71.2%
no
12.5%
neutral
16.3%
104 votes
Sep 14, 2019 9:27 AM

Jan 2009
so this video was on my recommendations feed today and i saw it earlier i do not know why it was recommended to me though lol because im not even suicidal or watching suicide related videos on youtube or even google searching suicide related articles

highlights of the video
- male suicide is on the rise
- social expectations or stereotypes is one contributing factor like just man up bro! be strong if youre a man so never show weakness or dont be soft
- suicidal thoughts are not bad at all but how we react to it is what matters
- listening to male emotional weakness is good help already sometimes venting is helpful (in small/limited amounts if i may add that is)
- suicide education should be mandatory in school just like how sex education is now

what are your thoughts on male suicide? is it more problematic this days? and what can be done about it aside from offering to listen on the vent

for me i say ye its problematic since i remember reading that more males than females die by suicide and one likely help is suicide education (or mental health education in general) in school that was already mention in the video too
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 14, 2019 9:55 AM

Sep 2019
Because they don't have gf but here I am xoxo
i explain the therapy seated on the gold chest
Sep 14, 2019 10:06 AM

Mar 2019
Bladibla — everything needs to be gendered, and turned into a gender issue.

Having said that, and taking the genderfaggotry out of it, every suicide is a good one for me: the world needs less humans and one who commits suicide is either weak, in which case it is good that he dies, or strong, in which case he obtains the rest that he deserves.

I care not one bit that more males than females die by suicide. One can conjure up statistics on everything and conclude that there is non-null demographical intersection. More poor do x than rich; more tall do y than short; more old do z* than young — I care not.

*to be pronounced /zɛd/, of course.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Sep 14, 2019 10:11 AM
Jul 2018
heg said:
so this video was on my recommendations feed today and i saw it earlier i do not know why it was recommended to me though lol because im not even suicidal or watching suicide related videos on youtube or even google searching suicide related articles

highlights of the video
- male suicide is on the rise
- social expectations or stereotypes is one contributing factor like just man up bro! be strong if youre a man so never show weakness or dont be soft
- suicidal thoughts are not bad at all but how we react to it is what matters
- listening to male emotional weakness is good help already sometimes venting is helpful (in small/limited amounts if i may add that is)
- suicide education should be mandatory in school just like how sex education is now

what are your thoughts on male suicide? is it more problematic this days? and what can be done about it aside from offering to listen on the vent

for me i say ye its problematic since i remember reading that more males than females die by suicide and one likely help is suicide education (or mental health education in general) in school that was already mention in the video too

I know. Men rarely get psychological help on their own and if they do, then everything is already on fire.
Sep 14, 2019 10:24 AM

Jan 2009
Sphinxter said:

Having said that, and taking the genderfaggotry out of it, every suicide is a good one for me: the world needs less humans and one who commits suicide is either weak, in which case it is good that he dies, or strong, in which case he obtains the rest that he deserves.

I care not one bit that more males than females die by suicide. One can conjure up statistics on everything and conclude that there is non-null demographical intersection. More poor do x than rich; more tall do y than short; more old do z* than young — I care not.

you advocate for suicide? just why? i do not think you are suicidal yourself so kinda ironic or hypocrisy there

suicide is against our evolution that given all lifeforms here self-preservation instinct and even sex for the prupose of reproduction is like about preservation or suvival of our soul like genes so thats why suicide is considered a disorder

EDIT:

another survival of our soul kind of thing is our personal data with todays modern technology like the internet too
degSep 14, 2019 10:34 AM
Sep 14, 2019 10:42 AM

Mar 2019
heg said:
Sphinxter said:

you advocate for suicide? just why? i do not think you are suicidal yourself so kinda ironic or hypocrisy there
I never said I advocated that all men commit suicide; I said that every suicide was a good thing.

suicide is against our evolution that given all lifeforms here self-preservation instinct and even sex for the prupose of reproduction is like about preservation or suvival of our soul like genes so thats why suicide is considered a disorder
I care not for what is a "disorder"; "disorders" are arbitrary cultural things, and many things classified as such I'd personally consider virtues.

