Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 30, 2019 2:05 PM
Jul 2018
the answer is resounding 100% yes

whatever the reason may be there will always be a large contingent of people like this

i would like to think that the people who like _____ [popular thing] generally care less these days about people hating it for the sake of hating it but that's probably just me projecting, seems like there's still a lot of people who let it get to them for whatever reason too

but overall its really not something to take seriously, it's hard to avoid but ultimately who cares

personally i think the biggest reasons popular stuff gets hated on so much are 1. its another form of hive mentality (which is ironic cause a lot of people hate on popular stuff so they can seem different but they're actually just acting the same as every other person hating for that reason) 2. people are insecure and too obsessed with ratings and other dumb shit like that, which basically leads to pre-disposed mindsets before watching something (i.e. instead of just watching something and taking it for what it is, seeing a high rating beforehand and wanting to dislike it cause of that rating). i mean the rating shit being at the point where people make multiple accounts to try and affect an aggregated rating is like dude... just sign up for mars work and get your shovel

however my brain doesn't operate that way so its just a guess based on observing people's behaviour. there's also a % of people who just genuinely don't like stuff that happens to be popular. there's a couple super highly popular/rated shows i strongly dislike and i bring them up fairly often but i would never say i don't understand why other people like them, or care enough that someone else/a large group likes them to get personal with anybody about it

Sep 30, 2019 2:20 PM
Nostalgia Addict

Feb 2018
But it's overrated dont matter what
Nothing special in this Anime
8.30 is good rating probably .
Sep 30, 2019 4:28 PM
Jul 2019
The word "overrated" Is overrated :v
Sep 30, 2019 5:00 PM

Nov 2016
The anime would be SO MUCH BETTER if it didn't have random moment's of misplaced humor distracting from the seriousness of the show.

I couldn't marathon this anime without getting bored, but Vinland saga? I can't get enough.
Sep 30, 2019 8:18 PM
Jul 2018
SpamuraiSensei said:
The anime would be SO MUCH BETTER if it didn't have random moment's of misplaced humor distracting from the seriousness of the show.

I couldn't marathon this anime without getting bored, but Vinland saga? I can't get enough.

Oh yea I agree, that made the show worse than it is. I really wish they wouldnt do that with shows like this where the MC literally lost pretty much his whole family and people are getting killed left and right, it just doesnt fit.
Sep 30, 2019 8:31 PM

Jul 2016
All in all, just respect people's opinions. You can like it, you can dislike it, but don't go bashing people for liking something. You can criticize an anime without bashing the fanbase.
Oct 1, 2019 3:50 AM

Oct 2018
SpamuraiSensei said:

I personally loved the comedy in it. I think it was great, mainly because it was so random many times
Oct 1, 2019 4:05 AM

May 2019
I liked Kny, but it definitely is over hyped, i have no problem with people claiming its their favorite anime but i have seen way too many claim that is the best shounen anime of all time or even call it the best anime of all time and that really triggers me. Every big anime has a chunk of fans that are stupid and ignorant and thats usually what they're known for despite having normal people in in its fanbase, an anime going mainstream without getting hate is pretty much impossible
Oct 1, 2019 4:22 AM

Dec 2018
SpamuraiSensei said:

I concur, the humour are misplaced and kills moments that was suppose to be serious .It doesn't fit and feels extremely out of place
Oct 1, 2019 4:42 AM

Dec 2015
Esquirtit said:
Yes, all you fans will be attacked by demonic haterz!! Serves you right Demon Slayer fans!!

Victim mentality through the roof lol

So damn true. OP can't see that what he is doing to the people who didn't like the show is the same thing he is claiming "haters" are doing to the "fans". The show is receiving an extremelly massive praise, mainly because of the animation and OST, so of course people who care about a good storytelling will try to defend the fact the show is being overrated.

"Oh but that's your opinion" Yes, the same way it's your opinion the show is a masterpiece. Don't think only because you like something, your opinion is more valid then the other person who want to provide actual criticism for the show
Oct 1, 2019 4:45 AM

Oct 2018
thiago52192 said:
Esquirtit said:
Yes, all you fans will be attacked by demonic haterz!! Serves you right Demon Slayer fans!!

Victim mentality through the roof lol

So damn true. OP can't see that what he is doing to the people who didn't like the show is the same thing he is claiming "haters" are doing to the "fans". The show is receiving an extremelly massive praise, mainly because of the animation and OST, so of course people who care about a good storytelling will try to defend the fact the show is being overrated.

