Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 11, 2019 6:08 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The real secret and mystery revealed :o

It's about time and honestly, this episode was the apex of this crew's feelings coming together from their journey. First time I've seen Kanata being that pissed off before.
Sep 11, 2019 8:07 AM

Aug 2017
Oh, Charce true past and Aries past. Oh shit, Kanata lost his arm. That caught me off guard.

1 episode more and this is over.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 11, 2019 10:50 AM
Jul 2017
Where can i find this episode??
Sep 11, 2019 11:08 AM

Apr 2019
Nitro3 said:
Where can i find this episode??

nowhere, its not subbed yet
they watched the official japanese raw version live
actually it might be subbed around now
no idea, you have to check the timezone's yourself im too lazy, there is a thread in the astra forum talking about the delay
You son of a .. turtle

Sep 11, 2019 1:25 PM
Apr 2018
very impactful episode, so much of story have been revealed
Sep 11, 2019 1:48 PM

May 2017
That was quite an episode. That ending with Kanata and Charce was awesome.
Never did I expect going into this show we would get so much storytelling and plot twists.
Sep 11, 2019 1:49 PM

Dec 2014
That was probably the best episode. First half of it was boring as hell and I almost fell asleep. Second half though was pretty okay? It was one of the few moments in the entire series that wasn't soured by a dumb plot twist, a cliche trope, or a corny overdramatic backstory. Not bad. I'm not gonna raise it above a 4/10 unless the finale is decent but at least this one was entertaining for a bit and managed to not annoy me for 10 straight minutes. 3/5 episode
Sep 11, 2019 1:53 PM

Mar 2010
This episode was such a big UWU.

Now Watching

原神 : 800993232

SV-Mirage

Sep 11, 2019 1:54 PM

Jun 2017
A villain that actually changed sides because of actual reason and not because the plot required it? wow...

Kanata losing that arm was wild...
Sep 11, 2019 2:03 PM

Jan 2013
i shouldn't have but i laughed when the subs have Kanata say Charce gonna be his right-hand man while sticking his missing arm out
Sep 11, 2019 2:07 PM
Jul 2018
This is the best episode so far. I love it!
Sep 11, 2019 2:16 PM

Dec 2014
Although this is not some kind of hot blooded shonen adventure anime that MC can magically regenerate a new arm, but still, I am in awe that he got his arm cut off.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Sep 11, 2019 2:17 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
The Aries reveal would've been more satisfying if they had been more subtle with the hints for it in previous episodes. It was kind of obvious she was Seira's clone ever since the flashback was first shown and they clearly had the same voice actress (not to mention the backwards name)

Also Kanata didn't really need to lose his arm there, I mean why stretch your hand out towards the very thing you're trying so desperately not to touch? Didn't make a whole lot of sense

But as always, details like these have always been this anime's weakness. The main events are still the most important and as far as that goes, this episode was quite touching either way
Sep 11, 2019 2:19 PM

Jul 2014
Kanata's arm getting cut off caught me off-guard, I never thought this series would take that turn with its MC, the ep already had me sad with the whole Seira, Aries and Charce backstory and then just killed me with that last bit with Kanata losing an arm and motivating Charce to return home via being his right arm when he gets his own ship.
We had some pretty strong ep near its end but this has got to be the most impactful one for me. Based Kanata!
Sep 11, 2019 2:24 PM
Nov 2016
HaXXspetten said:
The Aries reveal would've been more satisfying if they had been more subtle with the hints for it in previous episodes. It was kind of obvious she was Seira's clone ever since the flashback was first shown and they clearly had the same voice actress (not to mention the backwards name)

Also Kanata didn't really need to lose his arm there, I mean why stretch your hand out towards the very thing you're trying so desperately not to touch? Didn't make a whole lot of sense

But as always, details like these have always been this anime's weakness. The main events are still the most important and as far as that goes, this episode was quite touching either way

I think the arm thing just happened on the spur of the moment. I mean it didn't made any sense to me too but it all happened so quickly and he didn't have time to think.

Or it could be just because Charce said he could be his right-hand, for the emotional impact Kanata had to lose his arm.
Sep 11, 2019 2:31 PM

Jul 2014
npcvillager said:
HaXXspetten said:

I think the arm thing just happened on the spur of the moment. I mean it didn't made any sense to me too but it all happened so quickly and he didn't have time to think.

Or it could be just because Charce said he could be his right-hand, for the emotional impact Kanata had to lose his arm.

