Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2019 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hibiki and Chris kicking some ass. Cool.

We also got Tsubasa and Maria teaming up again fighting the good fight. It seems this episode is progressing towards the final two after the the amount of setup this season. Kinda exciting imo.
Sep 14, 2019 11:28 AM

Oct 2014
Enki is literally a Wild Arms Protagonist, down to the blue hair.
Sep 14, 2019 11:34 AM

Mar 2018
The action was nice as usual again. Good to see Maria and Tsubasa teaming up again and syncing again with their song, had not expected that song, nice touch!

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Sep 14, 2019 11:47 AM

Apr 2012
Wait! So the very first scene of the season was actually a flashBACK to Enki putting the moon in place rather than a flash-FORWARD to trying to crash the moon into Earth?

Played us like a damn fiddle!

Would have liked for Tsubasa and Maria to get a brand new battle duet for that final fight, rather than repurposing Fushicho no Flamme, they've gone far too long without having a genuine Combat Duet with each other. Nonetheless, Maria's Amalgam weapon materializing as a dragon arm was awesome!

I actually love the concept that the Curse of Balal wasn't put in place as a punishment on humanity, but rather a deterrent against Shem-ha. An unfortunately necessary evil.

Really curious how the fight with the Cyborg is going to go next episode. And what they plan to do with the Vampire and Werewolf now that they aren't combat ready anymore.

HOW ARE THERE ONLY TWO EPISODES LEFT!!!?
Sep 14, 2019 12:09 PM

Oct 2014
Enki didn't think through that his ancient sumerian priest girlfriend (Fine) would go batshit crazy over a misunderstanding, huh?
Sep 14, 2019 12:59 PM

May 2015
Ok I want to get this one thing off my chest first. GOD NO THAT NEW GUY LOOKS SOOOO NOT SYMPHOGEAR!!!!! Like jesus christ he looks like he's out of yugioh or something. I feel ever since after season 1 they keep adding stuff that just moves further and further away from the base Symphogear with alchemy and stuff but that guy just screams not from Symphogear.

Before I go any further Im giving you a warning here. Im going to be complaining, ALOT. So if you're really sensitive to negative comments on Symphogear skip to where I say "Ok Ive ranted enough" (even though its not hugely positive either)

Now one thing Im hugely thankful for is SHEM HA IS A GIRL! I was so worried about Shem Ha being a boy because it would ruin all the good fan art of her with Hibiki and Miku but thank god shes a girl.

So we got to see more about Shem Ha and they havent ruined her like Fudo yet which had me greatly worried looking at that evil smile in the previews like Fudo did. I swear if they ruin Shem Ha Im done.

We got to see 3 seconds of Miku, shame. I saw the scene in the previews which was a huge bait. Shem Ha is leaning more towards the Adam side of villains which is greatly worrisome. I know Symphogear have never had great villains but dont ruin one that seemed interesting. To me as long as she stays logical and has that god attitude shes fine. Just please I swear to god dont do a Fudo and make her psychotic. I really hope Miku comes back on episode 12 so she can join in the fight against Shem Ha. I swear if Symphogear makes Miku the main focus and A)Doesn't give her a song and B)Doesnt finally allow her to fight side by side with Hibiki I'M GONNA BE PISSED!!!

In Symphogear fashion we got more power up things (Dont know how to spell it so not gonna bother) and this time it was Maria. Was really hoping they'd to Chris's and Maria's together so we don't have this predictable formula of one per episode and have more time for Shem Ha and varied battles.

This episode really highlighted a thought Ive had for a while. They really do just use Maria as a plot device to proceed the story. Now Im not saying anything bad about Maria herself here so dont get angry Maria fans. Its just I feel ever since she was introduced Maria has just been that character that Symphogear just say "Ok we need to test this new thing. Ok give it to Maria" and go with it. The mind reading thing in S4 (I Think it was that season If I remember correctly) the heritage for S5 which could have been with anyone and personally would have made more sense for Shirabe since she had that previous Fine connection so she's already got a link to them. Now If someone is going to tell me that her gear is an actual thing that is linked to them then maybe that would make more sense. But I feel all this linking to mythology is really making it annoying to follow since you'd need to research it to know who these are and how they're linked. I had to go search what Enki was cause I had no idea what Maria being a decedent of them meant for the series.

I'll just say this. Making Maria, Shirabe and Kirika main characters was a bad decision in my opinion and they would have much much better as side characters. This has really forced Symphogear to have to coup with dividing time between 6 characters which is never a good thing. Part of the reason I think season 1 was so good is because it focused on three girls who all had their respective arcs during the series. Whereas most seasons after that are forced to split the seasons into sections to cover all characters or outright miss characters out for that season (essentially relying on the fact that Symphogear has multiple seasons) and split the characters into groups which I'll mention later.

