Forum Settings
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 15, 2019 12:16 PM
Jan 2018
We need to stop this fuck*ng bots, It's a shame that this novel only has 8.77.
Sep 15, 2019 12:59 PM

Apr 2013
What are you even talking about? It's ranked 9th right now among LNs with this score.
That's waaaay higher than it should be ImO, and even leaving my opinion aside, being top 10 is crazy good for absolutely every single series out there.
So even if Monogatari is your favourite series out there, you can only really satisfied with the score.
Sep 16, 2019 9:16 AM
Feb 2019
Zefyris said:
What are you even talking about? It's ranked 9th right now among LNs with this score.
That's waaaay higher than it should be ImO, and even leaving my opinion aside, being top 10 is crazy good for absolutely every single series out there.
So even if Monogatari is your favourite series out there, you can only really satisfied with the score.
Some days ago, Monogatari was the Top 1 Light Novel. But these bots started to fuck*ng the score, gaving it a 1.

(Sorry for the bad english, isn't my first language).
Sep 16, 2019 11:18 AM

Apr 2013
Kamimashita00 said:
Zefyris said:
Some days ago, Monogatari was the Top 1 Light Novel. But these bots started to fuck*ng the score, gaving it a 1.

Monogatari is also one of the few LNs on MAL that get a lot of upvotes from fake accounts (who also downvotes stuff that are well ranked while they're at it btw). Other repeating offenders include the other monogatari series, the naku koro ni series, the ginga eiyuu densetsu series.
So if anything, the drop in score may have resulted of the removal of fake votes from the staff (since they usually do that by big lots) rather than the contrary.

Even if it isn't this time, I don't think I've ever seen Monogatari ranked 1 on MAL 's LNs list, so it was probablyhigher than it should due to fake accounts, which means that when the mods will remove those fake accounts, they'll remove both fake 1s AND fake 10s, resulting in the series still not being first.
ZefyrisSep 16, 2019 11:24 AM
Oct 22, 2019 12:26 PM

Jun 2019
I am glad that someone created this topic to explain this strange changes. Actually, last time I checked (a few months ago), Monogatari was 1st and Oregairu 2nd, and Nogi Wakaba wa Yuusha de Aru was not even in top 10 and now it is top 4, so what happened?
Oct 22, 2019 8:21 PM
Oct 2018
Zefyris said:
Kamimashita00 said:

Monogatari is also one of the few LNs on MAL that get a lot of upvotes from fake accounts (who also downvotes stuff that are well ranked while they're at it btw). Other repeating offenders include the other monogatari series, the naku koro ni series, the ginga eiyuu densetsu series.
So if anything, the drop in score may have resulted of the removal of fake votes from the staff (since they usually do that by big lots) rather than the contrary.

Even if it isn't this time, I don't think I've ever seen Monogatari ranked 1 on MAL 's LNs list, so it was probablyhigher than it should due to fake accounts, which means that when the mods will remove those fake accounts, they'll remove both fake 1s AND fake 10s, resulting in the series still not being first.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=245618&show=4750#msg58156821
Nov 1, 2019 8:26 AM

Dec 2014
this is so sad to see, i picked up LN since i watched to rewatch monogatari and i thought why don't i experience the same story through different medium. although anime adaptation is great, nothing really captures the dialogue like the LN. i'm currently in nisemonogatari part 2, and i'm loving every character interaction even tho in anime it was still great.
Send me Friend requests!!!!
Nov 20, 2019 10:06 AM
Oct 2018
Storm_blessed said:
this is so sad to see, i picked up LN since i watched to rewatch monogatari and i thought why don't i experience the same story through different medium. although anime adaptation is great, nothing really captures the dialogue like the LN. i'm currently in nisemonogatari part 2, and i'm loving every character interaction even tho in anime it was still great.

Both the Anime adaptations and the Light Novels brings a different experience to the table. And also, I think you misunderstood the point of this thread (or I misunderstood it idk)
Nov 21, 2019 8:03 AM

Dec 2014
JanreiAfrica said:
Storm_blessed said:

Both the Anime adaptations and the Light Novels brings a different experience to the table. And also, I think you misunderstood the point of this thread (or I misunderstood it idk)

well yeah i was just thinking out loud there, But really tho i thought MAL had an automated system of removing inactive accounts thereby removing the bots
Send me Friend requests!!!!
Jan 29, 2020 7:15 AM
Jan 2018
Why aren't the discussions turned into volumes
Feb 13, 2020 12:12 PM
Jan 2018
You are god damn right.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: First Season Chapter 21 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Aug 5, 2017

1 by Nachoalpe »»
Apr 1, 3:32 AM

» How are the chapters divided?

Omid_ - Feb 29

3 by Omid_ »»
Feb 29, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: First Season Chapter 10 Discussion

Bheaze - Feb 10, 2014

1 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 22, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: First Season Chapter 9 Discussion

Bheaze - Feb 10, 2014

1 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 22, 1:25 PM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Chapter 8 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Jul 6, 2010

6 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 2, 12:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.