Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Sep 17, 2019 3:18 PM
Nov 2017
Lawren222 said:
TheCommoner said:
Attack on Titan has tons of terrible things happen in it and it is still labeled a shounen. Hunter X Hunter has some fantastically brutal scenes in it and it is still a shounen. Violence and depravity do not really define a seinen, rather it is a piece of the definition. The quality of the writing and the depth of philosophical musing is usually what separates the two genres. And you are right for the most part on seinen not really resembling the previous decades. You can clearly see how the genre has changed with the new adaption of Legend of the Galactic Hereos for example. I am not holding my breath for seinen to be like the past.

That being said, Vinland Saga feels like it sits in this awkward middle ground of the two genres. We do have quite a few slower contemplative moments and episode. I don't think the philosophy presented here is all that ground breaking or deep but it is a breath of fresh air compared to other shows recently. I have not read the manga so I cannot comment on where the series is going but I am certainly enjoying it.
You are right that there are plenty of violent shonen but your technically wrong on what defines rather something is a shonen or senien. Its not about the writing,Shonen and Senien are not genres, they are demographics. Weather a work is shonen or senien just depends on the magazine it's in( if said magazine is aimed at teens or adults and "adult" does not equal mature in all cases). There are work that get the senien label that are more childish then some work that get the shonen label. If the mangaka of Attack on Titan or HunterxHunter had wanted thier work to be senien, they could've chosen to do so( Attack on Titan was too dark for shonen jump ,when offered it they passed on it and the latest manga arc of HxH could definitely do fine in a senien magazine many adults have trouble following it let alone teens). Jo Jo Bizarre Adventure and Vindland Saga here both did began in a shonen magazine before switching to a senien one, for JoJo the switch wasn't tell part 7,HunterxHunter is "adult" enough now it could've made a similar switch if Togashi wanted but given his great deal with jump of course he does not.

Yes, but every magazine has it's own editor, and for some reason shonen magazine love to make the author made the main character annoying. Just look at Eren for example. Isiyama probably doesn't want Eren to be like what he was in the beginning, but he wanted to get published in shonen magazine, so he had no choice. Togashi as well, it seems like he doesn't really care about Gon, he probably wanted Kurapika to be the main protagonist in the first place, knowing he seems like the most important character in HxH. That's probably the reason why everyone seperate what is Shonen and what is Seinen, because every Shonen is pretty similar. Not saying Vinland is Shonen, but it was Shonen. Good god the author switch the magazine to Seinen.
Sep 17, 2019 7:52 PM
Jun 2015
Elucid said:
TheCommoner said:
This really just feels like a shonen with decent writing. Once I let go of the notion that this was supposed to be a true seinen I started enjoying it a lot more.

- Corpse of a husband and wife holding hands on the ground
- Brutal fight to the death between comrades over a mere insult
- A man's head is decapitated without any warning
- A village most slaughtered just for a mere Viking camp.
- Historical dialogue regarding the Romans and the Saxons
- All the other mature scenes that happened episodes before

bUt nO, oVeR tHe tOP aCtIOn = sHoUneN
No, I'll admit that this isn't true Seinen. True Seinen has been long gone for years, however that doesn't ignore the fact that this anime still covers heavy subjects. This ain't Shonen.
So its....a Sheinen! XD
Sep 17, 2019 9:43 PM

Jul 2016
Good episode. Thorkell is a fun guy. Askeladd betrayed the king? Prince Canute is captured. To the next episode

Sep 18, 2019 4:05 PM

Oct 2016
Of course, the weak prince got almost all of his troops, just as expected. That's what happens when you stay all day bowing before a stick instead of tending to your troops. He and the idiot "Ragnar" got lucky that Thorkell didn't kill them on the spot. I hope he has something fun in mind, but Canute's seems to have rotten for so long that there won't ve any redemption for him, thankfully. National traitors (high treason) perpetrators shouldn't get second chances.
Sep 18, 2019 5:29 PM

Sep 2017
very intrigued to see more of prince Canute and also see how Askeladd is gonna fight and win against Thorkell. the guy is a beast. their motives regarding fighting are definitely different. Thorfinn clearly misses his family,especially his father which is totally reasonable. i just hope he finds his way back home soon.
Sep 18, 2019 9:14 PM

May 2009
TheCommoner said:
This really just feels like a shonen with decent writing. Once I let go of the notion that this was supposed to be a true seinen I started enjoying it a lot more.