I'm gonna have a paragraph to complain about that power-up so you can skip this part of you don't like negative comments against Symphogear.

I don't like it. It looks pretty, but that's literally it. I've seen sooo many people saying they prefer Ignite and for good reason. It was built up, explained and tested for the heroes to finally overcome and use. With the XV one they kinda just had it cause............why not? It will always bug me no matter what people say that they didn't even take the effort to explain this new power-up they can do at will. At least X-Drive had a limit. Plot convenience I guess.

Them on the moon wasn't surprising and as expected they happen to be split up in pairs of two.........yeeeeey. I swear plz Symphogear Im trying to love you but you keep recycling the same formulas over and over again. Also its the end of the world yey. It'll probably all settle down once they've beat Shem Ha and got Miku back.

Ok Ive ranted enough so lets talk about the good stuff about the episode.

Good, good, good, good, lets think. That last scene with Shem Ha in her gear was nice. The design still looks as beautiful as ever with its shining silver and Miku's purple parts.

I guess the earth looked nice when Hibiki and Chris were running. Chris calling Hibiki cool was nice. Emmmmm what else. I genuinely struggling for this episode.

I skipped the transformations so nothing to say on that front.

AH! Milaarc's clone thing was cool. Saw it in Overlord so I guess it was nice to see something similar here. Tsubasa has also finally decided to come back to us and it was nice of them to mention Hibiki's courage in taking Tsubasa's hand to show how she's grown throughout the series, both Tsubasa and Hibiki. These two have my favourite friendship in the series. They're the original two (not including the immediately killed Kanade) and seeing their interactions this season was beautiful so glad they decided to bring this back.

Visually the fight between Enki and Shem Ha was nice (except his design of course) and Shem Ha's original body design looks REALLY nice. I love the white (which is my favourite colour) armor and hair contrasted by her purple eyes. Whoever designed both the Miku Shem Ha and original Shem Ha you deserve the utmost praise.

We got to hear Maria and Tsubasa's original duet song from G which was a nice touch, more callbacks to previous seasons (to add to the billion this season has). I'd probably say that duet is my favourite between them so it was nice to hear again.

Ok this one ended up being A LOT longer than other episodes with a lot more ranting. Just my tolerance on repeated things hitting its peak is all. If you actually bothered to read through all this, props, you know me well now and I bet you wish you didn't XD. Dont let my comments effect how you enjoy the series I know many people just love the stupid action and absurdness of Symphogear and thats completely fine. Im just more of a critical Symphogear fan.

I am curious how they will end this and how Miku will come back so I guess we'll wait for the next episode. I dont think I'll rant as much next time since we'll be getting to the meat of the action.

Overall an ok episode. (My main complaints were of the series as a whole and not just this particular episode).
DarknessRealitySep 14, 2019 1:08 PM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 14, 2019 1:02 PM
Dec 2013
FateHero said:
Really curious how the fight with the Cyborg is going to go next episode. And what they plan to do with the Vampire and Werewolf now that they aren't combat ready anymore.

Werewolf was always shown to be more vulnerable and less willing to fight. In their battle itself Vampire was smug while the Werewolf literally started to cry while she was still winning, way before amalgam. Then in the finisher, the gears were aiming to outright kill the Vampire but the Werewolf was clearly spared and then given a talk about changing.

I feel like the Werewolf will either be important to help Vanessa come to her senses next episode or is an actual potential new SONG member.
artesoxSep 14, 2019 1:12 PM
Sep 14, 2019 1:20 PM

Apr 2012
artesox said:
FateHero said:

Werewolf was always shown to be more vulnerable and less willing to fight. In their battle itself Vampire was smug while the Werewolf literally started to cry while she was still winning, way before amalgam. Then in the finisher, the gears were aiming to outright kill the Vampire but the Werewolf was clearly spared and then given a talk about changing.

I feel like the Werewolf will either be important to help Vanessa come to her senses next episode or is an actual potential new SONG member.
I was actually half-expecting the Werewolf to second-guess the plan because of Kirika and Shirabe and end up getting killed by the Cyborg herself with how unhinged she seemed last episode.
Sep 14, 2019 1:25 PM

Jul 2013
So they finally revealed who was that dude who looks like a fusion of Kamina + a YuGiOh character that appeared at the beginning of the season (Enki), and what the Curse of Balal was all this time. If only he would had known that her girlfriend would had turn batshit insane with his sacrifice...
I like Shem-Ha's design, but other than that, she's pretty meh in my book. Not very promising for being the final boss of the series, but I will wait to see her battle before judging. I just hope they don't drag off the battle against Vanessa next episode so we can have a proper battle against Shem-Ha for the last two. Honestly, by this point the fight against Vanessa should have happened already.

