Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 16, 2019 7:18 PM

Dec 2018
Esquirtit said:
@Ozen106th that's why I said it's not an asspull, but a "lite aspull" because it's simply stupid as fuck. how in the fuck did his dad not know about demons even though the demon corps never vanished. how did tanjirou not learn more about all of this while training for years and meeting people from the demon corps. I'm not going to care about all these rituals, techniques and foreshadowing when it's just a dumb hack and slash story. this world doesn't make any sense, they know where to find demons but can't keep track of their own members and fight techniques. they even have demon allies and safehouses all over the place but no tanjirou family line with easily recognizable appearance and family treasures no idea what that's all about.

Not implying it's objectively bad, all the foreshadowing served its purpose but I don't care about it that much when the story overall is ass in my opinion.

btw armin fell on top of a building and was on the verge of death but got revived which was all to be expected considering they got their hands on one titan sperm injection

Obviously Tanjurou was trying to lead another life than a Demon Slayer. This sort of plot is so common, someone legendary decides to live a quiet life, have a family and the protagonist is his son who later finds out his father or family's reputation, then continues the legacy.

You are obviously slinging mud for the sake of it at this point. Stop being so immature. All fiction if you dwell deep enough are going to have some gaps in logic which may or may not be plugged as the story goes on. AOT is a very obvious example. If the Eldians were some sort of "Jews of holocaust" forced to kill their own, how is it possible that none of them holding the titan powers have revolted already? If Levi is so deadly, shouldn't the death charge by Erwin been done multiple times earlier in the story using horses in formation? Why can the beast titan control titans without the coordinate? Because he has royal blood that is basically polluted by Grisha? Why doesn't Historia who is pure blooded able to do it without the Coordinate?
What is that ridiculous premise of Ymir signing a pact with the devil to get titan powers? Where's the foreshadowing for that? Can I call it an asspull then?

And don't get me started on Reiner's asspulls of asspulls. Sliced in the neck (transferred consciousness to rest of body), blasted half his head off (transferred consciousness to rest of body)... Like wtf? And if Eren focusing the crystallisation on just one part of his body makes it harder, why can't he just smash Annie who's crystallised fully?

I can go on but you get the idea.
ShanAsunaAug 16, 2019 7:43 PM
Aug 17, 2019 2:54 AM

Mar 2018
@ShanAsuna point is why didn't his DAD know about demons. THAT's ridiculous.

-Last time I checked the attack titan revolted and a whole resistance was formed. The other titan powers were subjugated by Marley I'm not sure what hole you're tryi

-Where in the story was a death charge like that needed? What do you even mean "multiple death charges" how does that even work

-
poop
Aug 17, 2019 3:04 AM

Dec 2018
Esquirtit said:
@ShanAsuna point is why didn't his DAD know about demons. THAT's ridiculous.

-Last time I checked the attack titan revolted and a whole resistance was formed. The other titan powers were subjugated by Marley I'm not sure what hole you're tryi

-Where in the story was a death charge like that needed? What do you even mean "multiple death charges" how does that even work

-

Just because Tanjurou didn't tell his kids about demons, didn't mean he didn't know. If you're trying to start a new life, you don't go around telling your kids your history. What good would it have done them to know about demons, the eldest child being 5 or less at the time?

And you mean "the Owl" don't you? I'm talking about the whole bunch of Eldian kids given Titan powers, like Reiner, Bertholdt, Annie, etc. Heck, Marleys can't even use titan powers, they can only rely on Eldians. Imagine if only the Jews could launch nuclear weapons, and kids were handpicked from the concentration camps to fire those weapons. Do you honestly think the Nazis could have made them use them against Jewish communities alone?

Anyway, this belongs in the AOT thread. I'm not continuing the discussion about AOT here.
ShanAsunaAug 17, 2019 3:08 AM
Aug 17, 2019 5:08 AM
Jun 2017
virg0 said:
poronite said:
Because that dance was something that Tanjiro learned when he was a kid(he might even took part in some of those rituals) but when his dad died he had to become the one providing for his family. He didn't have time to do rituals because he had to work(he was the only one providing for 2 brothers, 2 sisters and his mom, the rest stayed at home) therefore his conscious memory didn't need that information and it ended up in the subconscious part of his memory. Then with the "life flashing through your eyes" thing he got that information and used it. He was desperate and willing to do anything that he could to beat the demon even if he died trying.

but the ritual was done annually, how he didn't have time for it? remember that his frail dad was doing the ritual, implying that he had work at that time, even being fragile. so how could a sick father working hard for his family could have time for the ritual, but a really strong boy that could carry tons of coal downhill wouldn't have?

