Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 30, 2019 1:04 PM
Jul 2018
I haven't watched this anime, dropped it episode 8 cause it didn't interest me. But I'm not saying it's bad. People have their own subjective taste and I have my own. So this anime wasn't to my taste. But I'm not going out telling others that they have shit taste bc they enjoy it.
But look at those comments on my profile by @DruMzTV this dude just brought up this conversation on his own and when he failed to convince me to watch this, he's saying he feels sorry bc my character is like this. Why on earth am I being judged for not watching an anime I didn't like?!

Of course I'm not saying all the fans are like that. But some of them are getting on my nerves lately with the "It's amazing that's why you should watch it". They don't even give me a proper explanation about this anime, if the story gets better or anything.

Also just to be clear, I'm not really a hater.
removed-userSep 30, 2019 3:57 PM
Sep 30, 2019 1:06 PM
Dec 2018
You ask me if there is anything else besides Nezuko AND animation. I mention OST's, Camera work, Character Development, Flashbacks etc. You still say no.
Sep 30, 2019 1:07 PM
Jul 2018
l_viha said:
I haven't watched this anime, dropped it episode 8 cause it didn't interest. But I'm not saying it's bad. People have their own subjective taste and I have my own. So this anime wasn't to my taste. But I'm not going out telling others that they have shit taste bc they enjoy it.
But look at those comments on profile by @DruMzTV this dude just brought this up conversation on his own and when he failed to convince me to watch this, he's saying he feels sorry bc my character is like this. Why on earth am I being judged for not watching an anime I didn't like?!

Of course I'm not saying all the fans are like that. But some of them are getting on my nerves lately with the "It's amazing that's why you should watch it". They don't even give me a proper explanation about this anime, if the story gets better or anything.

Because this is one of the most overhyped anime in like forever, you can thank ninja, gigguk and those other big names on twitter/youtube for it. They got a bunch of normies into anime now that worship this anime like god made it himself.
I dropped at ep 3 because it bored me so hard and just gave it another try after people just kept telling me to watch it once EP 19 aired.
Sep 30, 2019 1:08 PM
Jul 2018
DruMzTV said:
You ask me if there is anything else besides Nezuko AND animation. I mention OST's, Camera work, Character Development, Flashbacks etc. You still say no.

It still didn't convince me to watch this cause I'm more invested into anime that has better plot which you didn't mention anything about.
Sep 30, 2019 1:09 PM
Jul 2018
l_viha said:
DruMzTV said:

It still didn't convince me to watch this cause I'm more invested into anime that has better plot which you didn't mention anything about.

If you want good plot, avoid this, its just as predictable as most other shounen.
Sep 30, 2019 1:11 PM

Sep 2018
Wait, so in conversation with him you said that he was forcing you to watch this, with two accounts?
Jolyne Kuujou + Steel Ball Run Universe = Billie Eillish
Sep 30, 2019 1:11 PM
Dec 2018
Only because the plot is simple doesn't mean it's bad
Sep 30, 2019 1:13 PM
Jul 2018
chair-sama said:
Wait, so in conversation with him you said that he was forcing you to watch this, with two accounts?

Idk, the same day another guy was asking me to watch this "cuz it's amazing" so it feels like the same person is using another account to get me to watch this cause he failed to do with the first one
Sep 30, 2019 1:14 PM
Jul 2018
DruMzTV said:
Only because the plot is simple doesn't mean it's bad

For God's sake, read my forum. I never said it's bad. I'm just more into plot driven anime.
Sep 30, 2019 1:16 PM

Sep 2018
HisokaxMeruem said:

If you want good plot, avoid this, its just as predictable as most other shounen.

I've just read another arc in the manga, it was hilariously bad, but when the movie will come out, the fans will be saying that "THIS IS A MASTERPIECE, OR EVEN BETTER!!1!1!!".
Sep 30, 2019 1:17 PM

Oct 2018
About the fan base: Let me just copy what I've posted before not only once.

