Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 20, 2019 9:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It looks like we got some info about the first mission that the 8th brigade undertook at least 3 years ago. Quite an important episode imo considering it's about their origins.

Sep 20, 2019 10:33 AM

Jul 2014
We got a pretty cool flashback, younger Maki was way too cute! Feels bad for Hinowa having his friend just flame up turning into a 1st gen like that, dude had to make a hard choice but ended up still not able to shoot. So unless I heard everything right, this Benimaru guy the 7th captain is the strongest brigade whos both a 2nd and 3rd gen user hence the eyes AND everyone in his village or whatever that place is are there because they want to die by his hands if they ever do become infernals.

Maki getting flattered from Hinowa's words with what his reasons was for getting her to join was adorable when all along she just thought she was invited to be their meatbag lol.

Pretty good episode!
Sep 20, 2019 11:07 AM

Aug 2013
Good episode.
We got to learn the origin of the 8th company.

We also got to see the skills of that Benimaru guy.

Sep 20, 2019 11:25 AM

Jan 2009
ok so Maki x Hinawa ship is sailing slowly but surely? lol

and wow that Benihamaru is both 2nd and 3rd generation eh (making and controlling fire) i guess his only weakness is his stamina since he will go overheating easily more since he does not have an Adolla Burst that does not need oxygen to create and manipulate fire

Sep 20, 2019 11:29 AM
Sep 2015
ok so this is very interesting episode, the first half presents the past while the second have shows us something new, accompanied with charming characters.
And am I the only one who always have a crush on captain or head of the team that shounen protagonist side with? Except All Might, he's too American.
Sep 20, 2019 11:43 AM

Mar 2018
So he's destroying all those houses as an "offering" when he could've just walked up to the infernal and take him out like it was nothing. What if any people were home at the time, would they also be part of the offering?
Sep 20, 2019 11:46 AM
Nov 2017
tokidoki921 said:
So he's destroying all those houses as an "offering" when he could've just walked up to the infernal and take him out like it was nothing. What if any people were home at the time, would they also be part of the offering?
nah they all went outside to watch the “ festival “ so nobody was in their houses . The people worship him basically
Sep 20, 2019 11:49 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so the LT and Maki knew each other from back in the military then. Still its tragic that he was forced to see his own friend transform into an incarnate. In the past the fire force sure featured a number of unsavoury personal that show the incarnates the proper respect. Still that aside this first fire sure allowed Obi and the LT to meet and forge the beginnings of their friendship. Maki's reaction to hearing why she was recruited sure was fun. Despite his fierce aura the captain of the 7th sure has no shortage of fans. Guess each station has its own eccentrics after all. Waka sure has a rather unique set of abilities that gives him diverse options in order to combat incarnates. Its also interesting at seeing how involved the town's people are in helping him as well. Overall an interesting ep that provided some great expansion into the LT and Obi's bond that eventually transformed into the formation of the 8th. At the same time the look into how the 7th handles things was also interesting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2019 12:07 PM

Sep 2014
The first half was easily my favourite part of the series. I immensely enjoy the adult characters more than the rest of the 8th Company so it was nice to see how they met each other and formed the unit. The 7th Company's captain's ways of resolving the combustion incidents were... interesting.
Sep 20, 2019 12:14 PM
Sep 2018
I think this series is amazing af!
Not only the op but also th ed is awsome! Not only that but the whole story, animation, and aaaallll the rest is soooo well done it’s just not normal!!!!
This series is one of the biggest things that made my summer!!!!
Sep 20, 2019 12:16 PM
Sep 2018
Why did beni asmr me when eating like wtf bro that tickles
(My D)
Sep 20, 2019 12:36 PM

Oct 2017
A younger Maki with no muscles looked cute too. lol just like Hinawa said she put up quite a bit muscles. Also we got to know how the 8th was formed.
MegamiRemSep 20, 2019 1:02 PM
Sep 20, 2019 12:59 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Benimaru is not much for pinpoint precision, isn't he. Talk about an over the top way of dealing with problems.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 20, 2019 1:01 PM

Jan 2009
MegamiRem said:
A younger Maki with no muscles looked cute too.

not just cute she looks more attractive without big muscles lol
Sep 20, 2019 1:07 PM

