Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 13, 2019 6:33 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I like this sort of teamwork-like role Kohaku is developing. Senku of course still leads the village with his scientific thinking.

It looks like the episode worked on building a special type of glass as one of its latest inventions. Heh, science. Suika's face though! It reminds me of Golden Kamuy lmao
Stark700Sep 13, 2019 10:13 AM
Sep 13, 2019 8:00 AM

Aug 2013
Suika so cute without that mask. Good thing Senkuu made some sort of glasses for her.

Science is progressing in this stone world with Senkuu and the rest having glass. The old man with his muscles...

Sep 13, 2019 8:06 AM
Oct 2017
I bet that next episode they're going to make glasses for Ginro and that'll make him a lot stronger since he'll actually be able to see from far away.
Sep 13, 2019 8:06 AM

Sep 2018
I almost started to cry when Suika looked at the sunflowers for the first time with her glasses, one of my favorite momments so far.

And we finally got crafting God Kaseki, old man is 10 mill % rock hard muscles.

And Ginrou is finally getting his silver spear-if he comes back alive from the next episode :D
well that's just my opinion.....
Sep 13, 2019 8:08 AM

Mar 2008
Suika is hella cute and Senku made her glasses. Then Master Roshi made an appearance with his crafting skills. lol Now Kinrou and Ginrou are gonna get their shiny spears. xD
Sep 13, 2019 8:16 AM
Nov 2017
So far episode 7 is still the best episode to me . This was a pretty good one tho
Sep 13, 2019 8:18 AM

Nov 2011
So the real question is do we like our Great Detective Suika with or without the Watermelon on her head?!?!?! THE ANSWER IS BOTH ARE ACCEPTABLE!!!

Great episode though, I wonder what Senku has planned for Ginro.

Senku will probably make glasses for Kinro as well.

Farmaceut said:
I almost started to cry when Suika looked at the sunflowers for the first time with her glasses, one of my favorite momments so far.

Yo me too! It was such a beautiful moment!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 13, 2019 8:19 AM

Sep 2014
Lol when Suika was trying to see without her mask she looked like a hag. Anyway, it was nice we got to see glass production and the moment she came to see clearly was pretty heartwarming. Also, this makes chemical experiments easier to observe. That old man has a great body for his age lol. Great episode overall.
Sep 13, 2019 8:20 AM

Apr 2015
i just want kinro to tell them already that he needs glasses oof
Sep 13, 2019 8:27 AM

Aug 2019
that part got me !!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2019 8:40 AM
Sep 2015
The Kingdom of Science map reminds me of Grow flash game series by Eyezmaze a decade ago, I'm wondering if the author had play this...

phantomfandomSep 13, 2019 8:44 AM
Sep 13, 2019 8:41 AM

Jul 2019
OLD MAN KASEKI!!!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOO!
also protecc suika at all cost, i just wish they made the Sunflower scene more beautiful than the opening but overall, pretty good episode
Sep 13, 2019 8:43 AM

Jul 2014
The first ep that gave me the damn feels for watermelon head loli Suika, she's hella adorable!
Made me drop a tear when she finally saw the sunflowers, dog, Senkuu and Chrome clearly.
That being said, for a little girl that could barely see that clear, I was surprised when she said Senkuu and Chrome were hotties lol.
Master Roshi in the house!
Sep 13, 2019 8:46 AM

Jan 2009
lol the facial expressions are funny as ever, the animation of this show is average but it compensates with good art style or character designs/drawings with those facial expressions

nice that Suika can properly see now with the help of glasses

and my old man Kaseki is finally here, things are going to be 10 billion percent exhilirating

Sep 13, 2019 8:53 AM
Feb 2018
I'm really glad to see the studio didn't continue on "Tsukasa War" arc. Why can't the series be a simple slice of life/comedy version of Minecraft or something like that?
Sep 13, 2019 8:55 AM

Mar 2018
Ahaha oml that old man is insane xd
The comedy was on spot again this episode, the expressions were pretty hilarious too- especially the one Suika made in the beginning

Well Kinro is most likely going to beat Magna I guess? But he needs the glasses.. Did they just miss the fact that Senkuu can make them or is Kinrou just too proud to ask for them.. Either way he'd need them

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Sep 13, 2019 9:08 AM

May 2011
First half was definitely nice. I can definitely see the potential of the joke being reuse from time to time and still being funny whenever Suika's headgear is remove, since they didn't really overdo it in this episode haha.

I wonder how they're going find out Kinrou is shortsighted too. Hope we can see this happening in the next episode!

It's really fulfilling to see their base being slowly built/upgraded one by one =')
Sep 13, 2019 9:26 AM

Jun 2015
This episode hit home hard. That part with Suika seeing properly for the first time.
I have a progressive eye disease that substantially increases astigmatism. So that was a tearjerker.
Switch_ZSep 13, 2019 9:32 AM
Sep 13, 2019 9:34 AM

Nov 2014
kaseki truly is a beast
i know some are gonna complain why he got the hang of it so quickly
well, geniuses exist, y'know, especially someone with 50 years of experience in that field

i almost teared up at suika's part, as someone with blurry disease, i can relate to her really well

Ginrou is not cute at all. No.

