Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 14, 2019 10:33 AM
Sep 2015
I like this episode a lot! Captain Obi is hot in those suit, 1st team captain is as muscular as usual. 7th team captain gives a 'bad-boy' aura. Shinra and Arthur are couple and no one can convince me otherwise!
Sep 14, 2019 11:05 AM
Jan 2019
A revealing episode about Adolla Burst and Shinra's brother. Shinra is special, now he will not only be under the eye of the evangelist but also those of the other companies. How is it that Sho, a child, can be commander of an order of knights, unless he is as strong or even more than Shinra. The appearance of the Joker was surprising but useful. I am glad that in the end Shinra decided to tell the truth to Captain Obi and his companions of the Eighth Company, a great weight was taken off. Shinra could not fall into better hands 😁. I just hope there isn't a traitor among them.

Ps: Where the hell was Arthur? And what's up with the pets that appeared during the episode? 😅
Sep 14, 2019 11:38 AM

Aug 2009
This episode was awesome, finally it made the show interesting to me.
Sep 14, 2019 1:53 PM

May 2015
Sadly this show didn't improve after last week's episode as I hoped . More info dumps, more forced fanservice Tamaki, more boring comedy, more creepy still shots of the characters without faces... guess this is as far as I go.

This show couldn't have a worse time to be airing. Having to share this season with the second cour of Demon Slayer, which was way better than the first, and next season with the 4th season of My Hero Academia, which starts in one of the most instense arcs of the story. Even without counting Dr. Stone which is a slightly better shounen. Maybe if it aired last year when there weren't so many shounen shows airing at the same time to compare Fire Force with it wouldn't feel so boring for me.
KorhalChildSep 14, 2019 1:59 PM
Sep 14, 2019 2:11 PM
Aug 2019
TheDopplerEffect said:
What's with this anime's obsession with a still shot of a character(s) who does nothing? It happened in every episode, and in this one more than in any other. The cuts are sloppy all around, the comedy is terribly misstimed more often than not and the fan service is seriously getting out of hand with the most random scenarios.

I am confused a bit what are you suggesting that the fanservice should be more predictable and have the right timing? because it is in the part of your statement that the timing is random so this means you wouldn't had any problem if the fanservice was predictable right?

But why i think if the fanservice was predictable you would complain about been predictable?
Sep 14, 2019 2:40 PM

Nov 2017
Gourmetforce said:
TheDopplerEffect said:
What's with this anime's obsession with a still shot of a character(s) who does nothing? It happened in every episode, and in this one more than in any other. The cuts are sloppy all around, the comedy is terribly misstimed more often than not and the fan service is seriously getting out of hand with the most random scenarios.

I am confused a bit what are you suggesting that the fanservice should be more predictable and have the right timing? because it is in the part of your statement that the timing is random so this means you wouldn't had any problem if the fanservice was predictable right?

But why i think if the fanservice was predictable you would complain about been predictable?

First of all, being predictable and having right timing are two entirely different things. You're mixing them up on purpose.
Second of all, why are you putting words in my mouth? What, out of all the things I said here or elsewhere had let you to believe that I would or wouldn't complain about certain things? You're basically complaining about an imaginary situation where I'm complaining about something. This is just peak strawmaning.
Sep 14, 2019 4:14 PM

Jul 2016
So, I guess Arthur becoming a Jedi in the previous episode was just for comical purposes as I expected.

Kind of a transition episode this week. It was quite average but I liked the focus it gave to the bonds the team shares. Especially, gotta say that the scene with Shinra telling his teammates about his brother and the support they showed to him in the end was quite sweet to see.

And by the way, I might see his character mostly as a joke for the time being but for some reason, I found Arthur's action of keep giving food to Shinra quite adorable...
Sep 14, 2019 4:15 PM

May 2018
Good episode, not boring and starts to be more exciting. It is nice to see all of the 8 commanders of fire force company. The most exciting part is when Joker decided to show up and talks about the commander that servers the Evangelist that turns out to be Shinra's brother, looking forward to their fight, brother vs brother.

