Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 15, 2019 4:28 AM
Aug 2016
Hey, what do you guys think about the people who believe the Earth is flat?
Are you one of those people?
Sep 15, 2019 4:29 AM

Feb 2019
Sheeple think either the Earth is a geode or it's flat, but I'm truly woke and know for a fact the Earth is a donut.
Sep 15, 2019 5:20 AM
Jul 2018
If you are persistent and annoying enough, maybe they will invite you for one of those parable flights, so why not. I don't even know how many flat earthlers are just trolls.
Sep 15, 2019 5:41 AM
Feb 2017
Earth-chan is not flat, thus they’re wrong.
Sep 15, 2019 5:43 AM

Aug 2014
Flat Earthers should learn more about the science that demonstrates the Earth is an oblate spheroid.

I've watched many hours of flat Earth videos, primarily for entertainment purposes. I think the reason they're so compelling for some people is that they focus on details that, on their own, seem to suggest the Earth is flat. They're taken out of context, of course, while ignoring all the stuff that shows it's not flat.

Obligatory meme:

Sep 15, 2019 5:58 AM

Jul 2016
I think it's hilarious tbh, but at the same time kinda depressing. Cause like, at the core of the whole movement (as with a lot of fringe movements like it) is at least a sliver of systemic critique, but it's projected outwards in completely the wrong direction, into the realm of literal conspiracy theory.
Sep 15, 2019 6:50 AM

Jan 2009
conspiracy theories like this have some seemingly advance science on them too in the eyes of layman like me but to experts in the field im sure those are pseudoscience to them

they should follow Elon Musk project called Starlink that will send 12000 satellites (for worldwide cheap internet purpose) around Earth and to figure out if its really Flat or not lol
Sep 15, 2019 3:06 PM

Aug 2017
I think it's funny, although it's a bit worrying as well.
Sep 15, 2019 3:15 PM
May 2019
I'm still not convinced that isn't some elaborate trolling. Sometimes It's hard to believe that there are people who are that ignorant.
Sep 15, 2019 3:21 PM

Feb 2018
Yes, the earth is flat, man never went to the moon and the planes fumigate us. Everything is a government conspiracy.

heg said:
conspiracy theories like this have some seemingly advance science on them too in the eyes of layman like me but to experts in the field im sure those are pseudoscience to them

they should follow Elon Musk project called Starlink that will send 12000 satellites (for worldwide cheap internet purpose) around Earth and to figure out if its really Flat or not lol

Isn't it enough that they get on a plane to see the curve of the earth?
Sep 15, 2019 3:24 PM

Jan 2009
@Minerbit

ye they can do that too if they want but i think a lot of flat earthers already took planes just look at Kyrie Irving an NBA player that goes to plane rides a lot and he is still a flat earther lol
Sep 15, 2019 3:25 PM

Jul 2007
What do world governments stand to gain by pretending the world is round?
Sep 15, 2019 3:51 PM

Jun 2016
Flat Earth is a psyop pushed by filthy greedy hand-rubbing JEWS to cover up the existence of the CUBE EARTH

Sep 15, 2019 3:52 PM

Aug 2008
I suppose everyone needs to beleive in one conspiracy at least though flat earthers should pick one that is a bit more likely. Like aliens or lizard people controlling the government. Thinking "They Live" is a documentary is much more entertaining.
Sep 16, 2019 1:25 AM
Aug 2016
Lost_Viking said:
Flat Earth is a psyop pushed by filthy greedy hand-rubbing JEWS to cover up the existence of the CUBE EARTH

And that's how the minecraft planet looks like. A cube.
Sep 16, 2019 1:31 AM

Aug 2012
Minerbit said:
Yes, the earth is flat, man never went to the moon and the planes fumigate us. Everything is a government conspiracy.-snip-]
That's fake. It's turtles all the way down! Stop spreading misinformation.
Sep 16, 2019 10:22 AM

Jun 2016
Maneki-Mew said:
If you are persistent and annoying enough, maybe they will invite you for one of those parable flights, so why not. I don't even know how many flat earthlers are just trolls.

pretty much all of them. people find it funny to make others mad arguing about trivial things
Sep 16, 2019 10:29 AM

Aug 2014
DaConduit said:
pretty much all of them. people find it funny to make others mad arguing about trivial things

Trust me, a good number of them are 100% serious and genuinely believe the Earth is flat.

Here's video footage of a flat Earth convention.

And here's one of the "better" long flat Earth documentaries, if you want to familiarize yourself with the type of reasoning the flat Earth cult tends to use.