there's two situations, the first one is that his dad died without teaching him the sun breath, so tanjirou couldn't do it in rui's fight because even spending two years training, it was really tough to get into water breath, imagine one that he only had a look in his early days and didn't know about demons etc
the second one is that his father did teach him the sun breath along with the traditional dance, but tanjirou hit the head in one of the annual rituals and got amnesiac about it, only remembering in a life or death situation but the muscular memory of doing the ritual helped him
we could use these words for the second situation: oh, my life through my eyes, when I get into a really bad situation, remember me about that really badass never mentioned dance who required a different breath style that's better than mine so I can overcome my opponent

i should note that i'm not trying to free hate KnY, because even having the most unbearable annoying character aka zenitsu, if you ignore him, they are doing good with a simple plot, and that asspull isn't going to destroy the series. even being an asspull, it was done really good unlike "ooh my consciousness transfer" of reiner, "ooh my rubber nen" of hisoka or the "i stopped time in your stopped time, dio!" of jotaro, these series still are likeable
Ok your right I understand but like someone here said, his dad taught him that breathing technique so he could do the ritual, not to kill demons. Tanjirou becoming a demon slayer was something that his dad never wanted/expected otherwise Tanjirou would have been taught how to kill demons by his dad.
Also Tanjirou was taught by Urokodaki, which uses the water breathing. Probably Tanjirou never thought that he could use the Hinokami as a "weapon" to kill demons(since he used for a ritual) and also Urokodaki has more experience so naturally he would obey him when training. Maybe he will find the answers in a future episode.
Aug 17, 2019 5:40 AM

Mar 2018
@ShanAsuna Was on my phone and pressed submit by accident. Didn't have time to write back had to do something

OMG there's so much wrong with your understanding of AoT. All that after you belittle me just for voice my opinion on show, third time y'all draw unfair comparisons with real GOATS like HxH and AoT who actually have well crafted stories.

I'll get back to you later this won't even be a discussion just me proving you wrong
poop
Aug 17, 2019 5:58 AM
Oct 2018
Esquirtit said:
@ShanAsuna Was on my phone and pressed submit by accident. Didn't have time to write back had to do something

OMG there's so much wrong with your understanding of AoT. All that after you belittle me just for voice my opinion on show, third time y'all draw unfair comparisons with real GOATS like HxH and AoT who actually have well crafted stories.

I'll get back to you later this won't even be a discussion just me proving you wrong
i think you the one who make unfair comparison hxh and aot you already knwo alot of the strory. If you want fair comparison compare just the first season or the 19 episode from hxh or aot.you will see there is not much different. All of them they follow the same formula of shounen
SamoanAug 17, 2019 6:39 AM
Aug 17, 2019 5:58 AM
Jul 2019
kimetsu no yaba best anime in 2019
Aug 17, 2019 8:28 AM

Jan 2009
Well as someone who knows a bit about the manga... be aware these are big spoilers, so i'd just take my word for it and say that there is a reason for it, but if you must know:
Aug 17, 2019 4:07 PM

Mar 2018
I don't know what to think now, if his dad actually knew about demons it's even worse? Like "I'm sick and dying but let's not tell my family demons are raping humans all over the place, and btw Muzan Jackson probably wants revenge because my ancestors almost killed him", "Continue living up here in the mountains it's fine no demons around here and I can't be bothered to ask the Demon Corps for protection". My point is; why wasn't the Demon Corps more competent in preserving these techniques/rituals/dances whatever. They are both a fastfood service for demons and a cleanup crew.

You brought up AoT so nah

AoT SPOILERS UP TILL SEASON 3 PART 2 BELOW

- Eldians are told that they are the Nazis (and they possibly are). They obey Marley in fear of getting exiled, and are told to pay for their ancestors' crimes. The kids who inherited the Titan powers are pursued by their familes to become Marleyan warriors so they can live better lives. There are so many reasons NOT to revolt, you risk losing all your relatives/friends. Not to forget their objective was to destroy the Walls to get hold of the Coordinate, who they believe left them behind. And you're here saying just because they are Eldians it's illogical they didn't revolt, Marley has way more advanced weaponry they don't rely on Titans. There are clearly clashes between Eldians themselves

- Zeke is half royal and inherited the Beast Titan, it was shown in s2 his ability to control Titans isn't consistent though. Not fully explained, am not a manga reader so idk if it already has been told.