Sep 14, 2019 8:14 PM

Aug 2018
This Shit is Getting Good By Every Episode
Sep 14, 2019 9:25 PM
Mar 2017
This episode marked the line that now things will get serious, first the Tokyo Empire Emperor makes his appearance and calls an emergency meeting with the captains of the 8 companies and then Joker appears and drops a notice to Shinra that left him shocked.

The episode had a very funny beginning that shows the chemistry of squad 8, including Tamaki who recently joined and also Princess Hibana who pampers Shinra with her homemade lunch, seeing Hibana happy is something too cute and that girly talk with her, Maki and Iris just makes me like her more.

At last we met the rest of the captains of the remaining companies, the one that most caught my attention was Dr. Giovanni, his design makes you suspect him, it also seems that he is also connected to the Haijima company, most likely that he has business as shady as Hibana had with the company.
The other character that caught my attention was Soichiro Hague, he has that aura of a veteran man who has seen a lot of action and that scar on his face is proof of that. It was good to see another woman captain apart from Hibana, I hope to know more about Kayoko soon.
Benimaru looks a bit like Joker, his attitude and appearance reminded me of him, but maybe it's just a coincidence.

More information is revealed about what the Adolla Burst is and why its importance for the evangelists, which I personally appreciate since knowing what the villain wants makes you want to know how he will achieve it.

Tamaki service is always welcome, I laughed so much when she tripped over her skirt and instead of falling on Shinra, she kneeled him in the face, but the best part was when she and Maki went to cook and Tamaki finished with a naked apron ... damn I laughed a lot as she and Maki withdrew, the way Maki covered half naked Tanaki was hilarious .

Joker reappears before Shinra and this time he does not come to fight, but to reward Shinra for his discovery of the evangelists, Joker reveals to Shinra that Sho, his younger brother is alive and is commander of an order of knights of the Evangelists, this leaves Shinra with mixed feelings, but finally he sees that he can trust in his companions and shares this revealing information, maybe Sho and Shinra eventually cross each other's path, but not in a family encounter, but rather in a tough battle.
salbery755Sep 14, 2019 9:33 PM
Sep 14, 2019 9:35 PM

Feb 2014
LeloTheUnamused said:
Hylianticipated said:
Someone want to explain what the whole thing with Benimaru Shinmon being pointed out as a proto-nationalist? In this fictional world what is that supposed to mean? And why was it pointed it out when he corrected his name?

In (our) Japan, names are generally said in the order "Family Name" "First Name", it's just how they pronunce them and have done it for centuries. After they opened to the rest of the world, they started to adopt many western words, traditions and also naming order, but they kept their mostly for tradition.
You see it all the time in anime: japanese people usually call each other by the "Family Name""First Name" order.
In modern Japanese society iirc there is no obligation to use one or the other, so people choose in what way they call others, even tho the classical way is used most of the times.
For ancient names from before 1800 or around that, like with Oda Nobunaga, it is used the "Family Name" "First Name" order even by western people, that's the convention.
All of this naming rules also include the "respect rules" that Japanese people have, such as using honorifics and considering rude to call someone by their first name without any honorific, unless they're really close to you.

Now, back to Fire Force...

basically, we know that the world is a mess and that what was left of Japan (the now Tokyo Empire) took in a lot of refugees from many other countries around the world. This is why you see many people that are not typically japanese (like Arthur, for example), and this reflect on the naming too.
Basically, in the show they always use western-style naming, saying like Shinra Kusakabe instead of Kusakabe Shinra, Akitarou Obi instead of Obi Akitarou etc, and they also call each other mostly by their first name with not mani honorifics involved.

Benimaru insists on using anciend naming on everyone and expects people to do the same with him. That's why people notice it and point that out.

