Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

I'm excited. I do. But then I just noticed Bakugou is not in the main character this season. Should I worry?

New
Sep 2, 2019 3:16 AM

Jan 2010
Kind of a letdown tbh.
How little Bakugou's screentime will be?
Can someone tell me without spoiling anything?

Thank you.

EDIT Sep 17th:
I know it's not against the rules and you can post anything in any thread but more than half the answer I got is just ppl dropping comment about how they are happy Bakugou won't be in the season much which doesn't answer my question at all.

How sad, childish, and disappointing. This is just the kind the mentality most of MAL ppl have I guess.

EDIT Sep 22nd:
I made a mistake coming here. You can close the thread if you want @DeadlyRaven
Thanks.
CrimsonMidnightSep 21, 2019 11:37 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 2, 2019 4:21 AM

Sep 2015
That's probably because he's gonna be the main focus in only 1 of the arcs they'll be adapting this season and it's a small one,like 1-2 eps worth of content.
Sep 2, 2019 7:54 AM

Aug 2019
Good thing, at lease we won't hear him rant about Midoriya becoming better than him
Sep 2, 2019 8:27 AM

Mar 2016
He should have something like 40 to 60 minutes this season. Not more I think.
Sep 2, 2019 12:25 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
The fact that he’s getting little screen time is a blessing. Unlikeable asshole cunt, its a wonder that a good amount of other anime has unlikeable assholes/brats change into much better people in a shorter time frame, I wonder why this anime can’t do the same. Horikoshi should kill him off ffs.

He’s the shittiest character in battle shounen alongside Utsuro and Nobunobu from Gintama, Sasuke and Obito from Naruto, Sinbad from Magi, and Elizabeth and Meliodas from Nanatsu no Taizai.

Fuck him and the people who like him. Also, KatsuDeku shippers are painfully ignorant of the terrible consequences and impacts of bullying.
LeonhartAugustSep 2, 2019 12:32 PM
Sep 2, 2019 12:31 PM

Aug 2016
That's god.

Unless he is hooking up with Uraraka, I could do without seeing him.
Sep 2, 2019 3:12 PM
May 2018
I am pleased tbh, he's mainly the reason of why I almost drop the show
Sep 4, 2019 3:35 AM

May 2018
It's a GREAT season nonetheless !

►"The deeper the darkness the more dazzling the light shines." ◄
►"As you live you lose reasons and hope. But as you keep on going, you pick up new reasons and hope."◄
►"If I don’t stand up here… If I don’t reach higher here… When am I ever going to do it?"◄
Sep 4, 2019 7:18 AM
Dec 2013
The bully is getting less screentime this season? Thank God!
Sep 7, 2019 2:12 AM

Jan 2010
ExoYami said:
That's probably because he's gonna be the main focus in only 1 of the arcs they'll be adapting this season and it's a small one,like 1-2 eps worth of content.

Oh no... he will only appears in two episodes only? This is such a letdown...

tzarye14 said:

Damn... this is kind of a letdown...

xSayumi said:

I really hope so. But still, it's a letdown when your main reason of watching something is absent.

Midoriya is a bore for me... Kirishima is nice, hopefully I can get to know him better and grow to like him this season.
The other new comer hopefully will be entertaining as well.

Gosh, this is really kind of a letdown for me aaaaaaaaargh.
And wow, I didn't realize my excitement for this series rely so much on Bakugou.

I'm sooo much more excited for the movie now.
Sep 7, 2019 4:57 AM
May 2018
Shicchi said:
ExoYami said:

Oh no... he will only appears in two episodes only? This is such a letdown...

tzarye14 said:

xSayumi said:

I really hope so. But still, it's a letdown when your main reason of watching something is absent.

Midoriya is a bore for me... Kirishima is nice, hopefully I can get to know him better and grow to like him this season.
The other new comer hopefully will be entertaining as well.

Gosh, this is really kind of a letdown for me aaaaaaaaargh.
And wow, I didn't realize my excitement for this series rely so much on Bakugou.

I'm sooo much more excited for the movie now.

