Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Carole & Tuesday
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 19, 2019 11:37 PM

Nov 2017
MiiyoSon said:
TheDopplerEffect said:
So the story clearly paints our protagonists as the underdogs trying to make it big in the harsh world of music.
So how do they achieve it? By meeting some old dude who sets everything up for them, then another one who helps them to make their music into what he thinks to be good. How exactly are they different from everyone else? Where's the struggle? Where is the expression of their artistic freedom?

I repeat Tobe is there to make sure that their songs are polished. He's not writing the songs or playing the instruments for them. That's C&T's job like we have seen through multiple different montages. This is a key part. I would agree with you if Tobe made them use AI like most artist in the show but that's not the case.

TheDopplerEffect said:

regarding C&T's career decisions, Gus made the following ones: they play in a bar, they go to the music festival, they attend the talent show, they refuse the label deal, they meet the producer, they attend another music festival... You get my idea?

No. I don't. Gus is their music manager. His job is to make sure C&T's names get out there and to make sure that, since they decided that they wanted but money and freedom, they will be able to keep their creative freedom while earning as much as they can.
TheDopplerEffect said:
I'm just saying that the story is crap.

I Disagree

I don't know how else to explain it to you. If a story of two girls succeeding in music without any major problems sounds compelling to you, that's fine, there's nothing I can do about it. I explained why it isn't compelling to me.
Sep 19, 2019 11:45 PM

Jan 2018
Hoping things will get better for Angela. These past few episodes have just been brutal for her. Angela's song was real good (i think the 2nd half really pictured where she's at right now in the story)

C&T's song was great! Crystal's part was also quite fitting; seemed like the 3 of them have good chemistry. Hoping we can get another song with the 3.

Looking forward to next episode, I wonder where it'll continue from in the story since this ep was such a heavy one.
Sep 20, 2019 1:33 AM

Jul 2016
I definitely get what they were going for with the 'light in the dark' theme. I also quite like how it contrasts Angela's 'Light a Fire' from way back when, at Mars Brightest.

The death scene was a little melodramatic for me. It's actually an interesting contrast. I thought that scene was two melodramatic but Angela's song and collapse I thought were perfect. That whole credits sequence was perfect in fact. Props to Angela's singer for being that in-character and selling the strained sadness of Angela's character.
Sep 20, 2019 2:28 AM

Aug 2013
Steve Aoki cameo in my wholesome anime. I fuggin' approve of this shit. Not gonna lie...the collab between C&T with Crystal was disappointing. Like the song was good and all, but I expected something much more given the hype that the episode was trying to build for it. And as for Angela....holy fuck...that ending man.
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 20, 2019 3:41 AM
Jun 2017
😔😔😔 for Angela, as finally the dream her mother wanted to be with, is also the last day for her mom. Just sad thats why its expected Angela's performance to be like that... and if you just read the lyrics alone, its a SAD ONE...

Regardimg carole and tuesday's performance- LOVE THE SONG!!! Thats all i can say, the lyrics are nice, the rythm are good to the ears.

Hope angela can recover from this one.
Sep 20, 2019 3:54 AM

Aug 2018
first time i skipped one of the carole and tuesday songs. idk why but it just bored me to listen to it. Both of Angela's songs went SUPER DUPER HARD. overall the episode was alright, not much happened on Carole and Tuesday's part but im interested to see what happens for Angela next

Sep 20, 2019 5:17 AM

Apr 2014
TheDopplerEffect said:
MiiyoSon said:

I repeat Tobe is there to make sure that their songs are polished. He's not writing the songs or playing the instruments for them. That's C&T's job like we have seen through multiple different montages. This is a key part. I would agree with you if Tobe made them use AI like most artist in the show but that's not the case.

No. I don't. Gus is their music manager. His job is to make sure C&T's names get out there and to make sure that, since they decided that they wanted but money and freedom, they will be able to keep their creative freedom while earning as much as they can.