"Oh but that's your opinion" Yes, the same way it's your opinion the show is a masterpiece. Don't think only because you like something, your opinion is more valid then the other person who want to provide actual criticism for the show

And what am exactly doing to people?
-Aincrad-Oct 1, 2019 4:55 AM
Oct 1, 2019 4:53 AM

Aug 2019
Rider9530 said:
Cabron said:
Lmao according to who? No and then you realize that when you get off the internet the majority in real life don't care.

It's just the usual minority being the loudest...

Like always, but the more popular an anime gets the louder it gets.
because of that some people start to hating KNY. They said "The greatest shounen series ever, episode 19 was the best of episode all time." I laughed when my friend who didn't like anime started talking about KNY. For me they are still in the early stages and haven't watched a lot of anime. Later they will realize. Just like me 3 years ago. This doesn't mean I hate KNY. I like and enjoy watching it. It's just that the experience I felt wasn't like what they said
KMSpicoOct 1, 2019 5:01 AM
Oct 1, 2019 5:43 AM

Apr 2015
So if people criticize a popular show now it's being a "hater"?
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Oct 1, 2019 5:57 AM

Oct 2018
Tropisch said:
So if people criticize a popular show now it's being a "hater"?

I'd appreciate if you didn't turn out my words.

You know exactly that's not what I meant, and now what I wrote in my post.
-Aincrad-Oct 1, 2019 6:10 AM
Oct 1, 2019 6:13 AM
Jul 2018
Of course that's what elitist idiots do, hate on popular things which is very edgy if you ask me. For example I still get called an idiot and "You don't know REAL anime wryyyyyyy" because my favourite anime is Attack on Titan but basically what you need to do is ignore those morons, have your own opinion and if people don't like that then they can put a baguette up where the sun doesn't shine.
Oct 1, 2019 6:15 AM

Oct 2018
Peeti said:
-Aincrad- said:

Unfortunately I haven't really encountered that minority yet..
Because these people might be less active on forums and just watch their thing and lurk little bit around. They can be even more but silent as there are 50,000's of 10's votes given to KNY but do u see even 10000 of those in forums?

True. The haters and elitists are always much more active on the forums.
Oct 1, 2019 6:20 AM

Sep 2019
-Aincrad- said:
Peeti said:
Because these people might be less active on forums and just watch their thing and lurk little bit around. They can be even more but silent as there are 50,000's of 10's votes given to KNY but do u see even 10000 of those in forums?

True. The haters and elitists are always much more active on the forums.
Haters, Etilists, Hardcore fanz, free ones, forums lovers are mostly present here.
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Oct 1, 2019 6:23 AM

Dec 2018
How do you different a hater from someone who really things its a mediocre show? I gave it a 5 im a hater? or do i give some criticism to a show a think deserves a mediocre score?

Is it hate when people dont like someones favourite anime?

And the only hate and attacks i have seem is from demon slayer fans. That cant fucking handle some people dont believe this is the pinnacle of anime
Oct 1, 2019 6:35 AM

Oct 2018
Yuri-Crusader said:
Is it hate when people dont like someones favourite anime?

Yes. Not liking an anime which is in someone's favourite is despicable. How do these people think they have the right to disagree with someone?

On a serious note, it absolutely is. Screw them all!

On an even more serious note, of course not. Don't misunderstand the post. That's not what I meant.

Yuri-Crusader said:
How do you different a hater from someone who really things its a mediocre show? I gave it a 5 im a hater? or do i give some criticism to a show a think deserves a mediocre score?

Obviously just from the rating we won't know it. But if they decide to actually post their opinion, it becomes clear if the person is just a hater, or has valid opinion.
Oct 1, 2019 6:45 AM

Aug 2018
-Aincrad- said:
Now that Demon Slayer has grown so popular and even became so highly rated, will it become the next anime that will always be called generic, "trash", and overrated, and liking it will be called a "normie" thing?

Now people who have it in their favourites will be called out for having "trash taste" in anime, for liking Demon Slayer too?

This happens most of the time when an anime becomes so popular.

I've already seen many judging others because they like Demon Slayer, like calling them "kny tards, low IQ kids", calling the anime the most overrated anime ever etc. So is this going to be the new trend now, to hate on the anime and those who actually found it really good and rated it high?