TBF I don't think Charce would have stopped that if Kanata's arm didn't get sucked in first, everything happened way too fast that I don't blame Kanata for reacting like that, some people do random shit when put in a dangerous situation, not everyone can be calm and collective under those circumstances.
That being said I still think it was pretty dumb the moment he ran towards Charce, he knows the only one Charce doesnt want to kill is Aries, with only 2 of them on the orb's direction what kinda plan did he have for Charce to stop it? I dont know if he was planning a double suicide, acted on impulse or trusted Charce that he'd have a change of heart midway cause he'd barely have enough time to grab the controller from him.
Sep 11, 2019 2:32 PM

Apr 2017
A great episode. As most of you people, Kanata losing his arm caught me off-guard.
Sep 11, 2019 2:35 PM

Aug 2018
I think every mystery have been resolved with this episode : identity of the assassin, his motive, everyone's backstory, etc.

However I'm a bit afraid about the last episode : will they have enough time to decently end this really great plot ? Like I really want to have a short epilogue where we see the adult crew, doing their stuff together or not (I'd expect Yunhua being a singer, Kanata-Zack-Charce being on a ship, Ulgar being a journalist, etc). But on the other hand, they still have to end their trip and then we'll probably have scenes with the originals.

Do manga readers here think there will be enough time to cover up everything lasting ?
Sep 11, 2019 2:47 PM

Apr 2018
that was the most sad bruh moment so far
Sep 11, 2019 2:50 PM

Apr 2014
What a soap opera..
Aug 2018
WOW! That was amazing! Totally awesome! I admit it... I cried.
By the way, the fact that there are soooo many plot-twists in this show makes it an amazing ride, but I cannot understand why there are not a lot of people watching this. It is also a really underrated anime so I assume that I have to give it the title of the "Hidden Gem".

Oct 2018
Wow, this truly felt like the show's climax and it was damn good. I'm only a little concerned as to what the last episode of the series is going to entail since I want to see a satisfying ending and I don't know if that can be delivered in just one episode. Who knows, a possible second season could be announced or we'll just have to start reading the manga.

A lot of people are confused as to why Kanata reached his arm out, or altogether why he recklessly charged towards Charce with pretty much no plan. I think this is where Aries' dialogue about the way Kanata is always running can explain this fairly enough.

Kanata is always running towards something, and it's usually to help someone else. His plan was illogical, but Kanata in the vey beginning of this series made it clear that even if he were stuck in outer space as the result of trying to help someone else, he would be glad so long as the other person doesn't have to die alone. I think he believed that if he and Charce got sucked up, even if they died, they'd just die together and at least Charce wouldn't have to be alone.

So yeah, Kanata's plan was quite stupid in terms of the bigger picture, but ultimately it was just Kanata's pure-heartedness that made him stupid. The lost arm also adds depth and emotion to the fact that he considers Charce his right-hand man. That being said, I really enjoy how much these kids love each other and have created such a bond. Clones and all, they all acknowledge each other as inidivdual PEOPLE, and I just love that. Hate to see this series end!
~ These boys must be protected at all costs ~
Sep 11, 2019 2:51 PM
Nov 2015
WTF? Why did he have to lose his arm? I know this show is overly dramatic, but there was no need for this.
Sep 11, 2019 2:54 PM
Aug 2018
sammyk124 said:
Wow, this truly felt like the show's climax and it was damn good. I'm only a little concerned as to what the last episode of the series is going to entail since I want to see a satisfying ending and I don't know if that can be delivered in just one episode. Who knows, a possible second season could be announced or we'll just have to start reading the manga.

A lot of people are confused as to why Kanata reached his arm out, or altogether why he recklessly charged towards Charce with pretty much no plan. I think this is where Aries' dialogue about the way Kanata is always running can explain this fairly enough.

Kanata is always running towards something, and it's usually to help someone else. His plan was illogical, but Kanata in the vey beginning of this series made it clear that even if he were stuck in outer space as the result of trying to help someone else, he would be glad so long as the other person doesn't have to die alone. I think he believed that if he and Charce got sucked up, even if they died, they'd just die together and at least Charce wouldn't have to be alone.

So yeah, Kanata's plan was quite stupid in terms of the bigger picture, but ultimately it was just Kanata's pure-heartedness that made him stupid. The lost arm also adds depth and emotion to the fact that he considers Charce his right-hand man. That being said, I really enjoy how much these kids love each other and have created such a bond. Clones and all, they all acknowledge each other as inidivdual PEOPLE, and I just love that. Hate to see this series end!