I also care not about sustaining the human species or expanding its numbers; quality of life increases for those remaining if more men die.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Sep 14, 2019 10:54 AM

Aug 2012
Sphinxter said:
I also care not about sustaining the human species or expanding its numbers; quality of life increases for those remaining if more men die.
Mind you, Sir Lancelot, you seem quite established on sustaining yourself though; you represent humanity whether you may like it or not.
Sep 14, 2019 10:56 AM

Nov 2016
Snowflakes melt under pressure. Your grandfathers that were storming the beaches of Normandy at age 20 are laughing their asses off.
Sep 14, 2019 12:03 PM

Dec 2016
don't know whether you can say male suicide's more problematic now, or whether it simply seems more problematic now that attention's being drawn to it. ultimately, it's not a surprising concept - toxic masculinity and all that. links to the issues with the silence as to males with eating disorders too.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Sep 14, 2019 12:04 PM
Feb 2017
Yarub said:
Sphinxter said:
Mind you, Sir Lancelot, you seem quite established on sustaining yourself though; you represent humanity whether you may like it or not.

At the end of the day though, almost everyone’s ideals are directly aimed for self/betterment.
Sep 14, 2019 2:22 PM

Jan 2017
i think it sucks. i think a lot has to deal with expectations from society. “you gotta be a certain way in order not to fail, look stupid, etc.” and i think that’s where men hurt the most, is in failure. success or failure heavily depends on a man’s self worth. don’t you see how binary that is?

not to mention, the lack of father figures. there’s a whole laundry list of shit stacked against males in society, yet i do also believe that males were built for adversity. it’s the males that created civilizations, who hunt your food, keep you safe.

Pr1cess said:
Because they don't have gf but here I am xoxo
lol. pussy = happiness? hmmm
Sep 14, 2019 2:37 PM

Mar 2011
It is interesting to see the stats of this, and the indirect answer of men are being lead by being men to kill themselves in more violent ways--increasing the likelihood of men being successful in those terms. How this is done is still up to debate but even room for that is shrinking. I won't focus on global too much nor women since the thread is about one group in particular. Hard to dismiss stats and absolutes though
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Sep 14, 2019 2:48 PM

May 2018
Do they talk all about where the major hot spots in exploding suicide rates are, if any? I wouldn't be surprised if it's a bigger issue in the US than parts of Western Europe, for example.

One issue we have in my home-town (rural Kansas) and the surrounding area are suicides by Iraq/Afghanistan vets with PTSD or substance abuse problems. I have no doubt many of those people struggle with demons every day of their lives.
Harem is the opiate of the Anime fandom masses.
Sep 14, 2019 4:01 PM

Nov 2013
The victim complex in the comment section is painful. I do notice that people don't have trouble showing how our society has not fully ridden itself of gender bias when they can project to be a victim of the other. But we must compete to see who is the most oppressed and not actually work together to solve anything.
Things like higher expectations for men, lower expectations for women, it being harder to move up the societal latter,technological advancement enabling more anti-social behaviors/escapism and the importance of the male hierarchy are some of the causes.
I guess awareness is some sort of thing we can do for now.

I can see you

Sep 14, 2019 5:51 PM

Mar 2019
Men are committing suicide more because of rising rates of involuntary celibacy. When I say this, I'm applying the term broadly to anyone who has not had sex in 6 months or more. Its not just because "they can't talk about it." Lots of depressed people go on 4chan or other places to vent their sadness or frustration. You have to cut off the source of sadness/frustration itself. The problem is that nobody who isn't struggling themselves is taking the issue of involuntary celibacy seriously.

