Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2019 9:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well at least this episode shows that Yuko really does care about Momo as a friend.

I mean, why else would she go as far as into her dreams to help her. One more episode left but I expect the finale to have just as much as comedy as the other episodes.
Sep 19, 2019 11:05 AM

Aug 2012
Wow they went dark in the second part, poor Shamiko & Momo. But man, i laughed hard when Momo yeeted Lilith!
Sep 19, 2019 12:09 PM

Jun 2017
The father being sealed in the box is an amazing twist lmao.
Sep 19, 2019 1:22 PM
Oct 2011
In the manga, Shamiko's mom shows a photo of her and her husband while explaining, I wonder why they didn't include it.
Sep 19, 2019 4:00 PM

Aug 2018
That turned a little dark at the end. I’m assuming we’ll have a happy ending, but all things are possible.
Sep 19, 2019 4:31 PM

Apr 2013
Lilith got launched into oblivion lol
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Sep 19, 2019 5:34 PM

Jul 2017
One step to getting closer is...to make (more) food for your enemy. That's a thing! Wow Shamiko, I'd expect no less from you xD

In order to know Momo better, time to indulge in her solemn dreams once more! The "time that hath come" cat transformed into a god to protect Momo, whew. Plus, summoning Lilith in the moment was just comedy gold, demoting her as a spider-like animal that Momo's cat ended up chasing it instead. Such a useless Ancestor HAHA.

So that dream ended up being real, as if talking face-to-face. And Momo plot twists Shamiko into figuring out more about her own parents.

However the moment that got me is when Momo RANDOMLY threw Ancestor Lilith into oblivion, like WTH HAHA!?

That's some insane plot twist if you ask me, about both Momo and Yuko's family history that is intertwined to keep the peace within both demons and magical girls. Ohho so now we understand why Shamiko's mum has to live on the $400/month budget, but sealing their dad in the midst of intentionous role-playing to maintain peace relations, that's some dark shit.

The final episode next week, hopefully we'll see some resolutions to Momo and Yuko in this whole issue of friends and not foes against one another.

Only 1 more week and I will miss this greatly...
Sep 19, 2019 10:45 PM
Jan 2019
I thought, after what the cat said in the dream, that Shamiko was half demon and half magical girl, but it was because of the help Momo's teacher gave her family. And to think that Shamiko's father was close to her all the time and sealed in a simple box. Her mother did invent a great excuse to justify her husband's absence, I don't know if the funniest thing was that or that Shamiko and Ryoko believed her, hahaha 😂. Well, in the end, Momo's farewell was a sad thing. And it is sadder to know that there is only one episode left: c.
Sep 20, 2019 3:02 AM

Sep 2013
Vavrick said:
In the manga, Shamiko's mom shows a photo of her and her husband while explaining, I wonder why they didn't include it.
No boys allowed in this cute girl show apparently.
Sep 20, 2019 3:03 AM

Feb 2018
WTF. I don't know how to feel about that reveal. Thats pretty messed up
Sep 20, 2019 5:24 AM

Oct 2007
unexpected reveals. Momo older sister have helped Shamiko family in the past. Also Yuko's dad is inside a box. Why did he have to be put there?

Funny when Shamiko summoned gosenzo as bait for muscle cat. xD
Sep 20, 2019 7:04 AM

Jun 2019
The darkest plot have been revealed. But still, why I laughed so hard 😂

Hope this will be a Happy Ending show.
Since this anime came from Manga Time Kirara.
Sep 20, 2019 8:02 AM

Nov 2016
We got some pretty interesting clarifications with this episode. And the truth is more "dark" or rather hilarious than expected xD

This series is really offering so much in terms of comedy and has a rather unique plot that it's a shame that it doesn't get more recognition.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 20, 2019 8:12 AM

May 2018
The start of the episode with Shamiko entering the dream and the muscular cat man was funny.

Then suddenly the plot happens and wow that was a lot more serious than I expected!

