male suicide is it a problem today?
yes
71.2%
no
12.5%
neutral
16.3%
104 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 21, 2019 12:20 PM

Feb 2019
heg said:
this really turned into incels are suicidal huh, i was expecting economic factors more lol

but a lot of incels are employed though so to me just get a 3rd world girlfriend or waifu, i see a lot of retired military white men here in the philippines doing just that

and lol at the japanese woman comment on that screenshot when japanese women are also picky anyway just look at how japan have a sex crisis today or being single epidemic
Look at the bright side: better to have incel non-facts than 'guys are suicidal because white woman chooses black guy' or 'guys commit suicide because women are too fat'.

Although there's no silver lining here. Maybe I just got used to the incel reasoning.
Sep 21, 2019 12:22 PM
Jul 2018
heg said:
Silverstorm said:
Its probably cause incels are the ones in the thread buttressing this idea with wordings essentially cry-outs of "poor me".
I know of more people that have been married w/families in occupations with access to firearms that killed themselves in a violent manner than the incel whose low self-esteem (caused by whatever societal factors they attribute to mythical gender/character traits) causes them to lash out at others instead of taking themselves out. The irony is impressive.

thats a good point and like i said the incels are more angry than suicidal
suicidal are more harming themselves first
angry people are more harming others first

Peaceful_Critic said:
I don't think it's a real Japanese woman. Take note of how the introduction is one of the only things in broken English and how most of the comment has perfect English("Shame on all of you for creating such a toxic western enviorment..") with advanced words like "plethora" and "coddled" thrown in. The person who wrote this has great English skills on par with those at college or late high school level. That introduction is undoubtedly fake.

ye that could be it too although obviously there are japanese people that have very good english skills

and japanese women being picky is just the side effect of a competitive environment that capitalism brings anyway
I'm not saying there aren't Japanese people with amazing English, just that it's suspicious that only selective parts are in broken English.

People in Japan are overworked, so they haven't had the time to find someone. It's not that the people over there are especially picky.
Sep 21, 2019 12:24 PM

Jan 2009
Kosmonaut said:
'guys are suicidal because white woman chooses black guy' or 'guys commit suicide because women are too fat'.

nice summary there lol its ridiculous especially in the age of the internet where you can find a romantic partner around the world if you want especially if you are not a NEET and most incels have jobs from what i see

Peaceful_Critic said:

People in Japan are overworked, so they haven't had the time to find someone. It's not that the people over there are especially picky.

we need some overall statistics for that since thats what i get from watching those anecdotes videos of why some japanese women are choosy even when there are dating services all over japan for example heck there is a japanese government dating project if i remember right

degSep 21, 2019 12:29 PM
Sep 21, 2019 12:46 PM
Jul 2018
heg said:
Kosmonaut said:
'guys are suicidal because white woman chooses black guy' or 'guys commit suicide because women are too fat'.

nice summary there lol its ridiculous especially in the age of the internet where you can find a romantic partner around the world if you want especially if you are not a NEET and most incels have jobs from what i see

Peaceful_Critic said:

we need some overall statistics for that since thats what i get from watching those anecdotes videos of why some japanese women are choosy even when there are dating services all over japan for example heck there is a japanese government dating project if i remember right

I looked at the average hours work, and to my surprise, it's below the OCED average and the US. I heard a lot of horror stories about the Japanese overworking themselves such as the tradition of working until the boss is done and Karoshi(overwork death) which is why I assumed that was the problem.
Sep 21, 2019 1:14 PM

Nov 2013
Peaceful_Critic said:

I looked at the average hours work, and to my surprise, it's below the OCED average and the US. I heard a lot of horror stories about the Japanese overworking themselves such as the tradition of working until the boss is done and Karoshi(overwork death) which is why I assumed that was the problem.

I wouldn't rule out that being the problem quite yet.
Things like voluntary work, and the amount of effort that is expected to be put into over the work day are likely contributors that can exist because of japanese culture. Guilting people into putting in extra and harder work, potentially undocumented, for the sake of the company or moving up the ranks. The feeling they must always give 200%, so being more tired working similar hours. I question if things like these are accurately documented.