But when I hear men complaining, in real life, or on the internet. The most common complaint I hear of all is, "I can't get a girlfriend."
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2019 6:05 PM

Jan 2009
Ryuk9428 said:
Men are committing suicide more because of rising rates of involuntary celibacy. When I say this, I'm applying the term broadly to anyone who has not had sex in 6 months or more. Its not just because "they can't talk about it." Lots of depressed people go on 4chan or other places to vent their sadness or frustration. You have to cut off the source of sadness/frustration itself. The problem is that nobody who isn't struggling themselves is taking the issue of involuntary celibacy seriously.

But when I hear men complaining, in real life, or on the internet. The most common complaint I hear of all is, "I can't get a girlfriend."

i dont know back when i got a job i just got laid in brothels once in a while and thats enough

financial insecurity is a bigger issue imo so better social safety nets like as simple as helping males get a good paying job may help more

especially that one of the main reason for divorce is financial problems too
Sep 15, 2019 11:20 AM

Mar 2019
heg said:
Ryuk9428 said:

i dont know back when i got a job i just got laid in brothels once in a while and thats enough

financial insecurity is a bigger issue imo so better social safety nets like as simple as helping males get a good paying job may help more

especially that one of the main reason for divorce is financial problems too

I do think that prostitution can keep a lot of guys reasonably content. Speaking as someone who used to have the opposite view though, I don't think that prostitution is a good long term solution. Its best use is as a safety net. If you're getting sexually frustrated, go see a hooker and relieve it.

I also think that a guy who regularly visits prostitutes is going to have a much easier time getting a girlfriend. There's something about the vibe of a guy who is sexually frustrated that puts women off.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2019 2:55 AM
Feb 2016
It's not rocket science that males have more to shoulder and therefore leads to more suicides.

But that's not an excuse, I voted neutral, and I would fight til my last breath dying naturally than to end myself, pain and suffering is part of life, to not feel those is as good as not living.

I've heard arguments like: "Oh you are just not brave enough to commit suicide."

My answer to that is(and probably controversial to some), if you are so much more courageous than me, use that bravery on something else, to help people, but no, you chose to use that courage to end yourself. Who is the coward here?
Sep 16, 2019 5:49 AM

Mar 2008
Suicide is suicide. It's not unique to males or females just that statistically different things can be driving their suicide attempts and suicide deaths from eachother. Females attempt more and males wind up dead from it more. Many suicides happen while someone has been drinking beforehand. Males drink more which is one factor but I've read females are starting to caitch up to males on alcohol consumption. China is the only known country where female suicides greatly outnumber male suicides. This is meaningful in that if it can be understood why females die from suicide more in China it can be better understood why males die more from suicide elsewhere.
Sep 16, 2019 6:34 AM

Oct 2010
Wow some of the posters in this thread are either blissfully ignorant or completely naive and misinformed

When you're growing up in a world that hates you from a young age, what else is there to do?

just click the link in my signature and see why there's a " male suicide " problem. I grew up as a popular kid and despite that at some point i realized that the system is rigged to favor females in the west and to undermine males and i've known that more than a decade prior to the information that's in my signature, back when i was a clueless kid basically.
I mentioned i grew up popular to show that i didn't even have a negative bias towards the world, if anything i was favored and despite that it was still clear as a day - the world expects less from females, gives them more and better opportunities, there were way more " easy " job opportunities for girls around my area (probably still the case) and all that was before the E-girl even became a thing
then the E-Girl became a thing and now every girl online gets completely showered and bombarded with attention while as a guy its hard to ever find someone to give a shit

also i'm gonna go on a whim and assume that the west has a much bigger male population because there are millions of refugees now cus of the refugee " crisis " and the majority of those are male

on top of that females are taught to seek career and what not in their prime years while males (biologically) have a need much sooner than that so a lot of the single early 20's males get depressed cus " tfw no gf " while girls waste their best years in studying or pursuing career, by themselves , when they could easily do that with a partner and make life much easier for themselves (but that's not what society teaches you)
society teaches you from an early age that you need to grow up to be self-sufficient and to never depend on anyone (even tho that's completely impossible and absolutely everyone depends on someone and that's the basis on which humanity is built) and that's repeatedly pushed to you as you are growing up

there was recently a study which showed at what age females are most attractive and lo-and behold it was 13-16 followed by 22-ish and it started declining heavily after 23-4 (which is normally when they stop studying in the west and they start looking for a srs relationship usually at 30+ when they already have a life and is much harder for them to follow someone)

so basically the entire system is messed up which is why it leads to way more male suicides