- Last time I checked Historia isn't a Titan/ Titan Shifter

- That's just Marley propaganda. The Eldian resistance made up their own version too and called her a benevolent Goddess. We don't know the truth yet. Hope your at least aware they don't mean the Ymir we know, sorry some actually thought that

- It's not an asspull because we already knew Titans have their unique attributes. It falls under Plot Armor.

- Eren only learned crystallization recently, at what point was it useful to get Annie out of her shell? Maybe he will do so later, but there wasn't any reason to do so yet. Better to capture another Titan Shifter to eat
poop
Aug 17, 2019 11:58 PM

Jun 2013
I had no idea people were complaining about the last episode. LOL I thought everyone was praising it. Well, anyway, that "asspull" didn't even work. Giyuu had to save Tanjirou's ass again. If Giyuu didn't arrive, for sure both Tanjirou and Nezuko would've been slaughtered.
臭い-
Aug 18, 2019 1:12 AM
Nostalgia Addict

Feb 2018
Why didn't they use these techniques in previous episodes?
because it's shounen
no realistic at all
so yeah it's a ass pull .
WIIXAndAug 18, 2019 1:15 AM
Aug 19, 2019 10:26 AM
Aug 2019
funny how all of this people try so hard to find logic in kimetsu no yaiba when they can also found a lot of bullshit in their fav anime if they try to find all the logic in them..
Aug 19, 2019 11:05 AM

Feb 2018
ShanAsuna said:
Esquirtit said:
@Ozen106th that's why I said it's not an asspull, but a "lite aspull" because it's simply stupid as fuck. how in the fuck did his dad not know about demons even though the demon corps never vanished. how did tanjirou not learn more about all of this while training for years and meeting people from the demon corps. I'm not going to care about all these rituals, techniques and foreshadowing when it's just a dumb hack and slash story. this world doesn't make any sense, they know where to find demons but can't keep track of their own members and fight techniques. they even have demon allies and safehouses all over the place but no tanjirou family line with easily recognizable appearance and family treasures no idea what that's all about.

Not implying it's objectively bad, all the foreshadowing served its purpose but I don't care about it that much when the story overall is ass in my opinion.

btw armin fell on top of a building and was on the verge of death but got revived which was all to be expected considering they got their hands on one titan sperm injection

Obviously Tanjurou was trying to lead another life than a Demon Slayer. This sort of plot is so common, someone legendary decides to live a quiet life, have a family and the protagonist is his son who later finds out his father or family's reputation, then continues the legacy.

You are obviously slinging mud for the sake of it at this point. Stop being so immature. All fiction if you dwell deep enough are going to have some gaps in logic which may or may not be plugged as the story goes on. AOT is a very obvious example. If the Eldians were some sort of "Jews of holocaust" forced to kill their own, how is it possible that none of them holding the titan powers have revolted already? If Levi is so deadly, shouldn't the death charge by Erwin been done multiple times earlier in the story using horses in formation? Why can the beast titan control titans without the coordinate? Because he has royal blood that is basically polluted by Grisha? Why doesn't Historia who is pure blooded able to do it without the Coordinate?
What is that ridiculous premise of Ymir signing a pact with the devil to get titan powers? Where's the foreshadowing for that? Can I call it an asspull then?

And don't get me started on Reiner's asspulls of asspulls. Sliced in the neck (transferred consciousness to rest of body), blasted half his head off (transferred consciousness to rest of body)... Like wtf? And if Eren focusing the crystallisation on just one part of his body makes it harder, why can't he just smash Annie who's crystallised fully?

I can go on but you get the idea.

Aug 19, 2019 11:46 AM
Aug 2019
Esquirtit said:

So now you keep barking about his father next?? you just keep trying to find fault..try find fault in your fav anime..i bet 100% you can find more than one..and to satisfy you..his father not a demon slayer..and i bet you will reply with "then why" and "why" why why why again like immature kid..and go on defense the its ok for armin not die after fall so high when author can make him fall less high..and its ok for reiner to suddenly move his consciousness to other oart of his body with no foreshadow or previous ep saying a titan can do that by saying a titan is "special" and not everything been known yet..lol when you can add this "special" and not been known yet to kimetsu no yaiba and your problem dissapear just like tht..everything you use for defending attck on titan try use it on kimetsu no yaiba to lighten your heart..
Aug 19, 2019 11:55 AM

Mar 2018
@Ozen106th lmao stop calling me immature I'm literally just giving my opinion. and oh sorry it's almost as if this powerup has something to do with his father

@ShanAsuna forgot to @ you in my last post
poop
Aug 19, 2019 2:14 PM

Dec 2018
Esquirtit said:
@Ozen106th lmao stop calling me immature I'm literally just giving my opinion. and oh sorry it's almost as if this powerup has something to do with his father

True to @Ozen106th assessment, you are obviously an attention-seeking kid.
ShanAsunaAug 19, 2019 2:43 PM
Aug 19, 2019 3:31 PM

Mar 2018
ShanAsuna said:
Esquirtit said:

True to @Ozen106th assessment, you are obviously an attention-seeking kid.

