Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 28, 2019 10:14 AM

Mar 2016
Man, ufotable wrapped up this very well, loved the Inception vibes in the first half. 10/10, I'm looking forward to the movie, just hope it gets in theaters in my country.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Sep 28, 2019 10:15 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Holy fudge, this was probably my favourite episode of the series!

Movie Production Levels right there at the start, those insane camera angles through the maze was bloody lit! Whoo, really loved that whole sequence! I can't even begin to imagine how stunning the production values for the movie will be like, I'm super hyped! Even that final insane angles and 'flow' across the train was incredible, my eyes lit up seeing how they slowed down to show the Fire Hashira there!

Kibutsuji though, damn he's got no sense of 'holding back' jeez. Is he into cosplay xD but that aside great props to the VA for legit giving me goosebumps, that was seriously scary. Stunning stuff! Questions over why he wouldn't deal with Tanjirou himself though, I hope we'll get that bit soon.

Some glorious Tanjirou moments to follow then, he's stealing the girl's heart like a pro here xD. Kanao x Tanjirou, oh boy definitely hoping this sails! Tanjirou and Inosuke's reactions to the train was mad hilarious too, totally lol'd there. Zenitsu's advice from the little girls though, lmfao.

Man, this show has been exceptional so far but this episode alone forces me to up the rating even more! Dark, gritty and gruesome yet comical and amusing at times, the balance initially in Episode 11 and that ongoing arc was so-so but from then on it's been a real pleasure! Of course I do hope that Zenitsu antics will tone down a bit but I think I'm fine with it now nonetheless. Sound Department and Art/Animation Quality, well what's there to say that I haven't already week in and week out. Easily one of the very best, perhaps the best in fact, without a doubt in mind. A big thank you to Go Shiina and Yuki Kajiura for blessing my ears throughout the ride (even the cameo from this episode alone was incredible) I'll go as far as to saying that KnY raw Animation Quality beats that even of Violet Evergarden, and that's really saying a lot considering just how fantabulous that was.

=> Solid 9.25/10! I was going to settle with 9.00-9.10 before this episode but mad props to Ufotable yet again! Staff said this is an episode to not miss, and I totally and wholeheartedly agree with that statement.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 28, 2019 10:16 AM

Feb 2018
That was a great final episode, and a great adaptation by ufotable

My man Tanjirou is smooth with the girls, and that tease for the next arc was great. Season 2 wasn't announced but we're getting a movie for the next arc, so its definitely a win for me. BIG HYPE
Sep 28, 2019 10:20 AM

Nov 2017
Damn i loved the camerawork in this episode, especially the scene at the end gave me chills. Having caught up with the manga i cant wait for the further arcs to be animated. Ufotable did a phenomenal job with this adaptation. The only reason I'm going to rate it a 9 is because I know what's coming next and i plan to rate that a 10. LOL
Sep 28, 2019 10:21 AM
Dec 2017
New movie! How long do you guys think it would be?

Jan 2016
The scene with Kanao and Tanjirou was so fucking cuuute my heart is melting.

And when Inosuke saw a train for the first time....
"This must be the ruler of this land!"
LMFAAOOOO.
His reactions to everything are insane lol.

Really looking forward to the second season though.

Nov 2016
Can't really understand how some people think that this anime has a bad plot, bad villain, etc..

For me it was super enjoyable, with splendid animation/music, the seiyuus did an explendid job, the characters are likeable, just a big 10/10
Sep 28, 2019 10:25 AM
Jan 2019
Ahh ufotable done a great job with animation this season
Can't wait for the movie coming up
Sep 28, 2019 10:26 AM

Jul 2013
The depiction of the demon fortress was honestly astonishing. Those camera angles really depicted how out-of-this world the whole thing is. Probably my favorite part of the episode, along with the Lower Moons slaughter (poor guys even had fodder designs). Woman Muzan is as cursed as in the manga, Nakime looks pretty and Enmu's voice is perfect. Nothing more to add to this.

We got to see Genya, but he didn't even talk. Oh, well, his chance to shine will came later anyway. Inosuke's reaction to the train was kekworthy.
Also, the final shot depicting the train with Rengoku sitting in one of the wagons and Enmu in the top of the train was magnificent.

The movie can't come anytime soon, tbh.

Only regret is that
Sep 28, 2019 10:26 AM

Jul 2019
A good final episode. The lower 12 being dismantled was probably a hint to Kibutsuji's power. Creating these underlings and sharing his blood must go along with certain disadvantages for him. I also fear for Kanao since she got so close to Tanjiro. Oh, and Tanjiro and Insouke being total country bumpkins was a nice bit comedywise.