I Disagree

I don't know how else to explain it to you. If a story of two girls succeeding in music without any major problems sounds compelling to you, that's fine, there's nothing I can do about it. I explained why it isn't compelling to me.

They've had problems all throughout the first half of the show. From failing to keep a job for than two seconds to a failed music video to a failed first music festival to a failed attempt at dealing with an obsessed fan to even almost breaking up so I don't know how you came to the conclusion that they haven't struggled.
Playing a song 52 times to make sure it's right can't be easy bruh. Again we have seen multiple different montages of them struggling to come up with lyrics and melodies. On top of that the world they live in is starting to become more and more chaotic to the point where even they can sense that something is going to happen. And it's in close proximity too with Tuesday's very own mother spouting potentially dangerous rhetoric that could affect Carole in a huge way.

Did some of ya'll want C&T to feel some angst or something? That's definitely not needed IMO because they're main want and need in life was fulfilled when they first met. Ever since it's been hella fun just watching them interact. You're not going to tell me that Tuesday singing happy birthday to Carole, giving her a present, and Carole looking at it with tears of joy was not the sweetest thing that happened in this show. Especially considering that Carole probably has never been given a gift for her birthday ever in her life. This is super dope stuff.

This is just a differing opinion I know but at this point I've held my tongue long enough. This show's second half has been way too dope for me to not say anything anymore.

Even if this 7 minute miracle is wack, I can't bring myself to not at least gives this an 8/10.
Sep 20, 2019 5:26 AM

Nov 2017
MiiyoSon said:
TheDopplerEffect said:

They've had problems all throughout the first half of the show. From failing to keep a job for than two seconds to a failed music video to a failed first music festival to a failed attempt at dealing with an obsessed fan to even almost breaking up so I don't know how you came to the conclusion that they haven't struggled.
Playing a song 52 times to make sure it's right can't be easy bruh. Again we have seen multiple different montages of them struggling to come up with lyrics and melodies. On top of that the world they live in is starting to become more and more chaotic to the point where even they can sense that something is going to happen. And it's in close proximity too with Tuesday's very own mother spouting potentially dangerous rhetoric that could affect Carole in a huge way.

Did some of ya'll want C&T to feel some angst or something? That's definitely not needed IMO because they're main want and need in life was fulfilled when they first met. Ever since it's been hella fun just watching them interact. You're not going to tell me that Tuesday singing happy birthday to Carole, giving her a present, and Carole looking at it with tears of joy was not the sweetest thing that happened in this show. Especially considering that Carole probably has never been given a gift for her birthday ever in her life. This is super dope stuff.

This is just a differing opinion I know but at this point I've held my tongue long enough. This show's second half has been way too dope for me to not say anything anymore.

Even if this 7 minute miracle is wack, I can't bring myself to not at least gives this an 8/10.

They had it pretty easy when it comes to their careers, and that's what I was thinking we'd get more of. There's nothing wrong with the main leads and their interactions between one another, but I didn't find their journey to be anything interesting, to be honest.
The only reason I kept watching this after about episode 13, is to see wether the writer can actually tie all of the subplots together and for Angela's story. Hers I have no problems with whatsoever.
I'm not trying to hate on this show, I wanted it to be good. And it was good, for about half a season.
Sep 20, 2019 5:34 AM

Apr 2014
TheDopplerEffect said:
MiiyoSon said:

They had it pretty easy when it comes to their careers, and that's what I was thinking we'd get more of. There's nothing wrong with the main leads and their interactions between one another, but I didn't find their journey to be anything interesting, to be honest.
The only reason I kept watching this after about episode 13, is to see wether the writer can actually tie all of the subplots together and for Angela's story. Hers I have no problems with whatsoever.
I'm not trying to hate on this show, I wanted it to be good. And it was good, for about half a season.