There is no such thing as true seinen and writing has nothing to do with being shounen or seinen. Those are just demographics of magazine where manga was published. VS was in Weekly Shounen Magazine until chapter that was adapted in 8th episode and after that it moved to monthly Afternoon magazine which is seinen.
Sep 19, 2019 2:21 AM
Jan 2019
the prince got held. for some reason, he really looks like a girl but I hope there's some reason for it I wish he's not a trap

that was educational word from Askeladd I guess that's what you get when you got older
Sep 19, 2019 4:42 AM

Apr 2018
Finally the new episode is up. Damn Thorkell is really strong. Canute is quite the mysterious person. I thought he was really strong but we haven't seen him fight yet. Looks like they will face Thorkell for real this time; looking forward for the rematch of Thorfinn and Thorkell
AcceleratorAngel said:
Sad that they cut put the r*pe the scene where thorfinn wakes up and see the vikings take a village girl and raping her, showing how little throfinn really cares abt heroic deeds and how far he is from his fathers ideals.
what chapter lmao
Sep 19, 2019 6:47 AM
Nov 2018
Amazing how a mostly contemplative episode can be so exciting to watch. That conversation between Askeladd and Thorfinn was one of the best in anime world. Askeladd knows that things come and go, and that he too will pass away. But he will "go out with a bang," be the greatest he can be before the end. He will be remembered, and that was the important part for a Viking.

From Havamal:

Cattle die, kinsmen die, and so shall you die too
One thing I know that never dies
The fame of a dead man's deeds
Sep 19, 2019 7:10 AM
Nov 2018
Gigguk just made a video about Vinland Saga. Great comment in the comment section:

"So far Japan has more respect for European history than its own people, I'm looking at you BBC"

(BBC showing Dr. Who traveling back to historical London, which is full of Black noblemen and Asian women in fine clothing. "History is a whitewash," he scoffs. That's BBC.)

Even greater comment in the comment section:

"If you want somebody to watch this anime just tell him it's about a regular boy who's transported to a Viking world!"
Sep 19, 2019 8:01 AM

Dec 2017
I just can't comprehend how some people would compare this series to Goblin Slayer, while the latter clearly showed rape scenes here and there just for the sake of being edgy. (smh)

olaoshabu said:
RainyShadow said:

Personally - it's not hype for Ylva, just hate for Thorfuckn...

Also, the story is boring.

I get it that some people hate Thorfin for not giving the hype shit they need, not being cold blood, or say rational and badass that allows them to project themselves, but that will be a different genre.

It is like watching a kid streaming ur favourite game and u flame on every mistake he made, but this is really not neccesary, for the kid is only a 6-year-old and you might done worse at his age. It is boring to watch if you are expecting a lot of 'badass element' usually find in isekai genre, but that doesn't mean the story itself is boring.
Exactly the reason why I avoid isekai LOL
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 19, 2019 8:21 AM

May 2013
electromagneto said:
I just can't comprehend how some people would compare this series to Goblin Slayer, while the latter clearly showed rape scenes here and there just for the sake of being edgy. (smh)

olaoshabu said:

I get it that some people hate Thorfin for not giving the hype shit they need, not being cold blood, or say rational and badass that allows them to project themselves, but that will be a different genre.

It is like watching a kid streaming ur favourite game and u flame on every mistake he made, but this is really not neccesary, for the kid is only a 6-year-old and you might done worse at his age. It is boring to watch if you are expecting a lot of 'badass element' usually find in isekai genre, but that doesn't mean the story itself is boring.
Exactly the reason why I avoid isekai LOL

I'm not an isekai fan either, but I'm fine with people who watch isekai, and I understand the fun they're looking for. However, some people get too spoiled by isekai anime that they can't tolerate any 'flaw' or 'weakness' in a protaganist, nor can they bear their failure no matter if there is a good reason for it or not.
Sep 19, 2019 9:43 AM

