Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 21, 2019 5:34 AM

Oct 2010
And how? Well, no one is talking shit about Marlene, that's for sure. It may seem meaningless arguing about your fav anime character but anime is serious business and if some guy is lying like a dog about your waifu why not write your thoughts about it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 21, 2019 5:37 AM
Jul 2018
I try to explain others why they are my favorites, but hell no, I won't go on a rampage.
Sep 21, 2019 5:42 AM

Mar 2012
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1151483&show=250
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1151483&show=200

Just a little kind of "discussion" that I have with some idiot.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Sep 21, 2019 5:43 AM

Oct 2018
hmm not at all...like what user above said, I will tell my reason but I won't waste my time to argue with something stupid.
Sep 21, 2019 5:44 AM

May 2018
Someone talk bad about my waifu?

Sep 21, 2019 5:48 AM

Dec 2015
How am I gonna be a fedora tipping "sir" without defending the honor of m'lady.
Sep 21, 2019 6:02 AM
Dec 2018
Nope, And Probably never.
I do explain why i liked them though.
Sep 21, 2019 6:19 AM

Oct 2008
I have a waifu, mistress and a crush, not to mention characters that used to be those things. I have essentially a harem and I still haven't had the opportunity to defend each of them.
Sep 21, 2019 6:37 AM

Jul 2013
I don't defend her against those who dislike her, because it is useless to try to reason with someone with shit taste.

Maneki-Mew said:
Who, Lenalee? Who would hate Lenalee? There is nothing to discuss anymore then.
Exactly what you said. Couldn't said it better myself.
IllyricusSep 21, 2019 8:50 AM
Sep 21, 2019 6:41 AM

Jun 2017
Nah, I only protect my waifu
that's the most useless discussions you can have
Sep 21, 2019 6:50 AM

Mar 2016
People wont talking shit to my waifu because they're not know who she is.
That's why having waifu from any unpopular anime really nice

Looking at you Amami Hibiki <3

Sep 21, 2019 6:51 AM

Jun 2016
When they have illogical/unreasonable arguments as to why my waifu or husbando is shit then i sometimes do 'defend' them, but if not that then i don't think i would since everyone likes and dislikes different things.
Sep 21, 2019 6:53 AM

Oct 2010
Rio_ said:
People wont talking shit to my waifu because they're not know who she is.
That's why having waifu from any unpopular anime really nice

Looking at you Amami Hibiki <3

That's a top tier girl you have there, I like her lesbian gyaru friend more though.
Sep 21, 2019 7:00 AM

Feb 2019
I don't, because it doesn't matter what the rest of the world thinks. All that matters is that I love her.
When you stand at the cliff's edge, staring into the darkness below, the most horrifying realization is not that you might slip, but that you could leap.
Sep 21, 2019 7:09 AM

Oct 2018
Obviously. Queen Tohsaka needs her servants to defend her thighs. Who wouldn't actually kill someone who doesn't show respect towards those thighs?
Sep 21, 2019 7:09 AM
Mar 2018
Ahh well, if they'd lie Im not gonna stop, but ig that applies to everything not just waifus in my case, you talk shit about my fav anime, I dont care, but dont deceieve others by saying retarded shit like 'Steins;Gate is a harem and if you love harem then watch it'
Sep 21, 2019 7:20 AM

Apr 2017
I won't go full scale assault on whoever might talk negatively about my waifu. Nonetheless I will have my opinion and reasons why I think she is great known. If I think that their arguments hold no water I might also ask them not to trashtalk her like that when I'm around to which they may or may not comply. If they hold water then it's just down to opinions and they can say and think what they want.

Art by ギャット GFX by aryandil
Sep 21, 2019 7:32 AM

Nov 2013
Not really since taste in waifus is purely subjective and we would just be arguing over preferences. I'll state why I like them maybe if the person is trying to have a discussion about it.
Sep 21, 2019 7:58 AM

Nov 2017
Yeah, it's all in good fun though lol
Sep 21, 2019 8:00 AM
Jul 2018
Illyricus said:
I don't defend her against those who dislike her, because it is useless to try to reason with someone with shit taste.

