Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 26, 2019 9:05 AM

Mar 2019
Personally, I am. At the start when isekais started getting pumped out I enjoyed it, however since it's being saturated so much I'm finding it hard to actually enjoy isekai animes. What's your opinion?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 26, 2019 9:07 AM
Feb 2017
No, I'm sick of bad isekai shows that don't try to branch out at all and create a new plot.
Sep 26, 2019 9:15 AM

Jul 2019
I don't mind them as long as there's something I like in them, like the slime anime and its humor or Shield hero and its characters. I try to judge those anime on other aspects than the fact they're an isekai but yeah it's not always easy.
Life is a despicable endurance race
Sep 26, 2019 9:21 AM
May 2019
Not really I only watch the good ones and avoid the bad so I don't have a problem with them.
Sep 26, 2019 9:27 AM

Sep 2014
No, the point is that some were wrongly chosen to be serialized, there are so many "masterpieces" that you would increasingly yearn for isekai
Brazilian,24yo; —"Man propose, God dispose."
"
Sep 26, 2019 9:28 AM

Apr 2019
I really like isekai so...

...no, no im not.

Sep 26, 2019 9:30 AM
Apr 2017
There's no one forcing me in front of a screen to watch them so no, I'm not.
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Sep 26, 2019 9:37 AM

Jan 2018
The writing of these newly released isekai show is like bedtime stories for your kids. I also feel like they can't properly adapt anything from light novel. I can still enjoy it, so hope they can improve it.

If it's for my daughter, then I'd defeat a demon lord is the only one isekai that I sadly cannot continue. I think it's just a straight up slice of life moe with the intention to increase birthrate in japan.
Sep 26, 2019 9:39 AM

Aug 2018
Im sick of the bad isekai shows that tried to hop on the trend to make a quick buck, without doing anything to stand out, like the dozens of isekais coming out each season

What im not sick of is the actual good isekai animes, that either come up with refreshing new stories like overlord and konosuba or refine the genre and executing it well like shield hero
Sep 26, 2019 9:41 AM

Apr 2016
I like isekai anime, the problem are series like “Isekai Cheat Magician”, it’s only an example but it’s this kind of isekai that I really don’t like. However, there are people enjoying isekai anime, so the solution is to not watch them if you don’t want. It’s correct they kep to make them if there are people enjoying this kind of anime.
Sep 26, 2019 9:44 AM

Aug 2018
The upcoming season looks like it only has 1 new isekai coming out Kono Yusha ga Ore Tsue Kuse ni Shincho Sugiru.

I just wish they would bring back .hack in some form. See how it would compare in the current era.
Sep 26, 2019 9:45 AM

Jul 2019
I think Isekai is anti-mainstream when I first watched anime, then when I tried other series there were some experiences that I experienced whether good or bad, bad What I meant was when I watched low-rated anime and very bad plot and too anti-mainstream and also boring, whereas the good thing I mean is when the series has a good story plot and not boring throughout the story.

Areen-KunSep 26, 2019 9:48 AM
Sep 26, 2019 9:51 AM

Aug 2011
Not really. I don't watch enough of them to get sick of them. If a decent one comes along, I'll watch it, and I'll just skip the bad ones. The same as any other type of anime, really. As long as I'm not being forced to watch them, it makes no difference to me how many there are.
Sep 26, 2019 9:54 AM

Mar 2014
Today's isekai shows just need to learn from Escaflowne and Now and Then and Here and There.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2019 10:02 AM
Sep 2019
BlakexEkalb said:
No, I'm sick of bad isekai shows that don't try to branch out at all and create a new plot.

I agree with what BlakexEkalb said. The genre itself isn't bad.... its just that since the Isekai boom, authors are jumping onto the bandwagon and making stories that are run-of-the-mill. Its like over-saturating the market with too many mediocre stories. The few good ones out there do end up shining compared to the less complex and less interesting series. Overall, I don't think the genre is bad, just that some authors didn't take a unique enough approach to their respective stories to stand out and distinguish their work from that of another. It was probably better to be the first few authors that did Isekai; and therefore, they were able to set a trend / example. Everyone else that attempts it now, must try harder to make an interesting story that doesn't mirror everyone else. THAT is the most difficult part...so its really down to how they write their stories to take a different spin on the premise. Konosuba is one example of a series that knew of the Isekai bandwagon and tried to mold a parody/comedy of it instead of trying to do the standard formula of protagonist transported to different world and starts weak, but powers up and saves the world, etc.
Sep 26, 2019 10:03 AM

Jun 2011
I like isekai anime a lot but I don't really like isekai that tries too hard to be edgy and dark, personally I don't mind isekai protagonist never getting to bone any of the girls since that's not my main source of enjoyment anyway, nor do I care about the protagonist going batshit insane revenge mode.

Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai is one of my favorite recent isekai series, but pretty much everyone else hated it. I like how it's pretty chill most of the time, and it actually explores the other world instead of just going on with the plots, kinda like Log Horizon. Those isekais are interesting to me, not the "I swear to take my revenge in the bloodiest way possible" isekai.

Isekai needs to go back to being just about having fun, not boning all the side chicks or having tons of R17 gore.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 26, 2019 10:13 AM

Jul 2013
I don't watch much isekai anime, more like I read them. And there are so many isekai LN/manga too chose from. But since we are talking about the isekai anime. Only four isekai anime managed me to keep my interest (No Game, No life, Konosuba, Isekai Maou and the first season of Overlord). Two series had a great concepts and ideas but got pretty boring (Re:Zero, and Shield Hero) And lastly one series that couldve been great but failed miserably because of production incompetence (Arifureta)

Honestly, I just want a isekai series that can works for me. It doesn't need to be original or creative. Just enjoyable

Sep 26, 2019 10:26 AM

May 2012
No

Because I'm enjoy almost all Isekai anime. Most of the one I have seen deserve above 6/10.

Only bad Isekai are the one that have no action or no harem. Example Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba in this season is bad because it slice of life trash with no plot, action and no good looking girls.
Sep 26, 2019 10:28 AM
Jan 2018
Depends on the iskeai and if it's made well and not half assed just to increase sales
Sep 26, 2019 10:34 AM

Jul 2017
I'm more sick of the common tropes that are used, even promising ones like Shield Hero fell victim to them. And it's not like battle shounen where a lot of the common tropes are usually pretty well done
Sep 26, 2019 10:54 AM

Apr 2017
I'm not sick of Isekais per se, I will still enjoy a good Isekai. It's just that they are getting increasingly rare. Last Isekai that I liked aired in 2017 and since then there was no Isekai that I would enjoy (if we discount continuations of those or other older Isekai series). That's making me kinda sick of seeing Isekais since it usually means that there are less show with potential to be good (though I'm still trying to be positive when giving them a chance). I think less Isekai would be good simply because it could boost quality of each one.

Art by ギャット GFX by aryandil
Sep 26, 2019 10:57 AM

Jun 2019
No since i don't watch more of that anyways. It's the same garbage and if people like that, people like that. Nothing to complain about.
Sep 26, 2019 11:11 AM

Nov 2008
Yes, it's actually a genre that has a lot more bad than good due to the LN medium. Next trend please.

Sep 26, 2019 11:16 AM

Jun 2015
not really. I havent watched many isekai bcz I avoid garbage mmo game shit. so yeh looking forward to mom isekai [even if its game, its the mom] and re zsero 2
Sep 26, 2019 11:17 AM

Jan 2016
I'm never gunna be sick of Isekai/Reincarnation anime/manga.

Just because theres bad ones doesn't mean there isn't plenty of good ones.

And my trash ass fucking LOOVESS this genre.
Sep 26, 2019 11:21 AM
Twincool~

Oct 2018
Well considering how progressively absurd and dull the concepts are becoming, I'm kind of getting sour towards it. Needless to say a gem will come out every now and then which makes me appreciate the over saturation. If you need a fodder dump for generic anime might as well be isekai.
Sep 26, 2019 11:27 AM

Mar 2018
Yes, I am! It turned into a complete copy-paste of the same thing over and over again.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 26, 2019 11:46 AM

Apr 2019
hazecloud said:
The writing of these newly released isekai show is like bedtime stories for your kids. I also feel like they can't properly adapt anything from light novel. I can still enjoy it, so hope they can improve it.

If it's for my daughter, then I'd defeat a demon lord is the only one isekai that I sadly cannot continue. I think it's just a straight up slice of life moe with the intention to increase birthrate in japan.

Dude. Hate to point it out but if it's for my daughter, then I'd even defeat a demon lord isnt an isekai

Sep 26, 2019 11:46 AM

Aug 2017
Tbh I'll just eat it up till they stop making them
Sep 26, 2019 11:48 AM

Apr 2019
RogueCitizen64 said:
I am getting sick of people complaining about iskeai.

Same here. If you think isekai is trash then just don't watch them and then you'll have nothing to complain about.

Sep 26, 2019 11:52 AM

Jul 2015
I'm not really a big fan of isekai so I just like. Don't watch them. I also don't have anything against other people liking them so I don't think it really matters.
Sep 26, 2019 11:53 AM

Mar 2019
Cragsy said:
Tbh I'll just eat it up till they stop making them
Yea same I can't lie I feel like it's like a pleasure I get from trashy kinda good isekai's
Sep 26, 2019 11:54 AM

Dec 2015
I'm normal watching 45-75 shows each season, everything from tv-shows to special and everything between.
So I have no problem at all with Isekai, I think it's a fun show and I enjoy it.

But the problem is that they are releasing shows like Maou-sama, Retry!.
Where the animation looks like it was made in paint, I woud be ashamed of myself if I worked in this industry.
And released something as bad animated as Maou-sama.