Uuuhm okay you could've easily ignored my post but had to rant about AoT making yourself look incredibly stupid.
poop
Aug 20, 2019 2:01 AM

Mar 2018
@cockblockpolice you do know you brought up AoT first right? I don't think I've ever witnessed this much retardation
poop
Sep 11, 2019 2:05 AM
Aug 2019
Yes it was an asspull. How can Nezuko use sonething that she doesn't even know she had it all the time and has a really good control to it?
Sep 26, 2019 6:27 AM
Jan 2016
virg0 said:
poronite said:
Because that dance was something that Tanjiro learned when he was a kid(he might even took part in some of those rituals) but when his dad died he had to become the one providing for his family. He didn't have time to do rituals because he had to work(he was the only one providing for 2 brothers, 2 sisters and his mom, the rest stayed at home) therefore his conscious memory didn't need that information and it ended up in the subconscious part of his memory. Then with the "life flashing through your eyes" thing he got that information and used it. He was desperate and willing to do anything that he could to beat the demon even if he died trying.

but the ritual was done annually, how he didn't have time for it? remember that his frail dad was doing the ritual, implying that he had work at that time, even being fragile. so how could a sick father working hard for his family could have time for the ritual, but a really strong boy that could carry tons of coal downhill wouldn't have?

there's two situations, the first one is that his dad died without teaching him the sun breath, so tanjirou couldn't do it in rui's fight because even spending two years training, it was really tough to get into water breath, imagine one that he only had a look in his early days and didn't know about demons etc
the second one is that his father did teach him the sun breath along with the traditional dance, but tanjirou hit the head in one of the annual rituals and got amnesiac about it, only remembering in a life or death situation but the muscular memory of doing the ritual helped him
we could use these words for the second situation: oh, my life through my eyes, when I get into a really bad situation, remember me about that really badass never mentioned dance who required a different breath style that's better than mine so I can overcome my opponent

i should note that i'm not trying to free hate KnY, because even having the most unbearable annoying character aka zenitsu, if you ignore him, they are doing good with a simple plot, and that asspull isn't going to destroy the series. even being an asspull, it was done really good unlike "ooh my consciousness transfer" of reiner, "ooh my rubber nen" of hisoka or the "i stopped time in your stopped time, dio!" of jotaro, these series still are likeable

I'm going to go with situation number 3. Tanjiro's father taught him the dance and breathing technique , but Tanjiro never mastered it. We see that as he's suffering repercussions from using it for a limited amount of time. And we have good reasoning as to why Tanjiro never performed the ritual, that being he's only ever practiced it. Also, in episode 1 they make it pretty clear that their father passed away rather recently so Tanjiro never had the chance to perform it for the ritual since his father was still around. Throw in the fact that he was 13, never fully mastered the dance, and his whole family was massacred and sister was demonized, I think we have a pretty good reason for why he forgot about it or at least it wasn't concern number 1.

Also, here's some information that's seen in season one, that helps the overall argument for why it's not an asspull, and that's not explained until later. Read at your own risk!

I mean come on, we have hints of power ups and connections to the hinokami sprinkled throughout the beginning, you all just don't realize it and for good reason too.
Sep 26, 2019 6:40 AM

Jul 2013
S0meReGuLaRGuy said:
virg0 said:

I'm going to go with situation number 3. Tanjiro's father taught him the dance and breathing technique , but Tanjiro never mastered it. We see that as he's suffering repercussions from using it for a limited amount of time. And we have good reasoning as to why Tanjiro never performed the ritual, that being he's only ever practiced it. Also, in episode 1 they make it pretty clear that their father passed away rather recently so Tanjiro never had the chance to perform it for the ritual since his father was still around. Throw in the fact that he was 13, never fully mastered the dance, and his whole family was massacred and sister was demonized, I think we have a pretty good reason for why he forgot about it or at least it wasn't concern number 1.

Also, here's some information that's seen in season one, that helps the overall argument for why it's not an asspull, and that's not explained until later. Read at your own risk!