By this point, I wish Dr. Ver could have a last cameo before the end. I kinda doubt it since we are close to the climax of the story, but a man can dream.
Sep 14, 2019 2:24 PM

Oct 2014
DarknessReality said:
Ok I want to get this one thing off my chest first. GOD NO THAT NEW GUY LOOKS SOOOO NOT SYMPHOGEAR!!!!! Like jesus christ he looks like he's out of yugioh or something. I feel ever since after season 1 they keep adding stuff that just moves further and further away from the base Symphogear with alchemy and stuff but that guy just screams not from Symphogear.

Before I go any further Im giving you a warning here. Im going to be complaining, ALOT. So if you're really sensitive to negative comments on Symphogear skip to where I say "Ok Ive ranted enough" (even though its not hugely positive either)

Now one thing Im hugely thankful for is SHEM HA IS A GIRL! I was so worried about Shem Ha being a boy because it would ruin all the good fan art of her with Hibiki and Miku but thank god shes a girl.

So we got to see more about Shem Ha and they havent ruined her like Fudo yet which had me greatly worried looking at that evil smile in the previews like Fudo did. I swear if they ruin Shem Ha Im done.

We got to see 3 seconds of Miku, shame. I saw the scene in the previews which was a huge bait. Shem Ha is leaning more towards the Adam side of villains which is greatly worrisome. I know Symphogear have never had great villains but dont ruin one that seemed interesting. To me as long as she stays logical and has that god attitude shes fine. Just please I swear to god dont do a Fudo and make her psychotic. I really hope Miku comes back on episode 12 so she can join in the fight against Shem Ha. I swear if Symphogear makes Miku the main focus and A)Doesn't give her a song and B)Doesnt finally allow her to fight side by side with Hibiki I'M GONNA BE PISSED!!!

In Symphogear fashion we got more power up things (Dont know how to spell it so not gonna bother) and this time it was Maria. Was really hoping they'd to Chris's and Maria's together so we don't have this predictable formula of one per episode and have more time for Shem Ha and varied battles.

This episode really highlighted a thought Ive had for a while. They really do just use Maria as a plot device to proceed the story. Now Im not saying anything bad about Maria herself here so dont get angry Maria fans. Its just I feel ever since she was introduced Maria has just been that character that Symphogear just say "Ok we need to test this new thing. Ok give it to Maria" and go with it. The mind reading thing in S4 (I Think it was that season If I remember correctly) the heritage for S5 which could have been with anyone and personally would have made more sense for Shirabe since she had that previous Fine connection so she's already got a link to them. Now If someone is going to tell me that her gear is an actual thing that is linked to them then maybe that would make more sense. But I feel all this linking to mythology is really making it annoying to follow since you'd need to research it to know who these are and how they're linked. I had to go search what Enki was cause I had no idea what Maria being a decedent of them meant for the series.

I'll just say this. Making Maria, Shirabe and Kirika main characters was a bad decision in my opinion and they would have much much better as side characters. This has really forced Symphogear to have to coup with dividing time between 6 characters which is never a good thing. Part of the reason I think season 1 was so good is because it focused on three girls who all had their respective arcs during the series. Whereas most seasons after that are forced to split the seasons into sections to cover all characters or outright miss characters out for that season (essentially relying on the fact that Symphogear has multiple seasons) and split the characters into groups which I'll mention later.

I'm gonna have a paragraph to complain about that power-up so you can skip this part of you don't like negative comments against Symphogear.

I don't like it. It looks pretty, but that's literally it. I've seen sooo many people saying they prefer Ignite and for good reason. It was built up, explained and tested for the heroes to finally overcome and use. With the XV one they kinda just had it cause............why not? It will always bug me no matter what people say that they didn't even take the effort to explain this new power-up they can do at will. At least X-Drive had a limit. Plot convenience I guess.

Them on the moon wasn't surprising and as expected they happen to be split up in pairs of two.........yeeeeey. I swear plz Symphogear Im trying to love you but you keep recycling the same formulas over and over again. Also its the end of the world yey. It'll probably all settle down once they've beat Shem Ha and got Miku back.

Good, good, good, good, lets think. That last scene with Shem Ha in her gear was nice. The design still looks as beautiful as ever with its shining silver and Miku's purple parts.

I guess the earth looked nice when Hibiki and Chris were running. Chris calling Hibiki cool was nice. Emmmmm what else. I genuinely struggling for this episode.