I can see you

Sep 21, 2019 1:19 PM

Jan 2009
Peaceful_Critic said:
heg said:

im not gonna be surprise since news are usually saying that Japan have an overwork culture anyway and karoshi is a common thing there too

there are lots of none paid overtime work in japan too if i remember right so that maybe not part of the overall statistics

obviously multiple factors are at play and japanese women being picky because of social competition/comparison is one (small) factor
Sep 21, 2019 1:42 PM

Mar 2019
@heg

Anger and suicide aren't as far apart as you think.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2019 1:42 PM
Jul 2018
MasterGlyth said:
Peaceful_Critic said:

Things like voluntary work, and the amount of effort that is expected to be put into over the work day are likely contributors that can exist because of japanese culture. Guilting people into putting in extra and harder work, potentially undocumented, for the sake of the company or moving up the ranks. The feeling they must always give 200%, so being more tired working similar hours. I question if things like these are accurately documented.
Hours worked with no pay was part of that statistic("Actual hours worked include regular work hours of full-time, part-time and part-year workers, paid and unpaid overtime, hours worked in additional jobs,"). Though it's going to be difficult to put a statistic on things like how hard the average employee worked and the statistic I linked didn't talk about that(it only considered time). So that should be something to consider.

Also, while I have you, may I ask why you think incisorr is a troll?
removed-userSep 21, 2019 1:52 PM
Sep 21, 2019 1:46 PM

Jan 2009
Ryuk9428 said:
@heg

Anger and suicide aren't as far apart as you think.

yes but there is still difference in most cases

suicide is more self-anger/hate
while the common anger problems is usually towards others
Sep 21, 2019 1:47 PM
Jul 2018
heg said:
obviously multiple factors are at play and japanese women being picky because of social competition/comparison is one (small) factor
You mentioned something about anecdotal videos that showed you this, correct? May I see them?
Sep 21, 2019 1:53 PM

Apr 2015
Noboru said:
konkelo said:
Maybe men should try to build meaningful emotional relationships with their friends to share their problems with each other.
How do you build "meaningful emotional relationships" and even make "friends" when there is either a lack of mutual interest or you eventually get ditched?
You can feel like you're best buddies with some girl/woman and still have the other person suddenly become more distanced towards you. Not sure who it was and where, but someone wrote that just with 20 minutes or so a day of their time, girls/women can easily add to the mental health of guys.

You can share your life happenings with a male friend too. If there was one universal answer on how to build relationships there probably wouldn't be loneliness in the first place. You're really asking wrong person to answer, since I'm not that big fan of socializing and have a terrible hard to handle personality.

If there's lack of mutual interest then don't try to push friendship, better just to stay familiar. If fear of getting abandoned is a hinder in creating new relationships or deepening old ones that fear should be dealt with. Talking with professional maybe, I personally just convince myself I am over thinking and try to talk sense to myself. Other is just accepting people change and you too change. Being able to let go is an important skill but if you really want to work things out it needs a lot of work. Some people's personalities just click together, I don't think there is really any deeper explanation on "how relationships are built".

Ryuk9428 said:
Being friends with men isn't enough, its more of a cope really. Men need the sexual component of relationships with girls.

Speak for yourself.

Ryuk9428 said:
A lot of girls turn their friendships into a sexual thing stemming from an emotional bond. A lot of girls first sexual experiences are with other girls these days.

If i remember correctly you're college student or something, which seems to be a thing there. But eh "a lot" seems an overrate.

heg said:
this really turned into incels are suicidal huh, i was expecting economic factors more lol

Sorry for pushing that one even further. But I had a fun time so then again I'm not that sorry, enjoy this dumpster fire of a thread. I think it's beautiful in a way

Mar 2019
Peaceful_Critic said:
MasterGlyth said:

Hours worked with no pay was part it("Actual hours worked include regular work hours of full-time, part-time and part-year workers, paid and unpaid overtime, hours worked in additional jobs,"). Though it's going to be difficult to put a statistic on things like how hard the average employee worked and the statistic I linked didn't talk about that(it only considered time). So that should be something to consider.