No they haven't as I just explained.
It's still good now though. Fantastic even.
MiiyoSonSep 20, 2019 5:39 AM
Sep 20, 2019 5:42 AM

Feb 2014
The misery train continues to charge ahead at full speed for poor Angela. Already a broken mess and in need of help, she had to witness her mother dying in front of her, and on the night of the awards itself. =(

Although she did make her appearance at the last minute to sing her song after she won the best new artist award, she looked completely broken, both in terms of physical appearance and her song lacked any kind of strength. Sadly, she ended up collapsing on the stage and was taken to hospital, while we hear a slightly haunting new song from her for this episode's ED. I really hope she gets on the road to recovery.

Carole & Tuesday didn't win the new artist award, to be expected, but their new song, After The Fire ft. Crystal was pretty good. Slight repetitive lyrics aside, it had a great harmony between the three singers and the beat of the song itself was satisfying, too.

Meanwhile, Jerry and been notified about what Spencer is up to with the blonde journalist. Those two guys better watch their backs now, as trouble is on its way to screw them over.

The only downside to the episode was the rather expected political jokes from the award presenter which was to be expected again. Funny, maybe, but it shows that slight arrogance that many musicians, as well as the presenters themselves, have with their political views in general. =/

Other than that, this was a great episode overall. Two episodes left now, so either of them will contain the "Magnificent 7 minutes" that starts the first 20 seconds of almost every episode to date. It'd better be good...
Sep 20, 2019 5:52 AM

Nov 2017
MiiyoSon said:
TheDopplerEffect said:

No they haven't as I just explained.
It's still good now though. Fantastic even.

Are you not listening? They met a guy who set everything up for them. This is what I'm talking about when I say they have it easy. They did what he told them to do and got progressively more popular in a short span of a year. This is not the kind of story I find enjoyable, personally. I'm glad you like it.
Sep 20, 2019 5:55 AM

Nov 2015
TheDopplerEffect said:
MiiyoSon said:

C&T didn’t have careers as easy as Angela did.

Tuesday is timid a got drunk on their 1st stage performance and the crowd hated them. Carole can't keep a job. C&T were both out of sync during the 2nd round of American idol arc because Tuesday isn't good at speaking up to people. Carole can't interact with her dad. They didn't sign the American idol contract so C&T had to work as indie artists. ertegun called their music generic without listening to it first. they write their songs themselves too. Tobe calls their music shit most of the time. they were nobodies before

Angela had it very easy in the beginning. Angela was popular before she became a singer and was super confident. She was a star already before and Tao was helping her out. She didn't have to audition for American idol because she is already a celebrity. She won American idol and signed the contract. her song “breath again” was #1 on the billboard charts while C&T “army of 2” was #48. when ertegun(a big name artist) was a judge he said Angela would be the only artist he would want to collaborate with (which he did even when he was at C&T's house and used Carole’s keyboard ).
Edit: she won the Grammys too even if she couldn’t enjoy the win.

This and the part with the black_knight stalker was probably the 1st time Angela actually struggled.
Old_School_AkiraSep 20, 2019 6:00 AM
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Sep 20, 2019 6:03 AM

Apr 2014
TheDopplerEffect said:

Are you not listening? They met a guy who set everything up for them. This is what I'm talking about when I say they have it easy. They did what he told them to do and got progressively more popular in a short span of a year.

Which is a manager's job. To get their names out there. At any point, C&T could of said "no get us a different gig" but Gus with the help of Roddy has been a dope manager for them most part. So why wouldn't they trust him?
MiiyoSonSep 20, 2019 6:10 AM
Sep 20, 2019 6:09 AM

Nov 2017
Old_School_Akira said:
TheDopplerEffect said:

C&T didn’t have careers as easy as Angela did.

Tuesday is timid a got drunk on their 1st stage performance and the crowd hated them. Carole can't keep a job. C&T were both out of sync during the 2nd round of American idol arc because Tuesday isn't good at speaking up to people. Carole can't interact with her dad. They didn't sign the American idol contract so C&T had to work as indie artists. ertegun called their music generic without listening to it first. they write their songs themselves too. Tobe calls their music shit most of the time. they were nobodies before

Angela had it very easy in the beginning. Angela was popular before she became a singer and was super confident. She was a star already before and Tao was helping her out. She didn't have to audition for American idol because she is already a celebrity. She won American idol and signed the contract. her song “breath again” was #1 on the billboard charts while C&T “army of 2” was #48. when ertegun(a big name artist) was a judge he said Angela would be the only artist he would want to collaborate with (which he did even when he was at C&T's house and used Carole’s keyboard ).
Edit: she won the Grammys too even if she couldn’t enjoy the win.