AH! Milaarc's clone thing was cool. Saw it in Overlord so I guess it was nice to see something similar here. Tsubasa has also finally decided to come back to us and it was nice of them to mention Hibiki's courage in taking Tsubasa's hand to show how she's grown throughout the series, both Tsubasa and Hibiki. These two have my favourite friendship in the series. They're the original two (not including the immediately killed Kanade) and seeing their interactions this season was beautiful so glad they decided to bring this back.

Visually the fight between Enki and Shem Ha was nice (except his design of course) and Shem Ha's original body design looks REALLY nice. I love the white (which is my favourite colour) armor and hair contrasted by her purple eyes. Whoever designed both the Miku Shem Ha and original Shem Ha you deserve the utmost praise.

We got to hear Maria and Tsubasa's original duet song from G which was a nice touch, more callbacks to previous seasons (to add to the billion this season has). I'd probably say that duet is my favourite between them so it was nice to hear again.

Ok this one ended up being A LOT longer than other episodes with a lot more ranting. Just my tolerance on repeated things hitting its peak is all. If you actually bothered to read through all this, props, you know me well now and I bet you wish you didn't XD. Dont let my comments effect how you enjoy the series I know many people just love the stupid action and absurdness of Symphogear and thats completely fine. Im just more of a critical Symphogear fan.

I am curious how they will end this and how Miku will come back so I guess we'll wait for the next episode. I dont think I'll rant as much next time since we'll be getting to the meat of the action.

Overall an ok episode. (My main complaints were of the series as a whole and not just this particular episode).

The guy at the beginning is reference to Wild Arms, the people who made symphogear previously created in the video game scene.

And you are taking this campy series way to seriously, bub.
Sep 14, 2019 2:32 PM
Jul 2018
I'm gonna start by saying I absolutely hated Enki's design. I know that the director of Symphogear has also directed some seasons of Yu-Gi-Oh and this was probably him paying homage to that, but I don't like it and wish he didn't do it. On the other hand, I loved Shem-Ha's original form, so I guess it balances out...kinda sorta.

I also don't like how they're mixing mythologies so much. But then again, after "Gungnir is akshualy the Spear of Longinus" I guess this stuff is par for the course for Symphogear. And yeah, I'm never going to stop being butthurt about that. But seriously, Airgetlám being related to Enki is purely plot convenience, there is no basis at all for the connection. And no, his arm being turned into silver by Shem-Ha is not enough of an excuse to mix the two, that's just retarded.

And can't they just turn Maria into the protagonist already? Ever since the new trio was introduced they keep pushing Maria to the center of things and giving her more and more screen time and relevance in the story compared to any other character. It's clear that the director and the script writer really like her, while Tsubasa must be their torture doll. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I dislike Maria, but I don't like the fact the she's been getting all this attention while the original trio have basically become side characters at this point.

The episode was nice, this season has been fucking amazing and definitely the best one so far, this is still the Symphogear that I've always loved since the first season. But for some reason I'm finding more things that I don't particularly like in this season compared to the previous ones. I guess this kind of thing happens once a while...¯_(ツ)_/¯

@DarknessReality I guess I'm not the only one that had a lot to rant about after this episode hahahah.
removed-userSep 14, 2019 2:36 PM
Sep 14, 2019 2:43 PM

May 2015
JustAnAnimeList said:
I'm gonna start by saying I absolutely hated Enki's design. I know that the director of Symphogear has also directed some seasons of Yu-Gi-Oh and this was probably him paying homage to that, but I don't like it and wish he didn't do it. On the other hand, I loved Shem-Ha's original form, so I guess it balances out...kinda sorta.

I also don't like how they're mixing mythologies so much. But then again, after "Gungnir is akshualy the Spear of Longinus" I guess this stuff is par for the course for Symphogear. And yeah, I'm never going to stop being butthurt about that. But seriously, Airgetlám being related to Enki is purely plot convenience, there is no basis at all for the connection. And no, his arm being turned into silver by Shem-Ha is not enough of an excuse to mix the two, that's just retarded.

And can't they just turn Maria into the protagonist already? Ever since the new trio was introduced they keep pushing Maria to the center of things and giving her more and more screen time and relevance in the story compared to any other character. It's clear that the director and the script writer really like her, while Tsubasa must be their torture doll. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I dislike Maria, but I don't like the fact the she's been getting all this attention while the original trio have basically become side characters at this point.

The episode was nice, this season has been fucking amazing and definitely the best one so far, this is still the Symphogear that I've always loved since the first season. But for some reason I'm finding more things that I don't particularly like in this season compared to the previous ones. I guess this kind of thing happens once a while...¯_(ツ)_/¯

@DarknessReality I guess I'm not the only one that had a lot to rant about after this episode hahahah.