Kirishima does a have pretty nice screentime and you will sure know him better in this season.
Enjoy life to the fullest weebs
Sep 7, 2019 5:02 AM

Jul 2013
Good news. This season already looks promising, I see.
Sep 7, 2019 11:08 AM

Mar 2016
Shicchi said:
tzarye14 said:

After the first arc he then should have a 2 episode long arc with Todoroki and some other guys from season 3 and he's also in the next arc although they don't focus on him that much.
Sep 16, 2019 12:59 AM

Oct 2008
To be honest, I always expected and wanted to see him transition in to a villain. Than he and Izuku could have had a dramatic spike in their rivalry. But seeing him in s3 kind of killed that and now I worry that this along with some other additions will lessen the 4th season's plot.
Sep 16, 2019 5:41 AM

Jan 2010
zieek said:
To be honest, I always expected and wanted to see him transition in to a villain. Than he and Izuku could have had a dramatic spike in their rivalry. But seeing him in s3 kind of killed that and now I worry that this along with some other additions will lessen the 4th season's plot.

Well, I always know he'd never fall into villainy. Bakugou is the one who wants to be hero more than anyone, he even cares about his academic, his records.
In my eyes, Deku is the one more likely to fall into darkness than Bakugou. Knowing his dark past and bitterness to the world. If the villain get to Deku sooner than All Might, he might become villain lol.
Sep 16, 2019 1:22 PM

Apr 2017
zieek said:

I hope he doesn't lol, otherwise he's really gonna be a pseudo Sasuke
Sep 16, 2019 2:42 PM
Apr 2019
If true i drop this show
Sep 16, 2019 5:26 PM
Apr 2017
This deason is quite good, you'll see characters who are waaay too presious (*q*) but i don't really understand why you like Bakugou that much, i like him too but i can not forgive a guy who bully a boy who are weaker than him over 10 years ? 10 years, just beecause he fell on a river wtf xD
Sep 16, 2019 11:16 PM

Jan 2010
Madeline_28 said:
This deason is quite good, you'll see characters who are waaay too presious (*q*) but i don't really understand why you like Bakugou that much, i like him too but i can not forgive a guy who bully a boy who are weaker than him over 10 years ? 10 years, just beecause he fell on a river wtf xD

You don't have to forgive him to be able to like him lol.
I never feel the urge to attack anyone who feels that way. I just thought they are just a combination of this:
1. They don't understand his character
2. Too blinded to see his development and qualities
3. Just don't like his type of character (short tempered, loud, arrogant)

Which is fine. The fact that he is the most popular character in the fandom is prove enough :D
Sep 16, 2019 11:49 PM
May 2016
He doesn't have as big of a role this season, which is a shame since he's far more interesting than Deku. At least the little we do see of him gives him decent development
Sep 16, 2019 11:50 PM

Jan 2013
I see this as an absolute win!
Less of that brat is good.
Sep 16, 2019 11:51 PM

Apr 2013
Good to hear, he's by far the most annoying character in this show.
Sep 17, 2019 7:24 AM

Jan 2010
I know it's not against the rules and you can post anything in any thread but more than half the answer I got is just ppl dropping comment about how they are happy Bakugou won't be in the season much which doesn't answer my question at all.

How sad, childish, and disappointing. This is just the kind the mentality most of MAL ppl have I guess.
Sep 17, 2019 2:03 PM
May 2018
Shicchi said:

Literally your question got answered with the first reply, why you should care for any of the others? besides if the title of the thread would have just been the question there would have a lot less people giving opinions.
Sep 17, 2019 10:26 PM

Apr 2019
i wanted to shit on Bakugo but saw the amount of people that already did so i will abstain xD
wonderful
im amazed he is so popular, then again deku is just as annoying
You son of a .. turtle

Sep 18, 2019 4:26 AM

Jan 2010
Fabrizio00 said:
Shicchi said:

Literally your question got answered with the first reply, why you should care for any of the others? besides if the title of the thread would have just been the question there would have a lot less people giving opinions.

And is it wrong if I want to hear opinion from more than one person? And I think the title question contained enough relevant information. It explains how I was very excited but I just noticed Bakugou won't be main character, so I wanted to know how much screentime he'd get and what are fellow Bakugou fans feel about it.

Because my question is not only asking whether Bakugou will have less screentime or not because it's already obvious since he is not one of the main character. I want to know what people ppl like me that disappointed about it think or feel too. I guess this part is too implicit for ppl to misunderstood... I thought it's obvious this thread kinda directed towards Bakugou's fans. But there is no rules that this thread is exclusive to Bakugou's fans only so... /shrug
Sep 18, 2019 4:46 AM

Oct 2018
Isn't that a good thing? That makes this season ten times better
Sep 18, 2019 5:33 AM
May 2018
Shicchi said:
And is it wrong if I want to hear opinion from more than one person? And I think the title question contained enough relevant information. It explains how I was very excited but I just noticed Bakugou won't be main character, so I wanted to know how much screentime he'd get and what are fellow Bakugou fans feel about it.

