Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 8, 2019 4:13 PM

Mar 2019
I'm looking for an anime to watch that isn't that popular but scores highly in your book. Any animes you'd like to share? :)
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 8, 2019 4:22 PM

Dec 2017
Kare Kano is the big one that comes to mind. The first 18 episodes are probably my favorite thing in general, not just anime or tv or whatever. Kyousougiga also comes to mind

Why don’t we become monsters and really mess up this awful world? Just destroy until there’s no more evil, no more sadness, no more anything…
Wouldn’t that be great?

Sep 8, 2019 4:28 PM

Mar 2019
-Nyammy- said:
Kare Kano is the big one that comes to mind. The first 18 episodes are probably my favorite thing in general, not just anime or tv or whatever. Kyousougiga also comes to mind
I'll give Kyousou Giga a shot! Thanks for the suggestion :)
Sep 8, 2019 4:32 PM

Nov 2016
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu is a pretty good hidden gem, if you like historical dramas.
Don't question my antics.
Sep 8, 2019 4:48 PM

Mar 2019
Agent_of_Maine said:
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu is a pretty good hidden gem, if you like historical dramas.
Ight i'll add it to my shortlist :). It better be good or else i'll hunt you for all entirenty for wasting my time.
Sep 8, 2019 4:51 PM

Mar 2018
lost song is a really nice show but not many people know it
Sep 8, 2019 4:54 PM
Jan 2019
Nabari no ou, hakata tonkotsu no ramens, shiki, classroom of elite
Sep 8, 2019 4:56 PM

Apr 2019
leila_ar said:

Oh my god. Lost song is so amazing I love it. I HIGHLY recommend it. it's probably the most hidden of gems.

Sep 8, 2019 4:59 PM

Mar 2019
ayalazhar08 said:
added all of them to my shortlist, thanks for the tips
Sep 8, 2019 5:00 PM

Aug 2018
Houseki no kuni and princess principal
Sep 8, 2019 5:00 PM

Mar 2019
TinyTempest said:
leila_ar said:

Oh my god. Lost song is so amazing I love it. I HIGHLY recommend it. it's probably the most hidden of gems.
I've heard mixed opinions about it. I think I'll eventually watch it and form my own opinion. Thanks for the suggestion by the way :D
Sep 8, 2019 5:08 PM

Jun 2019
Aku no Hana - Coming-of-age psychological drama about self-image, peer pressure, sexual perversions, anarchy, and conformity.

Aishiteruze Baby - Excellent showing of unusual family situation with high school boy forced to raise younger preschool aged cousin and how it changes his plans for the future and relationships with his girlfriend, sister, and parents. Mix of heavy drama with Slice of Life. Shoujo from mid 2000s.

Petshop of Horrors - Anthology-formatted show rarely seen in anime. Only four episode OVA from 90s. Also a combo of horror and mystery, which is rarely seen, and set in the U.S. Each episode explores more of the mythology behind a pet shop with an inhuman owner and creatures not known to man in LA's Chinatown linked to a string of unsolved murder cases as well as a different customer and their predicament which leads them to the shop.

Sep 8, 2019 5:20 PM

Mar 2019
WatchTillTandava said:
Aku no Hana - Coming-of-age psychological drama about self-image, peer pressure, sexual perversions, anarchy, and conformity.

Aishiteruze Baby - Excellent showing of unusual family situation with high school boy forced to raise younger preschool aged cousin and how it changes his plans for the future and relationships with his girlfriend, sister, and parents. Mix of heavy drama with Slice of Life. Shoujo from mid 2000s.

Petshop of Horrors - Anthology-formatted show rarely seen in anime. Only four episode OVA from 90s. Also a combo of horror and mystery, which is rarely seen, and set in the U.S. Each episode explores more of the mythology behind a pet shop with an inhuman owner and creatures not known to man in LA's Chinatown linked to a string of unsolved murder cases as well as a different customer and their predicament which leads them to the shop.

added Aishiteruze Baby to my list. by the way i got a quick question. do you guys read manga on the web or read it on paper?
PelagusSep 9, 2019 2:37 AM
Sep 8, 2019 5:22 PM

Mar 2018
TinyTempest said:
leila_ar said:

RIGHT. i watched it completely randomly and i enjoyed it thoroughly from start to finish. it seems quite generic on the outside but it is filled with so much more. would recco to anybody that likes fantasy or just wholesome content
Sep 8, 2019 5:24 PM
Jun 2019
Rainbow nisha rokubou no shichinin is a hidden gem :)
Sep 8, 2019 5:27 PM

Dec 2018
If you like Death Note you can watch Kaiji too. And if you like Kaiji you can watch Akagi.
Sep 8, 2019 5:29 PM

