Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 2, 2019 1:28 PM

Jul 2014
MASTERLYNX said:
-Stray said:
T'was a pretty good start! loved every moment of it and I like the MC! seems like the point guard type of the team.
Few questions tho.... don't spoil me but I just wanna get this cleared up before getting invested in this show.
1. Will there be gay shit in here? it seems like the MC might be into the female basketball player gal so I think he's safe but like... will there be any gay signs here?
2. Will this be like Slam Dunk who's more grounded and closer to reality or will this be like Kuroko where there's magic ball techniques involved?
there are no real gay stuff and it’s very realistic

Great to hear! now I can get invested in this!
Oct 2, 2019 1:31 PM
Nov 2015
CHC said:
I mean, nothing is terribly executed in this episode, but how is it different from all the other shounen sport anime? I guess it's gonna be decent if it's your first few shounen sport, but it's hard to imagine you would enjoy it if you have already seen more than 10 other similar shows.

Also Diomedea has a pretty bad production track record so I'm dropping it. I'll give a couple more episodes if it were Production I. G. or something, but not Diomedea..
Understandable reasoning, can't speak on the production so far, and this kind of plot has been done before.

But in defense of most sports anime or genre specific stories in general, the start is almost always similar in terms of plot and as it progresses they almost always tend to vary in terms of plot and more importantly characterization and dynamics that exists.
Take another legendary anime, slam dunk , it's start is reminiscent of certain elements that were already done in touch but as the story progressed it involved and improved that archetype.

Not trying to convince you to pick it up, just trying to entertain the idea of why people like me who continue watching and the potential that it may have to be special despite regular beginnings.
Oct 2, 2019 1:56 PM

May 2018
I loved this episode, i think this series is going to be good.
Oct 2, 2019 2:04 PM
Apr 2013
Oh well, okay episode I guess. I kinda wanna puke when I see deliquents being in like every shonen basketball anime ever, but oh well. The Spinmove animation made no sense whatsoever but it looked at least nice, and Madoka seems cute. Looks like I#mma gonna find out in two weaks, weather a cute girl and my love for basketball is enough to get me to continue. For now it gets a pass.
Oct 2, 2019 2:14 PM

Jan 2010
I love this kind of "coming of age" stuff so I'm definitely looking forward to more of it!
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Oct 2, 2019 2:16 PM

May 2016
It's been a long time since I last watched a basketball themed anime(Dear Boys). A nice change for once after all the baseball anime we've gotten this year. And I played basketball back in high school so this strikes a bit of a personal chord with me. Good start so far, let's see how it goes.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Oct 2, 2019 2:51 PM

Oct 2015
I liked those moves, it would be more great if he really wins the challenge! Hmm so far so nice!

I hope it won't disappoint.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 2, 2019 3:21 PM
Apr 2018
Similar vibes to Dear Boys. Doesn’t feel original.
Oct 2, 2019 3:29 PM

Oct 2017
That was very promising premiere what can I say... I've felling good vibes from it ha! ;)

I just hope that it won't be undervoted very fast.
But in general I'm happy to have another good sports anime.
The Young Noble of the Field is currently watching - Diamond no Ace: Act II
Misugi-kun is also reading - Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Oct 2, 2019 3:34 PM
Jul 2017
I am surprised he is actually shorter than both Hinomaru and Hinata given they're both famous for being too short for their sports as well.
Oct 2, 2019 5:08 PM

Oct 2013
Oh so it's another haikyuu with the short guy being OP. Hopefully it gets better.
Oct 2, 2019 6:08 PM

Aug 2015
I really enjoyed Kuroko and never saw Slam Dunk and ive been hyped for this anime for months! Im a basketball fan overall and this genre of anime it is like the dream for me, and i kinda can relate with the protagonist itself so it makes it extra enjoyable.

Pretty different from Kuroko but a fresh one, i loved the first epi. Opening good and ending even better IMO.

I love the animation, the handles look gorgeous hehe looking forward to next week!

