Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 26, 2019 11:48 PM

Jan 2018
TinyTempest said:
hazecloud said:
The writing of these newly released isekai show is like bedtime stories for your kids. I also feel like they can't properly adapt anything from light novel. I can still enjoy it, so hope they can improve it.

If it's for my daughter, then I'd defeat a demon lord is the only one isekai that I sadly cannot continue. I think it's just a straight up slice of life moe with the intention to increase birthrate in japan.

Dude. Hate to point it out but if it's for my daughter, then I'd even defeat a demon lord isnt an isekai

Nah, it's been a while since I've seen it so it's okay to know I'm wrong :p
Sep 26, 2019 11:50 PM
Jul 2018
YES!

I'd fucking kill for a recent sword and sorcery fantasy anime that isn't isekai, isn't a harem (or otherwise have an overwhelmingly female cast with a male lead), and doesn't have game elements! PLEASE. The fact that this is such a difficult requirement these days is infuriating.

I know "don't like don't watch" and all that, and I agree with that sentiment, but one of my favorite genres is fantasy. It's not like there's anything for me to watch other than old stuff. :(
removed-userSep 27, 2019 12:36 AM
Sep 27, 2019 2:23 AM

Aug 2009
wangon said:
Personally, I am. At the start when isekais started getting pumped out I enjoyed it, however since it's being saturated so much I'm finding it hard to actually enjoy isekai animes. What's your opinion?

No. I read the plot synopsis. If something doesn't sound appealling to me then I don't watch it. If it does sound appealing then I watch it.
Sep 27, 2019 10:09 AM

May 2018
yes. i dont even bother watching them anymore, now whenever i see them in seasonal anime charts i just roll my eyes like ugh, people actually still watch this shit?
Sep 27, 2019 10:13 AM

Apr 2018
No, but I'm sick of people complaining about isekai
Sep 27, 2019 10:19 AM

Apr 2019
Mariothedog said:
No, all isekai anime are perfect without exception.
Thanks, you just made my day 🤣. A generic question demands a satirically generic answer.

Sep 27, 2019 11:02 AM

Jan 2019
Yes, thank you for bring up this topic. Because God I swear there's plenty of manga and light novels out there that have more unique, better story and characters instead "died then move to another world". I mean I don't mind isekai if they have a good story telling but most of em lately is just trash. And I'm done for isekai because of that
Sep 27, 2019 11:29 AM

Mar 2019
Tomoyami_Reiki said:
Yes, thank you for bring up this topic. Because God I swear there's plenty of manga and light novels out there that have more unique, better story and characters instead "died then move to another world". I mean I don't mind isekai if they have a good story telling but most of em lately is just trash. And I'm done for isekai because of that
Yes 100% there are many great, unique isekai mangas out there. I don't get why they aren't adapting those mangas but just generic isekai mangas
Sep 27, 2019 11:47 AM
May 2018
BlakexEkalb said:
No, I'm sick of bad isekai shows that don't try to branch out at all and create a new plot.

I feel the same way about all those boring ass isekais being made we need more stuff like rezero
Sep 27, 2019 11:56 AM

Jan 2019
wangon said:
Tomoyami_Reiki said:
Yes 100% there are many great, unique isekai mangas out there. I don't get why they aren't adapting those mangas but just generic isekai mangas

Yeah ikr. They should've find that rare diamond not just mere putting an isekai genre without a good plot
Sep 27, 2019 12:18 PM

Aug 2018
I get more sick of people using the wrong word 'animes' to be fair if you ask me.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Sep 27, 2019 12:20 PM

May 2009
Come to think of it, I prefer the magical battle school fad over the isekai fad, as far as fads go.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Sep 30, 2019 6:59 PM

Jul 2013
Di-tto! I'm sick of seeing so anime belonging to that mediocre fantasy genre too, more tiresome and derivative than even superhero media. At least superheroes get to venture into different genres like neo-Western, gallows humor, thriller and even science fantasy. I prefer true fantasy novels like Lord of the Rings and I'm more of a black comedy type of guy, btw.
Kurt_IrvingSep 30, 2019 7:03 PM
Oct 1, 2019 2:31 AM

Sep 2018
Yes, they are lazy but they are aim at loser nerd who go to another world to become heroes so I think they will carry on for a while as they are popular in Japan.

