Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 17, 2019 8:04 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
A television anime adaptation of Kagiji Kumanomata's Maou-jou de Oyasumi (Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle) manga was announced in this year's 42nd issue of Weekly Shounen Sunday on Wednesday.

Synopsis
A captured princess just wants a good night's sleep!

Imprisoned in the castle of the Demon King, all spoiled-sweet Princess Syalis dreams of is a good night's sleep! Shhh...

Kidnapped by the Demon King and imprisoned in his castle, Princess Syalis is...bored.

She decides to while away the hours by sleeping, but getting a good night's rest turns out to be a lot of work! She begins by fashioning a DIY pillow out of the fur of her Teddy Demon guards and an "air mattress" from the magical Shield of the Wind. The princess's hapless demonic guards soon discover that their captive expects to be treated like, well, a princess. Things go from bad to worse—for her captors—when some of Princess Syalis's schemes end in her untimely—if temporary—demise and she chooses the Forbidden Grimoire for her bedtime reading... (Source: VIZ Media)

The comedy fantasy manga began its serialization in Weekly Shounen Sunday in May 2016. Shogakukan published the 11th volume on May 17, and the 12th volume on Wednesday.

VIZ Media licensed the anime in English in September 2017 and shipped the eighth volume on August 13. The ninth volume is scheduled for an October 8 release.

Source: Comic Natalie

Maou-jou de Oyasumi on MAL

Sep 17, 2019 8:10 AM

Jun 2014
I can't be the only one that wants to see Doga Kobo being in charge of the anime, right?
:3
Sep 17, 2019 8:14 AM

Nov 2011
alpha_shadow said:
I can't be the only one that wants to see Doga Kobo being in charge of the anime, right?

It's likely.

Every chapter is also short so they'll probably animate this with skit-like stories in half length format.
Sep 17, 2019 8:55 AM

Nov 2014
alpha_shadow said:

Oh yes, that'd be perfect. And tbh I wouldn't be surprised if it was them.
Sep 17, 2019 9:32 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
alpha_shadow said:

It's got to be Doga Koba!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 17, 2019 10:31 AM

Sep 2009
Lerche with its comedy-oriented staff is also a decent choice but somwe of DogaKobo teams is indeed preferrable.
Sep 17, 2019 10:32 AM
Jul 2018
meh another stupid premise isekai with loli, I hope the protagonist is half as good as Naofumi, because otherwise I'm not interested.
Sep 17, 2019 10:47 AM

Mar 2014
Sounds good, looking forward to this.
Sep 17, 2019 11:08 AM

Jun 2015
patormov said:
meh another stupid premise isekai with loli, I hope the protagonist is half as good as Naofumi, because otherwise I'm not interested.

This isn't even a isekai and there's no male protagonist. It's just pure comedy.
Sep 17, 2019 11:13 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
patormov said:

Not every fantasy anime are isekai dude.

This one is just a simple fantasy anime.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 17, 2019 1:03 PM

Jan 2015
Oh my god YES, this manga is fantastic
Sep 17, 2019 1:31 PM
Jan 2018
patormov said:

Demon King = instant Isekai .... Ok /s and the MC is female
Sep 17, 2019 1:33 PM
Jul 2018
Ottes said:
patormov said:

This isn't even a isekai and there's no male protagonist. It's just pure comedy.
patormov said:
Its main premise is more of a comedy and fantasy, it is not Isekai.
Sep 17, 2019 1:38 PM

Mar 2015
Mattinator95 said:
patormov said:

It's more like parody on classic JRPG (with "evil" Demon King and "brave" stupid Hero, which one trying to save captive princess).

I'll already can predict some whining about plot, which don't developing much, like: "Does princess will do anything, besides finding a way to pleasantly sleep?".
TlahuizcapanteSep 17, 2019 1:51 PM
Sep 17, 2019 4:58 PM

Mar 2015
patormov said:

>it's not isekai
>this fucker princess is more brutal, heartless, badass, and merciless than naofumi ever was... naofumi is a pussy...

genocide princess is here boys! get ready to do body count!
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 17, 2019 7:06 PM

Dec 2014
YOOOOSHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! YES! FINALLY!!! *Dancing naked in my room... don't ask questions* ... I've been waiting this. I always get this nice feeling, when a manga I follow since the first chapter launches gets an anime. I waited 4 years for this... damn... I can't believe it's been 4 years already. I was still a NEET when this started, lol.
Sep 17, 2019 10:58 PM

Jan 2011
Finally we can see Princess animated.
Sep 17, 2019 11:47 PM

Jul 2015
So a parody/fantasy about a cruel princess
looks fun
Sep 18, 2019 5:19 AM
Jan 2018
Tlahuizcapante said:
Mattinator95 said:

It's more like parody on classic JRPG (with "evil" Demon King and "brave" stupid Hero, which one trying to save captive princess).

