Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 14, 2019 7:40 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh Zenitsu. He always brings the humor to almost everywhere he goes.

We also got a bit of training right off the bat for Tanjiro and the others. Heh, they just never seem to be able to catch much of a break in this show. Zenitsu's reactions just makes this more entertaining if you ask me. Also really cute to see Naho, Kiyo, and Sumi showing up.
Stark700Sep 14, 2019 7:56 AM
Sep 14, 2019 7:49 AM

Jul 2014
Shinobu seeing Rengoku off was kinda adorable ngl, also yeah, Murata's back.
Training episode for the trio! finally as they're in need of a powerboost. Hopefully with this they can utilize their techniques more efficiently. Tanjiro and Inosuke looked drain af.
Love the new girls introduced this episode, pretty wholesome training arc which is doesnt normally happen. Aoi is crazy cute!
Kanao being referred to as someone close to Hashira level by Tanjiro too, and those 3 lolis are wholesome and that beautiful Tanjiro and Shinobu scene!

That being said tho, Tanjiro is one smooth boy.

2 eps left ya'll....

Sep 14, 2019 7:59 AM

Jan 2015
Training episode
Let’s see how much hate will this get, considering the comedy in this show is disliked by the majority. Glad I’m one of the few who loves the comic relief in this anime

I’ve got to say it had a lot of cute moments, but I’m more looking forward to the next two episodes.

Shinobu and Tanjirou talking on the roof. Pretty interesting, especially when Shinobu got close to him lmfao. It was nice to find out more about Shinobu, like her big sister getting killed and despite her always being able to smile, she’s angry asf

XenocrisiSep 14, 2019 8:03 AM
Sep 14, 2019 9:29 AM

Feb 2018
Every time I think Zenitsu has calmed down a bit, I'm quickly proven wrong.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Sep 14, 2019 9:31 AM

Aug 2013
Loved the comedy in this episode, especially from Zenitsu.

So we have training in this episode.
Loved the scene with Shinobu and Tanjirou talking on the roof. We learned that Shinobu had a sister that was killed by a demon.

Sep 14, 2019 9:37 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

I loved the comedy here, Zenitsu is the true man of culture. I love how excited he got after realizing what the training was. XD

Training was great to watch, especially loved that one montage with Tanjiro literally just shouting "Hardwork! Hardwork! Hardwork!".

Kocho is love. <3
Was nice hearing her backstory and how Tanjiro and Nezuko's situation gives her some hope towards her own dream. Honestly, I kinda want to see Nezuko warming up to Kocho, I think it would make for a very wholesome development and help Kocho realize that her dream is still not completely out of her own hands.

It saddens me that this will end soon, I guess it's time to pick up the manga after.
Sep 14, 2019 9:44 AM

Oct 2012
I love Shinobu so much. Nice to see some of her back story.
Sep 14, 2019 9:53 AM

Sep 2014
That rant from Zenitsu was hilarious. He was so scared at the beginning yet that was heaven for him compared to the others. Learning more about Shinobu was something I was really intrigued to see. As expected her constant smile is not that real after al but she's angered most of the time.
MonkeyDHunterSep 14, 2019 9:57 AM
Sep 14, 2019 9:55 AM

Jul 2017
Petition to rename Tanjiro to, "goody-goody talking forehead"
Sep 14, 2019 10:00 AM

Aug 2018
Seems this episode continues the rehabilitation with training, although Tanjiro seems a lot more motivated than Zenitsu and especially Inosuke. There's another glimpse of Kanao, who has mastered a technique of the Hashiras, would like to learn a bit more about her.

With only 2 eps left, it seems the show is taking the choice to cool off on the action, which I don't think is necessarily a bad thing. I'm assuming Tanjiro will continue to get stronger over these last episodes and hopefully Inosuke can regain his fighting spirit too.