"The more popular an anime becomes, the larger the fan base becomes. The larger the fan base becomes, the more weirdos are in the fan base. The more weirdos with louder voices..." - Nux
You know what's coming after that

This sums up what I would normally write an entire essay of.
-Aincrad-Sep 30, 2019 1:26 PM
Sep 30, 2019 1:25 PM

Sep 2018
l_viha said:
chair-sama said:

Idk, the same day another guy was asking me to watch this "cuz it's amazing" so it feels like the same person is using another account to get me to watch this cause he failed to do with the first one

Well that's sad, I feel sorry for you. being harassed on internet over meaningless things, without any reason.
-Aincrad- said:
About the fan base: Let me just copy what I've posted before.

"The more popular an anime becomes, the larger the fan base becomes. The larger the fan base becomes, the more weirdos are in the fan base. The more weirdos with louder voices..." - Nux
You know what's coming after that

This sums up what I would normally write an entire essay of.

Why would you wirte an essey about this, it's pointles. There's whole bunch of them made by other people.
Sep 30, 2019 1:25 PM

Sep 2019
Personally, I think it's a very good shounen series. But I dropped it after 19 episodes. It had its good points, but it's just not my style. I normally don't care for long running shonen shows, so the fact that this one kept me going as long as it did demonstrates how good it is.

I'm still watching My Hero Academia, but I often have a hard time making it through episodes.
RMikamiSep 30, 2019 1:29 PM
Sep 30, 2019 1:31 PM

Jan 2019
Eh, that seems about on par with the fanbase of any popular show. Some people can't accept the fact that other people don't like what they like, especially when they have confirmation bias of the show being popular.
Sep 30, 2019 1:41 PM

Nov 2016
If you haven't seen Nuxtaku's "Worst Fanbases In Anime" Video I highly recommend you do so. He explains the problem with most big Fandoms using KnY's as a Reference point.

If you are too lazy to watch it I will use a Quote from the vid that @-Aincrad- Mentioned since it sums it up pretty well:

"The more popular an anime becomes, the larger the fan base becomes. The larger the fan base becomes, the more weirdos are in the fan base. The more weirdos with louder voices..." -NuxTaku, 2019

This is what happens to most Big anime. It gets really popular causing more weirdos to enter the fandom causing the fandom as a whole to get a bad name even though the weirdos are only a small, though very vocal, minority. It has happened to me multile times that a show I like has a very bad reputation because of some very weird and vocal people in the fandom (mostly with BNHA and JoJo).

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 30, 2019 1:56 PM
Feb 2015
HisokaxMeruem said:
l_viha said:
I haven't watched this anime, dropped it episode 8 cause it didn't interest. But I'm not saying it's bad. People have their own subjective taste and I have my own. So this anime wasn't to my taste. But I'm not going out telling others that they have shit taste bc they enjoy it.
But look at those comments on profile by @DruMzTV this dude just brought this up conversation on his own and when he failed to convince me to watch this, he's saying he feels sorry bc my character is like this. Why on earth am I being judged for not watching an anime I didn't like?!

Because this is one of the most overhyped anime in like forever, you can thank ninja, gigguk and those other big names on twitter/youtube for it. They got a bunch of normies into anime now that worship this anime like god made it himself.
I dropped at ep 3 because it bored me so hard and just gave it another try after people just kept telling me to watch it once EP 19 aired.

To each their own. But I’d avoid disparaging Demon Slayer for being overhyped and attracting “normies” when you have AoT on your favorite list
Sep 30, 2019 2:26 PM
Jul 2018
Holly_Summers said:
HisokaxMeruem said:

To each their own. But I’d avoid disparaging Demon Slayer for being overhyped and attracting “normies” when you have AoT on your favorite list

You know that demon slayer has more people that added it to their list than AoT season 3 part 2 right?
Sep 30, 2019 3:45 PM

Aug 2019
It's not just limited to this particular fanbase. If you look hard enough, you'll find dickheads in every walk of life. That's just the way it goes.

