Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 21, 2019 9:25 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011

I really loved that first season <3
Gonna hype the wait till then.... cause what else to do.... unless...
> read the manga
Naaah

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 21, 2019 10:45 AM

Oct 2013
Yeah, the wait will be painful. Luckily, I have a couple of anime premieres lined up before 2019 ends (I know it's a totally different thing, but I'm so hyped for Blade of the Immortal!), so it won't be that painful for me.

Why not read the manga, though? It's great. :)
Sep 21, 2019 12:25 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Airsaber said:
Why not read the manga, though? It's great. :)

Ah cause I don't want to get spoiled. I know it won't be the same knowing what will happen than watching it all fresh =D

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Sep 21, 2019 1:19 PM

Oct 2013
SheyCroix said:
Ah cause I don't want to get spoiled. I know it won't be the same knowing what will happen than watching it all fresh =D

Haha, I guess I'm the best position - I read the manga a long time ago, and I remember the general outline of the plot, but I also forgot enough to get surprised here and there.
Sep 21, 2019 1:30 PM

May 2018
When do you think it will air in 2020?
Summer? Fall? Winter? Spring?
Sep 21, 2019 5:26 PM

Oct 2017
Rider9530 said:

I think it'll air the same time the first season aired. So spring season I think.

Sep 21, 2019 10:27 PM
Aug 2018
I'm glad that they're doing a full adaptation this time around, I think season 2 will air in spring since season 3 is also planned so there won't be too much gap between seasons
Sep 22, 2019 12:40 AM
Nov 2016
Did they really need another season isnt the story ever, damn dude
Sep 22, 2019 12:41 AM

Sep 2015
Hikki_a1 said:
Rider9530 said:

I think it'll air the same time the first season aired. So spring season I think.

This is my thought too. It would make sense, this season started in the Spring, so next Spring season 2 & hopefully Spring 2021 season 3 will air. All with 25 episodes would be my wish.
Sep 22, 2019 2:07 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Can’t wait for this!

I hope they take their time to provide us with another great season, so I’ll be hoping to see this air sometime in Spring/Summer 2020.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 22, 2019 2:13 AM

Mar 2018
Kisa1208 said:
Hikki_a1 said:

This is my thought too. It would make sense, this season started in the Spring, so next Spring season 2 & hopefully Spring 2021 season 3 will air. All with 25 episodes would be my wish.

It'll have 63 episodes, according to English dub VA, so 25+25+13.
Sep 22, 2019 2:31 AM
Dec 2018
I'm really happy and thrilled this series gets a good adaptation, waited so long for this and it filled me with happiness watching the first season. I have the entire collection of the manga, old and new versions, the original DVD boxset.. the original clay figures. Oooh i do hope a figure company makes some fantastic figures of these characters, that's my final wish from Fruits Basket *-*
Sep 22, 2019 3:21 AM
Oct 2018
Emanharlem55 said:

Season 1 was just a prologue the real story starts now.
Sep 22, 2019 3:22 AM
Oct 2018
Rider9530 said:

I'm guessing maybe summer? Because the next arc is really huge on summer, beaches and stuff. Or maybe they can start with spring again.
Sep 22, 2019 3:25 AM

Sep 2017
Come on. I hoped that season 2 would start immediately.
Guess I have to wait.
Still!!!

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Sep 22, 2019 3:39 AM
May 2019
TamyOcom said:
I'm glad that they're doing a full adaptation this time around, I think season 2 will air in spring since season 3 is also planned so there won't be too much gap between seasons
Will it really have a season 3??
Sep 22, 2019 5:56 AM
Aug 2018
Truffle_Butters said:
TamyOcom said:
yep they said it'd be of total 63 episodes 25 in season 1,2 and 13 in 3
Sep 22, 2019 6:25 AM
May 2019
TamyOcom said:
Truffle_Butters said:
yep they said it'd be of total 63 episodes 25 in season 1,2 and 13 in 3
Oh wow so that means this will be a FULL adaptation of the manga??? What a rarity. Sure wish all the animes i like will be like this instead of adapting a few chapters or volumes from its original source.
Sep 22, 2019 6:29 AM

Aug 2015
fiza_imran said:
Emanharlem55 said:

Season 1 was just a prologue the real story starts now.