This has been one of the most thoroughly enjoyable shows of year and I'm hopeful that with the immensely positive reception this series has gotten, a season 2 could maybe be produced.
Sep 14, 2019 10:02 AM

Oct 2017
Wow a really beautiful and funny episode. Also looking forward to the next episode cause i really wanna know about Kanao Tsuyuri.
Sep 14, 2019 10:04 AM

Dec 2017
Zenitsu 100% has a perk that gives him bonus to attack and defence agains females lol.
Sep 14, 2019 10:05 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Im really starting to like the healer Aoi. Any girl that can keep Zenitsu in check is worth my respect. Shinobu being described as a goddess really is fitting. Beautiful and kind while deadly with blade and poison she's one that saves innocents while eradicating evil. The rehab training sure was interesting. Zenitsu's rage sure was rather amusing. Kanao though despite her quiet nature is quite impressive in her skills. Tanjiro sure is popular with the apprentices. Still its interesting in seeing Tanjiro train hard after being inspired by Kanao. The talk between Kanao and Tanjiro on the roof sure was insightful. An excellent ep that while calm did well to formally introduce Aoi while also expanding upon Shinobu and Kanao as characters. The insight into Shinobu's pain and her inner thoughts was pretty interesting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2019 10:09 AM
Sep 2015
I predict that Tanjiro will have a lot of girlfriends in the future to compensate as no one is as good as his sister. So I'll marry a forever virgin Inosuke instead.
Sep 14, 2019 10:12 AM

Jan 2009
total concentraion all day long lol good luck to Tanjiro mastering that

and damn Shinobu is waifu material but the death flags though

Sep 14, 2019 10:16 AM

Mar 2018
It all comes down to Breathing huh

Thought for a moment Inosuke got back his edge there but seems like he's going to be depressed a bit longer

Aa I dislike these kinda moments of Zenitsu. Maybe I'd like it more in the manga or rather wouldn't find it as annyoing.. How he shouts and screams really irritates me

Tanjiro got himself 3 cute fans huh
It's a shame Zenitsu and Inosuke gave but the training arc really looks interesting
Especially with Kanao being such a milestone for Tanjiro

That Shinobu scene on the rooftop tho.. Love this storytelling

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Sep 14, 2019 10:16 AM

Mar 2017
Zenitsu being angry made me laugh so hard.
Sep 14, 2019 10:17 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great light episode for the week!

Zenitsu is back with his usual antics and it’s good to see Inosuke cheering up too in the process. What a man of culture he is xD. Gold comedy for the most bit this episode, he’s really got what it takes lmao.

Damn, Kanao is a beast in petite form though. Dat gourd was humongous, jeez. And of course it comes down to Breathing, lol. I really hope they show us in detail how to ‘breathe’ like that sometime.

Meanwhile, the Red-haired Hashira is off to kill some more demons. Judging by Kocho’s mannerisms, he must be quite reputable even as a Hashira.

Cool little encounter between Tanjirou and Kocho-sama to end things off with. Felt like death flags setting up in all honesty but hopefully I’m off the mark here. Pretty sad backstory too, I’ve to say.

Looking forward to what’s in store for us next!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 14, 2019 10:20 AM

Jul 2017
This episode just gave me more reason the love the characters. Zenitsu and Inosuke are both great compliments to Tanjiro. And Tanjiro is extremely dedicated to his objective of turning Nezuko human. Kanao is honestly extremely badass but her silence makes her seem sadistic.
Sep 14, 2019 10:25 AM

Nov 2011
I guess I fall into the category of people still hating Zenitsu. He was more annoying then funny with his outbursts.

Im liking a more laid back Inosuke atm.

Tanjiro getting stronger by the day though!!