Because my question is not only asking whether Bakugou will have less screentime or not because it's already obvious since he is not one of the main character. I want to know what people ppl like me that disappointed about it think or feel too. I guess this part is too implicit for ppl to misunderstood... I thought it's obvious this thread kinda directed towards Bakugou's fans. But there is no rules that this thread is exclusive to Bakugou's fans only so... /shrug

Then you should probably delete the part of "doesn't answer my question at all", because it's obvious that you actually wanted to hear opinions, but the ones you don't like to hear…
Sep 18, 2019 9:33 AM

Jan 2010
Fabrizio00 said:
Shicchi said:

Then you should probably delete the part of "doesn't answer my question at all", because it's obvious that you actually wanted to hear opinions, but the ones you don't like to hear…

No, because it's directed towards those comments which only come to bash, instead of properly answer my questions, which is:
1. How much screentime Bakugou will have without spoiling anything.
2. Should I worry about his lack of appearance (which can only be answered by ppl that actually a fan of Bakugou or at least liked him bcs it'll prompted them to answer this with how they are feeling about it as a fellow fan)
Sep 18, 2019 2:58 PM
May 2018
Shicchi said:
No, because it's directed towards those comments which only come to bash, instead of properly answer my questions, which is:
2. Should I worry about his lack of appearance (which can only be answered by ppl that actually a fan of Bakugou or at least liked him bcs it'll prompted them to answer this with how they are feeling about it as a fellow fan)

Only the fourth guy "bash" as in insult, and at least he gave reasons, wich is more appreciated than just bash.
1. Again, this one turns irrelevant once it's answered, the more someone could aport without spoiling is what other characters will have screentime.
2. This one is understandable and could be more if it was made in some club or some place where it's obvious that gather more fans of the show than just random people that just watch the show.
Also, I don't know how just simply write an opinion could be seen as "childish" .
Sep 19, 2019 12:27 AM

Jan 2010
Fabrizio00 said:
Shicchi said:

Only the fourth guy "bash" as in insult, and at least he gave reasons, wich is more appreciated than just bash.
1. Again, this one turns irrelevant once it's answered, the more someone could aport without spoiling is what other characters will have screentime.
2. This one is understandable and could be more if it was made in some club or some place where it's obvious that gather more fans of the show than just random people that just watch the show.
Also, I don't know how just simply write an opinion could be seen as "childish" .

1. As I mentioned before, what if I want answer from more than one person. If I want answer from only one person, I can just direct message someone that read the manga.
2. Yes, as I mentioned in my previous reply, it can't be helped and I can only just shrug. Duh.

I wasn't referring to simply writing an opinion as childish, DUH. More like ppl's tendency to gloat over someone else's suffering and rub it in their face just because they love something you hate.
Sep 19, 2019 9:45 AM

Jul 2013
Nim0174 said:
i wanted to shit on Bakugo but saw the amount of people that already did so i will abstain xD
wonderful

Apparently, he's kinda "hot" and "handsome." His fanbase is composed mostly of women who find his "asshole becoming less of an asshole" journey endearing and shippers (which is mostly what the BNHA fandom is composed of).
Sep 19, 2019 11:34 AM
May 2018
Shicchi said:
1. As I mentioned before, what if I want answer from more than one person. If I want answer from only one person, I can just direct message someone that read the manga.
2. Yes, as I mentioned in my previous reply, it can't be helped and I can only just shrug. Duh.

I wasn't referring to simply writing an opinion as childish, DUH. More like ppl's tendency to gloat over someone else's suffering and rub it in their face just because they love something you hate.

1. No one who hasn't read the manga would be able to answer this question without speculate, is a question that has a clear answer because it's asking for known information. Do you even read what you write?
I hardly think anyone who said is happy that bakugou isn't the focus this season, has also said that you should be ashamed for not or some shit like that, they are all just commenting how they feel about this, they may or not be happy that his fans are butthurt, but that is just speculation. Where's the childish behaviour?
Sep 19, 2019 11:59 AM
Jul 2018
You might have to get used to it...