Who, Lenalee? Who would hate Lenalee? There is nothing to discuss anymore then.
Sep 21, 2019 8:22 AM

Nov 2017
Not really. No because it's useless and waste of my time.
Sep 21, 2019 8:24 AM

Feb 2015
I'll fite anyone who insults my waifu irl.
Sep 21, 2019 8:25 AM

Dec 2014
I buried some corpses in my garden... planted a bunch of trees over them to make a forest... nothing special... but shhhhhhhh... This is our secret.
Sep 21, 2019 8:58 AM

Feb 2019
Of course, I have vowed to protect her.
Sep 21, 2019 9:02 AM

Jun 2019
Nobody is shit talking Hisoka in this house

Sep 21, 2019 9:06 AM
Jul 2018
If you talk shit about Vash, I will throw you in the trash.
Sep 21, 2019 5:36 PM

Sep 2019
I can get massively defensive of my OCs. I don't see them as waifu, though, but as "channeling partners" from a parallel reality.
Sep 21, 2019 7:29 PM

Oct 2017
Hmm I'm not about "defend" and I don't really have set waifus. I'm a huge fan of Fate/stay Night's Saber though and I have been known to go on rants about how people misunderstand her character because they haven't played the VN, and particularly thanks to Fate/Zero's reduction of her character.

People think she has this one side to her personality that is a "muh strong woman" stereotype. And they think the complexity in her character comes from her struggles coping with her percieved failings as a leader in her life before becoming a heroic spirit.

But no anime adaptation has really got in to the real Saber underneath the strong, noble leader - the girl who didn't know love, who had to hide away the feminine side of her in order to maintain her position in life.

Worse, in the various anime she is sometimes shown as kind of cocky, like she has an attitude, when she is supposed to be extremely humble and composed - to a fault, even.

And then there's how Fate/Zero completely ignored her femininity. Putting her in a goddamn pants suit for the whole thing. Because of that betrayal of heard people refer to her as masculine and even "gender-bending". One of the key things about Saber is her beauty. In the VN she is supposed to possess unmatched beauty. it's commented on many times that she possesses a serene, rare, pristine, noble beauty.
YossaRedMageSep 21, 2019 7:33 PM
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Sep 21, 2019 7:32 PM
Jul 2018
I live by a code:
"Live by the waifu, die by the waifu"
Except I still don't have a proper waifu

YossaRedMage said:
Hmm I'm not about "defend" and I don't really have set waifus. I'm a huge fan of Fate/stay Night's Saber though and I have been known to go on rants about how people misunderstand her character because they haven't played the VN, and particularly thanks to Fate/Zero's reduction of her character.

If an anime is written in a specific way, then it's meant to be interpreted that way. I feel like the logic is a form of self-denial: if we apply it to a situation where an anime's ending is different from the light novel, then it would be denying that the anime ended the way it did.

kudo4869 said:
Obviously. Queen Tohsaka needs her servants to defend her thighs. Who wouldn't actually kill someone who doesn't show respect towards those thighs?

Rin's thighs are the most overrated thighs I've seen in anime. The best thighs are thicc. Rin's thighs =/= thicc. THIS is thicc:

THIS is NOT thicc:
removed-userSep 21, 2019 7:46 PM
Sep 21, 2019 8:02 PM

Oct 2017
@AbsurdistOtaku

People don't talk about Saber as though there is an "anime Saber" and a "VN Saber" though. And they shouldn't. There is only Saber. And when the adaptation doesn't present her character in the full detail that was found in the source, you have to expect people to complain and to be annoyed. And it's very reasonable for them to be. I've heard lots of complaints about how the movie of A Silent Voice skipped tons of stuff and presented things badly compared to the source. My response isn't to invalidate their opinion because to me there is only the movie version. No, I think it sucks that I got the reduced version. Sure, anime will often reduce things compared to the source. And it's always a bit of a bummer. But when a character is as fundamentally misrepresented as Saber was in the Fate anime adaptations, it should piss off people that haven't read the VN too.

As for your comment on Rin's thighs I tend to agree. She's cute as hell. Love me some Toesucker Rin. But her thighs are not godly. I got a Takarada Rikka figure through just yesterday. Now those are some top tier thighs.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Sep 21, 2019 8:16 PM
Jul 2018
YossaRedMage said:
People don't talk about Saber as though there is an "anime Saber" and a "VN Saber" though. And they shouldn't. There is only Saber.