I mean come on, we have hints of power ups and connections to the hinokami sprinkled throughout the beginning, you all just don't realize it and for good reason too.

Tanjiro never mastered water breathing as well. That's why he has completely ditched it for Hinokami Kagura and has never created his own form with water breathing unlike Zenitsu and Inosuke with their respective breaths but Tanjiro was able to create his own forms using Hinokami Kagura. People are so quick to call everything an asspull if it doesn't get explained immediately. The whole point is to find out about the original breath and their ancestors.
Sep 26, 2019 7:48 AM
Jan 2016
Esquirtit said:

So you're telling me your reasoning that you think "it's simply stupid as fuck" and "the world doesn't make sense" because you made assumptions about the story lmao. That's a terrible argument since you don't even have evidence to back up anything you're claiming.

Only check out this spoiler if you want to see me completely demolish your argument

"they know where to find demons but can't keep track of their own members and fight techniques"

Seriously? You must be trolling.
"Sir, there's been multiple reports of people going missing in this village!" "Would you shut up! I'm trying to figure out how we could POSSIBLY figure out where demons potentially are."
And for the latter half of this argument here
Sep 26, 2019 7:54 AM
Jan 2016
Tohsaka_Rukia said:
S0meReGuLaRGuy said:

Tanjiro never mastered water breathing as well. That's why he has completely ditched it for Hinokami Kagura and has never created his own form with water breathing unlike Zenitsu and Inosuke with their respective breaths but Tanjiro was able to create his own forms using Hinokami Kagura. People are so quick to call everything an asspull if it doesn't get explained immediately. The whole point is to find out about the original breath and their ancestors.

Exactly. It's too funny that people are saying it's an asspull when they don't even understand half of what's being laid out to them about the lore in the story so far.
Sep 26, 2019 9:22 AM

Mar 2018
@S0meregularguy So all you got are two spoilers which I'm not going to read and probably don't make up for this series incompetent world building and poorly thought out setting. Can you like just not reply
poop
Sep 26, 2019 9:49 AM

Jul 2013
Esquirtit said:
@S0meregularguy So all you got are two spoilers which I'm not going to read and probably don't make up for this series incompetent world building and poorly thought out setting. Can you like just not reply

Very sound argument. You should have just sat there and ate your food.
Sep 26, 2019 10:38 AM

Mar 2018
@Tohsaka_Rukia Stop pretending to care about "sound" arguments. Dude gave me two spoiler buttons

How did his dad know about breath techniques and dances that can make you stronger but not about demons. That makes as much sense as that dude from ep 1 who knew about demons but never bothered to tell it to the Kamado family before.

It'll be explained in the future, but it's still going to be vague and illogical, that's a given lol. Don't need to read spoilers for that.

His sarcasm was this just stupid, the demon corps have been shown to be independent, they don't rely on "reports". They know more about demons than they do of their own history.

I mean, we're supposed to believe the general public doesn't know about demons even though thousands have died, kids go after a demon who kidnapped their brother instead of informing relatives and nothing gets explained. They have yet to show how their system works, probably a bunch of ass.
poop
Sep 26, 2019 10:46 AM

Aug 2016
It's not an asspull at all. People keep tossing this word around when it doesn't apply.

An asspull is when something comes out of nowhere, usually to bail the author out of the rules/power levels he set up and can no longer work around.

If you want an asspull go watch Dragon Ball Super and what Trunks did in that series. Go watch Sword Art Online. A power up that was hinted at in a subtle manner that resulted in the main character getting off an attack that didn't even win the fight is not an asspull.
Sep 26, 2019 11:24 AM
Oct 2018
WordIsBond said:
I don't really laugh at everything Zenitsu does, but I do like the idea of his character. He offers something more human than Tanjiro (morally perfect) and Inosuke (survival of the fittest). The world of Demon Slayer is pretty brutal and the deaths are gruesome, I just like the fact that there's a character who's more or less relatable with the average person.

He actually sees females in a romantic way and genuinely fears for his life in hellish situations unlike the other two. Despite being a cowardly loser who wasn't able to learn more than 1 form, he's able to overcome it in order to help others and try to make his Grandfather proud. I mean, who doesn't like a good underdog story?

I can see why he's divisive, I just hope other people can see why he might be liked as well.