TL;DR it's tied to japanese culture and how it evolved and changed due to many sociological factors in the world of Fire Force. Benimaru doesn't accept it and is therefore a more "japanese language/tradition purist", so to speak

This is a great explanation, I was confused about that as well. Thank you!
Sep 14, 2019 10:55 PM

Dec 2015
LeloTheUnamused said:
Hylianticipated said:
Someone want to explain what the whole thing with Benimaru Shinmon being pointed out as a proto-nationalist? In this fictional world what is that supposed to mean? And why was it pointed it out when he corrected his name?

In (our) Japan, names are generally said in the order "Family Name" "First Name", it's just how they pronunce them and have done it for centuries. After they opened to the rest of the world, they started to adopt many western words, traditions and also naming order, but they kept their mostly for tradition.
You see it all the time in anime: japanese people usually call each other by the "Family Name""First Name" order.
In modern Japanese society iirc there is no obligation to use one or the other, so people choose in what way they call others, even tho the classical way is used most of the times.
For ancient names from before 1800 or around that, like with Oda Nobunaga, it is used the "Family Name" "First Name" order even by western people, that's the convention.
All of this naming rules also include the "respect rules" that Japanese people have, such as using honorifics and considering rude to call someone by their first name without any honorific, unless they're really close to you.

basically, we know that the world is a mess and that what was left of Japan (the now Tokyo Empire) took in a lot of refugees from many other countries around the world. This is why you see many people that are not typically japanese (like Arthur, for example), and this reflect on the naming too.
Basically, in the show they always use western-style naming, saying like Shinra Kusakabe instead of Kusakabe Shinra, Akitarou Obi instead of Obi Akitarou etc, and they also call each other mostly by their first name with not mani honorifics involved.

Benimaru insists on using anciend naming on everyone and expects people to do the same with him. That's why people notice it and point that out.

TL;DR it's tied to japanese culture and how it evolved and changed due to many sociological factors in the world of Fire Force. Benimaru doesn't accept it and is therefore a more "japanese language/tradition purist", so to speak

Thank you for taking the time to explain, but I already understand all of that. What I don't get is how does that make him a proto-nationalist? Maybe I was just expecting something deeper because that's not a term you typically use simply because someone holds a minor tradition like stating your family name first. Maintaining simple cultural traditions doesn't make you a nationalist in any sense of the word. It seems like they just threw out that term unnecessarily to further emphasize he doesn't care for the current status quo, but as I said it was entirely out of place and also unnecessary because he made it clear himself without them throwing labels around.

Again, thanks for the effort but I guess this scene just tried to be more dramatic than it was and ended up saying something dumb.
Sep 14, 2019 10:59 PM

Dec 2015
LoomyTheBrew said:
LeloTheUnamused said:

It definitely was a good explanation, but unfortunately not what I was looking for since I already understood that much. I thought there might be something more but I suppose not. Seems like the anime was just saying "proto-nationalist" unnecessarily to be edgy or something.
Sep 14, 2019 10:59 PM

Feb 2018
K1ngOfSloth said:
Yeah.. I don't like the 7th
Though I'm interested in them most of all the units.. I don't like the boss' behavior or such characters in general

Big mystery to me how Joker comes and goes basically wherever he wants

I really liked the beginning! These first minutes were so precious xd good to see them interacting.
In the end too.

This short monologue of Shinra when he told them about Sho pretty much raised some flag and I'm not thrilled by that

In the final scene we saw Sho I guess.
He should be some lil brat so I'm guessing that he will be a character with no reasoning
And that Sho will end up as the enemy was pretty obvious too.. Had that conversation with someone in another episodes discussion already lol

Wait until next arc then you will know Benimaru Shinmon is most badass character in Fire Force and also the bond between 7th Company and Asakusa people.
Sep 14, 2019 11:07 PM

Feb 2018
Hylianticipated said:
LoomyTheBrew said:

It definitely was a good explanation, but unfortunately not what I was looking for since I already understood that much. I thought there might be something more but I suppose not. Seems like the anime was just saying "proto-nationalist" unnecessarily to be edgy or something.

it will explain later in the story but not in this season. about Tokyo Empire, Sol, Solar Calendar etc.
Sep 14, 2019 11:08 PM

Dec 2015
gadboyz said:
Hylianticipated said:

it will explain later in the story but not in this season. about Tokyo Empire, Sol, Solar Calendar etc.