Certain adaptations will portray a character differently in the source material. For example, in the Lighting Thief film, the protagonist Percy Jackson does not have the sarcastic humor that the character in the original book had. People who criticize the Percy Jackson portrayed in the film, fans like me of the original source material don't tell them, "No no no, you haven't read the book, therefore you can't criticize this Percy Jackson"; that is straw manning: misrepresenting the other person's viewpoint.

YossaRedMage said:
And when the adaptation doesn't present her character in the full detail that was found in the source, you have to expect people to complain and to be annoyed. And it's very reasonable for them to be. I've heard lots of complaints about how the movie of A Silent Voice skipped tons of stuff and presented things badly compared to the source. My response isn't to invalidate their opinion because to me there is only the movie version. No, I think it sucks that I got the reduced version. Sure, anime will often reduce things compared to the source. And it's always a bit of a bummer.

Agreed.

YossaRedMage said:
But when a character is as fundamentally misrepresented as Saber was in the Fate anime adaptations, it should piss off people that haven't read the VN too.

I don't see why I should be pissed off, when I can't, and am hardly willing, to read the visual novel.

YossaRedMage said:
As for your comment on Rin's thighs I tend to agree. She's cute as hell. Love me some Toesucker Rin. But her thighs are not godly. I got a Takarada Rikka figure through just yesterday. Now those are some top tier thighs.

I don't understand the meme around Rikka's thighs; because all waifus' thighs come in 2 categories: either they're thin like Rin, or thicc like Rikka. In other words, why did people start celebrating waifus' thighs when Rin and Rikka came around?
Sep 21, 2019 9:06 PM

Oct 2010
@AbsurdistOtaku thighs don't really need to be thick to be hot, and Rin's thighs are great, I think Rikka is too inflated. I love my thighs normal sized, they give a teenager view and not a house wife view, look at this
Sep 21, 2019 11:15 PM

Oct 2018
Rin's thighs are the most overrated thighs I've seen in anime. The best thighs are thicc. Rin's thighs =/= thicc. THIS is thicc:

THIS is NOT thicc:

But I didn't mention they were the THICCest or that they were even thicc. But they are the best quality thighs, that's for sure ;)

Sep 21, 2019 11:49 PM
Oct 2018
No. I haven't reached that point of degeneracy. Perhaps soon...
--
Sep 21, 2019 11:58 PM

Jan 2010
Catalano said:
And how? Well, no one is talking shit about Marlene, that's for sure. It may seem meaningless arguing about your fav anime character but anime is serious business and if some guy is lying like a dog about your waifu why not write your thoughts about it.

No, I don't care about the opinion of extras. They can bash, insult, scream, trash talk, lie about my husbando. All they did is wasting away their energy without changing a single shit about my husbando. I'd still love them fully, and they'd still as popular as ever.
Sep 22, 2019 12:00 AM

Oct 2017
No?
Why i should "defend" a cartoon that isn't even my creation?

Sep 22, 2019 4:31 AM

Jun 2015
My waifu is a tank. I dont need to defend her, she defends me.
Sep 22, 2019 5:44 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
I don’t have a waifu/husbando, but there’s no need for me to defend Lockon since he’s likeable to the point that he has very few haters.
Sep 22, 2019 6:49 AM

Oct 2017
Catalano said:
@AbsurdistOtaku thighs don't really need to be thick to be hot, and Rin's thighs are great, I think Rikka is too inflated. I love my thighs normal sized, they give a teenager view and not a house wife view, look at this

I can sympathize with your reasoning there. Same reason I prefer smaller breasts. But I'm a "cute little girl above the waist, all woman below the waist" kind of person. Rikka fits that perfectly for me. Though if I were to rank her and Rin, it would be close due to my love for Fate.

[EDIT: That said, there is definitely a point at which the thighs and butt get too big and it's just gross which is how most Rikka fan art is, unfortunately. Rikka in the show merely has thicker thighs than most anime girls, but I don't think her thighs / butt bring her to that point where it's no longer a teen body, but a housewife type thing.]
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Sep 22, 2019 7:05 AM

Oct 2017
AbsurdistOtaku said:
Certain adaptations will portray a character differently in the source material. For example, in the Lighting Thief film, the protagonist Percy Jackson does not have the sarcastic humor that the character in the original book had. People who criticize the Percy Jackson portrayed in the film, fans like me of the original source material don't tell them, "No no no, you haven't read the book, therefore you can't criticize this Percy Jackson"; that is straw manning: misrepresenting the other person's viewpoint.