Jul 2015
mohrip said:
Lawren222 said:
You are right that there are plenty of violent shonen but your technically wrong on what defines rather something is a shonen or senien. Its not about the writing,Shonen and Senien are not genres, they are demographics. Weather a work is shonen or senien just depends on the magazine it's in( if said magazine is aimed at teens or adults and "adult" does not equal mature in all cases). There are work that get the senien label that are more childish then some work that get the shonen label. If the mangaka of Attack on Titan or HunterxHunter had wanted thier work to be senien, they could've chosen to do so( Attack on Titan was too dark for shonen jump ,when offered it they passed on it and the latest manga arc of HxH could definitely do fine in a senien magazine many adults have trouble following it let alone teens). Jo Jo Bizarre Adventure and Vindland Saga here both did began in a shonen magazine before switching to a senien one, for JoJo the switch wasn't tell part 7,HunterxHunter is "adult" enough now it could've made a similar switch if Togashi wanted but given his great deal with jump of course he does not.

Yes, but every magazine has it's own editor, and for some reason shonen magazine love to make the author made the main character annoying. Just look at Eren for example. Isiyama probably doesn't want Eren to be like what he was in the beginning, but he wanted to get published in shonen magazine, so he had no choice. Togashi as well, it seems like he doesn't really care about Gon, he probably wanted Kurapika to be the main protagonist in the first place, knowing he seems like the most important character in HxH. That's probably the reason why everyone seperate what is Shonen and what is Seinen, because every Shonen is pretty similar. Not saying Vinland is Shonen, but it was Shonen. Good god the author switch the magazine to Seinen.
Literally no proof about that Eren comment
Sup...
Sep 19, 2019 10:29 AM

Oct 2013
Quite calm, yet funny of tension episode.

Thorfinn is turning more and more into a cringelord, lol.

Askeladd was awesome. While I disliked him at first, now he is my favorite character in the show. I like his philosophical moments. It would be cool to see more of them.
Sep 19, 2019 11:06 AM

Feb 2019
Adnash93 said:
Quite calm, yet funny of tension episode.

Thorfinn is turning more and more into a cringelord, lol.

Askeladd was awesome. While I disliked him at first, now he is my favorite character in the show. I like his philosophical moments. It would be cool to see more of them.

>Calls Thorfinn a cringelord
>Has Goku in his favs
Yeh, right.
Sep 19, 2019 12:44 PM

Oct 2013
NotFred said:

>Has Goku in his favs
Yeh, right.

Stop, citizen! Greentexting doesn't work here! ;p

Goku is specific, but he is not a cringelord per se. Even if he was, is it wrong to like that sort of characters?
What's more, I ain't mad or something, but please see the difference between becoming a cringelord (having several cringy moments) and actually being a cringelord (having above 90% of screen time covered in cringe). The latter's perfect example is Hajime from Arifureta.

I shouldn't have defended Thorfinn in another thread as not essentially cringe character. It's easier to rage upon other people's posts about a cartoon on the Internet forum.
Sep 19, 2019 12:53 PM

Aug 2019
Hegar said:

(BBC showing Dr. Who traveling back to historical London, which is full of Black noblemen and Asian women in fine clothing. "History is a whitewash," he scoffs. That's BBC.)

Even greater comment in the comment section:

"If you want somebody to watch this anime just tell him it's about a regular boy who's transported to a Viking world!"

The BBC are fast becoming state-run propaganda. I don't take them seriously anymore. They had a video out recently which was supposed to be educational, which depicted a TYPICAL British family during Roman times, and they had a black dude as the head of the family. Considering 99%+ of British people back then were white, it was very un-typical.

Anyway, I digress.
Sep 19, 2019 1:15 PM

Jul 2014
Well the talk about the romans hyped me up, can't wait to see Thorfinn cutting that blonde geezer's head
Sep 19, 2019 1:21 PM

Apr 2016
Ok episode. To be honest I’m feeling less invested in this than I was at the start, I don’t know why but probably it’s because I wanted the story goes in a different way.
Sep 19, 2019 2:56 PM

Mar 2010
This episode was more beautiful than usually?
All the nature scenes just made me so impressed. Oh my.

