Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 8, 2019 5:04 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
VanishingKira said:
The very moment zenitsu reappears, already screaming smh.

I know. There should be 5 second warning when he appears so that one can turn the volume down. Scared the shit out my GF when he screams at 12:30
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 8, 2019 5:27 AM

Mar 2016
OrigamiHawk said:
FuMomo-kun said:
I still can't understand how Nezuko can fit in that tiny box. Was it hard to resize the box enough to fit a small girl?

She can shrink herself. Watch the first two episodes.

I know that she can shrink herself into a smaller body, but we always see the big Nezuko inside the box. I think it's a design flaw. They should have used a bigger box.
Sep 8, 2019 5:30 AM
May 2018
The hashira's remind me of of the captain's in Bleach, a banch of assholes in clothes. Tomioka and the snake guy are the only ones who didn't get on my nerves. The pink one is particularly annoying. I wonder if any of the main characters is going to join their ranks at some point seeing how strong they are with barely any battle experience.

I didn't like the comedy. Making fun of the protagonist for acting like a protagonist. That scarred guy stabs an innocent person three times and then they immediately go to Nezuko making cute faces to make you forget about it, t hen Tanjiro returns and it seems like there is some hope that the bastard is going to be punished but instead they put in more comedy.

I hope Zenitsu gets better. So far he's like a worse Usopp from One Piece. He overreacts to everything and then during the fights it's almost like he has another personality. I would much prefer if they toned him down and started showing that he wants to get through how much of a bitch he is.
Sep 8, 2019 6:28 AM

May 2017
Yea I'm hooked to this show. Took me roughly 16 episodes but ever since then its been really nice. Even these non action based episodes are really enjoyable because of the nice dialogues. Excited to see where this season will end. Only 3 episodes left. Also nice to have best boy Inosuke back. Love that dude.
Sep 8, 2019 6:54 AM

Mar 2014
Damn, screaming retards returned. Last episodes were so good without them. At least one of them got quiet, Im afraid that not for long.

So far I rated this anime 5/10. You know why? Becouse normal scenes are great, easily 8+/10 but episodes with dumb and dumber ruin everything and take away my will to live.

Yuri-Crusader said:

The only thing again that saves this anime is the females.Or Shinobu and her maidens at her lesbian butterfly mansion!!!!YES!!!!

Lol.

Sep 8, 2019 7:21 AM
Aug 2017
DedPanda said:
So....that went down. Nezuko is the kawaii protecc girl as always. Skipping through all that stuff that went down...I just have one question: Are we going to conveniently forget that Tanjiro saw Muzan with an actual family? Because...ya know...instead of belittling and beating on the kid, the moment that shit was made known...this little trial should have been sidelined so he can give them information.

Because Tanjiro knew that is not Muzan's actual family. Muzan looks down on humans so it is impossible for him to fall in love and have a family. Muzan may has already killed the real husband of that family and took his place.
It was mentioned that Muzan always went into hiding immediately after being discovered so they know they won't find him that easily. Tanjiro only ran into him by chance.

Sep 8, 2019 7:26 AM
Aug 2017
AddaeAkono said:
These episodes seem to go by very quickly and I knew Nezuko was not going to take the bait with the wind pillar's blood thanks to the spell that was placed on her. The master said that this is the finest group of Demon Slayers since the feudal era so I wonder how old he is.

He is young, only 23. He only said that because his predecessors left behind records and knowledge in order to beat Muzan.
Sep 8, 2019 7:29 AM
Aug 2017
cchigu said:
Sunlight must have poured through the three or so holes made in Nezuko's container by that one Hashira and she should have died.

0/5

But for real though, these episodes after that 3 min orgasm have been pretty bad. Shitty obnoxious Hashiras man, already hating all of them especially that poison lady. Also, hope that the fkin yellow haired all-the-time-yelling kid and the boar headed kid, both die.

3/5

I also feel like that the "master" is actually Michael Jackson.