This and the part with the black_knight stalker was probably the 1st time Angela actually struggled.

I'm not saying that Angela had it hard from the beginning, although it depends on your interpretation of the text of this story. Angela's story is better because it's just a better written ark. C&T's story ended up not being quite what was advertised, imo. Similarly, Angela's story far surpassed my expectations. It even ended up being Perfect Blue-esqe, which is a good thing in my book.
One again, Angela's ark is not a strictly better version of C&T's ark, but it is a better story overall
Sep 20, 2019 6:17 AM

Apr 2014
By the way folks, this wasn't Keanu Reeves.

It's Steve Aoki, one of the music producers for the show

Sep 20, 2019 6:18 AM

Nov 2017
MiiyoSon said:
TheDopplerEffect said:

Are you not listening? They met a guy who set everything up for them. This is what I'm talking about when I say they have it easy. They did what he told them to do and got progressively more popular in a short span of a year.

Which is a manager's job. To get their names out there. At any point, C&T could of said "no get us a different gig" but Gus with the help of Roddy has been a dope manager for them most part. So why wouldn't they trust him?

Jesus, you're just walking me in circles right now.
Alright, metaphor time.
Suppose I decided to make a show about a guy with a lot of problems. The show is about him trying to solve those problems. Then, 3 episodes in, he meets a fairy with magic wand, who says that her duty is to to solve those problems with this here wand.Then she goes ahead and solves all of them. The rest of the season is just the protagonist sitting on the beach and drinking pina coladas. Sounds like a good story to you?
And if you try to complain about the fairy, I'm just gonna say "It makes sense, I mean that's what her role in the story is, she said as much herself"
This is of course an exaggeration, but I hope you can see my point now
Sep 20, 2019 6:29 AM

Apr 2014
TheDopplerEffect said:
MiiyoSon said:

Alright, metaphor time.
Suppose I decided to make a show about a guy with a lot of problems. The show is about him trying to solve those problems. Then, 3 episodes in, he meets a fairy with magic wand, who says that her duty is to to solve those problems with this here wand.Then she goes ahead and solves all of them. The rest of the season is just the protagonist sitting on the beach and drinking pina coladas. Sounds like a good story to you?
And if you try to complain about the fairy, I'm just gonna say "It makes sense, I mean that's what her role in the story is, she said as much herself"

No I don't. Where does C&T fit in that analogy man? They still had to make good music and prove themselves.
Sep 20, 2019 6:35 AM

Nov 2017
MiiyoSon said:
TheDopplerEffect said:

Alright, metaphor time.

No I don't. Where does C&T fit in that analogy man? They still had to make good music and prove themselves.

I can't with you anymore. The fairy is Gus. He decides what the girls do to prove themselves, and hires a producer to ensure their music is good. If you don't find it boring, good. You do you. For me this is not fun to watch. Which is what I was saying all this time
Sep 20, 2019 7:08 AM

Apr 2014
TheDopplerEffect said:

I can't with you anymore. The fairy is Gus. He decides what the girls do to prove themselves, and hires a producer to ensure their music is good. If you don't find it boring, good. You do you. For me this is not fun to watch. Which is what I was saying all this time

Fine,we can agree to disagree . But I'm going to say this one more time.

Gus job as a music manager is to get C&T's name out there. He's supposed to get them these gigs and handle the business side of the music industry. He's supposed to use his connections in order to get high caliber collabs like Crystal this episode.