Kocho <333
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 14, 2019 10:26 AM
Jun 2019
With 2 episodes remaining, I'm not sure if they will be able to adapt the Demon Train Arc without rushing it.
Sep 14, 2019 10:31 AM

Oct 2008
I have said it before and I say it again fuck Zenitsu I'm so done with this piece of shit and his hysterics. Seriously what is so funny about this idiot screaming from the top of his lungs the whole fucking time? How can an author who has created such an amazing story and characters create this piece of shit? Also because of Zenitsu I now hate Shiro Himono and I really like him until now because of Baka to Test and AoT...
Sep 14, 2019 10:32 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I really enjoyed the last third of the episode (no screaming). I found interesting to see some "humanity" behind the motivations and actions of Shinobu. Some of the pillars feel as alien as demons since they've become so powerful themselves.
The 3 little girls helping Tanjiro was adorable. But damnit, we need more Nezuko. I'd love to have an episode were she's allowed to spend time with her brother (just the 2 of them).
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 14, 2019 10:52 AM

Jul 2014
JolteonRL said:
With 2 episodes remaining, I'm not sure if they will be able to adapt the Demon Train Arc without rushing it.

They most likely won't. NEP continues the end of the training arc and
Sep 14, 2019 11:12 AM

Mar 2017
This was a nice comedic episode after so much tension and action. Zenitsu made me cry with laughter as usual... but i'm missing Inosuke's wild attitude.

It was also cool this episode to get to know Shinobu a bit more and her sister's dream she's trying to continue. But when she said about how can someone care for something that kills humans i thought 'well, humans kill each other but that doesn't mean you give up on humanity'
Sep 14, 2019 11:13 AM

Jul 2015
One of my favourite panels in the entire Manga

Sep 14, 2019 11:13 AM

Aug 2019
Zenitsu being Zenitsu, lol.

No Nezuko this episode sadly, but atleast we get more Kanao and that I'm starting to understand Shinobu more.
Sep 14, 2019 11:14 AM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
I have to wait a week to watch this "5-minute episode" ?

Well, I guess I have to wait another week again

Well done , ufotable

JolteonRL said:

No, it's impossible . But maybe we can see the meeting of Moon Demon in the last episode
Nekko_Khayal88Sep 14, 2019 11:19 AM
Sep 14, 2019 11:21 AM

Dec 2015
First part was terrible. Zenitsu being a failure as comic relief character is obvious right now. Comedy is the only thing (besides animation and ost of course) the show does it right, so please, no more Zenitsu ok?
But at least finally, after 24 episodes, the show did a slightly good character development (with Shinobu). The slow pace actually helped the scene. My only criticism is again, the soundtrack didn't need to go all epic in the end of her speech. Just let it be a sweet song and move on
BetterTasteSep 15, 2019 12:25 PM
Sep 14, 2019 11:21 AM

Mar 2016
Arjuna777 said:

See, this image perfectly embodies what I love about Shinobu. She will suddenly show up within your personal space with little to no warning, and the way she puts her face so close to you when she talks, make her equal parts attractive and intimidating.
Sep 14, 2019 11:26 AM

Jul 2015
Judgment526 said:
Arjuna777 said:

See, this image perfectly embodies what I love about Shinobu. She will suddenly show up within your personal space with little to no warning, and the way she puts her face so close to you when she talks, make her equal parts attractive and intimidating.

Yeah definitely agree.

Sep 14, 2019 11:30 AM

Feb 2013
Zenitsu was in heaven.
Sep 14, 2019 11:46 AM

May 2015
Next episode: "Tsuguko, Tsuyuri Kanao"

So next episode will be focused on Kanao, huh? Can't wait to find more about her, she is so strong and interesting.

Also, is it just me or is the comedy getting better? This episode was really funny
Sep 14, 2019 11:49 AM

Jul 2016
More, more and more of Zenitsu complaining...

I am quite happy that we're seeing more of the Tanjiro + Zenitsu + Inosuke gang, I really missed them even though it's been just a few episodes without them. I can't wait to see more of them, especially since it was hinted in the recent Madfest that S2 is actually happening (Source: YonkouProductions on twitter https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/1172721871600652289?s=19).

I also enjoyed the scene with Tanjiro and Shinobu, she's shaping up to be a great character!

