Forum Settings
Forums

'Shin Sakura Taisen' Game Gets TV Anime for 2020

New
Sep 13, 2019 9:50 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Video game developer Sega announced a television anime adaptation for its Shin Sakura Taisen (Project Sakura Wars) game at the Tokyo Game Show on Friday. The anime series will air in 2020.

Synopsis
In 1930, two years after the events of So Long, My Love, the Great Demon War results in the annihilation of the Imperial, Paris and New York Combat Revues' Flower Divisions. With Earth at peace and the revues' actions becoming public, the World Combat Revue Organization is formed with several international divisions; a biennial international Combat Revue tournament has been organized.

Ten years later in 1940, the Imperial Japanese Navy captain Seijuro Kamiyama is assigned as the captain of the new Imperial Combat Revue's Flower Division in Tokyo, which consists of: Sakura Amamiya, a swordswoman and new recruit; Hatsuho Shinonome, a shrine maiden and the most popular actress; Anastasia Palma, a newly-transferred Greek actress; Azami Mochizuki, a ninja prodigy from the Mochizuki clan; and Clarissa "Clarise" Snowflake, a Luxembourgian noblewoman. The division once again faces a new demon invasion and participates in the upcoming tournament–while trying to keep their home at the Imperial Theater open. (Source: Wikipedia, edited)

Staff
Director: Manabu Ono (Sword Art Online: Alicization, Saki)
Series Composition: Manabu Ono, Tatsuhiko Urahata (Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon, Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri)
Music: Kouhei Tanaka (Sakura Taisen, Hyouka)
Studio: SANZIGEN

Announcement

Sega launched the Sakura Taisen game franchise in 1996, which features role-playing and dating sim elements. The fifth game in the series, Sakura Taisen V: Saraba, Itoshiki Hito yo, was released in 2005. The sixth and forthcoming installment, Shin Sakura Taisen, serves as a soft reboot of the game series and is scheduled for a December 12 release in Japan, and Spring 2020 in North America.

Madhouse produced a 2000 television anime based on the first Sakura Taisen game. The Sakura Taisen: Katsudou Shashin anime film by Production I.G premiered in 2001. The game franchise also inspired multiple original video anime adaptations, the latest of which, Sakura Taisen: New York (Sakura Wars: New York), debuted in 2007.

Official site: https://sakura-taisen-theanimation.com/

Source: PR Times

Shin Sakura Taisen the Animation on MAL
VindstotSep 28, 2019 1:25 AM

Sep 13, 2019 9:55 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Fairly good Staff but a pretty bland Key Visual in all honesty, might keep an eye on this for now.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 13, 2019 9:58 AM

Jun 2014
Not interested.

Only the original Sakura Taisen cast is real Sakura Taisen.

Sep 13, 2019 10:01 AM

Jan 2009
Tite Kubos (Bleach) character designs does not look good in 3DCG lol

but i will watch this for sure since its like a reboot of the old Sakura Wars i watched in AXN Asia TV channel back in my teenage years

its nice that they are using the old OP song for it too
Sep 13, 2019 10:02 AM

Jun 2015
You''ve gotta be kidding me! This looks like the most complicated harem anime ever. Look at those descriptions for the generic harem girls. Lmao
Read Toriko!
Sep 13, 2019 10:16 AM

May 2012
Is this a remake ?? Do I need to watch original one before this ??
Sep 13, 2019 10:58 AM

Dec 2012
Wasn't there a manga of this at one point? I swear I recognize the black-haired girl, and the title of the game.
"All life is inherently broken from the start. There is no perfection in life. Otherwise, what would be the purpose of death? It's to try to find ways to better yourself before the end that gives us purpose."
Sep 13, 2019 11:20 AM

Jan 2009
I've never played this game but ever since PXZ it just keeps appearing everywhere and at this point I'm just thinking, what the hell let me give it a try

but then I realize it's just another 3dcg uninspired bs and well ..

Something tells me the original fans will not appreciate this very much.
Sep 13, 2019 11:31 AM

Sep 2011
Seiya said:

I mean, they are showing up in the game too, just not as the central cast.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 13, 2019 12:07 PM

Mar 2012
thepath said:
Is this a remake ?? Do I need to watch original one before this ??

It is a sequal to the first anime tv series set 10 years after it... i am not sure if u need to 100% see it but consdiering that some of the original cast will return i would guess so.

Someone who is better versed with this franchise should give a proper answer tough
Sep 13, 2019 2:55 PM

Nov 2008
Seiya said:
Not interested.

That's the least of the anime's worries, take a look at that CG, it's really bad and cheap, in an anime with actual plays you don't want performances with such bad cg.

Sep 13, 2019 3:22 PM

Oct 2010
The charas and key art don't even look too similar to the game and its material, I wonder if this is intentional? The in-game realtime animation is better than the crap they are showing here...
Sep 14, 2019 11:19 AM

Jan 2009
>Shin Sakura Taisen, serves as a soft reboot of the game series

thats there in the first post

this is the OP of the game made by SANZIGEN too and it looks great

EDIT:

this is the old iconic OP

degSep 14, 2019 5:18 PM
Sep 14, 2019 6:01 PM

Feb 2013
Hoppy said:
Seiya said:
Not interested.

That's the least of the anime's worries, take a look at that CG, it's really bad and cheap, in an anime with actual plays you don't want performances with such bad cg.

No, it's not bad and cheap. It's a pretty good CG which Sanzigen does great.

phantom346 said:
You''ve gotta be kidding me! This looks like the most complicated harem anime ever. Look at those descriptions for the generic harem girls. Lmao

This isn't a harem, this is based on a game. At least search before talking shit you don't know.

Sep 14, 2019 8:32 PM

Jun 2015
caio_brb said:
Hoppy said:

No, it's not bad and cheap. It's a pretty good CG which Sanzigen does great.

phantom346 said:

This isn't a harem, this is based on a game. At least search before talking shit you don't know.

I don't know it and I don't care to know it. It's gonna be shit anyways.
Read Toriko!
Sep 16, 2019 8:24 AM

Jun 2014
Abysmal CG, this is going to be awful. Anime that adapt video games are terrible either way, but this hideous cheap ass looking CGI is the cherry on top.
:3
Sep 19, 2019 4:49 PM

Aug 2010
Not surprised, hopefully it's more accessible than past Sakura Wars anime.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Dec 11, 2019 4:41 AM

Nov 2007
Spring 2020
https://twitter.com/Sakura_Taisen/status/1204718722859982848
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

More topics from this board

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
27 minutes ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

3 by eli_shmeli »»
4 hours ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - 11 hours ago

3 by JehadKun »»
8 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
9 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

26 by infanf »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.