Sep 16, 2019 10:49 AM

Jun 2016
SadMadoka said:
DaConduit said:

Trust me, a good number of them are 100% serious and genuinely believe the Earth is flat.

Here's video footage of a flat Earth convention.

And here's one of the "better" long flat Earth documentaries, if you want to familiarize yourself with the type of reasoning the flat Earth cult tends to use.

ngl after watching a few clips, I'm even more convinced they're just bored people who enjoy a bit of mental exercise. so no different from people who troll debate online. shame they can't be using their brains for anything else
Sep 16, 2019 12:52 PM

Jul 2019
History is going to remember them as misunderstood intellectuals of our time.

Never explain,
Never retract,
Never apologize
Just get the thing done
And let them howl
Sep 16, 2019 4:37 PM
Jul 2018
AnimeFeminist said:
History is going to remember them as misunderstood intellectuals of our time.
[picture]

really says a lot about the so called "society" we live in when i'd wife up earth-chan whether she was flat or not
Sep 16, 2019 9:30 PM

Apr 2019
I'm one of those people who thinks that the world is Flat, and yes I'm being serious.
Been one since '16

Sep 16, 2019 9:35 PM

Mar 2019
Kuroko-chan said:
I think the same of them as I think of the man who believes in Abrahamic deities, as I think of the man who believes in horoscopes, as I think of the man who believes that leaving fans on at night can kill a him, as I think of the man that believes that Iraq had w.m.d.'s.

Men that believe not in obvious falsehoods with a degree of conviction are a rarity indeed, and consequently my opinion of most men men is not very high.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Sep 18, 2019 4:38 AM

Oct 2010
If earth is flat as they say, why can't I see Everest from Romania? Neither of their laser experiments were made live so they could've changed the results. I kinda don't care about earth's shape, but I like my Earth-chan round.
Sep 18, 2019 10:48 AM

Mar 2018
You are all wrong. It's a well-known fact that we live in a simulated world.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 18, 2019 10:54 AM

Jun 2016
The Earth is banana-shaped you witless disabled troglodytes.
Sep 18, 2019 12:18 PM

Jul 2019
If the earth was flat then you could walk and fall off the edge when you reached the other side.

Build The Cities (Empire Of Sound) [feat. Kerli]
Tristam x Karma Fields

00:58━━━━⬤━━━━━━━━━━━━━04:01
⇆ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵◃ ❚❚ ▹ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵↻
Sep 18, 2019 12:23 PM

Feb 2010
yesh we've had the moon land hoax thread

and now a flat earth thread??

how long before the inside job threads start showing up?

Luchse said:

no last i checked that was a hypothesis
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulation_hypothesis

oh wait were you joking?

so hard to tell nowadays with some stuff people actually believe >_>
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Sep 18, 2019 12:26 PM

Mar 2018
hazarddex said:
yesh we've had the moon land hoax thread

and now a flat earth thread??

how long before the inside job threads start showing up?

Luchse said:

no last i checked that was a hypothesis
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulation_hypothesis

oh wait were you joking?

so hard to tell nowadays with some stuff people actually believe >_>
Yes it was a joke. I do get your point tho.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 18, 2019 12:39 PM

Aug 2009
Kuroko-chan said:

I think they are internet trolls screwing with people. Even during Christopher Columbus's day most people didn't believe the earth was flat.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/answer-sheet/post/busting-a-myth-about-columbus-and-a-flat-earth/2011/10/10/gIQAXszQaL_blog.html?noredirect=on
Sep 18, 2019 1:02 PM

Aug 2014
Masuko_Senpai said:
If the earth was flat then you could walk and fall off the edge when you reached the other side.

Don't worry, the flat Earthers have that covered! (And yes, they really believe this stuff.)

https://wiki.tfes.org/The_Ice_Wall

It reminds me of the final episode of Hunter x Hunter (2011) wherein it was revealed that a world far larger and more mysterious than the one they knew surrounded theirs.

Sep 18, 2019 2:07 PM

Jul 2019
SadMadoka said:
Masuko_Senpai said:

Don't worry, the flat Earthers have that covered! (And yes, they really believe this stuff.)

https://wiki.tfes.org/The_Ice_Wall

It reminds me of the final episode of Hunter x Hunter (2011) wherein it was revealed that a world far larger and more mysterious than the one they knew surrounded theirs.

I still don't know how and why the believe it tho. its common sense to know that the earth is a sphere like shape which is rotated at an angle of 23.5 degrees. it's because of this we have seasons and time zones. If the earth was really flat, then how would we have all of this?