Can't wait for the next ep.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Sep 20, 2019 9:29 AM

Mar 2018
The dream world was just hilarious lmao
poor mikan, just wants to help xd

Best part was how Momo randomly smashed Lilith away haha xD
Well but those reveals at the end were pretty random too
Don't really know how to feel about them. Was just too sudden and pretty.. far fetched

Also why do I feel like the father just sidestepped with Momo's sister?

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Sep 20, 2019 5:12 PM

Apr 2015
Quite the reveal at the end.

This entire episode was hilarious. Shamiko is for sure the character that gave me the most laughs this season. Momo is also great per usual, throwing away the ancestor due to the dream she had was too funny.
Sep 20, 2019 9:53 PM

Oct 2017
What a twist lol, so her father is sealed in the box. Also this goes really dark sometimes.
Sep 20, 2019 10:07 PM

Sep 2010
Hold on... that "grill" joke seems to have translated unexpectedly well to English. Is there really a series of phonemes in Japanese that carries the same dual meaning as the word "grill" in English?
Sep 21, 2019 4:57 AM
Sep 2019
In the original, the words “退治” and “対峙” are used.
Both of these are pronounced “TAIJI”, the former meaning “Extermination / knock down” and the latter “Confrontation / Dialogue”. A joke that uses homonyms
Sep 21, 2019 7:55 AM

Oct 2007
CeddyyBearr said:
throwing away the ancestor due to the dream she had was too funny.

gosenzo statue with those weird arms and legs is just creepy, Momo should throw it away. :p
Sep 21, 2019 8:29 AM

Dec 2018
Wow, that was just... Their situation is even more messed up than it seemed.
Sep 21, 2019 6:27 PM

Jun 2014
I really like this anime but sometimes, the dialogue is just TOO fast. It usually isnt bad but this episode pace with the dialogue was just insane. While I liked what happened, the show didn't take the proper time to let it sink in and just bombarded you with important info.

Really a shame that they didn't just keep the last part of this episode for the last episode. Looking forward to reading the manga if it ever get translated far enough so the pace won't bother me!
Sep 21, 2019 11:54 PM

Sep 2010
e4rdoxj1 said:
In the original, the words “退治” and “対峙” are used.
Both of these are pronounced “TAIJI”, the former meaning “Extermination / knock down” and the latter “Confrontation / Dialogue”. A joke that uses homonyms
Hm... So [Taiji = exterminate / confront] becomes [grill = cook with fire / interrogate]. Momo's next line about "holding people's feet to the fire" fits strangely well with the rest of the joke too. xD
Sep 22, 2019 6:59 AM

Jun 2016
omg
the facts about shamiko father's sealed in the box make me laugh so hard LOL
Sep 22, 2019 9:20 AM

Oct 2008
frankly the most serious episode...if course it has bit of fun moments, but we get to know the other family members of Shamiko and Momo as well...
4/5.

Sep 23, 2019 5:49 AM

Jul 2015
Damn, this family really is unfortunate, but it's funny so I can't bring myself to actually feel bad about it.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Sep 24, 2019 7:03 PM

Feb 2019
Amazing episode as always, Lot's of plot and development~

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Sep 26, 2019 2:48 PM

May 2015
I find it so amusing how slice of life anime suddenly get serious out of nowhere for the last few episodes XD.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 1, 2019 7:14 AM
Jan 2018
Is it intentional that they use the same transformation scenes for shameko or just lazyness as this is like the 2nd time where she wears her PJs but in the transformation she is wearing her school outfit
Oct 10, 2019 5:07 AM

Apr 2015
The manga author knew how to make cute and charming characters and use them to make half decent jokes...but isn't at all skilled in doing anything more with them.
Oct 19, 2019 7:51 AM

Aug 2018
To get into Momo's heart in the sleep, huh.. Heart is a pretty deep place, I think..?
Oh.. So Yuuko to add to her everyday poverty problems also had quite bad health in childhood, being in hospitals.. Poor girl.. ;(
What.. So.. In the end, Sakura made so that fortune in things went to Yuuko's health?.. So family wasn't suffering because of magical girls, it wasn't a debt, but it was due to Yuuko's health support?..
On the other hand Sakura for some reason sealed Yuuko's father.. Though, we don't know, why, what intentions she had.. It seems Sakura was helpful before, so maybe she helped here by this bizarre way as well, who knows..
Feb 17, 2020 3:02 PM

Nov 2013
Metako vs Ancestue v2 was funny. The misunderstanding between Momo and Yuko was too.