Japan has been dramatically lowering the average number of hours worked for a few years now as a result of national concerns related to karoshi and suicide. Overall though, the Japanese have never worked as much as South Korea, Mexico, or China does. Why Mexicans are not dying from karoshi and Japanese are could have something to do with latent energy levels. I think the Japanese simply have less energy than a lot of other countries with more working hours do.

How much work stresses you out has more to do with work in relation to energy levels than it does work alone. I think Japan is low energy, but medium to high workload. It could also be that extreme overworking companies in Japan are worse than other countries but perhaps the average company is better than the average international company.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2011
Peaceful_Critic said:
MasterGlyth said:

Hours worked with no pay was part it("Actual hours worked include regular work hours of full-time, part-time and part-year workers, paid and unpaid overtime, hours worked in additional jobs,"). Though it's going to be difficult to put a statistic on things like how hard the average employee worked and the statistic I linked didn't talk about that(it only considered time). So that should be something to consider.

those stats are fro all paied wor from non so-called black companies yes and Japanese people work less th us people if your sector is more unionzed and yes japan is has some of the most powerfull union in the world

you od not see strikes in Japan for reasons of the unnty laws passed and JSDP/JSP Coaltion were in power that states that if one union goes on strike ever union most thts 30% of the whole workforce
laos japan does not stupid law \RIGHT ot work like some us states do
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Sep 21, 2019 2:01 PM

Jan 2009
Peaceful_Critic said:
heg said:
You mentioned something about anecdotal videos that showed you this, correct? May I see them?

i forgot the title of the video already but quick google and shows stuff like this
https://www.quora.com/Do-Japanese-men-feel-Japanese-women-have-high-standards-do-Japanese-men-receive-a-lot-of-rejections

The average Japan woman believes the ideal salary for a young man looking to get married is 460 thousand yen per month, or about 4000 USD.

so to me its just a matter of making their capitalism become more social capitalism in order for inclusive growth to happen

but overall empowering women leads to decrease population anyway because you are giving women more choices (economically) than to be just a baby making machine so this is just a side effect of rich countries imo

@konkelo

ye no problem lol its a free discussion anyway

Sep 21, 2019 2:09 PM
Jul 2018
Ryuk9428 said:
Peaceful_Critic said:

Japan has been dramatically lowering the average number of hours worked for a few years now as a result of national concerns related to karoshi and suicide. Overall though, the Japanese have never worked as much as South Korea, Mexico, or China does. Why Mexicans are not dying from karoshi and Japanese are could have something to do with latent energy levels. I think the Japanese simply have less energy than a lot of other countries with more working hours do.

How much work stresses you out has more to do with work in relation to energy levels than it does work alone. I think Japan is low energy, but medium to high workload. It could also be that extreme overworking companies in Japan are worse than other countries but perhaps the average company is better than the average international company.
Doesn't energy have more to do with diet? And if I recall correctly the Japanese eat quite well in terms of health.
removed-userSep 21, 2019 2:13 PM
Sep 21, 2019 2:19 PM

Nov 2013
Peaceful_Critic said:
MasterGlyth said:

Hours worked with no pay was part of that statistic("Actual hours worked include regular work hours of full-time, part-time and part-year workers, paid and unpaid overtime, hours worked in additional jobs,"). Though it's going to be difficult to put a statistic on things like how hard the average employee worked and the statistic I linked didn't talk about that(it only considered time). So that should be something to consider.

Ok, I'm still skeptical about the accuracy of the reported data for publicity's sake, but I'll leave it at that.