Overall, 5/5
Sep 14, 2019 11:51 AM

Mar 2018
Inosuke only has to take his mask off to get an instant harem, meanwhile Zenitsu screams and scries about bullshit nonstop. I remember Zenitsu's introduction so I expected him to be a bitch in front of girls, but fair enough he's going hard for that pussy. Still too much screaming, some parts were funny though

Best part of this episode was Inosuke saying ''Oh please, I've stomped on female kids before''.
poop
Sep 14, 2019 12:03 PM

Aug 2018
Shinobu really looks like she is about to give her title away : her successor is more than ready, she found a sort of way to leave without regrets (Tanjiro's becoming her dream successor while Kanao becomes her title successor).

Honestly, there are 2 episodes left and I don't see this show ending on a positive vibe : pretty sure there will be a deadly turn over in the last episode.
Sep 14, 2019 12:04 PM
Mar 2019
Zenitsu....... Terrible humour, terrible character and too much screaming. How can people like him?
Sep 14, 2019 12:15 PM
Aug 2017
ChrisBTV said:
Zenitsu....... Terrible humour, terrible character and too much screaming. How can people like him?

Because of his backstory and fighting style, his inferior complex and future development.
Even though he is afraid of dying, he still fights demons.
Comedy is subjective, you don't like it but other people like it.
Sep 14, 2019 12:35 PM

Sep 2017
Zenitsu was actually pretty hilarious this episode. He's coming around for sure. It's interesting that the author chose to leave out Zenitsu and Inosuke from the training tho. I mean Tanjiro was already the strongest, but now it's not gonna be close.
Sep 14, 2019 12:39 PM

Nov 2016

Gotta say Zenitsu wasn't that annyoing, even kinda felt sorry for him. Maybe because I got used to his character. But the one suffering the most was Inosuke xD

Enjoyed the training too, but the part with Shinobu was <3

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 14, 2019 12:51 PM

May 2018
Short_Circut said:
Petition to rename Tanjiro to, "goody-goody talking forehead"

who also works hard
Sep 14, 2019 1:02 PM
Mar 2019
Oh my god Zen'itsu was crazy in this episode XD
Good episode tho
Sep 14, 2019 1:14 PM

Mar 2014
SoraSenpai said:
I guess I fall into the category of people still hating Zenitsu. He was more annoying then funny with his outbursts.

Kocho <333

Well as long as he doesn't make you quit the anime (which we only got two episodes left) then i say thats fine.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Sep 14, 2019 1:18 PM

Mar 2014
My man Zenitsu always has a heart for the ladies...just not always the right reactions xD

Very good episode

I hope starting with Shinobu's sad story people start to warm up to the Hashiras instead of not liking them.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Sep 14, 2019 1:23 PM
Jan 2016
Xenitsu camplaining about their reaction to train while they would be arround cute girls, it sure was hillarious!

Kanao seems to be really powerfull!

Shinobu and Tanjirou conversation was really nice, i am glad to see some backstory about Shinobu! shinobu teases are also good!

seems next episode will be about Kanao, looking forward to that!
Sep 14, 2019 1:27 PM
May 2019
Is this the start for Tanjiro and Shinobu ship???
Sep 14, 2019 1:35 PM
Nov 2017
MariusMan said:
nah , only Giyuu and Shinobu
Sep 14, 2019 1:38 PM

Jul 2014
MariusMan said:

Ah I knew someone would come in and say this.

Sep 14, 2019 1:41 PM

Feb 2018
MariusMan said:

Well, Tanjiro is quite popular with the ladies of the butterfly estate. If you wanna ship them feel free to but, don't get your hopes up for cannon, we have a certain someone with way stronger chances than anyone else...
Primo_ItokoSep 14, 2019 1:44 PM
Sep 14, 2019 2:02 PM

Nov 2011
HueyLion said:
SoraSenpai said:

Kocho <333

Well as long as he doesn't make you quit the anime (which we only got two episodes left) then i say thats fine.

Oh no even when he first was introduced I found him annoying, he made up for it with his cool sleeping technique, but still his rage when it comes to his friends dealing with women just doesn't make me laugh.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2019

312 by CicadaRex »»
Yesterday, 12:21 PM

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
Apr 22, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.