Give it a month or two, and you'll get the same treatment with fans of MHA.

Sep 30, 2019 3:55 PM
Oct 2013
This attitude makes you hate the anime, unfortunately
Sep 30, 2019 3:57 PM

Nov 2018
Is it really important for a show/series to have a "good" fan base?

There will always be a group of people in each fandom that people will see as toxic, but I think that doesn't take away from the quality of a show or how well you'll enjoy it. I just tend to ignore them if it's bad.

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Sep 30, 2019 4:03 PM

Nov 2018
HisokaxMeruem said:
Holly_Summers said:

You know that demon slayer has more people that added it to their list than AoT season 3 part 2 right?

You know that more people have added the previous seasons of AoT to their list that demon slayer right? Having more members doesn't mean it's "overhyped" and "overrated". That's just a stupid argument

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Sep 30, 2019 4:04 PM
Jul 2018
_cjessop18_ said:

There will always be a group of people in each fandom that people will see as toxic, but I think that doesn't take away from the quality of a show or how well you'll enjoy it. I just tend to ignore them if it's bad.

Welp, I don't like being harassed like that tho. I don't even care about the show itself but they come up to annoy me like that.
Sep 30, 2019 4:13 PM

Nov 2018
l_viha said:
_cjessop18_ said:

Welp, I don't like being harassed like that tho. I don't even care about the show itself but they come up to annoy me like that.

Welcome to the internet, the place where everyone can be harassed by nearly everyone with similar or different opinions. I get harassed as well but I actually fight back and defend my stances and beliefs, maybe you should as well

Sep 30, 2019 4:28 PM
Jul 2018
@_cjessop18_ Thanks for the advice, I fight back as well but that doesn't mean I enjoy doing it and thus make threads like this bc I can.
Sep 30, 2019 4:50 PM
Feb 2015
_cjessop18_ said:
HisokaxMeruem said:

You know that more people have added the previous seasons of AoT to their list that demon slayer right? Having more members doesn't mean it's "overhyped" and "overrated". That's just a stupid argument
Yeah because a lot of people dropped AoT when they got bored of it. Why watch the 2nd season when you didn’t like the first?

The same thing will happen with Demon Slayer. It’s called a trend. They all die down eventually. Relax, kids, the “normies” will go away soon.

*edit*
Oops sorry I misread your argument. Let me provide a proper response: hype doesn’t go away over night. Are you old enough to remember the Death Note craze? That went on for years. I was young enough then when that actually bothered me. You’ll all grow out of it. I promise.
Holly_SummersSep 30, 2019 4:53 PM
Sep 30, 2019 4:52 PM

Apr 2012
It's the same with every hype show. Bunch of random teens jump on the hype train, it somehow clicks with them but they don't really care about the medium as a whole, just the here and now. It's both a blessing and a curse because while it makes anime thrives, it reeks of superficiality. But a harcore fan is sure to rise from the cohorts of casuals eventually, so those shows should somehow be tolerated.
Sep 30, 2019 4:57 PM

Jan 2018
HisokaxMeruem said:
Holly_Summers said:

Kinda a crap point m8, you're comparing a kinda 4th aired season of a series to a new one. Of course sequel seasons are going to have lower numbers.
What a beautiful Duwang
Sep 30, 2019 7:54 PM
Dec 2016
HisokaxMeruem said:
l_viha said:

It's funny you say that, when you have a name from HunterxHunter. If all that was adapted from HxH were the first 53 chapters, would your opinion on change? Because that's what you're basing it on. Did you predict Muzan killing all the lower moons? Or did you think the author would go through them one by one? Be honest. You've only watched the anime, which is probably the weakest part of the series comparatively to the rest of it. Read the manga.
descend2Sep 30, 2019 8:01 PM
Sep 30, 2019 8:12 PM
Jul 2018
Jus1294 said:
HisokaxMeruem said:

Kinda a crap point m8, you're comparing a kinda 4th aired season of a series to a new one. Of course sequel seasons are going to have lower numbers.