I knew this was mostly an introduction yet I loved it so much I gave it a 9. I'm ready for season 2 to make it one of my all-time favourite shows honestly. And when the anime is finished I'll head straight for the manga, followed by Another (I heard it's not as good but I just get way too immersed in fandoms to not read it).

Avatar and signature picture made by aryandil.
Sep 22, 2019 6:41 AM

Jan 2016
why Fruit Basket not make it a one season with a long episode?
Sep 22, 2019 6:56 AM

Jan 2016
Honestly, if a show is confirmed for next year, that's a perfectly reasonable wait. Chihayafuru is getting a third season after 6 years this fall. Attack on Titan season 2 took 4 years to come out. Rebuild of Evangelion is getting the 4th movie after 8 years. I can wait one year, especially if it's confirmed for that year.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Sep 22, 2019 7:20 AM

May 2018
ivialvamart said:

Budget? quality? hype building every season? there is many advantages to do it in seasons and not as a continuous series.
Sep 22, 2019 7:47 AM
Dec 2012
The wait is nothing. We waited 18+ years then for this series to become fully adapted.
Sep 22, 2019 8:32 AM

May 2016
One of the benefits of having a watch-list that I'll never get through. Just keep watching anime until the next season airs, as I'll probably have forgotten about it by then, so it'll be a nice surprise.
Sep 22, 2019 9:32 AM

Sep 2015
Nefregar said:
Kisa1208 said:

That’s been retracted by Yuki VA, saying he just came up with that number. & that’s what I’m going with because 63 episodes makes no sense to me. I’m sorry in advance if this sounds ranty, it’s not really directed specifically at you. You’re just the one who commented on my post.

Here’s why I think 63 episodes in not enough, especially based on season 1’s pacing.

There are a 136 chapters, so if there were 2 chapters per episode that would be at least 68 episodes. & they haven’t even done 2 per episode in every episode so far. There’s 6 episodes that only cover 1 chapter, 2 that covered 1.5, & 17 that covered 2 chapters. So that’s only 43 chapters. 1-45 (minus 36, 43, & 43) plus chapter 51.

136/3 would be 45 + 1 left over. So for 3 seasons ideally there would be 45-46 chapters per season. Now this season isn’t quite at that mark, but it had a lot more chapters that were a bit more stand aloneish. For example, the New Years episode. In the manga it’s sandwiched between the events of the Hatori episode, so it could have been added with that, it would have spread those events into 2 episode, instead of getting closer for his story in the same episode. Which would have been fine, but still would have put 3 chapters into 2 episodes, which is what they did anyways.

So to sum everything up & get to my point, we have 93 chapters remaining over 2 seasons, which is 46.5 chapters per season, give or take, which I don’t see being able to fit into 13 episodes. Now they could try to push a lot more chapters into season 2’s 25 episodes, but based on this seasons pacing, I don’t see that happening.

Until I hear official news from Japan, I’m holding onto my hope that we can have 25 episodes for all 3 seasons.
Sep 22, 2019 9:56 AM

Sep 2015
Emanharlem55 said:

The story hasn't even started yet lol

“Now I have neither happiness nor unhappiness.

Everything passes.

That is the one and only thing that I have thought resembled a truth in the society of human beings where I have dwelled up to now as in a burning hell.

Everything passes.”
― Osamu Dazai, No Longer Human
Sep 22, 2019 10:03 AM
Nov 2016
Shiyuru99 said:
Emanharlem55 said:

The story hasn't even started yet lol

welp thx I guess im done im out, i hope you enjoy the story at least
Sep 22, 2019 10:24 AM

Sep 2015
Trust me, as a manga reader, you still haven't seen anything. This was just the introduction, now begins the real story. And trust me, it will be beatiful, dark and worth it

“Now I have neither happiness nor unhappiness.