Oct 2, 2019 6:35 PM

Dec 2010
I like that the MC actually knows how to play basketball.
Oct 2, 2019 6:45 PM

Jan 2019
holy lord that dribble animation... so smooth rofl, i got goosebump instantly. what a great first episode tho. wp
Oct 2, 2019 7:10 PM

Feb 2019
thepath said:
I did not watch it yet. But I have question for people who read the manga

Does this anime have a lot of intense match like Kuroko basketball ?? I don't like sport anime that has a lot of slice of life shit and spend like full cour on training and long boring dialog and shit. If it similar to Days or Baby Steps then this show is not for me.

I love sport anime like Kuroko basketbal, captain tsubasa, Hinomaruzumou, baki. I like something give you the feeling of suspense (if you know what I mean).

Sorry if my English is bad.

I read the manga since 2010 and is updated, I don`t know what you actually want to know about the manga but there are lots of dramas in this one. Especially the first part, though honestly I like the matches cuz you will never know what really happens in a game but during the MC`s first year the matches are repetitive honestly which sometimes gets boring. The real action and intence matches kicks in when the Yokohama team will be introduce. Since this is a 4 cour anime and the members of that team has already VA meaning they will reach that part, just wait and be patient.
Oct 2, 2019 9:26 PM

Aug 2014
i'm already hooked, need more
Oct 2, 2019 11:10 PM
Apr 2018
Woah I didn't realise it was Yuuma's voice. Nice episode.
Oct 2, 2019 11:23 PM

Apr 2018
The next haikyuu?
Oct 2, 2019 11:28 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I love the classic shounen sports vibe! Just like Daiya, the source is from early 2000s, but feels old-school, in a good way. It's been mentioned that it's nothing original, but it works, especially because of the art style. If it's the more modern shiny round and soft style, yeah, it probably wouldn't feel as interesting.

I'm liking Sora a lot so far, he's positive (I guess like the majority of shounen MCs are), but he's also good! He's not a rookie, and especially not one who has one special skill. I guess you can say that his skill is due to his short height, but I think he's made it strength.

Lol, those calcium bars. They probably don't taste good. I wouldn't know though. Oh, I also like Madoka, she's cool! The ED song is really nice too, the uplifting lyrics makes me smile.
Oct 2, 2019 11:58 PM
Feb 2012
-Stray said:
1. Will there be gay shit in here? it seems like the MC might be into the female basketball player gal so I think he's safe but like... will there be any gay signs here?

Look at you and your disgusting fragile masculinity it’s hilarious and pathetic that your first thought as indicated by your 1. Was wondering if there was any gay shit in here
Meanwhile everyone else had other more useful things to write about
I don’t even know how you’ve made it this far in the medium with this attitude, you are completely in denial... it’s not a good look
ahneemeOct 3, 2019 12:13 AM
Oct 3, 2019 12:01 AM

May 2010
as someone who prefers KnB to Slam Dunk im am not really feeling this show yet.

i didnt like the slomo parts of the show.
Oct 3, 2019 3:09 AM

Aug 2018
o here we go again
a very good start
a very good episode
Oct 3, 2019 4:09 AM

Aug 2018
A promising start. I'm sure further investment will occur later down the line making it even better. I can't wait to see what the team will be capable of when they're whipped back into shape by Sora.
Oct 3, 2019 4:25 AM
May 2019
After seeing that the MC here was a short guy beaten to pulp by punks, point guard was the first thing came in my mind. I'm amused by his characteristics, those types of traits were the one I'm looking up to when it comes to anime characters. Then here comes a strange huge guy came into the scene making those funny lines and an air of idiocy about him.
I'm not that hyped after listening to its music. I think that it's not something like Slam Dunk's opening, where every kids way back was very hyped when they hear Slam Dunk's op. From the op, you could see them making those flashy moves. Wow, this one seems like different from the previous one we've had, where a guy with glasses shoots three from the other side of court.
Well, the first episode was very well made. I hope that it consistently become another good anime basketball, not on par with Slam Dunk, but something that would be good.
Oct 3, 2019 4:58 AM

Sep 2017
Black_Sheep97 said:
CHC said:
I mean, nothing is terribly executed in this episode, but how is it different from all the other shounen sport anime? I guess it's gonna be decent if it's your first few shounen sport, but it's hard to imagine you would enjoy it if you have already seen more than 10 other similar shows.