Yea, he checked my fav list, where AOT S3 Part 2 is on, no clue what your point is.
Sep 30, 2019 8:36 PM

Nov 2016
EratiK said:
It's the same with every hype show. Bunch of random teens jump on the hype train, it somehow clicks with them but they don't really care about the medium as a whole, just the here and now. It's both a blessing and a curse because while it makes anime thrives, it reeks of superficiality. But a harcore fan is sure to rise from the cohorts of casuals eventually, so those shows should somehow be tolerated.
This is true. This is what happened to me in 2016. I came out of Hiatus sporadically because of hype shit like T;G s1 and Re;Zero. This didn't bring me 100% out of hiatus but it made way for me to watch love live more or less exactly 3 years ago which really brought me back.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 30, 2019 8:53 PM

Jul 2017
_cjessop18_ said:

I don't think it's about how whether a fanbase is more good than toxic or whatnot, but moreso how toxic some fans are. Like OP's comment chain for instance, they expressed that the points listed weren't really convincing enough and the other person just replies with "lol I'm sorry you are who you are" (in fairness though, OP was being kinda vague and dismissing lots of the other points they made)

Like I've rated some pretty favourable shows lowly yet don't really get fanboys attacking all the time

But in the end though it's only a select few people which isn't really representative of a whole fanbase so this thread is more of a mini-rant than anything
Sep 30, 2019 10:22 PM

Aug 2008
i enjoy it, but is not the best ...plus lol nothing can beat my yu yu hakusho:)))
we havedifferent taste,opinions
if we like an anime different than others, doesn't mean some have bad taste
what u think is the best, for me might not be
and so on :p
i see a lot says hunterxhunter, i seen it all, both versions,yes is good but let be honest has weak points too, had 2 arcs that bored me to death...
yes can be annoying when some pressure to watch something
you do not want, don't watch o.0
i been toowatch that anime is SO GREAT
and i was:okay, and never even watched it :)))
The spider is watching
Oct 1, 2019 12:00 AM

Jul 2013
Wow one person = entire fanbase

Very good deduction skills. I applaud you. We're gonna act like a lot of threads here (some were deleted) aren't about complaining about the score or saying how it doesn't deserve it and stuff. The sane ones don't actively go out of their way to shit on people for no reason.
Oct 1, 2019 12:19 AM
Jul 2018
Tohsaka_Rukia said:

Very good deduction skills. I applaud you. We're gonna act like a lot of threads here (some were deleted) aren't about complaining about the score or saying how it doesn't deserve it and stuff. The sane ones don't actively go out of their way to shit on people for no reason.

Maybe try to read my thread properly. I didn't say the whole fanbase is like this. Also I wouldn't have made this thread if I was gettin harassed like this by only one person. But multiple times some fans just come and ask me why did I drop this and that I should watch it blah blah.
Oct 1, 2019 12:53 AM
Feb 2015
l_viha said:
Tohsaka_Rukia said:

Maybe try to read my thread properly. I didn't say the whole fanbase is like this. Also I wouldn't have made this thread if I was gettin harassed like this by only one person. But multiple times some fans just come and ask me why did I drop this and that I should watch it blah blah.

"What's wrong with it's fanbase?"
With that title, you mine as well just shit on the fanbase lol

More topics from this board

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

16 by FZREMAKE »»
Yesterday, 9:00 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2019

301 by pyrophilia »»
Yesterday, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2019

1094 by pyrophilia »»
Yesterday, 12:26 AM

Poll: » Shinobou or Mitsuri?

Reckless_weeb - Mar 25, 2022

42 by Qui-gon »»
Apr 10, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2019

528 by pyrophilia »»
Apr 8, 10:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.