Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 13, 2019 7:18 PM
Mar 2017
Never mess with Freya and the boy she is obsessed with, the price to pay is huge, in this case the complete destruction of the pleasure district and the annihilation of the Ishtar family.

Seeing Ottar destroy Frine's skull was so satisfying, goodbye filthy being disgusting, never compare yourself with Freya, also my respects to Ottar for curing poor Mikoto.

Bell and Aisha's fight was excellent, it was clear that Aisha was jealous of Haruhime to see that someone wanted to rescue her, that firebolt punch left K.O to Aisha.

Great detail to meet other members of the Freya family apart from Ottar, the one that caught my attention was Allen or Vana Freya, he reminded me a lot of Bete, especially in his derogatory way in which he treat Welf.

Hermes let us see his true intentions, so Bell would be the last hero? ... Ufff that trip will be long and very difficult to travel, especially with adventurers like Ais, Ottar and the rest of the Freya family.

RIP Ishtar, the worst mistake she made was to try to take Bell and try to seduce him, that bitch slap that Freya gave to Ishtar was well deserved, but with her departure to heaven now Haruhime is free.

Now all that remains is to know what Haruhime's destiny will be now that she is free.
Sep 13, 2019 7:37 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So Freya ended the Ishtar familia with a single slap and burned the pleasure district to the ground. She's so brutal and I kinda like it. Bell needs to fight with a sword more often because he looked badass in his fight against Phryne and Aisha. I wonder what Freya said to Bell when she saw him?
Sep 13, 2019 7:39 PM
Aug 2017
Hegar said:
Man, did this anime fall in the second season. Of course it's nice to see sexy characters, but this? "Let's make them PROSTITUTES to make the otakus extra aroused!"

There is absolutely no reason why powerful characters would make money with their legs spread for any man with coins.

Ishtar is the goddess of fertility, so it makes sense that her followers would be prostitutes. You need to look at it not from the angle of powerful characters lowering themselves to prostitution. Of course Ishtar's chosen would be partaking in copious intercourse.
Sep 13, 2019 8:17 PM
Jan 2009
aonoau said:
Hegar said:
Man, did this anime fall in the second season. Of course it's nice to see sexy characters, but this? "Let's make them PROSTITUTES to make the otakus extra aroused!"

There is absolutely no reason why powerful characters would make money with their legs spread for any man with coins.

Ishtar is the goddess of fertility, so it makes sense that her followers would be prostitutes. You need to look at it not from the angle of powerful characters lowering themselves to prostitution. Of course Ishtar's chosen would be partaking in copious intercourse.

Also, the more powerful members of Ishtar's house don't actually seem to be prostitutes so much. I mean, Phryne's a straight up rapist even if you pay her NOT to and from the sounds of it Aisha is a sub who submits to anyone stronger than her.

The actual prostitutes are the weaker slave members. The more powerful members are pimp/rapist types who guard the city and apparently kidnap/buy anyone they feel like, which is fitting for an half crazy evil sex goddess' followers.
Sep 13, 2019 8:29 PM

Sep 2015
Caught up with the last three episodes today and aside with a few changes they really did a good job with book seven. After what happened with book six I am impressed. They did a great job with hitting all the important moments this time around. Some of the fight scenes even if altered were still awesome. Now to hope for next week we get the concubine joke.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Sep 13, 2019 8:50 PM
Jun 2017
SORRY ISHTAR- FREYA SAMA IS WAY MORE CHARMING AND ELEGANT than you... hahaha... even Ishtar girls are affected by her charm...

and ishtar being beaten by just a slap by freya- sama... hahaha

and Hermes really did set up this whole thing.. wahahaha...
Sep 13, 2019 9:14 PM
Aug 2018
Yukikaze_sama said:
I don't remember S1 that well... do we even know why Freya is so interested in Bell?

I'm kinda disappoined he fought with sword for most of that fight. Using dagger makes him somewhat special compared to most other protagonists. Sword was just so boring.

Tbh that'd be cool final for season. With 2 eps left I hope it won't be some important arc squeezed in and rather some more SoL-ish stuff. And hopefully S3 announcement lol
Maybe because Bell is Zeus Grandson.
DeClownSep 13, 2019 9:20 PM
Sep 13, 2019 9:23 PM

Oct 2015
I still don't get why every character in the show is obsessed with little rookie, oh please! Fuck that silver hair piece of shit!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 13, 2019 9:33 PM
Dec 2016
I was intrigued by what Hermes said about "making him as the last hero" .
Sep 13, 2019 10:26 PM
Jan 2016
Damn it was so beautiful when Haruhime enchanted Bell, i was really expected that, after that awesome Bell's speech, i really loved that!

