Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 13, 2019 9:09 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, it looks like Bell is intend on helping Haruhime no matter what.

At least we got to see how much improved this season in terms of combat skills. Bell's opponents are a bit freaky in particular that one weird looking woman with the big mouth. Freya is also no pushover. She made that Ishtar woman look like a joke.
Stark700Sep 13, 2019 9:56 AM
Sep 13, 2019 9:46 AM

Apr 2010
Freya is one scary woman.

And with that another familia comes to it's end and it seems Hestia familia might have another member.
Lot's of violence this episode tho and Bell proved his abilities ones again.
But Freya might start to move now as well with her plan to obtain bell.
Sep 13, 2019 9:53 AM
Dec 2011
The anime skipped an important info about Haruhime. Too bad for some anime-only viewers.
Sep 13, 2019 10:02 AM

Aug 2013
Freya finally showed up in this episode and her familia easily defeated Ishtar's familia.

Good thing that disgusting toad woman was defeated.

Sep 13, 2019 10:06 AM

Sep 2018
Damn Freya, that was one hell of a bitch slap......
well that's just my opinion.....
Sep 13, 2019 10:16 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So Freya had already discerned Ishtar's plans and had struck first then. As expected of Freya's elites each of them was a powerhouse. Bell's speech though sure was a powerful one. Haruhime's spell effect while pretty also gave Bell an excellent chance against the frog. While the power up was powerful the fact that Bell was a dagger user made its effect against the frog negligible but the added reach of the sword sure proved to be a different story. The fight between Aisha and Bell while a fierce one did well in showing the determination of both to ensure Haruhime's safety in the future. Freya's talk with Ishtar sure was entertaining though. Looks like she really enjoyed crushing Ishtar utterly. Overall an excellent ep that did well in wrap up this arc in a most dramatic fashion and allowing Bell to save Haruhime from such a cruel fate. It was well worth to see her tears of gratitude.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2019 10:17 AM

Jun 2014
Freya is one bad ass bitch.
Perfect episode IMO, I really like how they build up 3-4 episodes to this climax type of episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2019 10:24 AM

Jul 2017
Freya came out her shell and slapped tf outta Ishtar. But the fight scene was surprising very well done. Good job JC.
Sep 13, 2019 10:36 AM
Jun 2015
that ottar rage is too simple, it is not just about angry expression or brute physical abuse animator-kun

freya expression right before said something to bell is same to loki when she know how the situation will go right what she think before

bell last battle with aisha is good but not good enough if you compare it with minotaur when actually his battle with aisha in LN is more hot than with minotaur from season 1

and then yorokobe shounen, monster arc will be animated in 2 episode and i think it will be more worst than apollo arc

and if there is people who didn't realize it, allen voice actor is same like accelerator from toaru especially when you hear he said "sanshita" to welf
Sep 13, 2019 10:43 AM

Aug 2019
AP24 said:
The anime skipped an important info about Haruhime. Too bad for some anime-only viewers.

What did we missed about Haruhime?
Sep 13, 2019 10:59 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Freya owned Ishtar so bad. Completely outclassed on every level.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 13, 2019 11:06 AM

Nov 2011
Freya > Ishtar any day. My goddess!!! I knew when they zoomed in on her she was going to hit us with the classic "Character says something that the viewer doesn't know" moment. I screamed "I KNEW IT" so upsetting lol. WTF DID SHE SAY TO BELL?!?!?!

Yo Bell is my boy I'm glad he fought Aisha 1v1 It would be cool if she joined the Hestia family but i doubt it.

Haruhime is definitely in the family now.

Also Hermes trying to make Bell the last Hero...pretty cool.

And oh crap we meet a Level 6!!! Freya family is not to be messed with.

Ship it.
SoraSenpaiSep 13, 2019 11:19 AM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 13, 2019 11:07 AM

Nov 2014
I don't remember S1 that well... do we even know why Freya is so interested in Bell?

I'm kinda disappoined he fought with sword for most of that fight. Using dagger makes him somewhat special compared to most other protagonists. Sword was just so boring.