Also Diomedea has a pretty bad production track record so I'm dropping it. I'll give a couple more episodes if it were Production I. G. or something, but not Diomedea..
Understandable reasoning, can't speak on the production so far, and this kind of plot has been done before.

But in defense of most sports anime or genre specific stories in general, the start is almost always similar in terms of plot and as it progresses they almost always tend to vary in terms of plot and more importantly characterization and dynamics that exists.
Take another legendary anime, slam dunk , it's start is reminiscent of certain elements that were already done in touch but as the story progressed it involved and improved that archetype.

Not trying to convince you to pick it up, just trying to entertain the idea of why people like me who continue watching and the potential that it may have to be special despite regular beginnings.

Is Slam Dunk really similar to Touch?

But I can see your point. It's just that in that case (when you're "compelled" to have a generic start), details and style become all important. That's why I mentioned Diomedea's mediocre production. Otherwise there is little reason why I shouldn't be watching or rewatching a similar show with a better production when there are so many of them.

Btw I didn't think the anime adaptation of Slam Dunk is any good. It had really bad pacing and mediocre art. I absolutely loved the manga though.
Oct 3, 2019 5:03 AM

Feb 2019
I didn't expect much because of diomedia but they did good job on this one.
Oct 3, 2019 6:15 AM
Nov 2015
CHC said:
Black_Sheep97 said:

Is Slam Dunk really similar to Touch?

But I can see your point. It's just that in that case (when you're "compelled" to have a generic start), details and style become all important. That's why I mentioned Diomedea's mediocre production. Otherwise there is little reason why I shouldn't be watching or rewatching a similar show with a better production when there are so many of them.

Btw I didn't think the anime adaptation of Slam Dunk is any good. It had really bad pacing and mediocre art. I absolutely loved the manga though.
well the story arc structure and some personality, motivations are similar to each other for a certain Characters but slam dunk improves upon it and gets better at it and touch focuses on the romance side of it whereas slam dunk doesn't and I was talking about the story not about production and I haven't seen the slam dunk manga.

Yeah I understand, but for me atleast I don't have a problem with generic start or have a problem with generic ideas in fiction in general, as I believe all fiction are snowflakes , they may share similarities but there are always small differences in something that make it a difference experience and i always want to know what differences there are in the snowflakes whether one is more beautiful than the other. For instance this story has similarities to haikyuu, the main character for instance but his dynamics with other characters in the show is different.

I'm not much of a production guy, even if an anime had a shitty production I would get into it because of the story.
Oct 3, 2019 7:49 AM
Dec 2013
As long as it doesn't take 5 episodes for the ball to finally fall in the hoop when getting thrown from a 3-points distance (and not the momention all these war flashbacks during it), I'm gucchi with this anime.

At first, I had no plans to watch this, but I had nothing to do so I checked it out the moment it got released. Not disappointed, the first episode was very nice.
Oct 3, 2019 7:53 AM
Dec 2013
Jfs_ said:
The next haikyuu?

More like Kuroko no Basket
Oct 3, 2019 9:35 AM

Jun 2013
Nice OP a really good episode.
Oct 3, 2019 9:39 AM

Aug 2018
Good introduction, this caught my interest
Oct 3, 2019 9:48 AM
Nov 2015
Oh boy here we go a anime that worth to wait every weeks
Oct 3, 2019 11:15 AM
Apr 2017
I actually really enjoyed the first episode and it got me hyped for the coming episodes. Chiaki is hilarious, it actually made me laugh out loud. And hearing that it will be a 4 course made me even more hyped.
Oct 3, 2019 12:07 PM

Jul 2014
ahneeme said:
-Stray said:

Look at you and your disgusting fragile masculinity it’s hilarious and pathetic that your first thought as indicated by your 1. Was wondering if there was any gay shit in here
Meanwhile everyone else had other more useful things to write about
I don’t even know how you’ve made it this far in the medium with this attitude, you are completely in denial... it’s not a good look

Ok ..............
Oct 3, 2019 12:54 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I don't watch a lot of sports anime so I gave this series a shot and I like it so far.
Oct 3, 2019 6:56 PM