Bell winning against Toad was so awesome!

Really didn't expect freya family to join in the party attacked Ishtar, and surely was so satifying seeing Ottar finish down Toad, she was so ugly and disgusting!

Freya's rushing to Ishtar was really awesome, and that bitchslap was wonderfull, Rip Ishtar was sent to Heaven, i was like a big game over!

Freay is a really dangerous goddes, she is not to be messed with!

Bell and Aisha fiercy battle was really awesome, and i like the animation, Bell managed to defeat her with an awesome firebolt!

The last expressions of Haruhime were so cute, she is even more beautiful with a happy face!

Curious to know what happened to Aisha, i liked her!

Sep 13, 2019 10:31 PM

Jun 2019
I hope that toad woman died after such a blow to the head.
Freya (most sexy girl), Haruhime, Hestia... so many girls want Bell. Does anyone even remember who Ais Wallenstein is?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2019 10:56 PM
Aug 2017
Freya bitch slapped Ishtar to heaven lmfaooo. Yo Haruhime aint a prosti anymore and that was sweet moments from Bell tho.
Sep 13, 2019 11:03 PM

Dec 2016
Farewell Ishtar and good riddance.

Freya's power is impressive, just charm whoever is in front and her and stop them from fighting, though as mentioned it may not work on Bell.

As for Bell himself he got a great victory and I love how that gorilla got flattened.
Sep 13, 2019 11:08 PM
Jan 2019
Oh, my God, there's only two episodes left.
Sep 13, 2019 11:37 PM
Nov 2018
AddaeAkono said:
So Freya ended the Ishtar familia with a single slap and burned the pleasure district to the ground. She's so brutal and I kinda like it. Bell needs to fight with a sword more often because he looked badass in his fight against Phryne and Aisha. I wonder what Freya said to Bell when she saw him?

She proclaims her great love for him saying, "I love you," according to the light novel. Most likely "Aishiteru" was used here judging by the final movement of her lips as Freya has a very strong obsession to obtain Bell for herself. The context here would change depending on aishiteru vs daisuki cause of the unique way Japanese expresses themselves etc. Maybe someone who can read Japanese can confirm the translation.

Also the LN text descriptions really homes in on her obsession with Bell here through her distant proclamation of her love for him.

Bell also finally figures who keeps giving him the strange intense gazes he feels from time to time. As well as being captivated by Freya vs how he reacted to Ishtar.

A lot of great nuanced details are just left out unfortunately.
Sep 14, 2019 12:06 AM
Dec 2017
mcNosurge said:
Bacontroll said:

What did we missed about Haruhime?

Aisha reveals the state of Haruhime's chastity, about how many men she has slept with.
Dude thank you so much.

kevin_video said:
I was quite happy with this episode. The part where Bell tells Haruhime to tell him what she wants reminded me a lot of Luffy yelling at Robin for her to him what she really wanted. It gave me the same feels, and I loved it.
Yeah it reminded me of that too.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenMay 20, 2020 5:10 AM
Sep 14, 2019 1:25 AM
Sep 2019
We need more than 12 Episodes! we want more! and please do be rushed if not in the next year, we will wait for a few years but give more than this episodes, like better around 20 episodes will answer enough.
Sep 14, 2019 1:46 AM
Oct 2007
Wow I thought there was more to Ishtar, especially as a goddess. If I remembered correctly, even Hestia did something or rather displayed her power in S1 but Ishtar just went down like that? She was going back to the heaven either way.

The climax being the fights in this episode were pretty good but not enough to change my mind on this season apparently.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2019 1:50 AM

Mar 2015
Man, amazon fights are awesome to watch. Just pure power.

I gotta get this out there, Aisha is the most attractive character in the series imo.
Sep 14, 2019 2:41 AM
Oct 2017
Episode 10 was/is pretty much the best episode of season 2. I'm willing to bet it will be better than the last 2 or 3 episodes as well for this season. I do hope there is a season 3, however, I WANT THE ORIGINAL SEASON 1 DIRECTOR BACK!!!! This new guy has no vision at all....sigh /rant.
cdragon_88Sep 14, 2019 2:47 AM
Sep 14, 2019 2:54 AM

Aug 2013
AP24 said:
The anime skipped an important info about Haruhime. Too bad for some anime-only viewers.

Feel free to spoil it for me. Seriously, I'm curious.

Debating on whether to give this shit a read after the anime ends or just take it for what it is and forget it exists entirely after this run ends. I feel myself dying inside with the great amount of disappointment this season has relinquished.