In case you haven't noticed, both Zenitsu and Inosuke are in the main cast. They won't die anytime soon. In fact, they even get more screen time than Nezuko in the future arcs.
Sep 8, 2019 8:33 AM

Jul 2010
Again a great episode, I enjoyed every minute of it! Hmmm, but I don't know why, it seemed very short to me! After the end of each episode, I always want more, and I feel kind of hungry! Of course, after watching episode 5, I started reading the manga as well, and again ... I want more, more and more! In my opinion, a second season must be done...
Sep 8, 2019 9:56 AM

Sep 2017
Yeah of course Nezuko didn't do anything "bad." I actually think that could have went a lot worse. The rest of Tanjiro's gang sure is beat to shit tho.
Sep 8, 2019 11:43 AM

Feb 2017
nezuko: *speak up*
nobody:
me: cant shrug the voice of sekai no fuku incho aru aru beam

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Sep 8, 2019 12:42 PM
Jul 2019
Man, at one point I'm glad to see Zenitsu again , on the other hand him with that sticky snot coming from his running nose disgust me that I almost wanna puke.

Oh so wee see Kanao Tsuyuri again, so wtf can't she say a simple yes or no to those two ninja like helpers?????
Sep 8, 2019 2:02 PM

Jun 2016
Good episode and Good Sanemi got proven wrong.
As Its wasn t obvious already considering she hasn t eaten anyone for two years.

Didn t expect that ubuyashiki and pillar meeting. They didn t show that in the manga.

Kanao my sweet favourite female anime character in KMY equal with Nezuko. I already know her personality so we will see how her personality Develop.

Considering pace of episode and remainder episode. I guess they can t cover up This next arc. Too bad I was hoping too see my second favourite demon anime character in KMY at this season.
PrideRoyalIvySep 8, 2019 2:06 PM

Sep 8, 2019 2:04 PM
~Watching Anime

Oct 2018
It was a nice episode when it showed Nezuko and Tanjiro. It was not so much with Zenitsu whining, and Inosuke seems depressed.
The episode nosedived for me when the Master started applying names to bits of garbage. I was hoping for some beheadings instead.
Have suspicions, not faith.
Sep 8, 2019 2:43 PM

Apr 2016
I think this new character could be the first that would not be annoying. One second after he’s appeared, Zenitsu remember to everyone how mich he can be annoying ahaha. Inosuke is probably gone to be less annoying, I hope so. Transitional episode I think.
Sep 8, 2019 3:40 PM
Jul 2015
Dzentelmen2 said:
The hashira's remind me of of the captain's in Bleach, a banch of assholes in clothes. Tomioka and the snake guy are the only ones who didn't get on my nerves. The pink one is particularly annoying. I wonder if any of the main characters is going to join their ranks at some point seeing how strong they are with barely any battle experience.

I didn't like the comedy. Making fun of the protagonist for acting like a protagonist. That scarred guy stabs an innocent person three times and then they immediately go to Nezuko making cute faces to make you forget about it, t hen Tanjiro returns and it seems like there is some hope that the bastard is going to be punished but instead they put in more comedy.

I hope Zenitsu gets better. So far he's like a worse Usopp from One Piece. He overreacts to everything and then during the fights it's almost like he has another personality. I would much prefer if they toned him down and started showing that he wants to get through how much of a bitch he is.

At least in Bleach they were acting under orders. False orders, but they didn't know that their super secret room had been infiltrated yet. These guys didn't even wait for their leader to start acting on their own.

I do wish there had been a little bit more of a scolding for Mr Stabby, stab. But in their minds Tanjiro was in the wrong for mouthing off against a Hashira. Cuz of course he should sit and do nothing while they mistreat his sister.......... He should just blindly obey a chain of command that he basically only found out about now. I don't know if allowing Tanjiro to get a few headbutts in would be an adequate punishment but something should be done. If only because right now Tanjiro and Nezuko are key in luring the main antagonist. Like imagine the chaos if the leader were any later to the meeting. If they had killed Nezuko and Tanjiro only to find out the siblings importance. It's no wonder their organization isn't producing good results. The guys at the top are super hands off.

I just fast forward when it comes to Zen. I can see why he'd be popular in the manga cuz they don't have to hear him yell. I'm surprised the chick with the pigtails and blue butterflies hasn't gagged him.
Sep 8, 2019 3:53 PM

Feb 2019
episode 19 has made these threads blow up, man I miss the days when it was niche
Sep 8, 2019 5:24 PM
Jan 2016
And another masteful episode!

Nezuko is truly one of best girls, she handled the temptation to attack and devour him, proud of her, passing the chalenge, and her Angry shot in the box was so epic!