I might be alive now but maybe in an alternative universe i'm not, since ive had multiple suicide attempts in the past but i obviously didn't wanna die so i didn't push as much as i could, i did some bad stuff and ended up surviving by some stupid luck. I haven't been suicidal ever since then but honestly with how empty and lifeless and shitty 2019 has been , i'm starting to slide back into my old thoughts and habits

I grew up while being favored by the system (not talking about society), my parents were popular i was extremely popular even had a girlfriend before i was 14 and still in my late teens it all completely shifted, sure there are many reasons for my " downfall " but the system and life being the way they are is the biggest one. In the west male suicide is higher entirely because of the system, i suppose it's similar in Japan (just assuming) since they are trying hard to copy us
males are expected to do more things and also males have a much harder time in finding a partner

on top of all these new movements promoting completely unhealthy life style which reduces the potential options even more, i'm absolutely 100% sure that in % white people are disproportionately fatter than other races so if you're a white male and want a white girlfriend then the odds of finding on are so much smaller than if you're a non-white and want a non-white girl...

...for example white girls are being told it's okay to accept lgbtq or unhealthy obese lifestyle (by the media, " plus sized models " and what not) while also being taught from an early age that diversity is good when in reality there's no diversity if an african country is 99% black and a white country is 50% colored/50% white, there's a white minority in this case. If a girl is raised to accept diversity then half of the white girls are going to end up with colored partners which makes it even harder for a white male to find a white female partner

these things are blatantly obvious once you pass 20+ years of age and have just been opening your eyes and thinking a bit about. You don't really even need science for this but even then the numbers/"science" supports this notion
lots of music -
Sep 16, 2019 7:14 AM

Jul 2007
Why would it be a problem? I'd rather governments offered assisted suicide to anybody who wants it.
Sep 16, 2019 7:26 AM

Mar 2018
Scud said:
I'd rather governments offered assisted suicide to anybody who wants it.
This should be a thing in every country.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 16, 2019 7:28 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Maybe men need feminism as much as women.
Sep 16, 2019 8:05 AM

Oct 2010
Scud said:
Why would it be a problem? I'd rather governments offered assisted suicide to anybody who wants it.

that's either ignorance or a bad sense of humor

lots of music -
Sep 16, 2019 11:31 AM

Jun 2016
incisorr said:
Wow some of the posters in this thread are either blissfully ignorant or completely naive and misinformed

When you're growing up in a world that hates you from a young age, what else is there to do?

just click the link in my signature and see why there's a " male suicide " problem. I grew up as a popular kid and despite that at some point i realized that the system is rigged to favor females in the west and to undermine males and i've known that more than a decade prior to the information that's in my signature, back when i was a clueless kid basically.
I mentioned i grew up popular to show that i didn't even have a negative bias towards the world, if anything i was favored and despite that it was still clear as a day - the world expects less from females, gives them more and better opportunities, there were way more " easy " job opportunities for girls around my area (probably still the case) and all that was before the E-girl even became a thing
then the E-Girl became a thing and now every girl online gets completely showered and bombarded with attention while as a guy its hard to ever find someone to give a shit

also i'm gonna go on a whim and assume that the west has a much bigger male population because there are millions of refugees now cus of the refugee " crisis " and the majority of those are male

on top of that females are taught to seek career and what not in their prime years while males (biologically) have a need much sooner than that so a lot of the single early 20's males get depressed cus " tfw no gf " while girls waste their best years in studying or pursuing career, by themselves , when they could easily do that with a partner and make life much easier for themselves (but that's not what society teaches you)
society teaches you from an early age that you need to grow up to be self-sufficient and to never depend on anyone (even tho that's completely impossible and absolutely everyone depends on someone and that's the basis on which humanity is built) and that's repeatedly pushed to you as you are growing up

there was recently a study which showed at what age females are most attractive and lo-and behold it was 13-16 followed by 22-ish and it started declining heavily after 23-4 (which is normally when they stop studying in the west and they start looking for a srs relationship usually at 30+ when they already have a life and is much harder for them to follow someone)

so basically the entire system is messed up which is why it leads to way more male suicides