I'll already can predict some whining about plot, which don't developing much, like: "Does princess will do anything, besides finding a way to pleasantly sleep?".

Lol most likely . I can see the anime airing either spring or summer next year
Sep 18, 2019 12:10 PM
Sep 2018
This is definitely something to look forward too. I've been reading a chapter each night before I go to sleep for the past few months. It's been surprising relaxing for how brutal the MC is.
Sep 18, 2019 2:54 PM
Jul 2018
Kuma said:
patormov said:

>it's not isekai
>this fucker princess is more brutal, heartless, badass, and merciless than naofumi ever was... naofumi is a pussy...

this is a joke? What can a dumb princess do to be better than the most badass and best developed hero of any Isekai or fantasy anime?
Sep 18, 2019 2:58 PM
Jul 2018
Mattinator95 said:

Is OTHER parody again? What is the joke or innovative element this time? because there are many parodies and they are all bad. None parody of fantasy except konosuba is decent
Sep 18, 2019 5:35 PM

Mar 2015
patormov said:
Kuma said:

>it's not isekai

this is a joke? What can a dumb princess do to be better than the most badass and best developed hero of any Isekai or fantasy anime?

let me tell you the tale of Aurora Suya Rhys Kaymin
>her bed is too hard, she hunting bed sheet ghost, decapitated it, then sleep above it headless corpse
>tired of noises disturb your sleep? yo just stole coffin then waxed it with the blood of slime you just kill with.
>wait, sleeping in the coffins is good but it's revival place and oftenly carried back to the curch? simply, go kill herself. easy peasy
>your back hurts because the bed is too hard? lets obliterate legendary shield using diamond demon used as blackjacks to smash everything into pieces to made floating bad.
>because princess suya died too often, demon give him absolute protection buff. what princess do? she searching the most extreme way to dies just se she can get peaceful sleep in the coffin. one of them is eating the head of a monster and she didn't even blink it
>your body is stiff and you want electric therapy but thunder dragon lightning too powerful? kill rubber demon, use it's boneless body as armor, then enjoy electrocution in the perfect length to make it long enough so she can sleep in bliss before die
>she tamed the weakest demon race in the demon castle, turn it into most powerful slave army in demon kingdom ever witness just so she can harvest it fur.
>she put the whole demon king castle under sleep curse just se he can exhaust her mana so it can make her sleep by tiredness

we are talking about a princess who are willing to massacre human or monster alike if they ever disturb her sleep and she didn't hesitant to get it even it cost lives.

She maxed her stats by crafting and become the most powerful being in the world that put the whole demon kingdom fear in terror.

naofumi? more like naofushit. he can't even keep his revenge plot straight.
KumaSep 18, 2019 5:40 PM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 19, 2019 2:12 PM

Mar 2014
Lots of hot takes there, folks.

>All medieval fantasy anime is now isekai; JRPG elements are isekai elements now

Imagine being this wrong.
Dragon Quest: Dai no Dabouken and Mahoujin Guru Guru are now isekais. /not

the most badass and best developed hero of any Isekai or fantasy anime?

1-Not a hard feat on the isekai part, as 90% of the rivals are cardboards.

2-Not true, as you included fantasy overall (Berserk is a Dark FANTASY, which is fantasy anyways, not to mention Lodoss).
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Sep 19, 2019 4:48 PM

Mar 2015
Fabris said:
Lots of hot takes there, folks.

>All medieval fantasy anime is now isekai; JRPG elements are isekai elements now

Imagine being this wrong.
Dragon Quest: Dai no Dabouken and Mahoujin Guru Guru are now isekais. /not

the most badass and best developed hero of any Isekai or fantasy anime?

1-Not a hard feat on the isekai part, as 90% of the rivals are cardboards.

2-Not true, as you included fantasy overall (Berserk is a Dark FANTASY, which is fantasy anyways, not to mention Lodoss).

not even most badass in isekai series since Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari made 10 years ago.

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 8 hours ago

13 by RobertBobert »»
12 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

94 by Noy_Rican »»
57 minutes ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
10 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.