If there is an actual reason for using that term, then that's cool. Thanks.
Sep 14, 2019 11:10 PM

Feb 2018
YES! BENIMARU SHINMON APPEAR

he is voiced by Mamoru Miyano (who is famous for his role as Light Yagami, Rintarou Okabe, Osamu Dazai etc.). I can't wait for his fire ability being animated, please David Production make his scene with most badass way.

Also with this season have 2-cours than i expect this season will cover
Sep 15, 2019 1:12 AM
Jan 2019
Is no one gonna say anything about how the joker has AirPods?
Sep 15, 2019 2:07 AM
Aug 2019
TheDopplerEffect said:
Gourmetforce said:

First of all, being predictable and having right timing are two entirely different things. You're mixing them up on purpose.
Second of all, why are you putting words in my mouth? What, out of all the things I said here or elsewhere had let you to believe that I would or wouldn't complain about certain things? You're basically complaining about an imaginary situation where I'm complaining about something. This is just peak strawmaning.

It depends when something is coming at the right time it can also be predictable like for example if someone leaves breadcrumbs storywise that an orphan could have a brother then whenever an author decides to use that card and introduce it into the story it is predictable no matter the timing it will have.

Unpredictable is only when something you don't expect or the least expect comes out the moment you literally do not expect.

Sep 15, 2019 2:11 AM

Aug 2014
Hylianticipated said:
LeloTheUnamused said:

Thank you for taking the time to explain, but I already understand all of that. What I don't get is how does that make him a proto-nationalist? Maybe I was just expecting something deeper because that's not a term you typically use simply because someone holds a minor tradition like stating your family name first. Maintaining simple cultural traditions doesn't make you a nationalist in any sense of the word. It seems like they just threw out that term unnecessarily to further emphasize he doesn't care for the current status quo, but as I said it was entirely out of place and also unnecessary because he made it clear himself without them throwing labels around.

Again, thanks for the effort but I guess this scene just tried to be more dramatic than it was and ended up saying something dumb.

Oh, I'm sorry for misunderstanding, really.
I've seen some people miss the whole naming thing and thought you wanted that kind of explanation.

Regarding the specific term used... ngl, I think it's a choice by the subbers.
The original japanese term is not the easiest to translate, since it has apparently many meanings (I asked a friend of mine who studies japanese), so they went for meaning more than anything.
The meaning is that

So the subs decided to go with a pretty straightforward "proto-nationalist", to express that he is, in fact, tied to old traditions and the old Japanese nation rather than the "Tokyo Empire" (he also insulted and scoffed at the name of Sol, which is the only god in the one modern religion that exists in Fire Force).
As said some comments above tho, there will be an arc in Asakusa (where he lives and the 7th is located), and you'll see more about how it is there and how they live.

In short, the original meaning is a bit more broad but yes, even in its semplification, "proto-nationalist" it's not just put there as a random term.

LoomyTheBrew said:

You're welcome, feel free to ask if you ever need to know anything.
Sep 15, 2019 2:18 AM

Nov 2017
Gourmetforce said:
TheDopplerEffect said:

It depends when something is coming at the right time it can also be predictable like for example if someone leaves breadcrumbs storywise that an orphan could have a brother then whenever an author decides to use that card and introduce it into the story it is predictable no matter the timing it will have.

Unpredictable is only when something you don't expect or the least expect comes out the moment you literally do not expect.

So what? I said predictable and having good timing aren't literally the same thing. You aren't proving me wrong right now, all you're saying is that they're SOMETIMES the same. I never said they weren't. Sure, sometimes they are. Not always though, not even close.
Sep 15, 2019 2:28 AM

Oct 2017
Finally Shinmon is here, really love that guy.
Sep 15, 2019 2:41 AM

Jun 2013
Now that Benimaru is here, I'm going to enjoy it more. There will be some future characters who are fucking annoying, a lot of the female characters are pretty annoying tbh, except for Maki and Tamaki.