I might be alive now but maybe in an alternative universe i'm not, since ive had multiple suicide attempts in the past but i obviously didn't wanna die so i didn't push as much as i could, i did some bad stuff and ended up surviving by some stupid luck. I haven't been suicidal ever since then but honestly with how empty and lifeless and shitty 2019 has been , i'm starting to slide back into my old thoughts and habits

I grew up while being favored by the system (not talking about society), my parents were popular i was extremely popular even had a girlfriend before i was 14 and still in my late teens it all completely shifted, sure there are many reasons for my " downfall " but the system and life being the way they are is the biggest one. In the west male suicide is higher entirely because of the system, i suppose it's similar in Japan (just assuming) since they are trying hard to copy us
males are expected to do more things and also males have a much harder time in finding a partner

on top of all these new movements promoting completely unhealthy life style which reduces the potential options even more, i'm absolutely 100% sure that in % white people are disproportionately fatter than other races so if you're a white male and want a white girlfriend then the odds of finding on are so much smaller than if you're a non-white and want a non-white girl...

...for example white girls are being told it's okay to accept lgbtq or unhealthy obese lifestyle (by the media, " plus sized models " and what not) while also being taught from an early age that diversity is good when in reality there's no diversity if an african country is 99% black and a white country is 50% colored/50% white, there's a white minority in this case. If a girl is raised to accept diversity then half of the white girls are going to end up with colored partners which makes it even harder for a white male to find a white female partner

these things are blatantly obvious once you pass 20+ years of age and have just been opening your eyes and thinking a bit about. You don't really even need science for this but even then the numbers/"science" supports this notion

so you argue that women are getting more fat which reduces your dating pool so you "tfw no gf" then go into deep depression

lmao
Sep 16, 2019 12:28 PM

Oct 2010
DaConduit said:

so you argue that women are getting more fat which reduces your dating pool so you "tfw no gf" then go into deep depression

lmao

not quite like that

They dont have a problem with obesity in asia and that's cause their culture doesn't promote it the way they do here in the west
if you're a white male that seeks a white female your chances are lower cause white females are more prone to be lgbtq, obese or with someone of color

all of which are a product of our system/society/civilization, all of which can be traced back to the stuff that's in my signature. It's public information and you can easily see who's pushing for all those things as well

in places other than Europe/USA they don't have the same problems on such a scale

so in a way if you're trying to belittle the point then yes

lots of music -
Sep 16, 2019 12:54 PM

Nov 2008
149597871 said:

That would make things worse. What we do need is more awareness of male suicide and an opioid ban.

Sep 16, 2019 1:05 PM

Jul 2019
Hoppy said:
149597871 said:

That would make things worse. What we do need is more awareness of male suicide and an opioid ban.

Most of this problems would be solved if toxic masculinity is treated from the young age and men are thought that there is nothing wrong with being emotional.
So yes I definitely think that feminism would help men in the long run.

Never explain,
Never retract,
Never apologize
Just get the thing done
And let them howl
Sep 16, 2019 1:05 PM

Jun 2015
Hoppy said:
149597871 said:

One of the core ideas of feminism is abolishing gender stereotypes imposed by society. I honestly do believe that would benefit both sides since as mentioned by OP societal expectations upon men are a very big factor

Now, from a personal viewpoint, I was about to post something along the lines of "every suicide is a problem", but I honestly had never seen the problem of male suicide be treated as a gendered issue due to toxic masculinity and similar standards, I must indeed say it is a very interesting stand.