Sadly they only range from insta-drop to bland.
Oct 1, 2019 4:33 PM

Dec 2012
No, not really, but I'm sick of Japan making things as 12 episode long commercials for the books that don't get a proper full adaptation and a lot of these are alternate world fantasy shows.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Oct 1, 2019 7:16 PM

Sep 2016
I wouldn't say I'm sick of them, it's a bit like trying to find something to eat but all you can find are fast-food restaurants, I'll eat it but I don't exactly revere them as excellent.

The genre has potential it's just there's a lot of bad isekai being circulated.

ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴀꜱɪᴇꜱᴛ ᴡᴀy ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴩ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴜʀᴛ
yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀʟʟ yᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴇᴀʀɴᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʟɪᴋᴇ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
Oct 1, 2019 7:19 PM

Mar 2015
yotamdin said:
Im sick of the bad isekai shows that tried to hop on the trend to make a quick buck, without doing anything to stand out, like the dozens of isekais coming out each season

What im not sick of is the actual good isekai animes, that either come up with refreshing new stories like overlord and konosuba or refine the genre and executing it well like shield hero

Shield hero is very mediocre, both in writing and execution.
The world is not beautiful. Therefore, it is.
Oct 1, 2019 7:21 PM

May 2018
I don't even watch it unless it's really good.
Oct 1, 2019 7:22 PM

Jul 2016
You can't get sick of something you're not forced to watch all the time.
Oct 1, 2019 7:24 PM

Feb 2013
I'm more sick of the people who complain about Isekai, honestly. Even more that those same people only look at anime and won't try to branch to the good LN out there.
Oct 1, 2019 7:56 PM

Feb 2019
No, I'm not sick of isekai Anime at all.
Probably another fad, there's Good isekai and there are terrible ones, as long as its fun to watch I am all for it~

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Oct 1, 2019 8:03 PM

Sep 2018
No, they're pretty easy to watch and are mostly entertaining. The more the merrier.
Oct 1, 2019 8:11 PM

Dec 2010
Don't care I read a lot of isekai web novels and light novels so I would like to see an anime adaptation of some of them.
Oct 1, 2019 8:26 PM

Aug 2010
I am, too many are too similar. More variety, please.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Oct 1, 2019 8:41 PM
Jul 2018
HAha, not at all. I love em, even the mediocre ones. There's plenty of quality out there, so a few just for fun shows every season never hurt anyone. Most people claim to only watch 2 episodes of anime a day, I watch a bit more, so I think those low effort light novel crank outs are geared more for people like me. IF they were the only shows coming out id probably get a little bored with the format admittedly, but they aren't, and NO ONE is twisting my arm to watch em. They are also good eye bleach for some of the more serious stuff out there. After a gut wrenching, heart breaking masterpiece, I just want to watch some generic protag get caught trying to peek over a very Japanese style outdoor bath gender barrier. Its my comfort anime.
Oct 1, 2019 8:43 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
As long as i keep getting some worthwhile, trashy fan service then I'll take all the isekai anime's being made.
Oct 1, 2019 9:02 PM
BL Connoisseur

Oct 2008
Honestly, aside from Overlord (which I have not yet watched but I plan to) and Konosuba (which I absolutely loathed), the two most highly lauded isekai anime, PLEASE recommend a good isekai anime to me that is not harem, does not have romance, is not done for the sake of fanservice and subpar sexual humor, and has an actual well-written plot. Then MAYBE I won't be too averse towards the genre.

But yes, to answer your question, I'm sick of them. There are so many other amazing manga that could be adapted into anime but these isekai shit take up screentime that should be allotted to them. Ugh.