They can hate it all day long, i won't care, the anime will grow and ill get even more happy cause that = more seasons, while the haters will just keep on hatin' and i'll keep on laughing at their stupid comments.
Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
Oct 1, 2019 6:48 AM

Oct 2018
Demonic_Axe said:
-Aincrad- said:
Now that Demon Slayer has grown so popular and even became so highly rated, will it become the next anime that will always be called generic, "trash", and overrated, and liking it will be called a "normie" thing?

Now people who have it in their favourites will be called out for having "trash taste" in anime, for liking Demon Slayer too?

This happens most of the time when an anime becomes so popular.

I've already seen many judging others because they like Demon Slayer, like calling them "kny tards, low IQ kids", calling the anime the most overrated anime ever etc. So is this going to be the new trend now, to hate on the anime and those who actually found it really good and rated it high?

They can hate it all day long, i won't care, the anime will grow and ill get even more happy cause that = more seasons, while the haters will just keep on hatin' and i'll keep on laughing at their stupid comments.

Oh boy, I can't imagine what you'd get for that mean score if you were more active on the forum...
Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with it, but even I get hated on a lot for 8.61 mean score
Oct 1, 2019 6:51 AM

Feb 2015
Hating on it's fans mainly. It should become pretty relevant to hate on Kimetsu no Yaiba fans given how much drama they've stirred up about pointless shit like aged up Nezuko fan art and an adult woman cosplaying Nezuko. (Yes... it sounds dumb but they attacked her for that....)
The fandom is an absolute clown fest and is filled with toxic idiots based on my experiences.
Anime List|Manga List | Discord: Azureal#2963
Oct 1, 2019 6:58 AM

Mar 2012
Xstasy said:
Unfortunately probably, history has shown that whenever anime becomes mainstream enough a group of elitistic haters emerges from the woodworks to bash anyone who enjoys it.

I have 3,42 MS but I enjoy it.
However those who call it "best anime ever" just need to shut their mouses, it's pretty annoying and I understand why they are called Kny tards as the op say.

Don't forget that "best anime ever" =/= "my personal favorite anime".
HaarWyvernOct 1, 2019 7:02 AM
Oct 1, 2019 7:02 AM

Dec 2018
@-Aincrad-

Valid opinion? But isnt that up to the person watching? I don't like the humour ,And the cry baby is one of the worse written character ever and he gets on my nerves,, It takes away the seriousness and makes the whole show a bad fucking joke

Is that valid opinions? If you disagree whose opinions are more valid? Yours or mine?

But hey no hate or anything towards you or anyone who like this anime ,,If you think this is the best anime ever it is for you,,But for me its not =P
Oct 1, 2019 7:03 AM

Oct 2018
HaarWyvern said:
Xstasy said:
Unfortunately probably, history has shown that whenever anime becomes mainstream enough a group of elitistic haters emerges from the woodworks to bash anyone who enjoys it.

I have 3,42 MS but I enjoy it.
However those who call it "best anime ever" just need to shut their mouse, it's pretty annoying and I understand why they are called Kny tards as the op say.

Don't forget that "best anime ever" =/= "my personal favorite anime".

I agree that calling it the best anime ever is just too much.

It's in my favourites, easily 10/10 for the anime, and I've enjoyed each episode, liked everything about it, and I do think it's the best one so far this year(because that's my own personal opinion), but it really isn't the best anime ever. People who say that really exaggerate.

Although, we should consider that for someone it really might be the best anime ever, even after hundreds of anime. In that case, we should respect their opinion(if they don't bash on people who don't think the same).
-Aincrad-Oct 1, 2019 7:06 AM
Oct 1, 2019 7:32 AM

Jan 2017
Who gives a damn? why do you care about what some random weebs think on the internet?
Oct 1, 2019 8:09 AM

Aug 2018
-Aincrad- said:
Demonic_Axe said:

Oh boy, I can't imagine what you'd get for that mean score if you were more active on the forum...
Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with it, but even I get hated on a lot for 8.61 mean score

They can voice their openion about my mean score all the want, i'll explain it to them in a friendly way why it is that high, if they understand me then cool, he/she is a good person if not then i'll excuse myself and not continue the conversation. When i came on MAL it was all about finding animes, 2 days later i decided to make an account so that i can keep all my animes in case i lost my phone ( yes i do have a list on my phone, those animes are close to my heart and are the ones i can quickly recommend to a friend) and keep track of summer, fall,winter... animes + if they announce something like a new season. I have always rated my animes based on enjoyment and i'll never change that, i don't even watch animes under 7/10 with one exception and that is Tokyo ghoul re seaon 2, i watched it only for the story but they Fed up the rest, watching an anime under 7/10 me is more like a torture form me, so i don't watch it nor do i give it a rating .
Oct 1, 2019 9:05 AM

