Available on Manga Store
New
The next big anime?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 6, 2019 9:23 PM
Jan 2019
Monarch9 said:
HungryForQuality said:
but I do think it's better than Attack on Titan.

That ain't it chief.

It's really good probably the best this season( it's between this and Dr stone) but certainly not better than aot.
trust me, I am the biggest aot fan but I think that this one is gonna be better, I have few friends that they all agree that this is a masterpiece it is so well written and it's the best thing they ever read, so this is my opinion, I hope I don't get disappointed
Aug 6, 2019 9:25 PM
Mar 2018
ayalazhar08 said:
Monarch9 said:

That ain't it chief.

It's really good probably the best this season( it's between this and Dr stone) but certainly not better than aot.
trust me, I am the biggest aot fan but I think that this one is gonna be better, I have few friends that they all agree that this is a masterpiece it is so well written and it's the best thing they ever read, so this is my opinion, I hope I don't get disappointed

^ aot is pretty overrated. its good, but its not anything super special
Aug 7, 2019 3:15 AM

Oct 2015
Depends how big we're talking. The content isnt mainstream enough to be one of these super hype shows like AoT (Especially what will probably be season 2. Im already dreading the comments for this one) but if adapted properly it will be a great series and naturally have plenty of fans.
Aug 7, 2019 6:20 AM
Jan 2019
HotPocketChris said:
ayalazhar08 said:

I. Sorry but it's not overrated at all its one of the bet we'll ritten story's ever
HotPocketChris said:
ayalazhar08 said:

I think that aot is one of the best well written stories I ever watched with the best pilot twists and best killing scenes with amazing music just wach the the second court of season 3 its extraordinary
Aug 7, 2019 6:54 PM
Mar 2018
ayalazhar08 said:
HotPocketChris said:

I. Sorry but it's not overrated at all its one of the bet we'll ritten story's ever
HotPocketChris said:

I think that aot is one of the best well written stories I ever watched with the best pilot twists and best killing scenes with amazing music just wach the the second court of season 3 its extraordinary

yeah, i already watched all the aot seasons. its pretty decent, and really gets good at s3 part 2. but i still think there are better stories out there, like hxh and fmab
Aug 7, 2019 7:04 PM

Oct 2013
HotPocketChris said:
ayalazhar08 said:

yeah, i already watched all the aot seasons. its pretty decent, and really gets good at s3 part 2. but i still think there are better stories out there, like hxh and fmab

I was going to reply to you earlier, but decided not to, but now this has reach the bizzarre realm, I'm really confuse by this discussion, the guy you are now having a debate with, literally said he is a huge attack on titan fan, but he think vinland saga is going to even be better! than attack on titan You have a attack on titan fan literally saying this one is going to be better than attack on titan, what more do you want?

Then he say he think that attack on titan is one of the best written series, not the best written series And you reply saying you think other series are better, when did he say it is the best?

Seems to me you just wanted to tell someone that attack on titan is overrated and not the best series ever The guy was literally on your side praising vinland saga and that still wasn't enough for you?

Like I get it, you are a huge fan of vinland saga and nothing is wrong with stating your opinion, but base off this context, those comments were unnecessary, it was like you were replying to the wrong guy or something. Simple bizzare.....

Attack on titan fan says, I am a attack on titan fan, but vinland saga is better! and is one of the best written series ever! :)

vinland saga fan, Attack on titan is overrated, nothing special! ???????????

attack on titan fan, I think attack on titan is one of the best written story I ever watch :)

Vinland saga fan, attack on titan is good but not the best series ever, fmab and hxh are better! ??????????

^That does not disprove his point that attack on titan is one of the best written series......

If he had said attack on titan is better than vinland saga, then all those comments you made would make a lot more sense. You are trying to have a debate with someone that was already on your side to begin with? Ridiculous.
keragammingAug 7, 2019 7:27 PM
Aug 8, 2019 1:16 PM
Mar 2018
keragamming said:
HotPocketChris said:

I was going to reply to you earlier, but decided not to, but now this has reach the bizzarre realm, I'm really confuse by this discussion, the guy you are now having a debate with, literally said he is a huge attack on titan fan, but he think vinland saga is going to even be better! than attack on titan You have a attack on titan fan literally saying this one is going to be better than attack on titan, what more do you want?

Then he say he think that attack on titan is one of the best written series, not the best written series And you reply saying you think other series are better, when did he say it is the best?

Seems to me you just wanted to tell someone that attack on titan is overrated and not the best series ever The guy was literally on your side praising vinland saga and that still wasn't enough for you?

Like I get it, you are a huge fan of vinland saga and nothing is wrong with stating your opinion, but base off this context, those comments were unnecessary, it was like you were replying to the wrong guy or something. Simple bizzare.....

Attack on titan fan says, I am a attack on titan fan, but vinland saga is better! and is one of the best written series ever! :)

vinland saga fan, Attack on titan is overrated, nothing special! ???????????

attack on titan fan, I think attack on titan is one of the best written story I ever watch :)

Vinland saga fan, attack on titan is good but not the best series ever, fmab and hxh are better! ??????????