DeadlyRavenMay 20, 2020 5:10 AM
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 14, 2019 3:02 AM

Jul 2012
As watching only anime i thought it was pretty good/decent ending of the arc, taking into account that the whole arc was very mediocre. And reading some comments seems like they changed lots of stuff, in good or bad way don't really know, but action was enjoyable to watch.
The biggest flaw for me was Bell fighting in this episode with this sword, kinda kills all of the purpose of his daggers, and don't think there was supposed to be idea like it was special sword for ceremony. This just felt strange.
Sep 14, 2019 3:42 AM
Mar 2019
One of the best episodes of the season !
Bell was like : Protecc Haruhime at all cost
I really really love this season ;D
Sep 14, 2019 3:54 AM
Apr 2013
See, I tried to tell you guys Hermes wasn't raped by Ishtar.
Sep 14, 2019 4:41 AM

Jan 2016
Seeing as people really seems to dislike this season I'll come out and say that I actually think that this season is a lot better. The music is top-notch as always, Bell is one of the few "pure boy" characters that I like because he makes up a really fairy tale like hero.

The animation has had its ups and downs but the arcs have been really engaging. Not perfect but still enjoyable. Haruhime has to be protected at all costs! The only thing I wasn't really a fan of was Bell using a sword
Sep 14, 2019 5:02 AM

May 2018
Mich666 said:
Finally the worst arc is over.

Have to say the death of Ishtar was pathetic but at least we were shown what happpens when the goddess is killed in the Lower World.

Yukikaze_sama said:
I don't remember S1 that well... do we even know why Freya is so interested in Bell?

Probably because she learnt what happened in the dungeon and that he has inherited Zeus powers. Also, Bell has crystal clear soul which is why she probably wants him.

bell is adopted... he is no demi god
Sep 14, 2019 5:36 AM
Jul 2016
This adaption is the equivalent of Tokyo Ghoul season 3/4.

The ninja woman doing a suicide bomb and then walking to the edge of the tower to fall off and still surviving is laughable.
How did the ninja woman survive a fall that high but Ishtar GODdess couldn't.

Why did the executioner suddenly stand so far away from the blonde sacrifice lady when it was literally the point to execute her quick and that allowed for Bell to scream his lungs out for 10 mins as he went to save her 'jUsT iN tImE'.

How did the frog lady swing an AXE with all her might into the blonde lady for casting the spell to help Bell to only result in a mild concussion, meanwhile gusts of wind are cutting everyone's faces open.

How can bell use a sword all of a sudden toe to toe vs a experienced user (hE gOt tHe lEvEl uP bLEsSinG)
They did one episode of Bell training with that lady but none of it is used or applied and if are going to justify that he's just stronger as a result it suddenly it certainly doesn't help the imagination seeing him fight like he always has before and after training.

Letting Bell escape every situation 1000times over is such an insult to the viewers... "Dont let him escape this time, you wont escape this level 4 brute" *Escapes* - 10/10 storytelling
Sep 14, 2019 5:41 AM

Jan 2014
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, it looks like Bell is intend on helping Haruhime no matter what.

At least we got to see how much improved this season in terms of combat skills. Bell's opponents are a bit freaky in particular that one weird looking woman with the big mouth. Freya is also no pushover. She made that Ishtar woman look like a joke.

Combat skills maybe.
The fight scenes though.. Yeah, they weren't that good.
Season 1 has better fight scenes.
The beauty of humans is that they say one thing then do another, but at the same time that can also be their ugliest side.
Sep 14, 2019 5:58 AM

Mar 2017
The action in this episode was amazing! Bell is so cool when he's being all hero-ish! haha

Freya is kinda, sorta, really scary and she is savage af. I don't get it though... why does she want Bell so badly?

That scene between Bell and Haruhime at the end was so precious. I wanted them to kiss but i guess that wasn't going to happen haha
Sep 14, 2019 6:12 AM

Oct 2012
Lynxt said:

Yeah, that's what we are meant to think for sake of big twist later. So until ruled out explicitly, I'm still believing in this shit. I mean, Zeus and adoption? Nah, he's not that kind of god in the first place. Although that makes me wonder why exactly he called him his GRANDfather (as that would mean he would be actually the son of one of his children).

And even if proved wrong, I think there are numerous hints that Bell has at least some sort of godlike origin. Maybe someone who fell to the Earth and lost his memory. As far as we know he can be pretty much deconstruction of Heracles.