BUT It's up to C&T to consistently make good music to keep their careers going. Without that, there is no music career to talk about. And that can't be easy as we've seen with multiple different montages throughout the show.
Sep 20, 2019 7:21 AM
Jan 2017
The last two tracks they played were the heaviest (in terms of emotional impact) that have played in the show to date.
Sep 20, 2019 9:26 AM

May 2017
huh I felt like this episode was lacking. C&T song was super blant but I guess that was on purpose to make Angela's performance stand out more, it makes sense I guess. But just in general things felt slightly off. Angela's performance could have been handled much better.
Sep 20, 2019 10:34 AM

Jan 2013
on a lighter note, that Steve Aoki cameo lol
Sep 20, 2019 9:07 PM

Jun 2009
The end with Angela....was not expecting that O_O

When Ertegun was talking about true friends, I thought he was talking about Tao but in terms of him and Angela. I guess we learned that he didn't care about Angela texting him for help.

And this doesn't feel anywhere close to the end of a story, don't know how they wrap this up in 2 episodes if there isn't going to be a 2nd season

Talim said:
Crystal is literally wearing the identical dress that Taylor Swift wore one year to the Grammy's. Looks a bit more sparkly in the anime but it's legit identical. Same shoes too, tho they're slightly cut off in the Crystal pic.

Ugh i hope that Crystal isn't supposed to be a representation of Taylor. Already starting to dislike Crystal due to the thought of that now
Sep 20, 2019 10:19 PM

Dec 2016
Very dramatic episode with the "mother" and then Angela herself at the end.

No surprise Angela won, it was always going to be a popularity contest even before Mars Brightest.

Any other year it would have been Carole & Tuesday.
Sep 21, 2019 2:57 PM
Aug 2016
For what they've shown last week, i thought that the song at the Mars Grammy would be the 7 minute miracle bla bla that they whispered on since the beginning, guess i was wrong.
Episode ending made me anxious... i honestly hope that the 7 minute song is a three way song with Angela. Let's wait and see
Sep 21, 2019 6:10 PM
Jan 2019
I pity Angela it's so sad the song is so dark
I guest Carole and Tuesday did not get the spotlight because what happened to Angela
Sep 21, 2019 6:50 PM

Jun 2013
I don't care about C&T's storyline anymore. They're already famous, they're performing with an artist they look up to but Angela is falling apart. Angela is very famous too and is an established star but there's so much that we don't know about her.

I want to know more about Tao too and if he's going to even help her at all.
臭い-
Sep 21, 2019 7:50 PM

Jul 2009
Merciless said:
The end with Angela....was not expecting that O_O

When Ertegun was talking about true friends, I thought he was talking about Tao but in terms of him and Angela. I guess we learned that he didn't care about Angela texting him for help.

And this doesn't feel anywhere close to the end of a story, don't know how they wrap this up in 2 episodes if there isn't going to be a 2nd season

Talim said:
Crystal is literally wearing the identical dress that Taylor Swift wore one year to the Grammy's. Looks a bit more sparkly in the anime but it's legit identical. Same shoes too, tho they're slightly cut off in the Crystal pic.

Ugh i hope that Crystal isn't supposed to be a representation of Taylor. Already starting to dislike Crystal due to the thought of that now

I think she's meant to just kinda represent a bunch of different big name artists honestly. I get like a Beyonce/Ariana/Taylor vibe from her.
Sep 21, 2019 7:51 PM

Oct 2009
I did not realize that cameo entrance.

“This young girl, whose small body is only half the size of mine, has taught me that tears can flow from these silver eyes.” – Teresa
Sep 22, 2019 12:13 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, this was one fabulous episode!

Carole & Tuesday have finally gotten the chance to collab with Crystal but of course it wasn't going to be easy, amazing depiction of that through trial and error. Tuesday's birthday song to Carole was really nice too, quite the thoughtful gift as well I've to say.

Awesome performance in the end though, it's incredible how their nervousness suddenly disappeared like that! No wonder why they're rocking the music industry.

Steve Aoki's little cameo though, lol. Meanwhile, it seems as though Tao is seriously up to no good and the Politics affair seems to be elevating by the episode.

