Forum Settings
Forums

NisiOisiN Pens One-Shot with 'Shokugeki no Souma' Manga Authors

New
Sep 10, 2019 2:43 PM

Mar 2013
The 41st 2019 issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shounen Jump revealed on Monday that author NisiOisiN (Monogatari Series) and the creators of Shokugeki no SoumaYuuto Tsukuda and Shun Saeki—are finalizing a romantic comedy one-shot titled Fukumen Tantei Masuku do Hoomusu to Kisu Dorobou. The chapter will be part of the "Jump Rom-Com Festival" that consists of other one-shots from various authors, and will be published in the 42nd issue that will release on September 14.

Tsukuda and Saeki began serializing Shokugeki no Souma in Weekly Shounen Jump in 2012, eventually switching to Jump GIGA for its final three chapters this June. The manga ended with 36 compiled volumes.

NisiOisiN, who is also known for writing Katanagatari in addition to the Monogatari Series, recently wrote the one-shot Part Threes in December 2017 to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Weekly Shounen Jump in 2018, as well as a one-shot in Jump GIGA titled Shounenhou no Koro.

Source: Shounen Jump
Sakana-sanOct 4, 2019 12:29 PM
Sep 10, 2019 4:41 PM

Sep 2011
Frankly I would like a bit of a redemption for Tsukuda, but its gonna take a lot to wash away the taste of shit that shokugeki's abhorrent conclusion left. I recognize this is just a one show so its not gonna really make a difference but if it becomes a series later down the line like shokugeki did from its roots, then I hope to god it doesnt end up as poor as it did.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 10, 2019 4:46 PM

Mar 2015
i am not really liking medaka box, soo... yeah. skeptical, but try it if it's available...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 10, 2019 5:20 PM
Jul 2018
Even if Shokugeki went to trash, the art still remains fabulous and Nisio is one of my favorite light novelists. Hope it'll be great.
Sep 10, 2019 5:23 PM

Nov 2011
They don't need SnS's author. The art carries the series.

Sep 10, 2019 9:02 PM

Aug 2010
I trust Nisio, at least.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Sep 10, 2019 9:47 PM

Jan 2014
"Rom-com" eh? I guess it won't hurt to read a one-shot.
"This is boring...I'm bored..."
Sep 11, 2019 12:00 AM

Feb 2012
Shame BASED NisiOisin has to get associated with those 2 hacks to save them.
Sep 11, 2019 12:35 AM

Dec 2014
A rom-com with no romance, gee can't wait to read it.
Sep 11, 2019 5:21 AM

Nov 2007
NisioisiN makes me want to look forward to it as much as the other two guys tell me to stay out of it. Well, it's a one-shot. Will see how it goes.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Sep 11, 2019 8:20 AM

Mar 2014
Looking forward to this.
Sep 11, 2019 11:05 AM

Jun 2014
Seriously, what kind of name is "NisiOisiN?"

Sounds like a ramen manufacturing company.

Sep 11, 2019 12:42 PM
Feb 2018
Kaiser-kun said:
I feel the same.

Probably they want SnS's writer to provide ecchi scenes in new innovative kind of ways or maybe food-gasms.
Sep 12, 2019 12:47 AM

Feb 2013
A_silent_Being said:
Kaiser-kun said:
I feel the same.

Probably they want SnS's writer to provide ecchi scenes in new innovative kind of ways or maybe food-gasms.

they don't need him for that.The artist alone could do this.
Sep 12, 2019 5:48 AM

Oct 2018
Don't really have high hopes because of final food wars arc which was garbage
Sep 12, 2019 6:13 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Maybe this will make the writer of Food Wars understand how to fucking write better!
Sep 12, 2019 5:32 PM

Mar 2014
Was Food Wars end this bad?

Spoil me please. With the proper Spoiler Tags hidding the very spoilers, of course.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Sep 13, 2019 3:20 AM

Mar 2015
Fabris said:

Spoil me please. With the proper Spoiler Tags hidding the very spoilers, of course.

TLDR no spoiler: new villains coming outanowhere, every character development happen previously thrown under the bus for the plot of new arc, then suddenly super power cooking and shit, then everyone also become discard fodder just for nakiri and souma.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 13, 2019 9:37 AM

Sep 2017
Kuma said:
Fabris said:

TLDR no spoiler: new villains coming outanowhere, every character development happen previously thrown under the bus for the plot of new arc, then suddenly super power cooking and shit, then everyone also become discard fodder just for nakiri and souma.

Yeah, this is pretty accurate. It basically boiled down to Tsukada trashing everything good about the series while highlighting the bad parts (and introducing some new ones nobody expected, like fucking super powers).
Sep 13, 2019 4:38 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Fabris said:

I have spoiled myself about it, still plan to read but...

It is the upmost of clockblock fuckery, you just have to wonder if the writter has problems in his brain and what to piss people OFF instead of giving at least a nice closure so people can at least have some positives to talk about.

Dont get any illusions, Food Wars ending is one of the worst ever. It is bad like few, the writter could only been trying to write a bad ending to deliver something this retarded.
His head is full of shit, has to follow all the old cliches no one likes (MC dense, romantic development closure despite both sides liking eachother), till the fucking end.
You have to wonder if the writter is unhappy with his life or got dumped recently.
PlaycoolSep 13, 2019 4:43 PM
Sep 14, 2019 8:18 AM

Jan 2017
The one-shot is part of a series of small one-shots (4~5 pages each) from several authors called Jump Rabucome Matsuri (Jump Love Comedy Festival), and different from what the article states, it's actually called Fukumen Tantei Masuku do Hoomusu to Kisu Dorobou.
It's not good at all, has only one funny gag, doesn't look like a Nishio Ishin thing and can't even be called a love comedy. It's just part of the usual publicity stunt to get more people interested in buying/reading the magazine.
The order of the one-shots is Fukumen Tantei from the above authors; "Hokenshitsu no Juumonji-san" from Hanada Tomoya; "Kii-chan no Hiru Gohan" from Nakayama Michiru; "Dakara, Hitomi wa Majiwaranai" from Tonogaya Miyuki; "Onizaki-san wa Chotto Kowai" from Tatefuji Tomohiro; "Kafukubu no Wakaba-chan" from Yamamoto Ryouhei and "Furenai Futari" from Kawaguchi Yuuki.
Apr 21, 2021 7:05 AM

Sep 2018
Does this have a mal entry?
Apr 21, 2021 7:07 AM
Jul 2018
RSGXYT10 said:
Does this have a mal entry?

I don't think so..
Sep 18, 2022 2:13 AM

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

70 by dodoxdo97 »»
1 hour ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 11 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
8 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.