I AM THE ONE CALLED POWER!
ANIME LIST  🩸 MANGA LIST  🩸 CARDS  🩸 CHALLENGES 
How foolish and conceited these humans be... 

Sep 16, 2019 1:08 PM
Jul 2018
We need to talk about how suicide in general is fucked up
Sep 16, 2019 1:10 PM

Jun 2015
nessarosie said:
We need to talk about how suicide in general is fucked up

Agreed. Although as I mentioned in my previous post, I think it is interesting from a psychological analysis viewpoint to focus on gender issues can affect.

I AM THE ONE CALLED POWER!
ANIME LIST  🩸 MANGA LIST  🩸 CARDS  🩸 CHALLENGES 
How foolish and conceited these humans be... 

Sep 16, 2019 1:11 PM
Jul 2018
DaConduit said:
incisorr said:

lmao

that's ignoring his blatant racism and the fact that his signature links to white supremacist propaganda

like oh man, lame, another one of them /pol/fags, this wasn't even a race issue and he tried to make it one, racebait, next with a dollop of added sexism that incels perpetuate that the system is eternally in favor of females when lazy basement dwelling weebs don't put effort into their appearance and the number of millennials having sex in general is down because we're all preoccupied with slaving away at college and if not we're on our phones, looking at it from an entirely cynical standpoint the pessimism of society is killing peoples desire to fuck things

oh noes I guess less people having teen pregnancies is a bad thing now
there's more to life than sex
removed-userSep 16, 2019 1:17 PM
Sep 16, 2019 1:46 PM

Mar 2019
@incisorr

You speak the truth my man. Don't ever let these feminists or the male cucks who support them intimidate you or shut you down.

Lmao at all the people saying feminism is the solution to men's problems. Feminism is what created them in the first place for fuck's sake. Anything is a better solution than more fucking feminism.
Sep 16, 2019 1:51 PM

Mar 2019
nessarosie said:
DaConduit said:

lmao

that's ignoring his blatant racism and the fact that his signature links to white supremacist propaganda

like oh man, lame, another one of them /pol/fags, this wasn't even a race issue and he tried to make it one, racebait, next with a dollop of added sexism that incels perpetuate that the system is eternally in favor of females when lazy basement dwelling weebs don't put effort into their appearance and the number of millennials having sex in general is down because we're all preoccupied with slaving away at college and if not we're on our phones, looking at it from an entirely cynical standpoint the pessimism of society is killing peoples desire to fuck things

oh noes I guess less people having teen pregnancies is a bad thing now
there's more to life than sex

I'd rather double the teen pregnancy rate than live in the joyless, sexless world that SJWs are creating.

Sex is the best part of life, it should be a big part of it.
Sep 16, 2019 1:56 PM

Oct 2010
I'm not the one that sidetracked the topic here, this guy randomly comes and accuses me of being a " pol/fag" i don't do pol you normie gnat

then S_he goes onto rant about incels and what not, lmao

also suicide IS related to race because males suicide disproportionately high only when it comes to western white males. You're not even trying to argue the facts ,you're literally just random name calling while sounding clueless and ignorant to the bone
lots of music -
Sep 16, 2019 2:04 PM

Feb 2010
No more a problem then any other suicide.

which is to say yes it is a problem, but suicide is a problem no suicide is more a problem the another.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Sep 16, 2019 2:28 PM
Jul 2018
Ah, what's misleading most of the time when this is brought up is that attempted suicides aren't mentioned alongside it("Attempted suicides occur primarily among women, while completed suicides occur primarily among men."). The attempted suicides need to be brought up so the actual issue can be addressed, and not one with holes in it. Judging by the 50.6% statistics dealing with guns, the issue seems less to do with males being more depressed(Proof). After all, females are noted as the ones facing higher rates of depression("The prevalence of major depressive episode was higher among adult females (8.7%) compared to males (5.3%)."). This actually should be more of a 2nd amendment debate than speculation as to why males are more depressed.
Sep 16, 2019 2:34 PM