I am forever your most devoted believer.

Oct 1, 2019 9:05 PM

Mar 2019
Where are all of them? I've only ever encountered: The Familiar of Zero, No Game, no Life, Astarotte's Toy, Re:Zero, and Sword Art Online?

Where are all these thousands of "Isekai" shows that I constantly hear complaining about?

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Oct 1, 2019 11:26 PM

May 2018
gwendal738 said:
PLEASE recommend a good isekai anime to me that is not harem, does not have romance, is not done for the sake of fanservice and subpar sexual humor, and has an actual well-written plot.

Well you already liked Youjo Senki.

Maybe the OVA of Orguss is something like that but it has a bit or romance (you can watch it without the TV) or Mahou Shoujo Tai Arusu.

Sphinxter said:

Where are all these thousands of "Isekai" shows that I constantly hear complaining about?

Just look behind you!

Oct 1, 2019 11:32 PM

Jun 2016
Honestly a little bit tired of isekai anime, but isekai MANGA on the other hand, i'm going crazy for. Recently, they has been more series that are shoujo-isekai and i am living of them.

Only a matter of time before they get an anime 8)
then again, i will like any kind of genre as long as its well written and presented
Oct 1, 2019 11:34 PM

Oct 2013
Kinda. That's why I choose not to watch most of them. Sounds crazy, right? But you know it actually works. Can't be bothered by what you don't watch.
Oct 2, 2019 12:33 AM
Jun 2019
No i am not sick of isekai animes.in fact i cherish iskeai animes the most...as they got me into anime.
Oct 2, 2019 4:30 AM
Aug 2013
It depends I am bored of bad isekai, but a good isekai such as gantz is awesome. They can be really good... I kind of blame sword art online for starting the whole bad isekai phase in anime, yes there was other isekai that existed before sword art online but that's when it started to take a turn downhill. It gave birth to other bad VRMMO isekai anime such as hai to gensou, dungeon ni deai, log horizon, overlord, btooom, etc.

To answer your question yes and no, it depends on the anime.
~AnimeDownUnder~

Oct 3, 2019 12:44 PM

Dec 2018
I'm more sick of the common tropes that are used, even promising ones like Shield Hero fell victim to them. And it's not like battle shounen where a lot of the common tropes are usually pretty well done

the shounen are praised precisely for using cliches meanwhile the isekai's nope
Oct 3, 2019 9:51 PM

May 2014
Synrax said:
The upcoming season looks like it only has 1 new isekai coming out Kono Yusha ga Ore Tsue Kuse ni Shincho Sugiru.

I finished up the fourth isekai of this season. Suffice to say, we went from the absolute worst of last season to the best of this year from just a couple days of premieres.
Oct 3, 2019 9:58 PM

Jan 2018
Not at all, but it's pretty hard to get sick of something you don't watch.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Oct 4, 2019 4:30 PM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
No because I skip or don't invest to heavily in all the shitty ones and just watched the couple each year that are great like Shield Hero and Reincarnated As A Slime both of which I loved. There's a reason the genre is so popular, these shows aren't as bad as everybody says, there really are some great ones, fantasy as a genre just lends itself to so many cool possibilities.
Oct 6, 2019 9:03 AM

Mar 2012
gwendal738 said:
PLEASE recommend a good isekai anime to me that is not harem, does not have romance, is not done for the sake of fanservice and subpar sexual humor, and has an actual well-written plot.
Have you tried Juuni Kokuki?