Big revelations. Sakura and Yuko's father made a great sacrifice. And the Light Clan is looking even more awful now.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Sep 3, 2020 12:44 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, its about time they moved out the plot progression into some more serious tone on it. Yeah, its about Yuuko's past which was somehow still linked on Momo's past. However, that pink magical girl still refuse to uncover her own secret, so i might kinda hatin her decision on this episode. Well, the next one shall be ended good. Or else, idk what should i say. Lmao.

The dreamland of Momo surely had a different situations from the last checkpoint. Because, yeah, thanks to Shamiko, there that the dreadful looks of the black tear just went out. It just left with a little part of Metako on guarded that somehow was not even felt so little to Shamiko. At the end, by using the awful form of Lilith statue, Shamiko success to got rid of that lol'ed cat.

Still Its not so fast, demon girl. Because Momo knew what was goin on in her own dream. She realised that was Shamiko's real form, not just a dream, and exactly jailed the poor demon girl, Shamiko into her own room. Oh shit, here we go again the pity situations for Shamiko. While Shamiko just continued to revealing herself secret, in another side Momo's always keep some secret in behind. Lmao. It looks like they just acted in a reversed side, when the evil one was a Momo, and the good, i mean the poor one was Shamiko. Oh, wow, Momo's just feel ashamed! I knew her intentions was so pure. But, her procedure kinda, never missed to amuse me! At the end, they just ended up with the whole misunderstood that led with the revelations of the true nature beyond Shamiko's family. Shimasen!!!

I just hope they both kinda open up a bit their own heart, and just told their truth feeling toward each others. I just felt their true feeling were never met when they just keeping the secret in an unbalanced situations, especially with Momo. The result must be expected. But here i am to see something funny. So, yeah, lets the last. Come on, you girls, you could do that!
badabassSep 3, 2020 10:19 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 26, 2021 1:02 PM

Feb 2020
Those were some unexpected reveals. Poor daddy. He made a big sacrifice.

SerafosDec 23, 2023 3:47 AM
Mar 20, 2022 7:36 AM
Dec 2013
Shamiko is the funniest big-boobed girl in anime. xD
May 30, 2022 8:26 PM

Jan 2019
Damn that ED was jarring there at the end.

I really appreciate how this show, which I took for little more than a gag-anime, had consistently done an excellent job of bringing back earlier elements in a significant way, and developing a comprehensive lore.
Aug 5, 2022 9:21 AM

Nov 2013
What happened to the sister though??? Why is Momo sad? Yeah, sister had to seal the dad away (in a box lol), but this saved Machiko and thus it was necessary.
Mar 30, 2023 7:49 PM

Mar 2022
Well I wasn’t expecting the episode to get serious near the end especially the reveal about Shamiko and her health, the poor thing must have went through a lot with her health and what not. Don’t get me wrong, there were funny stuff happening in this episode as this show has always done. The stuff with Momo’s dream was hilarious, plus Lilith’s statue being flung across the heavens was priceless but I ultimately wasn’t expecting so much serious stuff to happen in the second half of the episode. 

It’s still hilarious how Shamiko’s father is sealed in a box, it’s one of those moments where you mustn’t because it’s kind of a terrible thing to happen to him but it’s so absurd that it becomes funny all over again. Let’s hope the show ends on a happy note.
Dec 16, 2023 5:52 PM

Nov 2023
AWww, Yuko is like a tsundere friend

More topics from this board

Poll: » Machikado Mazoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2019

95 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 5:52 PM

Poll: » Machikado Mazoku Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2019

33 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Machikado Mazoku Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2019

36 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Machikado Mazoku Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2019

33 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Machikado Mazoku Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2019

35 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 5:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.