering when luffy will tell them he's ace's brother.
Sep 7, 2022 8:33 PM
Apr 2021
abruh burh burh
aaa
Nov 1, 2022 10:12 AM
Jan 2019
Are you not gonna talk about Luffy literally throw her off a building๐Ÿ’€, this guy is a menace.
Dec 10, 2022 5:16 AM
Feb 2021
trop beau l'animation à partir de l'ep 900
Mar 3, 2023 1:55 PM
Aug 2021
Bro that Redhawk went crazy. Her seeing Ace in Luffy brought me so much joy still don't know why he hasn't said that Ace is his brother though. He could have easily calmed her down by mentioning that but Luffy is Luffy. Honestly, though I love these episodes it is just straight hands every single time๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Jan 13, 11:08 PM
Superior

Apr 2008
This is the only good One Piece episode.

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion

phantom346 - Apr 14

10 by HilariousPerson »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 151 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veethorn - Oct 11, 2009

94 by kejora »»
2 hours ago

» One Piece Hindi Dubbed starting May 5th for Indian Audiences

PirateHasan - 2 hours ago

0 by PirateHasan »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 367 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Lofoc - Aug 24, 2008

73 by gannoncannon55 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 366 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Miked - Aug 19, 2008

50 by gannoncannon55 »»
10 hours ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.