Jan 2009
Peaceful_Critic said:
Ah, what's misleading most of the time when this is brought up is that attempted suicides aren't mentioned alongside it("Attempted suicides occur primarily among women, while completed suicides occur primarily among men."). The attempted suicides need to be brought up so the actual issue can be addressed, and not one with holes in it. Judging by the 50.6% statistics dealing with guns, the issue seems less to do with males being more depressed(Proof). After all, females are noted as the ones facing higher rates of depression("The prevalence of major depressive episode was higher among adult females (8.7%) compared to males (5.3%)."). This actually should be more of a 2nd amendment debate than speculation as to why males are more depressed.

the thread is about males die by suicide more though and not specifically about depression which i read somewhere that male mental healh problems overall are underreported anyway because you know gender roles/stereotype says man should suck it up inside and just man up
Sep 16, 2019 2:40 PM

Mar 2019
Peaceful_Critic said:

Women are less happy and more depressed in feminist countries...

https://ifstudies.org/blog/why-are-girls-in-many-egalitarian-countries-less-happy-than-boys

The countries with the lowest gap in happiness between men and women were Tunisia, Japan, China, Peru and Mexico. The countries with the highest gap were Iceland, Finland, Luxembourg, Austria, and the Netherlands.

Because feminism disrupts the family, tells women it isn't important and that they should focus on work and careers instead. Working is not a privilege though, its very stressful and it sucks up the majority of your day. Deep down, most women want a husband and a family. Traditional, non-feminist societies provide the opportunity for women to be with their children and not have to deal with the stress of work or at least only have to work part time instead of full time. Meanwhile, men get to come home to a wife who's loving, not exhausted from work, and satisfies the emotional needs men have.

The only people who benefit from feminism are corporations who now have significantly more workers, can select from a more restricted pool of applicants, and can pay each of them much less money.
Sep 16, 2019 2:43 PM
Jul 2018
heg said:
Peaceful_Critic said:

the thread is about males die by suicide more though and not specifically about depression which i read somewhere that male mental healh problems overall are underreported anyway because you know gender roles/stereotype says man should suck it up inside and just man up
Isn't the point of discussing this to find the solution to the problem? So shouldn't the firearm statistic be important for this particular topic? It's been speculated that mental health issues, in general, have been underreported(https://www.psychcongress.com/article/prevalence-mental-illness-might-be-underreported). Though, this is toxic:
"man should suck it up inside and just man up"
It would help if we had less of that.
Sep 16, 2019 2:45 PM

Apr 2019
heg said:
Sphinxter said:

EDIT:

another survival of our soul kind of thing is our personal data with todays modern technology like the internet too

if you are against people having the free choice of whether they want to live or commit suicide you are essentially arguing in favor of slavery

You son of a .. turtle

Sep 16, 2019 3:14 PM

Jan 2009
@Peaceful_Critic

ye sure and i do not know about that considering there is a gap on gender statistics between mental problems overall

>women showed lower rates of mental illness on the whole
>doctors are more likely to diagnose depression in women compared with men, even when they have similar scores on standardized measures of depression or present with identical symptoms"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_disorders_and_gender

@Nim0174

thats a false analogy because by that logic then we should abolish society or the government and give total freedom to everybody like the law of the jungle gives (state of nature)

but if its a hopeless situation like a terminal painful disease then im in favor of euthanasia there but not with preventable deaths like most suciide have and certainly not just the feeling of hopelessness
degSep 16, 2019 3:36 PM
Sep 16, 2019 5:25 PM

Feb 2019
Oh boy, it already became a 'those damn feminist SJWs' thread, that didn't take long. Also, this thread has been graced with the presence of the white supremacist, proud of you, OP.