I love Miyano Mamoru for Benimaru.
臭い-
Sep 15, 2019 6:04 AM

Aug 2015
This was one of the best episodes so far. Great to see all the captains and what they are like. Finally, we got to see Shinra's brother. I still find the fan service with Tamaki unnecessary.
Sep 15, 2019 7:17 AM

Jul 2017
Avengers Heroes Assemble! Time for a leaders board of meeting!

Ok, before that, the intro is more of the usual banter between Hibana's caressing around the 8th and Tamaki fanservice, the usual "more people makes livelihood better" stuff.

But regardless, both the white-clad people and Evangelists are hot topics in the conference meeting. Getting to see the other captains raises a lot of questions about them.

And the Joker wearing Apple Airpods is closing on him too. Looks like Shinra is more of a target than a soldier at this point, but regardless, the 8th Company would do well to protect him at all costs, for him being God's Chosen Flame. The Joker being a literate Joker at this point to goad him into a more sinister truth, one that connects straight back to his home.

Other than the above info, girls are useless (I'm looking at you Tamaki) and guys are useful (in part of Lieutenant Hinawa). More of the SoL within Company 8, their daily lives when not in action. And of course, not without consolation for Shinra and his still-alive brother Sho, whom...has a frightening reveal as the leader of the Evangelists. Latom...?

Chill episode and a set-up before the storm that is the formation of Company 8, their history and more shenanigans for the direction of the series future. Quite the episode that I kinda liked to be honest.
KANLen09Sep 15, 2019 7:35 AM
Sep 15, 2019 1:09 PM

Oct 2017
Pretty good episode.

Finally got to see the other captains animated, especially the 7th captain.
Sep 15, 2019 1:10 PM

Oct 2008
WOW! it still cool to see all the remaining captains of other divisions!
oh so looks like the main antagonist is the brother of Shinra huh...
4/5.

Sep 15, 2019 1:18 PM

Oct 2016
-I feel bad for Arthur, getting shut down so much.
-Benimaru may end up being an interesting character. I can definitely sympathize with the whole nationalist thing in our world, but given the state of the world in this show, it doesn't really make any sense.
-We finally get to see Joker again. It was a damn good scene too. I really liked everything about it. I wonder how Shinra is going to go about his brother being on the enemy side. How much will it affect his future?
-The apron thing was so damn stupid.
-I liked the whole ending of this episode. Shinra finally trusting his allies enough to open up was really nice!
It was a nice episode. I'm finding myself getting attached to this show a bit. Might bump it up to a 7.

Gourmetforce said:
-Stray said:
This is the kind of ep I needed from this series, them taking the time to show the bonds that should have been done before entering into major arcs, well better late than never.

The start was pretty funny, like I said, showing them bond and how they interact with each other casually and not jumping from one major reveal every 3 mints.

Finally found one thing me and Shinra share, we simultaneously clicked our tongue when Arthur who was close to death suddenly got revived, that being said it was heartwarming when he kept giving his food to Shinra, a man sharing his food is a big deal! Especially from someone who was close to death just a few secs ago and got revived from hearing food is ready.

Tamaki's fitting in quite well with them, that naked apron filled me up.

Lot of info dumps too, adolla burst and Shinra's brother showing up (that was him at the end right?)

Overall, nice episode, please keep the pace and build up eps like this.

I am waiting for a proper sub or the dub i saw it but it's just in japanese version so it's hard to understand unless you know the language.

I would imagine so, haha.

MariusMan said:
Gourmetforce said:

I am waiting for a proper sub or the dub i saw it but it's just in japanese version so it's hard to understand unless you know the language.

u dont need to understand the lenguage, i see u r new to anime, after a few anime u will get use to it

Well I definitely have to disagree with this. To truly understand a story, you have to at least know what's being said. There aren't a lot of exceptions to this, I'd imagine.