Omg its a bit scary how similar our complaints are XD.
Sep 14, 2019 2:44 PM

May 2015
AsuraDestructor said:
DarknessReality said:

The guy at the beginning is reference to Wild Arms, the people who made symphogear previously created in the video game scene.

And you are taking this campy series way to seriously, bub.

I like to think of it as tough love.
Sep 14, 2019 3:00 PM
Jul 2018
DarknessReality said:
JustAnAnimeList said:

As the saying goes, great minds think alike. But seriously, I was reading the comments after posting mine and when I read yours I was like "this guy knows what's up", so I had to give you a shout out.
Sep 14, 2019 3:14 PM

May 2015
JustAnAnimeList said:
DarknessReality said:

As the saying goes, great minds think alike. But seriously, I was reading the comments after posting mine and when I read yours I was like "this guy knows what's up", so I had to give you a shout out.

Yeah all of this stuff is stuff I've been thinking for a while now. This is the first time I've met a Symphogear fan who think similarly.
Sep 14, 2019 3:17 PM
Dec 2018
Ok first I of all, I was thinking since Shem Ha awakened that she's Enlil, which is one of the Sumerian Gods in real life and Enkis half sibling. So with this episode, is getting stronger, damn.

Shem Ha says the humanity is over and is under her control, by chance, what is Enlils objective? Enslave humanity because she saw us as tools. That fight between her and Enki explain all the things various questions of the series, like what is the Curse of Balal and Airgetlams origin. Thanks Enki for all the explanation.

For the Curse of Balal, which is a equivalent of the myth of the Babels tower in real life isn't even a curse, it was the last ressource to prevent Shem Has resurrection because she transformed herself into words, if the humanity shared one language, chances are that we could become her dolls.

In the Sumerian mythology, Enlil was pissed by our "noise" so he send a flood to kill all of us, but Enki warned a human to preserve all the living things.
So Enki want to apologize to Finé, it can't be a coincidence.

Great explanation for the Airgetlams origin. Good job.

I love how Tsubasa and Maria kicked Millaarc ass but still I wanted both of them to kill her, we see the Elza now is useless, damn.

I love this episode but now we have 2 episode, I hope Miku came back for the finale of the show.

If you want know more about Enki and Enlil relationships, check this page:

https://www.annunaki.org/enki-enlil/
Sep 14, 2019 5:46 PM

Mar 2016
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hibiki and Chris kicking some ass. Cool.

We also got Tsubasa and Maria teaming up again fighting the good fight. It seems this episode is progressing towards the final two after the the amount of setup this season. Kinda exciting imo.

"Kinda exciting"??!! Really?! Okay, well, according to the usual Symphogear standards, it's pretty good xDDD
Sep 14, 2019 6:09 PM
Aug 2015
Great Episode unexpected suprise of Fushichō no Flamme returning while using Amalgam while showing the 3 geah teams fighting wiith explosive songs to meet up with eachother encountering different issues of their own.
Sep 14, 2019 7:38 PM
Sep 2017
Kinda sad how no one so far has mentioned how Millaarc's "Open Bat!" is a direct reference to Getter Robo.
Sep 14, 2019 8:59 PM
Jul 2018
DarknessReality said:
JustAnAnimeList said:

Yeah all of this stuff is stuff I've been thinking for a while now. This is the first time I've met a Symphogear fan who think similarly.

I've been annoyed about some stuff ever since last season, like how they keep pushing Maria to the spotlight while making the original trio almost into secondary characters and how they use mythology in this show purely for a "coolness factor". I just finally decided to let it all out before these mild annoyances started to affect my enjoyment of this show. But yeah, it was interesting to see that someone else shares a similar opinion to mine about the flaws of this show.
removed-userSep 14, 2019 9:08 PM
Sep 14, 2019 10:14 PM

May 2015
Alright, we're going to need a prequel or a movie about Enki and Shem-ha now...

Reusing assets from AXZ...but that's fine.

Milliaarc has the Bat Within!

Fushichou no Flamme makes its return!

Maria has the best Amalgam suit. Just look at that silver sexiness!

Yggdrasil is taking root, and the world is in danger. Whatever the gears have in mind to stop this chaos, they better do it fast. We only got two episodes left!
Sep 15, 2019 2:24 AM

May 2015
JustAnAnimeList said:
DarknessReality said:

I've been annoyed about some stuff ever since last season, like how they keep pushing Maria to the spotlight while making the original trio almost into secondary characters and how they use mythology in this show purely for a "coolness factor". I just finally decided to let it all out before these mild annoyances started to affect my enjoyment of this show. But yeah, it was interesting to see that someone else shares a similar opinion to mine about the flaws of this show.