The biggest problem with male mental health is the culture of 'boys don't cry' or 'men shouldn't talk about feelings'. If one keeps everything unaddressed and locked up inside, these things will consume you, tear you apart and most men won't even seek help, because 'feelings' are 'women' things. Men should be rational, based upon facts and logic, not on feelings. As a consequence, men aren't taught the tools to deal with emotionally disturbing events, other than sucking it all up or recurring to violent acts. It becomes quite hard to seek any kind of help due to that socialization. But boys will be boys, amirite?
Sep 16, 2019 5:30 PM

Sep 2012
this thread gets my biggest oof and yikes in a while.

what is up with some of you people

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

Sep 16, 2019 5:37 PM

Feb 2010
Kosmonaut said:

The biggest problem with male mental health is the culture of 'boys don't cry' or 'men shouldn't talk about feelings'.

this is a big part of it.

stress and depression in men is often seen as a weakness of character in workplaces rather then be treated as any other serious medical issue.

personally i don't believe its part of the so called "toxic masculinity." or the "SJW" boggyman nonsense some people claim it is. rather then a cultural issue left over from when men back in the day had to do most the manual labor and work.it is one of the stereotypes you see all to often.

Yomiyuki said:
this thread gets my biggest oof and yikes in a while.

what is up with some of you people

who? i'm curious now do you mean the usual suspects of Sphinxter and
SpamuraiSensei?

they are both just edgy teens i usually ignore them.
GrimAtramentSep 16, 2019 5:57 PM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Sep 16, 2019 6:05 PM

Jan 2009
@incisorr

ok i just read that long post of yours i ignored it for so long but other users are mentioning a white supremacist in this thread so i could not resist reading it

ye the system (capitalism) is fuck up thats why i recommend you advocate for social capitalism more like Andrew Yang is proposing with his universal basic income plan for example, its not like capititalism should be abolish for now since full automation for socialism or even stateless communism (Fully Automated Luxury Communism) is not ready yet until lets say the end of this century when technological singularity is achieve

but ye poverty and the capitalisms influence through stereotype advertisements can really influence and make people compare each other especially with other people that have seemingly perfect lives and that can trigger or lead to mental health problems

but lol at fat women complain or yours though, we males are getting fat too anyway its capitalism again so advocate to have a sugar tax for example

Sep 16, 2019 7:18 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Hoppy said:
149597871 said:

Yea, yea, I actually support opioid ban although there's also alcohol abuse which is pretty much as destructive as the aforesaid substances. People are just nihilistic and have generate lifestyles which results in them abusing those things not the other way around.

Feminism technically includes certain male problems that might be caused by social expectation, stereotypes, etc. so it can actually be used to raise more awareness of male suicide.

Also I doubt that any level of awareness would help much if you have to work 80 hours per week for the rest of your life.
Sep 16, 2019 9:26 PM

Mar 2019
incisorr said:

well said, here's what i'd like to add

I think that the reason some males get suicidal is the thought of being in a never ending loop and a ladder that goes nowhere. When they think about their future, all that comes to mind is work, education, relationships etc. They may feel like there's nothing to look forward to except for shallow things.
Sep 16, 2019 11:06 PM

Aug 2014
yes and what's causing it is rising hypergamy and women's ability to date up so the bottom 80% of men are left to rot and die

penis lol
Sep 16, 2019 11:10 PM

Jan 2009
incel said:
yes and what's causing it is rising hypergamy and women's ability to date up so the bottom 80% of men are left to rot and die

lol i doubt a lot of incels are suicidal they are just more angry

economic insecurity is more of a major factor in suicides imo
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » strawberry, chocolate or banana milk? ( 1 2 )

bobbysalmon - Apr 17

52 by fae »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » thoughts on social experiments?

deg - 3 minutes ago

0 by deg »»
3 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - 4 hours ago

8 by LoveLikeBlood »»
19 minutes ago

» Is it ok if your partner has a best friend (bestie) of the opposite sex?

Thy-Veseveia - Apr 20

19 by Reki_Retro »»
1 hour ago

» What do yall collect? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bevarnow - Jan 25

306 by bevarnow »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.