Forum Settings
Forums

'22/7' TV Anime Announces Production Staff

New
Sep 20, 2019 1:47 PM

Mar 2013
The official website of the television anime based on the 22/7 idol group revealed staff members, the first promotional video and key visual (pictured) on Friday. The anime series will air in January 2020.

Staff
Director: Takao Abo (Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari)
Assistant Director: Satsuki Takahashi (Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii assistant director of photography)
Series Composition: Chiaki Nagai (Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Legend Star script), Reiji Miyajima (AKB49: Renai Kinshi Jourei manga author)
Chief Animation Director: Majiro (Barakamon), Satomi Tamura (Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai), Akira Takata (Durarara!!)
Character Design: Majiro
Prop Design: Mayuko Yamamoto (Colorful Ninja Iromaki key animation)
Art Director: Hotaka Okamoto (Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu)
Color design: Naomi Nakano (Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara)
CG Director: Hiroyuki Yoshino
Sound Director: Akiko Fujita (The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls)
Studio: A-1 Pictures

PV

Note: The video is region-locked; click here for an alternative link.

22/7 is a virtual idol group created in 2017 by AKB48 and Nogizaka46 producer Yasushi Akimoto. The group has four animated music videos—Boku wa Sonzai Shiteinakatta, Shampoo no Nioi ga Shita, Rikaisha, and Nani mo Shite Agerarenai.

Source: Comic Natalie
Sakana-sanSep 20, 2019 1:54 PM
Sep 20, 2019 1:53 PM

Apr 2012
The guys spend a huge amount of energy to advertise a project in the USA, but at the same time they make the first video region-locked. Why? Anyway, stuff aroused mixed feelings in me. On the one hand, I understand the participation of people from IMAS and Uta-Prince in the project, but on the other hand, it feels like it will not be an idol show, but a romantic school comedy with male MC.
Sep 20, 2019 3:57 PM

Apr 2008
Wasn't originally Horiguchi meant to be the animation director? I wonder what's the full story here. I mean I'm still going to watch it, but that's a shame.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this signature is unavailable in your region.
Sep 20, 2019 4:00 PM

Jan 2013
I've been waiting for this ever since I saw the black haired girl's character design a few years ago so this is fantastic news. Even better since it looks like she's gonna be the main character. PV looks great although I'm a bit iffy about her voice. Hopefully I'll get used to it or she'll sound better in the actual anime.
Sep 20, 2019 8:02 PM

Apr 2012
KuuhakuDesu said:
RobertBobert said:
The guys spend a huge amount of energy to advertise a project in the USA

Did they, though?

AFAIK, they only sent 3 members to Crunchyroll Expo recently and that's it.
The rest was just western fans helping themselves in their stuff, mostly memequeen Sally Amaki. Even the short anime Ano Hi no Kanojotachi wasn't fully released worldwide, the last episodes are still region-locked.

Nevertheless, Sally is quite famous among the American audience and the producers actively use this. They even sent out a special press release for American anime resources, where Sally announced her support for LGBTQ, lol.
Sep 20, 2019 8:35 PM

Feb 2013
KuuhakuDesu said:
RobertBobert said:

Nevertheless, Sally is quite famous among the American audience and the producers actively use this. They even sent out a special press release for American anime resources, where Sally announced her support for LGBTQ, lol.

It still doesn't seem like a big PR push for american or western fans.
I mean, they make use of Sally's popularity, but if anything, they're jst making her stand at a higher level than their own franchise

Oh well... I didn't really perceive a real effort for advertising in the west, but if there's any, then a region-locked PV is indeed a contraditory decision.

It hasn't. And about the block region, it's because that's how the rights are in Japan. They still released the most recent album on spotify and itunes so there they could do this.

RobertBobert said:
The guys spend a huge amount of energy to advertise a project in the USA, but at the same time they make the first video region-locked. Why? Anyway, stuff aroused mixed feelings in me. On the one hand, I understand the participation of people from IMAS and Uta-Prince in the project, but on the other hand, it feels like it will not be an idol show, but a romantic school comedy with male MC.

Uh no, it'll be an idol anime. There's no such thing as romcom mc. The group was literally created to be an idol anime outside of the own real group.
Sep 21, 2019 1:49 AM

Jul 2016
Nice key visual. And PV looks ok.