Dec 2014
why do elitists exist in the first place. If you watch anime you're still trash either way
Oct 1, 2019 9:15 AM

Nov 2017
The fans of this show are clowns tbh goodness their twitter circle is a disaster, reminds me so much of BNHA fandom.
Oct 1, 2019 10:40 AM

Nov 2016
Yuri-Crusader said:
SpamuraiSensei said:

I concur, the humour are misplaced and kills moments that was suppose to be serious .It doesn't fit and feels extremely out of place

I want to leave big manly comments all over your profile. but it won't let me
Oct 1, 2019 10:45 AM
Apr 2019
Hating on popular anime and their fans will always be a trend
Oct 1, 2019 10:45 AM
Apr 2019
LalatinaDarkness said:
The fans of this show are clowns tbh goodness their twitter circle is a disaster, reminds me so much of BNHA fandom.

that's honestly really accurate
Oct 1, 2019 11:01 AM

Jul 2017
So long as the show gets asslicked to death, yes. You obviously can't avoid haters coming in any show, but the level of open hate honestly depends on the level of open love. Look at something like Sangatsu S2 for instance, hell it's a drama show which is bound to get even more hate than KnY yet you don't really see that much hate towards it. Same situation with why shows like Code Geass and Clannad AS get lots of hate

And if you go by the claim that it isn't popular, then look at a series like Haikyuu. Really popular, but you don't see 69 threads talking about how it's the best anime in existence and whatnot

-Aincrad- said:
HaXXspetten said:
Not that that isn't a valid positive of course but looking at other anime over the years that end up being very trendy while they're airing, they usually come back down to earth more and more as the months and years go on after they've finished airing

That's true in many cases, but now always. For example:

Re:Zero had 8.78 score after the last episode, now it's 8.36

No Game No Life had 8.82, now it's 8.36

One Punch Man had 9.02, now it's 8.7

But it doesn't necessarily go down in every case. If an anime has a well deserved score, it won't change much
Like Mob Psycho 100 II finished with 9.00, and still has 8.92 now, after half a year.

And while the score of many anime goes down after it finishes airing, the score of KnY is only going up, for now at least.

That's because KnY literally just finished lmao. Like Owarimonogatari S2 as close to #1 when it finished airing but now is just below 9. Same with SnK P2 (although that could be more attributed to rampant FMAB fanboys and MAL mods doing nothing about it)
Oct 1, 2019 3:13 PM
Jul 2019
FrozenSheep said:
Haters gonna hate anyway. Who cares what they say? If you enjoyed this series, then good for you. If you didn't, move along.

For me, it was definitely the best series that aired in previous season and this season altogether. Regardless of what others may say, it was a solid experience (for me) from start to finish.

Also, at first, I thought the villain was a little silly and didn't truly understand why demons were so scared of him. Then, I thought that they were simply afraid of the curse. The last episode truly display why people should fear him, demons and humans alike.

It was on par with the Re:Zero, Made in Abyss, the Promised Neverland and the FMA of this world.

Pretty sure most people loved it and a large portion of that people think it's a masterpiece and if I'm being honest I wouldn't mind seeing it number 1 as only demon slayer deserves to be on top of fma brotherhood objectively speaking
Oct 1, 2019 4:54 PM

Sep 2010
Until Shield Hero comes back with its second and third seasons this is the anime to hate on now along with its fans I guess.

I haven't even watched this series yet lol I might eventually
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Oct 1, 2019 4:56 PM
Feb 2017
-Aincrad said:

Like Mob Psycho 100 II finished with 9.00

Actually, Mob finished with an 9.06IIRC, definitely not only 9.
Oct 1, 2019 4:58 PM
Mar 2018
Since Demon Slayer is the big & popular Shounen right now. It will be "cool" and "trendy" to hate on it until the next giant Shounen series comes out, and then Demon Slayer inevitably loses its popularity.
Oct 1, 2019 6:30 PM

Jul 2013
Demon Slayer is just okay, so why bash it? it's got blood (more than InuYasha), demons, less than stellar character designs and an average plot. Again, the show is just okay.