Nieznajomy43 said:
Emperor of Tokyo Empire? I was hoping for a Pope.
Now there is a question is he a joke like Augustus from Black Clover or Badass like Genryūsai Shigekuni Yamamoto from Bleach?
I hope he is a second because we need justice for Old badasses with fire powers, because Yamamoto unfortunately didn't give enough justice.

Funnily enough, I was hoping for a pope too, given the whole Catholic vibe. Mass would be scary knowing you could burst into flames at any second.
I completely agree with you on Yamamoto. I wish he had more fight scenes, because he was so badass, but I also think the lack of fight scenes made it even more intense when he did fight. Like the lack of quantity increased the quality. If this emperor ends up being a Yamamoto-like character, I definitely want him to be handled like that!

Hylianticipated said:

It was especially weird given that Japan is supposedly the only inhabitable country in this world. It did seem out of place, but it may end up being interesting.
I think they pointed it out because of how the Japanese language works. They say "Last Name" "First Name", if I remember correctly

TheDopplerEffect said:

The weird stills are growing on me, to be honest.

Sep 15, 2019 6:24 PM

Apr 2009
So except for the usual Tamaki the exhibitionist’s cringe moments, the episode was pretty alright. I have stopped taking the pacing problem seriously because at this point I am pretty certain this series is not going to pick up for me and the initial excitement I felt in first five episodes was definitely a one time wonder. I am only going to watch the rest of the series for the clean and stylish animation as well as the original team 8 cast before Shinra joined, all of whom to me are likeable characters. The team 7 captain mildly piqued my interest but it was too little too soon to leave any deeper impression. Overall a decent episode, nothing out of ordinary to write home about.
Sep 15, 2019 9:33 PM

Jul 2013
interesting episode. Joker's design always stands out. I wonder where Arthur had went before (I guess it doesn't matter? Hm).
Sep 15, 2019 11:03 PM

May 2019
The pacing is different, but I'm finally starting to get the hang of it. I like the uncanny, unsettling vibe Fire Force gives off,this could become a masterpiece of psychoanalysis

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Sep 16, 2019 1:44 PM

Apr 2016
Nice episode, Shinra’s brother is interesting, I’m not sure he'll be a good character but I think he could. I don’t know when he and Shinra will meet, but I hope soon.
Sep 16, 2019 6:38 PM

Jan 2013
Glad that Shinra finally told them about his brother and about the Joker.

So the main villain is a kid? how unexpected, i wish it wasn't a kid...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 16, 2019 9:53 PM

Apr 2018
The different squad captains are really different and interesting. Damn we already get to see Sho. Looks like he won't be coming back to Shinra that quick
Sep 17, 2019 12:27 AM

Dec 2015
LeloTheUnamused said:
Hylianticipated said:

Oh, I'm sorry for misunderstanding, really.
I've seen some people miss the whole naming thing and thought you wanted that kind of explanation.

Regarding the specific term used... ngl, I think it's a choice by the subbers.
The original japanese term is not the easiest to translate, since it has apparently many meanings (I asked a friend of mine who studies japanese), so they went for meaning more than anything.
The meaning is that

So the subs decided to go with a pretty straightforward "proto-nationalist", to express that he is, in fact, tied to old traditions and the old Japanese nation rather than the "Tokyo Empire" (he also insulted and scoffed at the name of Sol, which is the only god in the one modern religion that exists in Fire Force).
As said some comments above tho, there will be an arc in Asakusa (where he lives and the 7th is located), and you'll see more about how it is there and how they live.

In short, the original meaning is a bit more broad but yes, even in its semplification, "proto-nationalist" it's not just put there as a random term.