Sep 21, 2019 11:24 AM

Apr 2012
@caio_brb Dude, do you think I never saw idol anime? This was just a comment that a significant part of the staff has recently been more involed in school romance than even with at least all-female anime.
Sep 21, 2019 11:43 AM

Feb 2013
RobertBobert said:
@caio_brb Dude, do you think I never saw idol anime? This was just a comment that a significant part of the staff has recently been more involed in school romance than even with at least all-female anime.

Well, you said that it would be like a romcom, I just corrected you because this entire project was created to have part of it as an anime for the characters created and the VA selected in 2016.
Sep 21, 2019 12:23 PM

Apr 2012
caio_brb said:
RobertBobert said:

Well, you said that it would be like a romcom, I just corrected you because this entire project was created to have part of it as an anime for the characters created and the VA selected in 2016.

I said only that part of stuff looks like it is about a school romkom. These are different things. I'm not so naive as to think that someone will decide to turn the multimedia idol franchise into a romantic comedy with male MC's harem. Not to mention the fact that the original author is known for a rather scrupulous approach to this moment.
Sep 21, 2019 2:43 PM

Feb 2013
RobertBobert said:
caio_brb said:

I said only that part of stuff looks like it is about a school romkom. These are different things. I'm not so naive as to think that someone will decide to turn the multimedia idol franchise into a romantic comedy with male MC's harem. Not to mention the fact that the original author is known for a rather scrupulous approach to this moment.

Uh, what original author are you talking about?
Sep 21, 2019 4:15 PM

Apr 2012
caio_brb said:
RobertBobert said:

https://myanimelist.net/people/4667/
Sep 21, 2019 5:01 PM

Feb 2013
RobertBobert said:
caio_brb said:

Uh, he's not "original author", those things are for manga/novel/light novel works after all. He's the producer of the group and one of the leading on the project with Aniplex and Sony Music Records.
Sep 21, 2019 6:42 PM

Aug 2018
Im really hype for this anime
It has great potential
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Sep 22, 2019 3:10 PM

Apr 2012
caio_brb said:
RobertBobert said:

Uh, he's not "original author", those things are for manga/novel/light novel works after all. He's the producer of the group and one of the leading on the project with Aniplex and Sony Music Records.

I do not think that he does not control the creation of the plot, the personality of the characters and the positioning of the brand as a whole. In the case of Bandori, the producer also does not write the plot itself, but at the same time is the main boss in any matters.
Sep 22, 2019 3:40 PM

Feb 2013
RobertBobert said:
caio_brb said:

I do not think that he does not control the creation of the plot, the personality of the characters and the positioning of the brand as a whole. In the case of Bandori, the producer also does not write the plot itself, but at the same time is the main boss in any matters.

The brand sure, but plot and other aspects I doubt a producer is going to be involved, even more when the character designs were made by different artists and there's a staff on Aniplex and SMR for that. And, I think the personality ofthe characters will be different on teh anime itself by the scenario writers there.
Sep 22, 2019 5:58 PM

Apr 2012
caio_brb said:
RobertBobert said:

The brand sure, but plot and other aspects I doubt a producer is going to be involved, even more when the character designs were made by different artists and there's a staff on Aniplex and SMR for that. And, I think the personality ofthe characters will be different on teh anime itself by the scenario writers there.

In any case, the producer controls this process and makes sure that it follows the “right” path. In particular, Kiidani often mentions in interviews that some tropes were added or removed from Bandori precisely because of his personal position. For example, the case when he decided to remove Argonavis into a parallel universe and yurifans immediately declared him a supporter of yuri, although in an interview he openly said that the reasons for this lie in the reluctance to complicate the plot by adding romantic subplot and pandering to the male audience.
Sep 25, 2019 6:01 AM

Nov 2007
Monthly AbemaTV show announced
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/348955
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 20, 2019 5:07 AM

Nov 2007

PV 2
https://moca-news.net/article/20191228/2019122822220a_/01/

12 TV series + 13th extra ep.
https://227anime.com/bddvd/06/

Manga series 22/7+α via Sunday Webly
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/362938

Character Songs Announced.
First: "One of them" by Miu Takigawa (CV: Nogami Saijou) (ep 3)
https://www.animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1579947019

Final ep. will also has special show to introduce "animate variety show" season 2 on March 27. The second season begins April 4
https://www.animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1582816983
tsubasaloverFeb 27, 2020 9:10 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

30 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.