Sep 19, 2019 12:27 PM
Jul 2018
I'm pretty sure he has ~3 episodes dedicated to just him, since there's a mini arc dedicated to him in the manga
Sep 19, 2019 2:28 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Shicchi said:

This is not a fanclub. I wouldn’t forgive real bullies (I’m not a forgiving person), why would I tolerate/forgive a fictional bully? He’s unlikeable to the point that I had more sympathy for people like Gilgamesh (F/SN), Ali al Sachez, those prison guards from Rainbow, etc and those guys are horrible people (morally). At least they were presented as the bad people they truly are, and the former two are great villains. Development and qualities? I won’t buy it until he truly regrets his puerile behavior and stops being a bully. Btw, calling people childish and “blind haters” is a distasteful response to a criticism of a character. Those qualities you mentioned are not inherently bad in a character, in fact some of my favorite characters are like that, the thing is that I have zero respect for aggressive, one-upping, bratty, ugly troglodytes like Katsushit.
Tohsaka_Rukia said:

Nim0174 said:
wonderful

Apparently, he's kinda "hot" and "handsome." His fanbase is composed mostly of women who find his "asshole becoming less of an asshole" journey endearing and shippers (which is mostly what the BNHA fandom is composed of).

I personally think he is physically ugly. There are hotter guys in battle shouen such as Sinbad from Magi (he’s a shit character though), Kamui and Takasugi from Gintama, some characters from Jojo, Allen, Kanda and Lavi from D.Gray-Man, etc.

Random example: A character who actually matures overtime would be Yzak Joule from Gundam Seed, he starts out as a loud brat, but he gradually improves over time and becomes a respectable and mature man. Gundam Seed is hated by many but its one thing that the series did right. Another example is Tieria from Gundam 00. He starts out as a stuck up asshole but he becomes a much kinder person in Season 2. In both characters, you can actually notice their development.
LeonhartAugustSep 19, 2019 2:38 PM
Sep 20, 2019 3:23 AM

Jan 2010
Fabrizio00 said:
Shicchi said:

1. No one who hasn't read the manga would be able to answer this question without speculate, is a question that has a clear answer because it's asking for known information. Do you even read what you write?
I hardly think anyone who said is happy that bakugou isn't the focus this season, has also said that you should be ashamed for not or some shit like that, they are all just commenting how they feel about this, they may or not be happy that his fans are butthurt, but that is just speculation. Where's the childish behaviour?

1. I guess I should put information that I'm obv asking ppl who have read the manga and know what will be in this upcoming season.

I don't understand why you keep asking the same question. I answered it here: "More like ppl's tendency to gloat over someone else's suffering and rub it in their face just because they love something you hate."
and I don't understand where this "I should be ashamed" thing came from.

I was genuinely sad, asking whether I should worry that my favorite character won't be in it much, yet some people dropping comments how it makes them happy instead. I was expecting information and also reassurance. I guess I was wrong expecting that.

I hope this clear enough for you.

Actually this thread is a good lesson for me. So I know what to note when making threads.

I'm not butthurt, I just disappointed. Ppl can hate Bakugou as much as they want, I don't care ^^; He is currently the most popular, as long as that doesn't change I'm good.
Sep 20, 2019 3:55 AM

Jan 2010
[quote=MeisterDM message=58387924]
Shicchi said:

This is not a fanclub. I wouldn’t forgive real bullies (I’m not a forgiving person), why would I tolerate/forgive a fictional bully? He’s unlikeable to the point that I had more sympathy for people like Gilgamesh (F/SN), Ali al Sachez, those prison guards from Rainbow, etc and those guys are horrible people (morally). At least they were presented as the bad people they truly are, and the former two are great villains. Development and qualities? I won’t buy it until he truly regrets his puerile behavior and stops being a bully. Btw, calling people childish and “blind haters” is a distasteful response to a criticism of a character. Those qualities you mentioned are not inherently bad in a character, in fact some of my favorite characters are like that, the thing is that I have zero respect for aggressive, one-upping, bratty, ugly troglodytes like Katsushit.

This is not a fan club yes. That's why I said it's not against rules and anything, DUH. I'm not blaming anyone. I just disappointed and think you people are childish.

Yeah, believe what you believe. One more person hating Bakugou is nothing (and idc) and besides, majority of people don't seem to agree with your criticism which is fine with me :D

I'm not referring specific to Bakugou haters as childish. Please read carefully of what I said. I was referring to most of MAL ppl. This is my opinion on most of users here in the years that I've been involved in the forum since 2010.