Tbh that'd be cool final for season. With 2 eps left I hope it won't be some important arc squeezed in and rather some more SoL-ish stuff. And hopefully S3 announcement lol
Sep 13, 2019 11:20 AM

Apr 2013
Great episode all around, but Freya bitch-slapping Ishtar off the building has to be the best part. Bitch-slapped back to heaven, how humiliating.
Sep 13, 2019 11:23 AM

Jun 2019
Finally Phryne got her come uppance. Wow were Freya and Ishtar both looking great, can you imagine being sought after by both those women, man is Bell a lucky guy, ah I forgot Hestia, 3 goddesses all after you, that's too much to process for any man!!
Sep 13, 2019 12:12 PM

Apr 2013
Damn Ottarl was pissed off, didn't expect anything else after his Goddess got heavily insulted.
Way to finish Ishtar off, Freya just send her flying off the tower with a Bitchslap
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Sep 13, 2019 12:30 PM

May 2018
What did Freya says at the end? Nice bitch slap from Freya.
Sep 13, 2019 12:33 PM

Sep 2014
That bitch slap was glorious. Ishtar met her end. Freya familia is really surrounded by monsters. As expected from a goddess with her elegance and her charming abilities are top-notch.
MonkeyDHunterSep 13, 2019 12:37 PM
Sep 13, 2019 12:48 PM
Aug 2014
SoraSenpai said:
And oh crap we meet a Level 6!!! Freya family is not to be messed with.

Ottar is level 7, he's the highest level adventurer in the city.
Sep 13, 2019 12:53 PM

Mar 2018
That slap tho. So happy to see that damned toad be shown where its place is.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 13, 2019 1:18 PM

Mar 2018
Well wtf xd
Freya familia suddenly joins in and boom they are incredibly strong
Especially Ottarl..

Finally this Toad is dead tho.. Or at least I hope for it
Such an annoying character

Bell played a good hero I guess

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Sep 13, 2019 1:23 PM

May 2016
Freya, such a queen
Sep 13, 2019 1:55 PM

Apr 2015
Quite a bit of action this episode.. The frog-girl/monstrosity Phryne got absolutely destroyed, not just by Bell but also by Ottar, he was pissed off after insulting his goddess. Serves the frog right.

Freya is such a bad-ass woman, the bitch slap that send Ishtar to her end was glorious!

Bell has saved Haruhime after a fierce 1 on 1 battle with Aisha, loved that fight. Haruhime & Bell, that's a couple I want to ship to be honest.
Sep 13, 2019 2:12 PM
Nov 2018
Finally we don't have to see the stocky Nicaraguan-Indian-looking Phryne again. It was a repulsive character.

Prostitute, Prostitute, Prostitute. How many times can an anime say that for simple titillation? And it's such a ridiculously modern word. They could have said pleasure girl or lady of the night.

"This is why I can't stop sleeping with men!" "Fill my body, pierce my body!"

Man, did this anime fall in the second season. Of course it's nice to see sexy characters, but this? "Let's make them PROSTITUTES to make the otakus extra aroused!"

There is absolutely no reason why powerful characters would make money with their legs spread for any man with coins.

Like Freya says, elegance is the difference. And this has no elegance.

And what a deus ex machina to just finish the story off with Freya coming in and walking straight through the enemy.
Sep 13, 2019 2:15 PM

Oct 2012
Finally the worst arc is over.

Have to say the death of Ishtar was pathetic but at least we were shown what happpens when the goddess is killed in the Lower World.

Yukikaze_sama said:
I don't remember S1 that well... do we even know why Freya is so interested in Bell?

Probably because she learnt what happened in the dungeon and that he has inherited Zeus powers. Also, Bell has crystal clear soul which is why she probably wants him.
Sep 13, 2019 2:27 PM

Feb 2014
Well, this episode was properly satisfying in more ways than one, huh?

Ishtar's ego went too far and Freya finally made her move by setting most of the pleasure quarter on fire. Not only that, but some of the highest level adventurers from her familia were also unleashed to do what they needed to do.