I think that the anime will adapt the whole manga (which is finished).
Sep 11, 2019 3:04 PM

Apr 2019
Otorez said:
I think every mystery have been resolved with this episode : identity of the assassin, his motive, everyone's backstory, etc.

However I'm a bit afraid about the last episode : will they have enough time to decently end this really great plot ? Like I really want to have a short epilogue where we see the adult crew, doing their stuff together or not (I'd expect Yunhua being a singer, Kanata-Zack-Charce being on a ship, Ulgar being a journalist, etc). But on the other hand, they still have to end their trip and then we'll probably have scenes with the originals.

Do manga readers here think there will be enough time to cover up everything lasting ?

should be fine its only 4 chapters left and we've had episodes where they adapted 5 chapters so yeah
You son of a .. turtle

Sep 11, 2019 3:06 PM

Feb 2014
That should be the last of twists right? What a plot to connect it all.
Can't wait to see how they end it all.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 11, 2019 3:09 PM

Oct 2018
Kame-nos said:
sammyk124 said:

I think that the anime will adapt the whole manga (which is finished).

Oh thank God, hopefully the ending is satisfying because I really like this show!
~ These boys must be protected at all costs ~
Sep 11, 2019 3:10 PM

Oct 2010
Awesome episode. Everything was predictable but the execution was top-notch. Not sure how they're gonna end this in one more episode even with it being double-length. Excited though. Definitely AOTS thus far, hopefully they nail the finale.
Sep 11, 2019 3:13 PM

Oct 2010
Otorez said:

FWIW, the last episode is confirmed to be a double-length episode like episode 1 was (so around 45 minutes long, hour-long broadcast on TV with commercials)
Sep 11, 2019 3:15 PM

Apr 2019
Kougeru said:
Otorez said:

FWIW, the last episode is confirmed to be a double-length episode like episode 1 was (so around 45 minutes long, hour-long broadcast on TV with commercials)

damn i didn't know that,
thats great to hear, because that means we get all of that sweet sweet dialogue :3
You son of a .. turtle

Sep 11, 2019 3:24 PM

Jan 2016
Ok, new anime of the season for me folks! Phenomenal!

Charce reason was actually something worth sympathizing and Kanata is an amazing MC. We actually get to see a reckless decision lead to a consequence, which practically never happens in Anime.

Also kudos to the VA's who were all phenomenal as usual but even more so in today's episode.
Sep 11, 2019 3:30 PM

Apr 2017
Oh boi Kanata best bro. He's cool as heck yo
Sep 11, 2019 3:43 PM

Apr 2019
@Kougeru by the way i have been looking for a source, but can't find one, can you post your source for the confirmation of the last ep being 1 hour?
You son of a .. turtle

Sep 11, 2019 3:54 PM

Oct 2012
Hm.... Honestly, the drama was way way too overdone, all that crying, frienship appeal and stuff - it really was almost cringeworthy. Again, everything concerning the plot was so naive and I find it really hard to believe they would actually want to kill their clones instead of using them secretely in spite of the law. If not for the end where Kanata lost his hand (due to his zealous stupidity) this episode would be very weak.

For a sec I thought Aries actually takes after Kanata's leading example, now that would be actually some developement as Charce would need to turn that thing off instantly to not harm her. But no, guess I expected too much. Also, in the first episode they instantly put their helmets on, now in the face of the well-know danger they actually forget about it? *sigh*

Also, if Aries was an infant back then, that would make Charce like ten or so years older then them which would made his cover as high-school student way too unreliable (I mean, anime characters don't shave or anything but even if he had younger look they would be able to tell he is lot older then them).
Sep 11, 2019 3:56 PM

Oct 2012
Charce and Kanata will be forever together~ Brothers ♥
Now onto the last episode...
Sep 11, 2019 3:58 PM

Oct 2010
Nim0174 said:
@Kougeru by the way i have been looking for a source, but can't find one, can you post your source for the confirmation of the last ep being 1 hour?
https://www.bs11.jp/program/sp/?p=529343&s=211&e=3744&ed=20190912

1:30-2:30

Mich666 said:

Also, if Aries was an infant back then, that would make Charce like ten or so years older then them which would made his cover as high-school student way too unreliable (I mean, anime characters don't shave or anything but even if he had younger look they would be able to tell he is lot older then them).