Problem with most of kny characters is that they are walking quirks (or types) with a tragic back story. Thank god they didnt try to make up a back story to tell why zenitsu is a coward. And yes, zenitsu is a far normal charcter than most of kny cast ( and thats a good thing)
Sep 26, 2019 11:27 AM
Jul 2016
WordIsBond said:
I don't really laugh at everything Zenitsu does, but I do like the idea of his character. He offers something more human than Tanjiro (morally perfect) and Inosuke (survival of the fittest). The world of Demon Slayer is pretty brutal and the deaths are gruesome, I just like the fact that there's a character who's more or less relatable with the average person.

He actually sees females in a romantic way and genuinely fears for his life in hellish situations unlike the other two. Despite being a cowardly loser who wasn't able to learn more than 1 form, he's able to overcome it in order to help others and try to make his Grandfather proud. I mean, who doesn't like a good underdog story?

I can see why he's divisive, I just hope other people can see why he might be liked as well.

Emm... bro, i think you just posted in the wrong thread lol
Sep 26, 2019 11:40 AM

Jul 2013
Esquirtit said:
@Tohsaka_Rukia Stop pretending to care about "sound" arguments. Dude gave me two spoiler buttons

How did his dad know about breath techniques and dances that can make you stronger but not about demons. That makes as much sense as that dude from ep 1 who knew about demons but never bothered to tell it to the Kamado family before.

It'll be explained in the future, but it's still going to be vague and illogical, that's a given lol. Don't need to read spoilers for that.

His sarcasm was this just stupid, the demon corps have been shown to be independent, they don't rely on "reports". They know more about demons than they do of their own history.

I mean, we're supposed to believe the general public doesn't know about demons even though thousands have died, kids go after a demon who kidnapped their brother instead of informing relatives and nothing gets explained. They have yet to show how their system works, probably a bunch of ass.

And where did you even get the idea that Tanjuro doesn't know about demons? In the very first episode alone, Tanjiro said that his grandmother used to say something about demons so your complaint about that old dude is already moot. I mean if it wasn't glaringly obvious enough, his family is special because main character privileges. His dad even does even more stuff later.

This one isn't even relevant to the thread. I don't know... maybe because... you know... demons, I mean the strong ones have been killing demon slayers since forever and inevitably damaging the corps' history by destroying bloodlines and losing knowledge in the process and other factors.

Irrelevant to the thread as well. A portion of them do know that's why these urban legends get passed down everywhere. It's up to the person whether they want to believe it or not. Oh no... kids acting dumb. KnY bad.

Sep 26, 2019 12:16 PM

Mar 2018
@Tohsaka_Rukia Well that's what irks me, if they're so special why'd they continue to live up there in the mountains waiting to get raped by demons, and why didn't the demon corps interfere.

It's not just a war between demon slayers and demons, it's humanity vs demons, it doesn't make any sense at all how it's not common knowledge. It's annoying how this series keeps reinforcing some humans longed for peace with demons, but we don't even know how they coexist right now. It's just ''demons eat humans lul''. Can only hope next seasons will expand on this world, otherwise it'll just keep being a mediocre battle shounen carried by Ufotable.

Oh no... kids acting dumb. KnY bad.
I mean that was one of weirdest things I've ever seen, children don't hunt down someone who kidnapped their brother the next morning without having told any of their relatives. It wasn't even adressed by anyone, just had to accept this demon has a house where supposedly dozens have disappeared and no one in the area gave a shit.'

Well that's just my opinion
poop
Sep 26, 2019 9:47 PM
Jan 2016
Esquirtit said:

Obviously. I ain't just going to just drop a spoiler without hiding it. And it's completely up to you whether you want to view it and see your argument completely fall on it's face, or not. Whatever.

And yeah my comment was sarcasm. I was making fun of your argument. The kasugai crows is a literal surveillance network controlled by the head of the demon corps that spans all of Japan. Tanjiro's crow literally shows up at the end of episode 5 telling him to head north because girls are vanishing in a village there.

And again as I said originally, you're argument is literally contrived of assumptions. At this point you must be trolling because it's too stupid especially when you have no evidence to back up your arguments. It's good that you have your own opinions man, but you have to have at least some type of backing to them or your argument is hollow and easily picked apart.

I gave you the evidence under the spoiler tag, and I don't recommend viewing it if you want to experience the show blind. But I actually have evidence at least to back up my counterargument, not just assumptions.