I don't think people are automatically trolls based on their ideas, just the presentation of their ideas. The lazy post structure, grammar and overconfidence in themselves and their ideas, that could be meant to aggravate a "ugh this guy is just so annoying and uneducated" sort of mentality, the way they are eager to present their controversial ideas without easing people into them to convince them, but to present controversy, you learn to recognize patterns over time.
"But that's a lot of text to put into trolling"
Well, different people have different hobbies.
MasterGlythSep 21, 2019 2:22 PM

I can see you

Sep 21, 2019 2:22 PM

Mar 2019
Peaceful_Critic said:
Ryuk9428 said:

Doesn't energy have more to do with diet? And if I recall correctly the Japanese eat quite well in terms of health.

The Japanese diet is healthy, but they don't seem to eat a lot in terms of calories. I can't say for sure but to me, it seems like Japan's latent energy levels are lower than average.
Sep 21, 2019 2:34 PM
Jul 2018
heg said:
i forgot the title of the video already but quick google and shows stuff like this
https://www.quora.com/Do-Japanese-men-feel-Japanese-women-have-high-standards-do-Japanese-men-receive-a-lot-of-rejections

The average Japan woman believes the ideal salary for a young man looking to get married is 460 thousand yen per month, or about 4000 USD.

so to me its just a matter of making their capitalism become more social capitalism in order for inclusive growth to happen

but overall empowering women leads to decrease population anyway because you are giving women more choices (economically) than to be just a baby making machine so this is just a side effect of rich countries imo

@konkelo

Ah, I see thanks for sharing. I am going to take note of the "ideal" part. Meaning that it's not their standard, it would just be nice.
removed-userSep 21, 2019 2:38 PM
Sep 21, 2019 2:38 PM

Mar 2019
Soverign said:
@incisorr
Dude... hypergamy is color blind. What incels and white nationalists fail to realise is something MGTOW figured out a long time ago. NAWALT (yes they are, your Japanese girl example is an appeal to white men and you even made the classic incel mistake of saying her husband is soooooo lucky, not she is lucky).

Male and female hypergamy is different. Women always attempt to date up the social ladder snagging a charming rich doctor or prince or what have you. Men always try to date a female that is more attractive a supermodel or what have you. The problem is, white women have been so over valued and classed their value so high as literally only a Emperor is worthy of a four or five. An eight or nine? Is she going to marry Jesus because literally only mythological figures are in their range at this point, which is where the unhappiness thing and not being able to find a 'good'man comes from.

I don't really agree with NAWALT or the idea that women trying to date richer men is a problem. I see women's relation to money as similar to guys relation to looks. In strip clubs, you'll notice that men and women almost completely reverse courtship roles. You mentioned that guys will always want a hotter girl if they can get one so I don't hold it against girls for wanting a richer husband if they can get one. The main problem comes from women wanting a man to have everything. Money, confident, handsome, and also a nice guy. Having all four is just too difficult to pull off especially since nice and confident are often at odds with one another.

There is no way that incels or MGTOW would have any problem with my mother. She's an incredibly sweet and motherly person, she believes in traditional values, thinks girls should date nice guys, she always told me she wants my dad to feel like he's come home to a warm stress free environment when he gets back. My parents have an incredibly healthy marriage. The kind of marriage some people consider mythological these days. My parents never fight, their love is really obvious to anyone who has met them. I have no doubts in my mind they'll be married until death and neither of them will ever cheat on each other.

I have met other women who seem to sympathize with men's struggles and resist feminism's oppression narrative. Today's issues have much more to do with socialization and the oppression narrative than it does with women's biology. Even the whole "girls like bad boys" thing isn't quite as prevalent as I once thought as there are quite a few girls that prefer romantic gentleman types who make them feel special.
Sep 21, 2019 2:46 PM
Jul 2018
Ryuk9428 said:
Peaceful_Critic said:

The Japanese diet is healthy, but they don't seem to eat a lot in terms of calories. I can't say for sure but to me, it seems like Japan's latent energy levels are lower than average.
Ah, that's true, Japan has a pretty ideal BMI while Western Countries like Mexico have an obesity problem.
Sep 21, 2019 2:47 PM

Mar 2019
heg said:
Peaceful_Critic said:

@konkelo

That's actually not that bad. $4,000 a month is very doable in Japan. Its actually almost exactly the average per capita income. So basically Japanese women want a guy who makes at least an average income. To me that doesn't sound unreasonable. If their standards were 1 million yen a month at least, then I'd say they need to start looking at their standards a bit.