^That does not disprove his point that attack on titan is one of the best written series......

If he had said attack on titan is better than vinland saga, then all those comments you made would make a lot more sense. You are trying to have a debate with someone that was already on your side to begin with? Ridiculous.

we just disagree when he was saying aot is one of the best written stories ever. its decent but fmab and hxh, I think, had better stories. thats all im tryna say. obviously ppl would disagree with this since different people like different things

btw i havent read the manga for vinland saga. im only a fan of it in that i just seen the anime. idk if it will be better than aot
Aug 8, 2019 2:02 PM

Dec 2016
Well probably in their top 10 yeah
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Sep 17, 2019 2:12 PM

Oct 2018
Well, so far it very much looks like it won't be the next big thing.
Sep 18, 2019 4:23 AM
Feb 2019
-Aincrad- said:

It seems it won't be in terms of popularity (as AoT), but it is in terms of anime quality
Sep 18, 2019 8:40 AM

Dec 2014
This show got too much hype surounding it before it even released, I wsan't even too excited but with all that hype you would have expected some nice storytelling or good animation.

Well, besides somewhat nice animation thoughout the whole episodes I watched, the story didn't capture me one bit, it is boring, bland, uninteresting...

I had to drop it after 5 Episode simply because not a single episode was giving me anything I get even out of the shittiest anime out there.

So to your question, while the animation is good, (or rather was good since I don't know how it went after episode 5) everything else surounding it be it characters, music or the story itself has 0 pull and this might be a case where people who read the source material are gonna enjoy this more then anyone else, cause damn... this shit was unbearable.
Sep 18, 2019 9:23 AM
Feb 2019
I can't believe that there's people who really believe that VS will surpass AOT in popularity?!!!!

Do you guys remember or even know in which episode AOT caused a mega hype around the entire world?
Yes, it was the first episode!!! and then throughout the rest of the season became the biggest anime in the world,'causing so much hype, and I mean a REAL HOT HYPE in the west...

While we're already 10 episodes in VS and it's still under Demon Slayer and Dr.Stone shadows, not saying I prefer them over VS, but they're more popular especially Demon Slayer,
Even TPN caused more hype than VS from the first episode and in only one cour.

So I just don't understand those who say "VS has the potential to surpass AOT" excuse me?!
Not like the popularity will decide an anime's quality as VS is looking so great so far, but lying about the possibility to surpass AOT is just hilarious.

I don't think there will be any series from WIT as big as AOT, now and forever,

I just hope you all to stop bringing AOT in every VS's discussion, it seems like some need some kind of validation, or that them saying AOT is overrated or that VS is better will change the fact that AOT is much bigger.

Also, many seem to ignore the fact that AOT is very special with its mix of shounen and Seinen, and personally I enjoyed AOT's story more in the first 10 episodes of season 1 and now I even love it more, and I'm sure what's coming is much greater...
So it's not like a fact that VS is better, it's all about preferences, I prefer AOT's story more since it's more original and unique, and others prefer VS, I think both are great on their own story.

So please, stop comparing AOT to every new series just in order to hate on it, it won't change anything.
Have respect for both shows without dragging their names down, it's getting very childish.
crybabynesSep 18, 2019 9:26 AM
Sep 18, 2019 12:40 PM

Feb 2019
crybabynes said:
I can't believe that there's people who really believe that VS will surpass AOT in popularity?!!!!

Do you guys remember or even know in which episode AOT caused a mega hype around the entire world?
Yes, it was the first episode!!! and then throughout the rest of the season became the biggest anime in the world,'causing so much hype, and I mean a REAL HOT HYPE in the west...

While we're already 10 episodes in VS and it's still under Demon Slayer and Dr.Stone shadows, not saying I prefer them over VS, but they're more popular especially Demon Slayer,
Even TPN caused more hype than VS from the first episode and in only one cour.

So I just don't understand those who say "VS has the potential to surpass AOT" excuse me?!
Not like the popularity will decide an anime's quality as VS is looking so great so far, but lying about the possibility to surpass AOT is just hilarious.

I don't think there will be any series from WIT as big as AOT, now and forever,

I just hope you all to stop bringing AOT in every VS's discussion, it seems like some need some kind of validation, or that them saying AOT is overrated or that VS is better will change the fact that AOT is much bigger.

Also, many seem to ignore the fact that AOT is very special with its mix of shounen and Seinen, and personally I enjoyed AOT's story more in the first 10 episodes of season 1 and now I even love it more, and I'm sure what's coming is much greater...
So it's not like a fact that VS is better, it's all about preferences, I prefer AOT's story more since it's more original and unique, and others prefer VS, I think both are great on their own story.

So please, stop comparing AOT to every new series just in order to hate on it, it won't change anything.
Have respect for both shows without dragging their names down, it's getting very childish.

Dude. I agree. It's annoying as hell. It's only starting discussion wars.
Sep 18, 2019 3:02 PM

Jan 2019
This is a dumb thread.
Sep 18, 2019 5:03 PM

Aug 2019
It may be WiT's next big project, but it'd be unwise to suggest it would even scratch the surface of AoT's popularity or mass appeal.