Also, is it too hard to believe that the government covers up the existence of demons. Governments hide information from the general public all the time. And if your argument is that thousands of people are dying, well seems I have to break the news to you but those are rookie numbers of avg deaths for even a day. In the US an avg of 7000 people die a day, and in japan per population of 1000 people an avg of 9.8 people die per year. Japans population is over 100,000,000, and probably even higher back in the taisho period before the world wars and declining birth rates. That's a lot of death, so thousands dying isn't really anything abnormal. On top of that demons only come out at night, where activity level for humans is usually lower since...they're sleeping. And there's a good chance that most humans that encounter a demon are killed, so it's kind of hard to spread rumors about the existence of demons.
S0meReGuLaRGuySep 26, 2019 10:03 PM
Sep 27, 2019 5:42 AM

Jan 2015
stop trying to explain random asspull powerups with logic. this is a show aimed AT YOUNG KIDS, so of course it won't make any sense. But shows like this get overhyped so much for no reason at all, when they are mediocre at best.
Sep 27, 2019 6:21 AM

Oct 2018
BestBoiEren said:
stop trying to explain random asspull powerups with logic. this is a show aimed AT YOUNG KIDS, so of course it won't make any sense. But shows like this get overhyped so much for no reason at all, when they are mediocre at best.

"Aimed at young kids". Yeah. Definitely.
Sep 27, 2019 6:34 AM

Jan 2015
-Aincrad- said:
BestBoiEren said:

Who else could the target audience be for shows with full of asspulls and plotholes? (which is true for most shounens)
Sep 27, 2019 6:40 AM

Oct 2018
BestBoiEren said:
-Aincrad- said:

Who else could the target audience be for shows with full of asspulls and plotholes? (which is true for most shounens)

Yeah the target audience of most shounens is younger people indeed, but it's not really true for something like KnY which is full of brutality. Hence why the rating is also not PG - 13, but R - 17+ instead.

And it doesn't just have 1-2 scenes with some blood. It constantly has content not meant for children/young kids/however you call them, especially during the mountain arc.
-Aincrad-Sep 27, 2019 6:44 AM
Sep 27, 2019 7:02 AM

May 2015
lol government telling people about demons,they can't do shit,people would go mad, and honestly the author didn't want to bother with the government in the story,and thats good,people don't believe in other people telling them about demons,those people are seen as crazy,they blame wild animals for deaths and disapperence of people in the night.
Sep 27, 2019 9:48 AM

Jul 2013
Esquirtit said:
@Tohsaka_Rukia Well that's what irks me, if they're so special why'd they continue to live up there in the mountains waiting to get raped by demons, and why didn't the demon corps interfere.

It's not just a war between demon slayers and demons, it's humanity vs demons, it doesn't make any sense at all how it's not common knowledge. It's annoying how this series keeps reinforcing some humans longed for peace with demons, but we don't even know how they coexist right now. It's just ''demons eat humans lul''. Can only hope next seasons will expand on this world, otherwise it'll just keep being a mediocre battle shounen carried by Ufotable.

Oh no... kids acting dumb. KnY bad.
I mean that was one of weirdest things I've ever seen, children don't hunt down someone who kidnapped their brother the next morning without having told any of their relatives. It wasn't even adressed by anyone, just had to accept this demon has a house where supposedly dozens have disappeared and no one in the area gave a shit.'

Well that's just my opinion

Except they did not get raped by demons for how long they've been living there. If you didn't catch it the first time, the big baddie was the one who raped them. They're both special and not special in a sense. They're not special because they're not what most watchers assume them to be (spoiler territory so I won't say anything). They're just an ordinary family of coal burners living in the mountains and yet they're also special because a certain someone (mild spoiler) passed down a certain dance (Dance of the Fire God) to them. There was no big reason to hunt them down. They just happened to get killed by the big baddie.

And yes, the corps DID interfere. Why do you think Giyuu was there?

And where did you get the idea that humans longed for peace with the demons? Shinobu? That's only her sister's dream. Not even the central part of the show. The whole plot is still centered around killing the demons for the shit they've done. Most of the demon slayers joined the corps for revenge to begin with.

Those children did not hunt down the demon though. They were just waiting in fear and did not even had the guts to enter the house. No they did not just accept that it was a murder house. Why do you think Tanjiro and Zenitsu went to the mansion in the first place? Because the corps got reports that people have been missing/killed there that's why they got the mission from the crow.
Sep 27, 2019 1:18 PM
Nov 2015
Gwenze said:
The only thing can say is, watch this video.

https://youtu.be/ts8CuW9F4QY

Are you just incapable of thinking so you take some random guy's opinion for granted because they have a following?

I just fucking hope gate-keeping comes back and anime becomes niche medium again like it used to be.
Sep 27, 2019 9:54 PM
Jan 2016
NecRaul said:
Gwenze said:
The only thing can say is, watch this video.

https://youtu.be/ts8CuW9F4QY

Are you just incapable of thinking so you take some random guy's opinion for granted because they have a following?