Condolences to Angela though, life really is turning on her big time here! Yikes, didn't expect her Mama to pass away like that though. And who is that Prof that she murmured during her final moments, her parent? Anyway, that performance was depressing as heck and the ED perfectly resounded that, hoping to see her grab hold of herself and rise back again.

Kind of worried when the 7-minute performance from the two coming as well, with just two episodes it's hard to see a solid and satisfying conclusion in store for us.

#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 22, 2019 12:15 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
shayed__ said:
huh I felt like this episode was lacking. C&T song was super blant but I guess that was on purpose to make Angela's performance stand out more, it makes sense I guess. But just in general things felt slightly off. Angela's performance could have been handled much better.

Angela's performance was meant to be a little down than her standards to get her recent hardships and mishaps across, I reckon.

Sep 22, 2019 2:20 AM

Aug 2019
2 episode left. I know watanabe succes made a good ending for samurai champloo.create good ending even in 3 last episode. But i still worried how this series ending. I just hope it dont make me dissapointed because i want this show became something in our comunnity.
Sep 22, 2019 3:02 AM

Oct 2008
OHEHMGEE! Angela fainted! to bad her "mama" passed away.
performance by C&T plus Crystal on the Grammy was pretty excellent!
Why Tao wasn't there for Angela?
i hope when Angela's fine and awakes, C&T would both be here for her...since they are thei RIVAL!
5/5.

Sep 22, 2019 5:53 AM

Dec 2015
Damn, what an episode. Angela is strong, going to the awards even though so much has happened to her in such a short amount of time. Both her and C&T's song was nice, I enjoyed both of them. The ending was different, I liked it.
Sep 22, 2019 6:54 AM

May 2017
_MushiRock11_ said:
shayed__ said:

Angela's performance was meant to be a little down than her standards to get her recent hardships and mishaps across, I reckon.

What I meant was directorial wise. Not the performance the acting or the song but just the way they executed the scene
Sep 22, 2019 7:00 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
shayed__ said:
What I meant was directorial wise. Not the performance the acting or the song but just the way they executed the scene

Right, I sort of agree with that.

Sep 22, 2019 11:33 AM

Nov 2014
C&T's song this eps has too much repetition, the climax isn't exciting enough. It didn't give me goosebumps like their first few songs

Ezekiel deserves to win.

And I hope Angela's okay. It's really starting to feel as if she's the main character lol

SouthRzVa said:
And by the way, Ertegun talking about true friends and naming Tao instead of my boy Roddy is pure bulllshit.

Roddy is the best bro. Ertegun has forgotten how much Roddy has helped him.
Or he could just be doing it for show because he's in public and he needs to say something about Tao
Sep 22, 2019 12:41 PM

Jul 2016
ttcchen said:
SouthRzVa said:
And by the way, Ertegun talking about true friends and naming Tao instead of my boy Roddy is pure bulllshit.

Roddy is the best bro. Ertegun has forgotten how much Roddy has helped him.
Or he could just be doing it for show because he's in public and he needs to say something about Tao

Still, after naming Tao, he could have dedicated a few words to him at least :P
Sep 22, 2019 5:12 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
This episode was perhaps too much for me right now. Maybe I should wait a month or so until I watch the next one for now. I really hope Angela can recover. Please.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Sep 22, 2019 9:47 PM

Sep 2017
Man those lyrics were so on point to Angela's current position. It really was uncomfortable to listen to. Maybe I'm just tricking myself, but I feel like I could really hear the pain in her voice. A pretty eerie end credit sequence as well.