If you want deep and complex writing, read poetry instead of novels and expect a lot from an anime's script.
Kurt_IrvingOct 1, 2019 6:34 PM
Oct 1, 2019 8:08 PM

Jun 2012
Let's just let people have contrarian opinions, alright? #Howsthatsound
Oct 1, 2019 9:00 PM

Oct 2012
Kimetsu no Yaiba is easy to like for any pure Shounen fan, and same with Boku no Hero Academia. They keep it very simple in terms of story and dialogue, but that kind of straight forwardness works perfect for them.

Oct 2, 2019 5:45 AM

Feb 2015
LalatinaDarkness said:

Sounds about right. I have no problem with the show itself. It's just that it has THAT kind of fanbase... you know, the Twitter mob/ResetEra clown fest type of fanbase.
Anime List|Manga List | Discord: Azureal#2963
Oct 2, 2019 9:11 AM
Jan 2019
angelk99 said:
How can you not hate them?? They are the reason why good stories like Vinland Saga don't have more popularity. The massive success of shows like KnY or Boku no hero hurt the medium for the people who actually wanna see a mature story with decent characters.
How the hell would you be able to change that? People watch what they want to watch. And lets not lie to ourselves,shonen is one of if not the most popular genre and the majority of anime watchers are high school (and younger) boys. If anything,it was to be expected KnY was going to get this popular.
Oct 2, 2019 9:27 AM
Jan 2019
I really don't get why all the hate. You like it,you say it's good. You don't like it,you say "Oh it's not my thing 'cause ....". I liked it and I don't even watch shonen anime. I though it was a good enough show and gave it an 8. Do I think it's the best thing in the last decade or AOTY? No. Do I hate it with a burning passion just because and call it utter trash? No. Why are people acting like spoiled brats with zero decent upbringing? Voice your opinions all you want for all I care,but c'mon at least act like humans with a brain.
Oct 2, 2019 9:38 AM
Mar 2018
I don't believe it's hate if you call Demon Slayer generic and overhyped because that's what it is. Demon slayer has been done before many times over just like My Hero Academia. Demon Slayer is getting all the hype while stories like Vinland Saga is barely talked about other than reaction channels leeching off it for revenue. People are blinded by superb animations and pretty colors and it's kind of annoying. So in conclusion, people critiquing people's ideas or shows isn't hate it's being a person who thinks for themselves.
Oct 2, 2019 9:43 AM
Jul 2018
Nutella71 said:
I really don't get why all the hate. You like it,you say it's good. You don't like it,you say "Oh it's not my thing 'cause ....". I liked it and I don't even watch shonen anime. I though it was a good enough show and gave it an 8. Do I think it's the best thing in the last decade or AOTY? No. Do I hate it with a burning passion just because and call it utter trash? No. Why are people acting like spoiled brats with zero decent upbringing? Voice your opinions all you want for all I care,but c'mon at least act like humans with a brain.

The more shows you hate the cooler you are
Oct 2, 2019 10:01 AM

Jul 2017
KnY S1 is awesome, but i think it got a little bit overrated/overhyped. The majority of the episodes had a slow pacing, some boring fights... but it gets really good around episode 17 onwards. I think next seasons should be way more interesting. The hating on it is unnecessary BTW
renanmonacoOct 2, 2019 10:12 AM
Oct 3, 2019 3:19 AM
Jul 2018
Demon Slayer is not the best battle-shounen, it is not the worst battle-shounen, either.
-Aincrad- said:

There’s dat good ol’ report button over der, m8.
Oct 3, 2019 9:43 AM
Aug 2019
T3NLTD said:
Both fans and haters have been pretty obnoxious. I watched the first episode, thought it was okay and left it alone. I might watch another episode or two so I can see what the hype is all about.

You mean the 'trending on twitter level hype'?
It's about was about episodes 17 and later.
Oct 3, 2019 4:04 PM
May 2018
The more popular an anime gets, the more hate it will receive. That's not always the case unless the popularity comes with a lot of toxic fans, which it is at the moment.
Oct 4, 2019 1:37 AM
Aug 2018
Whether you like it or not, Demon Slayer has been relegated to normie status. If your curious why, it's because it's A) a mediocre shounen, B) pretty, C) heavily promoted by people who wouldn't typically watch anime.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Yesterday, 12:44 PM

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
Yesterday, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2019

316 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 18, 12:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.