I just loved that also the past was mentioned.
This is getting better and better.
Sep 20, 2019 12:24 AM
Apr 2013
Daniel_Naumov said:
najumobi said:

Vinland Saga is modeled after the Icelandic Sagas. While those sagas contained exploits of historical figures that match other historical records, many of those exploits are exaggerated. By the time some sagas were written, many accomplishments were inflated after years of constant retelling, to the point where you could consider some sagas part-historical record and part-works of fiction. (i.e. Saga of Ragnar Lothbrok).

If you are really trying to support the "saga" excuse, then how come in this epic, in this saga only Thors and Thorkell, from a pool of about 20 characters, fit into this? Were they not conventionally "overpowered" to propel the story in the needed way the author envisioned, no matter the cost of the quality? I believe so.

I don't get your hangup, it's not any different than any not-so-historical samurai anime. This just happens to be about westerners.

But anyway, I skimmed through a lot of that dream sequence in the first half, just wasn't all that compelling to me. Still enjoying the series a lot overall though.
Sep 20, 2019 12:36 AM
Nov 2017
SenpaiJay98 said:
mohrip said:

Almost all of AoT world is seinen, except for Eren, and now he just change. If Isiyama can make a great protagonist like Eren now a days, why did he make him a bad written character in the first place and then immediately turn him into the best character in the series if it's not because of "the editor" and to get published in shonen magazine?
Sep 20, 2019 4:24 AM
Jul 2009
mohrip said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

Almost all of AoT world is seinen, except for Eren, and now he just change. If Isiyama can make a great protagonist like Eren now a days, why did he make him a bad written character in the first place and then immediately turn him into the best character in the series if it's not because of "the editor" and to get published in shonen magazine?

And that is still your opinion. You want to believe that, good for you. But aint nobody will give a shit without any concrete proof
Sep 20, 2019 10:26 AM

Oct 2017
mohrip said:
Lawren222 said:

Hardly especially how the story has been setup Eren being that way was a boom to the overall theme of the story and plot. You can't just have late Eren without his early self. It would lose the impact. It was necessary for Eren to start that way. Same way for Thorfinn. It's fine to not like arcs like that but it's hard to not see what the authors had in mind. I personally even liked Eren back in his early days in Clash of the Titans (S2) because I kinda saw what Isayama was doing with his character. While he initially did have some confusion exactly what he wanted to use Eren for (a statement that I am a little suspect on considering recent events) other comments do indicate that no Isayama did plan for Eren to eventually undertake this arc and to build upon his character. Thorfinn's whole character arc was planned from the vary beginning if you read comments from Yukimura.

People need to stop getting hanged up on simple demographic terms it doesn't really mean as much as people attribute to it in the grand scheme of things. Shonen are not similar. And before you crucify me on being pendantic on the whole they are demographics if you aren't going to use them properly stop using them. Just say revenge driven MC or idealistic white knight. At least just say battle shonen because you can kinda call that a genre.

Seinen have characters like this as well. I am reading Kingdom and Shin fits the mold of a character you might find in many action shonen's but it is one of the more notable seinen manga out there. It's better to just describe it hey the MC is a might over mind adventure seeking MC than saying it's a shonen MC. I mean even in classic action adventure shonen it would be ridiculous to compare Ed to Luffy or say take Emma and Light. They have overall tropes and trends but you can say that about any demographic better to just describe the characters and genre. Something does not get better because it's seinen it's just a demographic term that has it's own trends and tropes.
BilboBaggins365Sep 20, 2019 10:38 AM
Sep 20, 2019 10:42 AM

Jul 2015
mohrip said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

That's what I said, I said that their is literally no proof that happened, you're just making a assumption out of thin air
Sup...
Sep 20, 2019 8:27 PM

Apr 2018
Damn what a nightmare Thorfinn just had! Also, the Ragnorak chapter is here!
Sep 20, 2019 10:20 PM

Apr 2018
The fuck? People still complaining about thors and thorkell being overpowered?

Anyway very good episode. 10/11
Sep 21, 2019 4:22 AM

Feb 2019
Adnash93 said:
NotFred said:

>Has Goku in his favs
Yeh, right.