OMG YES. Them using Maria as a literal plot device to give her more attention is annoying as hell. Like why? Wasn't this season supposed to be about Hibiki and Miku and god powers. Not "Oh we didn't mention this thing ever that we maybe should have hinted at some point but meeeh we'll just tell you now".
Its getting in the way of my HibiMiku goodness.

The mythology stuff is getting a bit confusing at this point. It started off easy and simple, the gears all had some link to mythology which linked to their weapon, cool. But then they started adding more and more and its getting really convoluted and hard to follow.

I still love Symphogear though just this season is really stretching it.
Sep 15, 2019 2:57 AM

Oct 2007
Shem-ha vs Enki battle is short but intense. So that's why Enki is heavily wounded on the start of episode 1.

Tsubasa now knows how to protect herself from Millaarc mind control. Anyway, looks like protecting the Lunar Ruins would be the objective this time. It would be game over for everyone if the Curse of Balal is removed.
Liddo-kunSep 15, 2019 3:21 AM
Sep 15, 2019 2:59 AM

Aug 2013
Two episodes until it all ends....not sure I can imagine life without any more Symphogear seasons after this. How will it all end? Where will the series leave us? All this sweet lore just pouring out giving me PTSD level flashbacks of exposition glory in the first season. I'ma cry.
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 15, 2019 3:07 AM

Oct 2007
JustAnAnimeList said:

while Tsubasa must be their torture doll.

70,000 people died in her concert. Evil grandpa kills her dad. Tsubasa almost kill evil grandpa. Granpa is now in prison. Tsubasa not able to attend dad funeral because of shame, she is handcuffed.

Indeed, looks like Tsubasa got all the bad stuff this season. Her singing career and her family is a wreck.
Sep 15, 2019 5:27 AM

May 2016

The storyboard for XV 11 was done by Shunsuke Machitani, who is also a semi-regular storyboard artist on Yugioh anime (including Arc-V), which may or may not be a coincidence.I saw a bunch of people saying that Shem-ha and Enki look like YGO characters, and I’m not surprised Ono brought in some of his friends who worked on YGO to do guest storyboards or animation like that. I’ve seen some comparison screenshots, there’s quite a few references to 5D’s in Symphogear tbh. It’s not just Yu-Gi-Oh, but Kamen Rider, Precure and the list goes on. I mean, I’m not surprised. 5D’s was Katsumi Ono’s second director role but his first really big one, and the fact that they managed to get him back for Arc-V and him sneaking in references into Symphogear makes me certain that he’s quite attached to the franchise. Just like how most fans love the Precure series for the cute designs and the well done character arc each had.

Another theory comes to my mind: What if Ono Katsumi likes Kamen Rider? I’ve seen him tweet a few times about Kamen Rider Rider. It’s no wonder Ono has a passion for working.
Sep 15, 2019 5:37 AM

May 2016
Shem-Ha and Enki are seriously 100% Yu-Gi-Oh 7 characters y'all
Sep 15, 2019 5:38 AM

May 2016
Since Symphogear XV should be more or less done production-wise, I kinda hope that Yugioh 7 will be directed by Katsumi Ono again because he’s good.

REALLY would be unshocked if Katsumi Ono returned as Series Director for YGO 7.

Since Symphogear XV is almost done and VRAINS is coming to an end in about 2 more weeks. For the seventh series, I bet the anime production studio wants to minimize those problems as much as possible, so they are planning out the next series more extensively and giving animators more breathing room. If VRAINS ending early results in the next series being better, I’m all for it.

I’m also looking outside of Ygo looking forward to the new Precure series y’all
Sep 15, 2019 9:37 AM
Jul 2019
DarknessReality said:

Biki or Miku better not die, or we will riot. I wonder how the Hibiki vs Shem-ha Miku fight will be like. Tsubasa (my best girl) and Maria both did great this episode, even if Maria is getting too much attention this season. I love your thoughts on this series, dude. Symphogear XV is probably my favorite show this season, and definitely one of my favorites this year
Sep 15, 2019 10:42 AM

May 2015
UncleJojo said:
DarknessReality said:

Biki or Miku better not die, or we will riot. I wonder how the Hibiki vs Shem-ha Miku fight will be like. Tsubasa (my best girl) and Maria both did great this episode, even if Maria is getting too much attention this season. I love your thoughts on this series, dude. Symphogear XV is probably my favorite show this season, and definitely one of my favorites this year

Im surprised you liked my vomit of complaints XD.