Clones having accelerated growth is a pretty common trope. Or even slowed growth. Charce might've had his aging slowed so that there would be more years in it for the King to live in. Or Aries did age faster. Or he just looks young AF.
KougeruSep 11, 2019 4:01 PM
Sep 11, 2019 4:01 PM
Nov 2016
Mich666 said:
Hm.... Honestly, the drama was way way too overdone, all that crying, frienship appeal and stuff - it really was almost cringeworthy. Again, everything concerning the plot was so naive and I find it really hard to believe they would actually want to kill their clones instead of using them secretely in spite of the law. If not for the end where Kanata lost his hand (due to his zealous stupidity) this episode would be very weak.

For a sec I thought Aries actually takes after Kanata's leading example, now that would be actually some developement as Charce would need to turn that thing off instantly to not harm her. But no, guess I expected too much. Also, in the first episode they instantly put their helmets on, now in the face of the well-know danger they actually forget about it? *sigh*

OMG I haven't thought about Charce being older. But I studied with people 10 years younger than me at college and at first they never believed when I told them my age. I can believe that part of the story, it happens.
Sep 11, 2019 4:13 PM
Mar 2015
Everyone give a big hand to Kanata
Sep 11, 2019 4:14 PM

Mar 2016
HaXXspetten said:

Pretty much thought about it the same way. The whole reveal with Seira would've been more impactful if the show did the revelations correctly. I think the lack of enough context from source material is the problem, considering it does feel like a lot of stuff has been left out of this whole story adaptation.
Sep 11, 2019 4:16 PM

Oct 2012
npcvillager said:
OMG I haven't thought about Charce being older. But I studied with people 10 years younger than me at college and at first they never believed when I told them my age. I can believe that part of the story, it happens.

Yeah, I'm actually the same, people are telling me I am 10 years younger than I am but here it felt more like they completely forgot about the fact (maybe the manga was different). Even official materials says he is 17, the same as them which is obviously lie). Also, funny thing, this whole thing actually makes Aries Charce's daugther :D

I guess the identity of the killer would be unexplained now, the same as the mystery around the death Ulgar's brother Finn back then.
Sep 11, 2019 4:22 PM

Jul 2017
300iq plays by Kanata purposely got his arm cut off just so he could make that pun

-Stray said:
npcvillager said:

TBF I don't think Charce would have stopped that if Kanata's arm didn't get sucked in first, everything happened way too fast that I don't blame Kanata for reacting like that, some people do random shit when put in a dangerous situation, not everyone can be calm and collective under those circumstances.
That being said I still think it was pretty dumb the moment he ran towards Charce, he knows the only one Charce doesnt want to kill is Aries, with only 2 of them on the orb's direction what kinda plan did he have for Charce to stop it? I dont know if he was planning a double suicide, acted on impulse or trusted Charce that he'd have a change of heart midway cause he'd barely have enough time to grab the controller from him.

yea that seemed more like an impulse thing than anything. As for why Kanata decided to run, I'm assuming his goal was to try and get Charce away from the sphere, in the hopes that he'd realize how much his nakama cared for him and would stop it himself. Obviously it probably didn't go as plan seeing how he got his armed chopped off though technically it did work since Charce chose to stop the sphere instead of taking them both
Short_CircutSep 11, 2019 4:33 PM
Sep 11, 2019 4:25 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
Katsu-kun said:
What a soap opera..

Lol I agree with you blonde had to be super complicated when it was so simple instead he was super edgy acting like some bad guy but in reality he was good and loved his friends the typical Sasuke persona still enjoyed this episode it's just that Kanata losing his arm could have been avoided

Sep 11, 2019 4:27 PM

Oct 2010
Kougeru said:
Clones having accelerated growth is a pretty common trope. Or even slowed growth. Charce might've had his aging slowed so that there would be more years in it for the King to live in. Or Aries did age faster. Or he just looks young AF.

There were moment where both clone infants were shown together -> same age.
Passing Aries to maid was story told to Charce by Seira.
He never saw her clone and princess is more then ~15 years older (despite looking young)

Previous 'Seira the Commoner Girl' story is a fake.
geptorSep 11, 2019 4:32 PM
Sep 11, 2019 4:28 PM
Nov 2016
Mich666 said:
npcvillager said:

Yeah, I'm actually the same, people are telling me I am 10 years younger than I am but here it felt more like they completely forgot about the fact (maybe the manga was different). Even official materials says he is 17, the same as them which is obviously lie). Also, funny thing, this whole thing actually makes Aries Charce's daugther :D

I guess the identity of the killer would be unexplained now, the same as the mystery around the death Ulgar's brother Finn back then.