I am glad of seeing Tanjirou reunion with Inozuke and Zenitsu, Zenitsu is energetic as always!

Kanao is so adorable and cute, we see some amazing scene with butterflies, curious to see more of her!

Also master is kinde misterious, looking forward to know more abaut him, and he knew about tanjirou and Tamayo encounter!
Sep 8, 2019 8:43 PM

Jan 2013
Nezuko! Nezuko! Nezuko hahaha she's the best.
Tanjiro fought well, now rest.

Finally, they all reunited!

So their boss knows Tamayo, interesting.
I wonder who the boss is, hope he won't be a traitor in the end.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 8, 2019 8:43 PM

Jan 2013
-Aincrad- said:
Just saw this on FB :D

*3 episodes

So good! hahahaha
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 8, 2019 9:01 PM

Feb 2010
Honestly, the Pillars are very interesting and like I'm anticipating their future fights I bet it'll look so cool. It's very interesting to see them interact because some of them just seem terribly at communicating with one another and just seeing snippets of their personality has been interesting. Too bad there's only 3 episodes left of this season...and probably won't be any action left...

I enjoyed the ending it was really cute. That reunion...the bromance/friendship, is something I look forward to seeing progress as they're all growing in different ways. They're already growing and in the process of growing and they're sort of a team now. It's cute.

Tanjiro is honestly such a great brother and it was really this episode where I began to realize how he has been maturing and growing throughout this season. What he said to Nezuko before she knocked out showed that to me. The relationships in this series really are pure and I enjoy watching their dynamics and watching them develop. I didn't expect to like this show in the beginning but I really am enjoying it. The pacing seems slow now that the action scenes are over but I'm looking forward to see whatever is left of this season!
Sep 8, 2019 11:55 PM

Aug 2017
The Pillars's boss is creepy lol.

Kanao looks cute, maybe she is going to be a love interest for Tanjirou.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 9, 2019 12:52 AM

Jan 2014
AslanGolzine said:
Laionidas said:
Tomioka is more or less normal right?

pretty much, but there has to be a reason why everybody hates him..

The other hashira just seem to be pissed because he was being a party pooper, he isn't too friendly in general, and he's a lone wolf, but Koncho at least does not seem to hate him.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Sep 9, 2019 5:12 AM

Jul 2017
Pretty exhilarating episode. Nezuko manages to stop her adrenaline into human blood, and the Master adds weight to Tanjirou's shoulders, but it is one of acceptance and challenge to the Hashiras, that both him and Nezuko can fight alongside as a special bunch.

Nezuko in her box is comedy touché.

Finally getting to see Kanao Tsuyuri from the OP. Wonder what's her shtick though as the one who's trained by the Insect Hashira Shinobu herself.

Seeing Zenitsu come again is...bothersome to say the least. Glad that Inosuke is still alive, albeit losing his vocals.

The issue on the Twelve Kizuki from the viewpoints of the Hashiras is devastatingly damning. Lesser and lesser competence from people wanting to be demon slayers meant that they have to live their 200% to teach the potentials like Tanjirou. The fact that Tanjirou has come THIS close to Muzan says a lot about how the Hashiras have wavered along the way, and with Tanjirou, this meeting proves all but one point, which is to defeat Kibutsuji Muzan.

We're 3 episodes away from the (eventual) end, and I'm hoping that an eventual Season 2 will continue things from this end.
Sep 9, 2019 5:15 AM

Dec 2018
I hope it will not be curious ending anime...
Sep 9, 2019 5:54 AM
Jul 2009
ChiMur said:
It was a nice episode when it showed Nezuko and Tanjiro. It was not so much with Zenitsu whining, and Inosuke seems depressed.
The episode nosedived for me when the Master started applying names to bits of garbage. I was hoping for some beheadings instead.

Yeah, behead the most powerful members of the organization and the only hope to defeat the Upper Moons. Smart move. The comments are becoming dumber than ever.
Koshi_InabaSep 9, 2019 7:12 AM
Sep 9, 2019 6:13 AM
~Watching Anime

Oct 2018
Koshi_Inaba said:
ChiMur said:

Yeah, behead the most powerful members of the organization and the only to hope to defeat the Upper Moons. Smart move. The comments are becoming dumber than ever.

You haven't seen dumb yet, I'm not warmed up.