Mar 2018
Saraiya Goyou (House of five leaves). Its a heavy drama about a gang that kidnaps rich people for ransom. The artwork is rather unique and takes some time getting used to. Don't expect action or anything like that from it.
LuchseSep 8, 2019 5:35 PM

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 8, 2019 5:34 PM

Mar 2019
RoyaleMiko said:
If you like Death Note you can watch Kaiji too. And if you like Kaiji you can watch Akagi.
who doesn't like death note
ill give it a shot
Sep 8, 2019 5:35 PM
Sep 2017
Pelagus said:
I'm looking for an anime to watch that isn't that popular but scores highly in your book. Any animes you'd like to share? :)
Ping Pong the animation? you just have to get used to the art style.
Sep 8, 2019 5:37 PM

Mar 2019
Whgedia said:
Pelagus said:
Ping Pong the animation? you just have to get used to the art style.

i've heard wonderful things about it, almost all of it positive. ill defo watch it but i like to wait and watch something when ill get the most out of it, you feel me, thanks for the reminder though

Sep 8, 2019 5:42 PM
Jun 2016
Gangsta was pretty great, nice mafia feel to it. If you enjoyed Baccano or Bananafish, you'll love this.
Sep 8, 2019 5:45 PM

Oct 2018
so basically underrated anime?

- phantom: requiem for the phantom
- mushishi
- natsume yuujinchou
Sep 8, 2019 5:48 PM
Jul 2018
Machikado Mazoku is the hidden gem of the season.

It is hilarious and adorable.

The main character is the absolute best.

It reminds me of Gabriel Dropout if Satania was the main character.

Genius right? It is really good.
Sep 8, 2019 5:49 PM

Mar 2019
Stoorainclaire said:
so basically underrated anime?

- phantom: requiem for the phantom
- mushishi
- natsume yuujinchou

well ye, but i dont like to use the word underrated.underrated means that you watched it but didnt like it. added all of em to my shortlist btw so thanks for the suggestions
Sep 8, 2019 5:51 PM

Mar 2019
Jacob-Telford said:
Gangsta was pretty great, nice mafia feel to it. If you enjoyed Baccano or Bananafish, you'll love this.
i've heard of baccano but not bananafish, thanks for the recommendetions
Sep 8, 2019 5:51 PM
Jul 2018
Pelagus said:
Agent_of_Maine said:
Ight i'll add it to my shortlist :). It better be good or else i'll hunt you for all entirenty for wasting my time.

This is actually one of the best anime period.
It is not only a "hidden gem" but one of the objectively best anime of all time.
I burst into tears just from seeing the credits roll for the final episode. It was just that damned good.
Sep 8, 2019 5:55 PM

Mar 2019
jarring said:
Pelagus said:

It is not only a "hidden gem" but one of the objectively best anime of all time.
I burst into tears just from seeing the credits roll for the final episode. It was just that damned good.
jarring said:
Pelagus said:

now i have to watch it lol. hey btw i like your optimism just sayin :D
Sep 8, 2019 6:04 PM
Jul 2018
I think you should first tell us what kind of anime you like, so we can reccomend the right anime.
Sep 8, 2019 6:08 PM
Jul 2018
Princess Tutu.
Tsukumodo Antique Shop.
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance (LN)
Sep 8, 2019 6:13 PM

Mar 2019
HopefulNihilist said:
I think you should first tell us what kind of anime you like, so we can reccomend the right anime.
i like storytelling that goes into certain aspects of society, life, morals etc. ex. death note, code geass
btw why tf is denzel your favorite artist looool, i thin he is really talented but i prefer nas or ye since the are better at storytellin
Sep 8, 2019 6:15 PM

Mar 2019
_namles said:
ayalazhar08 said:

Half of these aren't exactly "hidden" gems, but okay.
well i agree but they might be "unknown" to some ppl - thanks for bringing something new to the table btw dickhead
Sep 8, 2019 6:16 PM

Mar 2015
Rainbow nisha
Nanana buried treasure
Terra e
Chrono crusade
The world is not beautiful. Therefore, it is.
Sep 8, 2019 6:18 PM

May 2018
-Elfen Lied, so beautiful yet so sad
[/center]
Sep 8, 2019 6:19 PM
Jul 2019
lost song
sirius the jaeger
bakurano
Sep 8, 2019 6:19 PM

Mar 2019
johnbradshaw said:
Rainbow nisha
Nanana buried treasure
Terra e
Chrono crusade

added Terra e 2 my list. thanks for the tip
Sep 8, 2019 6:22 PM

Dec 2017
Midori Days
Cromartie High
D-Frag
Tatami Galaxy
Dennou Coil
Kill me Baby
You're under arrest

That's my list, man.
Sep 8, 2019 6:25 PM

Jun 2015
Tiger & Bunny is definitely a hidden gem, I love the show so much, the animation may a bit different, but the show is amazing!
Sep 8, 2019 6:27 PM

Mar 2019
Cr4zko said:
Midori Days
Cromartie High
D-Frag
Tatami Galaxy
Dennou Coil
Kill me Baby
You're under arrest

That's my list, man.

added Cromartie High ,You're under arrest ova and Tatami Galaxy to my list. thanks for the suggestions
Jul 2018
I'm surprised so many people are recommending Lost Song.