I was so focusing on the arm thing and like you said at first, the forced emotional part made me cringe a bit too, these details never occured to me honestly. Biologically speaking yes he would be her father. But the whole episode screamed like "the hell with genes, personality is determined by environmental factors!" So they're just friends :3

I also think we won't ever know who the killer is.
Sep 11, 2019 4:33 PM
Nov 2016
geptor said:
Kougeru said:

There were moment where both infants were shown together -> same age.
Passing Aries to maid was story told to Charce by Seira. He never saw her clone himself and princess is more then ~15 years older.

Oops...yeah I remember that part, they're at the same age.
Sep 11, 2019 4:35 PM

Oct 2009
...ok, Kanata losing his arm was just completely stupid. I get that he has this trait that he just charges head-first into danger to save others, but even with that in mind, something like that was utterly illogical. Especially for a guy who's always managed to keep his cool, under all circumstances, and think things through in a logical manner. They've run away from that thing how many times now, exactly because they knew that if it touches them, they get sucked in? And now he's just "hey here take my arm!", right after he manages to jump over it and get both of them away from it.... nah. It was not needed for Charce to be his right-hand man - especially with all the tech in that world too, I'm pretty sure prosthetics are a pretty easy thing. Honestly, out of everything so far, this is the one detail that actually does bug me.
Sep 11, 2019 4:38 PM

Oct 2012
geptor said:
There were moment where both clone infants were shown together -> same age.Passing Aries to maid was story told to Charce by Seira.

Sorry, my bad, somehow I got confused by that flashback in the flashback and didn't realized that Charce is the one on the right here. And the manga actually confirms they are the same age.

Sep 11, 2019 4:53 PM

Oct 2011
loved that episode! really emotional. charce story is so sad... never expected that! but i did see the "aries=seira" scene coming, it is bugged me since the first time charce told them about seira.

the scene where kanata lost his hand was stupid and a waste..
but after what he said to charce - about becoming his right hand, I guess I see what they tried to accomplish there.. but still dumb...
Sep 11, 2019 4:59 PM

Jul 2017
@HaXXspetten @Ryuseishun y'all are not wrong to say that the story and its plot points were pretty much bare-bones, the weakest aspect of the anime, because the manga just kinda glossed over it like it's nothing, it's there to just give the main story some edge, and finding more answers is not the purpose here.

With that said, we get a glimpse of the final 2 people's backstory: Charce's and Aries a.k.a Seira. It's easy to think (but hard to follow) that all this while, he was just but a vessel to worship the original and dispose the clone. Whereas finding (Princess) Seira proved that Aries too was a clone, one that was opposed to the Genome clone act, and finding her from the clutches of Charce's father the King and sending her away was a godsend to keep any experimental efforts away from her.

The FULL picture from Charce's memories in Episode 7/8 that was once hidden is now in full view, of a life like a bourne identity. An assassination that was once an attempt all at once to get Aries and decimate every living witness.

But instead, the very living he tried to get out of it, he saved Charce...by leaving his arm out in the sphere, sounds stupid isn't it? But it's the normal human reaction. Regardless, Charce is the final person to be changed by Kanata and the others.

Pretty emotional episode that answers most (but not all) of the questions about the characters motivations against their ultimate motives.

The finale, and the final 4 chapters to go. Let it rip.

@Kougeru I hope the final episode (if confirmed) being an hour long finale would be nice.
Sep 11, 2019 5:00 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
To think that his role in life was to eventually be a vessel for the king in his mad quest though. His love of insects and plants though sure proved to be the one thing that he enjoyed within that grim role of a life. While the revelation did well in painting him as a villain the fact that until now Charce had helped the team countless times proves that to him his comrades are not just targets. The revelation about Aries as well as the relationship that existed between Charce and princess Seira sure was insightful. To think that Princess Seria would be the one that aided in Aries escape and thus give her the life that she deserved. To bad about Seria though. Overall an excellent ep that featured excellent expansion for both Charce and Aries via some pretty heavy revelations that had heavy emotional weight behind them. Kanata sure paid a heavy price for saving Charce though. But man Kanata really has grown into becoming quite the leader. Quite curious as to how the series will end next week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2019

202 by DebiPS »»
Apr 18, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

347 by naturalbrawler »»
Mar 20, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2019

304 by Sakagami_Tomoyo »»
Mar 3, 5:10 PM

» how this is not more popular.

Sayms - Jan 15, 2022

21 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

168 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 5:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.