I'm watching for the siblings story, but my next fondest hope is to see Hashira scum die in horrible ways. Preferably screaming.
Have suspicions, not faith.
Sep 9, 2019 6:50 AM
Nov 2016
ChiMur said:

but my next fondest hope is to see Hashira scum die in horrible ways. Preferably screaming.

Oh god no, no more screaming please, I'm already having a hard time dealing with Zenitsu screaming non-stop every time his face is in the screen.
Sep 9, 2019 7:21 AM

Jan 2011
tfw you'll never have Oyakata-sama address you directly.
Sep 9, 2019 7:51 AM

Mar 2015
It's been so long since we heard Zenitsu whine, this is like music to my ears

"His voice was so soothing it made me feel all light" same Tanjirou same, the master is voiced by an absolute legend after all <3
Sep 9, 2019 8:30 AM

Dec 2018
I hope this anime will serve good ending.
Just it.
And what is your opinion, which one is the more beautiful?

or

KingofAnimeLoverSep 9, 2019 8:39 AM
Sep 9, 2019 9:01 AM
Oct 2007
EvilSociopath323 said:
This falls under the category of minor spoilers but I think someone should mention this here. The fact that Nezuko resisted Shinazugawa is all the more impressive

Non-manga reader here. This feels like a major thing to be left out imo.

While some people doesn't like the comedy parts in this series, I tend to like it quite a bit.

With just 2 episodes left, I already can't wait for season 2! Anything could happen including a long delay or break but I'm quite sure there will be season 2 no matter what. It just doesn't make sense that this series won't get a season 2.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2019 10:40 AM

Jan 2015
luccide said:
EvilSociopath323 said:
This falls under the category of minor spoilers but I think someone should mention this here. The fact that Nezuko resisted Shinazugawa is all the more impressive

Non-manga reader here. This feels like a major thing to be left out imo.

It wasn’t left out. That minor thing is revealed in one of the latest chapters. So yeah, it would be like explained in an hypothetical season 3. But it was never explained why Nezuko had a hard time this episode. It is something you notice if rereading the manga or watching the anime (having read the manga). Otherwise you completely forget about this scene, and this is good writing right here imo
Sep 9, 2019 11:20 AM

Apr 2019
more entertaining than the last 2 episodes by far
the dialogue wasn't nearly as obnoxious as in those eps
You son of a .. turtle

Sep 9, 2019 11:45 AM
Aug 2019
Tanjiro saying he's happy Zenitsu survived. No Tanjiro, i'm not happy he survived. It should have been him who lost his voice at least, not Inosuke.

Zenitsu is not comedy, there is nothing funny about him. He is pure annoyance.

Also the Master is totally a reformed demon, like Tamayo. And no I did not read the manga, so I have no clue if I am right about this. But it's a strong hunch. His appearance and his mental ability to make the demonslayers like him, totally suspicious of him. Those two girls with him are also reformed demons, or should we call them vampires (Tamayo said they drink blood).

Wouldn't be farfetched if it was a rogue demon who started the demonslayer organization to fight against Muzan, probably with motive of revenge.
Sep 9, 2019 8:47 PM

Oct 2017
Tista said:
Ant161718 said:
Fine, now I'am scared. Shouldn't I read it?
It's not the matter of should or shouldn't, it's just in the very next arc there are multiple depressed moments and reading it and watching it afterwards would make you feel sad twice. If you are impatient, then read it.
Thanks Tista, thanks to your replied I guess I' am gonna read it at the end.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Sep 9, 2019 11:05 PM

May 2019
The season is looking like it'll have a very strong finale. I like the master's psychology, and the differing philosophies of each of the Hashiras.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Sep 9, 2019 11:18 PM

Jan 2019
Great episode, nothing special though. It seems like the series is cooling off after it's huge climax for awhile.
Sep 10, 2019 3:09 AM

Jun 2017
Anime is about to end :(, but anyway, another great episode from Unlimited budget works.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Sep 10, 2019 7:55 AM

Jan 2016
mecegirl said:
Dzentelmen2 said:

At least in Bleach they were acting under orders. False orders, but they didn't know that their super secret room had been infiltrated yet. These guys didn't even wait for their leader to start acting on their own.