One of them was Ottarl. He did a nice deed by using a healing potion on the stricken Mikoto, but he got into his stride after he encountered the hideous Phryne, after she got whooped by Bell earlier. Ottarl was pissed off and gave Phryne a well deserved punch on the head. Satisfying indeed. =3

Next up was Bell's rematch against Aisha. I must say, their fight had some excellent animation and was consistent throughout the entire fight. In the end, Bell won by using a firebolt-powered punch into Aisha's stomach, thus knocking her out.

Lastly, Freya herself went up close to Ishtar and gave that bitch one of the most satisfying bitchslaps I've seen in sometime, which also knocked Ishtar off the side of the building, too. XD

Thankfully, this means that Ishtar has gone back to heaven and she will never set foot in the lower world again. Good riddance to her, I say! =)
Sep 13, 2019 2:53 PM

Apr 2013
Chigusa: "What's that light?"

Take: "It's probably Ishtar."

Hestia: "She was summoned bitch-slapped back to Heaven."
Sep 13, 2019 3:43 PM

Feb 2014
Freya's love knows no bounds. What she desires is already hers.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 13, 2019 3:52 PM

Nov 2017
Meta_Yoshi said:
Lastly, Freya herself went up close to Ishtar and gave that bitch one of the most satisfying bitchslaps I've seen in sometime

Totally agree with you,has to rank as one of the best bitchslaps I've ever seen.
Btw,have to say I think you're choice of avatar is damn good,and a damn good pic of her too :)
Wish they'd do more of Gate.
Sep 13, 2019 3:58 PM
Nov 2018
No one gonna comment on the next Ep11 being "Rakia"? Holy SHIT!! Did S3 get announced yet? They are fking teasing it I kid you not because what would the point be for animating the short stories for Rakia if not to end it on a tease with the birth of the next "adventure" inside the dungeon.

Overall, the fight animations for S2 was underwhelming compared to S1. Bell vs Minotuar and Lyu vs Goliath are still the best sequences for Danmachi. Bell vs Aisha were the only spectacular ones but the rematch was WAAAAAAY tooooo short, not enough time to build tension at all, they could've recreated the same feelings and moment from the Minotaur duel judging from the tension filled descriptions you get from reading the LN. Missed opportunity or was it just budget issues?

Overall S2 feels so rushed and could possibly be due to a possible S3 announcement or to gauge and generate the fandom's interest for a S3. I feel so let down because War game arc and Haruhime arc felt overly rushed. War game could've used another ep as well as Haruhime could have used one, but those are being used for "Rakia" instead.........
Sep 13, 2019 4:03 PM

Apr 2012
I'm glad to be alive my neeks.

Good guys epicly won, bad guys epicly lost, what more can you ask for?

Also I <3 Aisha.
Sep 13, 2019 4:10 PM
Nov 2018
Bacontroll said:

Aisha reveals the state of Haruhime's chastity, about how many men she has slept with.
Sep 13, 2019 4:14 PM
Sep 2016
mcNosurge said:
No one gonna comment on the next Ep11 being "Rakia"? Holy SHIT!! Did S3 get announced yet? They are fking teasing it I kid you not because what would the point be for animating the short stories for Rakia if not to end it on a tease with the birth of the next "adventure" inside the dungeon.

Overall, the fight animations for S2 was underwhelming compared to S1. Bell vs Minotuar and Lyu vs Goliath are still the best sequences for Danmachi. Bell vs Aisha were the only spectacular ones but the rematch was WAAAAAAY tooooo short, not enough time to build tension at all, they could've recreated the same feelings and moment from the Minotaur duel judging from the tension filled descriptions you get from reading the LN. Missed opportunity or was it just budget issues?

Overall S2 feels so rushed and could possibly be due to a possible S3 announcement or to gauge and generate the fandom's interest for a S3. I feel so let down because War game arc and Haruhime arc felt overly rushed. War game could've used another ep as well as Haruhime could have used one, but those are being used for "Rakia" instead.........