Oh I understand, you don't need to feel bad. I realize my original question wasn't perfectly clear. But thanks for the follow-up, I appreciate it. Good responses.
Sep 17, 2019 10:12 AM
Jun 2019
ekat361 said:
what the fuck is wrong with the directing
right!!???? wtf dude
Sep 19, 2019 7:17 AM

Nov 2012
Great episode, I feel like I'm really not gonna like Sho when we finally do meet him though.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Sep 19, 2019 8:43 AM

Apr 2009
it was a good episode. The fanservice in this series is annoying. Especially in last episode (ep. 9), instead of Tamaki helping Shinra fighting (she's quite strong herself), she was basically made a damsel in distress and her role reduced to 'fanservice', like wtf, her clothes getting burned off, and then throwing shinra on her twice during the fight in sexually suggestive ways? -_-
Sep 19, 2019 12:34 PM

May 2016
Well Maki gave some nice appron service for the fans.

7th captain looks pretty annoying for the strongest... gotta love the fact that the emperor is
not that weak by the looks of it.
Sep 21, 2019 1:42 PM

Jun 2015
when he fired these things, it was a treat. Now I'm more motivated to watch the show
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Sep 21, 2019 3:47 PM

May 2016
Okay, I couldn't felt the tension for the massive fanservice there.
Tamaki is cute but it was too much.
Sep 21, 2019 11:44 PM

Jan 2018
they really did a good job adapting the author's style.
and Tamaki, I mean how??
Sep 22, 2019 10:00 PM

Dec 2016
Damnnn Sho looks fucking insane lmao
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 26, 2019 1:22 AM

Dec 2010
Naerys said:
Ok, so no explanation as to what happened to Arthur at the end of the previous episode?
Yea, lol.

30chara
Sep 28, 2019 10:43 AM

Jul 2014
Alright we get to see the captains , aaaand holy shit the ending of the episode was so thrilling!
Sep 29, 2019 11:43 AM
Nov 2015
Glad we’re seeing more characters from other divisions!

And how is Joker gonna show up with the MJ Fedora, a cig and the AirPods??? OooooUuuuuuuu.

I’m glad Shinra is getting more info on the incident with his family...kinda bittersweet about his lil bro Sho though.

I’ll finally be all caught up today!
Oct 5, 2019 10:02 PM

Mar 2014
I love how the guys are just fucking done with fanservice girl at this point. And how Shinra saw her coming and protected the Captain from her crotch attack

The High Priest also being the Emperor bothers me.

Sho looks amazing
Oct 17, 2019 11:24 AM

Nov 2017
Oh hey, it's finally getting kind of good. Doubt it'll live up but maybe...
Oct 19, 2019 12:33 PM

Mar 2009
...is anyone actually shocked that his brother is still alive? Shonen 101. At least they didn't drag it out.
Oct 20, 2019 8:37 PM

Feb 2015
At the Holy Sol Temple, someone summoned all captains. Obi and Hibana assisted to the meeting, taking Shinra and Tamaki with them, there were the other captains, Burns from the 1st company, Gustav Honda from the 2nd company, Dr. Giovanni from the 3rd company, Soichiro Hague from the 4th company, Kayoko Huang from the 6th company, Benimaru Shinmon from the 7th company and Raffles III, the imperial king of Tokyo; the meeting started, Raffles started to talk and Shinmon decided to leave, then they focused in the pursuit of the Evangelist and the importance of Shinra’s flame (Joker was outside). The meeting ended and Shinra decided to take a look at Amaterasu (energy generator) when Joker appeared, he told him that his brother Sho is not dead, he works as a commander with the Evangelist. In the headquarters, Obi gave the team the job to look for clues in the files, during dinner Shinra revealed them his encounter with Joker and what he knows about Sho.

So, Arthur just appeared, I thought that it would be something much more important. Lot of characters introduced, I like that guy, Shinmon, to have a relevant role and background. So, Joker just appeared for that, to reveal information about Sho, could be guiding Shinra to be where he wants him. Confirmed, I think, the white hair guy is Sho.
Atlas77Oct 20, 2019 8:40 PM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2019

119 by Twilight_In_Hell »»
Apr 21, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2019

243 by Twilight_In_Hell »»
Apr 21, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2019

176 by ArthurKFC »»
Apr 16, 7:08 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

199 by beamtoes »»
Apr 10, 6:16 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

386 by Crispydang »»
Mar 30, 1:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.