I just fucking hope gate-keeping comes back and anime becomes niche medium again like it used to be.

Yeah, idk. I'm kind of on the fence about the whole anime becoming more mainsteam thing. I absolute loathe the sjw movement that has even started spreading into anime, but I'm also all for these creators and studios getting the recognition they deserve now that the medium is is gaining a bigger fan base. And more popularity possibly means better sales which contributes to the development of better quality anime. Can't really pick a side since they both have their pros and cons.
Sep 28, 2019 9:09 AM
Jul 2019
S0meReGuLaRGuy said:
NecRaul said:

Yeah, idk. I'm kind of on the fence about the whole anime becoming more mainsteam thing. I absolute loathe the sjw movement that has even started spreading into anime, but I'm also all for these creators and studios getting the recognition they deserve now that the medium is is gaining a bigger fan base. And more popularity possibly means better sales which contributes to the development of better quality anime. Can't really pick a side since they both have their pros and cons.

Yes, i would it like more when Anime where niche think too. I had defending demon slayer because I like it, every discussion about was the episode good or not is truly nonsense, because it was truly amazing. I love it. And yet start a discussion how Iskai is with me ok?
GwenzeSep 28, 2019 11:16 AM
Sep 28, 2019 11:24 AM
Nov 2015
Gwenze said:
S0meReGuLaRGuy said:

Yes, i would it like more when Anime where niche think too. I had defending demon slayer because I like it, every discussion about was the episode good or not is truly nonsense, because it was truly amazing. I love it. And yet start a discussion how Iskai is with me ok?

KNY is fucking hot garbage. You have watched little to no anime. Your top 10 reeks of normieness. You have no idea what's good or not, you just watch what's popular and can't comprehend a single opinion about any anime by yourself. Let me ask you this. What's so great about KNY that you redeem it as a "masterpiece"?
Sep 28, 2019 12:02 PM
Jul 2019
NecRaul said:
Gwenze said:

KNY is fucking hot garbage. You have watched little to no anime. Your top 10 reeks of normieness. You have no idea what's good or not, you just watch what's popular and can't comprehend a single opinion about any anime by yourself. Let me ask you this. What's so great about KNY that you redeem it as a "masterpiece"?

I know, i know. My top is just my personal opinion(and i give some show only to push them in the ranking). Demon slayer isn't perfect but I like it, it's the first Anime I watch week to week. It's not a masterpiece but it isn't so bad like sao...
It's pretty solid, like a good popcorn movie.
Sep 28, 2019 12:06 PM
Jul 2019
NecRaul said:
Gwenze said:

I only have purched it in the ranking, its a little special for me like I said before but thats all.
Sep 28, 2019 12:13 PM
Jul 2019
NecRaul said:
Gwenze said:

Your top 10 has only popular title too.
Sep 28, 2019 12:20 PM

Oct 2018
NecRaul said:
Gwenze said:

Oh no, another one of these type of guys.

There's no use of reasonable arguments here.
Sep 28, 2019 12:24 PM

Aug 2016
So after 100+ replies we still have no concrete evidence that anything in 19 was an asspull?

Interesting.
Sep 28, 2019 12:35 PM
Nov 2015
>It's not a masterpiece but it isn't so bad like sao...
You gave SAO a fucking six which means Fine. Fucking fine.
>Your top 10 has only popular title too.
First of all, excuse me but there's not a single show in my top 10 that you've watched and can you explain how Tenshi no Tamago is "popular".
Second of all,I am not saying every single popular anime is a shit show. People were drooling over Seishun Buta just one year ago and now it's fucking dead like it should be. It's garbage and is only capable of copying Monogatari series and even then it fails miserably to do so. DomeKano and Kaguya are examples to this too. Both of them were overhyped, overscored by reddit and twitter retards.
Sep 28, 2019 12:36 PM
Nov 2015
-Aincrad- said:
NecRaul said:

Oh no, another one of these type of guys.

There's no use of reasonable arguments here.

It's really ironic how you are on of the people you say you "hate" shown in your profile.
Sep 28, 2019 12:39 PM
Nov 2015
JFuji said:
So after 100+ replies we still have no concrete evidence that anything in 19 was an asspull?

Interesting.

It was an asspull. It's identical to YNN's "muh fetus memories" asspull. Tanjirou trained more than a year to learn water breathing and out of blue he does something he saw as a brat and is "good" at it.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
Apr 22, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2019

316 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 18, 12:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.