Also, let's not forget Hestia is actually the sister of Zeus, I mean, she is the highest ranking one there, no matter her low power. There should be reason why she is his guardian.
Sep 14, 2019 6:38 AM
Aug 2019
Short and sweet, loved last seasons arc, wasn't sure about this season's, but obviously I'm watching and freaking loved this climax! So good!!!
Sep 14, 2019 7:29 AM

Aug 2016
Yukikaze_sama said:

I'm kinda disappoined he fought with sword for most of that fight. Using dagger makes him somewhat special compared to most other protagonists. Sword was just so boring.

I hope this might be enough for your answer. My thoughts on duel. "Damnit Bell, you lost your super precious dagger again? Oh right, you need some sword to break by your Heroic strike like always."
Sep 14, 2019 7:30 AM
Sep 2019
Freya makes an appearance this episode. Bell managed to save Haruhime. And the toad woman got beaten.

All's well that ends well. Or maybe not.
Sep 14, 2019 7:58 AM
Mar 2015
Hermes is a nasty little bugger Setting up Ishtar by giving the Killing Stone forcing Freya's hand and Bel's hand
Sep 14, 2019 8:55 AM

Jul 2015
No hate, but this arc is probably the worst execution of damsel in distress and white knight tropes I have seen in anime ever.
Bell has literally no reason to help Haruhime other than him being a virtuous white knight. He is even willing to risk a war with another familia just to carter to a girl, despite her clearly telling him to gtfo.
Haruhime's constant negativity is also annoying.

Danmachi, I am disappoint.

Sep 14, 2019 10:58 AM
Sep 2019
What did freya said to bell at the end of the episode from far afar? They only showed lip movement šŸ˜’

mcNosurge said:
Bacontroll said:

What did we missed about Haruhime?

Aisha reveals the state of Haruhime's chastity, about how many men she has slept with.
what is your source. Have you read the manga? I thought that would be the case also? šŸ˜

DeadlyRavenMay 20, 2020 5:11 AM
Sep 14, 2019 11:05 AM
Sep 2016
little_rookie15 said:
I was intrigued by what Hermes said about "making him as the last hero" .

That was supposed to be explained in the Apollo arc, but it was skipped in the anime.

Before the City of Orario existed (even before the gods went to the lower world) three powerful ancient monsters escaped the dungeon. Those three monsters were the Behemoth, Leviathan and the One-Eyed Black Dragon. They lived outside the dungeon for thousand of years until eventually Zeus and Hera Familia made an alliance to kill them. They managed to kill the first two, but the Black Dragon destroyed them, killing most of their cour members and weakening them greatly. This is what lead to them getting exiled by Loki and Freya Familia (we still dont know why they did it).

What Zeus failed to do, killing the Black Dragon, is what Hermes wants Orario as a whole to do but with Bell being the great hero among them. Anime should mention this in the next 2 episodes, but they might skip it again.
Sep 14, 2019 11:08 AM
Sep 2019
Aim1rR said:
Justguy said:
I hope that toad woman died after such a blow to the head.
Freya (most sexy girl), Haruhime, Hestia... so many girls want Bell. Does anyone even remember who Ais Wallenstein is?

Yeah, Ais should be supporting on anime but there is just nothing happen between them, only they just prepared for war game and danced one night

Ais's Sword Oratoria was a good season, nothing connected on next season

The most awkward thing is Why every single girl wants for Bell?
Damn, is it becoming harem?
i thought this was harem from the beginning šŸ˜‚
Sep 14, 2019 11:14 AM
Sep 2016
Mich666 said:
Lynxt said:

Yeah, that's what we are meant to think for sake of big twist later. So until ruled out explicitly, I'm still believing in this shit. I mean, Zeus and adoption? Nah, he's not that kind of god in the first place. Although that makes me wonder why exactly he called him his GRANDfather (as that would mean he would be actually the son of one of his children).

And even if proved wrong, I think there are numerous hints that Bell has at least some sort of godlike origin. Maybe someone who fell to the Earth and lost his memory. As far as we know he can be pretty much deconstruction of Heracles.

Also, let's not forget Hestia is actually the sister of Zeus, I mean, she is the highest ranking one there, no matter her low power. There should be reason why she is his guardian.

Bell is Zeus adopted grandson, no biological relation. The current theory is that Bell is the son of some deceased adventurers from Zeus Familia, and Zeus decided to adopt him. Zeus never told Bell who he really was, and was hiding his divine presence so Bell didnt realize he was a God.

