Forum Settings
Forums
Witch Hat Atelier
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 29, 2019 10:30 AM
May 2016
What are the chances that this series will eventually get an anime? I know that there probably aren't enough chapters(unless they were planning a 12 or 13 episode series, but with this manga's pacing, a 24-26 would probably be better), but when there are enough chapters, do you think there's a chance?
Aug 29, 2019 7:04 PM

Aug 2013
No idea how popular the manga is for an anime, but damn, I can only dream of a KyoAni adaptation. Too bad that happened.
Sep 2, 2019 11:12 PM

Jul 2015
The manga is selling well from what I see in the sales record so I can easily see an anime adaptation in future.

Sep 11, 2019 7:05 PM

Jun 2015
If there'll be an anime for this I hope it'll be at least a 2-cour one, with the manga's pacing but at the current chapter count, I hope it won't be soon.
Echo Protection Squad | Bamco pls give Kresnik Bros happiness

Despair cause: dying children everywhere | ShinAya is important
―living a maso shipper life since 89.57% of her OTPs are Doomed by Canon―
Sep 11, 2019 7:08 PM

Aug 2018
I see a seinen tag , does anyone recommend this manga? Maybe gonna check it out

"I want to show that woman the true Yoshikage Kira. I want her to hear how I feel deep inside. That I want to take your slender neck into these hands and strangle you to death."

Sep 12, 2019 1:02 PM
May 2016
Lonely_Ronin123 said:
I see a seinen tag , does anyone recommend this manga? Maybe gonna check it out

it's a good manga from the three volumes I've read so far. don't expect anything super dark like Berserk though
Sep 12, 2019 1:04 PM
May 2016
Mugipyon said:
If there'll be an anime for this I hope it'll be at least a 2-cour one, with the manga's pacing but at the current chapter count, I hope it won't be soon.

That would be preferred, I couldn't see the story working in anything less.
Dec 27, 2019 1:21 PM

Jan 2019
The manga seems to be doing really well in popularity and sales, even got 2 figures of Coco made already, so I'm gonna bet we're gonna see an anime announced in like a year or two at most.

pls rember that wen u feel scare or frigten
never forget ttimes wen u feeled happy

wen day is dark alway rember happy day
Dec 27, 2019 7:22 PM
May 2016
Balsamic_Vinegar said:
The manga seems to be doing really well in popularity and sales, even got 2 figures of Coco made already, so I'm gonna bet we're gonna see an anime announced in like a year or two at most.

That sounds promising
Dec 31, 2019 12:33 AM
Dec 2016
Satyr_icon said:
No idea how popular the manga is for an anime, but damn, I can only dream of a KyoAni adaptation. Too bad that happened.

I actually want wit studio to animate it. They did the ancient magus bride incredibly beautifully and this series gives me a similar feel to that series so I’d love to see them repeat the magic so to speak
Jan 27, 2020 7:48 PM

Mar 2015
it's doing great, so anime adaptation is very likely. but still not enough original source to advertise.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 6, 2020 4:21 PM
Nov 2015
WoW i wish they get a good studio with enought Money to make a good adaptation , maybe Bones ? They made full metal alchemist brotherhood and that was so good ... And i even find myself thinking this manga is like if FMAB had a baby with Harry Potter xD
Apr 7, 2020 6:32 PM

May 2017
I mean Somali got an anime adaptation despite being around the same amount of chapters in as Witch Hat Atelier and this series is doing great so it could get an adaptation at any point in time. I really hope KyoAni picks it up if that day ever comes, though regardless I can't imagine this being picked up by a low priority studio given how masterfully drawn the art is.
Nov 8, 2020 10:23 AM
May 2016
Having finished Vol 6, I think they could get around two cours from volumes 1-6, at around 4 episodes per volume, don't know if that would be too slow, too fast, or just right, but that sounds good to me.

I think they should announce an anime at the beginning of 2022, and come out with a series in 2023. That's what I'm hoping will happen. I'm also hoping for it to be adapted by WIT.

I think this would be a great way for the series to be adapted
Jan 1, 2021 9:48 PM
Aug 2020
I really hope it gets a series adaptation. The story is potential. It has a good storytelling style. The worldbuilding and the fantasy elements in it are great too, I think.
Jan 1, 2021 10:59 PM

Aug 2020
its such a beautiful manga liek totsukuni no shoujo that i can't help but feel like the studio needs to be
someone like wit or it might not compare to the manga
Feb 19, 2021 8:21 PM

Nov 2017
Sadly not anytime soon, it didn't make it to " Manga we want to see animated". But I want to see an anime of this so badly.

Mar 5, 2021 5:53 PM

Sep 2009
I'm gonna say we need at least 60 chapters before there's even a discussion of turning it into an anime. There's a lot of gorgeous shots in the manga, so I'm sure this would turn into a beautiful anime!
Oct 12, 2021 6:57 AM
Mar 2021
is this True?is this real? I mean... Its True or not?
Oct 12, 2021 12:39 PM

Jul 2013
Honestly, I hope Wit Studio adapts this. It seems right up their alley.
Oct 12, 2021 4:08 PM

Sep 2020
Oh boy, I can't wait to see Coco and everyone else animated!
Oct 12, 2021 6:28 PM

Nov 2019
Here's to hoping that it'll be as beautiful as the manga or could be even better.
Oct 12, 2021 6:35 PM

Aug 2015
Let's hope it's a good adaption and a good studio. I'm sure everyone here knows but mark my words. Witch Hat Atelier is gonna EXPLODE with popularity if everything goes well with the anime.