Next episode is gonna be painful to watch, considering what just happened in the newest chapter of the manga...

ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
I'm really glad to see the studio didn't continue on "Tsukasa War" arc. Why can't the series be a simple slice of life/comedy version of Minecraft or something like that?
it will, soon.
ttcchenSep 13, 2019 9:38 AM
Sep 13, 2019 9:49 AM

Jun 2015
A pretty good episode, as usual. Just think they missed two good opportunities for very emotional scenes, one with Suika in the sunflower field and the other with Senku remembering his room/lab. An extra 10 seconds or so to each of these scenes (taken from the mecha-Senku bit) would make them much more powerful and effective. I don't know if that's how it was in the manga or not, but it's the kind of thing no one would mind if the anime took liberty to improve on.
Sep 13, 2019 10:13 AM

Nov 2016
Suika too moe for this stoneworld. The part with her was one of my favs so far.

And Kaseki proved his true worth.

Still loving this adaptation. It's just so much fun to watch, even more thanks to things like the map of the Kingdom of Science.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 13, 2019 10:15 AM
Jul 2019
WTF everything here was just all about glass????!!!!
Sep 13, 2019 10:17 AM

Aug 2013
I love character design used in this series. It reminds me my favorite anime era.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 13, 2019 10:37 AM
ๅญ”็œŸใƒปใ‚ณใ‚ฆใƒžใ‚ณใƒˆ

Jun 2017
Great episode!

Suika is really adorable without the watermelon cover but xD she totally looked like a hag there while squinting. Powerful stuff emotionally with her finally managing to see those sunflowers and shedding tears in the process, a nice change of pace to the heavy comedy and science of the past few episodes.

Meanwhile, Old Man Kaseki proves his worth. Jeez, those muscles though. Smart little idea from Senku to tempt him into it and he totally fell for it, as you’d expect lol. Awesome lab now too with the addition of glasses. I’ve never really come to appreciate glasses either, like Light Bulbs earlier, until now, great stuff!

Loved that little cameo with Mechanic Senku too, there sure is a lot happening in the place.

Can’t wait to see how they go about to making the Silver Spears!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 13, 2019 10:49 AM
Oct 2017
ttcchen said:
kaseki truly is a beast
i know some are gonna complain why he got the hang of it so quickly
well, geniuses exist, y'know, especially someone with 50 years of experience in that field

i almost teared up at suika's part, as someone with blurry disease, i can relate to her really well

Ginrou is not cute at all. No.

Next episode is gonna be painful to watch, considering what just happened in the newest chapter of the manga...

ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
it will, soon.

Ginrou is best girl
Sep 13, 2019 11:09 AM

Mar 2016
I don't like how Senkuu can do everything. Well, I loved how he couldn't make glass this episode.

Things happen too fast in this anime. I wonder if that's really how fast things would happen in real life. Well, this is a young adult anime, so I can ignore that much. It's fun watching my childhood fantasy of restarting the world from science actually written by some writer. I also had a fantasy of recreating the world by magic, and I hope someone makes an anime like that too. (I volunteer 'Fumetsu no Anata e'!)

Kinro and Ginro are fun characters. Hope they don't randomly disappear in later arcs.

I am really loving the current arc because it's not a fight between life and death for the protagonist, and the side characters are also quite fun. I really don't want Tsukasa, Taijuu and the others to return.

I hope they don't end up making plastic.

I kind of want to see other characters with knowledge in science. They can collaborate with Senkuu and create more impressive stuff.

They need to write all their science stuff down in case Senkuu forgets them or in case they want to teach other people.
Sep 13, 2019 11:11 AM

Mar 2016
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:

lol! I totally agree; this anime would be much more fun as a slice of life!!
Sep 13, 2019 11:29 AM

Feb 2014
Suika's watermelon mask maybe cute, but her real face looked incredibly adorable. What I wasn't expecting was for her to pull off a squinting face that made her look 70 years older! That face could give Golden Kamuy's Asirpa and her disgusted facial expressions a run for its money! XD

Senku was on form in this episode, though, as he got to work to making glass. His first objective was to make glass lens for Suika's watermelon mask so that she can finally see clearly and the scene where she saw the sunflowers clearly for the first time was brilliant. =3

Old man Kaseki was a surprise as well. He couldn't handle watching Senku and Chrome's rubbish attempts at making glass jars and then revealed his ripped body of muscles and a six-pack. Senku and Chrome's reaction to that was hilarious! ^_^

Again, this was another fun episode with some powerful moments with Suika being my favourite part of the episode. Good stuff!
Sep 13, 2019 11:43 AM

Dec 2012
Getting better every episode!