I'm skeptical about whether Japan really has a sex crisis because the prostitution industry there is worth 25 billion dollars, but much bigger than that, the love hotel industry is worth like 40-50 billion dollars. An hour in a love hotel only costs about $20 and an overnight stay is like $75-80. According to a study cited in the film "Futari Ecchi," love hotels are only used by 7% of married couples to begin with.

Overall though this means the Japanese are spending 65-75 billion dollars on sex and this 65-75 billion is still only being spent by a minority of the country's population. That's a lot of money spent on sex that likely isn't even close to half of all the sex going on in Japan. These raw numbers seem to strongly contradict the narrative that Japan is having a sex crisis.
Sep 21, 2019 2:51 PM

Jan 2009
@Ryuk9428

its a paradox or ironic really i remember watching this video done by BBC some years ago about it that maybe you have seen it but i will share it for others to see

even if you do not believe that japan has sex crisis then you cannot deny their decreasing population so less birth means less sex too? add the overwork culture that too busy to have sex or have children
Sep 21, 2019 2:54 PM

Jan 2009
@-Shinzo: I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your friends/classmates and I agree with you that it's better to have people to speak your mind than to bottle yourself up like that. While it doesn't necessarily have to be self-love, I agree that it's a great trait to have and think, that people should value their lives, at the very least.

I'm questioning the effectiveness of just talking when people don't have the intention to do something about their troubles. btw.: getting rejected once doesn't necessarily mean you're getting rejected forever. Some girls/women may even be swayed over having some guy court them over and over again.

Hmm, maybe not in person, but there are lots of guys (including myself) who easily enough open themselves up in a pseudonymous setting.

While I do think it's best to have both people being able to live independently, this usually puts more pressure to the respective person that they have to be interesting/good enough for their respective partner in order to not be left, while in a co-dependent relationship, it's more about having a symbiosis with each other and getting and staying into something that is more than the sum of the respective part(ner)

@konkelo:
Yes, you can share stuff with the same sex as well, but biology usually makes the opposite sex appear more interesting, even when it's not in a sexual manner.

The problem I'm having is that I easily seem to click with people, but have a harder time to keep it clicked for a longer period of time. Anyway, thanks for the advice, though sometimes, it's really hard for me to find out when people just write to me because they are bored/lonely or just curious about/interested in me or whether they are at least a bit into me. I may be susceptible to an overperception bias, regardless of whether or not it is of or includes sexual nature
NoboruSep 21, 2019 3:01 PM
Sep 21, 2019 3:17 PM

Mar 2019
heg said:
@Ryuk9428

its a paradox or ironic really i remember watching this video done by BBC some years ago about it that maybe you have seen it but i will share it for others to see

even if you do not believe that japan has sex crisis then you cannot deny their decreasing population so less birth means less sex too? add the overwork culture that too busy to have sex or have children

This video contradicts some other studies I've seen that claimed the majority of Japanese had sex for the first time in their high school years. It was conducted by the Kyoto University and the rates of teenagers and young adults having sex in Japan seems consistent with what occurs in Western countries. The numbers given by the Kyoto University strongly contradict claims that 30-45% of Japanese in their 30s are virgins. The Japanese may be very shy but their society seems setup in ways that shyness isn't as much of a barrier to forming relationships. Such methods are matchmaking parties, dating services and introductions to opposite sex partners by friends and family.

https://repository.kulib.kyoto-u.ac.jp/dspace/bitstream/2433/197308/1/Kihara_Masako_book.2011.pdf

Actually the birth rate really has nothing to do with how much sex people are having. Some highly sex focused countries like Greece, Spain, and Italy actually have lower birth rates than Japan does. Other countries that are known for having a lot of sex like Germany and Brazil have birth rates that are barely any higher than Japan's but I don't think anybody can deny Brazil's massive sex culture.
Sep 21, 2019 3:25 PM