I do wish there had been a little bit more of a scolding for Mr Stabby, stab. But in their minds Tanjiro was in the wrong for mouthing off against a Hashira. Cuz of course he should sit and do nothing while they mistreat his sister.......... He should just blindly obey a chain of command that he basically only found out about now. I don't know if allowing Tanjiro to get a few headbutts in would be an adequate punishment but something should be done. If only because right now Tanjiro and Nezuko are key in luring the main antagonist. Like imagine the chaos if the leader were any later to the meeting. If they had killed Nezuko and Tanjiro only to find out the siblings importance. It's no wonder their organization isn't producing good results. The guys at the top are super hands off.

So Tanjiro should not blindly obey the master but the pillars should?
Ok lol
Sep 10, 2019 9:16 AM
Jul 2015
WiselyKamelot said:

Ok lol

I'm gonna type a lot but this isn't that complicated.

In Tanjiro's case it has a bit less to do with the Master than with the Hashiras. So who he shouldn't blindly follow is the Hashiras. And really it's less to do with should than with human nature. So like let's rewind shit and go step by step.

Tanjiro wakes up to find himself in a new location where he is tied up. He's told that he's being put on trial and will be given a chance to explain why he's palling around with a demon. After a little back and forth he sees that one Hashira(water) is on his side. One(insect) is at least trying to give him the space and time to explain himself. A handful(fire, snake, buddhist looking dude, and flamboyant guy) are talking bout killing him. The rest are just silent. And oh...here comes some scarred up asshole(wind) from left field who not only is talking about killing him but is stabbing his sister.

Also talk of some "Master" who is late to the meeting.

Now Tanjiro is a pretty chill and forgiving guy. About the only one he has a problem with is the Wind Hashira for obvious reasons. All and all he behaved a lot better than the average human. His was sitting pretty quietly until the Wind Hashira got all stabby. Probably would have kept trying to explain his and his sister's situation until the stabbing started. Overall he was pretty obedient except for going after the Wind Hashira. And that is super understandable. He doesn't really know these people and this organization is super scattered so it's no surprise that he doesn't know these people. He has very little reason to obey people who put his sister at risk like that. And I do say they owe him the satisfaction of a headbutt or two..three...whatever. Cuz these guys are not that organized, they are not super regimented. Judging by the way the Hashira's behave anythings fine so long as you are strong enough. Also, acting out based on your emotions is fine too...Like no discipline at all. You wanna stab somebody? Sure fine, if you got the strength you can do whatever the fuck you want or whatever. You want to headbutt someone? Sure fine, why not?? It's all fun and games. The other Hashiras are laughing so it must be okay to solve problems through violence.

The Master is said to have a soothing voice by Tanjiro...really he just seems to be one of the few with some damn patience and self control. The Hashira's know their Master. They trust and,judging by how they all snapped to bowing, highly respect their Master. So why the hell could they not wait til their Master showed up to pass judgement on Tanjiro? Wind dude's manner of speaking changed once the Master appeared. He stopped acting like a thug immediately. You'd think that level of respect would extend to believing in the Master enough to wait long enough to hear his opinions on the matter before jumping the gun...er sword? Like, forget order and obedience for a second. Just pure human nature and relationships. In the end their Master took the time to hear all of the Hashira's that have options out. He gave thoughtful responses to their worries. Even let the Wind guy perform his test. Explained to Tanjiro that such tests may happen in the future because of course folks are gonna be freaked out over a demon. With a master like that you'd think the Hashira's would be more chill? Like they would try to emulate the Master they claim to have such faith in and just wait a moment...cuz really that was all that was being asked of them, to wait until the full story was told.

That is the "blind obedience" expected of them. To give Tanjiro and Nezuko a fair trial. Not to agree with everything. Just to hear them out before rushing to execution. The "blind obedience" expected of Tanjiro? To just drop the fact that he and his sister were not given a fair trial. Or at very least just drop the fact that the arrest leading up to their "trial" was unfair, abusive, negligent, like...police brutality level shit except with demons because he's getting the shit kicked out of him and his sister is getting tortured but he's being expected to let it all go and not fight back.