This was a good ep, but I'm wondering how tf they will wrap all this up in two eps. We gotta fix Angela, release C&Ts album, and then the mountain of politics. I guess the stuff Tao/reporter guy dig up should be enough to kill Tuesdays Moms campaign, but are we gonna get any resolution between the two?
Sep 23, 2019 4:27 AM

May 2009
Angela only character to be actually interesting.
I would've preferred the show to be entirely about her and scrap Carole & Tuesday entirely.
Great ending scene. Very emotional and totally working, at least to what I think.
Yes I do think the show is bad still and I will watch to the end nonetheless.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Sep 23, 2019 5:30 PM

Jun 2015
woah i thought we were finally to the miraculous seven minutes but it took a twist real fast. the way the last five minutes of this episode was executed was amazing in a directorial stance, i love how this show is showing a darker side of music.
i like carole & tuesday, but now i'm more interested in angela's storyline
Sep 23, 2019 10:01 PM

Feb 2015
Carole and Tuesday started to write a song for their presentation with Crystal, and after some days, she accepted their song. Tao is hacking a government office. Jerry’s AI detected that Kyle is investigating his business and that Spencer works with him. Dahlia finally passed away, Angela got really affected and Mars Grammy’s administration was nervous due to the doubt about Angela’s assistance. Carole & Tuesday performed on stage with Crystal, Ertegun presented the new artist grammy, Angela won it and performed her song, suddenly she fainted (she got hospitalized).

Now their song felt kind of good, not great, but good. Angela’s song felt empty, like a bunch of dark feelings mixed.
Sep 24, 2019 5:04 AM

Oct 2013
Thiss is what I was talking about on the last episode thread: music being used to convey character emotion and development. I've been largely apathetic to Angela's arc over the show, but she shone here, and the episode setting on her was the right decision. The close out of the lone microphone reminds me of Selena.

If this isn't getting a sequel either in the form of a movie or second season, I suspect a vaguely open ending in the style of Cowboy Bebop. Not everything has to be resolved; some questions are best left to the audiences' imaginations and interpretations.

The next two episodes are going to be either really good or really bad.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 24, 2019 7:57 AM

May 2018
I kinda wish Angela was the main character. Her personality and and arc is far more interesting to me than Car and Tues.
Sep 24, 2019 10:57 AM
Nov 2018
I like Ertegun presentation in this ep " Music coexisted with humanity since ancient times. People's souls have always craved great music. It's always been invaluable to us. It's not something that should be bound by some silly laws and virtues that someone made up"
That just added more weight to that angela's song and will also to the things that will happen in next episodes I guess.
I thought that Ertegun was gonna say something like " I think, therefore I'm Ertegun." :P

Today listening to their songs evoke some of my memories as well...

There's nothing wrong with Ertegun's thanking to Tao and calling him a good friend cuz Tao actually helped him. But yeah, he should have mentioned Roddy name as well. ;-;
Tao's focusing on something else and he might have a good enough reason for not replying Angela messages. But Angela, she's not been doing well since the beginning, problem after problem. And now, even her mama's dead. She collapsed and there is no one besides her. Everything went so dark for her and she's in a complete despair. And her song portrayed about it very well.
saengdao said:
woah i thought we were finally to the miraculous seven minutes but it took a twist real fast. the way the last five minutes of this episode was executed was amazing in a directorial stance, i love how this show is showing a darker side of music.
i like carole & tuesday, but now i'm more interested in angela's storyline

I agree, it's good to see the portrayal of both sides. And angela is a more interesting character than C&T. I Hope we get some great song from the remaining eps. :)
Yasuhiro-Sep 24, 2019 11:21 AM

"Self respect is the greatest gift we can give to our self"

Sep 24, 2019 11:48 AM
Jul 2018
Beautiful song. I really liked their performance.

I'm feeling terrible sorry for Angela. :/
Sep 26, 2019 7:58 AM

Nov 2016
All the shit Angela went through took a toll on her body and mind, only the will to perform and maybe "something" else gave her the strength to hold out a bit longer. Despite all that I can't really say that I feel bad for her.