Also, Demi-Gods dont exist in Danmachi, mortals and gods cant have children.
Sep 14, 2019 11:19 AM
Nov 2018
Manojmeliodas said:
mcNosurge said:

what is your source. Have you read the manga? I thought that would be the case also? šŸ˜

I'm reading the Light Novel. Yen Press is the publisher for the Eng translated release.
Sep 14, 2019 11:34 AM

Oct 2012
derprume said:
SoraSenpai said:
And oh crap we meet a Level 6!!! Freya family is not to be messed with.

Ottar is level 7, he's the highest level adventurer in the city.

Yes, but don't forget, Level 6, Allen.
Sep 14, 2019 2:42 PM
Jan 2019
WOW! It was the best episode of this second season! The animation and soundtrack was great. It was full of emotions, I screamed like crazy inside, there were scenes so impressive and satisfying that I couldn't believe it. Bell and Mikoto achieved what they set out, saved Haruhime: '), they are admirable heroes. Despite the difficulties and a war between family, they succeeded. Thanks to Goddess Freya and her family, and to Hermes who had most of these events in mind, Goddess Ishtar paid for her crimes. Hermes and Goddess Freya are dangerous.
I couldn't be more satisfied with that touching ending šŸ˜. +10/10.

Ps: Haruhime ("I don't want to die") reminded me a little of Nico Robin ("I want to live") from One Piece. And how I enjoyed when they beat Friné, LOL.
Sep 14, 2019 4:29 PM

May 2018
Love this episode, Phryne vs Bell, Aisha vs Bell, Freya vs Ishtar, and Bell becoming a hero. Finally Ishtar was summoned back to heaven, because of jealousy everything happened. I hope we can see Freya more in the later episodes, I'd like too see how he will get Bell from her familia.

Sep 14, 2019 7:09 PM

Jan 2016
Freya's revenge! And damn! That was one of the best bitch slaps I've seen in a long time lol
THANKS SENPIEX
Sep 14, 2019 7:16 PM

Jan 2011
I don't know why i forgot this but danMachi is just a massive Harem

i mean Freya obsession is the most appealing part to me doubt it'd happen but a bad ending where he chooses her would be something to witness, she just carried this whole raid and ended it in a slap all in the name of love

still i guess S1 the best action focused episode personally ,this one was decent
Sep 14, 2019 9:01 PM

Dec 2014
welll that was a good watch..too bad it was not all that...I guess I want to see the dungeon more
Sep 14, 2019 11:19 PM

Jan 2008
Yukikaze_sama said:

The reason she gave Loki in S01E02 was actually the truth. The anime left this out but Freya is if I remember correctly one of the gods which judges souls after death. So she can literally see souls. And Bell's soul apparently is so beautiful she wants it more than anything. (She even talks about colors during her conversation with Loki)

In Bell's fight against the Minotaur she shows that reaction because Bell's soul shines more and calls the soul beautiful.

Also left out in the anime: Freya doesn't care if Bell dies she tells (Ottarl I think or maybe it was a monologue) that if Bell should die she will temporarily go back to Tenkai and take his soul.
Sep 15, 2019 3:46 AM

May 2015
Rest in pepperoni Ishtar. you wont be missed.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 15, 2019 5:44 AM

Oct 2017
Man that look of despair on Ishtar's face was a sight to watch. Also that slap from Freya really felt great. Finally Haruhime is free and the Ishtar familia is no more.
Sep 15, 2019 6:12 AM

Jul 2017
@Piromysl you're not the only one.

Freya and her insanely strong Familia finally showed up for the life of us. Can't say a lot about how much we've waited for her to be in action after Season 1, to mainly trash Ishtar and her Familia for causing so much trouble this episode.

Well well, for the life of me, this episode harkens back to the reason why Bell wanted to be a hero, not just for Lili and Goddess Hestia in Season 1, but now for Haruhime this season. Already being Argonaut once, do we really need ANOTHER emphasis (reminder) again? If there is a legit answer for people who read the LN far ahead and before, please tell me.

The greatest moment is the battle of the thots, between Freya and Ishtar, dat bitch slap felt satisfying. Oh, plus that Bell defeated Aisha (which was bare-bones to say the least).

Finally, are we done? Freya isn't done with her business with Bell, that's for sure. All I know, is that this arc, heralded from being the most anticipated, to being disappointing in one fell swoop, part Haruhime, part Bell. All that substance from Season 1 is non-existent.

Maybe it is me grumbling too much at the changes in comparing both seasons, but at least Season 1 set up a good chunk of information for Season 2 to follow, but knowing the people over at J.C.Staff nowadays, it has become the new Pierrot IMO.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

116 by Donkunsan »»
Feb 27, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2019

188 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

121 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2019

125 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:04 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2019

139 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 8:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.