Sep 10, 2019 9:38 AM

Nov 2011
The Hashiras seem like lazy writing but knowing the structure has made the world a lot more interesting, bet the Master is a former Demon.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Sep 10, 2019 10:05 AM

Jul 2013
aww poor Inosuke. he's usually so confident and upbeat.
Sep 10, 2019 2:24 PM

Nov 2014
Just binged watched up to this episode in 1 day. This series is phenomenal.
Sep 10, 2019 4:51 PM

Sep 2018
Zenitsu + Inosuke + Sanemi + Iguro = Team Annoying ! :/
Nezuko rejecting Sanemi makes me laughed so hard! serves you right! But they should let Tanjirou headbutt him!! grrrrr

That Sanemi guy, he didn't wait for the judgment of their leader and just stabbed Nezuko! that's why he's hatable, why put the justice in your hands?!

erenmeiiSep 10, 2019 5:02 PM
Sep 10, 2019 6:06 PM

Jun 2016
Late talk as I only got caught up now, but this might be in my top 3 favorite episodes of the series, it felt like a genuinely well directed episode, it did the job correctly without feeling forced or annoying, and the scene with Nezuko with the music and the storyboard overall almost made me shed a tear, not any anime can do that let alone a shounen, so this episode does deserve the praise...

Also, I like the master's character, he seems very mysterious, yet gentle and wise, I would like to see more of him, like his traits, motives, ideals...etc
Sep 10, 2019 11:22 PM

Sep 2011
God I hate the Hashiras. (With the exception of Tomioka and Kocho)

They're a bunch of cartoonishly stupid, idiots with obnoxious "lol so quirky" character designs. I somehow take Zenitsu more seriously than them.
Sep 11, 2019 9:39 AM

Dec 2016
mecegirl said:
WiselyKamelot said:

Ok lol

I'm gonna type a lot but this isn't that complicated.

In Tanjiro's case it has a bit less to do with the Master than with the Hashiras. So who he shouldn't blindly follow is the Hashiras. And really it's less to do with should than with human nature. So like let's rewind shit and go step by step.

Tanjiro wakes up to find himself in a new location where he is tied up. He's told that he's being put on trial and will be given a chance to explain why he's palling around with a demon. After a little back and forth he sees that one Hashira(water) is on his side. One(insect) is at least trying to give him the space and time to explain himself. A handful(fire, snake, buddhist looking dude, and flamboyant guy) are talking bout killing him. The rest are just silent. And oh...here comes some scarred up asshole(wind) from left field who not only is talking about killing him but is stabbing his sister.

Also talk of some "Master" who is late to the meeting.

Now Tanjiro is a pretty chill and forgiving guy. About the only one he has a problem with is the Wind Hashira for obvious reasons. All and all he behaved a lot better than the average human. His was sitting pretty quietly until the Wind Hashira got all stabby. Probably would have kept trying to explain his and his sister's situation until the stabbing started. Overall he was pretty obedient except for going after the Wind Hashira. And that is super understandable. He doesn't really know these people and this organization is super scattered so it's no surprise that he doesn't know these people. He has very little reason to obey people who put his sister at risk like that. And I do say they owe him the satisfaction of a headbutt or two..three...whatever. Cuz these guys are not that organized, they are not super regimented. Judging by the way the Hashira's behave anythings fine so long as you are strong enough. Also, acting out based on your emotions is fine too...Like no discipline at all. You wanna stab somebody? Sure fine, if you got the strength you can do whatever the fuck you want or whatever. You want to headbutt someone? Sure fine, why not?? It's all fun and games. The other Hashiras are laughing so it must be okay to solve problems through violence.

The Master is said to have a soothing voice by Tanjiro...really he just seems to be one of the few with some damn patience and self control. The Hashira's know their Master. They trust and,judging by how they all snapped to bowing, highly respect their Master. So why the hell could they not wait til their Master showed up to pass judgement on Tanjiro? Wind dude's manner of speaking changed once the Master appeared. He stopped acting like a thug immediately. You'd think that level of respect would extend to believing in the Master enough to wait long enough to hear his opinions on the matter before jumping the gun...er sword? Like, forget order and obedience for a second. Just pure human nature and relationships. In the end their Master took the time to hear all of the Hashira's that have options out. He gave thoughtful responses to their worries. Even let the Wind guy perform his test. Explained to Tanjiro that such tests may happen in the future because of course folks are gonna be freaked out over a demon. With a master like that you'd think the Hashira's would be more chill? Like they would try to emulate the Master they claim to have such faith in and just wait a moment...cuz really that was all that was being asked of them, to wait until the full story was told.