Sep 13, 2019 11:44 AM
Jul 2018
Suika seeing Senku and Chrome was a touching moment. :')
Sep 13, 2019 11:49 AM

Jan 2013
SCIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 13, 2019 11:50 AM

Feb 2018
Melon girl getting her vision back was such a sweet moment. Also, seems like we're about to get a Shounen staple: a tournament arc.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Sep 13, 2019 12:02 PM

Aug 2019
Wasn't expecting that Suika changed her face, lol. It was a nice moment when she could see.

I really wanna see Senku reach his goal, which is why I really like this show.
Sep 13, 2019 12:39 PM
Mar 2019
Suika=Kawaii..
Those weird faces they make every episode.
Kohaku best girl and old man pretty cool too
4/5
FanBoii
Sep 13, 2019 12:58 PM

Sep 2015
-Kinro has bad vision and needs glasses
-Science Kingdom just finished making glasses for Suika
-Kinro never gets glasses

I am frustration. Why is this? What am I do? I in pain now.
Sep 13, 2019 1:14 PM

May 2018
would the watermelon eventually rot away?
Sep 13, 2019 1:21 PM

Apr 2019
Brooo, Kaseki be ripped tho...

"๐™‡๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ... ๐™ž๐™ข๐™ฅ๐™ช๐™ง๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ... ๐™Ÿ๐™ค๐™ฎ... ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ž๐™ฃ... ๐™„ ๐™๐™–๐™ซ๐™š ๐™˜๐™–๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ข ๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™–๐™จ๐™ž๐™™๐™š. ๐™‹๐™ž๐™˜๐™  ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ข ๐™ช๐™ฅ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™˜๐™–๐™ง๐™ง๐™ฎ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ข ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช. ๐˜ผ๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ง... ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™ซ๐™–๐™ก๐™ช๐™š."
Sep 13, 2019 1:29 PM

Jun 2014
It was so heartwarming to see Suika's reaction to actually being able to see her surroundings.

So this episode was all about making glass. Makes sense, you cant do chemistry without your glassware. Hopefully Kinro gets some glasses so he can fight better.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 13, 2019 1:42 PM
Nov 2018
Great episode as ever - with SCIENCE progressing!

Suika is really cute. And it's always fun to see more people added to the Science Kingdom.

It's fun to see the Kingdom of Science appear like your village in a game, with the different parts you can build, and little figures moving in place.

And it's nice to see flashbacks to the modern world. It is a nice break from the stone worldu.
Sep 13, 2019 1:50 PM

Mar 2018
I keep saying this every week but Suika is just so adorable.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 13, 2019 1:52 PM

Dec 2013
Although this episode focus isn't on Kohaku, we are blessed with a few of her best screenshots of the series! I can't decide which of her (♥ ∀ ♥ ) face is my favorite also that young smiling Kohaku!

Anyway, here is the collage for this week

And also a bonus because I couldn't help it :)

BenphyreSep 13, 2019 2:00 PM
Stay in yesterday ๆ™‚ใ‚’ๆญขใ‚ใฆ
Sep 13, 2019 2:43 PM

Nov 2017
Excellent episode!

Suika who sees the world differently through the glasses is pretty sad, especially when she sees the sunflower.
ElyshionNov 4, 2019 3:09 PM
Sep 13, 2019 2:45 PM
Jun 2013
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:

The studio isn't "doing" anything, just following the manga, anime is following how it happens in the manga.
Sep 13, 2019 2:46 PM

May 2016
Episode after episode i can't wait for more of this, I'm really forcing myself from reading the manga.
Sep 13, 2019 3:14 PM

Jul 2017
inb4 Senku ends up making Tylenol (the powder form at least)
Sep 13, 2019 4:00 PM

Jan 2017
This anime is leaving me a tad too emotional, it really puts into perspective the world around us... I'm so distressed.
Sep 13, 2019 4:08 PM

Apr 2015
Glass obtained!

Suika is actually adorable as heck! The scene where Suika was able to see the sunflower clearly was really touching.

So now they have a lab thanks to a handy craftsman from the village. The "Sorcerer Team" is slowly growing in manpower! Things are progressing quickly with the resources they obtain!
Sep 13, 2019 4:50 PM

Apr 2009
Kohaku should be in every scene at this point as far as im concerned lol. And yeah that Suika scene in which she could finally see properly was indeed heartwarming.
Sep 13, 2019 5:00 PM

Nov 2013
Suika is too cute !!
Sep 13, 2019 5:20 PM

Dec 2014
Suika is a cutie and I loved her reaction to finally being able to see the world around her clearly.

Old man Kaseki is pretty awesome too.

Sometimes this show just makes me think about how far humanity has come and how we take our current technology for granted so much. I don't even know what I would've done if I'd been born in a different era.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2019

150 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 7, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2019

196 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 6, 6:28 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

486 by Luban1 »»
Mar 18, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Dec 13, 2019

335 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

161 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:39 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.