Apr 2016
The first half was pretty interesting. The second part was good thanks to Benimaru, he seems a good character. Hopefully he wouldn't be the next “villain”.
Sep 20, 2019 1:42 PM
May 2019
We saw 8th backstory, now I want Benimaru's backstory. For him to hate Sol and the church so much, something must have happened to them. Also, are the first districts as new as these last, on the point that they only had a single captain, or in some of them it has already changed? Also, 7th officially the loli district.
Sep 20, 2019 2:06 PM

Jan 2017
Benimaru, hands down, has the best character design... and the festival for infernals is so fun.
Sep 20, 2019 2:43 PM

Oct 2017
Good backstory on the 8th formation.

Benimaru is definitely not a joke.
Sep 20, 2019 3:29 PM

Nov 2016
Nice flashback. Maki was always a cutie, but I prefer her "jacked".

And I already like Benimaru a lot, he reminds me of Murasakibara. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to be into sweets xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 20, 2019 5:04 PM

Dec 2014
Loved the 8th flashback, younger Maki is cute and her reaction after the flashback was too adorable. <3

Benimaru is pretty cool.
Sep 20, 2019 5:08 PM

Mar 2019
As an active hater of this show and all of it's poor writing, I have to say this is one of the better episodes of the show. I was close to dropping Enen no Shouboutai, but I wanted it to be good so badly I just kept watching.
In spite of that, the past two episodes have been especially well written and directed. There was a lot of character depth and empathy showcased in this episode; it attached itself to one of its most popular aspects, the world building. The animation took a complete 180 this episode, and I really want David Productions to get more consistent. So far the animation is patchy. Eye candy in one hand, and stilted/poorly paced with minimal detail in the other. This episode doesn't show any of these problems.
Although I completely disagree with the shows popularity, this episode makes me want to stick around for just a little bit more. I hope this show makes a turn around, hoping for a good new season.
Sep 20, 2019 5:34 PM

Mar 2014
Something about Benimaru reminds me of Stein from Soul Eater (Yes Im aware same author blah blah blah).

Otherwise, Good episode
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Sep 20, 2019 6:01 PM

Oct 2015
I get how they started, but they should've shown also how sister came into the division.

Benimaru's balls are made entirely of fire, I swear!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 20, 2019 6:16 PM

Sep 2018
really enjoyed the origin story we got of the 8th, Hinawa and Obi.
I also lived the animation of The 7th's half of the episode

too bad we have to wait till oct 11th now:(
Sep 20, 2019 6:20 PM

Sep 2018
Trainer_Green said:
As an active hater of this show and all of it's poor writing, I have to say this is one of the better episodes of the show. I was close to dropping Enen no Shouboutai, but I wanted it to be good so badly I just kept watching.
In spite of that, the past two episodes have been especially well written and directed. There was a lot of character depth and empathy showcased in this episode; it attached itself to one of its most popular aspects, the world building. The animation took a complete 180 this episode, and I really want David Productions to get more consistent. So far the animation is patchy. Eye candy in one hand, and stilted/poorly paced with minimal detail in the other. This episode doesn't show any of these problems.
Although I completely disagree with the shows popularity, this episode makes me want to stick around for just a little bit more. I hope this show makes a turn around, hoping for a good new season.

I understand completely how you feel, It did feel a bit rushed and badly written and paced at first. I actually enjoyed it nonetheless a few weeks ago since i had been craving something quick and easy to watch, but looking back its a bit too fast w/o much development on the world or side characters. I think the previous 2 episodes have been a complete turn around for the better though and am very much hoping to see this continue.
Sep 20, 2019 6:26 PM

Dec 2013
Cool that we got some backstory for Obi/Hinowa.

You’d think that dealing with the infernals would get expensive pretty quickly...
Sep 20, 2019 9:07 PM
Feb 2016
heg said:
ok so Maki x Hinawa ship is sailing slowly but surely? lol

and wow that Benihamaru is both 2nd and 3rd generation eh (making and controlling fire) i guess his only weakness is his stamina since he will go overheating easily more since he does not have an Adolla Burst that does not need oxygen to create and manipulate fire

bro no Maki and Obi aren't gonna be a ship. It's just a level of respect for one another. Not every small scene with two characters of the opposite sex means they're gonna be a thing. That's just asinine.
Sep 20, 2019 9:14 PM

Jan 2009
@Supersky

you forgot my lol showing its a joke (50/50 truth/false)

and its not Obi its Hinawa
Sep 20, 2019 10:35 PM

Jul 2016
Maki getting flattered by Hinowa's words was really adorable to see. So far, the only female character I like in this show.