Jan 2009
@Ryuk9428

news like this are common though

Japan is taking extreme measures to defuse its demographic time bomb
The Japanese government is going to all sorts of lengths to defuse it, from offering free childcare to organizing speed-dating events.
https://www.businessinsider.sg/japanese-government-measures-prevent-population-crisis-declining-babies-sex-2019-6/

Japan's huge sex problem is setting up a 'demographic time bomb' for the country
The Japanese press has taken to calling it sekkusu shinai shokogun: celibacy syndrome.
Basically, the country just isn't that interested in sex — and it could have huge effects beyond its borders.
https://www.businessinsider.com/half-of-japanese-people-arent-having-sex-2015-7?IR=T

but ye i agree that birthrate and sex are not strictly related but there is more chance of pregnancy the more your population have sex lol
Sep 21, 2019 3:31 PM

Mar 2008
Something else I forgot to mention. I've read studies on how females are better able to survive traumatic injuries than males. So not only do males choose suicide methods more likely to end in death but males are physiologically at a disadvantage of survival over females for injuries of equal severity. The theory is that testosterone partially interferes with the healing process or that estrogen enhances it. I suppose other factors may be at play such as females having a faster heart rate than males which is because of differences in averages of heart size.
Sep 21, 2019 3:36 PM

Jan 2009
@traed

we males are usually more bigger/heavy too so as they say the bigger they are the harder when they fall lol
Sep 21, 2019 4:19 PM

Mar 2019
heg said:
@Ryuk9428

news like this are common though

Japan is taking extreme measures to defuse its demographic time bomb
The Japanese government is going to all sorts of lengths to defuse it, from offering free childcare to organizing speed-dating events.
https://www.businessinsider.sg/japanese-government-measures-prevent-population-crisis-declining-babies-sex-2019-6/

Japan's huge sex problem is setting up a 'demographic time bomb' for the country
The Japanese press has taken to calling it sekkusu shinai shokogun: celibacy syndrome.
Basically, the country just isn't that interested in sex — and it could have huge effects beyond its borders.
https://www.businessinsider.com/half-of-japanese-people-arent-having-sex-2015-7?IR=T

but ye i agree that birthrate and sex are not strictly related but there is more chance of pregnancy the more your population have sex lol

I'm just saying, its hard to argue with the raw numbers of 65-75 billion a year. Taking love hotels, if you divided 40-50 billion by 20 (assuming one act of sex per hour I feel is reasonable), resulting in 2 billion, take that an divide it by 45 million (90 million Japanese between ages of 15-75, takes two people to have sex, so 90 million divided by two) and you will get 44-56 instances of sex per year. Apply same math to prostitution (per hour cost of hookers in Japan is about $150) and you get about 4 instances. So love hotels and prostitution alone account for 48-60 instances of sex averaged out for all Japanese between the ages of 15-75. Even assuming love hotels and prostitution accounted for 1/3 of the sex happening in Japan, that would mean the average Japanese person is having sex 144-180 times per year which is far higher than Durex claims to be the case. This tells me there might be something off about Durex's study. I would not be surprised if Durex underestimated for other countries as well.

Considering that I added 15 year olds and 70 year olds to this, that doesn't seem low to me.

Perhaps the Japanese government being proactive about helping young people couple up is the reason why its not as bad as they say. As for the birth rate, in order to encourage births they need to do something about the space issue. Its very difficult to afford an apartment in Japanese cities with more than two bedrooms (or even more than 1) thus resulting in a situation where most families can only afford to have one child.
Ryuk9428Sep 21, 2019 4:41 PM
Sep 21, 2019 4:44 PM

Jan 2009
@Ryuk9428

ok but 75 billion yen or USD? because if its yen thats just 700 million USD and i do think that is small heck even smaller than what the anime industry profit have that is 19 billion USD
Sep 21, 2019 4:47 PM

Mar 2019
heg said:
@Ryuk9428

ok but 75 billion yen or USD? because if its yen thats just 700 million USD and i do think that is small heck even smaller than what the anime industry profit have that is 19 billion USD

Its USD...