I do love some delicous irony. You're the one strawmanning me here. I never said people can't criticize - or have any opinion on - Saber's character as represented in the adaptations. I'm merely saying her character had more depth and other sides to her which aren't shown in the adaptations so such an opinion of her isn't fully true to the original character in the source. Again, because you quoted this but ignored it in your response, there is only Saber. People don't differentiate. I have never, outside of my own conversations with people on this subject, heard someone refer to the "source Saber" and the "adaptation Saber". And that's how it should be. People who have only watched the adaptations have not just an incomplete idea of how her character was meant to be, as written by the author of the source(!), but an actually skewed one. They reduced her in many ways to a generic Strong Female Character(TM) trope.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Sep 22, 2019 7:26 AM
Jul 2018
YossaRedMage said:
I have been known to go on rants about how people misunderstand her character because they haven't played the VN, and particularly thanks to Fate/Zero's reduction of her character.

Maybe I misunderstood, but this part of your post led me to believe that you're saying that people somehow "misunderstood" Saber's character, even though they didn't: what was portrayed in the anime, is in the anime. I wouldn't tell someone who watched the Lighting Thief movie, "You misunderstood Percy's character" because they didn't; what they got from the film, stays in the film. However, I would recommend them to read the books to see a more entertaining Percy.
Why should it matter to me whether other people don't see "visual novel Saber" vs "anime Saber"? It doesn't change the fact that, as you said, the anime portrays Saber's character a little differently than in the VN.
Sep 22, 2019 8:23 AM

Nov 2016
It depends I mean everyone has the privilege to be born with immaculate taste

Though I won't tolerate stupid talk like she is bland/boring or doesn't bring anything to the story

Pretty much the same for anything I'm passionate about
JoyBoy_316Sep 22, 2019 8:30 AM
Sep 22, 2019 8:28 AM

Jan 2009
i want to because it gets me angry at times but usually i do stop myself and tell my mind she is fine in isekai or another timeline lol
Sep 22, 2019 1:06 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Shicchi said:
Catalano said:

No, I don't care about the opinion of extras. They can bash, insult, scream, trash talk, lie about my husbando. All they did is wasting away their energy without changing a single shit about my husbando. I'd still love them fully, and they'd still as popular as ever.

I know that you don't care about what I have to say but he has lots of haters, just look at the anti bakugou tag on tumblr. Also, there's a hate club for katsushit on MAL. Hell, even tv tropes list him as a polarizing character.

Fuck bakugou and anybody who likes him. Also, Accelerator and Yzak Joule are far better written than this spoiled, hateful, and rabid neanderthal.
LeonhartAugustSep 22, 2019 1:18 PM
Sep 22, 2019 1:07 PM

Jun 2019
Yes and i fuck yours as well. Just sayin'
Sep 22, 2019 1:13 PM

Feb 2019
I don't defend my waifu's, because I don't have any.
Sep 22, 2019 1:21 PM
Jul 2018
NotFred said:
I don't defend my waifu's, because I don't have any.

What about your husbando? husbando?
Sep 22, 2019 1:23 PM

Feb 2018
I don't give a shit tbh, they can say wtv they want

Sep 22, 2019 1:30 PM

May 2018
All that waifu cancer itself is meaningless and pathetic. Miserable waifu-fags are spanish shame of anime community

Sep 22, 2019 1:33 PM
Jul 2018
>Taking this waifu/husbando bsttery seriously.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» The most beautiful series in visual/artistic aspect? Share your opinion :)

windyshadow - 10 hours ago

26 by Horizon248 »»
2 minutes ago

» Anime Time Capsule

eli_shmeli - 5 hours ago

12 by mo_lave »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Which season of Mob Psycho 100 do you guys prefer?

MillerEvans23 - 2 hours ago

6 by Nemo_Niemand »»
4 minutes ago

» Blackmail netorare hentais are really dumb

Kingdom-ya - Yesterday

14 by LordNTR »»
5 minutes ago

» Do you like when anime acknowledges the presence of the camera or screen?

WatchTillTandava - 5 hours ago

11 by mo_lave »»
6 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.