Yeah Im not worried in the slightest of Hibiki or Miku dying because, this is Symphogear, none of the main cast are gonna die its not that type of show.

What I cant wait for is when Miku finally gets a gear she can fight along side Hibiki with. She's always went on about wanting to protect Hibiki too so I'd love to finally see it in action like we do in the game.

Also HibiMiku kiss. I doubt it'll happen but we can pray XD.
Sep 16, 2019 7:38 AM

Dec 2009
When is that vampire bitch gonna get hell for that 10k massacre holy shit.

I found this episode an upgrade from last at least. It felt more like what we had before last ep, not great, bot not doing anything blatantly stupid.

@DarknessReality
I somewhat agree with the other 3 being main characters sucks too much spotlight from Hibiki, Tsubasa and poor Chris lovers, barely any screentime or show off. The show is trying to juggle too many things at once for it's style. Though Shirabe is still my fav girl, so i'm mixed.

I also agree that Enki just seems like some kind of tokusatsu/sentai hero, more than some god of the old world. More flamboyant superhero costume than badass (also, why a pata sword?)... Shem-Ha looks pretty godlike and neat tho.

For some reason i vaguely recall Maria's gear having weird ancient relevance over the others from before, so her gear doing hings wasn't completely ass-full.

Overall i honestly had originally had a totally different impression from earlier on in the series. At the very least it has been doing a lot of "subverting expectations" but in that modern popular unsavoury way i guess... When the entity that turned out to be Shem-Ha, i expected some epic like beast of destruction, here comes the monster that ends worlds type thing maybe... Then come Shem-Ha, i was expecting a hyper-goddess to be a lot more badass and extremely pretentious, with an inhuman level of self-elevated perspective... you know that whole "you primitive organisms cannot comprehend my existence" type shit, but now it's more like just some evil mastermind with a many thousand year old plot to do, what exactly? Amass a bunch of weapons using the earth? Then what, fight an interstellar war with someone else? This whole Yggdrasil thing is weird, and actually reminding me of Zetsuen no Tempest haha (better anime at doing the war of trees plot). Also, Shem-Ha, like i said before, should have just utterly dispatched noble red permanently, and just cut Fudo in half as she emerged from underground, demonstrating her overwhelming power as she removes all the prior adversaries at the wave of a hand just in passing simply because they were in the way.
...Once again, not my story, and that's fine. I know i can (and will) be a far better writer and share some of my epic shit with the world one day.

I hope that something like Hibiki or the lot of them knock Miku and Shem-Ha separate, Miku keeps the Shem-Ha gear, and Shem-Ha in her original manifestation for final fight.

And yes, onegai kisu shimasu, chuuuuuu~!
GenesisAriaSep 16, 2019 7:59 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Sep 16, 2019 9:44 AM

May 2015
GenesisAria said:
When is that vampire bitch gonna get hell for that 10k massacre holy shit.

I found this episode an upgrade from last at least. It felt more like what we had before last ep, not great, bot not doing anything blatantly stupid.

@DarknessReality
I somewhat agree with the other 3 being main characters sucks too much spotlight from Hibiki, Tsubasa and poor Chris lovers, barely any screentime or show off. The show is trying to juggle too many things at once for it's style. Though Shirabe is still my fav girl, so i'm mixed.

I also agree that Enki just seems like some kind of tokusatsu/sentai hero, more than some god of the old world. More flamboyant superhero costume than badass (also, why a pata sword?)... Shem-Ha looks pretty godlike and neat tho.

For some reason i vaguely recall Maria's gear having weird ancient relevance over the others from before, so her gear doing hings wasn't completely ass-full.

Overall i honestly had originally had a totally different impression from earlier on in the series. At the very least it has been doing a lot of "subverting expectations" but in that modern popular unsavoury way i guess... When the entity that turned out to be Shem-Ha, i expected some epic like beast of destruction, here comes the monster that ends worlds type thing maybe... Then come Shem-Ha, i was expecting a hyper-goddess to be a lot more badass and extremely pretentious, with an inhuman level of self-elevated perspective... you know that whole "you primitive organisms cannot comprehend my existence" type shit, but now it's more like just some evil mastermind with a many thousand year old plot to do, what exactly? Amass a bunch of weapons using the earth? Then what, fight an interstellar war with someone else? This whole Yggdrasil thing is weird, and actually reminding me of Zetsuen no Tempest haha (better anime at doing the war of trees plot). Also, Shem-Ha, like i said before, should have just utterly dispatched noble red permanently, and just cut Fudo in half as she emerged from underground, demonstrating her overwhelming power as she removes all the prior adversaries at the wave of a hand just in passing simply because they were in the way.
...Once again, not my story, and that's fine. I know i can (and will) be a far better writer and share some of my epic shit with the world one day.