Jun 2014
If you want to play a sport in high school, you should probably do a little research on the state of their current athletic programs before deciding to enroll in a high school. Take notes future MCs.
Oct 3, 2019 7:24 PM

May 2010
"Solid generic start", some part were cheaply done to move the plot but its okay I guess.
Oct 3, 2019 8:27 PM

Mar 2014
seriously? a man in 149 cm height. i am astonished.
Oct 3, 2019 10:35 PM
Jul 2018
If I remember, I didn't like the manga's character design but the anime made it looks better although looks juvenile/not very original looking (compare to manga) ,still prefer this. Also the pacing of manga was also dreadfully slow and I am finding much engaging in the anime. Overall feels like typical-shounen-but-done-damn-right kinda thing with more grounded in reality. let's see if this can hold its consistency (or rather I can hold my interest) in the long run especially coming from studio Diomedea.
Oct 3, 2019 11:59 PM
Jan 2019
Not even 3 episodes have passed and I already love this anime 😁. Animation is wonderful for my eyes. It addresses a wide variety of genres, in addition to sport, from comedy to drama. Sora, the protagonist, I like. And the OP and the ED are great, the lyrics match the plot of the anime.
I just love it.
I have a feeling that it will become one of my favorites and one of the best anime of the Fall 2019 season.
Anyway, I was amazed with this first episode 10/10.

Ps: It reminds me of anime, also of sports, Hinomaru Zumou.

"Even if they have wings, birds don't fly without a sky."
Oct 4, 2019 4:58 AM

Jul 2016
I expected absolutely nothing this season, so I was pleasantly surprised to find this. The sound editing's a little weird in a few spots, but everything else was a-ok.
Oct 4, 2019 5:05 AM

Oct 2010
I really expect this whole early bullshit to be resolved in whatever conventional way to make the sport and competition begin to shine in the show. That's all I'm saying and I hope it will be a lot of fun once it clears this introductory arc.
Oct 4, 2019 6:30 AM
Sep 2018
Nice start. Chiaki seems to be a likeable character. I want to know in coming episodes about Chiaki's unwillingness about playing basketball.
I also wonder about Sora's mother's basketball history.
Over all it's seems to be a bright 🌟 for this anime.
Hope there will be at least 26 episodes.
Join the Last Parade for your anime Salvation
Oct 4, 2019 7:05 AM

Jun 2012
I guess I hype myself too much for this. Because what a boring episode that was.....only shown the premise, didn't even let Sora finish his show off at all.
Oct 4, 2019 7:35 AM

Oct 2017
Mhm seems promising i've hope that it would more realistic than knb xD
Oct 4, 2019 8:45 AM

Aug 2013
Finally a decent basketball anime after decades. XD
Oct 4, 2019 9:27 AM

May 2015
Looks great so far!

I like the unusual cast of characters, it'll be interesting to see how they'll get motivated after all and how this quandary will typically turn out into strong bonds of friendship, lol. Seriously though, I'm really glad there's a decent looking sports anime coming out this season.
Oct 4, 2019 9:40 AM
Jan 2019
A nice, cute first episode. KnB was my first sports anime and I’m looking forward to enjoying another basketball show. Chiaki is incredibly entertaining so far.
Oct 4, 2019 1:47 PM

Jan 2016
I hated it until towards the end, hopefully it gets better.
Oct 4, 2019 2:30 PM

Jun 2015
I like MC's determination.
"If it's about basketball, I can be equal to anyone"
He DOES feel insecure about his short stature, but he can speak through his basketball. Neat!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ahiru no Sora Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2020

77 by Henk-Devries »»
Feb 13, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Ahiru no Sora Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2019

45 by Hinata22525 »»
Nov 21, 2023 10:54 PM

Poll: » Ahiru no Sora Episode 26 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2020

37 by nightjasmine »»
Oct 12, 2023 1:51 AM

Poll: » Ahiru no Sora Episode 49 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2020

38 by mirco99 »»
Oct 8, 2023 2:57 PM

» Will there be a season 2 of Ahiru no Sora?

TheCryBabyHero - Jul 10, 2023

7 by DemiDaCactus »»
Aug 27, 2023 9:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.