It was pretty cute. I liked it. pretty trippy. I mean it had its flaws with that trippy aspect, but it was still really fun and interesting despite it.

The girl with the boobs that hang out like 5 inches over her shirt always cracked me up. she had some good lines too.

The main character was absolutely adorable. wholesome anime.

Mar 2015
Pelagus said:
johnbradshaw said:
Rainbow nisha
Nanana buried treasure
Terra e
Chrono crusade

if you love it, you should add yamato 2199 (2012) to ur list and its sequel
Sep 8, 2019 6:28 PM

Mar 2019
hnowak214 said:
Tiger & Bunny is definitely a hidden gem, I love the show so much, the animation may a bit different, but the show is amazing!

tiger bunny aint a hidden gem but ive heard its really good
Sep 8, 2019 6:31 PM

Mar 2019
johnbradshaw said:
Pelagus said:

i added the ova, which one should i wtch after that
Sep 8, 2019 6:33 PM
Jul 2018
you added Machikado Mazoku to your list right?

It's the hidden gem of the season.

It's actually got some solid reviews for being like.. pretty much the LEAST popular anime of the season. 2 9s and 2 7s. I mean, that's pretty damned good scores by reviews for an anime at the bottom of the barrel.

But this isn't why i'm recommending it. It's just a great show.

I'd recommend at least just checking out the trailer MAL has on its page.

:3 adorable sauce.
Sep 8, 2019 6:33 PM

Mar 2007
All of Aria is underrated - The Origination, The Natural etc. The most perfect slice of life I've ever had the pleasure of watching.
Sep 8, 2019 6:34 PM

Mar 2019
jarring said:
you added Machikado Mazoku to your list right?

It's the hidden gem of the season.

It's actually got some solid reviews for being like.. pretty much the LEAST popular anime of the season. 2 9s and 2 7s. I mean, that's pretty damned good scores by reviews for an anime at the bottom of the barrel.

But this isn't why i'm recommending it. It's just a great show.

I'd recommend at least just checking out the trailer MAL has on its page.

:3 adorable sauce.

my friend said it was average but i read some reviews and it said it was decent so ill add it :)
Sep 8, 2019 6:36 PM

Mar 2019
Stormy_77 said:
All of Aria is underrated - The Origination, The Natural etc. The most perfect slice of life I've ever had the pleasure of watching.

should i start with Aria The Origination?
Sep 8, 2019 6:36 PM

Mar 2015
Pelagus said:
jarring said:

jarring said:

now i have to watch it lol. hey btw i like your optimism just sayin :D

I second it. One of the very best anime in recent year
Sep 8, 2019 6:37 PM

May 2018
Neo-Ranga!!! Tetsuwan Birdy too.
Hmmm, i never hear people talk about hoozuki no reitetsu, i love the references to Japanese pop culture and its some of the funniest and best situational humor ive watched.
Oniisama-e if youre into super Ikeda style 70s shoujo (it was adapted in the 90s tho)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 愛してる *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Sep 8, 2019 6:37 PM

Mar 2015
Pelagus said:
johnbradshaw said:

i added the ova, which one should i wtch after that

Yamato 2022. It has another sequel coming in 2 year time.
Sep 8, 2019 6:42 PM
Jul 2018
Tsubakiaka said:
Neo-Ranga!!! Tetsuwan Birdy too.
Hmmm, i never hear people talk about hoozuki no reitetsu, i love the references to Japanese pop culture and its some of the funniest and best situational humor ive watched.
Oniisama-e if youre into super Ikeda style 70s shoujo (it was adapted in the 90s tho)

coolheaded hozuki IS pretty good. It's actually got really interesting art and pretty good production value on top of being genuinely funny. It's actually kind of weird how under the radar that anime is. You'd think it would at least be popular enough that its second season received some hype, but I guess it's just not very popular in the west or what?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Looking for any recommendations really

TabonyBoy - Apr 16

11 by Skuletor »»
43 minutes ago

» Grim series for tonight

LoveYourEyes - Apr 1

15 by r3v3l3v3l »»
47 minutes ago

» new season, need recommendations

silversaint - 2 hours ago

3 by Longnines »»
1 hour ago

» Anime similar to live-action action movies?

Skuletor - Today

6 by Skuletor »»
6 hours ago

» Planning to watch Sousou no Frieren

WitchDoc - Today

8 by r3v3l3v3l »»
Today, 10:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.