Overall, it was an interesting episode though I have to say I preferred the first half over the second one. That said, it was nice to see both Obi and especially Hinawa receiving some proper characterization.

On the other hand, I still don't know what to think about this Benimaru guy. He thinks and acts like a teenager in his rebel days but he surely has his reasons so I won't judge him just yet. His way of dealing with Infernals is a bit too over-the-top for my taste tho.
Sep 20, 2019 10:43 PM

Mar 2018
Damn
This story of how the 8th came to be is pretty sick.
Nothing really that special but a great detail
They mentioned infernals being ranked by points there, that doesn't apply in the present time right? That system itself is sickening already

The 2nd part was pretty sick too
A bit more info about the 7th, although it's not that much, and learning about the mightiest soldier.
His way of putting people to rest is.. a festival? Don't really get it tbh

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Sep 20, 2019 10:46 PM
Aug 2019
SouthRzVa said:
Maki getting flattered by Hinowa's words was really adorable to see. So far, the only female character I like in this show.

Overall, it was an interesting episode though I have to say I preferred the first half over the second one. That said, it was nice to see both Obi and especially Hinawa receiving some proper characterization.

On the other hand, I still don't know what to think about this Benimaru guy. He thinks and acts like a teenager in his rebel days but he surely has his reasons so I won't judge him just yet. His way of dealing with Infernals is a bit too over-the-top for my taste tho.

I think while Shinra is not that bad of a character quality i like obi and hinawa way more as characters because shinra is the main character and he a lot of screen time to get more fleshed out while obi and hinawa had way less screen time same goes for maki yet they feel better quality characters than shinra
Sep 20, 2019 11:33 PM

May 2019
Shinmon is a really cool character. I think the development of his psychology and character will actually be instrumental in the narrative's continuation going forward.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Sep 21, 2019 12:37 AM

Feb 2018
Just waiting patiently until Benimaru greatness being animated, especially the climax of 7th company arc.
Sep 21, 2019 1:13 AM

Aug 2014
I really loved how this episode was handled.
It did both the story of the 8th and Benimaru's introduction justice.

Oh, and the OST for Asakusa is just one amazingly fitting detail for that whole city, I love it. Ending at the "too sweet" scene was also a great choice imho, really the right point to stop the episode.

Considering what's to come in this (and the next) arc, it will be really hard to wait two weeks lol but I'm really hyped. Aaaah, I want to see all of those things animated already
Sep 21, 2019 6:03 AM

Aug 2019
Maki was cute in this episode.

Benimaru might be my favourite male character in this series.

Good episode.
Sep 21, 2019 6:21 AM
Oct 2007
This is finally an episode that's good enough for me to call the series out AGAIN (since the first few episodes actually). Last few ones were either meh or quite average.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2019 7:30 AM

Mar 2018
Finally a good episode again, it was reaching so bad it's good levels after episode 3 but I'm into this, proper battle shounen stuff. I see this becoming much more intersting than KnY
poop
Sep 21, 2019 9:19 AM
Jul 2019
8th's backstory was pretty shot.
Sep 21, 2019 10:29 AM
Jan 2016
Awesome flashback about 8th company origins, and Maki was really adorable back there, and her reaction after the flashback towards hinawa's words about her was so cute!

Damn, Benimaru is a way too strong, he made a nice show, he can control 2nd and 3rd generation, away to strong, and i really liked him!
Sep 21, 2019 10:56 AM

May 2018
That was fucking beautiful! I want Benimaru to send me to eternal rest when I spontaneously combust.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Sep 21, 2019 11:16 AM

Mar 2010
Oh yes, finally the Asakusa arc is beginning!
Sep 21, 2019 11:56 AM

Jul 2013
this was a good episode. i liked seeing the history of the 8th.
Sep 21, 2019 1:25 PM

Mar 2017
The first half of this ep felt a bit useless... like there was nothing really special about how the 8th came about and we already know what kind of characters Obi & Hinawa are so it didn't provide much there either.

