Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 11, 2019 5:59 PM

Dec 2014
TGS 2019 starts on September 12th 2019 and runs till September 15th.

What do you want to see? What are you excited for? Discuss.

Here's every reveal and trailer I could find so far,

Final Fantasy VII Remake

Nioh 2

Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind (DLC)

Ys IX Monstrum Nox

One Piece Pirate Warriors 4

No Straight Roads

Trials of Mana

Project Sakura Wars

Resident Evil's Project Resistance Official Trailer

Death Stranding 50 minute gameplay session

Yakuza : Like a Dragon

Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot

Gungrave GORE

Shenmue III

Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris

Atelier Ryza : Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout

Tales of Arise

Sounds like events will be happening simultaneously which will make it hard to keep up.

Post any new trailers of reveals you find below and I'll add them to this post..
Lelouch0202Sep 15, 2019 6:45 AM
Sep 11, 2019 8:37 PM

Jan 2009
Resident Evil's Project Resistance Official Trailer - TGS 2019

Sep 11, 2019 11:13 PM

Jul 2009
Already shared my thoughts about FF7 in another thread, so I'll just say it's easily my most hyped title right now.

Nioh 2 looks awesome! I noticed they heavily revamped the lighting, making the visuals much more fleshed-out than in the first game. Combat also looks more stylish. Hoping the level design and story are better this time.

I wasn't really sure about the new Ys game, but this trailer sold it to me. Seems like a step up from the eighth game in every way. The cast also looks much more interesting, which was my issue with the previous entry.

I hope the new Sakura Wars game gets localized. I remember playing the older entries when I was a kid and loving it a lot. Plus, the character design looks gorgeous.

Trials of Mana piqued my interest, but not sure if it's something I'm in the mood for just yet.

The new Resident Evil game is the only one I'd consider downright terrible. I was hoping for something like Outbreak, but this has the stench of Umbrella Corps and Operation Raccoon City all over it. I hope this doesn't signal Capcom's downward spiral into Crapcom once again.
Sep 12, 2019 1:10 AM

Sep 2012
FF7R looks great although the fact the story is only going to cover Midgar and that is going to take 2-3 parts to be completed is a bummer

Nioh 2 looks incredible and the time period is probably around the time Oda faced Imagawa at Okehazama, so it should be interesting and if they play their cards right, story will probably be better than the first game.

KH3 Remind also has a great trailer, although I think they should've called final mix to continue tradition. Hopefully it fixes a couple of issues the game had, difficulty was already adressed with a patch.

OPW3 was one of the best musous out there, so looking forward to OPW4, hopefully it isn't a cashgrab and it follows most of what the former game did right. I want more early characters like Arlong, Kuro or Krieg though.

Sep 12, 2019 9:46 AM

Aug 2012
Lelouch0202 said:
Project Sakura Wars

This looks really interesting! Can i play this or do i need to watch the old Anime first?
Sep 12, 2019 4:34 PM

Dec 2014
Nioh 2 looks incredible, I'm super excited for it. I've never played a Y's game before but this one caught my interest so I might try it out.

I'm not sure if going turn based is the right idea for Yakuza but I'll save my thoughts on that until I play through all the previous games first.

Skittles said:

I hope the new Sakura Wars game gets localized. I remember playing the older entries when I was a kid and loving it a lot. Plus, the character design looks gorgeous.

I believe Western release was confirmed for Spring 2020.

MrAwesome2018 said:
Lelouch0202 said:
Project Sakura Wars

This looks really interesting! Can i play this or do i need to watch the old Anime first?

I'm not familiar with the franchise either but I do know I will be playing it.

Tales of Arise event scheduled for Sunday, I'm hyped now. xD
Sep 12, 2019 11:17 PM

Jan 2009
@MrAwesome2018
@Lelouch0202

Sakura Wars is getting an anime remake by SANZIGEN next year so its 3DCG https://twitter.com/pkjd8I8/status/1172390444283527170
Sep 12, 2019 11:40 PM

Nov 2011
Not going to lie, the FF7 remake looks incredible.

Nioh 2 also looks great although quite similar to the previous game. Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot is a game that reminds me somewhat of Xenoverse. Not very impressed by the new Resident Evil tbh. I want to see more storytelling than multiplayer crap. At least we'll get Death Stranding this year.