The movie announcement came at the right time. I will fait for the rewatch until then.
Sep 28, 2019 10:28 AM
Sep 2010
i have so many feelings about this ep :(((((( seeing Muzan's fortress or whatever it's called animated was So Good, it was just done so well!!!!!! overall amazing animation this episode!! really can't wait for the movie and they better do a second season because :((((

i just caught up with the manga today also so it's a sad day, no more kimetsu no yaiba for me for the foreseeable future.......
Sep 28, 2019 10:29 AM
Jul 2009
Illyricus said:
The depiction of the demon fortress was honestly astonishing. Those camera angles really depicted how out-of-this world the whole thing is. Probably my favorite part of the episode, along with the Lower Moons slaughter (poor guys even had fodder designs). Woman Muzan is as cursed as in the manga, Nakime looks pretty and Enmu's voice is perfect. Nothing more to add to this.

We got to see Genya, but he didn't even talk. Oh, well, his chance to shine will came later anyway. Inosuke's reaction to the train was kekworthy.
Also, the final shot depicting the train with Rengoku sitting in one of the wagons and Enmu in the top of the train was magnificent.

Only regret is that

Yeah, i was disappointed not being able to see those guys too. Still have to wait for the movie and another arc of the second season before we get to see them all together
Dec 2018
Hype is real! Can't wait for the movie and S3. How could Kanao not fall in love a man like Tanjiro <3 I want to ship it but sadly Tanjiro is showing same good behavior for everyone, even Demons LOL

10/10

Jun 2014
And so this wild ride finally comes to an end. It was really enjoyable and it's rare to find a battle shounen adaptation that's done this well. We got spoiled with Ufotable handling this, they took the standard and went way above and beyond x100. Was hoping for a second season announcement but I'm looking forward to the movie! As long as we get more I won't complain.

EDIT: Forgot to mention originally, holy shit Muzan is a fucking savage lol. He demolished the Lower Moon so easily with literally zero remorse. It was also nice to finally hear Kanao speak.
thebrentinator24Sep 28, 2019 11:58 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 28, 2019 10:33 AM

Feb 2019
kanao's heart went kyun because of tanjiro but I still hope there won't be any romance. Inosuke and tanjiro's antics on train station lol.

Ufotable nailed it with this one.
Sep 28, 2019 10:35 AM

Nov 2018
It's been an excellent ride watching what I would consider one of the best shows to come out this year.

This episode is great and I loved the used of CG, especially with the interactions of the lower six and the (now former) Michael Jackson lookalike.

I'm actually gassed up for the movie.

10/10 amazing show

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Sep 28, 2019 10:39 AM

Jul 2019
This show has certainly been a ride. The animation has been beautiful and I am sad to see it go. but at least we get a MOVIEE
Sep 28, 2019 10:41 AM
Jun 2015
Fucking movie really? Typical UFotable always doing this bullshit. Could've made Heavens Feel a goddamn sequel but instead we get movies. RIP S2.
Sep 28, 2019 10:42 AM

May 2017
This finale was amazing! I'm sad that its over but MORE sad that we'll have to wait for eternity for season 2 :(
Sep 28, 2019 10:42 AM
Apr 2018
That guy trying to run away from Muzan!!!! Damn the animation is just 👌👌👌.
Sep 28, 2019 10:43 AM

Jan 2009
Kaiser_Senpai said:
deg said:

gonna add him to my favorites lol his digital coloring and effects is like what made ufotable popular

He really needs to direct more, it was amazing, as a director he was way better than Sotozaki.
I really want him to direct more scenes, idk if he can handle anime only by himself but at least some scenes, he sure knows!

oh he directed this episode? no wonder it seems better and i notice he is also the chief staff for 3DCG there in ufotable according to his ANN profile and wow im really impress by his camerawork that is the main strength of 3DCG
Sep 28, 2019 10:44 AM
Jul 2016
Good finale to a great show. Demon slayer proves that you don't need to writer a revolutionary plot deconstructing every trope and cliche. People are fine with the same cookie cutter style as long as it's executed well. Ufotable takes it to the next level with their spectacular animation, OST, and directing.

There was never an episode that i felt bored, forcing my way through it. That doesn't mean demon slayer doesn't have it's flaws. They're painfully obvious if you're used to your everyday shounen. The MC (Tanjiro) is actually what i dislike the most; his overly-chivalrous personality puts me off. The rest of cast suffers from one note trope personalities as well.