After this arc, the direction of the story changes dramatically, and whilst it's still a fantastic story with one of the best written MC's I've ever seen in the medium, it just doesn't have enough action to keep action-heavy fans interested or invested enough to keep ploughing through the quieter, more character-driven elements of the journey. It'll lose and gain some viewers along the way and remain very much a niche anime.

It gets mentioned on a near daily basis as an anime of the year contender, but as of yet, I've yet to see anything (aside from a few fleeting moments) which justifies that tag.
Oct 1, 2019 8:03 PM

Sep 2019
keragamming said:
LalatinaDarkness said:

I meant the demographic.

18 to 34 is like the most watch demographic for anime and probably in general, I think using the term "adult oriented" can be confusing, I think you are saying the farmarc will probably not appeal to everyone because it is more character focus and less action? If that is the case that doesn't have any to do with being catered to adult or not, but more to do with preference.

I heard it will be a lot more slice of life in the farm arc, which is not a popular genre to begin with.
Do you know the stats of Vinland saga are 6-4-2 i.e. 6 episodes are in 80% 5/5, 4 in 70% and 2 are 60%. Upto 9 episodes it was 6-3 with no 60% episodes but from past foo weeks it hasn't cemented 80% whereas no 90% in existence till now.
PeetiOct 1, 2019 8:08 PM
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Oct 1, 2019 9:57 PM
Aug 2019
-Aincrad- said:

Who really knows though. Demon slayer is a great example. All it takes is a good start and a single spark to set something ablaze. Can’t wait to see what the future of this series holds. Hopefully myself and others won’t be disappointed.
Oct 1, 2019 10:23 PM

Oct 2013
EchoAnEternity said:
-Aincrad- said:

Who really knows though. Demon slayer is a great example. All it takes is a good start and a single spark to set something ablaze. Can’t wait to see what the future of this series holds. Hopefully myself and others won’t be disappointed.

Vinland saga lacks the oomph! that would get people excited, its more of a slow paced adventure series, I read 50 chapters of the manga and like it, but I liked it for different reasons, who knows maybe the anime will give it some oomph.
Oct 1, 2019 10:39 PM
Aug 2019
Peeti said:
Do you know the stats of Vinland saga are 6-4-2 i.e. 6 episodes are in 80% 5/5, 4 in 70% and 2 are 60%. Upto 9 episodes it was 6-3 with no 60% episodes but from past foo weeks it hasn't cemented 80% whereas no 90% in existence till now.

Sorry to butt-in. I wanted to get your opinion of episodes 9-12, especially EP10 & EP12?
Some earlier episodes also lack action but are better received, so there has to be more to it than that. The first 4 episodes are the favorites, which makes sense because Thors is more likable than Thorfinn. And while episodes 5-8 aren't as liked as 1-4, it's not by much.
Oct 1, 2019 10:54 PM

Sep 2019
najumobi said:
Peeti said:

Sorry to butt-in. I wanted to get your opinion of episodes 9-12, especially EP10 & EP12?
Some earlier episodes also lack action but are better received, so there has to be more to it than that. The first 4 episodes are the favorites, which makes sense because Thors is more likable than Thorfinn. And while episodes 5-8 aren't as liked as 1-4, it's not by much.
Actually episode 10 and 12 are the least well received. U can see by their 5/5 %age which is in 60's%. 1st two episodes has 5/5 in 70's% whereas episodes from 3-9 got the most well feedback as 6 out of these 7 got 80's% 5/5 with only one 70's% 5/5. Episode 10 is decently received in 70's%. Now u can further divide these into high 80's/70's/60's, mid 80's/70's/60's and low 80's/70's/60's %age for more depth.
PeetiOct 1, 2019 11:34 PM
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Oct 1, 2019 11:37 PM

Sep 2019
keragamming said:
EchoAnEternity said:

Vinland saga lacks the oomph! that would get people excited, its more of a slow paced adventure series, I read 50 chapters of the manga and like it, but I liked it for different reasons, who knows maybe the anime will give it some oomph.
U stopped 4 chapters before the prologue ending. Next arc starts at chapter 55. Damn, what a stopping point u chose.
Oct 1, 2019 11:42 PM

Oct 2013
Peeti said:
keragamming said:

U stopped 4 chapters before the prologue ending. Next arc starts at chapter 55. Damn, what a stopping point u chose.

Yeah, a few users have pointed that out, never knew I was almost at the end of that arc, It's been years since I have read those chapters probably around 4 years, and it is not like I lost interest in the series or anything, I just got side tracked by other series, and that is the case for a lot of manga series.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2019

352 by Herrior »»
Yesterday, 11:47 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2019

795 by Lawgun »»
Yesterday, 3:43 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2019

391 by ecklonia »»
Apr 15, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

271 by Fibyu »»
Apr 10, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2019

259 by JustAnotherShiro »»
Mar 24, 2:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.