OT: I wouldn't say that the isekai theme itself is inherently bad but yes I'm sick of all these recent isekai written by authors who have zero imagination and simply copy the exact same settings and scenarios over and over again. I even found the much acclaimed Slime and Shield Hero to be the same old boring copy-paste much like the others.
Oct 6, 2019 9:07 AM
Jul 2018
I'm not cause I ignore them mostly, but when people are overhyping bad isekai like shield hero it pisses me off. It's good that most people don't discuss about the seasonal isekai as much.
Oct 6, 2019 11:41 AM

Aug 2018
johnbradshaw said:
yotamdin said:
Im sick of the bad isekai shows that tried to hop on the trend to make a quick buck, without doing anything to stand out, like the dozens of isekais coming out each season

What im not sick of is the actual good isekai animes, that either come up with refreshing new stories like overlord and konosuba or refine the genre and executing it well like shield hero

Shield hero is very mediocre, both in writing and execution.
shield hero aint a masterpiece but i wouldnt say its mediocre looking at its animation and story, it looks better than a lot of animes that are considered good and the only complaint i has was the cgi which wasnt bad by itself but looked out of place next to the 2d parts.

And ye i agree with the story not being so good but i see its appeal.

But hey we all have our opinions
Oct 6, 2019 11:43 AM

Jul 2019
Who isn't they are terrible only genre that is worst then them is harem/ecchi
Oct 6, 2019 2:02 PM

Sep 2011
No. I am getting sick of shit isekai animes.
Oct 6, 2019 7:13 PM

Aug 2016
Not really.

I don't really feel isekai is clogging up all the seasonal anime. Plus there are still some good ones out there. Even if there wasn't, there are plenty of older anime to watch as I wait for something else.
Oct 6, 2019 8:28 PM
BL Connoisseur

Oct 2008
Maou_heika said:
gwendal738 said:
Have you tried Juuni Kokuki?

I have not, but I just checked out the synopsis and it seems right up my alley - plus I saw the author is also the one who make Shiki and Ghost Hunt (both of which I have not watched in full, but have been impressed with what I've seen so far). Thanks for the recommendation!

I am forever your most devoted believer.

Oct 7, 2019 5:12 PM

Mar 2019
addy-noven said:
BlakexEkalb said:
No, I'm sick of bad isekai shows that don't try to branch out at all and create a new plot.

yes, I can see what u mean, like
Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody
another world with my smartphone
Isekai Cheat Magician
how not to summon a demon lord
have more or less the same plot...
and The Worst Isekai Anime (Master of Ragnarok and Blesser of Einherjar)
and the list can go one and one...
I found an isekai manga that has the concept of the main character having 3 different spririts and with them hes able to be basically op. Would be nice to see that get adapted since we haven't seen an isekai anime like it
Oct 7, 2019 5:14 PM

Apr 2016
I've been sick of them since 2017...

Smartphone...
Oct 7, 2019 5:21 PM

Jul 2019
Somewhat but really only because some isekais just follow boring cliches and plot with no change.
Swagernator said:
God damn, another gay thread upon us.
Oct 7, 2019 5:22 PM
Jul 2018
Toastinos said:
Definitely. I don't know a single good Isekai anime.

Digimon Adventure, Magic Knight Rayearth, Escaflowne, Twelve Kingdoms. :P
Oct 7, 2019 8:05 PM

Jan 2016
I actually don't. Maybe I'm just open to trying stuff but yeah.
Oct 7, 2019 8:20 PM
Sep 2019
As for me yeah I did get sick of isekai animes..
But that because the animation is totally shit compared to the original story in LN or even mangas..
If anything, they are being overly downgraded to the points thats the production seems shitty or downright boring..
if its animes we are talking about
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» what's the worst anime you've watched and what exactly was the worst part of it ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Apr 7

63 by Ricchan__ »»
40 seconds ago

» which antagonist is your fave and which one you cannot JUST TAKE SERIOUSLY ?

ame - 3 hours ago

11 by Spunkert »»
4 minutes ago

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Apr 23

25 by Gator »»
23 minutes ago

Poll: » So, is anime male or female?

Tirinchas - Apr 22

44 by Gator »»
24 minutes ago

» Characters you like but everyone else hates. ( 1 2 )

Spunkert - May 17, 2023

51 by Gator »»
25 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.