It still has gotten a bit more interesting and the songs were nice.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 28, 2019 11:05 AM

Dec 2014
ok the fall out of angela was truly something.... I guess two episodes to go
Sep 30, 2019 11:21 PM
Aug 2018
ShiningLion said:
There is so much in this episode that disturbed me. I was disgusted watching all the Mars celebrities sit there cracking political jokes and basically using Carole & Tuesday as puppets to try to push their political views when the girls don't even fully understand their place in that or why Crystal wanted them to sing that kind of song. I feel like the industry is using them, and it's irregardless of whether their political views are justified or not. It's just petty to sit there cracking political jabs at a candidate while people within their own industry like Angela were suffering through so much with no support (so ironic too since she's the new artist of the year and the talk of the industry), and of course there are seemingly victims of poverty and the political climate as well who aren't mentioned and don't have a voice. It really feels like it shows the privilege of celebrity elites to be able to sit at their fancy, elaborate awards shows in expensive clothing and make cracks about the world while outside people suffer. Meanwhile, Angela seems to have written her own song for the first time. It feels like a bit of a role reversal, where she was the one being used by the industry previously but now Carole and Tuesday are.

I don't know if the After the Fire was really meant to come off as having been truly inspirational or what we were supposed to feel. A big problem I have with this show is I often can't tell what it is we're supposed to be feeling. Were my feelings of disgust toward the elites intended? Or were we supposed to be moved and feel all these artists are inspiring the world? It's hard to, when in real life and in Hollywood there is so much hypocrisy and lip service. Anyway, the song was really generic and I didn't care for it. Angela's Light a Fire is more moving to me. Her performance on this episode was haunting and beautiful as well. I prefer it over C&T's.

And on that note, this really has become "The Angela Show". To me, it feels like Carole & Tuesday aren't even the main characters in regards to the show's writing. Angela is way more fleshed out as a character and has more believable and dynamic struggles. C&T just sort of float through everything with lots of luck, support, and coincidences on their side, and almost no consequences to them personally when they have failures. Everyone else around them gets hurt, but they rarely do, and when they do, it's resolved too quickly (like Cybele's attack or Valerie kidnapping Tuesday) or over something trivial (like Tuesday's poorly established crush on the reporter).

Idk what to think. I'm not expecting a lot from the ending, but I am very glad the show has shifted to focus so much on Angela because she has been the most compelling character in this show since midway through the first arc. I clapped when she won the award. She deserves it. I do still hope that in the end she becomes friends with C&T and collaborates with them. I get what C&T are supposed to represent: hope, new energy, creativity, faith in yourself, ability to inspire others, etc. but as characters they are still so stereotypical and not as complex as ones like Angela.

I've been predicting the 7 Minute Miracle will also involve Angela in some way as a plot twist, but now that she's laid up I don't know. I also predict that the final episode's title will be "Imagine" by John Lennon, or something similar. Just throwing out some guesses. I REALLY can't wait for this show to end b/c so much of the messaging has felt vague or gray that I want to know where they're going with all this

P.S. Lol Keanu Reeves cameo

YES!!! THANK YOU DUDE!!! I also think there's a kind of a double standard, and that the series has been pretty gray on its messages, but I'm actually loving it all the more for it. I've heard some people say that it breaks the rule of "show, don't tell" but the fact that the series isn't recognizing the hypocresy in all of the situation in this episode makes me think otherwise. In fact, I feel is done completly on purpose. Crystal said that some artists write songs about how the world truly is, but she wanted to make a light in the darkness. In a way, I feel like the episode showed how C&T's song was a light in the darkness, and how everyone in the public was pleased about it. They're lucky. They're in there. They want to keep living in they're little fantasy, so a "light in the darkness" is just fine for them. Is merely escapism.
But Angelas song is that "song that shows the world as it truly is". Is the final song of the episode. It seems less a product for commertiality and more of a personal lyrics, because it totally is. is the one that affects you the most as an espectator, and it makes people in the public uneasy. And maybe that's what art should do. I know this isn't the ending, but maybe that's the message. I don't know how are they going to close the story off, but I certainly cant wait, because I completely believe that all that this episode made me feel and think was intended that way. This is turning up to be a damn great anime.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2019

77 by Shikkakku »»
Yesterday, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2019

85 by Shikkakku »»
Yesterday, 7:37 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

81 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 22, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2019

134 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 21, 8:52 PM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2019

101 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 20, 8:51 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.