Stop, citizen! Greentexting doesn't work here! ;p

Goku is specific, but he is not a cringelord per se. Even if he was, is it wrong to like that sort of characters?
What's more, I ain't mad or something, but please see the difference between becoming a cringelord (having several cringy moments) and actually being a cringelord (having above 90% of screen time covered in cringe). The latter's perfect example is Hajime from Arifureta.

I shouldn't have defended Thorfinn in another thread as not essentially cringe character. It's easier to rage upon other people's posts about a cartoon on the Internet forum.

I always thought that Goku was cringe. The way he communicates and his decisions. I mean that may be part of his charm for others, but I always needed to cringe when I was watching him. Also it's ok if ya like Goku. Just thought it was ironic for me.
Sep 21, 2019 7:41 PM

Oct 2008
Another cool episode!
was badass the moment Askeladd chopped the head of that survivor!
5/5.

Sep 21, 2019 8:16 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Beautifully directed episode, not to mention the gorgeous piano pieces throughout the episode.

This episode really makes you realize the egregious things these vikings have done to innocent villages. I hope they all meet a painful end. But Askeladd again sheds wisdom on the fact that even the strongest will fall in time. I hate the guy, but you have to respect him.

The dream sequence is the life Thorfinn wanted for him, his family, and his village. A place of peace, plenty, and warmth. It's clear that even he knows his father would disapprove of the path he's lead, and that his mother and sister are still waiting for him to come home. I wonder when Leif Erickson will make a return? He's still on the hunt for Thorfinn isn't he?

I'm interested to see what happens with the Prince, who has said nothing so far, and Thorkell. I'd almost like to think that Thorfinn, the Prince, and Thorkell all team up for their own crew against Askeladd. But I've purposefully kept myself in the dark for this one, so we'll see what happens.
Sep 22, 2019 1:27 AM

Jun 2013
I had a feeling people were going to talk about the rape scene that they cut out. For the anime-onlys, in the manga, there was a rape scene involving one woman and several men. Thorfinn didn't take part in it but he didn't stop it either, he just stepped out with the woman pleading for help with her eyes.

I guess I understand why some people would be upset. It would make Thorfinn a really bad guy in the eyes of some people for him walking out and not helping her. Anyways, let's just put it this way, Thorfinn isn't perfect, he didn't actually have a normal childhood either. He had a normal one before he snuck off into his father's boat and witnessed him get murdered. After that, his mind has been set on revenge and that clouded a lot of things for him. Prepare to hate him a lot. I don't think Thorfinn is a good person, he's simply the protagonist of the story and we are seeing his life unfold and the people he meets and this huge war they're in.

Personally, my favorite is Thorkell and Askeladd. Thorkell is a crazy motherfucker and has probably killed the most people in this series but he's just awesome. I can't explain it and I don't think I need to. Askeladd is also a badass character. Is he a good person? Absolutely fucking not and neither is Thorkell but even Thors, the awesome great person that he was, was also not pure. He had to kill a lot of people too.
臭い-
Sep 22, 2019 11:55 AM

May 2015
poor little messanger. beheaaded like a bitch.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 22, 2019 4:01 PM

Jun 2019
This was a decent episode, not as action-packed as the last one, but still good in it's own way.
Sep 23, 2019 9:40 AM

Feb 2017
Nice build-up episode. I liked how they did Thorfinn's and Askeladd's talk at the Roman ruins. It's one my more liked moments from the manga. Though I somehow feel it could've been done better but I can't exactly say in what way.
Sep 23, 2019 2:43 PM

Aug 2015
Poor Thorfinn. He missed his dad a lot...that was the worst kind of nightmare a child could have. It still surprises me how strong Thorkell is.
Sep 25, 2019 9:02 AM

Jun 2017
Damn, that Thorkell is a beast, he virtually decimated the army that was supposed to be laying siege to them.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Oct 6, 2019 4:48 PM

Mar 2012
Callesthe said:
A_Sad_Dust_Cloud said:
And in fairness, if someone's getting called an 'sjw' in an argument, I'm usually on their side, historically speaking. Wasn't a big fan of Goblin Slayer either.

I really hope you're not put off by people comparing this scene in vinland saga to garbage shows like Goblin Slayer. Vinland Saga could not be more different.