HOWEVER... the second half was so awesome! I think i'm really going to love Benimaru; he's super cool, i really relate to his gloomy attitude and he seems a lot more complex than he first appears. Also he's voiced by my fav, Mamoru Miyano
Sep 21, 2019 7:26 PM
Mar 2017
So the eighth company is practically new, a story very well told by Hinawa, I already imagined that he and Maki came from the army, but even so it was too cute to see Maki in her days as a soldier and she was so thin.
I felt a little sad for Hinawa for the loss of his friend. On the other hand, Obi was only a firefighter and had to endure the mediocrity and inefficiency of the Fire Force of that time, but at least Hinawa saw responsibility and respect in Obi's words and they both decide to do the right thing even though they risk a punishment.
Hinawa speaking well of Maki when he recommended her was so sweet and she looked very happy to hear that, I smell something cooking between these two.

Later we met in the territory of the seventh company, where we see Benimaru and his companions, the twins Hinata and Hikage are so adorable and insolent, their laughs are so cute.
Anyway, Benimaru seems someone very rude and does not seem to want to cooperate in the evangelist's investigation, but even so this guy turned out to be incredibly skilled, since Benimaru can use second and third generation Pyrokinesis, which makes him effective at the time of eliminating the Infernal that attacked the territory of Asakusa.

The episode was quite relaxed at first, seeing the roots of the eighth company was important since we understand why Obi is how he is and where Hinawa's strict personality comes from, in addition to why Maki is so beautiful today.
Shortly after finishing the episode I learned that episode 12 will be released in two more weeks, what a misfortune.
Sep 21, 2019 8:54 PM
Mar 2015
Nice backstory for the 8th Baptizing the gun was a hoot.
Sacrificing the houses was an interesting way of dealing with Infernals in the 7th
Sep 21, 2019 11:15 PM

Jul 2017
The origins of Company 8, that's the focus and backstory of the central group in question for this episode, with Sergeant Hinawa and Lieutenant Obi as the founders, plus characterization.

Hinawa is kind-spirited, but in the face of Infernos, he gets held back alot, whereas Obi is dumbfounded by the practices of the Fire Force in his time. Together, theír combined force is akin to salvation in the midst of suffering for the enemy, with compassion and kindness, disregarding rebellion and going ahead with their own ideals to cherish lives.

And knowing Maki would be the next member is foreshadowed after all. Great that she isn't so useless anymore from that time.

With the amount of conflicting info on hand, the 8th's next target is the 7th. "The Mightiest Hikeshi", that is the captain of Company 7, Shimon Benimaru. What an impressive captain I must say, that even with his death-staring eyesight, the townsfolk of Asakura have full liberty of him destroying and rebuilding the town like it's nothing, if it meant eradicating Infernos in such a ruthless but unique manner.

I can think of nothing but a hard time for Shinra and Company 8 to fight this behemoth of a guy. Good episode!
Sep 22, 2019 12:19 AM

Jan 2018
how they formed the company was really interesting. so it can take a normal person without any pyrokinetic ability to establish a company (well I he dead beat his ass off to establish one)
Sep 22, 2019 12:27 AM

Aug 2018
Great backstory for the 8th company
very good episode
Sep 22, 2019 1:09 AM

May 2018
Well that was nice, especially we got to see how the 8th was created and some of Benimaru's power. Loved Benimaru here, he acts cool and he is a strong one, being a compound and able to control and create fire. And of course Shinra is being full of himself again.

Sep 22, 2019 3:30 AM

Oct 2008
Damn! Benimaru Shinmon the Commander of the 7th Special Fire Brigade is wickedly awesome!!!
5/5.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2019

119 by Twilight_In_Hell »»
Apr 21, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2019

243 by Twilight_In_Hell »»
Apr 21, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2019

176 by ArthurKFC »»
Apr 16, 7:08 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

199 by beamtoes »»
Apr 10, 6:16 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

386 by Crispydang »»
Mar 30, 1:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.