Hopefully not, why would you even want a Season 3 with JC Staff?
Sep 13, 2019 4:21 PM

Sep 2007
mcNosurge : We can still hope they will show it in the next episode hahaha !
Sep 13, 2019 4:28 PM

Jan 2008
I was quite happy with this episode. The part where Bell tells Haruhime to tell him what she wants reminded me a lot of Luffy yelling at Robin for her to him what she really wanted. It gave me the same feels, and I loved it.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Sep 13, 2019 4:29 PM

Jan 2017
Woah. Bell touching that necklace felt so erotic and I dont want there to be a harem, yet I cant decide who I wanna ship Bell with. Not Ais, she's meh, but Freya, that just seems right, yet him and Haruhime seem perfect.
They're playing too much, give me a ship please.

Also, the saltiness between the love goddesses... they're both damn hot, why you do this to me DanMachi.
Sep 13, 2019 4:37 PM
Mar 2011
Pathetic, predictable, boring. 9 ep - i can eat 10 mins of this shit. Ep 10 - 5. The franchise is dead. Dropped. The only thing i regret - i did not done it sooner.
Sep 13, 2019 4:38 PM
Nov 2018
Siegfried10 said:

Well its not like theres a chance another studio is going to pick it up. I'd rather get another anime season over not getting one.

They already ruined by rushing through the war game and Haruhime's arc to throw in Rakia in S2 too so might as well. Theres honestly no point for Rakia to be animated if not for a tease on the arc afterwards.

ShiroiRyu said:

They can, it just needs like 1min or 2min to reveal that about Haruhime.

Also can be easily done because:

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenMay 20, 2020 4:23 AM
Sep 13, 2019 5:04 PM

Jun 2017
Tfw you get bitch slapped back to heaven lol. I thought gods can die too but apparently they get saved anyway.
Sep 13, 2019 5:05 PM
Sep 2016
mcNosurge said:
Siegfried10 said:

Well its not like theres a chance another studio is going to pick it up. I'd rather get another anime season over not getting one.

They already ruined by rushing through the war game and Haruhime's arc to throw in Rakia in S2 too so might as well. Theres honestly no point for Rakia to be animated if not for a tease on the arc afterwards.

MomoSinX said:
Tfw you get bitch slapped back to heaven lol. I thought gods can die too but apparently they get saved anyway.

When you "kill" a god their Arcanum (divine power) gets activated and heals them, but as punishment for using it they get sent back to heaven.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenMay 20, 2020 4:25 AM
Sep 13, 2019 5:11 PM

Dec 2016
mcNosurge said:
ShiroiRyu said:

They can, it just needs like 1min or 2min to reveal that about Haruhime.

Also can be easily done because:

I hope so, Bell's team have too many supporters they need some warriors/tanks.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Sep 13, 2019 5:15 PM

Aug 2019
mcNosurge said:
Bacontroll said:

Aisha reveals the state of Haruhime's chastity, about how many men she has slept with.

Damn... I did just miss something here. I'll start reading it then, Thanks !!
Sep 13, 2019 5:25 PM
Mar 2010
Typical JC episode. Rushed, cramped and everything is downright mediocre. I seriously couldn't give any time to Haruhime because her story is just basically "I am a soon to be dead prostitute who's devoid of any rights to be cared etc" This arc is just painful to watch.

Anyhows, could someone actually know something about the insert song on this episode? I tend to collect gems like this one once in a while.
Sep 13, 2019 5:30 PM

Feb 2015
I shouldn't eat dinner before watching this, god this is hard to stomach. The first season, while generic, wasn't overly cliche or awful quality. This one sure as hell is. It's just so overdone, from Apollo, to this walking frog caricature to the generic hero speeches and everything in between.

Also, these stupid translations are also annoying. What the hell is the point that L? His name isn't Ottarl, it's Ottar. You'd think someone translating anime would know how language would work and that sort of thing is typically left off and has been left off in all other medias, from S1, to the manga, to the LN.