Build The Cities (Empire Of Sound) [feat. Kerli]
Tristam x Karma Fields

00:58━━━━⬤━━━━━━━━━━━━━04:01
⇆ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵◃ ❚❚ ▹ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵↻
Sep 18, 2019 2:16 PM

Aug 2014
Masuko_Senpai said:
I still don't know how and why the believe it tho. its common sense to know that the earth is a sphere like shape which is rotated at an angle of 23.5 degrees. it's because of this we have seasons and time zones. If the earth was really flat, then how would we have all of this?

Yes, there are probably hundreds of things that demonstrate the Earth is an oblate spheroid. As I mentioned in a prior post, they believe the Earth is flat due to focusing on isolated phenomena taken out of context while ignoring the rest. There's some interesting stuff in flat Earth documentaries. (Like the one I linked above.) In the past, I watched them because they were a good place to learn about freaky things in nature.
Sep 18, 2019 3:35 PM

May 2016
I love to laugh at them but then I start to worry about people that ignorant when I think about it more.
Sep 19, 2019 10:07 PM

Sep 2013
idk i just think they lack critical thinking skills
Sep 19, 2019 11:43 PM

Sep 2018
If the earth was flat, why do planes fly in a curve between 2 points on a flat map? Do they honestly think they waste fuel just to keep up the pretence?

They remind me of religious nuts, so stupid that once they believe something, they aren't going to change their mind, no matter what.
Sep 20, 2019 1:16 AM

Mar 2012
i thought it was a meme, it never crossed my mind that people thought the earth was flat, as far as im concerned theyre on the level of westboro baptists churchists trolls
Sep 20, 2019 1:23 AM

Mar 2008
There is absolutely no political reason or scientific reason for people to lie about the shape of the Earth. The only people that think it are flat do so because of religious reasons it seems. They are terrified of being wrong.
Sep 20, 2019 1:39 AM

Sep 2009
Maybe Flat Earth believers will be happier marrying those who think the same as them...
Sep 20, 2019 2:21 AM

Apr 2019
QPR said:
If the earth was flat, why do planes fly in a curve between 2 points on a flat map? Do they honestly think they waste fuel just to keep up the pretence?

@QPR
That's easy to answer. It will be clear to you if you only do your own research.

Flight database map of airplane travel path
UK to Washington flight path

I won't force anyone here to believe me, as no one forced me to believe them. If you want the truth, you'll seek the truth.
So all I can say is, do your own research, don't believe what any textbooks tell you until proven otherwise.

Sep 20, 2019 7:35 AM

Sep 2018
Nothing shows up for me except that link that proves the earth is round as that is the only way to make that a straight line.

I wont bother arguing, you just proved their argument wrong.
Sep 20, 2019 8:37 AM
Jul 2018
I want to ask why the flat earthler moon isn't flat, but then I remembered that it's not natural but a hollow Death Star.
Sep 23, 2019 1:39 PM
Sep 2019
I suspect Flat Earth and Young Creationism are trolling psyops to make fun of the whole Rights given by God thing and how giving common people power is a dangerous thing similar to how Jim Jones wanted to get rid of Christianity's hold on people. Fred Phelps was a Civil Rights lawyer who worked his arse off for the civil rights movement back in the 50s and 60s back when people were getting lynched. You laughed at Jack Chick but Steve Bannon spoke at the Vatican.

xoyic1Sep 23, 2019 2:11 PM
Sep 23, 2019 1:41 PM

May 2013
It's a really influential book written by Thomas the Tank Engine, you should reads it sometimes!

I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Sep 23, 2019 1:54 PM

Mar 2018
ghostlybreeze said:
idk i just think they lack critical thinking skills
They lack any kind of a thinking skill lol

Sep 26, 2019 10:33 AM

Nov 2018
I just think they need to take a good look at the world around them and get out of their fantasy worlds......
I'm not a flat-earther :)
Sep 27, 2019 7:29 AM

Sep 2007
Of course the Earth is flat. Have you ever been in a pool or the ocean? The water is FLAT not curved.

More topics from this board

» Would you ever be interested in going on a blind date?

Thy-Veseveia - 3 hours ago

8 by deg »»
8 minutes ago

» What do yall collect? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bevarnow - Jan 25

313 by Lightskynight »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » If we eat the mermaid's tail, is it cannibalism or is it fish meat?

Absurdo_N - 3 hours ago

18 by deg »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - 5 hours ago

11 by phantom346 »»
23 minutes ago

Poll: » In the future there will be battles for love between species from other planets(theory)

Absurdo_N - 2 hours ago

5 by Adnash »»
31 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.