In yen, it would be about 7.5-8 trillion.
Sep 21, 2019 4:55 PM

Mar 2008
heg said:
@traed

we males are usually more bigger/heavy too so as they say the bigger they are the harder when they fall lol

Males under 50 are more at risk of hypertension than females under 50. Over 50 this reverses. High blood pressure may be a factor in increase of deaths as well.
Sep 21, 2019 8:29 PM

Jul 2015
“Men get depression

Men get anxiety

Men get suicidal thoughts

Men get mental illness

Maybe instead of saying “man up”

Say

“Hey man is that your giant hog I see peeking through those pants? You look very handsome and cool by the way””

-maya angelou
Sep 21, 2019 11:08 PM

Mar 2012
Its a problem if you empathize with it. Suicide victims, which are mostly men, are just water under the bridge to everybody else.
Sep 22, 2019 1:17 PM

Dec 2016
Ryuk9428 said:
Soverign said:
@incisorr
Dude... hypergamy is color blind. What incels and white nationalists fail to realise is something MGTOW figured out a long time ago. NAWALT (yes they are, your Japanese girl example is an appeal to white men and you even made the classic incel mistake of saying her husband is soooooo lucky, not she is lucky).

Male and female hypergamy is different. Women always attempt to date up the social ladder snagging a charming rich doctor or prince or what have you. Men always try to date a female that is more attractive a supermodel or what have you. The problem is, white women have been so over valued and classed their value so high as literally only a Emperor is worthy of a four or five. An eight or nine? Is she going to marry Jesus because literally only mythological figures are in their range at this point, which is where the unhappiness thing and not being able to find a 'good'man comes from.

I don't really agree with NAWALT or the idea that women trying to date richer men is a problem. I see women's relation to money as similar to guys relation to looks. In strip clubs, you'll notice that men and women almost completely reverse courtship roles. You mentioned that guys will always want a hotter girl if they can get one so I don't hold it against girls for wanting a richer husband if they can get one. The main problem comes from women wanting a man to have everything. Money, confident, handsome, and also a nice guy. Having all four is just too difficult to pull off especially since nice and confident are often at odds with one another.

There is no way that incels or MGTOW would have any problem with my mother. She's an incredibly sweet and motherly person, she believes in traditional values, thinks girls should date nice guys, she always told me she wants my dad to feel like he's come home to a warm stress free environment when he gets back. My parents have an incredibly healthy marriage. The kind of marriage some people consider mythological these days. My parents never fight, their love is really obvious to anyone who has met them. I have no doubts in my mind they'll be married until death and neither of them will ever cheat on each other.

I have met other women who seem to sympathize with men's struggles and resist feminism's oppression narrative. Today's issues have much more to do with socialization and the oppression narrative than it does with women's biology. Even the whole "girls like bad boys" thing isn't quite as prevalent as I once thought as there are quite a few girls that prefer romantic gentleman types who make them feel special.

Um, okay. You don't agree with NAWALT or that it is a general rule of thumb for which obviously some exceptions will exist to greater or lesser degree. Humans are complex, but they still start from a base or fundamental level. Besides, that is what I wrote. Places like Alaska which has a higher percentage of males to females means the female can be as choosey as she wishes with little repercussions.
There are however other factors such as 'hitting the wall' and what not. Obviously, no matter the mental gymnastics employed, a thirty something with children by two different Fathers relationship 'value' is significantly depreciated. A fifty year old divorcee? Be for real, better buy some cats or something. I can't help but think of those cougars dressing like their teenage daughters and laugh.
Male and female starting value is also different, and this is the part that ties into this male suicide thread. A beautiful female reaches her peak around what sixteen to thirty? Longer if she avoids drugs an stuff or just has good genetics. If she does not find a nice man by them well good luck, she is going to need it. But hey people win the lottery, it happens. A guy lacks resources, maturity and experience it is also not quite as likely he will be born simply gorgeous. The way western laws are set up a young lady can have sex/relationships with only males around her age until she reaches the age of majority, then she can have sex/relationships with any age (which is generally frowned upon by older females since the younger and fertile female is poaching her hunting grounds)... wow I am writing a lot for this nonsense, the simple thing is, don't cut yourself down before you even reach your prime. Well even your and incisorr's post even point out the different reasons for male suicide a young adult male for lack of female company and an older male for losing everything and basing his entire life/identity around a family and marriage and losing it all. You should definitely take off the rose tinted glasses and educate yourself on divorce and how to protect yourself.
Sep 22, 2019 2:18 PM
Aug 2016
I'm a male.
I thought of suicide multiple times.
I watched a bunch of suicide videos.
I listened to a bunch of suicide songs.
I almost had some suicide attempts.