I don't know how many other people feel the same, but I'm really tired of this dude's voice. It's almost always the exact same voice, and hearing him voicing the exact same sort character every time is just... yeesh.
Sep 13, 2019 5:36 PM

Apr 2012
nanyatimz said:
Anyhows, could someone actually know something about the insert song on this episode? I tend to collect gems like this one once in a while.
Credits say Mangetsu no shirabe (満月の調べ) by Sanjouno Haruhime (Chisuga Haruka 千菅春香).
Sep 13, 2019 5:40 PM

Aug 2018
I'm just glad the awfully ugly Phryne was taken down, that was something I desired for weeks.

Too bad we ain't going to see Isthar's amazing outfit anymore.
Sep 13, 2019 5:43 PM
Mar 2010
EratiK said:
Credits say Mangetsu no shirabe (満月の調べ) by Sanjouno Haruhime (Chisuga Haruka 千菅春香).

Oh, thanks a lot, mate!
Sep 13, 2019 5:49 PM

Dec 2014
Damn, Freya straight out wrecked Ishtar. xD

Haruhime is finally saved. :)
Sep 13, 2019 6:05 PM
Jan 2009
K, some thoughts:

We know a single level difference matters a lot. That's why Aisha beat Bell handily in their first fight and lost when he fought her level 3 to level 3. Plus we've seen them talk about how big the difference is when Bell levels up. So...

1. Why did did Phryne bother demanding Haruhime boost her to level 6 (except as an obvious plot device to allow her to boost Bell instead)? At level 5 vs 3, she should have had no problem crushing Bell.
2. At level 5 vs 4, why did Phryne not STILL destroy Bell (unless Bell used Argonaut, which I didn't see happen). Especially since he was a dagger user who lost his daggers.

3. Also, charm is clearly not simply an effect of beauty, but rather a magical ability whose power is modified by the Goddess' beauty. Their eyes glow purple and the person they're looking at is instantly charmed. So now we've seen Freya use two difference magical abilities (scrying in S1 and charm in S2). Either she's blatantly breaking the rules, or the rules regarding divine power are so narrowly tailored that they're ASKING to be abused.

I would be interested in finding out if Ishtar returned to heaven to avoid falling to her death or returned to heaven because that's what happens to Gods after they take otherwise fatal damage. The first one could imply they can die permanently if they're not careful, and that would be kinda huge, plot-wise.
Sep 13, 2019 6:40 PM
Sep 2016
amf85 said:
K, some thoughts:

We know a single level difference matters a lot. That's why Aisha beat Bell handily in their first fight and lost when he fought her level 3 to level 3. Plus we've seen them talk about how big the difference is when Bell levels up. So...

1. Why did did Phryne bother demanding Haruhime boost her to level 6 (except as an obvious plot device to allow her to boost Bell instead)? At level 5 vs 3, she should have had no problem crushing Bell.
2. At level 5 vs 4, why did Phryne not STILL destroy Bell (unless Bell used Argonaut, which I didn't see happen). Especially since he was a dagger user who lost his daggers.

3. Also, charm is clearly not simply an effect of beauty, but rather a magical ability whose power is modified by the Goddess' beauty. Their eyes glow purple and the person they're looking at is instantly charmed. So now we've seen Freya use two difference magical abilities (scrying in S1 and charm in S2). Either she's blatantly breaking the rules, or the rules regarding divine power are so narrowly tailored that they're ASKING to be abused.

I would be interested in finding out if Ishtar returned to heaven to avoid falling to her death or returned to heaven because that's what happens to Gods after they take otherwise fatal damage. The first one could imply they can die permanently if they're not careful, and that would be kinda huge, plot-wise.

Regarding point 2, the anime changed what happened in the LN. Phryne was beating Bell until he fell from the building, she is then stopped from chasing him by Ottar. That line about Bell harming her face, she actually said that to Ottar, as Bell didnt do anything to her. Also, Phryne got destroyed by all the tops of Freya Familia (Ottar, Allen, the elfs and the pallums) but they changed the scene.

When Gods take mortal damage their divine power activates automatically and heals them, they are then sent back to heaven for using it.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

116 by Donkunsan »»
Feb 27, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2019

188 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

121 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2019

125 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:04 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2019

139 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 8:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.