Everything passes.

That is the one and only thing that I have thought resembled a truth in the society of human beings where I have dwelled up to now as in a burning hell.

Everything passes.”
― Osamu Dazai, No Longer Human
Sep 22, 2019 12:19 PM

Mar 2018
I'm hyped for season 2. I need to finish the manga while I wait for season 2.
Sep 22, 2019 12:42 PM

Mar 2018
Kisa1208 said:
Nefregar said:

That’s been retracted by Yuki VA, saying he just came up with that number. & that’s what I’m going with because 63 episodes makes no sense to me. I’m sorry in advance if this sounds ranty, it’s not really directed specifically at you. You’re just the one who commented on my post.

Here’s why I think 63 episodes in not enough, especially based on season 1’s pacing.

There are a 136 chapters, so if there were 2 chapters per episode that would be at least 68 episodes. & they haven’t even done 2 per episode in every episode so far. There’s 6 episodes that only cover 1 chapter, 2 that covered 1.5, & 17 that covered 2 chapters. So that’s only 43 chapters. 1-45 (minus 36, 43, & 43) plus chapter 51.

136/3 would be 45 + 1 left over. So for 3 seasons ideally there would be 45-46 chapters per season. Now this season isn’t quite at that mark, but it had a lot more chapters that were a bit more stand aloneish. For example, the New Years episode. In the manga it’s sandwiched between the events of the Hatori episode, so it could have been added with that, it would have spread those events into 2 episode, instead of getting closer for his story in the same episode. Which would have been fine, but still would have put 3 chapters into 2 episodes, which is what they did anyways.

So to sum everything up & get to my point, we have 93 chapters remaining over 2 seasons, which is 46.5 chapters per season, give or take, which I don’t see being able to fit into 13 episodes. Now they could try to push a lot more chapters into season 2’s 25 episodes, but based on this seasons pacing, I don’t see that happening.

Until I hear official news from Japan, I’m holding onto my hope that we can have 25 episodes for all 3 seasons.

Not a problem. I was just presenting the rumour that I heard, so it's not like I'm gonna defend it to the death :v

Anyway, thanks for the in-depth analysis. If it indeed will have three 2-cour seasons that's even better for the adaptation and completely fine by me.
Sep 22, 2019 12:47 PM

Sep 2015
Nefregar said:
Kisa1208 said:

Not a problem. I was just presenting the rumour that I heard, so it's not like I'm gonna defend it to the death :v

Anyway, thanks for the in-depth analysis. If it indeed will have three 2-cour seasons that's even better for the adaptation and completely fine by me.

Thank you for not taking it as an attack or anything. It was more of something that I just need to get out, & it all came out here. Haha.

Plus, I like things that have a pattern, so 3 seasons all with the same # of episodes, & possibly all starting in the Spring would make my patterned brain happy.
Sep 22, 2019 1:30 PM

Apr 2016
Can't wait! I need more Hatori!
Sep 22, 2019 5:15 PM

Oct 2012
i cant wait :D

every episode moved me emotionally
Sep 23, 2019 6:18 AM

Jun 2016
I'm so hyped I can't wait. Every episode was just beautiful, how much it dived into the character's problems individually, the atmosphere, the preparation everything was super good. I got emotional on every episode seriously.
Sep 23, 2019 7:01 AM

Oct 2011
I'm glad it will come next year
there's a lot of animes that take forever to have a new season ^^'
Sep 23, 2019 2:13 PM

May 2014
Shiyuru99 said:
Trust me, as a manga reader, you still haven't seen anything. This was just the introduction, now begins the real story. And trust me, it will be beatiful, dark and worth it