Should I be concerned?

Sep 22, 2019 2:34 PM

Mar 2019
Soverign said:
Ryuk9428 said:

Um, okay. You don't agree with NAWALT or that it is a general rule of thumb for which obviously some exceptions will exist to greater or lesser degree. Humans are complex, but they still start from a base or fundamental level. Besides, that is what I wrote. Places like Alaska which has a higher percentage of males to females means the female can be as choosey as she wishes with little repercussions.
There are however other factors such as 'hitting the wall' and what not. Obviously, no matter the mental gymnastics employed, a thirty something with children by two different Fathers relationship 'value' is significantly depreciated. A fifty year old divorcee? Be for real, better buy some cats or something. I can't help but think of those cougars dressing like their teenage daughters and laugh.
Male and female starting value is also different, and this is the part that ties into this male suicide thread. A beautiful female reaches her peak around what sixteen to thirty? Longer if she avoids drugs an stuff or just has good genetics. If she does not find a nice man by them well good luck, she is going to need it. But hey people win the lottery, it happens. A guy lacks resources, maturity and experience it is also not quite as likely he will be born simply gorgeous. The way western laws are set up a young lady can have sex/relationships with only males around her age until she reaches the age of majority, then she can have sex/relationships with any age (which is generally frowned upon by older females since the younger and fertile female is poaching her hunting grounds)... wow I am writing a lot for this nonsense, the simple thing is, don't cut yourself down before you even reach your prime. Well even your and incisorr's post even point out the different reasons for male suicide a young adult male for lack of female company and an older male for losing everything and basing his entire life/identity around a family and marriage and losing it all. You should definitely take off the rose tinted glasses and educate yourself on divorce and how to protect yourself.

Oh I know how divorce can fuck you over and I don't like it. But I don't really have a choice. A MGTOW life for me is a failed one, a life without a wife and a family is a failed one. Its my biggest goal in life, I can do everything I can to reduce the risk of divorce fucking up my life but I am not just gonna dip on marriage altogether.
Sep 23, 2019 4:51 AM

Aug 2014
Thread locked for breaking CD rule 7.

The thread devolved into race/gender baiting and a whole lot of arguing. It's a controversial topic and breaks rule 7.

Casual Discussion Rules:
7. Controversial/sensitive topics liable to incite rule violations (trolling, flaming, abuse) are no longer allowed. Please use the Current Events board for new developments in these topics, and follow the board rules there. This includes, but is not limited to, topics which:
    a. aim to profile/stereotype, or question the legitimacy of, people based on their gender, sexual orientation, race, xenophobia, religion, etc.
    b. discuss highly-debated social issues; e.g. abortion, sexual assault, immigration, etc.
    c. focus on political ideologies and events; e.g. Nazism, fascism, world leaders, controversial laws/lobbies, etc.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» How do you process death?

Lightskynight - Apr 14

16 by Lightskynight »»
5 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

637 by Hitagi__Furude »»
14 minutes ago

» Akira Toriyama or Hayao Miyazaki

AlphaMaleScotty - Apr 14

11 by Dumb »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » representation or relatability ?

soniyay - Apr 14

30 by Kamikaze_404 »»
16 minutes ago

» How much of the world is autistic

LenRea - Apr 4

49 by Sad »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.