However looking past the cliche issues, everything else in demon slayer is amazing.

I highly recommend it to any anime fan, especially shounen fans. 8/10
Sep 28, 2019 10:45 AM

Apr 2014
Great finale episode, building up hype for the train arc.

The ship is sailing smoothly

Nov 2018
凄いです!I can't wait for the movie! This anime is just to great.

Jul 2017
All i have to say is what an absolute banger.

Jan 2018
Tanjirou and Inosuke seeing a train for the first time was funny.

I will definitely miss this show, don't know if i should start reading the manga because we still don't know if there will be a 2nd season.

I give thsi anime a 10/10.

AntonioWuxSep 28, 2019 10:49 AM
Sep 28, 2019 10:47 AM

Jul 2013
Koshi_Inaba said:
Illyricus said:

Only regret is that

Yeah, i was disappointed not being able to see those guys too. Still have to wait for the movie and another arc of the second season before we get to see them all together
Tbh, I didn't expect them to be presented this very season, but I still had some hopes that ufo would show
before the episode ended, but it's fine. Time to wait for the movie meanwhile.
Sep 28, 2019 10:47 AM

Apr 2017
deg said:
Kaiser_Senpai said:

He really needs to direct more, it was amazing, as a director he was way better than Sotozaki.
I really want him to direct more scenes, idk if he can handle anime only by himself but at least some scenes, he sure knows!

oh he directed this episode? no wonder it seems better and i notice he is also the chief staff for 3DCG there in ufotable according to his ANN profile and wow im really impress by his camerawork that is the main strength of 3DCG

It was him and Sotozaki (the storyboard too, both did), but that scene was entirely him, that's why it looked better than the rest of the episode. He's really good at least when it comes to 3D related scenes like he showed us today, he's amazing ahah.
Sep 28, 2019 10:51 AM
Oct 2017
Koshi_Inaba said:
OppaiLover-_- said:
I fucking knew it! I called that it would end with the sleep demon standing on top of the train, what a great end to the season, man I'm so hyped for season 2. At the end it said "demon slayer infinite train arc film animation greenlit" film animation meaning a movie or another series?

Train arc will be adapted into movie. Red light district arc and swordsmiths village arc will probably adapted into second season. Probably gonna be like SAO: first series, movie, second series

Yeah a while after posting this i saw that it was going to be a movie for the demon train arc, makes sense since it's not that long and this way they'll be able to fit the RLD arc and swordsmith village arc in season 2.
Sep 28, 2019 10:52 AM

Dec 2015
My only complaints about the first half of the episode was that the whole "female Michael Jackson is ruthless" takes way too much time. It was impactful of the first and second death, but after, it was just the show trying to be edgy (I don't like to use that word, but it's the only definition I could find for the scene). But I really enjoyed the second part. The pacing was a bit faster (thank god) and the characters were much closer of being... actual good characters. Probably the most consistent episode of the whole show

Overall, this show is a good popcorn flick. Definitely one of the best animated shows of all time, with an amazing soundtrack. But as for anything else, the show is pretty weak.Considering the rating this show has right now, it may be one of the most overated shows I've seen.

But I will say it has potential of being better. Just need to speed up things a little bit, and give some actual content for the viewer actually care about the events of the show
BetterTasteSep 28, 2019 10:56 AM
Sep 28, 2019 10:57 AM

Jun 2016
THE TRAIN ARC IS COMING !!! AND ITS A MOVIE !

EVERYONE board the train !!!
Sep 28, 2019 11:00 AM
Sep 2019
And so it ends. I enjoyed this anime immensely. Seeing the demons and Muzan was amazing and Kanao speaking was great! I hope that we'll get second season soon.
Sep 28, 2019 11:03 AM

Oct 2018
This was an amazing episode to end the season

I'll miss this anime so much, it was a good journey!

I'm really looking forward to the movie, that should be one of the best movies if made well

Damn, I don't even know when was the last time I was actually sad because of an anime ended. I will seriously miss this anime, I've looked forward to Saturday each week because of it so much! Not even Shield Hero(the other anime I enjoyed the most this year) made me feel like this

Easily 10/10 for the anime.
-Aincrad-Sep 28, 2019 11:49 AM
Sep 28, 2019 11:06 AM

Apr 2017
very sad this show end, hope for 2nd season
Sep 28, 2019 11:06 AM
Aug 2015
Interesting to see Kibutsuji's true motive.
Damn Tanjiro, building his own harem just before he leaves the place xD

It finally ends. Looking forward for the sequel, and more Inosuke (my favorite character). :))
Sep 28, 2019 11:07 AM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
OMG , never expect background graphic on Lower Moon meeting will be that amazing . What a flawless animation once again by ufotable.