That is the "blind obedience" expected of them. To give Tanjiro and Nezuko a fair trial. Not to agree with everything. Just to hear them out before rushing to execution. The "blind obedience" expected of Tanjiro? To just drop the fact that he and his sister were not given a fair trial. Or at very least just drop the fact that the arrest leading up to their "trial" was unfair, abusive, negligent, like...police brutality level shit except with demons because he's getting the shit kicked out of him and his sister is getting tortured but he's being expected to let it all go and not fight back.

Like you said, let's go back to the beginning. None of them actually did anything to Tanjirou and his sister before the master show up, minus the wind guy. They all just discuss what to do with Tanjirou base on the code of conduct and their own opinion, cause you know, this is one of the reason they was summoned, to discuss this and give their own opinion. Yes, most of those opinion was negative, but they still hadn't done anything to the unconscious Tanjirou. You can't blame someone for giving their own opinion on the subject that they was asked about with their base on their knowledge. Also the demon hunter isn't a government organization, and to them Nezuko isn't a human or criminal to be treated fairly, in their eyes she a man eating monster that can snap at any moment and kill countless innocent while her brother is a demon hunter yet don't see her as a thread, putting the life of innocent in danger by keeping her alive. We the viewers can see that they wrong cause we have following them, but they don't have that knowledge. The only interaction they have with the demons is kill or be killed.

Also about the wind guy, i not that he don't respect his master, it because he have too much respect for his master. Someone he clearly look up to and revere, that why he can't accept his master decision, a decision that in his eye go again anything they stand for, the destruction of demonkind. And the master know it gonna be hard to convince them, that why he don't tell them about Tamayo.
Sep 11, 2019 11:26 AM
Jul 2015
ExaltedChampion said:

Like you said, let's go back to the beginning. None of them actually did anything to Tanjirou and his sister before the master show up, minus the wind guy. They all just discuss what to do with Tanjirou base on the code of conduct and their own opinion, cause you know, this is one of the reason they was summoned, to discuss this and give their own opinion. Yes, most of those opinion was negative, but they still hadn't done anything to the unconscious Tanjirou. You can't blame someone for giving their own opinion on the subject that they was asked about with their base on their knowledge. Also the demon hunter isn't a government organization, and to them Nezuko isn't a human or criminal to be treated fairly, in their eyes she a man eating monster that can snap at any moment and kill countless innocent while her brother is a demon hunter yet don't see her as a thread, putting the life of innocent in danger by keeping her alive. We the viewers can see that they wrong cause we have following them, but they don't have that knowledge. The only interaction they have with the demons is kill or be killed.

Also about the wind guy, i not that he don't respect his master, it because he have too much respect for his master. Someone he clearly look up to and revere, that why he can't accept his master decision, a decision that in his eye go again anything they stand for, the destruction of demonkind. And the master know it gonna be hard to convince them, that why he don't tell them about Tamayo.

And despite all of that the only one that Tanjiro was insubordinate to was the Wind Hashira. Arguably the Master by interrupting with his request to headbutt the Wind Hashsira. The others not just talking about killing him, but talking about killing him without the need to have a trial at all. Something that the Insect Hashira stopped. And as they continued to argue for their need to not wait the Master. The Love Hashira was the one who brought up the impossibility of their Master not knowing anything about the situation at all, and suggested that they should wait. Then the Wind Hashira crashes the party.

And it isn't that I don't think the Wind guy respects his master at all, just obviously not enough to have patience. He and the snake had no argument. And nothing to offer to counter balance the letter written by Tanjiro's teacher. Just anger and violence. There is very little point in giving such strong people authority if they can not be trusted. It shouldn't be a hard ask for them to not go behind his back and kill Tamayo and her assistant. How much blood lust does one have to have that not killing two "enemies" is unconscionable?
Sep 11, 2019 11:34 AM

May 2015
Pouting nezuko won this episode
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Yesterday

12 by LorduSuSpiritus »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2019

1093 by yagxr »»
Apr 14, 12:06 AM

Poll: » Shinobou or Mitsuri?

Reckless_weeb - Mar 25, 2022

42 by Qui-gon »»
Apr 10, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2019

528 by pyrophilia »»
Apr 8, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RebelPanda - Jun 15, 2019

307 by Term4738 »»
Apr 1, 11:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.