Oct 13, 2021 3:03 AM

Jan 2017
That Staff and Studio are prime... But sincerity I would like to see it adapted by KyoAni, I know she only does her homework, but it would be great! Another good one would be Wit, since she made Mahoutsukai... I think they'll adapt the first 5 volumes!
Oct 13, 2021 3:57 AM

Oct 2018
This is great if true, the manga was a joy to read. A studio like Kyoani or Wit studio would do great with it although I'm highly doubtful it will go to them

Oct 13, 2021 9:16 AM

Sep 2020
SasukeUC said:
That Staff and Studio are prime... But sincerity I would like to see it adapted by KyoAni, I know she only does her homework, but it would be great! Another good one would be Wit, since she made Mahoutsukai... I think they'll adapt the first 5 volumes!

The final chapter of volume 5 is a reasonable ending point for a 12-13 episodes TV series, but the story not taking a breath there and continuing without any sort of intermission will certainly demand a story alteration unless a second season will be produced.
Oct 13, 2021 2:12 PM

Jan 2017
Avvenirista said:
SasukeUC said:

The final chapter of volume 5 is a reasonable ending point for a 12-13 episodes TV series, but the story not taking a breath there and continuing without any sort of intermission will certainly demand a story alteration unless a second season will be produced.

Then. Adapts well, he will probably win a second season, he currently has 9 volumes of it! The best option would be to adapt up to 5 volumes(I don't think the 5v final isn't breathtaking), of course it can improve(but without radical changes)! The important thing is not to do what they did with Mahoutsukai, 9 volumes in 24 eps, it was well adapted but at the same time a little rushed!
Oct 13, 2021 4:13 PM

Sep 2020
SasukeUC said:
Avvenirista said:

Then. Adapts well, he will probably win a second season, he currently has 9 volumes of it! The best option would be to adapt up to 5 volumes(I don't think the 5v final isn't breathtaking), of course it can improve(but without radical changes)! The important thing is not to do what they did with Mahoutsukai, 9 volumes in 24 eps, it was well adapted but at the same time a little rushed!

Right, no matter where it will end let's just hope this will become a good animation.
But like you said, a second season or a consecutive two cour series would be magnificent (I would really to see animated what happens in volumes 6-7).
Oct 16, 2021 6:00 PM

Dec 2020
It currently has enough chapters for an adaptation and the author is being well received in Japan. Adaptation is very likely.

An adaptation for this manga would surely have a lot of work. For whatever reason, fantasy anime almost always gets a good production job.
Oct 21, 2021 6:04 AM

Nov 2019
The manga is amazing. It has really fun and lovable characters
I'm dreaming about "Sakurai Takahiro" as "Qifrey"
Oct 30, 2021 5:15 AM
May 2016
I hope we get the official announcement soon.
I know it's basically happening at this point, but the anticipation is killing me
Nov 2, 2021 6:27 PM

Sep 2017
Can't wait to see what studio will be adapting this gem, since Wit is already taken with Spy x Family and possibly Vinland Saga S2, I just hope it'll be KyoAni

Otherwise...well, maybe Shaft or Bones I guess, at least a competent studio so don't give it to Deen or Cloverworks please
Nov 3, 2021 2:21 PM
May 2016
Damuzen said:
Can't wait to see what studio will be adapting this gem, since Wit is already taken with Spy x Family and possibly Vinland Saga S2, I just hope it'll be KyoAni

Otherwise...well, maybe Shaft or Bones I guess, at least a competent studio so don't give it to Deen or Cloverworks please

I think Cloverworks is pretty competent, the problem is that they seem to be forced to work on little time and budget, unlike their older sibling, A1 Pictures. I wouldn't hate if it were them, but I'd like a studio with more pizazz like:
3Hz
Satellite
Orange
C2C
Sunrise
Pierrot(who do really well with shorter series when given priority)
And I wouldn't actually mind if it were CG, since they could put more of the little details into the artwork, and the series mostly works with a small cast of characters
Mar 28, 2022 6:30 AM
Nov 2020
Is there any new informatiom about the adaptation so far or nothing? Also i think that either Wit Studio, Kyoani or Studio Bind will do excelent do adapting the manga. I as well think that the end of vol5 will serve as great closure for the season's first cour or just 1st season. But let's pray they can capture the magic beauty of this manga with spectacular animation that it rightly deserve .
Apr 5, 2022 8:16 AM
Sep 2021
NG_Chloe said:
I hope we get the official announcement soon.
I know it's basically happening at this point, but the anticipation is killing me

Congratulations, anime adaptation announced

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tongari Boushi no Atelier Chapter 13 Discussion

Pleinair - May 27, 2018

3 by Rexnihilo »»
Apr 17, 3:23 PM

Poll: » Tongari Boushi no Atelier Chapter 1 Discussion

Toarujisuru - Dec 12, 2017

21 by Rexnihilo »»
Apr 17, 2:33 PM

Poll: » Tongari Boushi no Atelier Chapter 77 Discussion

ryzxgum - Apr 3

2 by MegamiRem »»
Apr 8, 10:49 AM

Poll: » Tongari Boushi no Atelier Chapter 2 Discussion

Pleinair - Feb 14, 2018

8 by Senjougaharaa »»
Apr 8, 4:13 AM

Poll: » Tongari Boushi no Atelier Chapter 12 Discussion

Pleinair - May 23, 2018

6 by Ranxomare »»
Apr 7, 7:23 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.