And I wasn't responding to any criticism of a character because I don't see any here.
Sep 20, 2019 5:06 PM
Oct 2018
Shicchi said:

EDIT Sep 17th:

Sad, childish an disappointing... lol
People are commenting what they think about the subject of your thread. What’s the problem? You say it’s a letdown for you, they say they prefer it like that. That’s exactly the point of these threads... People giving their thoughts about something and discuting them with other peoples who share the same hobby as they do.

I just hope it’s just some kind of troll or joke I’m too stupid to understand...
Sep 21, 2019 12:03 AM
Jan 2018
I don't know if someone has answered your question - too much going on here.

The reason why is due to the fact, he didn't get his provisional license and this arc is about internships, which you need your provisional license to do.

I hope that helps.
Sep 21, 2019 1:04 AM

Oct 2011
Bakugo and Todoroki are busy studying for exams so yes, you'll barely see them at all this season

Sep 21, 2019 9:00 PM

Apr 2015
MeisterDM said:
The fact that he’s getting little screen time is a blessing. Unlikeable asshole cunt, its a wonder that a good amount of other anime has unlikeable assholes/brats change into much better people in a shorter time frame, I wonder why this anime can’t do the same. Horikoshi should kill him off ffs.

He’s the shittiest character in battle shounen alongside Utsuro and Nobunobu from Gintama, Sasuke and Obito from Naruto, Sinbad from Magi, and Elizabeth and Meliodas from Nanatsu no Taizai.

Fuck him and the people who like him. Also, KatsuDeku shippers are painfully ignorant of the terrible consequences and impacts of bullying.

I just can't agree more with everything you said.

Bakagou Katsushit is objectively a bad character and already got a massive amount of screentime in past seasons.
Sep 21, 2019 11:32 PM

Jan 2010
DieuMivas said:
Shicchi said:

EDIT Sep 17th:

Sad, childish an disappointing... lol
People are commenting what they think about the subject of your thread. What’s the problem? You say it’s a letdown for you, they say they prefer it like that. That’s exactly the point of these threads... People giving their thoughts about something and discuting them with other peoples who share the same hobby as they do.

I just hope it’s just some kind of troll or joke I’m too stupid to understand...

Whatever you say honey. I'm too old and tired of this shit.
Sep 21, 2019 11:38 PM

Sep 2015
Mafia arc is a boring and poorly written filler, you should worry about that, not about Bakugou screentime.
The opinions of people with shit taste, such as yourself, may differ of course.
Sep 21, 2019 11:49 PM

Nov 2014
Bakugo not going to be a main character this season? Wow already my favourite season not going to hear "shine, shine, shine" every time he's on screen
Sep 21, 2019 11:50 PM

Nov 2014
ShadowUnown said:
MeisterDM said:

Bakagou Katsushit is objectively a bad character and already got a massive amount of screentime in past seasons.

I too agree. Garbage character with 0 character development throughout 3 seasons. The fact they made a hero who says "die" every second is quite ironic
Sep 22, 2019 12:03 AM

Dec 2016
I'm glad he won't actually. You would've had to worry if he actually was the main character.
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Sep 22, 2019 8:07 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Karma-Senpai said:
ShadowUnown said:

I too agree. Garbage character with 0 character development throughout 3 seasons. The fact they made a hero who says "die" every second is quite ironic

If you guys are interested, join the anti-bakugou club. That uncivilized troglodyte deserves zero fans.
Sep 27, 2019 6:26 AM
Jan 2019
Shicchi said:
Kind of a letdown tbh.

Thank you.

EDIT Sep 17th:

EDIT Sep 22nd:
Thanks.

Dont worry this latest arc in my oppinion is the best in the series yet. Bakugo judgging that the season will end in the Cultural Festival Arc Bakugo will have little screen time and just a minor character. But he will be a main character in a 1-2 episode arc after the overhaul arc ends.
Sep 28, 2019 3:17 AM

Jan 2010
PJFrEe said:
Shicchi said:
Kind of a letdown tbh.

Thank you.

EDIT Sep 17th:

EDIT Sep 22nd:
Thanks.

Dont worry this latest arc in my oppinion is the best in the series yet. Bakugo judgging that the season will end in the Cultural Festival Arc Bakugo will have little screen time and just a minor character. But he will be a main character in a 1-2 episode arc after the overhaul arc ends.

I see!! Thanks so much for the info! <3

I really can't wait for it! XD
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

464 by bubba460z »»
Apr 11, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

158 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

233 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

225 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

128 by WolfWood37 »»
Mar 31, 9:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.