As for what you missed, in all truth, is a nice, ironic juxtaposition between Thorfinn really REALLY caring about his dad, sister and mother who are in his dream, but then failing to extend that same empathy and feeling of "no, harming people is bad" to anyone who is not direct family. Which is a nice thematic/characterization moment. But it's not really -new- information.
People who are complaining about Vinland Saga not having the rape scene in the anime, and believing that it would lead to similar situations like when people were taking issue with Goblin Slayer, are not capable of distinguishing between criticism of rape and the sexualisation of it. I hope this gives you enough context.
Finally some sense in this thread. Well, not the first but put in a concise way. Although, this sort of made up "controversy" is the reason I'm happy the Banana Fish anime wasn't more popular since it's depictions of rape are more aligned with Vinland Saga's to convey characterization of people, their motives for decisions yet to be made and not for shock, almost hentai value like Goblin Slayer. I do think the scene was removed because of Goblin Slayer's well deserved backlash.
Oct 8, 2019 3:46 AM

Mar 2014
This talk about the dawn and twilight sounds like a death flag for Askeladd. Thorkell is a tough opponent, let's see how their fight will go down.
Oct 21, 2019 4:52 PM

Apr 2018
It’s so cool to watch Askeladd and Thorfinn’s relationship develop. On one hand Thorfinn wants his head, but from the dreams and messages from his father, it’s as if he realizes just how valuable Askeladd is to his journey as a warrior. In the words of Thors, you must let go of revenge, you have no enemies.
Nov 4, 2019 4:06 AM

Jul 2013
What the hell? That Canute guy is Christian? And no one is blood eagleing him? Maybe because he's a prince?
Nov 22, 2019 10:09 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Askeladd is almost a slave for money, but then again, he's a mercenary, a hired hand that hired himself. I wonder if they are going to win this one, and even if they did, what this Canute dude is going to do.
Dec 20, 2019 12:56 PM

Aug 2017
Damn, Askeladd is really interesting. He never fails to surprise me with his ruthlessness.

5/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 10, 2020 11:26 AM

Mar 2015
Hmm looks like Thorfinn misses home!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 18, 2020 6:44 PM

Nov 2012
I hope thorfinn's dream will wake him up to where he's supposed to be, I have a feeling his village is going to need his help soon.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Mar 8, 2020 6:32 AM

Mar 2019
Please don't tell me Askeladd and Bjorn are going to die :/.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Mar 10, 2020 8:01 AM

Apr 2016
I think I'd prefer Thorfinn giving up on the idea of revenge, but I don't think a change of heart will come easy if even at all.
Apr 26, 2020 4:28 AM
Discord Moderator
Divine Protector

Sep 2019
I really like Thorkell's voice. The VA did a great job, he sounds genuinely excited about combat but also sounds threatening at the same time. Seeing him swinging the log at the Danish troops reminded me of the old Dynasty Warriors games, seeing the grunts get thrown around everywhere with every swing of the weapon!
May 7, 2020 8:20 AM

May 2016
Askeladd pointing out that Thorfinn will win eventually because he'll reach the point where his age would greatly affect his combat ability while his opponent would have fully developed his body and capabilities by then kinda made me think about how futile his desire to take revenge is in the long run. So far, the guy's become more like an antihero than a villain in my perspective especially when you consider how everyone's more or less like him in the Viking Period.

It's a shame that Canute didn't even bother to fight before getting captured by Thorkell like that. He'll be making a certain mercenary unit very happy very soon though.

May 29, 2020 12:09 AM
Dec 2019
Compared to the previous episode, this one was slower in a way, but still filled with "some" action. Thorfinn having a dream/nightmare about his father and family shows that he hasn't forgotten about them.

I do wonder if we will get part of an episode that goes back to Iceland to see how Ylva and his mother are doing.
Jun 1, 2020 4:16 PM
Sep 2018
very interresting episode
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2019

391 by ecklonia »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

271 by Fibyu »»
Apr 10, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2019

792 by skywizard »»
Mar 29, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2019

259 by JustAnotherShiro »»
Mar 24, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2019

407 by xyara_girl »»
Mar 23, 12:30 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.