I hope that something like Hibiki or the lot of them knock Miku and Shem-Ha separate, Miku keeps the Shem-Ha gear, and Shem-Ha in her original manifestation for final fight.

And yes, onegai kisu shimasu, chuuuuuu~!

I had the exact same thoughts when Shem Ha originally cut Noble Red. I was hoping they'd use that to show the scale of the gods power and that the enemies of this season were ants in comparison. But of course Symphogear would never do something interesting like that.

I swear if Miku doesn't get a gear and fights along with Hibiki Im gonna riot. Its possible because its been established that Shenshoujing was mixed in with Shem Ha so all Miku needs to do is take that and bam her gear is back.

Miku has been the focus this season so not giving her a gear and song in Symphogear of all things that are focused around those things would be criminal.

I love Shem Ha she's cool and godly. I'm just worried they'll do a Fudo and introduce an interesting villain only for them to just turn them psychotic like literally every other villain Symphogear has ever had. Something fresh is a nice welcome.

#KeepShemHaCool
Sep 16, 2019 2:51 PM

Sep 2017
Pretty cool reveal. I was pretty hyped up towards the end. Looking forward to seeing this get wrapped up. Props to the Symphogear fans dedicated enough to keep up with all the intricate details of the plot. It's pretty much just nonsense and hype to me.
Sep 17, 2019 5:14 AM

Oct 2007
GenesisAria said:

perhaps he's designed to look like a hero to show some of the younger audience watching this that he's a good guy. He activated the Curse of Balal, but it is revelead to be actually what protected people from becoming enslaved by Shem-ha.
Sep 20, 2019 7:38 AM

May 2016
Next Week i'll review Symphogear XV
Sep 20, 2019 1:11 PM
Dec 2018
AlphaOmegaKnight said:
Next Week i'll review Symphogear XV

Really?! Yeah!!!!!!!!
Oct 16, 2019 2:11 PM

Jun 2013
Tsubasa and Maria friendship are even better. Glad to see Tsubasa finally find a best friend that can fight and share her suffers.
Nice mate:
ryanstrikeOct 16, 2019 2:22 PM
Jan 24, 2021 11:24 AM

Nov 2009
I feel like even with all the hype the Amalgam fights are pretty underwhelming, I couldn't even tell what was happening on screen when Tsubasa and Maria were fighting Batgirl lol
May 11, 2021 8:52 AM

Feb 2020
Tsubasa and Maria are so beautiful together. <3
Jun 18, 2021 6:44 AM

Feb 2014
YOOOOO MARIA'S DRAGON ARM WAS SOOOOO COOOL!!!! I wonder why she was the one who was directed to the control room on the moon. Maybe her gear has some connection to the moon, since there's not much they know about it? In the beginning of the last episode, Miku seemed to be very interested in it too. Ngl, it looks an awful lot like Enki's arm that he cut off, and it's silver too...and Enki is the one who gave the curse of Balal...and the curse of Balal is basically the same at the tower of Babel...which was in Mesopotamia...which is where modern day Iraq...and Vanessa said that they didn't know anything about Maria's gear and that it was found by the US during the Iraq war so...oooooooh????? Maybe I'm reading into it too much lol

Really interesting how the curse of Balal was what cursed humanity but also protects it from Shem-Ha!

Miku still has a little bit of her true self left, I hope she can pull through!!! I hope everyone in HQ is okay too!!!
Noodle070Jun 18, 2021 6:47 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2022 1:18 AM

Jul 2017
I just can't say it enough, this season is absolutely smackin!

Sep 17, 2023 7:01 PM

Nov 2010
The battle between Shem-ha & Enki looked cool!
Shem-ha's original form is hot!

Interesting revelations in this episode. I'm not supporting Shem-ha with her plans. I thought she would create a utopia unless, as her "weapons," all of us get to live a comfortable life as long as we unquestioningly follow her orders to the letter. I don't mind becoming her weapon if that's the case.

I can't get enough of Millaarc's sexiness! Since most of her bats got destroyed. Can she return to normal, or is she forever stuck as that tiny bat? That would suck.

More topics from this board

» New Symphogear project announced

Monkiesmata - Nov 20, 2022

12 by Ex-Aid »»
Apr 9, 8:58 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear XV Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2019

42 by rsc-pl »»
Dec 10, 2023 5:02 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear XV Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2019

85 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 17, 2023 8:37 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear XV Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2019

52 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 17, 2023 7:51 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear XV Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2019

41 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 17, 2023 6:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.