To think it's 2020 and a studio can release something as bad animated as Maou-sama is insane.
Ofc budget is everything, but why release something when the quality of the show is worse in quallity vs a show from the 1970...

Sep 26, 2019 11:54 AM

Mar 2019
Short_Circut said:
I'm more sick of the common tropes that are used, even promising ones like Shield Hero fell victim to them. And it's not like battle shounen where a lot of the common tropes are usually pretty well done
Yea I fully agree with you the generic things used especially in Kenja no Mago is just exhausting
Sep 26, 2019 11:55 AM

Aug 2019
No as long as the MC is OP and there is no harem.
Sep 26, 2019 11:57 AM

Mar 2019
Kayleon said:
No as long as the MC is OP and there is no harem.
Yea the harem genre in isekai is kinda getting tiring ngl and it's put a downer on other animes that have the harem genre in them, for me anyways
Sep 26, 2019 12:01 PM

May 2009
wangon said:
Personally, I am. At the start when isekais started getting pumped out I enjoyed it, however since it's being saturated so much I'm finding it hard to actually enjoy isekai animes. What's your opinion?
I'm not a big fan of isekai shows personally, but I haven't actually watched that many of them yet, so I have yet to feel burned out on the genre (and I probably won't ever given the pace at which I watch stuff and the fact that I basically don't watch seasonals).

Besides, I always think it's best to see each show by itself, rather than becoming biased by "I've already seen so many other shows" in any given genre.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Sep 26, 2019 12:06 PM

Jul 2017
Nah. That's some good shit. It's like a McDonalds burger, totally junk food but damn it tastes good.
Once you realize that what others think about what you enjoy doesn't matter, you will finally be free

Sep 26, 2019 12:08 PM

Jun 2017
actually, I've been getting into isekai recently lol. Been reading Konosuba, excited for new Re:zero season and plan to pick up more isekai stuff like Grimgar and older ones like Juuni Kokuki

Sep 26, 2019 12:11 PM

Feb 2009
I'm a sucker for stories about people transported to another world. And, I have been for as long as I can remember.

Honestly, it doesn't even have to be anime/manga. A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court by Mark Twain. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis. I still remember reading The Hero from Otherwhere by Jay Williams when I was in 6th grade. And then there's the Dungeons & Dragons animated series from the 80s (they even got powers when they were transported over). I loved them back then, and I still eat that stuff up today.

There's always gonna be bad that comes along with the good, but that's true for any genre. Copycats are gonna copycat, and often do it poorly. But sometimes even the bad stuff is fun, and that's really all I need.
Sep 26, 2019 2:51 PM

Oct 2008
I am getting sick of bad "Isekai". But still have hope for the setting/subgenre in general.
Sep 26, 2019 2:52 PM

Feb 2010
Last time I checked I was still healthy. But good to know I can blame isekai for my future lung cancer, instead of my smoking habit.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 26, 2019 2:53 PM

Jan 2009
nah since i rarely watch Isekai shows if there are more original anime of it then maybe i will watch more
Sep 26, 2019 3:05 PM
Jul 2018
No, I really want to watch that bookworm-anime.
Sep 26, 2019 3:16 PM

Nov 2018
It's opposite to me. Initially I wasn't much interested in isekai. But slowly, I don't know myself but I started liking isekai.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Sep 26, 2019 3:22 PM

Jan 2019
The chances of getting an Isekai gem have gotten less likely over time. I have a salty feeling towards Isekai at this point, last season was definitely an example of how shit the concept is.
Sep 26, 2019 3:25 PM

Jul 2019
Nope. If the story is good I don't care if it is in another world.
Sep 26, 2019 3:25 PM
Sep 2018
Yeah I'm sick of the fact they are mostly unoriginal and blocking new anime with other genres to be added to the season since there are way too many.
Sep 26, 2019 3:28 PM

Mar 2018
No, they are easy to drop. Most don't have redeemable qualities that make you want to continue
poop
Sep 26, 2019 3:29 PM

Jul 2019
There's nothing wrong with isekai. It's such an extremely broad genre. I mean you can literally have a shoujo-ai futuristic basketball isekai. So I don't see how you can dislike the genre itself.

The problem is that the studios choose to adapt the same generic ecchi harem OP MC stuff all the time. That's what the issue is. So if anything, I'm not sick if isekai, I'm sick of the studios making poor decisions.
Subarashii
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you tend to watch newer seasonal shows, or older shows?

Akuya - 6 hours ago

25 by Blackfire2340 »»
42 seconds ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

93 by Ratris_Decision »»
8 minutes ago

» Do you find how the anime community finds something to be edgy annoying?

vasipi4946 - 6 hours ago

12 by Ratris_Decision »»
14 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

972 by Animekiralover »»
18 minutes ago

» Why were children’s anime dubs so unappreciated?

funtime43_tr - Yesterday

25 by QPR »»
45 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.