Also, the decision of making Rengoku's arc into a movie is very wise because we can only see his action only around that train T_T
Sep 28, 2019 11:10 AM

Aug 2012
Koshi_Inaba said:
Been waiting for muzan butchering the lower moons scene. This is the scene where his real personality is shown. Seriously, anyone who thinks muzan might be sympathetic, wipe that thought from your mind. He is a grade A jackass
Not a jackass just a coward. He uses the demons to defend himself from the demon hunters and to help him find a way to resist sun light. He is scared of death.
Sep 28, 2019 11:15 AM
Jun 2016
holy shit Tanjirou triggered two flags. and god that lower kizuki meeting was insane and wow they announced a sequel
Sep 28, 2019 11:16 AM
May 2019
The bad guy is ruthless. Anime left us wanting to so much. Apparently they DO know about Fire Breathing, that girl has a crush on Tanjiro maybe, what will happen on the train, Muzan remembering and hating the other guy with the earings similiar to Tanjiro not explained. For me, it also makes me curious that they haven't showed Tanjiro's new sword yet, and I'm very curious if it's going to be red. I know most of those won't be answered in the movie, so I can't wait for the next season!
Sep 28, 2019 11:16 AM
Jun 2016
Fuadtsm said:
very sad this show end, hope for 2nd season
theres a sequel movie in works
Sep 28, 2019 11:17 AM

Feb 2015
Sweet finale that makes you lust for so much more.
Sep 28, 2019 11:18 AM
Dec 2015
5/5 for the last episod, 9.5/10 for entire season road to top 1 anime and aoty contender
Sep 28, 2019 11:18 AM

Mar 2010
Tanjiro is awesome, the kanao moment was super cute. The first ten min felt so long tho
Sep 28, 2019 11:19 AM
Aug 2018
It almost fells like 120fps..man one hell of an episode talk about budget..they went all out to get this episode...ufotable🖖...
Sep 28, 2019 11:20 AM
Nov 2014
Such a good show, hoping for ufotable to continue doing kny stuff
Sep 28, 2019 11:24 AM

Apr 2019
So the next arc will be adapted to a movie? Nice
This was a really great final episode. That scene with Kanao is really emotional and that scene in the Demon Fortress is mind-blowing.

For my final thoughts for this anime, while the animation is just beyond amazing and the soundtrack is definitely phenomenal, the flaws to the pacing and the sometimes out-of-place comedy made my score for it change from time to time. Other than that, the story is pretty great, I can see the potential. The characters, in turn, simply lie between mediocre and good.

My final score will be 9/10.
Sep 28, 2019 11:26 AM
Feb 2019
VERY VERY GOOOD!!!😊👍👏👏👏👏👏👏
I LOVED IT!!!😍😍😍😍
Let's see if the movie adaptation will be top (Very Good) , like the anime!😊👍
Jones81Sep 28, 2019 7:24 PM
Sep 28, 2019 11:29 AM

Sep 2017
Extremely well done finale. Cinematography has been excellent all throughout the series and the Muzan scene was specially chilling. That's some amazing CG camerawork.

All its characters are very enjoyable to see both bickering and fighting, and Zenitsu was a highlight of the series for me. And even if most of the rest haven't been developed enough they have some eye-catching designs and gimmicks that really sell their personalities.

I'll be looking forward to the movie. Knowing Ufotable and after watching both their Heaven's feel movies, I can only expect the fights to be borderline orgasmic.

While it doesn't really reinvent the shônen formula, Kimetsu no Yaiba knows what it wants to be and does it so well that it will be remembered for years to come within the vast sea of shônen anime. Perfect gateway anime for newcomers with some amazing animation to boot, but veterans might have seen the type of characters it has a few too many times (even if they are quite enjoyable and have some interesting spins to them).

8.5/10
Sep 28, 2019 11:31 AM

Aug 2019
dear god, horrible horrible CGI and awful characterization by seiyuu of muzan, man you're supposed to be angry and this is what you give
Sep 28, 2019 11:31 AM

Jun 2015
And the title for the most overrated anime of the year gooooooes to: Kimetsu no Yaiba the 5/10 anime with great animation, shallow story, and recycled characters from other shounen.
Fortune favours the bold!

Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Yesterday, 12:44 PM

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
Yesterday, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2019

316 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 18, 12:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.