Honestly! I'm so excited to see the faithful adaption. After the Kyo arc (and some other character introductions) that's where it gets really good. I remember reading it and being very surprised at the amount of dark tones the manga carried
Oscar and Andre deserved better
Sep 27, 2019 1:50 PM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Emanharlem55 said:

No there is a lot more in the manga to go, this was like... An introduction? lol

Sep 27, 2019 1:55 PM

Nov 2013
There will have to be another season after that too for a complete adaptation, might as well get used to waiting.
Oct 2, 2019 4:12 PM

May 2018
just as im starting to get really invested into the characters and story ughhhhhhh
I dont know if I can wait for season 2 but I kinda dont like reading manga TwT
Oct 6, 2019 5:24 PM
Jan 2016
ivialvamart said:

Various reasons why not making it into 1 season

1) Budget: you got to recoup costs and time management

2) Lack of animators... to make the quality consistent throughout the board

3) Simply seasonal anime has become the norm, Japan, in general, hasn't really adopted the Netflix approach more so viewership ( for standard TV).

4) Overworking: simply if asking ur VA to do 63 episode worth of VA in one cour it is brutal. Usually, VA has really strict time schedule has a lot of the more veteran actors doing multiple series at once. So availability is hard to find.

5) Online Discussing and Profit: Usually you don't really talk about a series that u binge, however, if it comes to week by week standards they much more discussion online.

6) The type of storytelling: So far ( idk about the manga in future) each episode usually has a natural conclusion. It would be jarring in terms of pacing

Anyways hope this helps

Oct 19, 2019 4:06 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Oct 19, 2019 10:48 AM

Nov 2007
If Season 1 wasn't bad enough for my heart I don't think I will be able to take Season 2 knowing what happens in the manga T_T. Bring me the feels. #TeamKyouRu.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 20, 2019 6:06 AM

Nov 2007

Not that much was there but here's the official translation from FUNi.

They have not confirmed January yet. But it would be really nice if that is the case. Then we will surely get Furuba Final Season in Fall 2020 (Oct'20) and it will melt the anime community (because of the beautiful story that touched the hearts of million in Japan back when it ended its serialization.)

If you hated Season 1 for it toying with your heart
you will come to hate Season 2 even more. You have been warned.

#TeamKyouRu
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 20, 2019 12:43 PM
Mar 2010
With so much footage already revealed, we will get Season 2 most likely in January or February. I loved the adaptation so far, people found some decisions questionable, but I personally found the pacing perfect, plus we are getting more or less each chapter adapted, even the bonus ones, which is great. True, the animation is not the best, but the writing was wonderful, and story and characters were wonderfully adapted.
Nov 13, 2019 4:13 PM

Nov 2018
THIS Is the first anime I have on my "2020 Anime List" to watch
Nov 22, 2019 6:46 AM

Apr 2018
I am pretty excited for this season becuz my friend told me s1 is just the introducion and the story is gonna be much dark in s2
Jan 4, 2020 10:02 AM
Nov 2019
REALLY LOOKING FORWARD FOR IT. For me i really liked the first seasons so immediately after the first season i went to google to search for the second season, well i was relieved knowing that there is upcoming SEASONS 2 YATAAAAA!!!! REALLY EXCITED YAHOOO!!!!
Jan 7, 2020 8:57 PM

Apr 2019
Can't wait for this season to drop. Im assuming this will be the finale as well.

Jan 7, 2020 9:08 PM

Apr 2019
Can't wait for Season 2. The first season was breathtaking!
Jan 14, 2020 1:39 PM

Jun 2019
LeLouch_Reborn said:
Can't wait for this season to drop. Im assuming this will be the finale as well.

I'm pretty sure there was projected to be three seasons - two full-length (the first and this second one) and another half-length.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 17, 2020

74 by anijumper44 »»
Apr 3, 4:41 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2020

239 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 25, 12:12 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2020

141 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 24, 10:27 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Aug 3, 2020

161 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 24, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jul 27, 2020

90 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 24, 8:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.