Sep 13, 2019 6:38 AM

Aug 2012
heg said:
Sakura Wars is getting an anime remake by SANZIGEN next year so its 3DCG https://twitter.com/pkjd8I8/status/1172390444283527170

Oh cool, so you can either watch the remake or play the game.
Sep 13, 2019 9:46 PM

May 2018
Definitely getting FF 7 Remake. I'm not getting Nioh 2. Feels to similar to first Nioh.
Sep 14, 2019 9:02 AM

Dec 2014
Believe it or not, I'm actually interested in this new SAO game. Strange times we live in. XD

Atelier Ryza looks really good, definitely gonna get that along with Cold Steel 3 next month.
Sep 15, 2019 6:45 AM

Dec 2014
All we got for Tales of Arise was a new 1 minutes PV. I was hoping for a small gameplay demo at the very least. :|
Sep 15, 2019 7:17 AM

Jan 2018
These new games look impressive, i am willing to play Final Fantasy VII remake though.
Sep 15, 2019 9:55 AM

Oct 2018
It's weird to me that they didn't upload Death Stranding Day 2 on Playstation Japan's youtube channel.

Atelier Ryza looks kinda interesting.
Sep 17, 2019 8:03 PM

Jul 2009
I went to MadFest Melbourne 2019 last weekend and was able to try out Cold Steel III and Code Vein for a bit.

Cold Steel III was fun as expected. The gameplay and graphics have been noticeably improved from the previous entries. From the brief time I played it, the translation seems to be solid, so thank you NISA.

Code Vein caught me by surprise. I'm not sure if the dev team polished the visuals recently, but the game looks much prettier than the trailers would lead you to believe. There were only relatively minor framerate issues in comparison to the stutter-fest in the demo. The animations have also been upgraded, although they're still quite janky sometimes.

I know only Code Vein was showcased in TGS since Cold Steel III has been released in Japan years ago, but I wanted to share all my thoughts here nevertheless.
Sep 19, 2019 10:43 AM

Dec 2014
Skittles said:
I went to MadFest Melbourne 2019 last weekend and was able to try out Cold Steel III and Code Vein for a bit.

Cold Steel III was fun as expected. The gameplay and graphics have been noticeably improved from the previous entries. From the brief time I played it, the translation seems to be solid, so thank you NISA.

Code Vein caught me by surprise. I'm not sure if the dev team polished the visuals recently, but the game looks much prettier than the trailers would lead you to believe. There were only relatively minor framerate issues in comparison to the stutter-fest in the demo. The animations have also been upgraded, although they're still quite janky sometimes.

I know only Code Vein was showcased in TGS since Cold Steel III has been released in Japan years ago, but I wanted to share all my thoughts here nevertheless.

Did CSIII have JP voices? All the gameplay NISA has shown so far has been in English and I am strongly against playing Cold Steel in English.
Sep 19, 2019 7:12 PM

Feb 2008
Man, Death Stranding and FF7 look amazing but having to play them at 30 FPS kinda bums me out. Obviously with Sony's exclusivity deals a superior PC version will be a ways off - if ever - but at least the next generation of consoles should have been out by this point.
Sep 19, 2019 9:36 PM

Jul 2009
Lelouch0202 said:
Did CSIII have JP voices? All the gameplay NISA has shown so far has been in English and I am strongly against playing Cold Steel in English.

The demo was voiced in English when I played it. Unfortunately, I didn't try checking the settings. I'm also hoping there's dual audio, which might likely be the case since NISA tends to include that feature in most of their games.
Sep 20, 2019 7:49 AM

Jan 2018
@Lelouch0202 @Skittles

How come TGS included English voice acting in it, i am so surprised on what you told us about it.

Does TGS start to include English voice actors within their JRPG Games too?
Sep 20, 2019 7:56 AM

Jul 2009
hotsushikun said:
@Lelouch0202 @Skittles

How come TGS included English voice acting in it, i am so surprised on what you told us about it.

I tried out the two games I mentioned in a local anime convention, not TGS. I posted it in this topic because one of them was also showcased in TGS.

Sep 20, 2019 7:57 AM

Jan 2018
@Skittles

Okay, i believe in you. I hope they can include dual-audio, but i'm sure if they include it?
Sep 20, 2019 8:04 AM

Dec 2014
hotsushikun said:
@Lelouch0202

I think you've misunderstood the post, we were talking about Cold Steel III which Skittles saw at Melbourne. I was just curious if there was an option for JP voices since the western release of CSIII is next month and all gameplay shown for it has been in English. The game already came out in Japan last year, so it wasn't at TGS.
Sep 20, 2019 8:07 AM

Jan 2018
Okay, i understand.

I remember how earlier games back in the day used to have only English-language voice acting and have no option of it. But with the PC, more dual-language and the remasters of the video games are starting to have dual-audio.

More topics from this board

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3502 by Lost_Viking »»
2 hours ago

» Sega's Golden Axe video games series gets a cartoon adaptation

tchitchouan - Yesterday

2 by DesuMaiden »»
6 hours ago

» Out of all the Mario games which did you play the most recently

KiraraFan - Apr 9

25 by SnipeStrike »»
6 hours ago

» What videogame consoles do you own?

SnipeStrike - Yesterday

18 by FanofAction »»
6 hours ago

» total games on your steam library

deg - Feb 22

46 by Firwik_Howlo »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.